Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Damocles Part Two

the+100+header+pic+%255Bwww.imagesplitte

In part two of the fifth season finale, Clarke and her friends must risk everything to fight one last battle for survival, only to glimpse an even darker threat to the last living valley on earth.

Promos

Want to read a post from one year in the future?

Monty should have woken up Shaw to see if this was a good plan B.

Maybe he would have mentioned whatever it was that was killing all the prisoners and caused them to overthrow the original crew and haul ass back to Earth.

• Love 3

I liked the ending.. Even if it was kinda obvious how it was gonna go... Episode was solid.. I guess the biggest thing for me is.. I really hope next season Clarke actually feels the repercussions of her actions.. I mean octavia is getting the cold shoulder from ppl and had to kneel in front of maddie.. Had to extract a half assed I love you from her own brother ( while he also kinda wishes a part of her was dead) and Clarke just gets to keep on keeping on... Even Bellamy seems good with her after she's left him to die.. Sold out wonkru ( dunno how many ppl died bybthat betrayal)  got Raven and shaw tortured... And still gets to see the new suns in the arms of a man she loves... Smh

• Love 3

Its too bad that this show is driven more by plot and conflict and less by character.

Its obvious that they'll just sweep most of the interpersonal issues from this season under the rug and band together to survive on the new planet.  I already have serious doubts that they will even bother to have Madi act as figurehead leader.  Bellamy and Clarke are already coming across as regents ruling in the stead of the Commander who is too young to lead and giving her final say mostly for show.

I think I would have preferred if the did all the big action in P1.  Then used P2 as more character driven stuff to set up the next season.  Launch into space in the penultimate.  Then use that sci fi trope that someone has to periodically wake from cryo to check progress over 125 years.  They should have done that with the core cast in different combinations for vignettes where they worked out their issues in various ways.  That way when they wake up like its the next day it won't be so jarring that they are acting like everything that happened way 125 years ago.  Then when it became obvious that Earth was never coming back, Monty could have decided to stay awake and never bring anyone else out until there was a solution and have a kid, etc.

• Love 3

Eh, I never cared for Monty or Harper, so I'm not too upset they are gone. 

Everyone is always forgiven on this show. Since O's still alive she'll be fine next season too. I know some of you hate Clarke but she's never been power mad like Octavia. That was the issue, just like Diyoza said, she liked it too much. They are all terrible leaders and have no business deciding the fate of the human race, I don't think we need to argue about that point. 

I want to be excited for next season but this show has been nothing but predicable every season. They will probably land on the new planet and fight with the people living on that planet.  So it will season 1 all over again. Maybe they'll be some kind of alien species though. Nothing too out there since this is the CW and you have to be pretty all the time. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Eh, I never cared for Monty or Harper, so I'm not too upset they are gone. 

The proof that I'm not invested enough in Monty to be upset over his death is that after Harper died I was thinking about whether Monty was going to be able to anticipate his death to preemptively dispose of his remains or if he rotted somewhere on the ship.

Did anyone catch how old Monty and Harper's kid is supposed to be?  Something was going on with his hair that made me perplexed if it was an attempt to age the actor or if it was a character on a sci fi show thing.

Edited by ParadoxLost

So, we've gone full-blown space travel now.  Are we getting aliens?!  Because that's how you get aliens!

So, all in all, Octavia basically steps down and lets Madi takeover, and thanks to the chip, they managed to outsmart McCreary and crew.  But as a last "Fuck you!", McCreary launches a missile at the valley, and they all have to bail on the ship.  Against all odds, everyone gets on, although they evilly toyed with having Murphy get left behind, which would have been devastating (to me, at least.)  But in the end, Earth is pretty much done for, so now it's going to be about exploring a new planet.  But there won't be any Star Trek-ing going on here, since Wonkru are totally going to be "Shoot first and maybe shoot again just to be safe" if they ever establish any kind of alien contact. 

Do get two deaths with Monty and Harper, although ironically it wasn't during the battle and, if anything, they've had better deaths then a lot of the characters, since they at least grew old and had a happy life (and even got a son out of it.)  I guess I'm not too surprised since it felt like the show did not know what to do with them this season.

