Type keyword(s) to search

Dina Manzo: The Bitch is Back

• Start Topic

Dina Manzo, the youngest of 11 children, was born in Brooklyn, NY. From the age of six, she has called the suburbs of New Jersey her home. While raised Catholic, the journey of adulthood inspired her to dive deeper into spirituality, exploring many traditions and paths to peace. This spiritual energy is at the heart everything she does -- from running her design and event planning company, to giving back to the community, and of course raising her beautiful 18-year-old daughter, Alexia.

Motherhood and her passion for philanthropy inspired her to proudly found Project Ladybug, a 501c3 non-profit organization. To date, Project Ladybug has raised over one million dollars to help children with cancer. Dina also has great love for the care and protection of animals. Her two-legged rescue pup, Gracie, inspires her each day to be a dedicated advocate for animal adoption and rescue.

After appearing on Season 1 and part of Season 2 of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Dina took a break from Bravo. She took advantage of this quality time to focus on Alexia, to grow Project Ladybug, and to enjoy two seasons of her own show on HGTV called Dina's Party. She returns to Bravo with renewed enthusiasm, a desire to share her personal growth, and a hope that others will be inspired to start, or continue, their own journey.

They didn't mention Dina and Tommy on Platinum Weddings where we and the whole world found out that Tommy is a serial cheater.

In the sneak peek, Dina trots out the old frat boy joke: Don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

Oh Dina.  I did not miss you.

• Love 5

Typically, first looks and sneek peeks of these Housewives shows get me excited for what's to come. I was mildly intrigued to watch Dina's (and Grandma Wrinkles's) return. However, all that was quickly washed away when those awful Twins and The Other One came on my screen. Bleghgh. New Jersey just might be the first franchise I delete from my TiVo schedule.

• Love 1

That was a cat? I thought it was a chihuahua.

One question. What is the name of Dina's two legged cat?

I am going with Aviva.

Per the article quoted by Stinger97 on 5/14:  "Her two-legged rescue pup, Gracie, inspires her each day to be a dedicated advocate for animal adoption and rescue."

Doesn't she also have that sphynx cat, Grandma Wrinkles?

I think so, unless she had two of them.

One was featured walking around on a table (dining room table over dinner, I think?), and the subject of her cleaning the cat's anal glands came up.

Keep it tacky, RHoNJ, keep it tacky.  

• Love 3

Doesn't she also have that sphynx cat, Grandma Wrinkles?

Not sure Grandma Wrinkles still lives with Dina.  She did marry Giggy on WWHL a few years back. 

• Love 2

After watching the preview, I think I'm out. This is the only RH show I watch, mostly to snark on the tacky low class losers. But, damn, these three new bitches are the worst! They're rather repulsive and I have no interest  in watching them manufacture drama just to garner air time.

As for Dina, didn't she always try to act like she was above all this shit, and that she left the show because the drama was too much? WTF would she want to come back on the show and be forced to hang with these idiots she doesn't even know and has nothing in common with? Oh, yeah, that's right....money. You couldn't pay me enough money to take part in this crap.

• Love 1

I think Dina also uses this show to promote her charity.  In the years she was on the show, her charity events sold out and were gigantic.  After she left the show, they still did well, but not to the same extent.  Being on the show does give her a bit of cache as she tries to sell tickets and she can include some of the ho-wives to sweeten the pot.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes, I can see how she uses the show to bring attention to her charity and sell tickets. Although, as far as I'm concerned, if anyone from one of the charities I'm involved with ended up on a POS show like RH and surrounded themselves with pigs like this, I'd have second thoughts about being affiliated in any way with that charity. You're known by the company you keep, so I'd have to wonder why Dina would want to be involved with these uncivilized a-holes.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

So after watching the sneak peek last night, do the Bravo gods really expect us to believe that Melissa and Teresa are now good buddies and in such a "good place" and the 3 new chicks are taking the place of the table flipping howler monkeys. I loved how the camera's kept cutting to the looks on Melissa and T's faces as if they were in shock at the behavior of these new idiots. Realllllyyyyyy..... we are actually supposed to buying into this crap? 

