Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Auditions 5

• Start Topic

(edited)

Contortionist guy was creepily awesome. "I'm not allowed to lead the warm up stretching anymore."

Joseph O'Brien was cute and not a bad singer, but could the intro/sob story portion have been any more cringingly awkward? I had to mute it.

I kinda loved Mr. Frawnch Accent. I'm a sucker for a bad pun. :-}

Can't stand it when they stick one of the judges into a danger act so we can watch the others freak out. (Though I could listen to that French accent all day. ? )

12 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

Another one busted.

I'm shocked.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3

Everybody has a sob story.  Everyone is experienced.  Why did Heidi ask the young pianist who he was here with, which suddenly became relevant.?  None of the other performers were asked that question.  This show is so predictable, it's not fun anymore.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Lava VaVoom said:

This show is so predictable, it's not fun anymore.

The hubby asked why I still watch it and I said because once in a while you do see someone entertaining.  Bless you, DVR and FF.

• Love 8

Yes. Bless DVR/FF....I think I spent a grand total of maybe 25 minutes flying through this episode.

The first 10 minutes were the best, we got two of the more enjoyable types of AGT contestants. A quote unquote normal person with a day job who happens to have a wild/interesting talent (I'm assuming a lot for this show, I know)...and someone who takes an everyday mundane activity like jump rope (or the yo-yo in years past) and can elevate it to something really compelling to watch for a minute of my time.

Then it went wildly downhill yet again. Uninspiring singer after uninspiring singer, unfunny comedians (the old guy really wasn't good enough to get through if not for the "inappropriate for an 87 year old" material he was using.

• Love 4

Is there somewhere to watch these shows again. Tuesdays are apparently distracted nights or hell nights. Tonight it was a battle for an hour with my wireless provider, round and round conversation about I rebooted the modem 2 times today, I rebooted the computer 2 times today. No, I cannot go and move the boxes and climb over the tables to get to the modem because when i was moving all those boxes trying to rearrange and switch out 2 rooms, I fell out the back door and broke my foot. I am not supposed to put weight on that foot. No, my 300 lb disabled sister cannot climb those boxes either. Yes, I understand that if I do not pay my bill tomorrow as scheduled, my internet will be shut off and I will owe approximately $8 million in reconnecting charges. But I cannot pay the bill without internet service. No, my retirement check has not been deposited into my bank and will not until 2 or 3 AM, and I cannot pay this bill until that other check is deposited in my bank account. No, I cannot get someone to come over and climb and move the boxes to reset the modem and then call you back. Oh, I can get a technician? Monday at the earliest, or maybe Tuesday or Wednesday or Friday. This was how my evening went, so the last thing on my mind was watching a talent show. But I was so angry when I hung up on the tech, I shut my phone off. Went and restacked some boxes, climbed over a table and a mattress, balanced my knee with the broken foot on a corner of the couch where boxes are pile high, unplugged the effing modem, all the wires and counted 1 f**k, 2 f**k, etc., to 20 f**k. Plugged everything back in, hauled my self out of the narrow place where I was standing, climbed the table, walked across the mattress (still in box) restacked the boxes, went to the kitchen and started dinner, by the time I got back to the computer, the internet was working like a dream. I hate that telecommunications monopoly.

But is there somewhere I can watch the full show? 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, friendperidot said:

Is there somewhere to watch these shows again. Tuesdays are apparently distracted nights or hell nights. Tonight it was a battle for an hour with my wireless provider, round and round conversation about I rebooted the modem 2 times today, I rebooted the computer 2 times today. No, I cannot go and move the boxes and climb over the tables to get to the modem because when i was moving all those boxes trying to rearrange and switch out 2 rooms, I fell out the back door and broke my foot. I am not supposed to put weight on that foot. No, my 300 lb disabled sister cannot climb those boxes either. Yes, I understand that if I do not pay my bill tomorrow as scheduled, my internet will be shut off and I will owe approximately $8 million in reconnecting charges. But I cannot pay the bill without internet service. No, my retirement check has not been deposited into my bank and will not until 2 or 3 AM, and I cannot pay this bill until that other check is deposited in my bank account. No, I cannot get someone to come over and climb and move the boxes to reset the modem and then call you back. Oh, I can get a technician? Monday at the earliest, or maybe Tuesday or Wednesday or Friday. This was how my evening went, so the last thing on my mind was watching a talent show. But I was so angry when I hung up on the tech, I shut my phone off. Went and restacked some boxes, climbed over a table and a mattress, balanced my knee with the broken foot on a corner of the couch where boxes are pile high, unplugged the effing modem, all the wires and counted 1 f**k, 2 f**k, etc., to 20 f**k. Plugged everything back in, hauled my self out of the narrow place where I was standing, climbed the table, walked across the mattress (still in box) restacked the boxes, went to the kitchen and started dinner, by the time I got back to the computer, the internet was working like a dream. I hate that telecommunications monopoly.