While no one's leadership skills really impressed me here, I do think Diyoza pretty much nailed that Octavia's downfall was that she enjoyed her power, and that's why even if it started with good intentions, she ended up being a tyrant who has isolated most everyone from her.  Granted, it does feel like Clarke is being treated with kid gloves, but despite her acts, it is true that I never came away with the sense she ever enjoyed making these decisions or being in charge.  It doesn't excuse her actions (if anything, she comes off like someone who always seems to think the most dour option is the only option, and doesn't stop to think if there are better ones out there), but I think that's why she avoids the tyrant label.  Still, with this show, everyone's vile actions will probably be excused.  Hell, no one seemed to even acknowledge that Kane had ratted them out and they were all just concerned over him on death's door.

At least Echo got to be all badass, but those final scenes with Clarke and Bellamy really seems to be screaming endgame couple.  You deserve better, Echo!

Have no clue how much more they've got left in the tank, but I'll keep watching as long as Echo and Raven are around being awesome and Murphy's dishing out the snark.  Although, I guess this show's title really should be "The 420" now (or is it 418, since Harper and Monty are dead?  Or, wait, is it 419 since their son is now here?  So many questions!)

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

At least Echo got to be all badass, but those final scenes with Clarke and Bellamy really seems to be screaming endgame couple.  You deserve better, Echo!

The showrunner seems 100% dedicated to no romance in the clarke/bellamy relationship, calling them 'platonic soulmates'.  I think Echo is safe from any smooching on C/Bs part, though I have to wonder just how happy she is going to be now clarke is back full time in bellamys life, she doesn't look like the type to share, even platonically.

That said, showrunners lie, it is a universal truth.

Edited by Nay
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

The proof that I'm not invested enough in Monty to be upset over his death is that after Harper died I was thinking about whether Monty was going to be able to anticipate his death to preemptively dispose of his remains or if he rotted somewhere on the ship.

Did anyone catch how old Monty and Harper's kid is supposed to be?  Something was going on with his hair that made me perplexed if it was an attempt to age the actor or if it was a character on a sci fi show thing.

I was wondering about Monty's corpse as well. That would suck if Jordan had to wake up and push his dad's remains out of the Captain's chair.

So, my rough estimate is that Jordan is 25-26, which conveniently makes him about the same age as the 100 members left. That's pretty weird, though. He lived for over 20 years only socializing with his parents. I hope he at least had some videos available during puberty.

• Love 4

This episode lost me near the beginning.

Clarke: "I'm here to see Col. Diyoza."
Redshirt: "Sorry, only McCreary and the Doc are allowed in."
Clarke: "Well, the Doc sent me. She needs her meds. Hormones for the baby."
Redshirt: "Make it fast."
Redshirt turns her back on Clarke after opening the door, and Clarke knocks her out.

Seriously, who writes this ?

End Book One -- really ?  Does this mean that Book Two is going to drag on for 5 more seasons.  Ugh.

I guess this means new opening credits for Season 6.  Funny thing is that those cities they kept showing in the opening credits for Seasons 2-5 never showed up in the story .... ever.  So why were they ever included in the first place ?  Thankfully it means we won't have to see the burning head of the Statue of Liberty anymore (which was just stupid).

The Eligius team was shooting thousands of bullets at Echo and Bellamy -- and they weren't even nicked, not once.
That seems like a pretty big design defect if a BFG can be defeated by an arrow and trigger a large explosion in the process.

125 years gone by, with no technical failures whatsoever on a ship that was already over a 100 years old.  Really ?  Really ?
At least now they are on a different planet so no stupid worms.

I would have been more impressed if the Damocles bomb impacted ---- and nothing happened.  It was a dud.  Why exactly would a mining ship have been packing a weapon like that ? Let alone why it would have been named Damocles in the first place -- it's not like someone on the Eligius crew did an EVA and painted 'Damocles' on the side.

A food question -- the ark and the algae farm was still up and running, so is that where Monty and Harper got all their food from ?  Because that seems like a big resource to waste (or did the writers just not think of that ?).  Did they stockpile 30 years worth of algae production before leaving for the new world ?  They are just assuming that there will be food sources on this new planet.  Because there should be nearly zero food on the Eligius IV at this point when Clarke and Bellamy were awakened by Jordan, let alone food for 413 (+1 for Jordan) people

Someone needs to refresh me -- what genetic condition did Harper have that eventually killed her ?  I don't recall that at all.  Maybe plotconveniencitis.

Can't wait to see how 'the 413' manage to screw up this new planet -- come on Priamfaya 3.0, it can't happen soon enough.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

End Book One -- really ?  Does this mean that Book Two is going to drag on for 5 more seasons.  Ugh.

Someone needs to refresh me -- what genetic condition did Harper have that eventually killed her ?  I don't recall that at all.  Maybe plotconveniencitis.

