Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I just find it so incredibly offensive.  These story lines present adopted children like animals that need to be rescued from the pound by some amazing, self-martyring, (white) reality star(s) and pushes the narrative that adopted children should be "thankful" that anyone would "save" them.   When society constantly reminds adopted children that they should be thankful that someone adopted them (in a way that children parented by bio parents are not reminded of), that's a lot of responsibility to put on a child, especially one from the foster care system who likely has already had a lot of trauma in their lives.  

I hope what I'm trying to say makes sense. Faking these story lines about adoption is offensive to potential adoptive parents who have been waiting/saving to adopt or who have poured their hearts into kids with lots of baggage from foster care; offensive to adopted children that they are portrayed like puppies who should be thankful someone picked them up from the pound; and offensive to birth parents who made the heart-wrenching decision to place a child for adoption because they believed it was the best thing and ultimate act of love they could do for their child when they couldn't raise the child, as it minimizes that enormous sacrifice & decision like it was someone dropping a feral cat off at the pound. I find it disgusting, especially for a franchise that features a birth mom who is still clearly dealing with the emotional trauma of placing her child for adoption (Catelynn).  The show's producers should know better as they've seen the serious pain & sacrifice from adoption play out first hand with Catelynn and B&T.  I know it's too much to expect them to have some empathy for Catelynn, their "co-worker," by not using this as a fake story line, but damn....

(BTW, not directing my rant at you, @Brooklynista. I know you were just pointing out that it's a popular fake story line. My rant is directed at these shows, especially TM)

Preach!!!

Did anyone notice that Maci went with a Christian adoption agency?

• Love 16
(edited)
15 hours ago, Marisagf said:

Preach!!!

Did anyone notice that Maci went with a Christian adoption agency?

I did not notice; that explains a lot.  The whole conversation I was wondering why fostering wasn't mentioned.  There is such a need, and Maci and Taylor want to help but it's obviously not a great fit right now.

Kids need advocates and especially ones that are flexible during the day so they can attend court.  CASA is what we have here, where you are a court appointed advocate.  They could then get experience in that world because they obviously have no clue the issues these kids face.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 18

My friend was a CASA volunteer and I've looked into it.  It is something I really want to do, and it is a personal goal of mine to sign up.  It will probably be next year before I can do it though.  My friend had to stop doing it because he took on more with it than he really had time for.  We have talked about it and he wants to get involved again, and he advised me to be careful about taking on too much.

I agree.  If Maci and Taylor want to help foster kids, CASA is a great way to go.  

• Love 11

I’m shocked not to see more about the restraining order on this forum! Ryan threatening to shoot Maci and her husband? Showing up to a softball game high? Ryan’s really gone off the deep end and it’s scary. 

Crsxy thibg is I bet Mack put him up to it! 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

I’m shocked not to see more about the restraining order on this forum! Ryan threatening to shoot Maci and her husband? Showing up to a softball game high? Ryan’s really gone off the deep end and it’s scary. 

Crsxy thibg is I bet Mack put him up to it! 

There's a lot of talk about the restraining order in Ryan's thread.

• Love 7

Morgan J. Freeman met his wife at the hospital where Maci was giving birth: 

Freeman: Maci’s story is very close to my heart. I met my wife, Katie, at Maci’s birth. She was the media liaison for the hospital chain where Bentley was born. We met and then just a few months later went on a date, and then eight, nine years later, Maci came to our wedding

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a9571968/teen-mom-oral-history-mtv-16-pregnant/ 

The same article that I posted on Amber and C&T's thread. It gives behind-the-scenes information. 

• Love 5

Bad tattoos.

Sun practices that cause skin damage.

Understanding birth control.

Understanding (in)fertility.

2 year (or heck, 4 year) associate degrees.

Riding BMX bikes while heavily pregnant (see: her 16&P).

If Sharon thinks Maci's only weakness is math, she's in denial.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
On 4/9/2018 at 8:41 PM, Caracoa1 said:

What is up with Macy's speech pattern?  It takes forever to express herself..I just want to smack the back of her head and tell her to spit it out already!

I noticed it with Amber as well.  The slow, drawn-out words spoken in almost a whisper.  They need to pull themselves away from Keeping up with the Kardashians, since the "K" girls seem to be role models for way too many young women these days. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

FINALLY!  Now I can tell these two apart!  Seriously, I could never tell them apart b/c they are so close in age and had the same hair.

The only way I could tell them apart was Maverick forever had the "half-up boy bun" hair don't, so I am glad to see them reach this milestone. 

• Love 8

Although it would be out of character for Maci to respond to Mackenzie's letter on Twitter or Instagram it would give Maci a storyline for next season, if there is a next season. 

