Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

I am a full day behind, just saw the segment with Tyler's hair. I think Sam did his hair like she would do her own, it was a bit too 'styled' and feminine for me. After everyone played with it & braided it, then combed it out, I liked it. Have not seen Brett's or Kaycee's yet.

I think Tyler & Angela are adorable together, but was really hoping Tyler would keep his game play a priority. They do bring out great qualities in each other. I've been pulling for Tyler since the beginning.

Please, please, PLEASE! Don't let Rocks for Brains win the 'Win Back'! Guess that could be either 'Rock Star' or Falafel but I did mean RS.

Just saw the pic of Kaycee that Atomic posted. Wow! Looks like a different person!

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, TheGapper said:

So much for Vegas and her controlling tweet about house guests keeping the same appearance,  Tyler"s new look is maturing and laying the foundation of a promising new life regardless of production' s continuity guidelines.   Love (for a new do) will reign. 

Oh jesus, can I please get a screencap?

Amazing. Her hair is crazy long and black and perfect.

I think if they can get some story from it then it's not a big deal.   Tyler's the fav this season and a segment about his new look and everyone fawning over it will be too good to pass up.  Add to it that it's a slow week and they'll need filler and that they probably won't need any "backdated" footage (again, since it's such a predictable week) and I can see why they let it stand.  

• Love 4

I hope they do a segment on the air show of Sam's Salon, and show all the different hairdos.

Kaycee's hair is gorgeous. I do wonder why she keeps it that long if she always wears it up. Thick hair that long gets heavy.

Eta: just flipped on BBAD, and Fayleigh are canoodling. Ugh.

Fuck you Fessy.

Edited by gatopretoNYC
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, mooses said:

From Reddit:

Angela: "I felt like for so long I was just like numb inside. And I didn’t have emotions. And it’s weird having emotions again. I don’t know how to handle it."

Tyler: "What made you have emotions again? Zingbot?"

Angela: "No, this game. You."

Production must be wishing they waited to have that technical intercom glitch. JC would go BANANAS if he heard that. 

Reminds me of last night on BBAD when Tyler and Angela were in bed in the HOH room and he told her that he’s just as cold hearted as she is…like that’s a good thing. That made me lol because they’re bonding over being dead inside, it’s so strange. If someone I had a crush on described themselves or me as cold-hearted, I’d peace out so damn fast.

Kaycee's hair is gorgeous, she looks really pretty with it down.

• Love 7

Omg! I thought you guys were joking about Sam hanging out under the stairs! She’s literally under the stairs right now eating. That’s just straight up crazy town…wow. That would make me so uncomfortable to live in that house.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Summerday said:

Reminds me of last night on BBAD when Tyler and Angela were in bed in the HOH room and he told her that he’s just as cold hearted as she is…like that’s a good thing. That made me lol because they’re bonding over being dead inside, it’s so strange. If someone I had a crush on described themselves or me as cold-hearted, I’d peace out so damn fast.

Kaycee's hair is gorgeous, she looks really pretty with it down.

She said his hands were cold and he joked that he was cold like her and then she said cold hands warm heart. They were joking.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, atomic said:

Here's Kaycee looking super pretty after her trip to Sam's salon:

58LJJ64.jpg?1

TpiDwqg.jpg

She looks a like a totally different person and for the better. With her hair down and losing that stupid scarf/bandana (why are they all wearing them this season) she looks beautiful. It's a great look for her. That said, I'm sure she'll have it back up on Thursday's live show.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Just as a reference for previous discussion - a look at the HoH intercom and controls:

B50E7541-EA0F-4E60-87A8-0D71ECF90C9A.thumb.jpeg.fc76fb9f182686f8854178e947c70214.jpeg

Lol, that looks like something out of the original Star Trek.  I thought this season was supposed to be high-tech BB.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Nashville said:

Not all over the place, no - but the intercom was a new addition this season, and it has a simple(?) control panel underneath it with 2 or 3 (?) controls.  I think the only controls are:

1. An On/Off switch: the silver toggle where Off apparently doesn’t REALLY mean Off.
  2. A Push-To-Talk (PTT) button: the red light-up button which may not Un-Talk when you Un-Push.
  3. A volume dial, maybe...?