Yes, how many books are they planning exactly? Honestly, they could have ended the show there. But hey, I've been rolling with it, plot contrivances and all, for 2 seasons so I'll be there next year too. Like someone else said, it's the CW, so how much do you wanna bet this planet's inhabitants will look just like us and all be super pretty? Who knows, there might even be a new love interest for Clarke!

I have no memory of Harper having a genetic condition, but I have no memory of Harper in general. She was nice and had beautiful hair, and that's pretty much it, right? I didn't care about Monty either, but I'm glad those two had the peaceful life they wanted. Must have been pretty lonely but I suppose it was better than constant war. And why Jordan? Why would Jasper like this name?

As the commander, Mady should have gone in cryo last to supervise the proceedings. And really, that's all I have. I admire you all for having clever and insightful things to say about this show. The stupidity is so numbing that I don't notice anything anymore, except how Octavia manages to have a spotless white shirt in a full blown apocalypse...

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Well, in the video message when they said they put Jordan in a cryogeneic chamber, Monty said it's been 28 years since, I presume, they all went under, so I guess Jordan is about 25 years old, which will make him the same age as the original characters. So....yay Octavia for probably gaining a new love interest? 

I did actually feel for Harper and Monty's deaths. I liked how normal the two were, and as much as I'm glad they got to live happy and fulfilled lives, I'm going to miss them next season. My emotional brain was trying to come up with ways that the show could have had them survive, but ultimately, it did make sense for the two to stay awake for the first 10 years, and then stay awake when they realized Earth wasn't coming back. And it made sense as to why Monty didn't just go to sleep for 75 years once cracking the code. Speaking of, did nobody from the Prisonkru know how to crack it? Not even Shaw? Really?

I do wonder if there may be a reveal of Monty cracking in his last years of life and woke somebody up to talk. It would have been awfully sad if he spent the next few years (30? Less? I forget) without Harper.

I guess they're going to be exploring new planets, then. But seriously, end of book one? That's ambitious to think that they could get to an end of book two, but I guess it could happen.

I agree that they should have had Diyoza give birth, even if they had it be explained that Diyoza was staying awake with Harper/Monty until she gave birth. Though, I guess it wouldn't make sense for her to go to sleep right after. 

1 hour ago, Isazouzi said:

I have no memory of Harper having a genetic condition, but I have no memory of Harper in general. She was nice and had beautiful hair, and that's pretty much it, right? I didn't care about Monty either, but I'm glad those two had the peaceful life they wanted. Must have been pretty lonely but I suppose it was better than constant war. And why Jordan? Why would Jasper like this name?

Yeah, I'm stumped too and think that I probably just don't remember, since they've never focused on Harper as an individual. But it could have also been discussed in the six years that Spacekru were together in space. 

Jasper's last name was Jordan, that's why. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, I'm stumped too and think that I probably just don't remember, since they've never focused on Harper as an individual

I think when Clarke was coming up with the list of ppl to save in the bunker she left harper off.. Because her dad had some genetic disease that they figured she'd get and it would kill her... Pretty much wasting a bunker spot

• Love 5

So they destroyed earth and had to go to another planet?  That’s the biggest cop-out ever.  As well as the cryosleep.  Better they sleep 125 years and earth bounces back, than wind up on a new planet somewhere.  But to destroy one planet, dust off your hands and move onto the next?  Not Cool.

I will miss Monty and Harper.  They were the only ones I consistently liked.  

Will Jordon/Jasper will be some kind of a love interest for Madi next season?  They seem to be the only two people under 20 in that world.  I’m thankful Murphy is still alive; he’s another character I’ve come to like, partly because he doesn’t drink the Clarke is the Best Kool Aid.  And the actor is doing a bang up job.

And why oh WHY are they still calling Octavia’s band The 100, when there were clearly a lot more.  

• Love 3

Jasper annoyed me most of his run so I forgot that Jordan was his last name. 

Jordon looks way older than Madi, he looks to be the same age as the rest of them mid twenties. He can bond with Madi growing up with only your parents to talk too. 

So Diyoza has now been pregnant for 225 years. I'm surprised she didn't have the baby and let her grow up with Jordon. Since they probably don't want to deal with babies on this show. 

• Love 3

i actually really liked it, but im a sucker for the cheese. i almost cried at the last third. even got chills when madi lead them all into battle. i like the idea of a new planet. yes its got its flaws, i mean there couldve been a whole episode about puting everyone in cryo. i like that all of the prisoners just go along with it and no one argued at all. maybe everyone is just super tired and into the idea of a long nap. 

