Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I agree, but that's why I wonder whether the other HGs would have thought the same with Johnny Mac vs. Liz.

Similarly, everyone hated GinaMarie, so would Judd have beaten her in the finals?

Season 19 was (thankfully?) one of the only two seasons I didn't watch any of, so I'm not sure I'd that GinaMarie business. 

But, yes, I do think the jury would vote for a Battle Back returnee because, as we've seen, they're more likely to vote personally. And, as much as we criticize a bitter jury, the audience falls for it, too - I remember a, if not large, very vocal, segment of fans arguing Victor would be a great winner. I'm pretty sure we debated it in these very forums. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
Just now, mooses said:

Season 19 was (thankfully?) one of the only two seasons I didn't watch any of, so I'm not sure I'd that GinaMarie business. 

But, yes, I do think the jury would vote for a Battle Back returnee because, as we've seen, they're more likely to vote personally. And, as much as we criticize a bitter jury, the audience falls for it, too - I remember a, if not large, very vocal, segment of fans arguing Victor would be a great winner. 

Well, when the likely winner was that despicable piece of shit, Paul, then you'd be surprised at what suddenly seems like a good alternate option. :)

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Well, when the likely winner was that despicable piece of shit, Paul, then you'd be surprised at what suddenly seems like a good alternate option. :)

Ha! I'm with you there. And he even had to curse another season with tough choices - that Josh/Paul F2 was something I'd wish on no Big Brother fan. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

Was I the only one hoping that when Scotty was messing with the baby powder the other night he was actually fashioning a powder bomb that he'd throw down on his way out the door?

I was very disappointed in the lack of promised (and imagined) Scottie antics during his eviction. So much for shutting the door, eh?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I was very disappointed in the lack of promised (and imagined) Scottie antics during his eviction. So much for shutting the door, eh?

Honestly, I think he realized that it wouldn't work. It's not really the type of door that you can quickly slam behind you, ya know?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Obviously, the show has a history of giving certain players particularly good edits. Evil Dick probably got the most fucked up good edit in BB history. Other people like Jeff and Jordan got very good edits to make people like them better. 

However, I've rarely seen stuff like Haleigh's current edit on the show. They've literally just created a narrative despite having on film the stuff that goes directly against said narrative. It'd be like editing Brett to make it look like he has a big crush on Sam or editing Tyler so that he and JC are in love. It's just completely false nonsense and -- and this is the part that really gets me -- it isn't even some sort of "chosen one" like Dick and Jeff and Jordan. Haleigh is a fairly marginal player,so it's weird seeing her get such a sweetheart edit. 

I totally agree with her- I'm so over her edit. It's a bunch of bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Let's say Johnny Mac goes to Final 2 in BB17 against Liz. Who wins it? 

Johnny Mac. 

• Love 2

So, the fun chatter is winding down a bit and the collective talk flirts with getting philosophical when Haleigh chimes in with “you know what they say, the only thing constant is change.”

There was an immediate pause that lasted a millisecond too long and the age difference between 21 and the rest of them seemed ginormous. 

Haleigh, deciding to double down, blurts out that she likes Paul and she thinks she would’ve followed him if she’d been there last season. 

Why she puts up with the giant dooFes’ caveman-like behaviours suddenly makes sense. So. Much. Sense. Even the dooFes chimed in with the others to give her grief, failing to see Haleigh’s fondness for bossy show offs who can’t read people or a room, works to his benefit. 

• Love 2

I adore how Haleigh is actually, like, PUSHING Angela to nominate her (just with Sam, of course, and not Fessy).

I can't believe Fessy is STILL going to be blindsided tomorrow. We're almost at jury battleback and FOUTTE is STILL getting blindsided!! Still!!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, green said:

If it is one of Fessy or Hay I'd want Rockstar to win. But if would have to come down to naming a color starting with the letter "p" because that is the only way I imagine she might get an answer right.

She would say, “pink,” but the answer would be purple, so she’d still blow it.  

• Love 5

Not sure,  but it sounds like they gave up on the  craptastic comp set (more duct tape, stat!) and just awarded Angela HOH because she was ahead at that point. Is it true? If true what do they have of the comp to show Sunday night? Heh,  I wonder if this one lasted as long as the slip and slide.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, zenithwit said:

OTT stands for Over The Top.  Is was essentially a lives feeds only version of BB where America was heavily involved and voted for the winner.  Jason Roy from BB17 was on it.  I think most people who watched it were hesitant at first but ended up loving it in the end.  I think there are a few edited episodes on CBS All Access.

