Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

From SA's facebook live on Nov. 29...
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/vb.146921975393078/339055653550253

-- SA: "The crossover this year is something that I'm incredibly proud of... They released 8,000 photos for it. And I'm just gonna release one today because it was a secret until they released a bunch of photos and promo mentions. Now I'm just gonna release it because it's amazing. It's me, Grant and Melissa - somewhere. And I think you'll really enjoy it. But the crossover this year was so much fun to film. Between our three fantastic directors, Kevin, James and Jesse, um, the help of Caroline with the whole Batwoman storyline, the addition of Ruby, um, getting to work with my wife for the first time ever for the two of us professionally, and getting to go to Gotham City and Earth-38, and Central City like always. And a spot-on Earth-38, if they release a promo for that, I'm going to freak out, because it's, you know, so cool. And a lot of opportunities were born out of the crossover. A lot of things that certainly have not been spoiled. As much as you guys have seen from the crossover, I promise you really don't know anything. I promise. It's really, really exciting. And, I think, breeds opportunities for some really good friends of mine that I hope they get the chance to pick up and run with. I'm very proud of it. I hope everyone enjoys it. I'll tweet a bunch during it, I think. Yeah, I probably will. I probably will."

-- On whether Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum are going to be in the crossover, SA: "No, they're not going to be in the crossover, but Nocking Point has a collaboration coming with them. We are launching a new monthly wine club that's just going to be two bottles of wine. It's going to be $49 a month, and it is exclusively going to be curated by celebrities. And we thought, what better way to start off than with Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling. Tom I've gotten to know a little bit over the past couple of months. I met him for the first time back in March. But Michael I've known for a little bit now because we're both hockey fans and I did his podcast, which, if anyone is not listening to Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum, he's - I don't know what he does, but it's a little Howard Stern-sy, where he can get you to admit things that you wouldn't otherwise admit, or he'll ask you questions that you wouldn't otherwise anticipate being asked... Long story short, it is not a Smallville reunion, although I think it becomes pretty clear in the promos for the crossover that there are Smallville elements, at least in terms of location. And if you're a fan of Smallville - and I have no idea if they're going to keep this in the final cut - but there is a treat for you in there that, I swear - full disclosure, I have never seen an episode of Smallville before. Sorry, I wasn't that into comic book TV shows when I was growing up. I've since seen a couple, for very obvious reasons. But, um, as someone who wasn't a diehard fan of Smallville, this moment in the crossover made me jump out of my seat. If you're a fan of Smallville, you may want to put down rubber sheets or something like that, because, frankly ,you might piss your pants."

-- On how much training GG needed to look competent to use the bow and if he trained with SA to copy his moves, SA: "He actually trained with who I trained with. He trained with Patricia Gonsalves, and she took him out for a couple of lessons. And, um, I mean, he never even asked me. He's like - he never asked me a single thing. Because he didn't need to. Because she was there. And because our director for the majority in his combat as Arrow, coming in, I think, the Arrow episode - I'm pretty sure that's the case - would've told him. He looked great. The introduction of Grant as Green Arrow is one of the best combat scenes that I've seen on the show this year that didn't happen in episode 707 (because I'm biased). But Grant did really, really well."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I'm really curious what the reasoning will be (if any is given) for Oliver and Barry still knowing who they really are despite their whole realities (and skills) changing multiple times. I'm interested to see how far up in the BS MG had to go to get this one to work out, LOL.

8 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

It's just a guess. There's been very little said about the Arrow portion of the crossover except that it's set in Gotham. Emily say she's in the crossover and Stephen confirmed so we assume she is just in the Arrow Ep and given that Emily and Ruby seem to become very close during and after the crossover was filmed we assume they had scenes together. 

IIRC, Emily said she hadn't filmed with Ruby in one of her interviews and that was after SA posted the video of her chair on set. She could've been lying to keep her role in Elseworlds a secret, but I wouldn't necessarily assume she filmed with Ruby just because they became friends. 

• Love 1

Here's what I got in terms of EBR comments regarding the crossover (from my spoilers summary)...

