Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom in the Media: Hot Messes, Hot Off the Presses

• Start Topic

For whatever reason, there seems to be no Teen Mom media topic...until now!

Please discuss all non-episode news here. This includes the recent addition of Bristol Palin to the cast. Also, just a gentle reminder that the no politics rule is still in place. Bristol Palin is fair game for conversation, but her political views, and those of her mother and the rest of her family, are not. If you have any questions, please PM a member of the mod team. 

(edited)

Thanks for the Media topic!

I'm bringing this over from the other thread

The Ashley’s ‘Teen Mom’ sources informed her earlier this week that Bristol was being added to the cast (but The Ashley always waits to get big scoops confirmed by multiple sources before posting).

The 27-year-old daughter of politician Sarah Palin was a teen mom, and is now the mother of three children. Her son Tripp (who was fathered by Bristol’s ex-fiancé Levi Johnston) is nine. She also has daughters, Sailor, 2 and Atlee, 14-months with her soon-to-be ex-husband Dakota Meyer.  

The Ashley can confirm that Bristol has signed on to be the fifth cast member on ‘Teen Mom OG.’ She will join Catelynn Lowell, Maci Bookout, and Amber Portwood, as well as The Challenge star Cheyenne Floyd (whom The Ashley told you earlier this month was joining the ‘OG’ cast).

TMZ is reporting that Mackenzie McKee is also joining the ‘OG’ cast but The Ashley can confirm that’s incorrect.  Cheyenne is still being added to the cast but Mackenzie is not.

“They wanted five girls, like they have for Teen Mom 2 because it’s been working out well in terms of story lines,” The Ashley’s production source tells her.

As for the selection of Bristol, the “OGs” most likely found out today when TMZ broke the story.

“Amber, Catelynn and Maci did not even know,” The Ashley’s production source tells her. “It was kept under wraps because MTV was afraid that Sarah [Palin] would pull out, and MTV knew that the original girls would be upset. In fact, they even used a different name when discussing Bristol being on the show, to keep it a secret!”

“MTV has been shooting with her already,” the source tells The Ashley. “They’ve been out there filming her for the last few weeks under a code name. It’s likely that someone in the Palin camp leaked the news to TMZ.”

Maci, as well as Farrah Abraham, have met Bristol on multiple occasions. The trio appeared as part of a panel on teen motherhood back in 2010.

UPDATE: The Ashley’s sources tell her that, at first, Bristol was cast because Maci was refusing to film.

“She basically told production and crew that she wasn’t going to film if [her son Bentley’s father] Ryan Edwards was filming because she didn’t want his drug struggles to play out on TV anymore,” The Ashley’s crew source said. “She didn’t want Bentley to be able to watch that go down.”

The Ashley is not sure if Ryan is filming, but she can confirm that Maci is, indeed, filming for the next season.

“It worked out because MTV is happy to have five girls on the show now,” the source added.

UPDATE #2: Cory Wharton, the baby daddy of Cheyenne, posted this tweet after news of Bristol joining the cast broke.

“Out with the old, in with the new. You guys are boring they want ratings,” he wrote, seemingly in a message to the original ‘OG’ cast members. “I can’t wait till I can really talk.”

‘Teen Mom OG’ dad Tyler Baltierra retweeted Cory’s tweet, adding, “Dude it’s so true though.”

The Ashley will have more info on this story soon! Stay tuned!

Standing by for Farrah's mishmash word salad response.
Edited by druzy
  • Love 11

I'm fine with this addition. Bristol was a teen mom, who is now in her 20s. Same as the rest of them. None of them have been shown struggling for years, so why not add a girl who never really had to struggle? At least her idiotic family should add some levity to the show. 

I don't agree with Palin politics (I'm an anarchist, so I hardly agree with ANYONE'S politics), but I've always found them to be pretty zany and harmless. It could be a breath of fresh air. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I love how the OG didn't even know until it was a done deal...yeah, you ladies are REALLY calling the shots here.

Also, Maci, you know what would be a super duper way to allow Bentley some privacy? Stop filming. I doubt the powers that be would keep Ryan and Mackenzie on without Maci.