Hulu? I am pretty sure it's on Hulu too, if you have a subscription. 

How freaking dumb is Mel B?  I am sorry, but there was absolutely no joke from that old guy that could in any way be confusing.  Did she have a brain injury or something? 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Babalooie said:

The hubby asked why I still watch it and I said because once in a while you do see someone entertaining.  Bless you, DVR and FF.

Bingo.  Every word.  This show sucks as a "show".  The manipulation is beyond.  But I hold out hope to be greatly entertained by SOMETHING every episode and, I usually am.

• Love 7

This show was a snore. Did anyone else think this episode really dragged.

You have to admire how fit the jump rope girl is, but come on. It only looked like someone elevated their workout routine. It's five minutes of a variety act. 

I'm going to be the one to ask, because I really don't know. Do you all really believe the last act is trans gender? The voice is usually the one thing they can't really change all that much. He sounds like he's never been a girl. I just don't believe he was ever a girl. But I don't know. 

This show is hard to watch knowing that the "winner" is pretty much chosen from the beginning. The time wasting acts must be put there to make us think that they really audition people. 

I liked French Accent. 

Is Mel B just daft? She doesn't get anything. 

I can't remember much of anything else, even though I just watched it. It was boring. I hated the magician. Put the phone away douchebag. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I'm going to be the one to ask, because I really don't know. Do you all really believe the last act is trans gender? The voice is usually the one thing they can't really change all that much. He sounds like he's never been a girl. I just don't believe he was ever a girl. But I don't know. 

As the mother of a transgender child - female to male - I can attest to the fact that, once they start testosterone, their voices really do change dramatically.  When my son first started to transition, we kept the answering message on his cell phone for reference.  It only took a couple of months before his voice was noticeably deeper, and now you would never know he was not born male.  In fact, if it were not for caller id, I would be hard pressed to tell which of my sons I was talking to on the phone; they sound amazingly alike.  It is not the same going male to female.  While their voices do tend to get a bit higher and softer, it is often the case that they never really sound female without some kind of vocal training in addition to the estrogen.  So, yes, I do believe he is transgender.  Given the general animosity that is still prevalent in our society against transgender individuals, there would be absolutely no reason for him to lie about that.  

Last night seemed to be one of the better rounds for us anyway.  We liked the contortionist; he was kind of creepy but in a good way.  We loved the punster, but then we love a good pun anyway, and most of his were good.  I know that kind of thing is not to everyone's taste, but we genuinely laughed out loud watching him.  The senior comedian was okay.  He got a couple of laughs out of us.  He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible,, and I'm okay with seeing seniors get through on an easier pass.  Although something didn't add up, so maybe I misheard something?  I thought the guy said he was 87, but Howie said they'd auditioned together 40 years ago when the guy was 28, which would make him only 68.  Did I mishear something?

Jump rope girl was good.  Not sure what more she can do, but she was more fun to watch than some other acts they've put through.  We also like the transgender singer.  He had such a lovely voice. We were expecting him to be Heidi's golden buzzer since she's the only one who hasn't used it yet.  Not sure what's with that.  Motorcycle guy was good as well, but I'm hoping he's got more in his tank because that would get boring pretty quickly.  Almost forgot - we really liked the violin guy.  That must be so hard to be losing all feeling so young.  We really enjoyed his performance, though.

2 hours ago, Keekski said:

I really thought Mel B was going to use her Golden Buzzer on jump rope girl. Is Tyra the only one who has used it so far? 

