Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I did start to wonder because SA had that cheeky grin on his face when he said no to the Olicity baby, like he was lying.

Technically not lying if the Olicity child is not a baby but an adult.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Technically not lying if the Olicity child is not a baby but an adult.

It's also not lying if she only gets pregnant this season and gives birth at the start of S8. Sneaky little tricksters!

Edited by Guest
15 minutes ago, Trisha said:

According to Beth it’s a “fixed timeline” in the future, which blows up my theory that there is time travel or William is trying to fix the present. Also, JH is talking about wearing makeup to age them up for the flashforwards so I guess we’re going to see where most of the current gang ends up 20 years from now? https://www.tvguide.com/amp/news/arrow-season-7-premiere-flash-forward-20-years/

I think itll be the usual. Felicity/Diggle/Dinah/Rene. Curtis/Laurel probably wont appear.

24 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I did start to wonder because SA had that cheeky grin on his face when he said no to the Olicity baby, like he was lying. So I did sometimes go hmm. 

Mmmhmm.

• Love 2

I dig the idea that this new character Maya could be in the flashforwards and be Oliver and Felicity's daughter.  

This is a complete stretch, mind you, but Maya sounds a little like Moira and if she is their daughter, and if Oliver wanted to name their daughter after his mother, he might not have wanted to take Moira's direct name and gave her the closest sounding name.  

Ok, I'm more interested in the flashforward portion now. 

• Love 2

I wonder if this casting announcement was for future William? Given that he's mid-thirties and well off, given he paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to get to Lian Yu:

That Hashtag Show has a breakdown of TV Line's new character leaks for Arrow season 7, and it includes the following character breakdown:

"Next up is another recurring character in the form of “Daniel Porter”, who they are looking for a Caucasian actor in his mid-30s. He is an intelligent and homosexual technological entrepreneur whose creativity has given him a huge success as a businessman. But having gone through tragic losses in his life is something he hides from the people around him, thus struggling with shaping new relationships with others."

• Love 3

I'm torn on if I want her to be a future Olicitot. On one hand, Olicity has a daughter, yay but on the other her being anti-vigilante plus FutureWilliam seeking out Roy on Lian Yu (which, why the hell would Roy be there? Why would anybody ever go there?) makes me worry that Olicity, or at least Oliver, may be dead in 20 years. I want a longer happy ending for them.

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I'm torn on if I want her to be a future Olicitot. On one hand, Olicity has a daughter, yay but on the other her being anti-vigilante plus FutureWilliam seeking out Roy on Lian Yu (which, why the hell would Roy be there? Why would anybody ever go there?) makes me worry that Olicity, or at least Oliver, may be dead in 20 years. I want a longer happy ending for them.

I saw spec on Twitter that maybe Olicity are missing or in trouble and William seeks out Roy's help. I like that idea. But if the flashforwards are going to continue for the rest of the series like Beth says, I can't imagine them killing off Oliver.

• Love 6
Just now, KenyaJ said:

I saw spec on Twitter that maybe Olicity are missing or in trouble and William seeks out Roy's help. I like that idea. But if the flashforwards are going to continue for the rest of the series like Beth says, I can't imagine them killing off Oliver.

I was kind of hoping that they were trying to set up characters in the future and get us invested in them by being O/F’s kids, or future Zoe or other people we might know and keep the future drama mostly between them with an eye towards having them take over if/when the current cast leaves should the show go on for a few more seasons. 

• Love 7

I could see them doing a "Oliver and/or Felicity are missing" in the future storyline. I know they said Maya was anti-vigilante in the casting notice but it could be that she's just recently anti because her parents are missing. I remember Dinah's casting also said she hated vigilantes and that lasted all of one episode.

Has SA ever said "Welcome to the family" to any of the others who were cast in previous seasons like Josh, JH etc

Trying to lock down if it's the Arrow family or if it's SA being sneaky with words. 

Trying to temper my excitement.

Kinda sad that it looks like future Olicity are in trouble but Epic love stories rarely end well so I'm kinda sort of making peace with it. 

What if OTA are missing in the future and it's up to their kids to find out what happened and they ask Roy for help? We care about OTA so we'd wanna see what happens to them and their kids.

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Has SA ever said "Welcome to the family" to any of the others who were cast in previous seasons like Josh, JH etc

He's welcomed plenty of other cast members, but not with those specific words, that I can recall. That's why it struck me immediately when he said it to Kat.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

He's welcomed plenty of other cast members, but not with those specific words, that I can recall. That's why it struck me immediately when he said it to Kat.

Thanks! I know he's always welcoming new peeps I was wondering if he's ever used those words. I don't think he did for Ruby Rose but I can't remember far back (haha didn't care until now that I'm investigating my Olicitot)

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

What if OTA are missing in the future and it's up to their kids to find out what happened and they ask Roy for help? We care about OTA so we'd wanna see what happens to them and their kids.