I have read this line 10 times and it makes me laugh every time.  Was the intercom system designed by a FOUTTE member, perchance?

8 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Kaycee's hair looks beautiful. Sam did a really nice job.

Dittoing everyone else's responses...she looks stunning.  I had no idea her hair was that long!

5 hours ago, Summerday said:

Omg! I thought you guys were joking about Sam hanging out under the stairs! She’s literally under the stairs right now eating. That’s just straight up crazy town…wow. That would make me so uncomfortable to live in that house.

You know, if I were in that house, I feel like I might do the same thing.  So many people, so many voices - I am a bit of an introvert and sometimes I just can't with having to talk and interact with people all day long.  A little personal space of my own would keep me sane.  An adult blanket fort, if you will. :)

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I hope they do a segment on the air show of Sam's Salon, and show all the different hairdos.

Kaycee's hair is gorgeous. I do wonder why she keeps it that long if she always wears it up. Thick hair that long gets heavy.

I feel like they hair salon has been one of the most entertaining things in a long time on this show. Everytime I have long hair, I basically want it long but can't stand it in my face (especially when I am being active) and I end up pulling it up, pulling it back and constantly playing with it. If you get into the habit of having it up, you don't necessarily want it down. Eventually i get sick of it and cut it and while it is lighter and cooler, I miss being able to pull it back (again especially while I am active because the sweat doesn't concentrate in my ponytail and I apologize for that TMI mental image). Given that she plays football, the long hair may be more comfortable that gross sweaty short hair. 

Regardless, I have major hair envy. Those gorgeous shiny dark locks are beautiful.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, RagePaige said:

Holy shit JC is creepy.  He basically started petting Tyler while he was sleeping last night multiple times

He really needs to be told to stop, and he needs to listen. Tyler's already expressed his discomfort and he just keeps doing this stuff. This is definitely worse than the Kaitlyn/Brett situation during the night because I believe Kaitlyn was genuinely asleep. With JC, it's pretty likely he's awake and doing it on purpose. Ok, as much as I think JC is a great game player, he has to go soon. I'd rather Scottie came back but JC is the one evicted next week. That would be the ideal situation. 

8 hours ago, atomic said:

Here's Kaycee looking super pretty after her trip to Sam's salon:

58LJJ64.jpg?1

TpiDwqg.jpg

Kaycee looks absolutely amazing. It would be nice if she wore her hair down more, but I respect why she may not like to do that. 

42 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

You know, if I were in that house, I feel like I might do the same thing.  So many people, so many voices - I am a bit of an introvert and sometimes I just can't with having to talk and interact with people all day long.  A little personal space of my own would keep me sane.  An adult blanket fort, if you will. :)

I know I'd be scoping out the quiet places so I could chill out and decompress. My go-to is usually a small corner, so I'd probably hide in the corner that Winston used to like going to in the Have Not room, but the stairs isn't a bad idea.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Maverick said:

I think if they can get some story from it then it's not a big deal.   Tyler's the fav this season and a segment about his new look and everyone fawning over it will be too good to pass up.  Add to it that it's a slow week and they'll need filler and that they probably won't need any "backdated" footage (again, since it's such a predictable week) and I can see why they let it stand.  

Yea I think with absolutely nothing going on this week the DR doesn't need them to keep consistent images. I'm sure half of Wed or Thurs will be all about Sam's Salon lol 

8 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I was thinking the same - they HAVE to do a segment about Sam's Salon!

Last night she even wanted to do Fessy's but I'm guessing she didn't do it? 

I also wonder why Kaycee keeps her hair so long if she just keeps it up all the time. She would probably save a TON on shampoo and probably 10 min of shower time. 

I was a little bummed when I saw it go right up into a pony though. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Yea I think with absolutely nothing going on this week the DR doesn't need them to keep consistent images. I'm sure half of Wed or Thurs will be all about Sam's Salon lol 

It'll be Thursday since Sam's Salon started after the veto ceremony. Which I am looking forward to.

