Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18 James (K) & Cynthia LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

Lisa isn’t as downtrodden and put-upon as she’s seemed. There’s something malevolent about her that I’m only just seeing. 

Right?? She's got a mean streak. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Like I said above, the only way James will lose weight is if he is locked up in a nursing home. I don't blame Dr. Now going off on them, he could have helped people who wanted to change instead of wasting time and resources. Lisa has some nerve arguing with Dr. Now. grrrrrrrrrrr

People like Diane, he could have looked like her by now.

• Love 8
Just now, zoemom said:

Dr. Now just quit wasting your breath.......they don't care.

Yeah, he cheated just "a couple times".

the first time was for a week. The second time was for three weeks.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

He gained my actual body weight. I can't even believe that is possible. (But apparently it is!) 

And does anyone know why James ISN'T on antibiotics? I know the infection is a result of his obesity--but it's still an infection, right?!

The antibiotics need to be carried by the blood and Dr. Now said that a lot of the infection is in pockets away from blood supply. Antibiotics can be really rough on the liver and kidneys and if his aren’t great, they could be a risk.

Edited by MJS
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

And does anyone know why James ISN'T on antibiotics? I know the infection is a result of his obesity--but it's still an infection, right?!

He probably is, or was until they cleared the active infection.

2 minutes ago, Threnners said:

I wonder if Lisa has life insurance policies on James.

He wouldn't pass any medical assessment, and any policy she could get probably would not be worth the premiums. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

What kind of results does Cynthia think she'll get after skin removal surgery?  Her body is going to be tight but still ROUND!!!

I don’t get the impression that round bothers her that much. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Threnners said:

Dr. Now just flipped his shit, y'all.

That was epic.

2 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Dr. Now say he smells like rotting flesh.

He basically is rotting flesh at this point, isn't he?

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Dr. Now say he smells like rotting flesh.

I must have missed that part.  That is even worse that the time he told Steven he smelled like he still hadn't bathe like he told him to last time.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

Cynthia is at least working out and seems to be trying. And has lost weight. She's doing so much better than James! 

She does look like she puts a lot of effort into her appearance and grooming.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, AVM said:

James k father had stroke if all remember ,if that didn't wake  James and Lisa up nothing ever will !

He refinanced his house for James to get to Housto. How dare James not even try.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, aliya said:

YASSS!  Hello, James.  Eating habit tonight - homemade vegan chili over a bit of brown rice.

Mine's almost identical.  Homemade vegan chili over baby kale. 

Not watching yet, have to wait until 8 Pacific time, so I'm "watching" through your posts.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MJS said:

The antibiotics need to be carried by the blood and Dr. Now said that a lot of the nce toon is in pockets away from blood supply. Antibiotics can be really rough on th elver and kidneys and if his aren’t great, they could be a risk.

Thank you!

Ah, I love when Dr Now showcases the flesh he carves off his patients. 

I love the guy, but I wouldn't have a general/bariatric surgeon doing my skin removal surgery.  He doesn't seem to care about any "cosmetic" appearance when he sutures!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Lisa isn’t as downtrodden and put-upon as she’s seemed. There’s something malevolent about her that I’m only just seeing. 

Lisa and James are both scammers. It ticks me off that they are wasting Dr. Now's time and resources when others who really want to lose could be getting his services. 

• Love 23
(edited)

I agree. They're trying to milk this for all they can. 

Lisa and James are both scammers. It ticks me off that they are wasting Dr. Now's time and resources when others who really want to lose could be getting his services. 

Edited by Ivylady
  • Love 4

Voluntary 'caregivers' are seldom as downtrodden as they want you to believe. If they really didn't want to do it, they'd leave. They do get something out of it - bragging rights about how downtrodden they are.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BuddhaBelly said:

I have an inkling Cynthia is done with this weight loss journey.

Oh, yeah she is. 

So, there's about 20 minutes of this episode left and I'm just gonna venture a guess that James isn't going to qualify for surgery by the time it ends.

3 minutes ago, zoemom said:

I love the guy, but I wouldn't have a general/bariatric surgeon doing my skin removal surgery.  He doesn't seem to care about any "cosmetic" appearance when he sutures!

I don't know if it was here or somewhere else, but someone mentioned that he's getting rid of extra skin so these people can be more mobile, reduce rashes & infections, etc. This is not the same as cosmetic surgery. They can have things retouched after they're down to goal and stabilized.

• Love 4

Cynthia may be losing weight slowly, but I like that she always looks put together and takes care of her kids well.  She also got a trainer and is putting in the work.  She has her issues but she is trying.  James on the other hand...

I'm sorry, I think he is doomed.  His dynamic with Lisa is going to help kill him.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

For some people, this literally makes their day (month, year) when everyone is running around them, and they just savor the attention.  Some will attempt suicide like that by taking just enough of just the right meds right before calling ambulance, some prefer the slower route like James...

• Love 7
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, yeah she is. 

So, there's about 20 minutes of this episode left and I'm just gonna venture a guess that James isn't going to qualify for surgery by the time it ends.

But! He's trying so hard!! And they're doing everything they're supposed to!  Really!!!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, yeah she is. 

You think???? What would make you say that????   The magical fat fairies might make an appearance!!!!!  LOL!!!!! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DEG9 said:

Voluntary 'caregivers' are seldom as downtrodden as they want you to believe. If they really didn't want to do it, they'd leave. They do get something out of it - bragging rights about how downtrodden they are.

Agree;  She probably feels like she is carrying her cross and she is terribly proud of her suffering.  Holier than thou and all that.

• Love 5
(edited)

Cynthia. Your kids aren't tiny. They are plenty old enough to take care of themselves while you recover. 

Observe: Cynthia lying in bed facing the wall. "Focus on my kids" my ass. She just doesn't want to diet any more.  

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, yeah she is. 

Nailed it. She's done with the program again. These people irk my spirit. 

• Love 9