Speaking of "America", have we heard this bunch talk about "America" often?  I can't recall many incidents which is refreshing.

You can watch the entire edited version on All Access. You just don’t get the Live diary sessions. I actually got All Accesss to watch OTT live and then ended up never watching.  Last summer I decided to finally watch and everyone is right.  It was a great cast and people played the game. It was so refreshing to watch people who weren’t shooting for Jury.  I think I needed it as a cleanser after Paul.  

This cast is sort of like them too. Very refreshing.  No worrying about “how the house votes”. No shunning. No Paul.  Maybe this is because this season there are definite sides. Even though one side doesn’t realize it.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Yet they pushed the Veto ceremony to the Thursday episode. The mind, it boggles.

I really think they tried to create suspense with the whole "will he or won't he nominate haleigh?"  because I have to say having Sam and Scottie gang up on Fessy about that batshit crazy idea was a pretty good way to end the episode. 

9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Don't forget, we're taking the word of Vegas that we were supposed to get this comp on the feeds. I don't remember Julie mentioning it on the show and insofar as I know, there was no banner or message about seeing the comp play out on the feeds (please correct me if I'm wrong). And then Vegas deflected the lack of feeds blame and put it on some unknown faceless person so that we don't blame Big Brother. 

I dunno, I'm feeling a little played here. *readjusts my tinfoil hat*

Julie didn't mention it which probably should have given us a big clue.  Vegas just said that BB Marketing 'asked' to have it shown and I'm sure BB Marketing has absolutely no pull on what happens for the feeds.  but now it's obvious why it wasn't shown - they probably knew that comp would fall apart.

9 hours ago, zenithwit said:

OTT stands for Over The Top.  Is was essentially a lives feeds only version of BB where America was heavily involved and voted for the winner.  Jason Roy from BB17 was on it.  I think most people who watched it were hesitant at first but ended up loving it in the end.  I think there are a few edited episodes on CBS All Access.

Speaking of "America", have we heard this bunch talk about "America" often?  I can't recall many incidents which is refreshing.

And we got to see EVERY competition live and even got to hear product talk to them during each comp!

8 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Maybe because of the showmance?  In the edit, Hay seems to be getting the Jeff role and Fessy is getting the Jordan role.

No no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  omg they are nothing like Jeff and Jordan and there's no way you can morph them into that. They are my favorite BB couple and probably the only showmance I actually liked. And yes I've watched them live on feeds so I wasn't manipulated by tv show edits. 

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I really think they tried to create suspense with the whole "will he or won't he nominate haleigh?"  because I have to say having Sam and Scottie gang up on Fessy about that batshit crazy idea was a pretty good way to end the episode. 

I just talked to my boss (the "super casual"), and she was convinced he was going to do it. Mostly because she agrees with Zingbot that he's a complete moron. 

• Love 3

Reading the updates, it sounds like Angela wanted to honor the fake deal she made with Fessy and Haleigh but Tyler and Kaycee convinced her otherwise. Angela is frustrated that Brett or Kaycee didn't win. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure if it was posted in here or not, but apparently Sam kept calling Brett "Hogan" because that was the name of her childhood dog and he reminded Sam of him. 

• Love 6

For the first time ever, I don’t care who wins. Not rooting for anyone.  I’m not even rooting against anyone, like last year when I had to root for Josh just because of how much I didn’t want Paul to win

If I don’t love someone, I need to hate someone. this is not as fun

Well, I hate faysal but I don’t think I have any cause to worry that he’ll make F2. Fuck you faysal 

Tyler and Brett playing smart games but they’re just not people I can actively root for

I’m just checked out now, so bored.  Hopefully the battleback will bring someone in I can root for.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Slider said:

Apparently it was just a fake start for TV. I was wondering why hayleigh looked clueless just standing there outside the pit.

Those bastards. What the hell. Playing with my emotions like that. Also, I rewatched the entire episode this morning, because after reading the last 4 pages of feeds, it seemed I missed some stuff. Turns out that I got busy with work emails etc. and totally missed the last bit. Watching Scottie's interview I noticed how he remarks (so sweetly and totally lovingly) that Haleigh looks so much smaller than the others. He is so in love. Julie caught that sweetness and laughed.