48 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

So they destroyed earth and had to go to another planet?  That’s the biggest cop-out ever.  As well as the cryosleep.  Better they sleep 125 years and earth bounces back, than wind up on a new planet somewhere.  But to destroy one planet, dust off your hands and move onto the next?  Not Cool.

I will miss Monty and Harper.  They were the only ones I consistently liked.  

Will Jordon/Jasper will be some kind of a love interest for Madi next season?  They seem to be the only two people under 20 in that world.  I’m thankful Murphy is still alive; he’s another character I’ve come to like, partly because he doesn’t drink the Clarke is the Best Kool Aid.  And the actor is doing a bang up job.

And why oh WHY are they still calling Octavia’s band The 100, when there were clearly a lot more.  

i was gonna be so upset about Murphy dieing. I think him Echo and Raven are the ones i want to keep around the most. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Jasper's last name was Jordan, that's why. 

Ah, thanks. Well that's lucky. Frankly, I don't remember anybody's last name, since no one is using them (and why would they) so I was surprised to see them written on the screens of the cryopods. I found that a bit weird and unrealistic. Like how many Octavia are there anyway? And what did they type for the grounders? Echo kom Azgeda?

38 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

I’m thankful Murphy is still alive; he’s another character I’ve come to like, partly because he doesn’t drink the Clarke is the Best Kool Aid.  And the actor is doing a bang up job.

Murphy's the best, it needs to be said as often as possible. I can't believe how sexy and interesting I find him now, when I (well all of us, I suppose) hated him with passion in season 1.

I'm OK with them moving to another planet, because how many times could the Earth come back from nuclear apocalypse? But they'll have to be very creative with next season, if they don't want to rinse/repeat the same old story. They'll have their work cut out with what's left of Prisonkru, for sure. It could be a very interesting story to tell, Skykru and the grounders starting a new civilization somewhere else, after all they've been through. But I don't trust the writers. We'll see.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

I think when Clarke was coming up with the list of ppl to save in the bunker she left harper off.. Because her dad had some genetic disease that they figured she'd get and it would kill her... Pretty much wasting a bunker spot

Correct.  Harper wasn't on The List and figured out that Clarke had access to her health files and knew she probably had the same genetic disease which killed her father.  (Heart related, I think??  That may have just been Raven though.)

3 hours ago, Isazouzi said:

Ah, thanks. Well that's lucky. Frankly, I don't remember anybody's last name, since no one is using them (and why would they) so I was surprised to see them written on the screens of the cryopods. I found that a bit weird and unrealistic. Like how many Octavia are there anyway? And what did they type for the grounders? Echo kom Azgeda?

Murphy's the best, it needs to be said as often as possible. I can't believe how sexy and interesting I find him now, when I (well all of us, I suppose) hated him with passion in season 1.

I'm OK with them moving to another planet, because how many times could the Earth come back from nuclear apocalypse? But they'll have to be very creative with next season, if they don't want to rinse/repeat the same old story. They'll have their work cut out with what's left of Prisonkru, for sure. It could be a very interesting story to tell, Skykru and the grounders starting a new civilization somewhere else, after all they've been through. But I don't trust the writers. We'll see.

Kane, Jaha, Miller, Jackson, Cooper and MURPHY (yup, still the best) ;)

So my prediction - Eligius III crew and children and grandchildren has been living in the new planet for years, I don't see any conflict if Eligius IV wants to live there too, perhaps in a different continent if they don't trust them.

Edited by piequinn35
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, I'm stumped too and think that I probably just don't remember, since they've never focused on Harper as an individual

The genetic disease seemed like an odd thing to throw in during this episode, because apparently Harper lived a long time after they took off. I am a little confused about how many years went by between the videos, but in the one where she and Monty asked Bellamy and Clarke to take care of their son (was that the last one she appeared in?) I think Monty had gray hair and seemed to be at least 60. Harper was about the same age as Monty, though in the video scene she wasn't aged to look as old as him. In any case, if Harper lived until 60 it couldn't have been a very serious genetic disease, or at least not one that should have been considered in whether to save people in the bunker. 