• Love 2

The only way that marriage would last is separate residences.  :-)

At least separate bedrooms & bathrooms!

So after watching the sneak peek last night, do the Bravo gods really expect us to believe that Melissa and Teresa are now good buddies and in such a "good place" and the 3 new chicks are taking the place of the table flipping howler monkeys. I loved how the camera's kept cutting to the looks on Melissa and T's faces as if they were in shock at the behavior of these new idiots. Realllllyyyyyy..... we are actually supposed to buying into this crap? 

I think the 2 of them were faking it previously so I wouldn't be too surprised.  Faux reality.

I think Dina also uses this show to promote her charity.  In the years she was on the show, her charity events sold out and were gigantic.  After she left the show, they still did well, but not to the same extent.  Being on the show does give her a bit of cache as she tries to sell tickets and she can include some of the ho-wives to sweeten the pot.  

Did Dina ever file for 501©3 status for Project Ladybug?  I looked it up when she first started on the show and she had been having fundraisers for a few years but never registered the charity.

(edited)

Motherhood and her passion for philanthropy inspired her to proudly found Project Ladybug, a 501c3 non-profit organization.

That's from this Bravo bio about Dina:  http://www.bravotv.com/people/dina-manzo/bio

If I recall correctly, there was a whole lot of speculation about Project Ladybug and its lack of being a registered charity when this show first started airing.

I find it pretty amusing that now Bravo and/or Dina are going out of their way to make sure the viewers know it's now above-board, whereas before it was looking a bit shady.  I guess they want to shut down any speculation before the season gets started so they can focus on more important things.  Like those s****** twins and that new shrieking asshole.  

Edited by Persnickety1

Does anybody know why Dina and Caroline stopped talking like, 3 years ago?  Although I'm excited for the return of the show, I was also giving the new cast mates the side-eye through the preview. I liked the fact that the old cast were actual friends and family and had real life bonds with one another, it gave the show more of a real feeling.  Watching Teresa, Melissa and Dina interact with these random women (especially when Teresa is going through these legal issues like someone said upthread) is just going to feel...artificial.

• Love 1

I'd love to know what the deal is between Dina and Caroline. I might have missed something because I skipped a season or two in the middle somewhere before I got pulled back in.

I think it had something to do with Dina staying friends with Teresa. Of course, I'm not sure what all was the cause of the fight between Caroline and Teresa in the first place. Caroline has always had a habit of going on the reunion shows implying that next level shit is going on off camera, but refusing to give any specifics.

I'm hoping Dina answers some my questions this season. I always liked her, but never really understood what was going on with her. What was the deal with her and Danielle? Why did Danielle seem obsessive about her in S1? What had Danielle done to her that everyone was so upset about at the first reunion? Why did she leave the show? Why did she stop speaking to Caroline? Why did I always get a tense vibe between Dina and Jacquline? Dina, woman of mystery.

• Love 2

Of course, I'm not sure what all was the cause of the fight between Caroline and Teresa in the first place

I believe Caro is upset with Teresa due to the fight that happened down in Punta Cana {is that right--I don't remember} and her precious boys were arrested.  Altho that was never addressed on the show it garnered publicity.

I think it had something to do with Dina staying friends with Teresa. Of course, I'm not sure what all was the cause of the fight between Caroline and Teresa in the first place. Caroline has always had a habit of going on the reunion shows implying that next level shit is going on off camera, but refusing to give any specifics.

I'm hoping Dina answers some my questions this season. I always liked her, but never really understood what was going on with her. What was the deal with her and Danielle? Why did Danielle seem obsessive about her in S1? What had Danielle done to her that everyone was so upset about at the first reunion? Why did she leave the show? Why did she stop speaking to Caroline? Why did I always get a tense vibe between Dina and Jacquline? Dina, woman of mystery.

Many believe that Dina left the show because Bravo discovered that Dina had forged her ex-husband's signature on the form that permitted Lexie to be shown.  Remember Caroline hysterically accusing Danielle of doing something that endangered Dina's custody?  I believe that Jacqueline probably told Danielle about the forgery, and Danielle took it from there.  It would also explain the bad blood between Jacqueline and Dina.

