Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Kalamityjayne said:

It’s the teen mom after show set. I came here to see if anyone was here talking about the ten lbs her face seems to have put on.

She's had that ten pound look on her face due to eating seven pound quesadillas for quite some time. If she had LOST weight in her face, then I would notice. This is her a year ago. No difference.

cate ogre hunchback.jpg

• Love 7

Catelynn looks not just heavier but SWOLLEN. Some people gain and lose weight in their face easily. Some women are thin with fuller faces and others are heavier with thin faces (I’m the latter). But there’s a difference between looking as if you’ve gained weight (fat) and retained tons of water. Is she on some type of medication that would do that?

It probably doesn’t help that she’s a natural apple shape, who has never known how to dress herself. (Nothing wrong with being an apple shaped lady, but everyone needs to know how to dress themselves- as a plus sized pear you’ll never see me in a tent dress I’d look like I’m in a mumu.)

• Love 11

I notice she looks different around her upper lip.  That's why I'm thinking Botox, because it's so localized (imo).  And it does remind me a little of what Chelsea and Kail looked like when they paralyzed their upper lips.  ymmv. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

I notice she looks different around her upper lip.  That's why I'm thinking Botox, because it's so localized (imo).  And it does remind me a little of what Chelsea and Kail looked like when they paralyzed their upper lips.  ymmv. 

It was posted a short time back that it appeared she had lip work done on the upper lip. I think the discussion is a few pages back. I agree, I think she got Botox and maybe some kind of filler. I think a filter was also used for the photo. Compare this photo to how she looks in the image above where she is sitting on the couch:

Here is the photo that sparked that discussion:

catelynn lowell lip.jpg

Tyler is also losing a lot of weight. So, him being next to her will no doubt make her appear larger.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That picture on the left should’ve stayed in the outtakes. She looks totally zoned out. I’m pretty jealous of her eye color though. Mine are blue but not BLUE like Nova’s!

Her eyes are gorgeous! But I'm pretty sure they use filters to make them brighter and lighter. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That picture on the left should’ve stayed in the outtakes. She looks totally zoned out. I’m pretty jealous of her eye color though. Mine are blue but not BLUE like Nova’s!

High!  High!  She's always contact-high!!!

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t even know wtf to say to this video:

I don't even know what to say about the comments under the video:

crazy.png

Is this Cate's idea of living the life? Put your kid outside in a tent with an IPad so she can watch movies all day. 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, druzy said:

I don't even know what to say about the comments under the video:

crazy.png

Is this Cate's idea of living the life? Put your kid outside in a tent with an IPad so she can watch movies all day. 

This reminded me of a scene that just played out on Memorial Day. We were barbecuing and my friend's child threw a tantrum when her iPad shut down and needed to be recharged. I do mean a full blown tantrum. Her mother hurried to find a charger and plug that sucker in to get it charged up. In the meantime, the kid had her head on the table and refused to eat until she could have her iPad. Later in the day, I gave her and the other kids a ball to play with and told them to go play basketball. She lasted only ten minutes before complaining she was bored. She and this other kid who was there started bugging me to play with our Wii system. Hell to the no!!!! This same kid can't go to a restaurant without that damn iPad. I recall one time we visited a restaurant that has those small devices on the table that allow you to play games. That kid was fixated on that shit throughout the meal.

Kids (not all, I don't want to generalize) these days are being accommodated instead of being taught to have conversations with people or learn to play activities.

• Love 21

I actually feel pretty bad for Tyler. He's got a messed up family, his wife is leaving (what feels like all the time) to get help and he's holding everything down. No wonder he is just running and running and doing whatever has to be done. Meanwhile, it will catch up to him sooner or later. There is only so far you can go the way he's been going. I think he will end up resenting Caitlynn sooner or later.

I do believe Catelynn's anxiety and depression are bad, but I also think going away all the time isn't helping since she is coming back to them same/similar mess she left. Of course it's going to be hard and overwhelming, but her first thought is to leave instead of trying to have a better structured life, go see a therapist even daily, go to groups, and stay home with your family. You don't have to be in a facility to get better always, they have enough money that they can pay for help in their own city.

I think for her it's a part of being lazy as well, she isn't a naturally motivated person but that's why she needs help at home to try and bring some of that structure into her every day life. You can't always end up leaving every time thing's get bad.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/2/2018 at 6:12 PM, Kazu said:

This reminded me of a scene that just played out on Memorial Day. We were barbecuing and my friend's child threw a tantrum when her iPad shut down and needed to be recharged. I do mean a full blown tantrum. Her mother hurried to find a charger and plug that sucker in to get it charged up. In the meantime, the kid had her head on the table and refused to eat until she could have her iPad. Later in the day, I gave her and the other kids a ball to play with and told them to go play basketball. She lasted only ten minutes before complaining she was bored. She and this other kid who was there started bugging me to play with our Wii system. Hell to the no!!!! This same kid can't go to a restaurant without that damn iPad. I recall one time we visited a restaurant that has those small devices on the table that allow you to play games. That kid was fixated on that shit throughout the meal.

