Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

Can't believe this is what true happiness feels like even at my lowest moment.

What the heck does that mean? Was she at her lowest moment when she typed this?

She deleted and disabled comments on this post. I wonder what the “haters” had to say.

• Love 5
On 10/13/2018 at 9:06 AM, Calm81 said:

Both me and my husband have hit a bad couple of years to the point where I have walked in on him quickly wiping up a few tears (this man has NEVER cried, not even when his beloved grandmother and uncle died) and my eyes are usually puffy from crying myself to sleep most nights. 

We moved to a new state far from family and we are getting hit hard financially with medical bills, high property taxes and his company he works for is working him to the bone while my new career is struggling because I don’t have the time to build it with my kids therapy appointments (3 year old is on the spectrum) so we are just “existing” right now but our spark we once had is gone and people no longer find us “fun to be around” because we are constantly worried about the future and how to pay the medical bills that keep coming in. 

HOWEVER, with all of this depression and sadness, we still sing songs and nursery rhymes to the kids EVERY night before bed. I make homemade meals and pack nutritional lunches for school. Attend every school open house. Just took them pumpkin picking. Keep them up to date on all doctor appointments. Never late for school.

I help my son with his homework and make sure he’s reading his “book a day” and reading his sight words because my kids need us!!!! We can’t just take turns hiding in a bed for dayyyyyyyyys in between getting our full face of makeup on for random instagram selfies from bed. We go to work and do our best because that’s all we can do. If we were to give up to the depression our kids childhood will be ruined and they will become stressed and depressed!!! I want my children happy to be alive ? 

I’m sorry, I’m rambling ...this is kinda why I haven’t been posting on this forum as much as I used to. I’ve never been so scared about my future but I have got to stay positive for the littles and keep pushing forward. It makes me SICK to see Cate and Amber toss all of the help they are getting and just cuss out the world from their bedroom and ignore their kids. Don’t they worry that their behavior will make their kids depressed??! 

I understand mental disabilities are tough, but I have no sympathy for people that don’t take the help that’s being offered if it meant being a better parent for their kids because many parents still have to work hard to put food on the table and can’t afford therapy/spa resorts like these girls.

im done. Sorry.

@Calm81, I feel this post so hard. I get it, friend. (Message me if you ever want to talk.)  Every single day, you get up again and fight the battle the best you can.  You (and everyone who fights this battle each & everyday) are a rock star.

Like @Calm81 said, many of us with clinical depression JUST.KEEP.GOING. We do it because we have to. We have bills, kids, pets, careers, and other things/people we are responsible for. And yes, it is EXHAUSTING. To see these girls lay in their beds for months at a time then maybe jet off to a resort for "treatment" (like Cate) yet never learn or put to practice what they've allegedly learned is infuriating.  I had sympathy for them because I also have clinical depression BUT my sympathy stopped a long time ago at this point.  Get a job, take care of your kids/house/responsibilities,  and stop patting yourself on the back for being a "mental health advocate" when you can only be assed to get your depressed behind out of bed if there's a vacation involved. 

Yeah, on some level it's great ya'll are talking about mental health since it's stigmatized.  But now DO something. Show us how you manage to tackle the responsibilities most of us face each day by doing basic adulting using strategies you've learned.  Get out of bed & be a productive member of society.  Until then, you're not "helping" anyone by talking about your mental health issues - you're just perpetuating the notion that people with depression/anxiety/bipolar can't lead productive, responsible lives because they're lazy, impulsive, etc.  Your mental health "advocacy" is doing exactly the opposite of what you think it is. 

On 10/14/2018 at 7:47 AM, Rebecca said:

I’ve never believed she actually has bipolar disorder. She’s clearly borderline, IMO. 

I agree about her clearly being borderline but....why not both? I think they're commonly co-morbid with each other. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 16

Thank you @MyPeopleAreNordic for the kind words. I do need someone to vent to from time to time so thank you for the offer to message you when needed and you can do the same. ?♥️

On topic: I haven’t watched the new episode yet but from what I’ve read apparently Amber asked Gary to accommodate Amber while she’s traveling?? She’s got cates quesadilla sized cahonas for even thinking about asking Gary yet alone really asking. Smh.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I really hope by "young me" she's referring to earlier seasons of TM. Because she only did MBC a year or so ago! 

Either way, little and less has changed with Amber. 

In the words of Sam Cooke (Only Sixteen):

Oh, it never will happen again...
I've aged a year since then.

• Love 9
On 10/16/2018 at 11:17 AM, Calm81 said:

On topic: I haven’t watched the new episode yet but from what I’ve read apparently Amber asked Gary to accommodate Amber while she’s traveling?? She’s got cates quesadilla sized cahonas for even thinking about asking Gary yet alone really asking. Smh.

But Gary and Leah will get a free trip to L.A. and a paycheck for the episode.  They probably discussed before she stated it on camera.  (I'n guessing).