-- On crossover hints, EBR: "Felicity is very shocked as a character, and also, [she] and Oliver weren't necessarily in the best spot — they're not in the best part of their relationship in this season, so that played into where they sort of lie when all things go to sh--." (Oct. 26, 2018 TV Guide article, page 6 of Spoilers thread in Arrow forum)
-- On SA and GG switching superhero costumes in the crossover, EBR: "My mouth, like, fell on the floor and then I had to go and surgically get it put back on... Seeing that suit in reverse is jarring, and quite special. I'll be getting a lot of behind-the-scenes footage." (Oct. 29, 2018 ETonline article, page 6 of Spoilers thread in Arrow forum)
-- Per EBR, Felicity will be appearing in the crossover, although she hasn't yet shared scenes with Ruby Rose's Batwoman. (Oct. 24, 2018 Entertainment Tonight video of interview with EBR, page 6 of Spoilers thread and page 288 of Starling City Times thread in Arrow forum, and page 7 of DCTV Crossover 2018 thread in LoT forum)
-- EBR said that Ruby Rose is on set, but she hasn't shared any scenes with her. She also said that "Cassandra Jean" (SA's wife) is on set, "which is very exciting for me." (Oct. 24, 2018 Entertainment Tonight video of interview with EBR, page 6 of Spoilers thread, page 288 of Starling City Times thread in Arrow forum and page 7 of DCTV Crossover 2018 thread in LoT forum)
-- On whether we'll get any Felicity/Batwoman interaction in the crossover, EBR: "One can dream, everyone. One can dream. Um, I have yet to work with Ruby. Um, but we've gotten to hang, so that's great. I'm so excited for her character. So excited for her to be on the show. Um, crossover's coming up. Things get intense. We've seen some switches. We've seen some swaps." (Oct. 24, 2018 PeopleTV tweet & video, page 6 of Spoilers thread and page 289 of Starling City Times thread in Arrow forum, and page 7 of DCTV Crossover 2018 thread in LoT forum)

• Love 1

EBR said "Um, I have yet to work with Ruby." so it's possible that there are scenes they were scheduled to film yet but haven't but given the date of the article (October 24) I'm not expecting anything.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:34 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Also, wouldn't Team Flash also be able to figure it out by asking both Oliver and Barry questions about Barry that only the real Barry would know? 

This sounds like a situation where characters must be completely brain dead in order for the plot to work.

Welcome to another MG crossover.

I get it why MG, SA, MB and GG are excited .... after 4 - 7 years of doing the same thing, they get to try out something completely new. I get that SA is excited because he gets to have his wife act with him (for the first time? ). But there's a difference between what gets the cast and crew excited about an episode and what gets me the viewer excited and my expectations for these episodes are so low, I'm thinking I'll drop out after the Arrow one.

18 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

And yes I did totally have a memory lapse in them just switching places and not actual histories. So his face shouldnt be surprising even though she is still probably giving him a pep talk.

This is what I want to know. Does Oliver, who rarely needs a pep talk other than the occasional moral one, need a pep talk now that he's wearing Barry's costume? Or is Iris so used to propping up Barry that she goes into automatic mode? 

• Love 5

Every DC Character Confirmed For Arrowverse "Elseworlds" Crossover
By RUSS BURLINGAME - November 30, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/30/every-dc-character-confirmed-for-arrowverse-elseworlds-crossover/

(No, we aren't counting people like Batman and Victor Fries, who are at least name-dropped but not confirmed. And there's no Legends listed here, even though there is reportedly a Legends of Tomorrow cameo along the way.)
Oliver Queen and John Diggle are known to be appearing in the crossover, but few other Arrow heroes have been confirmed. 

During a recent visit to the set of Arrow, Juliana Harkavy said that she would not be appearing in the crossover, while Rick Gonzalez simply teased that fans will "have to wait and see," neither confirming nor denying.
Oliver Queen's wife hasn't been seen in any of the crossover photos or trailers yet, so we can assume that her role is either a twist, or fairly small, or both.

That said, ComicBook.com has heard that Felicity will take part in the crossover...her role just has not yet been revealed.