ETA: wasn't there some to-do about how Maci was going to come to watch Bristol on Dancing with the Stars, and Bristol blocked Maci from attending, as she felt another quasi famous teen mom in the audience would steal her thunder?  Maci must be fuming at this turn of events, that, according to The Ashley, on which she indirectly set the wheels in motion.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, druzy said:

Thanks for the Media topic!

I'm bringing this over from the other thread

Standing by for Farrah's mishmash word salad response.

“Who cares! Sorry I’m dealing with a family loss right now,” the MTV personality, 27, exclusively told Us Weekly on Thursday, July 19, one day after her Pomeranian, Blue, died. “I don’t care as there’s no replacement for me, as we all know.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/farrah-abraham-reacts-to-bristol-palin-joining-teen-mom-og/

• Love 4

Oh good, maybe Bristol can tell how important is to make sure the guy you're going to marry is actually divorced before planning the wedding?

Also, her married name is Bristol Meyer.  This cracks me up, because I'm easily amused.

• Love 14

Does she have three kids??? For some reason I thought she had just two - the kid she had forever ago as a teen. And then I thought she got pregnant not that long ago and wasn't telling people who the father was. Man, you can really tell I've been out of the mix for awhile. I better catch up on Bristol before the show comes back. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Does she have three kids??? For some reason I thought she had just two - the kid she had forever ago as a teen. And then I thought she got pregnant not that long ago and wasn't telling people who the father was. Man, you can really tell I've been out of the mix for awhile. I better catch up on Bristol before the show comes back. 

I'm pretty sure she has four, but she only admits to three. Tripp (with Levi Johnston), and two girls with her soon to be ex husband. <<<<<<not a political statement so please don't ban me but>>>>>>> .   TRIG IS TOTALLY HER BABY THOUGH. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Faul McCartney said:

I'm pretty sure she has four, but she only admits to three. Tripp (with Levi Johnston), and two girls with her soon to be ex husband. <<<<<<not a political statement so please don't ban me but>>>>>>> .   TRIG IS TOTALLY HER BABY THOUGH. 

16 minutes ago, Faul McCartney said:

Aren't they under 9 months apart in age?  You are more fertile after giving birth, but that seems extreme that she got pregnant ASAP and conveniently had the second baby under 9 months from the first.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, smhjess said:

Aren't they under 9 months apart in age?  You are more fertile after giving birth, but that seems extreme that she got pregnant ASAP and conveniently had the second baby under 9 months from the first.

They are allegedly like eight months apart but the timing of both birth stories is weird. Google Sarah Palin’s wild ride - no way she flew from Texas to Alaska leaking amniotic fluid while in labor with a premature baby with Down syndrome. I think Trig was supposed to be adopted out, but unexpectedly had Down syndrome and the adoption fell through. Sarah took him as her own bc Bristol and Levi were just kids, etc. Bristol is pissed so she gets pregnant again right away with Tripp. 

I’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time researching this (my work was very slow in 2010 LOL). I realize people think I’m crazy but truly, the information is out there. TRIG TRUTHER FOR LIFE! ?

• Love 14
6 hours ago, mscav said:

Catelynn and Tyler do nothing except ignore their kid and mope around fighting over who's more depressed. 

Quoting because this is one of the more hilarious descriptions I’ve ever read of them. So true. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

SARAH PALIN BRISTOL'S GONNA KILL IT ON 'TEEN MOM' ...And I'm Here to Help!!!

ANYTHING FOR BRISTOL!

Sarah Palin's proud as heck of her daughter, Bristol, joining the cast of "Teen Mom OG" ... and doesn't rule out making an appearance or 2 herself.

We got the former Vice Presidential candidate at LAX Friday and asked about her family getting back into the reality TV biz. She tells us her daughter's going to be perfect for the show, because she has a great message ... and a good forum to tell her story now.

Palin makes it pretty clear she's not the biggest 'Teem Mom' fan, but that doesn't mean she's against being part of the show ... if Bristol needs her. And, unlike Farrah Abraham, she doesn't seem too concerned about any political bias.