Maybe they can find Sara Diggle while they’re at it. Just because I’m still upset about that change. 

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

14 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe they can find Sara Diggle while they’re at it. Just because I’m still upset about that change. 

I'd even be fine with JJ as long as they got the guy from LOT to play him. He was good.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

He's said "welcome" or "let's welcome" but never "welcome to the family". (I may have done a twitter advance search of his tweets to check)

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

He's said "welcome" or "let's welcome" but never "welcome to the family". (I may have done a twitter advance search of his tweets to check)

Thanks so much!!!!

Olicitot watch here we go!!!!!!! 7 years in the making!!!!!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

This is Arrow so I've been resigned it's not going to end happily for them but there are a lot of options and twists they can go through before/instead of either bring officially really dead.  Especially if the show lasts a few more seasons with both SA and EBR.

And potential "fixed timelines" can certainly become chageable when they get another idea.

I teresting that Arrow and Flash are both showing grown up versions of kids this season.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Evidence enough for me! I apologise to David for doubting his spoiler abilities. He is still the easiest spoiler man around. 

2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

His phrasing can't be a coincidence:

OMG! Am I the only one looking at this Photo of Katherine McNamara and thinking she HAS to be playing Olicity's Daughter Maya! I see SOME Similarities to EBR

5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Roy would be pushing what 45ish? William would be in his 30s the actor doesnt look young but i dont think he's in his 30s.

arrow-flash-forward.jpg?w=2000&h=

Well I guess they did make a point to age up Roy.

Oh so Beth confirmed that its 20years...so again nvm

I found his Instagram. The actor is 33 in real life:

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Trisha said:

Sure, I was just making up what the rest of the sentence could be. I just am not putting it above Craig to toy with Felicity fans...

For future investigations we should keep in mind that Craig honestly hasn’t purposely toyed with Olicity or Felicity fans really ever in articles, interviews or reviews.   He’s always kept that part professional and I’d say in the last couple years even leans Olicity positive compared to many.  His negative reputation always far exceeded his actions.  He had tifs with fans accusing him of bias a few ago in how the GA Awards Polls he did were phrased - something I’m convinced is mostly unconscious-and maybe a handful of snarky tweets but that’s about it when it comes To Olicity stuff.  So since he might again have good access, we can stop torturing ourselves over him being too sneaky.  

4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Trying to lock down if it's the Arrow family or if it's SA being sneaky with words. 

Trying to temper my excitement.

Kinda sad that it looks like future Olicity are in trouble but Epic love stories rarely end well so I'm kinda sort of making peace with it. 

Happy Endings are all about when the story being told ends, lol.  I’m still feeling optimistic about Olicity’s chances at their version of a HEA.   I’m shooting for no worse than faking deaths and retiring.   Preferably in one of their tropical isle locations.   

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I could see them doing a "Oliver and/or Felicity are missing" in the future storyline. I know they said Maya was anti-vigilante in the casting notice but it could be that she's just recently anti because her parents are missing. I remember Dinah's casting also said she hated vigilantes and that lasted all of one episode.

She could be anti-vigilante because of how it impacted her growing up. I read a Beth interview last night (TV Line or EW) where she mentioned that the flash forward would reveal how the present action impact people in the future. It could be that having grown up with vigilante parents, seeing them hurt, scared, fighting, fear of them dying or even how being around them put Maya in danger makes her hate that life and want to rebel against it/them.

Most of this is pretty standard tropes for Comics, hero journey's, etc.  Parents are kidnapped/killed/missing prompting kids to begin their hero journeys (seek out mentors/helpers). Kids grow up in "the life" only to rebel against it and then something happens to their parents which lead them back to their home/life/powers they rebeled against and realize through their journey to save/avenge people that this was the life they were meant to lead all along.

As for Oliver's fate, my guess is he's recently gone missing/kidnapped/been injured

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

For future investigations we should keep in mind that Craig honestly hasn’t purposely toyed with Olicity or Felicity fans really ever in articles, interviews or reviews.

But he did make the only visible words in his redacted paragraph “after Felicity” which led everyone to believe that the big twist was about her. I’m not sure if it was to toy with people or because he knows how desperate people are for news of her storylines, but that was a conscious choice. 

5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

This is Arrow so I've been resigned it's not going to end happily for them but there are a lot of options and twists they can go through before/instead of either bring officially really dead.  Especially if the show lasts a few more seasons with both SA and EBR.

And potential "fixed timelines" can certainly become chageable when they get another idea.

I teresting that Arrow and Flash are both showing grown up versions of kids this season.

You go sit in the corner next to @Angel12d. And wash your mouth.

WWTGAD? - Huh? - What would the Green Arrow do? -Oh.

Never change, Oliver.