Green Arrow
The Flash
Supergirl
Superman 
Lois Lane
Batwoman
Malcolm Merlyn, Joe Wilson, Ricardo Diaz
Iris West
Felicity Smoak
Cisco Ramon
The Monitor
The Trigger Twins
John Deegan
"Dark" Superman
Nora Fries
Caitlin Snow
James Olsen
John Wesley Shipp's Flash
J'onn J'onzz
Brainiac-5

Edited by tv echo

Dammit. I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in with spoilers from HVFF. Also, no Dinah in the Crossover is a pleasant surprise. It's cute that Rick thinks anyone cares enough to "wait and see" if Rene is in it.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 5

‘Arrow’s Stephen Amell Explains the Difficulties of The Flash Costume at Fan Fest San Jose
Shannon Toohey  December 1, 2018
https://fanfest.com/2018/12/01/arrows-stephen-amell-explains-the-difficulties-of-the-flash-costume-at-fan-fest-san-jose/

Amell’s wife Cassie will be in the crossover he reveals,

Well my wife is playing Nora Fries in the crossover, which is very exciting. It was amazing being on set with my wife and I’m very proud of her. And if you follow me on social media, you know that I let my daughter direct episodes of the show now. She’s not allowed to be a professional actor, ever.

It’s now known that Oliver Queen and Barry Allen will be switching costumes for the crossover, and one fan asked if we will see some Oliver Barry bro-mance happening in midst of that.

No. This will make sense. There are no Barry Oliver hugs in the crossover. Which is not to say that he doesn’t ask. What you guys don’t realize now is that I’m spoiling a scene for you in plain sight. He may have hugged him without Oliver realizing because of super speed.
He also talked a bit about wearing the Flash’s red suit and it doesn’t sound very pleasant.

When I’m on Arrow and when I get new leather pants, we call it new pants day. For 2 days I can’t breathe with these pants on. So when I put the Flash suit on for the first time, it was like that except for my entire body. In between takes, if it looks like I’m uncomfortable, it’s because I am.

Amell says he did eventually break the suit in, but it wasn’t until the last day of the crossover. The same went for Ruby Rose when she first tried on her Batwoman costume.

There is a learning curve when it comes to costumes. Like grant, Melissa, me, but when Ruby got her costume. There’s a difference between it looking really good in the first look photo, and it actually functioning. When I first put mine on, I couldn’t crouch down without ripping the pants. But no, the Batwoman costume looks spectacular.

He also revealed a funny scene that ended up being cut from the crossover,

There was a line that was cut, I think it was because I made fun of the Bat Signal. Grant points to the Bat Signal and he goes, “Huh?” and I go, “So what? It’s a stupid signal.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I hope that other kiss isn’t between Oliver and another character. Crossovers don’t now need to be an excuse to hook Oliver up with a new female character in the multiverse by bringing in other versions of Oliver. 

That being said, I won’t be surprised if Oliver is involved or if it’s with Nora Fries, even though I’ll never believe it would’ve definitely happened if she wasn’t being played by SA’s wife. 

Hey, there’s a crossover board!

I’m actually quite looking forward to this since I tend to really like other universes/timeline stories, but I’m really bummed that Iris is not crossing over.

At least now there’s some good news that Felicity has a bigger part than I expected based on what I was hearing. If her role is yet to be revealed, could it be she has some other secret identity or something? Like someone above mentioned, oracle. That could be fun.

I think these rewrites are not like changing the timeline and the resulting consequences, I think they’re more like how the spear of destiny worked. The person rewriting can change certain things he or she wants and keep the same what he or she wants and it doesn’t have to make sense to history or even the person. I think he literally just swapped the way Barry and Oliver look (but somehow they retained their memory from the real world). All the memories the other characters have are of the old Barry, but he just has Olivers face in them. Almost like photoshop over their memories (like that picture they photoshopped Oliver’s face on 😁) .