The new season with Bristol fires up on MTV this fall ... so Sarah's still got some time to catch up on the storylines.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 2

Hey Guys --- I love a good conspiracy theory more than anyone else (hence my love of the X-Files), but let's table the convo about Trig's parentage in this thread. Any questions? PM please. Thanks!

3 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Seriously, MTV.  Where the hell does it end?

I think it's ending right now for me. 

This new development might be what finally breaks me free from Teen Mom.  I quit Dancing with the Stars permanently starting in Bristol Palin's season, and I can see it happening here.  Really, the only reason I watch at all is to try to pull my weight in the snark here.  Well, actually, I watch Amber just because she amazes me, and not in a good way. 

No guarantees, because I'm human and I'm weak, but I'm not going to go down fighting.

• Love 16

I'm done. I can't support anything with a Palin. This Palin in particular is a racist homophobic shrew.  MTV is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Love 22

Seems like Bristol even told the salary which has always been kept a huge secret.  This is the link I hope it's ok to post it here.  If not please remove it.  My guess is that the others are making a lot more.  Wow..just wow.  https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bristol-palin-apos-reported-apos-165400294.html

From Cosmopolitan

In case you missed the completely WTF news, Briston Pail (otherwise known as SarahPalin's daughter) has joined the cast of MTV's Teen Mom. Which, to be clear, was originally created to showcase the struggles of every-day teen parents across the country.

So, how much is Bristol pocketing for the new gig? A lot. An Us Weekly source reports that Bristol will earn "$250,000 for the first season with an option for a second and third year" and she'll "also receive an additional $50,000 for each option exercised."

TMZ originally reported the news of Bristol's casting, saying she has "signed on as a regular on the show," and will replace Farrah Abraham in the OG series alongside Amber Portwood, Catelynn Baltierra, and Maci Bookout. Shortly after, Bristol confirmed the wild news herself:

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Hey Guys --- I love a good conspiracy theory more than anyone else (hence my love of the X-Files), but let's table the convo about Trig's parentage in this thread. Any questions? PM please. Thanks!

Sorry! My bad ?

It just seems like an odd choice. They have scads of girls from 16 and.... Just isn't as interesting to me as I just don't have the investment of others shown.  And now with Edwards out I think I may be as well. I'm tired of Cate and Tyler. Amber makes me more than stabby. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

It just seems like an odd choice. They have scads of girls from 16 and.... Just isn't as interesting to me as I just don't have the investment of others shown.  And now with Edwards out I think I may be as well. I'm tired of Cate and Tyler. Amber makes me more than stabby. 

This exactly. They shoehorned Brianna into TM2 and I fast forward through her segments or get a snack and she was at least part of the franchise. And if you want to get me the OG Teen Mom of the millennial generation, bring me Jamie Lynn Spears. She is now married to a man named Jamie and her dad is also Jamie... I will watch four 3 minute segments of that. 

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Why stop at Bristol? Let's bring on some of those Duggars! A couple of them were "teen moms" weren't they? Does it not count if you're married first? 

Would you believe that only Joe’s spouse, Giggles, was a teen mom? She’s nineteen and gave birth this year. 

Josh, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joe, Joy and Josiah are married. Seven down, twelve to go. John-David is deeply in lurve, and I expect an engagement baby day now (him and his girl are 28). 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 4
(edited)

If Maci refused to film if they also filmed Ryan, she's an idiot. First, if she really wants privacy for Bentley, get off the show. Second, her storylines are boring AF without Ryan's addiction and Mackenzie's evil villain.  She is so incredibly boring and the Edwards storylines were the only semi-interesting things going on in her storyline and on TMOG in general in a while.  I seriously find Chelsea and Cole to be riveting TV compared to Maci without the Ryan/Mac/drugs storyline.  Maci may have cut off her nose to spite her face with this move because there's basically no reason to watch TMOG now except maybe to see how Amber is handling having an infant. Maybe.

I hope Maci is prepared to get a real job and pay full-time for childcare for two toddlers without that sweet MTV money when this show is canceled because no one watches between her boring-ass-Ryan-less storyline and Bristol being added to the cast. I'm thinking she's also gonna find out that paying for tons of Bud Light and ugly tattoos is hard with a real-person salaries, too.