Everyone but Heidi has used the golden buzzer.  Tyra did the dance troupe.  Howie, Simon and Mel used it on singers.

Edited by LadyMustang65
Fix a typo; add a forgotten thought
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Whimsy said:

How freaking dumb is Mel B?  I am sorry, but there was absolutely no joke from that old guy that could in any way be confusing.  Did she have a brain injury or something? 

Maybe Simon's finally getting tired of her for real, and hence an entire montage on the theme of how clueless she is.

As a previous poster said, after the amazingly freakishly awesome contortionist and the fun jump rope girl it was all downhill. (Though I rolled my eyes when the jump roper said she'd been bullied. That's become this show's default sob story.  Since she gave no reason why she would've been bullied by her coach and teammates it seemed gratuitous and out of left field).

My wife, who's a very casual watcher of AGT, asked me if this is still the same season as the one with the trained cats. It does seem like that was eons ago. Probably because so few of the acts have made any impression. Yes,  thank God for my DVR, which enables me to speed through a two hour show in about 35-40 minutes.

We've had fewer acts than ever with real talent and a lot more acts voted through because of a sob story. Or simply because they're either really young or really old.

The singer who ended the show was basically coffee house open mike level, but once he said he was transgender I knew he'd get four yesses and the judges would gush about how great he was. (Shouldn't being accepted for who you are mean that you don't get discriminated against, but you also don't get any special treatment? Just saying.)

The violinist with neuropathy was good, and that is a really sad story, but I don't think he was amazing. He was on the level of a good street busker. (I would bet he does a lot of that).

The other thing that stands out about this season is all the phony audience reaction shots. The yelling woman, who just happened to be miked, was so annoying.  And funny how, while the cute shy guy was singing, there just happened to be clusters in the audience of nothing but young women, all sighing and looking smitten. And then there's all the simultaneous mass audience responses, so obviously coached. Please, stop already with the arms crossed "keep away" signal. So overdone.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 5

Friendperidot, your story could get you through to the next round on this show.

Weather reports interrupted half of this episode here, but the weather guy assured us we could watch the full episode on Saturday night. Like that made up for ruining a Tuesday night. Then the tornado threat was dropped and he was irritated his screen time was cut short after he had settled in for at least an hour.

42 minutes ago, bluepiano said:

Though I rolled my eyes when the jump roper said she'd been bullied.

I rolled more than my eyes at that "I've been bullied" story. Is EVERYONE bullied these days? That has to be this decade's most over-used word. If someone says they don't like your hair, you are being bullied. It's so exhausting.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

Everyone but Heidi has used the golden buzzer.  Tyra did the dance troupe.  Howie, Simon and Mel used it on singers.

Thanks! I am a few episodes behind on the DVR and only watch live once in awhile. Also, I hate they all used them on singers (except for Tyra, and I loved that group!)  WTF. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Keekski said:

Thanks! I am a few episodes behind on the DVR and only watch live once in awhile. Also, I hate they all used them on singers (except for Tyra, and I loved that group!)  WTF. 

No, we knew for sure there was no golden buzzer this episode because the show DID NOT SPOIL IT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE... Seriously, every single golden buzzer was telegraphed at the beginning of each episode it happened :P

The comedian with accordeon was funny. I like puns :P

I could have sworn I saw that black contortionist guy doing the same act in another talent show on TV.  He was a tad creepier then.

Even the doctor's mom knew sob and/or inspiring stories won you a slot at AGT. Too bad the doctor did not have the talent to back up the story :P

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

No, we knew for sure there was no golden buzzer this episode because the show DID NOT SPOIL IT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE... Seriously, every single golden buzzer was telegraphed at the beginning of each episode it happened :P

I figured I missed the spoiler so was expecting the last act to get the GB. It's always the last act. I'd like to see someone like the Exorcist contortionist get the GB instead of another singer. It'd be a nice change.

I wonder why Simon didn't stop the Whitney singer and tell her to leave and come back with another song. One that wasn't an exact cover.

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, Lava VaVoom said:

Everybody has a sob story.  Everyone is experienced.  Why did Heidi ask the young pianist who he was here with, which suddenly became relevant.?  None of the other performers were asked that question.  This show is so predictable, it's not fun anymore.