Many believe that Dina left the show because Bravo discovered that Dina had forged her ex-husband's signature on the form that permitted Lexie to be shown. Remember Caroline hysterically accusing Danielle of doing something that endangered Dina's custody? I believe that Jacqueline probably told Danielle about the forgery, and Danielle took it from there. It would also explain the bad blood between Jacqueline and Dina.

Huh. What a thing to think you're going to get away with. I mean NJ was the 3 or 4 franchise? Her ex would find out once the show aired. And did she really think that her daughter wouldn't ever mention she was being filmed for a TV show? They were filming while the girl went to Greece to visits her father! I'm sure it would have come up.

If that's all accurate. It's not that I don't think Dina is capable of this, it's just that Danielle is crazy and I've always gotten a really shifty vibe from Jacq. Between everyone in this group, who knows what the truth is?

I always liked Dina so I'm excited for her return.  Is she the first housewife to ever leave and come back?

I always liked her too.  I don't think she's without faults, but I've always found her to be entertaining and I enjoyed her interactions with Lexi.  I think she's fun to watch, and I can't say that about too many HW's in any of the franchises anymore.  I'm not at all interested in the new cast members - They're way too stereotypical for me.  So I'm counting on Dina to keep me interested, because otherwise I'm out.

• Love 2

I was under the impression that when Dina walked from NJ she had expected Caroline and Jacqueline to walk with her as a way of getting rid of Danielle.  Dina has also said she didn't feel the support of Jacqueline and Caroline for her dreaded HGTV series.  The last straw as I understand it was Bravo filming the wedding of her brother and she had wanted to do the wedding as part of her HGTV series. 

I didn't blame Caroline for being upset with fake Dina when she took Teresa in.  I always found it odd that after becoming the Godmother to Teresa's youngest she went a year without contact.  Something tells me this season there will be any number of references by Dina to Caroline and Jacqueline and they won't be positive.

• Love 1
One question. What is the name of Dina's two legged cat?

I am going with Aviva.

I choked on my morning yogurt.

And I'm going to hell for laughing.

I always liked Dina so I'm excited for her return.  Is she the first housewife to ever leave and come back?

Dina was cool with me. I think she has a more laidback personality and occasionally gets wound up but never to the extent of Teresa, Danielle or even her sister. I've never really seen this big "b!tch" that she alluded to in her Season 1 tagline. Alexia from Miami housewives was the first to leave Season 1 and return fulltime Season 3 did but not many really care about them so whatevs, I guess.

• Love 1

That's from this Bravo bio about Dina:  http://www.bravotv.com/people/dina-manzo/bio

If I recall correctly, there was a whole lot of speculation about Project Ladybug and its lack of being a registered charity when this show first started airing.

I find it pretty amusing that now Bravo and/or Dina are going out of their way to make sure the viewers know it's now above-board, whereas before it was looking a bit shady.  I guess they want to shut down any speculation before the season gets started so they can focus on more important things.  Like those s****** twins and that new shrieking asshole.  

It was registered in 2009.  Looks like she did it after catching flack - she had been running it for years prior to being on RHoNJ.  Better late than never I guess.  Here's the link to the charity website checker:

http://501c3lookup.org/PROJECT_LADYBUG_INC/

Does anybody know why Dina and Caroline stopped talking like, 3 years ago?  Although I'm excited for the return of the show, I was also giving the new cast mates the side-eye through the preview. I liked the fact that the old cast were actual friends and family and had real life bonds with one another, it gave the show more of a real feeling.  Watching Teresa, Melissa and Dina interact with these random women (especially when Teresa is going through these legal issues like someone said upthread) is just going to feel...artificial.

I think it was because Dina didn't feel Caroline had her back over a lot of things.  The Danielle thing, the book thing, the cheating husband thing.  Caroline is insufferable but Dina is so childish.  I think Dina is the baby out of 11 kids?