Considering they'll be inhabiting an entirely new planet, they're going to have to introduce lots of new characters, which is why they should have either stayed on Earth or killed off more people. Octavia and Clarke should have died this season, which I know is heresy to some, but how many times can these two screw up without suffering consequences for their actions? Diyoza's a superior version of Clarke anyway, and Octavia's entire arc in season four was about her descent into "madness", and then after an additional season of that, she's now getting a redemption arc, which will no doubt feature Bellamy standing on the sidelines making sad eyes every other minute. Octavia, Clarke, Abby, Miller, and Madi should have all gone imo. No more one commander to unite them all crap; have the Grounders actually change and grow within the span of the show instead of relegating them to the background as the "eternal savages." 

Sorry for the negativity. I do really like this show, mostly for its characters, and it's one of the more enjoyable shows on tv as long as you don't think too much because it's so fast-paced, but I just want the quality of seasons 1 and 2 back, when there was a focus on character interactions and interpersonal relationships, good development and actual moral ambiguity that wasn't just torture and genocide, along with themes like class struggles. Now that they're resetting the story, they can explore so much new territory. This show can essentially be whatever they want it to, and with the way that they've regurgitated the "first we survive, then we live' theme so many times, I hope the new season has them make a genuine attempt at rebuilding or integrating, depending on whatever society they find. Given how much trauma these characters have all suffered, it could make for some interesting character arcs and themes. 

Edited by shireenbamfatheon
  • Love 5

I have little doubt that the survivors/descendants of the Eligius III mission are on the planet and that will be one of the story arcs at some point in the future. As the CW's CEO indicated in the TCAs this past week, the reset has probably given the story five more seasons on the new planet.

(And I happen to be a Bellamy Burke fan. He's always been a more cool-headed character and as the character has aged, even more so.. The binary star system -- where have we heard of that one before?

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I want to be excited for next season but this show has been nothing but predicable every season. They will probably land on the new planet and fight with the people living on that planet.  So it will season 1 all over again. Maybe they'll be some kind of alien species though. Nothing too out there since this is the CW and you have to be pretty all the time. 

Or they could be humans that were doing some mining 200 years ago and evolved into 1980's leather jackets with can tabs stiched on the back or matrix long leather coats...

• Love 3

Despite so much predictability (no regular characters would die, the heroes would force the escape to go down to the wire so they could wait for their friends, using the cryochambers to survive), I liked this episode much more than the rest of the season and am at least moderately interested in seeing what they do with the reset next season. But I was still taken out of the show by the lack of realism (and yes, I understand this is a sci-fi based show, but within that framework there should be some logic). So, for example:

How did the transport ship manage to lift off with minimal impact while the Damocles destroyer hit nearby?  

How did Monty and Harper stay awake on the mothership when it showed Bellamy and Clarke as apparently the last ones into the chambers? Were Monty and Harper hiding somewhere, or did they set their timers to wake up after just a day or two?

Did Monty, Harper, and later Jordan just live on algae for all those years (wouldn't a pregnant woman and a growing kid need a balanced diet, including calcium?) 

How this episode actually went in my head

Diyoza: Clarke, kill him. He's going to kill us all

Clarke shoots him in the head

Clarke: Okay, then. Guess that's over. Let's talk about this Valley thing then

Diyoza: I think we need we need to discuss food supply

Monty: About damn time

End Final Book

Things that are not in my head canon

• Any references to Eden or serpents
  • Anything where Kane is framed as a Jesus figure
  • Anything that involves a countdown to the really totally final apocalypse
  • The chosen humans ascending from hell to a new world in the sky
Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 4

I enjoyed it.

Glad the radio calls were finally spoken about, thought the casting of the Marper baby was spot on, happy to say bye bye to earth and the potential of a new planet. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I think I would have preferred if the did all the big action in P1.  Then used P2 as more character driven stuff to set up the next season.  Launch into space in the penultimate.  Then use that sci fi trope that someone has to periodically wake from cryo to check progress over 125 years. 

This reminds me of the Silo trilogy by Hugh Howey.

The ending was decent, surprising even, because its moved into a sci-fi venture now. But even though the show has shifted axis, I anticipate more of the same: war, fighting and blood. All of that is the main reason why I have found this season a total bore, and not at all interested in the new characters or story - its been repetitive.

• Love 3

There's so much that could have happened that would NOT have led to the final destruction of Earth. Clarke could have left Octavia the worms. Octavia could have let Monty use the algae. Diyoza could have written her book in code or possibly filled it with ways McCreary should kill himself. Now, in reality, the one patch of Earth left should have died or expanded over the years. And were all the oceans gone? Because that would have required a shitload more heat to do that.

I'll probably watch next season in the futile hope that I get some Sci-fi with my (post) teen drama.