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

But Gary and Leah will get a free trip to L.A. and a paycheck for the episode.  They probably discussed before she stated it on camera.  (I'n guessing).

True.  But why should Gary and his wife and 2 other children have to fly out to LA to accommodate Amber? Amber didn’t need to go there for a month. That’s a lot of work to fly 3+ hours across country with 3 kids, and the 2 hour time change on top of it all.  Even if MTV paid, that’s quite an obligation for the Shirley family. When has Amber EVER accommodated Gary and his family?  I’d say the far side of never. 

• Love 24
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures 

What’s with the names these two come up with......

Andrew looks smelly in every single pic I’ve ever seen of him.  But then again so did old Matt and so does Amber.

Random thought, did we (collectively on this forum) ever figure out if Amber did purchase her house outright?  

• Love 3

@druzy thanks for the leg work!  Just like you I am shocked she had that much cash to buy that house.  I guess in a sense she is a bit more frugal than the others in the fact that until Baby Huey came along she wasn’t taking endless exotic vacations, her clothing isn’t anything fancy either, I don’t see her sporting high end designer labels.  The decor of her house appears to be on the cheap end, even when her and old Matt went and bought out that furniture store.  “Yah we’ll take it all!”  She leases her vehicles, I believe.  So maybe she has been able to stash away a pile of cash?  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, geauxaway said:

@druzy thanks for the leg work!  Just like you I am shocked she had that much cash to buy that house.  I guess in a sense she is a bit more frugal than the others in the fact that until Baby Huey came along she wasn’t taking endless exotic vacations, her clothing isn’t anything fancy either, I don’t see her sporting high end designer labels.  The decor of her house appears to be on the cheap end, even when her and old Matt went and bought out that furniture store.  “Yah we’ll take it all!”  She leases her vehicles, I believe.  So maybe she has been able to stash away a pile of cash?  

@geauxaway- very good points! I still wonder where she is putting all the cash- in the lining of a coat? Under her mattress? Maybe that's why she is so protective of that couch- it's probably in one of the cushions and she's literally sitting on a lot of cash! 

• Love 15

Pulling this over from the episode thread:

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here she goes.....

7A8B5D58-16AB-4F30-A5F7-86E63703995F.jpeg

21D98DBD-6F42-47F8-B3E2-DF1FE3C3F055.jpeg

12310263-F9E1-4FB3-82EA-0EE542527F17.jpeg

I can't stop laughing at: "I the mother." Sounds like the name of a particularly horrendous Lifetime movie based on her life, "Amber Portwood: I, The Mother."

On 10/22/2018 at 8:46 PM, geauxaway said:

Andrew looks smelly in every single pic I’ve ever seen of him.  But then again so did old Matt and so does Amber.

Random thought, did we (collectively on this forum) ever figure out if Amber did purchase her house outright?  

He looks smelly because he is always weating wool sweaters WITH wool coats!  He has to be sweating up a storm.  I feel sweaty looking at that.

He also FOR REAL looks about 55 here.

21 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I think it is her yearly paycheck - don't they get paid in one chunk?  And they don't take out taxes, so she probably got that check and paid for the house.  Now she has no cash to live off of and she is probably living off baby huey.  And she will owe like $125,000 for 2018 taxes.  In addition to what she already owes.

19 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I can't stop laughing at: "I the mother." Sounds like the name of a particularly horrendous Lifetime movie based on her life, "Amber Portwood: I, The Mother."

HA!  I am laughing at that now!

Edited by heatherchandler
I forgot what year we are currently in!
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, druzy said:

Maybe that's why she is so protective of that couch- it's probably in one of the cushions and she's literally sitting on a lot of cash! 

Seriously, though. ?

Druzy, you have me seriously believing the couch theory. ?

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Some of the comments on those tweets were so insane, I had to respond. I only signed up for twitter to read the "Hatter" tweets, but the amount of stupidity shown (calling for Amber to get primary and keep her distance!!) called for a response. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Seriously, though. ?

Druzy, you have me seriously believing the couch theory. ?

Smelly couch money no less.  ?. 

I guess it’s possible she has her cash in an off shore account, but let’s be real here.  That would take effort.  And this is Amber we are talking about.

She’s gonna wish that $315k she put into the house back real quick when the checks stop coming.  She’s not at the level of an all cash buyer, you don’t deplete your entire liquid asset portfolio to buy a house.  Yah she won’t have a mortgage payment, but she is still liable for the property taxes.  I guess she could always sell and recoup, then move into one of Gary’s rent houses.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think it is her yearly paycheck - don't they get paid in one chunk?  And they don't take out taxes, so she probably got that check and paid for the house.  Now she has no cash to live off of and she is probably living off baby huey.  And she will owe like $125,000 for 2017 taxes.  In addition to what she already owes.