7 hours ago, Summerday said:

If I recall correctly, way early on in the season, weren't Sam and FUF under the stairs, looking at the patterns in the texture and Sam was trying to imagine and draw out certain constellations as if they were laying under the stars?  Yes, not a typo...laying under the stairs but pretending to be under the stars.

Now, I'm going to need to search for that.  I don't remember if I read about it here or where.  It feels like it was ages ago.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Summerday said:

Actually if I was in that house I think I would be doing the same. A little quiet place in this crazy house 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Gummo said:

Sam should return to hairdressing full-time, she's really good at it and it seems to make her very happy.

Watching her last night I was wondering if she might go back to it when she's out because she really seems to enjoy it.  And she should have no problem building up clients! And she seems like a perfectionist so I would totally go to her. 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 5

Who thinks if Sam can tone down on the crazy she can make it to Final 4?

honestly, as it stands now Tyler beats anyone but Haleigh in the final 2 and Kaycee beats anyone but Hal and Tyler.

no one should want to go to Final 4 with any of the 3.

. Sam can’t beat anyone unless she has an incredible final speech.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Who thinks if Sam can tone down on the crazy she can make it to Final 4?

honestly, as it stands now Tyler beats anyone but Haleigh in the final 2 and Kaycee beats anyone but Hal and Tyler.

no one should want to go to Final 4 with any of the 3.

. Sam can’t beat anyone unless she has an incredible final speech.

I think there's a chance for Sam to make it to F4, but I think people are going to want her out in the next few weeks. Nobody wants to take her to F2 because she has a very good chance at beating a whole bunch of them, if the jury is bitter. People have already recognized in the house that Sam has been kind of playing the game a little bit more than they originally anticipated, as she's made nice with all of the evictees thus far. 

JC's the only one who seems to want Sam in F3 with him and Tyler. Everyone else would rather she left. Tyler doesn't want her anywhere near F4. However, it does depend if JC/Brett turn on Kaycee/Angela in the next two weeks. Sam could quietly slip into F4 if people are too distracted. 

18 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Watching her last night I was wondering if she might go back to it when she's out because she really seems to enjoy it.  And she should have no problem building up clients! And she seems like a perfectionist so I would totally go to her. 

I think she should. She does know what she's doing...for the most part. I wasn't fond of how she styled Tyler's hair after she straightened it, but she's good at doing that stuff regardless. Plus, she got to play with her crush's hair after they pissed each other off during Laundry/Intercom-Gate. And she got to play with Kaycee's hair, which she doesn't let anyone see her with her hair down, so that's an accomplishment! 

So, I figured out my ideal scenario for the rest of the game (at the moment). I know it won't happen, but this is kind of what I'd like to see:

Fessy gets evicted and the four jurors battleback into the house. Scottie wins the Battleback and Haleigh wins HOH. She decides that she's going to put up JC and Tyler. Scottie/Haleigh realize they need people on their side so they rope in Brett and Sam to get out Angela. Angela wins veto and takes down Tyler. Haleigh puts up Kaycee and JC is evicted. Next week is DE (I hope). Brett wins DE HOH and decides to make a big move by putting up Angela/Kaycee. Angela wins veto, takes herself down, and Brett decides to put up Tyler. Kaycee is evicted. Tyler wins the next HOH and puts up Brett and Haleigh. Sam wins veto and takes down Brett. Scottie goes up next to Haleigh but Haleigh is voted out. Scottie wins next HOH and puts up Tyler/Angela. Scottie also wins veto and leaves it the same. Angela is voted out. Brett wins HOH and puts up Scottie/Tyler. Tyler wins veto and Sam's put up. Tyler evicts Scottie. 

...how the hell did I get to a Tyler/Brett/Sam F3? My ideal scenario wasn't trying for that! My brain said otherwise. I also know this is likely unrealistic. 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Gummo said:

Sam should return to hairdressing full-time, she's really good at it and it seems to make her very happy.

I am not convinced she doesn’t do it now.   I think welding is a hobby.   They recruited her from Instagram so those who have that could look if it is not private.   Her welding bench, on the home visit, was tiny and in a garage that held all the usual things.   I think production requested she present as a welder.  