12 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Did they stop the comp because Helen was pushed into a pit?

Somehow I don't know what this refers to, and I think I have seen it all....? Details? Or is this another case of 'I got so bored and distracted that I started to work during a show'?

12 hours ago, missyb said:

According to the spoiler, the start we saw was just for TV. They are were reviewing all the rules, etc. It had not started yet.

Ah, I see. FUF and FUP (FU production)

12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

What? WHAT? WHAT DID I MISS HERE LAST NIGHT?!

10 hours ago, NailedIt said:

My wishlist this week is Fessy is voted out. Scottie wins battle back. Fessy goes to the jury house with Rock and Bay where he has to wonder what is going on with "his" girl with Scottie and Brett in the house.  

Yes please, mine too!

9 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

By the way, speaking of Vegas, I think two things can be true. Vegas is a reliable source for information and Vegas is a narcissistic POS who doxxed people which is why she no longer posts on Reddit and who should not have been spreading Bayleigh's medical information online. 

Interesting. I think Vegas is 100% a social media paid person from the show and they are dictating the spoilers. All the placed I worked that had social media people, liked to make the fans feel as if they have an inside peek. I call this more production toying with us. I am so skeptical and suspicious, that I believe there are production plants on this forum ;) 

7 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

This is how you exit so nobody can wave at the door:

Still don't like him though.

Gotta admit I was a Cody fan. Cosy and Jessica for that matter, so much so that I watched The America's Race, or whatever that show is called for the first time ever. 

4 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

FOUTTE = Fucking Ourselves Up Till The End

So funny! And the winner for today's morning coffee sesh.

• Love 4

I was all in for Tyler but he's kind of fizzled out. Now I am in for Brett, douchiness and all. JC is also playing hard but he is a more evil player. I feel any of those three deserve the win. The only ones I would be irked if they win are Sam, Fessy or Kaycee. Angela and Hayleigh...meh.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

And another question for everyone. If you were on BB, what would your silly move that would appear in the opening credits?

Hmmm... as a guy, either this: 
giphy.gif

or this:
giphy.gif

Edited by HighMaintenance
Cus html is not my friend
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Reading the updates, it sounds like Angela wanted to honor the fake deal she made with Fessy and Haleigh but Tyler and Kaycee convinced her otherwise. Angela is frustrated that Brett or Kaycee didn't win. 

She didn't want to honor it.  She was just pissed that she won HOH and had to get the blood on her hands.  For like 5 minutes she thought about just getting Sam out but all of L6 and JC pointed out that is a huge mistake.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

I know some of the folks here have expressed dissatisfaction with the Pagonging of FOUTTE/S65432/Hive - it’s too predictable, it’s boring, etc. - but I feel I have to disagree.  When an alliance insists on playing in a manner which repeatedly demonstrates total idiocy and ignorance of their environment and its dynamics - when they are figuratively* on their knees begging for blindside after blindside after blindside even when they’re the ones in power - then it gives me great satisfaction to see them properly rewarded for their piss-poor gameplay.  It’s the reality show version of an educational beatdown, and school is in session.

Might the predictability of their demise pall after a while?  Sure.  But when they’re playing THIS gawdawful bad, I believe it’s a necessity - not so much for this season, but for subsequent seasons.  In truth, I see FOUTTE’s failure as worse than Pagong’s.  At least Pagong had the excuse of no prior seasons from which to draw strategic reference.  What is FOUTTE’s excuse?  

My best hope for this season now is in its value as a cautionary tale for future players, of both BB and other reality shows - that they should become an example all would fear to emulate.  And if the reality show lexicon should change such that future routed tribes or alliance formerly referred to as being Pagonged should now be referenced as being well and truly FOUTTEd, then this season - lack of surprises and all - will have been worth it.

* “Figuratively” - it’s a good word, Bae.  Grab a dictionary some time and look it the fuck up.

Can it be called "Pagonging" when the other side has had power ( Bay,Hay,Fessy) almost 3 times in a row and cannot get rid of one person who is a danger to them ??

No, your points about FOUTTE stupidity and bad awful play is on point.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, mooses said:

(From Reddit:) 

Haleigh: Paul was so fucking cool. I probably would have listened to him.

Kaycee: Really? Nah. Come on Haleigh.

lol at Kaycee. She would 100% be a Paul minion. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, missyb said:

Can it be called "Pagonging" when the other side has had power ( Bay,Hay,Fessy) almost 3 times in a row and cannot get rid of one person who is a danger to them ??