• Love 7

File under "more evidence she could be playing Olicity's future daughter -- or at least a character in the future timeline"?

https://www.etonline.com/shadowhunters-star-katherine-mcnamara-teases-kick-ass-arrow-season-7-arc-exclusive-111672

The Shadowhunters star will make her anticipated debut in the first half of Arrow's seventh season as Maya, a street fighter and thief from Star City, and the 22-year-old actress opened up about her upcoming arc on The CW superhero drama. But the secrecy surrounding her character meant McNamara had to play coy about details on what fans can expect when she does make her way onscreen.

"It's really exciting! There's just about nothing that I can say yet because I'm sworn to so much spoiler secrecy, but Maya is kick-ass," McNamara told ET at the Girl Hero Awards luncheon in Beverly Hills, California, on Sunday. "She's a fighter. She's someone not to be messed with, I'll put it that way."

• Love 2

I've been googling pictures of her and she's definitely passable as Olicity's daughter looks wise:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjeZ2MiB-eclf_-Qj2ZUv

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmnCIAaFZij4S7AdEG8Go

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQtj2z75pUPrUQoiMUhXV

And from watching videos on her Instagram she seems to have the same bubbly infectious personality similar to Emily.

Im growing that attached to this plot line I'm going to be super disappointed if we are off the mark haha. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

You go sit in the corner next to @Angel12d. And wash your mouth.

You're never gonna forgive me, huh? ??

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

For future investigations we should keep in mind that Craig honestly hasn’t purposely toyed with Olicity or Felicity fans really ever in articles, interviews or reviews.   He’s always kept that part professional and I’d say in the last couple years even leans Olicity positive compared to many.  His negative reputation always far exceeded his actions.   

Not quite the impression he gives on his other account for Flash. He runs his mouth off about Felicity and Olicity all the time.

53 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Im growing that attached to this plot line I'm going to be super disappointed if we are off the mark haha. 

The growing list of coincidences if she's not their kid is too hilarious to me either way tbh--

• Flashforwards that make the timing right
  • Casting asked specifically for an 18ish year old white girl
  • David Rapaport/showrunners seem set on casting on similarities (at least where JPK on Flash and BL here are concerned)
  • That said, she looks like she could pass as their kid
  • Changed her hair back to blonde and everything
  • Intro is in the episode Olicity probably reunite
  • Because of the secrecy is likely in the flashfowards
  • Immediately followed SA and EBR and retweeted a welcome to BL
  • SA using possibly trolling language in her welcome

And probably more to come.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Me too. I woke up thinking about it in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep because I was so excited thinking about all the possibilities. I'm hopeful that Will and Roy won't spend much time on Lian Yu, and Will will bring Roy back to Star City where we meet Maya and hopefully see future Oliver and Felicity.

t the same time, I'm really sad about not seeing present-day Will while he's in Cambridge. But I'm also confused, because when they were filming at the school in 703, didn't the spoilers indicate that Will was in a play that was disrupted? 

23 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

But I'm also confused, because when they were filming at the school in 703, didn't the spoilers indicate that Will was in a play that was disrupted? 

Spoilers indicated that they were filming at a school in 704 (JM, EBR, and KC were there that day for sure but likely other people as well), and that there was an explosion/fire in the theater area (the play part was just a joke).

I'm thinking that means there's at least one scene of him just normally at school then too.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The growing list of coincidences if she's not their kid is too hilarious to me either way tbh--

• Flashforwards that make the timing right
  • Casting asked specifically for an 18ish year old white girl
  • David Rapaport/showrunners seem set on casting on similarities (at least where JPK on Flash and BL here are concerned)
  • That said, she looks like she could pass as their kid
  • Changed her hair back to blonde and everything
  • Intro is in the episode Olicity probably reunite
  • Because of the secrecy is likely in the flashfowards
  • Immediately followed SA and EBR and retweeted a welcome to BL
  • SA using possibly trolling language in her welcome

And probably more to come.

I'm too tired to check for the timing, but SA said in one of his FB videos that he couldn't post a video earlier because his face was covered in spoilers, which makes me think he plays older Oliver at some point. Was that around the same time Kat M posted about starting filming? Her following only SA and EBR makes me think they're the only ones she's worked with so far.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

I wasn't too thrilled by that Lian Yu reveal with Future William and Roy. I'm kinda OK with the characters, but on their own? Not that big a fan. But hearing that there could be an actual Olicity baby and it's a daughter with issues? LOL, suddenly I'm a bit more intrigued by the flashforwards.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'm too tired to check for the timing, but SA said in one of his FB videos that he couldn't post a video earlier because his face was covered in spoilers, which makes me think he plays older Oliver at some point. Was that around the same time Kat M posted about starting filming? 

I believe so, I had thought the exact same thing.

• Love 1