Dina was cool with me. I think she has a more laidback personality and occasionally gets wound up but never to the extent of Teresa, Danielle or even her sister. I've never really seen this big "b!tch" that she alluded to in her Season 1 tagline. Alexia from Miami housewives was the first to leave Season 1 and return fulltime Season 3 did but not many really care about them so whatevs, I guess.

Alexia was still a friend Season 2 and returned full time Season 3.  Dina left completely for how many Seasons (3? altogether) and came back.  So myself, I would say Dina is the first to leave and come back.

I think it was because Dina didn't feel Caroline had her back over a lot of things.  The Danielle thing, the book thing, the cheating husband thing.  Caroline is insufferable but Dina is so childish.  I think Dina is the baby out of 11 kids?

I don't know how she could think Caro didn't have her back when Caro took FULL responsibility for the book thing. And she was probably lying. But she was playing the big sister, and covering for her baby sister. I don't know what the real reason for their estrangement is, but if any of the things speculated on here are true, Dina just sounds like an entitled, unappreciative ass. I've always liked Caroline. She has her faults, to be sure. But I do like how she always refuses to discuss what the deal is between her and Dina (even though I really want to KNOW!). 

• Love 5

If Danielle is to be believed, she has "confirmed" that Dina forged her ex's signature.  She did not seek out her ex, as the Manzo sisters seemed to imply.  She was friends with the ex's sister who asked her if she had to have her ex's signature to have her girls on the show. The father was apparently not happy to see Lexi on the show and Danielle told the exSIL who to talk to on the show... 

Dina dumped her sister after she left the show season 2 -- while Caroline and Teresa were still "pals".  I believe the story is true that Dina was peeved that Caroline didn't leave, or even threaten to leave when she was let go.

Caroline let that whack "designer" destroy her home (or I would see it as aesthetically destroyed if I was in Caroline's shoes).  She gave Dina and Lexi a place to live after her divorce.  She put Dina in Tommy's path (and helped guilt/browbeat him to the altar?).  I think Dina is loyal to Dina.

• Love 3

If Danielle is to be believed, she has "confirmed" that Dina forged her ex's signature. She did not seek out her ex, as the Manzo sisters seemed to imply. She was friends with the ex's sister who asked her if she had to have her ex's signature to have her girls on the show. The father was apparently not happy to see Lexi on the show and Danielle told the exSIL who to talk to on the show...

Dina dumped her sister after she left the show season 2 -- while Caroline and Teresa were still "pals". I believe the story is true that Dina was peeved that Caroline didn't leave, or even threaten to leave when she was let go.

Caroline let that whack "designer" destroy her home (or I would see it as aesthetically destroyed if I was in Caroline's shoes). She gave Dina and Lexi a place to live after her divorce. She put Dina in Tommy's path (and helped guilt/browbeat him to the altar?). I think Dina is loyal to Dina.

Not to get into a custody debate, but... Ok I trust Danielle zero and Lexi's father was living in Greece, I think? Did Dina need his signature? I was under the impression that Dina was not only the custodial parent, but had full custody. It might have been reasonable in those circumstances to think she didn't need his signature. I always thought that Dina thought whatever their custody arrangement was she could sign without him (I base this less on thinking Dina is a paragon of virtue and more on the idea that Bravo has a legal team that would be fairly well versed in this kind of thing). I think Danielle contacted the ex and encouraged him to make a stink and I kind of think she did this while Lexi was in Greece. That would explain why it was such a big deal. Because really otherwise it's not. So Lexi can't be on the show. Lots of other cast members have similar situations (Sonja on NY). I think the issue was that Danielle purposely stirred up a hornet's nest of some sort while Lexi was out of the country and the father maybe implied that he just wouldn't put her back on the plane to NJ if he didn't get his way or part of the Bravo money or something like that.

As for Dina and Caroline, I have no idea.

(edited)

If Danielle is to be believed, she has "confirmed" that Dina forged her ex's signature.  She did not seek out her ex, as the Manzo sisters seemed to imply.  She was friends with the ex's sister who asked her if she had to have her ex's signature to have her girls on the show. The father was apparently not happy to see Lexi on the show and Danielle told the exSIL who to talk to on the show... 