Maci if you are reading this forum and enjoy sleeping until 11:30 AM you need to respond to this letter. You insulted us with the adoption storyline. Give us something.

Mackenzie_Edwards_open_letter_to_Maci_McKinney_-490x737.jpg

Edited by druzy
  • Love 6
On 4/12/2018 at 4:50 PM, FairyDusted said:

@druzy She takes too long. Bentley would do a better and quicker job.

He's the brains in the family. Maci's brains were pickled long ago from alcohol.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 8
(edited)

"It was an absolute honor to join so many beautiful women on Capitol Hill to use our voices, share our experiences, and inform our leaders & representatives of the funding that is desperately needed for PCOS research and awareness. We poured our whole hearts in the place where change happens and I know they heard us! There are no words to describe the impact this week has had on my life, but more importantly the impact it will have on women's health in the future! I am still blown away by receiving the 2018 Ricardo Azziz PCOS Challenge Advocacy Leadership Award. I apologize for the film and audio quality. This was filmed on a cell phone."

youtube video:

Edited by Kazu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/25/2018 at 10:22 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

Benny is sort of a funny nickname considering his name is Bentley. "Hi, I have a son named Bradley, but I call him Braddy". 

Maci is a lazy fuck who can't bother to pronounce the "T" in his name. It is how she pronounces it when the lush has ingested a 12 pack.

12 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Maci needs a thread title. 

Maci: PCOS advocate with 3 kids under 10. 

Maci: mom of 3 lovely kids. 

Yes, definitely she needs one.

Maci: Trap Baby Queen of Chattanooga

Maci: Trap Babies...Try, Try Again

Maci: Make Me an Honest Woman

Maci: Hi, Nice to Meet You. I am Pregnant

Maci: Drinking for Two

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
23 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Maci needs a thread title. 

Maci: PCOS advocate with 3 kids under 10. 

Maci: mom of 3 lovely kids. 

10 hours ago, Kazu said:

Maci is a lazy fuck who can't bother to pronounce the "T" in his name. It is how she pronounces it when the lush has ingested a 12 pack.

Yes, definitely she needs one.

Maci: Trap Baby Queen of Chattanooga

Maci: Trap Babies...Try, Try Again

Maci: Make Me an Honest Woman

Maci: Hi, Nice to Meet You. I am Pregnant

Maci: Drinking for Two

I'll start the list! ?

• Love 5
(edited)

I’m liking the “Maci: Drinking for two (even though it makes me sad to think about her doing that...) and “Maci: Make me an honest woman” ?

ETA: I’ll give it a whirl..here’s one I just thought of

Maci: Monotonous speaking ginger on a continuous binger

Edited by Calm81
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, druzy said:

I'll start the list! ?

Thanks sweetie. :-)

Props to whoever came up with Saint Maci of Bud Lite. That needs to be part of the list.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 15
On 6/4/2018 at 10:28 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Maci: Is Not Actually That Bad and I Like Her

*ducks and runs*

You're brave.

In all honesty, if grading on a curve, she actually comes out okay. I mean, she mostly raises her kids, she's been employed at some times over the last decade, she hasn't assaulted anyone, stolen from anyone, she encourages her kids to do age appropriate activities, and she's not constantly flaunting her luxury vehicles and vacations while not paying the IRS or other creditors (believe she's paid up now, anyways).

That said, I just find her so annoying. I think it's because she's always congratulating herself for doing things that like, most functioning adults do, but that she feels is exclusive to her merely because the rest of her cohorts are insanely lazy and also not that bright. And possibly mentally ill.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, Tatum said:

You're brave.

In all honesty, if grading on a curve, she actually comes out okay. I mean, she mostly raises her kids, she's been employed at some times over the last decade, she hasn't assaulted anyone, stolen from anyone, she encourages her kids to do age appropriate activities, and she's not constantly flaunting her luxury vehicles and vacations while not paying the IRS or other creditors (believe she's paid up now, anyways).

That said, I just find her so annoying. I think it's because she's always congratulating herself for doing things that like, most functioning adults do, but that she feels is exclusive to her merely because the rest of her cohorts are insanely lazy and also not that bright. And possibly mentally ill.

This is how I feel. Yes Maci is a decent mom but she does always expect a slow clap for her endeavors of doing so. And yeah I get it, she stepped up and did what she was suppused to regarding Bentley when Ryan didn’t at all, but again.. she wants praise for this. 

• Love 14
19 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This is how I feel. Yes Maci is a decent mom but she does always expect a slow clap for her endeavors of doing so. And yeah I get it, she stepped up and did what she was suppused to regarding Bentley when Ryan didn’t at all, but again.. she wants praise for this. 

