Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Just now, brilliantbreakfast said:

No, she's not a prostitute, she's being trafficked.

Yes. If she has been in sex work in the last 10 years, 1. It likely began when she was a minor and/or 2. This may have been an option to feed herself/her family. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that she had all the options to say she wasn’t interested, and even if she did (as an adult chose sex work), there’s a hell of a lot worse things to be doing to support yourself. That doesn’t make her a bad person or someone not worthy of a K-1 visa in my eyes. Theft and fighting are far worse crimes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

When Juliana said she wasn't a prostitute, the look on her face registered deception. 

How come Pole and Kareeeny didn't have this problem? Same country, same age. Clearly Juliana's application had red flags all over it

Her application said "Giving BJs" as her last occupation.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yea umm if they asked her if she was a prostitute for the last 10 years that means she was 13....that's not prostitution that is trafficking 

Or she’s not 23. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

To be fair, when you fill out citizenship paperwork you are asked if you were ever a prostitute. It’s just a question. Should I have been insulted?

It would depend on your answer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

When Juliana said she wasn't a prostitute, the look on her face registered deception. 

How come Pole and Kareeeny didn't have this problem? Same country, same age. Clearly Juliana's application had red flags all over it

Karine probably didn't have a lot of passport stamps, or a 'modeling' career. Pole hardly seemed rich.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I think I am missing something. If she is a model, why doesn't she just produce her portfolio?

Exactly what I said last week. If she’s a working model she would be working with an agency that would apply for her visa, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

Or she’s not 23. 

I think the 10 years is just set lookback period for those kinds of questions. I don’t think they take the petitioner’s actual age into account. If you are 18 or 81, they ask about the past 10 years.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, shockermolar said:

what police report do they need to get? Whose police report? What will it say!?

In some countries, prostitution is legal and you have to register ( don't know about Brazil). Or, a report showing no criminal record.

• Love 1
Just now, shockermolar said:

Why would this woman have a problem with Turks specifically? Cause I doubt she is aware that Turkey is a country or could point it out on a map. 

She is literally an ugly American!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3