…I remember reading this too…the only thing I've ever read from Dina is her saying Danielle lied with her version of events, but she doesn't clarify the events, so I'm still taking Danielle's side on this.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
(edited)

Hi Fuzzybear.  If I remember correctly, Lexi's father lives in NJ. He is originally from Greece and is now remarried.  He and is wife run his spa in Wayne, NJ.  He takes Lexi to Greece every summer (if I remember the trip to Greece, accurately) to visit his family.  I don't know how much of his family is in NJ, but he, his wife, and sister are supposed to be - which I guess allows Danielle to claim she has been close to his sister all these years.  

Not sure that I believe the Manzo sisters story.  Who would have tipped Danielle off that the father didn't sign a release?  I can't see a Bravo producer doing it because of the legal implications for the network. They didn't use it for storyline purposes because no one would name the horrible thing Danielle did and it even took her more than a season to realize what they were talking about (initially she thought it was that lawyer and payment B.S. but that amount of anger seemed disproportionate to the outrage the Manzo women expressed).  If Dina did nothing wrong, I would think they could shout from the rooftops about her innocence and the awful evil bad bad thing Danielle attempted to accomplish.  They pointed a finger and remained mum.

If Dina was as hungry for fame as her reality show hopping seemed to suggest, I can imagine she was furious that Caroline continued on and dared to put her husband and children, first, and not Dina.  The Brownstone was getting lots of free publicity and her children were getting tons of offers they most likely wouldn't have had otherwise.  I would think it was unreasonable to want my sibling to walk away.

Edited by badbolocolo
  • Love 2

Hi Fuzzybear. If I remember correctly, Lexi's father lives in NJ. He is originally from Greece and is now remarried. He and is wife run his spa in Wayne, NJ. He takes Lexi to Greece every summer (if I remember the trip to Greece, accurately) to visit his family. I don't know how much of his family is in NJ, but he, his wife, and sister are supposed to be - which I guess allows Danielle to claim she has been close to his sister all these years.

Not sure that I believe the Manzo sisters story. Who would have tipped Danielle off that the father didn't sign a release? I can't see a Bravo producer doing it because of the legal implications for the network. They didn't use it for storyline purposes because no one would name the horrible thing Danielle did and it even took her more than a season to realize what they were talking about (initially she thought it was that lawyer and payment B.S. but that amount of anger seemed disproportionate to the outrage the Manzo women expressed). If Dina did nothing wrong, I would think they could shout from the rooftops about her innocence and the awful evil bad bad thing Danielle attempted to accomplish. They pointed a finger and remained mum.

If Dina was as hungry for fame as her reality show hopping seemed to suggest, I can imagine she was furious that Caroline continued on and dared to put her husband and children, first, and not Dina. The Brownstone was getting lots of free publicity and her children were getting tons of offers they most likely wouldn't have had otherwise. I would think it was unreasonable to want my sibling to walk away.

Not that I disbelieve anything, but if Lexi's father lives in NJ that makes even less sense. My thing was always how on earth would Dina think she wouldn't get caught? If Lexi's father lived in another country it made more sense that Dina might think he wouldn't find out and wouldn't be able to do much if he did. I think that's why I thought he lived in Greece. If he lived in NJ?!?!? 20 minutes away?!?!? WTF?!?! How could he not know? I mean, seriously? "So Lexi, what did you do with your mom last week?" "Filmed a TV show for Bravo, Dad!" Plus that area of NJ isn't exactly a hotbed of excitement. I'm sure there was local press about Bravo filming a show centered around local family THE MANZOS! How on earth could he not know? Man, I need a Bravo detective to get me the story on this. That just makes no sense at all.

• Love 1

Hi Fuzzybear.  If I remember correctly, Lexi's father lives in NJ. He is originally from Greece and is now remarried.  He and is wife run his spa in Wayne, NJ.  He takes Lexi to Greece every summer (if I remember the trip to Greece, accurately) to visit his family.  I don't know how much of his family is in NJ, but he, his wife, and sister are supposed to be - which I guess allows Danielle to claim she has been close to his sister all these years.  