2 hours ago, ketose said:

Now, in reality, the one patch of Earth left should have died or expanded over the years. And were all the oceans gone? Because that would have required a shitload more heat to do that.

That one patch of Earth left wasn't believable to begin with, so I'm glad we're done with it. I think the oceans all evaporated after the second apocalypse? I'm not even sure the atmosphere would still be breathable after that (I could be totally wrong though).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Isazouzi said:

That one patch of Earth left wasn't believable to begin with, so I'm glad we're done with it. I think the oceans all evaporated after the second apocalypse? I'm not even sure the atmosphere would still be breathable after that (I could be totally wrong though).

Plus, shouldn't everything have been really, really radioactive ?  Especially around Polis, because Priamfaya didn't skip over there.  So that made the whole 'valley that escaped the wrath of Priamfaya' ridiculous.  Because that's not how radiation works.  Plus all that radioactive ash in the air would have turned into radioactive fallout/black rain, which would have fallen on the valley too.

And the oceans appeared to be gone as well -- Allie's island was about 100 miles off the coast of New Jersey, and remember that Clarke walked from the island back to shore.

I'm still trying to figure where the enormous tent came from that Octavia's army met up at after retreating from the gorge.  Who was carrying that from Polis ?

• Love 1

Well.....after the ridiculousness of that whole season, the last thing I expected to be at the end of the episode was a bit teary eyed. For all the unlikelihoods and stupidity, it was probably still the best one of the bunch. I agree that the last livable valley premise was laughable from the start, so I too am happy that they're getting a second chance with a whole new planet. Hopefully this reset truly takes them in a different direction and we get to see some other types of stories rather than the rinse and repeat cycle played over yet again. Or at least some deeper themes beyond just that, because it will probably have to initially include some waring conflict upon their arrival. I'd like to maybe see some kind of historical mystery involving the Eligius ships; how and why they separated, Why the prison ship headed back to earth... I like most of these characters, to varying degrees, but they (the show) really need to expand the range and types of stories they tell if they want to keep holding viewers interests and get another five seasons out of it if that's what they really expect.

• Love 7

I don't know why I always forget that something awful's going to happen at the last minute to wipe out most of the tertiary characters and/or reset the whole story, but I forgot, so I was honestly surprised that they nuked the valley they'd been fighting over all season and had to go to space.

I'm interested to see what happens next season, and I thought this was actually a nice send-off for Harper and Monty, considering the characters had outlived their usefulness. It would actually have made more sense to me if they had just had a conversation where Harper and Monty volunteered to be the people who stayed awake and monitored everything for ten years because they missed being on the ring, but maybe that was cut for time and it was faster to have everyone be surprised that they'd stayed awake?

One thing I genuinely like about this show is that the team of "good guys" is so malleable, and keeps picking up people from different groups each season. We now have mash-up of the original 100, plus Ark survivors, plus grounders from different clans, plus Prison Kru, and that's kind of cool.

I remain worried about Kane. I'm glad he didn't die outright, but I feel like they're leaving his fate open-ended since there was talk about putting him in stasis for an indefinite-sounding period.

I really, really like the actor playing Octavia, and I enjoy watching her performance, and I'm glad she has a job, but I feel like the character's finished and it would have made a lot more sense, and been a lot more poignant if she had died on the planet. First one to the ground, assimilated into the ground culture, became who she was always going to be, went too far into her darkness, was destroyed. I don't know what they can possibly do with her now.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:07 AM, ketose said:

I was wondering about Monty's corpse as well. That would suck if Jordan had to wake up and push his dad's remains out of the Captain's chair.

So, my rough estimate is that Jordan is 25-26, which conveniently makes him about the same age as the 100 members left. That's pretty weird, though. He lived for over 20 years only socializing with his parents. I hope he at least had some videos available during puberty.

I'm confused about how old Jordan is and when exactly he went into stasis. My gut instinct is that he would have stayed out of stasis until his father died, and then put himself in stasis after, but that should make him middle-aged, I think. I couldn't tell if his hair was gray or the lighting was just weird.

On 8/8/2018 at 1:47 AM, Gsallo said:

So Octavia lives on... I thought for sure we'd get a big death. 

Not liking the direction, seems repetitive. Any predictions next season?

The planet is completely uninhabited and wonkru still finds a way to start a war.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:29 AM, Isazouzi said:

I have no memory of Harper having a genetic condition, but I have no memory of Harper in general.