No, your points about FOUTTE stupidity and bad awful play is on point.

Not only that but they had 5/8 HOHs and somehow took out more of their own members than L6...

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, RagePaige said:

Angela didn't want to honor it.  She was just pissed that she won HOH and had to get the blood on her hands.  For like 5 minutes she thought about just getting Sam out but all of L6 and JC pointed out that is a huge mistake.

Why would it be a huge mistake to get Sam out now?

5 minutes ago, missyb said:

Bayleigh did get rid of Rachel. Wasn't the ideal boot but she was a loyal number for L6. Haleigh put up Angela/Kaycee and just got screwed by the hacker twist. I think it's a little unfair to lump those two with the complete and utter disaster that was Fessy's reign. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, missyb said:

I think the only one that wasn't really the HOH's fault was Haleigh's. Her HOH got screwed over by the Hacker Comp. Yeah, she could have just won the comp again but if you took away that comp, an L6 member would have actually gone home that week. Bayleigh made the mistake in not using her power on Angela's first HOH, which got her backdoored. And Fessy just screwed up his own HOH with no help from anyone else.

Just now, Vixenstud said:

Because Haleigh/Fessy are bigger targets than Sam at the moment. They need Fessy or Haleigh out this week because they're not on their side and leaving them in the game longer is a huge risk. If they get to F2 somehow, Haleigh or Fessy have four for sure votes (Rock, Bay, Scottie, and the other half of Hay/Fes). If Angela got Sam out this week, she could be a bitter juror and flip to vote for a Hive member. If two L6 members are at the end, at least Sam has to choose between them.

• Love 3
Just now, Vixenstud said:

For L6?  Because she is guaranteed to put up Haliegh after they evict Fessi this week if she wins HOH.  There is a small risk for Angela if Haliegh wins veto but Angela is in a way worse position if Haliegh or Fessi win HOH that next week.

Sam is easy to evict.  Haliegh and Fessi together is alot harder to get rid of

• Love 6
7 hours ago, cork dork said:

So, the fun chatter is winding down a bit and the collective talk flirts with getting philosophical when Haleigh chimes in with “you know what they say, the only thing constant is change.”

That is a thing they always play over the loudspeaker in the house.

5 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

FOUTTE = Fucking Ourselves Up Till The End

Awhile ago someone posted on twitter Fucking Ourselves Unintentionally Til the End which is absolutely perfect.

30 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

I’m just checked out now, so bored. 

Right! The past two weeks have really killed any the interest I had.

3 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Bayleigh did get rid of Rachel. Wasn't the ideal boot but she was a loyal number for L6. Haleigh put up Angela/Kaycee and just got screwed by the hacker twist. I think it's a little unfair to lump those two with the complete and utter disaster that was Fessy's reign. 

Yea, of the foutte (and foutte adjacent) members that won HOH (Kaitlyn, Scottie, Bay, Hay, Faysal) I'd say only Kaitlyn and Faysal fucked the alliance. Bay and Scottie did both get out L6 members and Haleigh was just fucked over by a twist. Although Bay is probably what really killed any chance they had by not using her power the week she was evicted. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
Just now, Cutty said:

But they wanted to get rid of Brett. He was their main target for two evictions . Of course the Hacker  twist messed up everyones plans and L6 had some dumb fuck luck with the Otev veto. And Bya was never apply to apply her power app. Forces were just not with The Hive. Not all their fault.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Angela also got screwed by the Hacker Twist.  Both of the hacker twist came down to the veto in which L6 won both because they strategized better.  If Haliegh was smarter and put Fessi in the veto and he won, Tyler would be in jury right now.

FOUTTE played the twist bad twice.  They messed up the veto twice.  They literally handed Tyler one of the vetos twice (Rockstar basically evicted herself) and they had a terrible pick in the first veto by choosing KC instead of Fessi.  At some point you cant really blame the twist anymore and have to start blaming the players.

Edited by RagePaige
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

How? She got Bay out, which was exactly what she wanted.