Kaycee has gorgeous hair.  It is too long to wear down, a lot anyway, so I get why she puts it up.  I wish she would vary the way she does it though; the top knot isn’t attractive on anyone despite its huge popularity.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Wings said:

I am not convinced she doesn’t do it now.   I think welding is a hobby.   They recruited her from Instagram so those who have that could look if it is not private.   Her welding bench, on the home visit, was tiny and in a garage that held all the usual things.   I think production requested she present as a welder.  

Kaycee has gorgeous hair.  It is too long to wear down, a lot anyway, so I get why she puts it up.  I wish she would vary the way she does it though; the top knot isn’t attractive on anyone despite its huge popularity.  

She doesn't - she was talking to someone in the house and said she quit when she moved back home because she didn't want to deal with building up her client list again and decided to try something new and that's where welding came in. But she hasn't been out of it for long. She moved back after that break up (and did he have kids?? because last night during Sam's salon she kept talking about 'the kids')

She likely could still be doing it on the side for friends and family - she still has her license, but it was not her full time gig before the show. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

It looks like Kaycee cares more about function, convenience and comfortability.

Yes, that is clear but a ponytail can be done in different ways.  Put a soft bun on the back of your head down low so you can still rest your head, is one option.  A low or side ponytail another. 

14 minutes ago, gunderda said:

She doesn't - she was talking to someone in the house and said she quit when she moved back home because she didn't want to deal with building up her client list again and decided to try something new and that's where welding came in. But she hasn't been out of it for long. She moved back after that break up (and did he have kids?? because last night during Sam's salon she kept talking about 'the kids')

She likely could still be doing it on the side for friends and family - she still has her license, but it was not her full time gig before the show. 

Thanks.  I have not been able to  keep on top of the feeds this season so miss a lot.  So she had a BF with kids at one point in recent history.  Oh to be a fly on the wall for that break up.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

Thanks.  I have not been able to  keep on top of the feeds this season so miss a lot.  So she had a BF with kids at one point in recent history.  Oh to be a fly on the wall for that break up.  

I'm not too sure about that...but last night she was tell the HGs that's why she loved being a hair dresser because she could set her own schedule and she said "like if there was a snow day or something and the kids couldn't go to school... i could call in and just cancel my appointments for the day"

And then when doing Kaycee's hair she says "you look exactly like my girl.... it's crazy!" 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, gunderda said:

Kaycee and Ang talking about Fessy now... how he's not very considerate of other people.  

Has FuF even cooked a single meal yet? I never ever see him in the kitchen making anything unless it is a snack for himself.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

[JC] really needs to be told to stop, and he needs to listen. Tyler's already expressed his discomfort and he just keeps doing this stuff. This is definitely worse than the Kaitlyn/Brett situation during the night because I believe Kaitlyn was genuinely asleep. With JC, it's pretty likely he's awake and doing it on purpose. Ok, as much as I think JC is a great game player, he has to go soon. I'd rather Scottie came back but JC is the one evicted next week. That would be the ideal situation. 

Unfortunately this looks like almost a word-for-word drag-and-drop of several conversations we had about a certain FmfG back in BB16.  TPTB already have an established track record of being afraid to even confront gay HGs about sexually aggressive actions which would get a similarly-acting straight HG yanked into the DR straightaway.

2 hours ago, Gummo said:

I expect Production is thanking its lucky stars Sam knows what she’s doing around a head of hair, because this whole experiment could’ve taken a VERY nasty turn..... ;)

2 hours ago, Wings said:

I am not convinced she doesn’t do it now.   I think welding is a hobby.   

Not the case; Sam has discussed this in several different BR and BY discussions.  Sam originally pursued a hairdresser career straight out of high school; she was (and is) pretty good at it, and had a solid client base.  I gather Sam’s primary problem wasn’t the stability of her client base, though, but its size; the Stuarts Draft area didn’t offer enough clientele to earn a living wage as a hairdresser.  This is where a lot of Sam’s odd jobs (waitressing, bartending, beekeeping, etc.) came into play, to supplement her hairdresser income.