I actually didn't even know who Harper was until the story line where she and Monty got together, and then I realized from other people's comments that she'd been in the show for a long time before that. In this case, I remembered that Clarke had wanted to exclude someone from the bunker list because of a genetic condition, but I had no memory it all that it was Harper until that dialogue. Which -- good choice to include that in the dialogue and remind me.

2 hours ago, SourK said:

I'm confused about how old Jordan is and when exactly he went into stasis. My gut instinct is that he would have stayed out of stasis until his father died, and then put himself in stasis after, but that should make him middle-aged, I think. I couldn't tell if his hair was gray or the lighting was just weird.

5/10/2158 - Jordan is born.

11/3/2184 - Jordan is put into cryo by Monty and Harper. So, 26 years and 5 months when he went in.

• Love 3

Something that's bugged me all season...how many women other than Diyoza came down from the prison ship? If it was mostly men with a disease that was going to wipe them all out shortly, then it seems like the best play for Wonkru would have been to defend the bunker and wait for the enough of the prisoners in the valley to die off. Of course, that doesn't make for drama....

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

it seems like the best play for Wonkru would have been to defend the bunker and wait for the enough of the prisoners in the valley to die off. Of course, that doesn't make for drama....

The hydrofarm was not going to feed them that much longer.  Even Monty said they had a few weeks left, tops.  The ground outside the bunker was dead.  They had no way to feed themselves without the Valley. 

And I'm not sure that Octavia and Wonkru even knew that the miners were sick?

• Love 2

I thought Monty said he could grow plants using the algae as nutrient, then plant them in the barren ground. Then again, if that were possible, he could do it somewhere outside of the Damocles zone and restart the Earth in a couple decades.

• Love 3

After what I thought was a pretty lame season, I'm actually okay with this ending. 

The whole season seemed to be people way overreacting to everything and then doing something stupid, getting backstabbed and backstabbing another person... So i'm glad it's over. 

This episode went by pretty fast and I'm glad we got the time jump stuff already instead of it just ending with them on the space ship. the 125 years thing, not sure how I feel about it, but a whole new planet could be interesting. 

I will actually kind of miss Monty, because I liked that he was smart and trying to find a better way to survive, but I assume his son will have learned all sorts of science stuff by the time he was put in cryo- that was 28 years after the freeze, and Harper was pregnant on what, the year 2 update? So it makes sense for Jordan to be 25-26 to fit in with the rest of our crew. Originally I thought he was going to be a teen to try and pair with madi, which is so unnecessary. A love interest for Octavia would be better (though I'm fine to not go that direction in any way)

Monty said he finally cracked the Eligius 3 files, but wouldn't that have said what happened to that ship? Did they find the planet and then turn around to go home? I assume they landed and will be the people on this planet to have some conflict with... but maybe not? Wouldn't it be ground breaking if they didn't go right to war? Try and build a society, make the prisonkru prove they aren't monsters... 

Next year could be good.... but it could also go so very, very wrong. 

• Love 5

Well, I'm not sure how I feel about this ending. Seems like these are the luckiest people in the world, always finding a way to land on their feet (after a couple of friends/people they vaguely know die or sacrifice themselves).

We do finally have an answer to the pregnancy/fertility question! Harper got pregnant so either she and Monty (and all the other Ark women) had been really careful, the women have implants they can deactivate/remove themselves or they brought a never-ending supply of contraceptives with them when they were sent to Earth, probably in the same shipment that contained Abby's never-ending supply of drugs.

What did Clarke say to McCreary before stomping on his face? All I heard was "daughter" something. Did she simply knock him out in a rather rough, Clarke-manner, and he's also in stasis or did she kick him to death and they got rid of the body off-screen?

I was also a little surprised that they didn't let Diyoza give birth and age up the kid (she and Jordan could have been the next couple), but I can also understand why they might have been wary of letting Diyoza roam the ship while everyone else was in stasis. However, if Monty and Harper had actually volunteered to stay awake and monitor everyone/Earth but we simply weren't shown this, then they could have also agreed to keep Diyoza around while they kept an eye on her. But I guess the whole "oh the ten years turned into 125" is why they couldn't have "foreseen" it.

4 hours ago, roctavia said:

Monty said he finally cracked the Eligius 3 files, but wouldn't that have said what happened to that ship? Did they find the planet and then turn around to go home? I assume they landed and will be the people on this planet to have some conflict with... but maybe not? Wouldn't it be ground breaking if they didn't go right to war? Try and build a society, make the prisonkru prove they aren't monsters... 