Well, the girl has earned millions of dollars at this point (if we go by 250K per season) for doing nothing more than getting knocked up in High School on purpose to trap a hot guy. Then she got paid to go do speaking gigs about why you should never have unprotected sex and got pregnant two more times. Maci really is not that bad and honestly does seem to love her kids. However, this child has literally made bank for making bad decisions. I am pretty sure her husband would never have married her if not for the Teen Mom money. Can you imagine what her life would be like if she was a single mother with three babies and very little educations or experience? This is why I stopped watching all the Teen Mom shows...at this point, it is nothing but trash tv that makes teen pregnancies look like a good thing.

• Love 10
(edited)
8 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Well, the girl has earned millions of dollars at this point (if we go by 250K per season) for doing nothing more than getting knocked up in High School on purpose to trap a hot guy. Then she got paid to go do speaking gigs about why you should never have unprotected sex and got pregnant two more times. Maci really is not that bad and honestly does seem to love her kids. However, this child has literally made bank for making bad decisions. I am pretty sure her husband would never have married her if not for the Teen Mom money. Can you imagine what her life would be like if she was a single mother with three babies and very little educations or experience? This is why I stopped watching all the Teen Mom shows...at this point, it is nothing but trash tv that makes teen pregnancies look like a good thing.

She does seem to love her kids. I agree. But what bothers me is her attitude a lot of the times. The way she talks with  authority, and like you said.. she got lucky that she was picked to be on this show but I think unfortunately it gives her this sense of entitlement that she wouldn’t have if she didn’t have the opportunities that the show gives her.

I don’t watch tm original anymore, except for the reunions. I’m still watching tm2 because I can’t not. I haven’t watched teen mum or the new teen mom series because I have no desire to get sucked in.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 8
On 5/25/2018 at 8:22 AM, Kazu said:

"It was an absolute honor to join so many beautiful women on Capitol Hill to use our voices, share our experiences, and inform our leaders & representatives of the funding that is desperately needed for PCOS research and awareness. We poured our whole hearts in the place where change happens and I know they heard us! There are no words to describe the impact this week has had on my life, but more importantly the impact it will have on women's health in the future! I am still blown away by receiving the 2018 Ricardo Azziz PCOS Challenge Advocacy Leadership Award. I apologize for the film and audio quality. This was filmed on a cell phone."

youtube video:

Oh for fuck's sake. This girl should not be a spokesperson for anything but Budweiser, FAS, and trap babies.

I like "Drinking for Two" and "St. Maci of Bud Lite".

• Love 17
(edited)

They had a marathon of N&A on Mothers Day, I watched one episode and I was hooked! I'm excited to watch her episode but I can't see Maci lasting too long. I can already hear her monotone ass constantly complaining. Her horrible tats in all their glory, trying to forage for Bud Light lol.

Edited by malaluna
  • Love 7

Maci describes herself as a badass in this clip from Naked and Afraid

From The Ashley:

As The Ashley told you, Maci is appearing on “Naked and Afraid XL: All Stars.” According to Starcasm, Maci will be getting naked and afraid with  Justin Tuell, a 31-year-old ICU nurse from Colorado. The pair spent 14 days in the Nicaraguan jungle without food, water or clothing.

The Blast has obtained a sneak peek of an interview taped for Maci’s episode, which is scheduled to air on Discovery Channel on Sunday, June 24.

“I would describe myself as a badass,” Maci says in the clip. “I’ve been a fan of ‘Naked and Afraid’ for years. Even though I may not be an expert, I’ve been camping multiple times a year my entire life. This challenge, it is something that I am dying to do, and I really, really want it.”

Maci’s husband Taylor McKinney also appears in the video, which was shot at their Tennessee home. Taylor joked that taking care of the couple’s three kids alone may be as hard as surviving in the jungle.

“This is my own survival show,” Taylor says. “It’s called three kids and afraid!”

Maci insists that being a teen mom has helped her prepare to get naked and roam the jungle.

“Being a mom prepares you for a situation like this, because the motherly instinct kicks in and gives me an edge,” Maci says.

She said she refuses to quit, no matter how hard it gets, because she hates watching episodes where contestants quit.

“People quit way too early,” she says. “Like, they don’t even give themselves a chance. The first sign of distress they tap out. They’re done.

“I mean, it’s gonna suck for sure, but I’m not gonna quit!” she insists.

Another sneak peek of Maci’s episode is set to air during Sunday night’s ‘Naked and Afraid XL: All Stars.’

• Love 4