Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17 Kirsten, Michael & Roni LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

My eating habit is split pea soup

Yum!  I love split pea soup!  

My culinary experiment of the week (from time to time, I like to play with ingredients I have never cooked or even have never eaten before)  was guinea fowl I roasted on Monday.  I can conclude that it is more effort to eat than it's worth! But it probably would be a good substitute for chicken for all the 600-pound food inhalers! :)

• Love 4
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Skin removal surgery is going to wreak havoc with Michael's tats. 

Right? I wonder if he got those when he was smaller, or when he was huge? 

I'm glad he's lost weight and his temper is better. 

• Love 2

I wonder how much his girlfriend weighs? You know, I know it's really hard to lose weight and maintain a healthy body, but why doesn't she just try to keep on dieting with him instead of getting weight loss surgery? She's a big girl but no where near 600 pounds.

• Love 7
Just now, QuinnInND said:

I wonder if he got those when he was smaller, or when he was huge? 

Me too...  but I would think it was when he was close to his current size.  They do not look too stretched.

I have a burn scar on my right hand - I dropped an iron on it when I was 3 or 4 years old.  I remember it used to be a solid triangle - but now that my hands are so much larger than they were back then, it 's basically two little dots where the angles of the triangle  would have been (and even they are faded to where you wouldn't notice them unless you knew to look for them) - so I would think if he gained all that weight after getting the tattoos, they would be stretched in a similar way...

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

What did they grill for dinner?  Was that chicken?  

Maybe flank steak?  Don't know if you could cut chicken to that thinness and why would you pound out meat before grilling vs. pan-frying?

FYI the very thought of split pea soup makes your kitty Mod queasy.  The smell of it has made me leave restaurants for fear I wouldn't keep my dinner down.  So thanks, Pounders!  Lucky I'm not eating yet.  :-) 

Nah, seriously, you do you! 

• Love 3

How y’all doing? I’m at a concert so my eating habit tonight is beer. So sad I won’t be watching live!

Hope you’re all SCARED and NERVOUS!

1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

FYI the very thought of split pea soup makes your kitty Mod queasy.  The smell of it has made me leave restaurants for fear I wouldn't keep my dinner down.  So thanks, Pounders!  Lucky I'm not eating yet.  :-) 

Oops.  Dou have similar reaction to lentil soup?  They are very similar to me (and I love them both and cook them regularly throughout the cold weather months).

Meanwhile 2-4 thousand calorie meals and little exercise ,yet they don't understand why they cant lose weight. Dr Now gives these people diets to live on...you would never know it from them.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Oops.  Dou have similar reaction to lentil soup?  They are very similar to me (and I love them both and cook them regularly throughout the cold weather months).

Are you trying to kill me with thoughts of legume-based soup?!?!?!?!?!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

My split pea soup story: I was down to my last bit of money in a train station in Amsterdam. I was starving, but all I could afford was the split pea soup - which I didn't even like at the time. Well, good lord, they brought back this soup plate with potatoes, carrots, ham...you could stand the spoon up in it. With that and the roll that came with it, I was stuffed. I will never speak badly about split pea soup. It is life's elixir. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

This grown-ass woman, Kristen, is whining about needing her mom to do things for her that I make my teenagers do themselves. 

I still loathe this woman.

I guess this will be the excuses episode. Wls is not a ticket out if your issues people. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

Probably part of why they eat so much. To combat the anxiety. 

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They don't. They sit in the house and eat. 

Probably both, though one or the other dominates in any given person.    I suppose someone who just overeats due to boredom probably won't eat themselves to 600 pounds.  

• Love 3

Where do Michael and Toni live? ITA Pepper Mostly. Why the Hell make a trip to go to Houston to find out where your weight is? On the other hand, Dr. Now wants to see their progress in person since a lot of his patients are lying liars who tell lies.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Are you trying to kill me with thoughts of legume-based soup?!?!?!?!?!

Just sincerely trying to understand the depth and breadth of your legume-soup-phobia, because that's something I have never encountered before.

I don't eat only three things - fennel, eggplant and cooked onion where it is discernible on its own (like onion rings, sautéed onions as a topping, etc.) - but they don't terrify me. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Guys. No one seems to be "scared" or "nervous". However, everyone "has anxiety"

My daughter and a few other people I know have actual diagnosed anxiety. None of them run around saying ‘I have anxiety’. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 9

Since I'm in Houston, I need to try and go find Dr Nows office. I need to make a pilgrimage. 

Kristen. How about you live where you are now after surgery? Or does that make too much sense? 

• Love 4

Guys. No one seems to be "scared" or "nervous". However, everyone "has anxiety"

Well, it's common to have anxiety when you're on a journey! (I think they said "journey" sixty-seven times in the first twenty minutes of the show.)

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Probably part of why they eat so much. To combat the anxiety. 

When I had the worst of my anxiety/panic attacks I constantly felt like there was a string tied around my neck and I was always waiting for my throat to just close up and kill me. 

It's one way to lose 20 pounds...

• Love 6
Just now, ams1001 said:

When I had the worst of my anxiety/panic attacks I constantly felt like there was a string tied around my neck and I was always waiting for my throat to just close up and kill me. 

It's one way to lose 20 pounds...

Yikes! Not a good way, for sure! Hope you're not having any more panic attacks now. 

• Love 2