Anyway, still bummed about Iris not crossing over. Story wise, It’s just weird that she would disappear after the first ep knowing that something is wrong with Barry (I’m not sure if news above means Felicity is in the Supergirl episode, but if not it’s also weird. I guess it's just weird to me that if you have a story where two guys lives are swapped that their wives are not a big part of that or are not at the very least present when/after they swap back. Especially if they start with the scene with Iris and Oliver-Barry

Who knows, who knows. Still quite looking forward to it. Are we supposed to get another trailer? It feels like the one we got is much shorter than the one from last year and It feels like the promo for this has slowed down a bit the last week, but that might just be because I haven’t been that plugged in.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

Every DC Character Confirmed For Arrowverse "Elseworlds" Crossover
By RUSS BURLINGAME - November 30, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/30/every-dc-character-confirmed-for-arrowverse-elseworlds-crossover/

Green Arrow
The Flash
Supergirl
Superman 
Lois Lane
Batwoman
Malcolm Merlyn, Joe Wilson, Ricardo Diaz
Iris West
Felicity Smoak
Cisco Ramon
The Monitor
The Trigger Twins
John Deegan
"Dark" Superman
Nora Fries
Caitlin Snow
James Olsen
John Wesley Shipp's Flash
J'onn J'onzz
Brainiac-5

Did they confirm if Psycho Pirate is actually in the crossover or was that speculation?

On 11/22/2018 at 12:07 PM, Primal Slayer said:

She does but just like with Flashpoint, they dont follow the storylines to a T, sometimes even barely to the t. 

And sometimes just the "-"!

On 11/28/2018 at 1:35 PM, Angel12d said:

they don't believe a body switch? MG really is the worst. 😂

Sara Lance, Legends of Tomorrow:  "A body switch?  Hmm, it must be Wednesday!!!!  Hey, Charlie, do you know to sort this out?"

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Sara Lance, Legends of Tomorrow:  "A body switch?  Hmm, it must be Wednesday!!!!  Hey, Charlie, do you know to sort this out?"

Discovered:  the real reason the Legends couldn’t be in the crossover this year! 😂

• Love 6

Interview with LaMonica Garrett - 'The Arrow-verse's Monitor: What We Learned From The Elseworlds Crossover Star'

I think that's the fun with like watching it to see what he is going to do. And I think with the Monitor, you can't classify him as good or evil because he's done bad things, but he does it for a purpose in the comic books. He's about that balance. <...>So how do you classify that? But I think what you just asked is what people are going to really dig, and watching it throughout the crossover, those questions will be answered.

It'd be extremely difficult for action in that costume. Thank God The Monitor's cosmic, all powerful. He doesn't have to do a lot, and it's fun playing someone like that where you are just that powerful. My old acting coach said if you're carrying a gun, you don't have to yell and scream, the gun does all that for you. And he is the gun. The Monitor, he's that powerful.

More quotes at the source.

I should have known that Team Flash would have eventually believed them because Cisco is tagging along to Kara's Earth. Though I don't understand why the spoilers made it sound like they were going to Earth-38 because no-one believed them. Meh.

The other odd romantic moment could be about two characters being paired together in the elseworld/AU. A couple you wouldn't expect. Someone who was at the con described it as unexpected but since they have a habit of exaggerating things it's probably Felicity kissing Barry, which would be the most expected thing ever because of the Iris/Oliver kiss.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Did they confirm if Psycho Pirate is actually in the crossover or was that speculation?

Psycho-Pirate's appearance in the crossover was reported by both EW and TVLine:

-- Per EW, the “Elseworlds” crossover will also feature the DC Comics character Roger Hayden, better known as the supervillain Psycho-Pirate. Played by guest star Bob Frazer, the character will appear in the Arrow and Supergirl installments of the crossover as an inmate at Arkham Asylum, which just happens to be where Green Arrow (SA), the Flash (GG), and Supergirl (MB) will cross paths with Jeremy Davies’ Dr. John Deegan. EW: "For the uninitiated, Psycho-Pirate is a character with a confusing comic book history. All you really need to know about the character is that his gold Medusa Mask gives him the power to manipulate people’s emotions, and, more importantly, he always somehow manages to play an important role in DC’s biggest multiverse stories. In fact, he was one of the only characters to remember the multiverse after it was erased by the epic crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths (a.k.a. the story that The Flash has been hinting at with a future newspaper since its pilot)." (Nov. 2, 2018 Entertainment Weekly article, page 8 of DCTV Crossover 2018 thread in LoT forum) 