When they started off the different line of questions and Heidi asked about the kissing, I knew the questions were plants (what is not scripted on this show?). I thought no kiss at 20, is he a Duggar family member. Looked Joseph up and he is a religious singer, in fact his dad was a religious singer too. 

I'm also getting sick of everyone being from a small town. One person last night said 30,000 was small another said 10,000 was small.  I grew up in a town of 12,000. I never thought it was small, had some stores, school, parks, and places to eat. It was 30 minutes to a mall or doctor , but isn't the goal of most families to live in a safe smaller town and to drive to the city when they have the need? 

I missed a good chunk of the show due to election coverage cutting in so I'll watch on Hulu.  For anyone else looking Plex is another source to watch for free and it is legal. Plex is my hulu backup since hulu has not been uploading fox shows quickly. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 2

I normally don't find contortionist s entertaining, but I loved the creepy guy. Something about him just held my attention.

Although I thought the song was a little cheesy, I did like the piano guy. He just had the type of voice I loved. 

Didn't like the jump rope girl. Nothing against her, but it didn't entertain me. Might be a fun workout video. It may also be more entertaining if it was done by a group.

I loved the violin guy. He was truly talented. You could feel real passion for his music too. 

I liked the transgender guy's voice and his story did hit me in all the feels lol. He seemed like such a sweet person. I would love to hear some original music.

Whitney girl got better as she went along. I enjoyed her voice and I am curious what she would sound like singing something other than a 90s pop song. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

Even the doctor's mom knew sob and/or inspiring stories won you a slot at AGT. Too bad the doctor did not have the talent to back up the story :P

I hit mute as soon as mom came out. Just no.

2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I'm also getting sick of everyone being from a small town. One person last night said 30,000 was small another said 10,000 was small.  I grew up in a town of 12,000. I never thought it was small, had some stores, school, parks, and places to eat. It was 30 minutes to a mall or doctor , but isn't the goal of most families to live in a safe smaller town and to drive to the city when they have the need? 

They make it sound like every "small town" is out on the prairie surrounded by nothing but cornfields or something. I live in a "small" town; the original town (boro) is about 11K and the surrounding township is about 35K... but like the many other small towns in my state it sure as heck isn't in the middle of nowhere. I'm an hour and a half drive from both NYC and Philly. (And we've got a fair few cornfields around, too. Though not as many as when I was a kid; a lot of them have sprouted McMansions in the past couple decades.) 

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I laugh at what is considered small as well. Growing up I lived in 7 different truly small towns. The total population of all 7 towns (in 3 different States) doesn't even add up to 10,000. Smallest was 24 people and it was 95 minutes to the nearest town with a stop light and fast food restaurant. School was a 60 minute bus ride. The rest were roughly populations of 1000, 800, 250, 400, 2000, and 4000. My measuring stick is if you have more than one high school, you aren't a small town. Anything else I just consider a rural town/city. Nothing compared to a major city, but it is the place that actual small town people drive to for entertainment, shopping and hospitals. 

I think I just figured out my sob story. "I grew up in a small town in the mountains. I had to ride my bike 5 miles to a friend's house to play Nintendo. The bus driver actually parked in our driveway because we were the first/last stop of a 60 minute bus ride to school. Seeing a traffic light was a major event. So I learned how to juggle just 3 balls."

**!!GOLDEN BUZZER!!**

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

I laugh at what is considered small as well. 

Same here.  I live in a town of 10,000 people.  Only one high school, but we're the town people who live in small towns drive to for excitement.  We've got a Wal-mart and everything!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, bluepiano said:

The violinist with neuropathy was good, and that is a really sad story, but I don't think he was amazing.

I really thought that he was going to be Heidi's Golden Buzzer, thus completing them.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, friendperidot said:

Oh My!  Sorry to hear about all your modern life problems!  Hope your foot heals....and yea, isn't Modern Technology so great!? 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I rolled more than my eyes at that "I've been bullied" story. Is EVERYONE bullied these days? That has to be this decade's most over-used word. If someone says they don't like your hair, you are being bullied. It's so exhausting.