Haliegh picks Fessi for the veto and its a 50% chance Tyler goes home.  KC doesnt pick Tyler for the veto that next week and its 100% chance Angela goes home.  Thats the core difference here

• Love 1

That's a lot of 'scenarios' though. In actual fact, she wasn't screwed at all and it actually worked out perfectly for her. And it only worked out because of the choices someone else made. She didn't even really do anything to make it happen.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Cutty said:

lol at Kaycee. She would 100% be a Paul minion. 

idk, The Hive (minus Scottie) seem exactly the type to be a Paul minion. None of them are free thinkers, they've all made idiotic moves and have no idea what they're doing. Fessy absolutely loved that Scottie was a ~house decision, and he obviously made a great move since it was a unanimous vote. Bayleigh and RS both loved to fling around personal insults. 

• Love 11

That's a lot of 'scenarios' though. In actual fact, she wasn't screwed at all and it actually worked out perfectly for her. And it only worked out because of the choices someone else made. She didn't even really do anything to make it happen.

So you are saying FOUTTE basically screwed themselves right?  Because they didn't make the right choices when they had the power to do something about it?

Then yes I completely agree

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Callaphera said:

... my Survivor is showing. I almost rattled off about ten Jeff Probst-esque ball jokes but stopped myself in time.

Ah, so I will see you on the Survivor threads too?  All I need is for you to show up on the This is Us hate thread and my snark-loving trifecta will be complete.

That said, you live feeders are fantastic, and you all look ravishing/bewitching/captivating/exquisite tonight.  This is my first foray into what I now realize is the deep and dark rabbit hole of BB live feeds.  I find myself turning the feeds on after work, checking BB Daily and BB spoilers on Twitter first thing in the morning, reading this thread, and watching the actual show.  It's exhausting, so props to you who make this so snarkily fun.  Now that my inexplicable crush has exited (unless he comes back), I may have to back off on the live feeds in order to, like, read a book or something, but will continue to follow the good times in here.

Also, #FUF.  Jerk.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17

Evicting Sam right now wouldn't be good for Angela or anyone else in her alliance tbh. I know they don't realize it, but the jury buyback will 100% bring back a Hive member. Which would give them a 3-person alliance (if Sam were evicted). If one of them wins HOH, L6 is down a member, and they're tied even at 3-3, with JC as L6's padding. But, evict Fessy this week rather than Sam, they've still got the majority in a big way, and on the off chance that Sam wins HOH, she'll 100% put up Haleigh, who will then get evicted. Sam is a great boot for like F6/F5, but it really doesn't make much sense to do it now. Also, she hasn't won anything, except for the tree comp, and we'll never know if Tyler could have outlasted her or not since he jumped down.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, RagePaige said:

So you are saying FOUTTE basically screwed themselves right?  Because they didn't make the right choices when they had the power to do something about it?

Oh for sure, but also Angela wasn't screwed in any way by the hacker twist and through the pure luck of bad choices on the other side she got exactly what she wanted. L6, like all successful players really, benefited greatly from some amazing luck all season.

10 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

idk, The Hive (minus Scottie) seem exactly the type to be a Paul minion.

Definitely, but that doesn't mean Kaycee wouldn't be one. She for sure would be. She's just a Tyler minion now lol.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Evicting Sam right now wouldn't be good for Angela or anyone else in her alliance tbh. I know they don't realize it, but the jury buyback will 100% bring back a Hive member.

They actually all last night came to the conclusion last night that next week will be a jury buyback and the week after will be a double eviction.  Now they cant know that for certainty but Brett assumed it because Kaitlyn wast meant to fail that puzzle.  They spent a good part of the nigh preparing for that scenario.

Oh for sure, but also Angela wasn't screwed in any way by the hacker twist and through the pure luck of bad choices on the other side she got exactly what she wanted. L6, like all successful players really, benefited greatly from some amazing luck all season.

I think it is better phrased this way.  Both Haliegh and Angela had the potential to be screwed by the hacker twist.  Just based on who won the veto made it so Haliegh was and Angela wasn't.  Up until the veto the twist effected both sides evenly.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, RagePaige said:

They actually all last night came to the conclusion last night that next week will be a jury buyback and the week after will be a double eviction.  Now they cant know that for certainty but Brett assumed it because Kaitlyn wast meant to fail that puzzle.  They spent a good part of the nigh preparing for that scenario.

Personally, I've never understood why BB doesn't switch up this stuff to throw the HG off. The HG always seem to know when something is going to start or what the HOH will be. Granted, production has been doing this for so long it would be easy to guess but why not switch it up and do stuff earlier or later.

• Love 4