Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Sean & Dottie LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Poor Dottie. It must be awful to be so sick and all on her own. 

I don't think her husband is the most empathetic person in the world.

She's beating herself up for not being able to completely care for herself after an invasive surgery.  Poor thing! Someone should have been helping her!

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Poor Dottie. It must be awful to be so sick and all on her own. 

You'd think Dr. Now would get her a home care person, too. Does he know she's recovering from her surgery alone in a hotel?

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

OMG  OMG  OMG.   I think he's destroying himself intentionally so he's taken away to a facility.  He wants that caretaker to report him to the authorities. 

I think so, too.

Nothing if not able to manipulate the system! So he does have a skill... besides knitting.

• Love 8

Good evening, Pounders. I'm late to the party. My eating havit was a juicy cheeseburger and a glass of Cabernet while out for my weekly w(h)inefest with girlfriends. I got home im time for the last half hour.

All I can say about Sean is, that boy ain't right. A lot of it is his mother's fault for infantalizing him,  but I think he lacks intellectual, social, and basic life skills and I'm not sure he's capable of acquiring them.

And that poor pizza delivery guy.!

Poor Dottie. Her body really is an unfortunate mess. At least she seems to be trying. And at least she wears shoes.

• Love 10

I go through everything on my own.  Hard to even get a ride home from one of my many siblings in the area after surgery... Well, if I offer enough money, then it's dropped at the door lol.

• Love 4
Just now, WhitneyWhit said:

Poor Dottie, she definitely shouldn't be alone right now. I'm sure Chris could have taken some person time from work and stayed with her.

Sometimes, I think these guys marry these 600 pound women because they want women they can treat any old way they want to treat them.

• Love 6

Was Sean wrapped in a sheet because (please) he didn't have air conditioning? Is that even allowed in Houston? 

Dottie's smoking. Jeez. I have no sympathy. My step-father died from lung cancer. Dottie, you've got a baby, you've had surgery, and you're smoking. Behavior like this is why you got to 600 lbs (taking care of Daniel had nothing to do with it).  No canonization for Dottie from me. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Sometimes, I think these guys marry these 600 pound women because they want women they can treat any old way they want to treat them.

I work with some real winners, another guy I work with his father told him to find a big woman who would take care of him. So I do think some men think that they can get away with more with a big woman.

• Love 10
(edited)

I got the most unpopular opinion that smoking it is not like eating rat poison after surgery.  She got the infection mostly from lack of hygiene or caring for wound fgs, not smoking.

Edited by WillowG
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Was Sean wrapped in a sheet because (please) he didn't have air conditioning? Is that even allowed in Houston? 

Dottie's smoking. Jeez. I have no sympathy. My step-father died from lung cancer. Dottie, you've got a baby, you've had surgery, and you're smoking. Behavior like this is why you got to 600 lbs (taking care of Daniel had nothing to do with it).  No canonization for Dottie from me. 

I agree my mother died from lung cancer

• Love 4
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

I work with some real winners, another guy I work with his father told him to find a big woman who would take care of him. So I do think some men think that they can get away with more with a big woman.

Yeah, like they couldn’t possibly have other options! 

• Love 7
Just now, WillowG said:

I got the most unpopular opinion that smoking it is not like eating rat poison after surgery.  She got the infection mostly from lack of caring for wound.

Maybe, but smoking affects your circulation which certainly doesn't help in healing.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, WillowG said:

I got the most unpopular opinion that smoking it is not like eating rat poison after surgery.  She got the infection mostly from lack of caring for wound.

I only had surgery once years ago, but I remember they told me no smoking because it slows down healing.

• Love 3