If I look back at my junior high school years (a long time ago) there's no doubt I was bullied by today's standards. But I suspect almost everyone can say the same. You get past it and move on.  (Unless it's one of those rare, true cases where a kid is bullied so horribly they commit suicide. That's truly deplorable, but we're clearly not talking about that here.)

What struck me about jump rope girl is here's this pretty, talented girl in phenomenal physical shape, someone a lot of people might envy, and she needs to make a grab for sympathy. I guess she's seen this show enough to know that the sob stories work.

The "I'm from a small town" thing is just another form of a manipulation that's probably encouraged by the producers. Because if you're from a small town and can actually sing or play a musical instrument it makes you that much more of a special unicorn, and makes the fact of you're being "discovered" on AGT that much more of a feel-good Cinderella story. (As opposed to people from NY or LA or Chicago who presumably have a fabulous career in show biz just handed to them.)

Did the doctor and his mother made anyone else think of "Ira and his mother," the puppet act from a few seasons ago? Except Ira and his mother were (intentionally) funny. This was just weird and awkward and uncomfortable. It did cross my mind that the whole thing was on a put-on, sort of a performance art piece on the theme of overbearing, overly emotionally invested mothers. But sadly, I guess it was for real.

46 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

I really thought that he was going to be Heidi's Golden Buzzer, thus completing them.

Nope. Just a hug. I'm sure he'd have preferred the Golden Buzzer.

• Love 3

sorry for the vent last night, I was quite frustrated. And thanks for the answers about when I might be able to watch the show again. I'll look at the antenna tv schedules and I might look at Plex, I'd never heard of them before. I get my cable channels through streaming, a little know service called Philo, they're pretty small, I get 40 channels for $16/month, missing a lot of the big channels, but I get a lot that are important to me. Now if I could find another way to get internet other than a major US monopoly.

• Love 2

I still haven't seen an act that I would consider worthy of the million dollar (spread over a billion years and paid in pennies) prize.

The contortionist was entertaining.

I'm tired of all the manipulation and sob stories.  I also don't care how good the voice is, I'm tired of singers on this show.  I really used to love this show, but this year has been very blah.

#TeamScorpions

• Love 4
19 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I'm also getting sick of everyone being from a small town. One person last night said 30,000 was small another said 10,000 was small.

I live outside a town of 1,600. It has a couple restaurants, library, two banks, grocery, middle and high schools, Casey's General Store and a Dollar General plus a laundromat. When I do major shopping, I drive 30 minutes to a town of 25,000 which has all the fast-food places, multiple groceries, super Walmart, multi-plex movie theater, hospital and so on. The "small town" business on this show galls me too.

19 hours ago, silverspoons said:

When they started off the different line of questions and Heidi asked about the kissing, I knew the questions were plants (what is not scripted on this show?).

I hate that prying into personal lives on this show. I'd be inclined to say, "So, Heidi, who's in your love life now that you've dumped Seal?" And "Mel, so what's up with your abusive husband? Got any advice for women married to scumbags?" They have some nerve to ask total strangers about who they are "kissing."

15 hours ago, friendperidot said:

sorry for the vent last night, I was quite frustrated.

No problem. I understand your frustration. I hope things are a bit better now. And that your market is rerunning this week's episode this Saturday evening. Good luck with that Internet provider business. It's maddening, even when one has a fraction of the difficulties you've been having.

• Love 3

Honestly, I have more fun coming to this forum to see what everybody has dug up about these "undiscovered talents" and tallying of the fakey mcfakeyness than I do actually watching the show. Every once in a while an interesting or different act will come on that's worth watching but yikes. The mediocrity is astounding.

Bless whoever edits the show's Wikipedia page for this season, they're keeping a running tally of acts who have been on other talent shows, for anyone interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Got_Talent_(season_13)

I had this episode going on my laptop while I played video games so I kind of missed a lot (or did I?). Jump Rope Girl was cool I guess but there was an entire group of jumpropers a few years ago that made it to the live rounds so, like, one isn't that impressive. I realize it's not fair to judge her against an unrelated act from another season but let's not all pretend that this show hasn't seen jumpropers will cool tricks before. Also yeah, that random appeal for sympathy for being bullied did not endear me to her one bit.