-- Per TVLine, Bob Frazer will guest-star during the three-night “Elseworlds” event as Arkham Asylum inmate Roger Hayden. TVLine: "In the DC Comics’ Prime Earth universe, Hayden was known as Psycho-Pirate, a member of the Secret Society of Super-Villains who wore a Medusa mask that could manipulate emotions. The mask eventually drove Hayden insane. The Flash‘s S5 premiere made reference to Hayden/Psycho-Pirate, who is quoted in Iris’ article about the speedster’s disappearance in the future... 'Research has focused on Roger Hayden, a.k.a. Psycho Pirate, who claims to remember the night’s events,' the article says. 'He said upon his arrest,"Worlds lived, worlds died. Nothing will ever be the same."'" He will appear in the Arrow and Supergirl episodes of the crossover. (Nov. 2, 2018 TVLine article, page 8 of DCTV Crossover 2018 thread in LoT forum) 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, tv echo said:

There was a line that was cut, I think it was because I made fun of the Bat Signal. Grant points to the Bat Signal and he goes, “Huh?” and I go, “So what? It’s a stupid signal.”

hitmanace2.jpg

Hitman did the best signal ever.

• Love 3

Stephen Amell is very uncomfortable in Flash suit revealed at Heroes Villains Fan Fest in San Jose
Published on Dec 2, 2018, by Celebrity Video's

-- SA: "When I’m on Arrow and when I get pants - the new leather pants, we call it New Pants Day, because it's terrible. Because for two days I can’t breathe with these pants on. So when I put the Flash suit on for the first time, it was like that, except my entire body. So, in between takes - in between takes - if it looks like I’m uncomfortable, it’s because I am. Okay? I'm not getting into the details. We're not going to get into the details. Suffice it to say, when they yelled action, for a brief moment in time, I took the scowl off my face and pretended to be Barry Allen."

10 hours ago, tv echo said:

'He said upon his arrest,"Worlds lived, worlds died. Nothing will ever be the same."'" He will appear in the Arrow and Supergirl episodes of the crossover. (Nov. 2, 2018 TVLine article, page 8 of DCTV Crossover 2018 thread in LoT forum) 

Yeah, I just got fangirl chills. I want them to play this out to the fullest extent that they can, and if they pull it off, this could be freaking mind blowing. If they have the budget, and the licensing, of course. With Psycho Pirate running around, they could do some really cool stuff, especially in dealing with the rise of comic book movies and TV shows taking over the pop culture landscape, and maybe even the struggles between the TV DC verse and the DCEU. Oh the potential!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Yeah, I just got fangirl chills. I want them to play this out to the fullest extent that they can, and if they pull it off, this could be freaking mind blowing. If they have the budget, and the licensing, of course. With Psycho Pirate running around, they could do some really cool stuff, especially in dealing with the rise of comic book movies and TV shows taking over the pop culture landscape, and maybe even the struggles between the TV DC verse and the DCEU. Oh the potential!

tenor.gif

• Love 3

So now we know that Earth 90 had the following complete alt versions heroes (unless OG Flash is just supposed to be an older Barry from E1):

-Superman (oops acutally Firestorm)

-Hawkman/Girl

-The Ray

-Green Arrow (in Smallville suit)

-Captain Cold

-Stargirl

-Huntress (?)

And about two more I cant make out

Edited by Primal Slayer

Firestorm is there.  Didn't see Superman.  There are several I can't tell who they are.   The one after Stargirl looks like Green Arrow but the body looks like a woman.   So will the Arroverse learn there are more that 53 Earths in this crossover or will they just assume the 53 they know about are being re-written?

Was this just shown at the end of with no connection to the rest of the episode?  

12 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Firestorm is there.  Didn't see Superman.  There are several I can't tell who they are.   The one after Stargirl looks like Green Arrow but the body looks like a woman.   So will the Arroverse learn there are more that 53 Earths in this crossover or will they just assume the 53 they know about are being re-written?

Was this just shown at the end of with no connection to the rest of the episode?  

Upon like a 5th inspection, I was getting Firestorm confused with Supes, his little thing on his chest kept registering as the S to my eyes lol.

