Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17 Kirsten, Michael & Roni LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

I don’t think Kirsten ever intends to grow up.  Her parents will probably have to go to court for an eviction to ever see her move out.

Edited to add:  GO Dr. Now!!!  That’s telling her.

Like that asshole in the news a couple of weeks ago. And he still lingered. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

Dr. Now just doesn't understand that Kirsten can't do it all by herself, she needs someone to help her.

She needs someone to blame when it all goes wrong.

• Love 2
Just now, zoemom said:

Check out her wide gait.  She's still walking like she weighs 600 lbs.  Bitch, bitch, bitch.......you've come this far, just stay the heck in Houston.  Who knows you might grow up finally (nah, who am I kidding?)

But adulting is just so haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Go out and get her own food? Life is ROUGH.

Gotta give Kirsten credit, guys. She's one of VERY few on this show who didn't gain weight based on the excuse they were living in a hotel so they didn't have the ability to eat healthy foods, and only had access to fast food. Somehow, she has managed to stay on the diet and lose 38 lbs. in the first month after surgery!

• Love 13

Dr. Now just doesn't understand that Kirsten can't do it all by herself, she needs someone to help her.

Maybe she's hoping Dr. Now will adopt her????

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

When I say child, I really mean 17yo at college.  We didn't have/eat sugar cereal growing up (Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies and Raisin Bran...I now know that is was abuse ;)).  So, when I got to UM and found CB, Apple Jacks and Corn Pops, I was in heaven.  I ate cereal three times a day...everyday!!

Ha, I started college at 17, too (October baby, just made the school cutoff which is...my birthday!). Our cafeteria had a loooong counter filled with a row of cereal dispensers with just about anything you might want (plus some boxes of slightly less popular options that I guess didn't get used quickly enough to need a whole dispenser) at the end, too). Even with highly-rated food options (it was one of the top 10 college cafeterias on some list or other at the time), my picky self ate cereal multiple times a week. Sometimes for dessert (which is how I try to treat my kiddie cereal cravings these days).

1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I might be wrong but I thought, from the original episode, that those are her kids not his which really pissed me off since he he would take out his angry bullshit on them which would definitely have me out the door if it was me.

I dunno. The note on the screen earlier said she was Michael and Roni's daughter.

• Love 2

In a way, she really cannot.  She is not mentally ready to do it.   One way is to throw her in and let her sink or swim - but this will probably end in "sink" and that is not acceptable in today's society.  The other way is to send her through years of therapy until she sees the light.  Or doesn't and dies eventually, but in a more socially acceptable way.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

When I say child, I really mean 17yo at college.  We didn't have/eat sugar cereal growing up (Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies and Raisin Bran...I now know that is was abuse ;)).  So, when I got to UM and found CB, Apple Jacks and Corn Pops, I was in heaven.  I ate cereal three times a day...everyday!!

Haha! I had the same type of cereal abusive mom. I think I had Raisin Bran for breakfast every day of my life until I was 18. I rarely get cravings for cereal now but if I’m going to eat it, it’s either going to be Corn Pops or Apple Jacks. Yum.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Gotta give Kirsten credit, guys. She's one of VERY few on this show who didn't gain weight based on the excuse they were living in a hotel so they didn't have the ability to eat healthy foods, and only had access to fast food. Somehow, she has managed to stay on the diet and lose 38 lbs. in the first month after surgery!

I'll give her that, but it seems like she intent with her childish attitude to undo all the hard work she accomplished.  I don't get it.....

• Love 1
Just now, zoemom said:

I'll give her that, but it seems like she intent with her childish attitude to undo all the hard work she accomplished.  I don't get it.....

But the Magic Surgery will make everything better this time!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Schippmom said:

Would it kill her to smile?

possibly, It might also be she has really bad teeth, due to a bad diet, but I'm going with the first.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hellga said:

Yum!  I love split pea soup!  

My culinary experiment of the week (from time to time, I like to play with ingredients I have never cooked or even have never eaten before)  was guinea fowl I roasted on Monday.  I can conclude that it is more effort to eat than it's worth! But it probably would be a good substitute for chicken for all the 600-pound food inhalers! :)

I love guinea fowl. It took a few tries to get it right, though. It might make a snack for a 600 pounder. I think it might take a whole turkey, albeit a smaller one, to make a meal.

• Love 1

What is the fascination with the phrase "right now" the writers of this show have?

"I'm scared right now"

"I'm nervous right now"

"I'm doing so much better right now"

"I don't know what I'll do right now"

"I feel good right now"

On and on and on.....

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

All true, she’s just so very unlikeable.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

Gators are cute... And monitor lizards are squeezably adorable.

I love all lizards and crocodilians!   When I settle down (meaning, will spend more time at home) I plan on getting a cat and a crested gecko.  I would get a bearded dragon too, but I strongly dislike things with too many legs and therefore cannot have lizards that require crickets as part of their diet...   

Meanwhile, I have several jewelry pieces that are designed to look like lizards that keep me company.

• Love 3
Just now, Kid said:

Hey, y’all!!!   She has been on her own for TWO months!!!

Good for Roni!  She finally left the asshole.

verbally and mentally abusive? Gee, what a shock. You get gone, girl!

• Love 6

She lost a finger or she had an injury that required stitches (which might be the same thing, but you'd think she'd say she lost a finger the first time.

• Love 8

WOW.  That was a hard way to lose that Michael loser.  Poor Roni.  At least she is not putting up with the physical abuse, some even choose to put up with this for years.

• Love 7
Just now, Bronx Babe said:

What is the fascination with the phrase "right now" the writers of this show have?

"I'm scared right now"

"I'm nervous right now"

"I'm doing so much better right now"

"I don't know what I'll do right now"

"I feel good right now"

On and on and on.....

"RIght now" drives me nuts!  Dr. Now says it often.  I wonder if he is actually the one writing the script! 

Right now, I also hate the word "because".  Everything doesn't need a because.  Just try starting a new freakin' sentence.  Periods followed by articles of the "the" persuasion, is a great thing.  I am also partial to gerund phrases....anything, ANYTHING, but because.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, zoemom said:

I think that's not a contradiction.  She is losing weight because she just has to follow the steps someone has outlined for her, no thinking required.  IT is actually easier to obey than to have to go off track and find her own way.  So while it is an accomplishment, I have doubts whether it is because of her willpower or because the circumstances aligned in her favor. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

How is Kirsten going to visit her family on her own? And Dr. Now is the only person in the world who can do skin removal surgery! Kirsten, slow your roll. There are other surgeons. 

In fact most are better at it. Skin removal isn't  Dr. Now's strong suit.

• Love 6

Kristen has grown as a person? Yeah, right. 

Poor Roni. I hope she's really done with Michael. I'm glad she's doing well with her weight loss. Sweet Dr Now for taking care of her finger too. I hope she filed charges on that abusive asshole., 

• Love 11

Dr. Now to the rescue.  Wow, that is really bad...

I hope she sticks to her guns and doesn't go back to that S.O.B.

Her poor kids look gutted as well - the whole family needs therapy.

• Love 9

Did you see Mama June has gained weight after her surgery? I know she says it's because of her eye problems, but her livelihood depends on her keeping the weight off and even she can't do it so I can see why the odds are against these people keeping it off long term.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

That is just so sad but at least she left him.

Did she leave, or did he storm out, and has not yet come back? She need a PFA, like stat!

• Love 6