In any case (and this part is decidedly murky): at some point roughly 3-4(?) years ago, Sam pretty much chucked it all, moved away from home, and did a follow-your-heart to pursue a really serious relationship (marriage had been discussed) with some guy.  The relationship lasted (I think) a little over a year, but they didn’t get married; unfortunately, dude turned out to be kind of a douche (inference was he cheated on Sam).  In any case the wheels came off about a year-plus into the relationship, they broke up, and Sam moved back to Stuarts Draft.

So now back to about two years ago, and Sam’s back home reassembling her life.  Sam did look at reassuming her old hairdressing career, which she had really liked; it would take a chunk of time to re-establish enough of a paying customer base to come close to supporting herself, though, and Sam ultimately decided she wanted something which presented a more dependable income.  Sam had learned how to weld growing up on the farm, and good-paying jobs were available locally for welders - so that’s how she got into welding.  Turns out Sam’s pretty good at it and she likes doing it and learning/exploring different techniques, so that’s where she’s at today.

Her welding bench, on the home visit, was tiny and in a garage that held all the usual things.  

Sam has said (and her Instagram shows) she likes to do some art-style welding of her own at home, but what does that have to do with what she does on the job?  It isn’t like she brings her work home with her.  ;)

I think production requested she present as a welder.  

Sam said they did, and that might be where part of the confusion is coming in.  Sam talked about this in a BY “smoking” discussion back around Week 1-2, on one of the occasions Human-Sam was in the House (with Scottie and Steve, maybe? - can’t remember). Sam wasn’t at all happy with the way Production filmed her initial “meet me” intro, which consisted of them having her weld two pieces of scrap metal together (so they could get shots of her doing “the welding thing”) while additional crew stood around in the background trying to “look like welders” <insert snort here>.  Sam didn’t like how Production over-staged everything, and she specifically mentioned she was afraid other welders would think it looked “fake” and not take her seriously - which was a big deal to Sam, as she had trouble getting her male co-workers to take her seriously when she first started on the job.

In any event - Sam was talking about her intro being fake, not her welding career.

Kaycee has specifically stated she doesn’t like looking “girly” - which is absolutely her right, of course.  But still a damn shame, because she girls up nice.  ;)

29 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

Click the link and read the thread to see others.  Sam looks like Brett.

Oh SHIT I’m dying here as well.  :D :D :D

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Well, I think being on BB could definitely help her fill out her client list to overflowing.  At least until the next season of BB.

I do rememeber a conversation with Kaycee where Sam and her basically alluded to Production wanting them to "play up" certain jobs. So, Kaycee is/was a pro-football player, but it was kind of suggested Big Brother wanted her to make it a bigger thing than it really is (I think she is a waiter or hostess as well?). And I believe Sam was the one who was saying that how they presented themselves wasn't true to life - she said something like, "You know, I'm a welder," in a sarcastic kind of way - so I figured she must do something in addition to/as her main source of income like Kaycee. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, mooses said:

I do rememeber a conversation with Kaycee where Sam and her basically alluded to Production wanting them to "play up" certain jobs. So, Kaycee is/was a pro-football player, but it was kind of suggested Big Brother wanted her to make it a bigger thing than it really is (I think she is a waiter or hostess as well?). And I believe Sam was the one who was saying that how they presented themselves wasn't true to life - she said something like, "You know, I'm a welder," in a sarcastic kind of way - so I figured she must do something in addition to/as her main source of income like Kaycee. 

Fessy worked at Margaritaville - he hopes he doesn't have to go back but thinks he left in a respectable way (giving 2 weeks) in case he needs it again.  His sub teaching was very minimal. 

• Love 7

Haleigh barely cracked a smile during Brett’s fire alarm stories (yes, there was more than one). I was amused when Sam was rattling on about something and as she passed by Haleigh’s eyes looked up to heaven as if to say “ Just SHADDUP, ALREADY.”

• Love 3

Sounds like Sam is still serious about sticking with the welding job when she gets out. She's having a discussion with Brett about buying equipment and what she'll need to do when she gets out.  She wants to buy a 'rig' which is a mobile welding truck. 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 2