And yes it had no connection with the rest of the episode.

'Supergirl post-credit scene teases the Monitor's plan in 'Elseworlds' crossover'

“The whole essence of the crossover is that there is a giant threat coming,” Arrow star Stephen Amell told EW when we visited set in October. “What you have is a character called the Monitor, who is basically testing universes to see which universe is going to best be able to withstand the incoming threat.”

The Arrowverse showrunners say that fans can expect to see this post-credit tag at the end of this week’s episodes of Arrow and The Flash, too.

“It’s cool because we’ve never done that before,” says Arrow consulting producer Marc Guggenheim. “We’ve done a tag that has been on all the shows, and we’ve certainly never setup the crossover in the previous episodes before.”

The tag is a solution to a problem the producers encountered in the crossover writers’ room (or as Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz refers to it, the Super Writers’ Room).

“In the writers’ room, we were talking about various cold opens, and we came up with two cold opens that we liked and we couldn’t choose between the two of them,” says Guggenheim, who wrote the teleplay for the Arrow hour (story by Batwoman writer Caroline Dries). “Someone, I forget who, had the idea of, well, let’s not choose; Let’s take one cold open, move that and make that the post-credit tag, like the way The Flash typically does, at the end of all three shows, and then have the other cold open at the beginning of hour one. We get to have our cake and eat it, too, and who doesn’t like that.”

Originally, the scene was only going to air at the end of The Flash, but then they decided to include it on all of them to make things easier for viewers. “It’s also because the audiences are coming to it from our separate shows and we wanted something that [connects them together],” says Supergirl co-showrunner Robert Rovner.

• Love 1

They really need some new promo photos. I'm pretty sure that exact photo of Felicity has been used 3 times already.

And what's up with the robot on the far left? That's new information.

I'm assuming screentime correlates to how big each person's photo is.

Dthm8HKU4AAeL30.jpg

New quotes, plus video comments from Grant Gustin and Todd Helbing (again giving me one thing to look forward to):

https://www.eonline.com/ap/news/992731/the-elseworlds-arrowverse-crossover-is-going-to-be-so-epic

... Gustin confirmed that story, telling us on the red carpet at The Flash's 100th episode celebration that Amell was doing his best to channel the style of The Flash. 

"He was doing more things that he thought I would do," Gustin said when we asked who was better at playing the other person. "He kept coming to be me and being like, do you think you would do this as Barry Allen?" 

"He's not very animated, you know, as Oliver, and I can't help but be animated, so even as Oliver, I'm still like, kind of animated. And he was trying to find ways to to do things like that." 

Benoist also could only talk about how much fun she had filming the three-part event. 

"What I liked the most about this year's crossover—I think more than any other crossover that we've done so far, aside from the musical episode which was my favorite, I had so much fun doing that one, but this one was so fun in particular because it really was the triad, so to speak, the three of us," she said. "And Kara plays a really fun role in this dilemma that Barry and Oliver find themselves in. She's the only one that really recognizes them for who they are in this Freaky Friday situation. And it's really comedic. The whole thing. I think people will really get a kick out of it." 

Two badass ladies are joining the Arrowverse with this crossover, though Lois Lane is a name we've been hearing for a while on Supergirl. According to Benoist, she's "perfect." 

"[Kara has] known her for a while in our story, in our universe," she said. "But playing scenes with her for the first time, the way they've written her is perfect. I think people and fans especially of that mythology will really love it. And Bitsie Tulloch just nailed it." 

Benoist had posted a picture of Kara, Clark Kent, and Lois Lane on the Kent farm, which just so happened to be the same Kent farm from Smallville. 

"All of us were beside ourselves. To pay tribute to that show felt good. When you're there, even though it's in Canada, it feels like pure Americana," she said. "It's kind of weird. There are some really, really lovely, heartwarming scenes on the Kent farm." 

While we don't know much about Oliver and Felicity's status in this crossover, we do know that Barry and Iris get a major spotlight. 

"Iris is the first one to come around and be like something is wrong, so it's really a testament to their relationship," executive producer Todd Helbing teased.