Kids (not all, I don't want to generalize) these days are being accommodated instead of being taught to have conversations with people or learn to play activities.

?

My husband and I are guilty of the iPad at a restaurant.

Our daughter is two months younger than Nova and on the spectrum so she has random meltdowns and can’t talk, yet. So when we actually do venture to a restaurant to have dinner with family or friends we bring her iPad so we can get through a dinner without a scene (I don’t have anyone that can babysit for us that is able to handle her otherwise we wouldn’t bring her to a restaurant).

Last month we went to our first restaurant in MONTHS with my brother and his wife and our daughter screamed the whole time (I think it was due to a short nap) and my husband had to sit in the car with her until she calmed down (Normally I handle the meltdowns but I haven’t seen my brother in a long time so my hubby let me enjoy my visit...)

We have behavioral therapy scheduled in July so hopefully we will have a better understanding of her meltdowns, but giving her the iPad was the ONLY way we could get through the meal with family without nearby patrons giving us the stink eye, but when we are home the iPad usage is restricted to 1 hour per day with 30 minutes of it being learning activities and the other 30 being her favorite show “spirit” on Netflix.

I don’t know why I just shared all of that. I guess it’s guilt for relying on technology to parent for me when in social situations or that I just have nobody to vent to about this...?

ETA: she’s a happy little girl but when in social situations she gets frustrated so I don’t want anyone thinking she’s bratty because she’s a sweety but since she’s not quite able to communicate her feelings just yet so it’s hard to know what’s bothering her (like an infant so to speak) so that’s why I don’t want to leave her with anyone but her dad and myself.

I have three kids total, full time job and no entourage of helpers helping me so I cringe when I see Kailyn complain about her struggles as a mom when on her 100th vacation. ?

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

?

Our daughter is two months younger than Nova and on the spectrum so she has random meltdowns and can’t talk, yet. So when we actually do venture to a restaurant to have dinner with family or friends we bring her iPad so we can get through a dinner without a scene (I don’t have anyone that can babysit for us that is able to handle her otherwise we wouldn’t bring her to a restaurant).

Last month we went to our first restaurant in MONTHS with my brother and his wife and our daughter screamed the whole time (I think it was due to a short nap) and my husband had to sit in the car with her until she calmed down (Normally I handle the meltdowns but I haven’t seen my brother in a long time so my hubby let me enjoy my visit...)

We have behavioral therapy scheduled in July so hopefully we will have a better understanding of her meltdowns, but giving her the iPad was the ONLY way we could get through the meal with family without nearby patrons giving us the stink eye, but when we are home the iPad usage is restricted to 1 hour per day with 30 minutes of it being learning activities and the other 30 being her favorite show “spirit” on Netflix.

I don’t know why I just shared all of that. I guess it’s guilt for relying on technology to parent for my when in social situations or that I just have nobody to vent to about this...?

I don't see why people get so up-in-arms over this (there was a story in scarymommy or something about just this topic...k I found it)

http://www.scarymommy.com/ipad-parents/

back in the day, my parents gave me my precious books or coloring books & crayons if they were at a place where they dared to enjoy a night out.  Boy-child had his Game Boy in the 90s.

Parents get to have lives too, dammit!  If the kid needs to entertain themselves (as opposed to what...intelligently participating in an hour-long conversation about kitchen cabinets?) so be it!

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, Calm81 said:

?

I don’t know why I just shared all of that. I guess it’s guilt for relying on technology to parent for me when in social situations or that I just have nobody to vent to about this...?

ETA: she’s a happy little girl but when in social situations she gets frustrated so I don’t want anyone thinking she’s bratty because she’s a sweety but since she’s not quite able to communicate her feelings just yet so it’s hard to know what’s bothering her (like an infant so to speak) so that’s why I don’t want to leave her with anyone but her dad and myself.

I have three kids total, full time job and no entourage of helpers helping me so I cringe when I see Kailyn complain about her struggles as a mom when on her 100th vacation. ?

My youngest has his mental disorders and I dealt with those kind of situations that you pointed out. I think back to the times I left a restaurant or stopped shopping in the middle of buying groceries. No shade your way or any other parent who needs to keep a kid calm or entertained on occasion.