Not sure that I believe the Manzo sisters story.  Who would have tipped Danielle off that the father didn't sign a release?  I can't see a Bravo producer doing it because of the legal implications for the network. They didn't use it for storyline purposes because no one would name the horrible thing Danielle did and it even took her more than a season to realize what they were talking about (initially she thought it was that lawyer and payment B.S. but that amount of anger seemed disproportionate to the outrage the Manzo women expressed).  If Dina did nothing wrong, I would think they could shout from the rooftops about her innocence and the awful evil bad bad thing Danielle attempted to accomplish.  They pointed a finger and remained mum.

If Dina was as hungry for fame as her reality show hopping seemed to suggest, I can imagine she was furious that Caroline continued on and dared to put her husband and children, first, and not Dina.  The Brownstone was getting lots of free publicity and her children were getting tons of offers they most likely wouldn't have had otherwise.  I would think it was unreasonable to want my sibling to walk away.

…I'm going to second and support badbolocolo's explanation of events, because thats exactly what I read or heard a good few years back.  I didn't remember the specifics, but I remembered somebody from the ex-husbands camp…I didn't remember sister, but you filled in the missing puzzle pieces for me.

I don't recall who but I do remember one of the wives…not Danielle…mentioning the lawyer things and that's where some of the issues maybe originated.

(edited)

Did Caroline and Dina have a falling out after Caroline turned on Theresa while Dina remained her friend? Or maybe it has something to do with Dina leaving Tommy, or however their divorce went down.

Edited by candy moocher

I can believe Dina thought she could get away with having Lexie on the show.  It was the second reality show for the poor kid.  She probably used some excuse like being the custodial parent gave her the right to make decisions for Lexie.  From Danielle's story, I get the feeling that the family was upset to see her on yet another show and got desperate enough to ask.  Dina shaming herself on "My Big Fat Wedding" was one thing, dragging Lexie along for the ride had to be another. Teresa's table flipping scene on RHONJ probably didn't help.

• Love 2

I think Dina was pissed that Caroline and Jac stayed on the show when she quit or wouldn't threaten to quit with her.  Then Caroline snagged the wedding of their gay brother Jaime for RH instead of Dina's new show on HG.  Also Danielle "confirmed" on twitter that Jac was feeding fans tidbits that the Ladybug charity wasn't on the up and up and didn't have the 501c3 yet.   Now Dina was giving the $ to charity, but she hadn't finalized the IRS papers yet.  So I think she had a ton of reasons to hate those hags.  Not that she isn't haggish herself at times.

I think Dina was pissed that Caroline and Jac stayed on the show when she quit or wouldn't threaten to quit with her. Then Caroline snagged the wedding of their gay brother Jaime for RH instead of Dina's new show on HG. Also Danielle "confirmed" on twitter that Jac was feeding fans tidbits that the Ladybug charity wasn't on the up and up and didn't have the 501c3 yet. Now Dina was giving the $ to charity, but she hadn't finalized the IRS papers yet. So I think she had a ton of reasons to hate those hags. Not that she isn't haggish herself at times.

So much of that I could chuckle at as the housewives continue on with their silly jealousies and teenage concepts of loyalty, but Damn Jaq! That is some cold bitch shit you pulled. Purposely trying to get the IRS all over you SIL's charity, especially if you knew everything was going according to plan but they filed paperwork late. Jaq is such a little sneaky little Gretchen Weiner. I would love some stories about what the family really thought of her when Chris brought her home. I kind of got the impression that the term "gold-digger stripper" might have been tossed out a few times.

• Love 3

kind of got the impression that the term "gold-digger stripper" might have been tossed out a few times.

Oh no, she was a "make up artist/model" cough cough. with giant boobs that I'm sure were a deduction for business expense when she paid taxes!

Wait a minute that was a dog?

I have to get new glasses.

I thought it was a cat too. Then they showed it in it's two-wheeler harness. I always dug those freaky looking cats.

• Love 1