• Love 1

From TVLine:

Arrowverse Stars Preview 'Most Fun' Crossover Yet, Heroes' Wife Swap and Supergirl's Bond With Batwoman

WIFE SWAP | As glimpsed in promos, Oliver wakes up to his new life as The Flash and is greeted by a kiss from Iris West-Allen. And though Barry in turn is married to Felicity, “we don’t explore that as much as the Barry/Iris [dynamic],” Gustin said. Still, viewers will “get the comedy of Barry” — who comes-to while training with Diggle — “reacting to this new world and this new reality.” Ever the supportive wife, Iris is “really the one that believes [Barry] in terms of him saying that’s Oliver Queen,” her portrayer Candice Patton shared. “Barry comes over as the Green Arrow and convinces Iris that he’s really Barry Allen, and they have that connection. She’s kind of the one that brings that back to the team.”

More at the link.

• Love 2

Iris probably has about 3 minutes screentime, but they're really trying to sell it.

Back to Felicity for a minute - maybe she'll be a Bat-universe character? Someone at Arkham? Does Batwoman have any supporting or related characters that would work as a cameo/easter egg?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

It's weird that Felicity was wearing the same sweater in tonight's episode of Arrow. I wonder if that was intentional. Knowing these shows, probably not.

It's actually not the first time the two costume departments have put their leading ladies in the same sweater. This top was also worn by Felicity in a late Season 6 episode. I guess they have the similar sources/inspiration.

Edited by Trini
On 12/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, Primal Slayer said:

So now we know that Earth 90 had the following complete alt versions heroes (unless OG Flash is just supposed to be an older Barry from E1):

-Superman (oops acutally Firestorm)

-Hawkman/Girl

-The Ray

-Green Arrow (in Smallville suit)

-Captain Cold

-Stargirl

-Huntress (?)

And about two more I cant make out

On 12/2/2018 at 10:43 PM, Maverick said:

There are a bunch of articles etc that have their own lists; it seems the consensus is: StarGirl, Huntress, Firestorm, (1990) Capt. Cold, Jesse Quick, The Ray (helmet, no body), Hawkman, Hawkgirl (helmet no body), Citizen (or Captain) Cold, (Smallville) Green Arrow; and someone else shown after Firestorm, but there are differing opinions on who it is.

Edited by Trini
9 hours ago, Trini said:

Iris probably has about 3 minutes screentime, but they're really trying to sell it.

Back to Felicity for a minute - maybe she'll be a Bat-universe character? Someone at Arkham? Does Batwoman have any supporting or related characters that would work as a cameo/easter egg?

Iris is probably in three scenes. They obviously consider her a draw given how much they use her for promo but at the same they straight up refuse to give her screen time. They're baiting Iris fans and it's upsetting. Even the poster is bait-y in a sense. Iris is bigger than Frost, Diggle and Felicity but while the others are crossing over, she's only in the Flash episode.

I like what I'm hearing about WestAllen. I hope they don't crap on them in the other episodes. I really wish Todd Helbing fought for Iris to be included in these things.

On another note, I don't remember if Barry and Oliver in the biker outfits are them undercover or alternate versions. Have they explained it?

• Love 3

After watching 7x08, I'm thinking we are getting an Elseworld's version of Felicity. Probably playing a (pre redemption) Tess Mercer type so that Oliver can be stricken with concern over his wife and comes away with some enlightenment about her.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Trini said:

... Gustin confirmed that story, telling us on the red carpet at The Flash's 100th episode celebration that Amell was doing his best to channel the style of The Flash. 

"He was doing more things that he thought I would do," Gustin said when we asked who was better at playing the other person. "He kept coming to be me and being like, do you think you would do this as Barry Allen?" 

"He's not very animated, you know, as Oliver, and I can't help but be animated, so even as Oliver, I'm still like, kind of animated. And he was trying to find ways to to do things like that." 

I'm confused - If Oliver knows he's really Oliver and Barry knows he's really Barry to the point that they try to convince the Star City team of it, why does it matter what real Barry would do? Oliver knows he's not him and wouldn't need to pretend...did I miss a spoiler? Or is this just Guggenheim nonsense?

• Love 3