Lmao @ Simon: "I decided to do more variety shows so that I could see acts besides singers." Then why are there so many forgettable singers on this show every year, dude? Why are most of the Golden Buzzers singers? Why are singers given more leniency? Why do singers get pushed harder than other acts? Stfu you disingenuous early 2000s relic.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:04 AM, Commando Cody said:

On 6/27/2018 at 10:33 AM, LadyMustang65 said:

As the mother of a transgender child - female to male - I can attest to the fact that, once they start testosterone, their voices really do change dramatically.  When my son first started to transition, we kept the answering message on his cell phone for reference.  It only took a couple of months before his voice was noticeably deeper, and now you would never know he was not born male.  In fact, if it were not for caller id, I would be hard pressed to tell which of my sons I was talking to on the phone; they sound amazingly alike.  It is not the same going male to female.  While their voices do tend to get a bit higher and softer, it is often the case that they never really sound female without some kind of vocal training in addition to the estrogen.  So, yes, I do believe he is transgender.  Given the general animosity that is still prevalent in our society against transgender individuals, there would be absolutely no reason for him to lie about that.  

I also remember learning in high school biology that FTM transgender individuals have an easier time changing their voice as vocal chords can thicken and make your voice deeper (which I assume is a side effect of the testosterone) but for MTF, depending on when they transition their vocal chords may have already thickened as a result of puberty and that can't be reversed, so they have to "learn" how to speak with a more stereotypically feminine voice.

• Love 3
(edited)

I still don't see anything that looks like it is miles ahead of everyone else. Usually by now its obvious who the top contenders or so will be or the favorites at least. As I said in the last post I guess Courtney is the favorite until we see otherwise. Just not seeing the dance troupe, guy with all the kids, or the bullying girl as strong enough acts to win. We still have Heidi's golden buzzer and the celebrities 4 golden buzzers so we will see what happens. Every winner has been a golden buzzer since its inception except for season 9 and in season 9 it was used as a tiebreaker/saver and not a coronation thing. Paul Zerdin was a golden buzzer selected by the celebrities in the judge cuts so its possible we have not seen our winner contender yet.

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

No new show on July 3rd btw. Its a repeat of the premiere. 

Interesting, because I checked the listings a week or so ago, and they had a "Best of Auditions" listed. But I just checked, and you're correct, they have Auditions 1 listed. I wonder why they changed, or if I just remembered incorrectly. 

(edited)

It might have been a setup, but the best moment of the entire episode for me was when that lady in the audience stood up and yelled "Oh SHUT UP!" at Mel B. and her confusion at the old comedian guy. I laughed and laughed cause she said what I was thinking. Minus the "You See You Next Tuesday" on the end of it.

Other than that, a whole lot of meh with a few highlights:

The Creepy Contortionist

The Punny Accordionist (Can't help it, I love bad puns too)

The HOT Howie Torturing Motorcyclists (really, just for the hotness and accent though, could care less about his motorcycle tricks)

I did think the Whitney clone was amazing, and personally don't care if she's an amateur or not or whatever, I enjoyed listening to her.

Edited by Kelloggirl
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

I still don't see anything that looks like it is miles ahead of everyone else.

For me it's the circus cats.

Interesting Wikipedia link, helenamonster.  Thanks.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
(edited)

Any thoughts on how the illusionist popped up between Heidi and Tyra on that platform surrounded by frisbee'd chosen random people? That was a good trick.

Edited by Lady Iris
(edited)

Mel B is not the brightest light in the container, but I am convinced she sometimes uses "confusion" as an excuse to not seem "mean" towards acts she simply does not like.  I'd bet anything she did that at least twice in this ep.  I'd also bet money that TPTB encouraged her to overplay her "ignorance" so as to create the package we saw.

I loved the final magic act, but like many, I am constantly put off with the use of established professionals.

This season, by the way, has completely blown up any pretense of "America" having talent.  It's a veritable invasion of foreign talent. 

I wish the old Simon were still around.  This one is consumed with "niceness."  Even with the total fool auditions, he is never, ever, nasty.  He is rarely even rude - except to fellow jidges.  Oh well, the ratings tell me he is correct and I am wrong.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1