As for Bristol, I just can't.  I suspect that she'll get a good edit.  Despite the fact that I disagree with her politics and the awful things she's said, I admit she and her family would be reality TV gold IF and ONLY IF they let their white trash flags fly, had drunken brawls on TV, put the baby daddies on the show (and give everyone booze and see what happens a la old Real World episodes), and MTV didn't give them a good edit. But they won't do that. I admit I might watch something like this on my TV: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2802290/palin-family-brawl-photos-guests-open-wounds-raw-knuckles-blood-soaked-pavement-just-moments-family-got-drunken-fight-alaskan-birthday-party.html, but I sure as heck am not going to watch a Palin get a good edit or attempt to show viewers she's not trash, cause she is.  And if there's someone awful on my TV, they better at least be full-on trashy-entertaining. (For real, though, I won't watch.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 14
On 7/21/2018 at 9:48 AM, SuzyLee said:

Give me a fucking break.  This is the ridiculous decision to end all ridiculous decisions.  When it first began, I thought Teen Mom was a great show- almost educational.  It had an organic feel and the moms and kids weren’t wealthy yet, so I didn’t feel like I was watching a bunch of bratty, privileged teenage girls with maddeningly first world problems (well, sometimes).  Also, the kids were infants, then toddlers, and I didn’t feel like I was intruding on their lives and contributing to the embarrassment that they will surely feel in the coming years when they realize how much of their childhoods have been offered for public consumption.  And best of all, the girls were actual teen moms.  They weren’t the grown women that they are now, with enough money to buy and sell my 41-year-old struggling ass several times over.  Teen Mom has strayed so, so far from its original message and this is really the last straw.  I suspect that MTV sees that the show is circling the drain and they’re adding Bristol Palin (for God’s sake) as a last ditch effort to keep it relevant.  Stunt casting at its finest.   I’ve said it before: It’s way past time for this show to end, if only for the kids’ sake.  I don’t want to watch Bentley shaving for the first time or preparing for his junior prom.  I don’t want to watch a 34-year-old, purple-haired Catelynn sitting around with her jackass of a husband, bitching about how Carly refuses to visit them during her first winter break from college (while Nova climbs the walls in the background).  Seriously, MTV.  Where the hell does it end?

Great post...agree 100% with everything you said. This whole franchise needs to end. Adding the awful Bristol Palin is a pathetic ploy to create a buzz so they get more viewers next season. She's going to be making $250,000 for the few weeks of filming that has already started. I hate to say it, but David Eason might have a point...they fired him for his homophobic tweets but hired Bristol Palin who has been on camera making homophobic comments and lecturing President Obama when he came out and supported gay marriage. FYI...from her recent Instagram pics it would appear that she has had considerable work done on her face...she's been preparing for this.

• Love 8

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5981205/Teen-Mom-2s-David-Eason-calls-MTV-hiring-Bristol-Palin-amid-homophobic-racist-remarks.html

It's a sad day in hell when Eason has a valid point. 

I'm out - will not watch any show that tries to normalize the Palin family of stupid in any way.

Good luck to the mods in keeping politics out of the boards. There's a real fine line, if any, between what constitutes politics or just redneck stupidity with this bunch.

• Love 13

I think I found my replacement.  Unexpected starts back in August.  Just as trashtastic with a hell of a lot less money. Very similar to season 1 of teen mom.

• Love 5

This is similar to The Challenge where the past 3 seasons they have been dumpster diving for cast members from shows I don't watch.  But Bristol fits right in with her children from multiple partners and being divorced with toddlers before the age of 28.  You really do know how to show the foils of teen pregnancy, MTV!!!

• Love 4
On 8/1/2018 at 5:09 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

It's now official:

palin.jpg

Is it just me but isn’t it the people (usually women) that CONSISTENTLY hop from bed to bed, relationship to relationship, etc that proclaim from the roof tops that they will be “single forever” and lament “I don’t have time for a relationship”? Am I imagining this?

Lets see how long until we see her new boyfriend on the show. 

• Love 4