I believe he said there were no transmissions after they arrived on the planet. Either because Eligius 3 hadn't sent any or because Apocalypse happened and Earth therefore didn't receive any.

As for the other comments about Raven's boyfriend knowing the password to the files; I don't think he did because the miners were also unaware of the fate of Eligius 3.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Efzee said:

What did Clarke say to McCreary before stomping on his face? All I heard was "daughter" something. Did she simply knock him out in a rather rough, Clarke-manner, and he's also in stasis or did she kick him to death and they got rid of the body off-screen?

She said something like "You're never going to know your daughter." Though I found it hard to believe this would really matter to him. In fact, I found it hard to believe that Clarke's threat to kill his daughter in the earlier standoff would work--why would this threat be effective with a monster who had shown no evidence of decency or compassion, who was willing to destroy the only livable place on Earth so no one could have it (including his unborn child), who was going to kill Diyoza as soon as the child was born? 

Speaking of the earlier standoff, I was confused about what happened there. One minute Clarke seemed to be betraying Raven and the rest of the good guys, and the next minute things had turned around and Clarke was pointing a gun at Diyoza's belly and threatening McReary's child. Raven and Shaw seemed to have gotten some secret signal from Clarke, though I didn't see any signal. How did Raven and Shaw (I can't remember if there were any other good guys there) know what to do and when to do it to help Clarke take control? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Paloma said:

She said something like "You're never going to know your daughter." Though I found it hard to believe this would really matter to him. In fact, I found it hard to believe that Clarke's threat to kill his daughter in the earlier standoff would work--why would this threat be effective with a monster who had shown no evidence of decency or compassion, who was willing to destroy the only livable place on Earth so no one could have it (including his unborn child), who was going to kill Diyoza as soon as the child was born? 

Speaking of the earlier standoff, I was confused about what happened there. One minute Clarke seemed to be betraying Raven and the rest of the good guys, and the next minute things had turned around and Clarke was pointing a gun at Diyoza's belly and threatening McReary's child. Raven and Shaw seemed to have gotten some secret signal from Clarke, though I didn't see any signal. How did Raven and Shaw (I can't remember if there were any other good guys there) know what to do and when to do it to help Clarke take control? 

Thanks. So, Clarke killed him? Hmm. Not sure I buy that. At the very least they should have shown/mentioned dumping his body off the ship.

I don't know why McCreary cared about the unborn child, maybe it was more a case of sticking it to Diyoza? As for him destroying the valley, it seemed like a temper tantrum to me.

Clarke and Raven had some obvious eye contact, I think Clarke indicated Raven should move to McCreary and due to their past experiences Raven knew exactly what that meant. Or something.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Efzee said:

I think Clarke indicated Raven should move to McCreary and due to their past experiences Raven knew exactly what that meant. Or something.

"Or something"--LOL, that about sums up the majority of the plot points in this show.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Efzee said:

I was also a little surprised that they didn't let Diyoza give birth and age up the kid (she and Jordan could have been the next couple), but I can also understand why they might have been wary of letting Diyoza roam the ship while everyone else was in stasis. However, if Monty and Harper had actually volunteered to stay awake and monitor everyone/Earth but we simply weren't shown this, then they could have also agreed to keep Diyoza around while they kept an eye on her. But I guess the whole "oh the ten years turned into 125" is why they couldn't have "foreseen" it.

I believe he said there were no transmissions after they arrived on the planet. Either because Eligius 3 hadn't sent any or because Apocalypse happened and Earth therefore didn't receive any.

As for the other comments about Raven's boyfriend knowing the password to the files; I don't think he did because the miners were also unaware of the fate of Eligius 3.

It's not clear if any of the crew had access to those files. The missile system was locked out mostly to keep someone from launching the missiles at the ground. I couldn't keep track. Is Eligius 3 the ship they're on or another ship that went to Earth 2? Otherwise, they'll be some sort of civilization there and another dumbass fight for resouces.

21 hours ago, ketose said:

It's not clear if any of the crew had access to those files. The missile system was locked out mostly to keep someone from launching the missiles at the ground. I couldn't keep track. Is Eligius 3 the ship they're on or another ship that went to Earth 2? Otherwise, they'll be some sort of civilization there and another dumbass fight for resouces.

Eligius 3 was the mission to the new planet that predated the entire storyline of the series that never returned to Earth, Meaning ita\s descendant have been there for more than all the time jumps in the series since the original nuclear holocaust,if youy\think about it.....250 years or so.

• Love 2