I just don't get these girls and the taxes. I know taxes are a PITA and super confusing. Get an accountant? Hubby started his own business in February and it wasn't long before we got an accountant. And we're working class people. I cringe a bit when I write her a check every month (thankfully she taught me to do payroll, or it would be even higher); but it's SO worth it. All that headache gone. Well, sure, paying those huge taxes is a headache in and of itself. But we have the relief of knowing that we have paid what we owe and we're in the clear. The money Amber (or any of these girls) makes, she can afford a fucking accountant! They'll tell you how to do everything. And you can have peace of mind. I simply don't get it. 

• Love 12
On 10/25/2018 at 9:28 AM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

The couch is way too clean to accurately represent how Amber would use this. I expected to see at least a sheet/blanket covering, discarded food bags and dirty diapers strewn around the sitting area.

With Kristina vacuuming around her ...

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In response to someone commenting on Matt 2.0 going with Amber and Leah:

A304EF30-77A5-4955-B6B8-92778FE42933.jpeg

This suggests Leah isn’t comfortable with him. How about she becomes comfortable with her MOTHER?

And maybe she should have made sure Leah was comfortable with him before she shacked up and had a kid with him.

• Love 21

Does anyone else get squicked out by "very important to me that she is comfortable with him as my man"  She is making it sound like Leah is her contemporary or her friend and that they all need to like each other so they can go on double dates.   It also sounds threatening. Like if Leah doesn't get along with her "man", then she doesn't get to hang out with them.   Why is the onus of getting along on Leah?  She's nine FFS.  

• Love 21
40 minutes ago, LBS said:

Does anyone else get squicked out by "very important to me that she is comfortable with him as my man"  She is making it sound like Leah is her contemporary or her friend and that they all need to like each other so they can go on double dates.   It also sounds threatening. Like if Leah doesn't get along with her "man", then she doesn't get to hang out with them.   Why is the onus of getting along on Leah?  She's nine FFS.  

I went to a darker place with that ... as in Leah being afraid of him.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, NannyBails said:

I went to a darker place with that ... as in Leah being afraid of him.

He skeeves me out and I’m a 41 year old adult who has only ever seen photos of him (I don’t watch the show anymore).  So yah, not a stretch.  Let’s also consider the fact that Amber let one of her rando’s back in the day change Leah’s diaper.  It’s not out of the realm that Leah did suffer trauma from that, which makes he uncomfortable around men who are not her dad.  

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, LBS said:

yes - super weird and bizarre wording.  

• Love 10
On 10/24/2018 at 2:56 AM, ginger90 said:

Flowers and dessert and Rolls Royce rental and Airbnb for a month in L.A., all paid for out of Amber's bank account.  Also the yacht rental, parasailing, etc. 

Chivalry is not dead ladies, but in this instance it costs the recipient a shitload of money.  #MattAllOverAgain

• Love 14
7 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

And maybe she should have made sure Leah was comfortable with him before she shacked up and had a kid with him.

Exactly. You don't foist a stranger on your child and expect them to become comfortable after the fact. 

• Love 17
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Amber tweeted a link to this story. The pictures alone are entertaining.

In it she says she had a miscarriage while she was with Matt:

https://t.co/BOlUafbw27?amp=1

Thanks! Which reminds me....Last episode when Amber and her Brother Shawn were talking in the MUSIC room...LOL!  They had a conversation about the early relationship and she mentioned drinking drugs and bullshit. Did anyone get a good timeline on her crap? I'm trying to figure out if she was EVER sober. I feel pretty confident No. 

Anyone?

My friends family has a Music Room in their home. Piano, all kinds of instruments and record players and memorabilia. At my Grams it was called the Living room. Gotta love someone that lets her grown kids set up drums and electric guitars for every holiday. She was a Piano teacher so she encouraged us all to sing and play.    

• Love 11
7 hours ago, LBS said:

Does anyone else get squicked out by "very important to me that she is comfortable with him as my man"  She is making it sound like Leah is her contemporary or her friend

She is also making it sound like she is LaLa from VanderPump Rules! "Myman"...drink!

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Stusan said:

IMG_0815.JPG

You’re not the first to post this image, so this isn’t meant as a direct response to you.

Fellow snarkers, 

Let’s not compare NuMatt with a beloved character in one of the most fantastic series of books that has ever been written.

#HogwartsIsMyHome⚡️

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Bridget said:

You’re not the first to post this image, so this isn’t meant as a direct response to you.

Fellow snarkers, 

Let’s not compare NuMatt with a beloved character in one of the most fantastic series of books that has ever been written.

#HogwartsIsMyHome⚡️

Oops! So sorry to be repetitive. I don't recall having seen the pic before.

And I certainly mean no disrespect for the beloved Hagrid. Perhaps it's the evil Doppelgänger!

Actually, there's the theory that everyone has seven people out in the world who look just like you, so just think - seven more NuMatts! {shudder}

• Love 4