I was referring to a parent I specifically know (who reminds me of Catelynn) who can't bother to entertain their child or teach them there are other ways to be entertained or to encourage their child to socialize with other children. It is easier for her to just hand her kid the iPad, her cell phone, etc.  I suppose since she herself loves to be on her own phone and lives on it like Jenelle with all the social apps and filter shit, she finds it easier to just throw a video game at her kid. This is not just on few occasions either. Kids party - device in her hand. Swimming activities - device in her hand. Forget being in the pool, this kid has to play with the dumb filters. This kid has these outbursts because she has been enabled and has become adjusted to having an electronic device in her hand. I feel for that kid because her mind is stuck on some game or messing with those damn filters.

I loved reading and having coloring books to keep me entertained, but it wasn't a must and it wasn't all the time. As a child, I had to learn to tolerate those boring moments or the times where I couldn't have those items such as attending church.

@teapot the scenario I pointed out is not shaming the parent I know. I know the parent enough to have made the comment with plenty of judgment. Catelynn ignores Nova and I feel this particular child I compared to Nova is in need of one on one attention and to be more social. Too many parents can't bother to parent and can't give their children the attention they crave and deserve.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, malaluna said:

She posts this for the world to see and then tells a commenter it's none of their business. Lol, then why post it...I swear.

ks8bxxws65211.jpg

This is inappropriate as hell to post on social media.

• Love 12
(edited)
7 hours ago, Kazu said:

My youngest has his mental disorders and I dealt with those kind of situations that you pointed out. I think back to the times I left a restaurant or stopped shopping in the middle of buying groceries. No shade your way or any other parent who needs to keep a kid calm or entertained on occasion.

I was referring to a parent I specifically know (who reminds me of Catelynn) who can't bother to entertain their child or teach them there are other ways to be entertained or to encourage their child to socialize with other children. It is easier for her to just hand her kid the iPad, her cell phone, etc.  I suppose since she herself loves to be on her own phone and lives on it like Jenelle with all the social apps and filter shit, she finds it easier to just throw a video game at her kid. This is not just on few occasions either. Kids party - device in her hand. Swimming activities - device in her hand. Forget being in the pool, this kid has to play with the dumb filters. This kid has these outbursts because she has been enabled and has become adjusted to having an electronic device in her hand. I feel for that kid because her mind is stuck on some game or messing with those damn filters.

I loved reading and having coloring books to keep me entertained, but it wasn't a must and it wasn't all the time. As a child, I had to learn to tolerate those boring moments or the times where I couldn't have those items such as attending church.

@teapot the scenario I pointed out is not shaming the parent I know. I know the parent enough to have made the comment with plenty of judgment. Catelynn ignores Nova and I feel this particular child I compared to Nova is in need of one on one attention and to be more social. Too many parents can't bother to parent and can't give their children the attention they crave and deserve.

I understand you meant it towards particular parents you know personally. I was just venting about why I occasionally do it since I never go out anymore lol. Hugs!

Catelynn can’t bother to parent Nova otherwise she’s off to a resort for the stresses of life meanwhile real parents are in engulfed in tons more stress mixed with financial burden and stick it out.

I can’t believe she’s airing Novas personal moments on social media again. Keep the potty training ups and downs to yourself CATE!!

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, malaluna said:

She posts this for the world to see and then tells a commenter it's none of their business. Lol, then why post it...I swear.

ks8bxxws65211.jpg

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but this is what Cate was responding to:

girlmama2018@kpass122 too old to not be potty trained

• Love 6

Isn't that why Nova was shipped off to daycare? So she could be potty-trained? How long ago was that? Seven years ago?

@Calm81 I know the feeling, girlfriend. I can totally sympathize. Hugs to you. It seemed my husband and I had to either sneak off somewhere or pray and hope that our youngest was going to make it through a meal at a restaurant. I was lucky to have two older children who could watch our youngest and allow us to have a break now and again. This was before our son was put on medications.

As far as Nova, I don't see her as having special needs. She is just a child whose only special needs are neglect by her mother. Her mother throws her outside with an electronic device instead of maybe interacting with her, sharing time together and enjoy nature, maybe going for a walk on their property. That would help Cate with her weight issues. Nope. Too damn lazy.

• Love 14

It was the audio in the video I posted of Nova in the tent, that got to me, something like,  I think I was cursed cause of something that happened before I was even born............

• Love 2

Cate has lousy muscle tone...why not try to tone up those triceps...I'm sure Tyler could set her up on beginning weightlifting program....and wasn't Nova sent to "preschool" at 2 to be potty trained because Cate was so overwhelmed with motherhood?

• Love 2