Type keyword(s) to search

Dina Manzo: The Bitch is Back

• Start Topic

Not that I disbelieve anything, but if Lexi's father lives in NJ that makes even less sense. My thing was always how on earth would Dina think she wouldn't get caught? If Lexi's father lived in another country it made more sense that Dina might think he wouldn't find out and wouldn't be able to do much if he did. I think that's why I thought he lived in Greece. If he lived in NJ?!?!? 20 minutes away?!?!? WTF?!?! How could he not know? I mean, seriously? "So Lexi, what did you do with your mom last week?" "Filmed a TV show for Bravo, Dad!" Plus that area of NJ isn't exactly a hotbed of excitement. I'm sure there was local press about Bravo filming a show centered around local family THE MANZOS! How on earth could he not know? Man, I need a Bravo detective to get me the story on this. That just makes no sense at all.

These people just aren't smart. Maybe the dad didn't know she even needed his permission or he had any say in what she did while at her Mom's. This id NJ we are discussing.

From the Project Ladybug website:

This non-profit organization was founded by  Dina Manzo, mother, philanthropist, reality star, and the epitome of the modern day wonder-woman. Dina Manzo is the “Mother-ladybug” who shelters young children suffering from life-threatening illnesses under her wings.
In 2007 Dina Manzo started Project Ladybug with a wish to bring financial and emotional hope to children and their families undergoing rigorous medical treatments. Dina’s dream to establish her own organization stemmed from her father’s similar ambitions. With the support of her own little ladybug, daughter Lexi, Dina earned her wings when she launched her first fund at St. Joseph’s Regional Hospital in Paterson, NJ. In 2010 Project Ladybug reached the high accredited hospital Memorial Sloan-Kettering in the form of Julien’s Project Ladybug Fund. Dina’s most recent extension, Atia’s Project Ladybug Fund opened just in time for Christmas at Comer Children’s Hospital in Chicago.
With three funds, now 501c3 certified, across the country and more to open in the next few years, Dina’s influence as a mother seems to not only resonate with her daughter, but with the many “manbugs” and “ladybugs” she has adopted in her heart. For many years, while Dina worked two jobs as a single-mom, she continued to instill many notable teachings in Lexi, such as to always believe in yourself, keep family close to your heart and give to others as much as you can. These very teachings are the foundation of Project Ladybug’s successes.
With her unrelenting will to give and the determination to fight to protect the spirit of her daughter and the children of Project Ladybug, Dina Manzo looks to do it all and gets closer each day to achieving just that.

So Dina started it in 2007 and filed paperwork in 2009.  Only 2 years not as long as I had thought.

From the Project Ladybug website:

So Dina started it in 2007 and filed paperwork in 2009. Only 2 years not as long as I had thought.

Yeah, I'm not excusing anything. Those forms are important and plenty of people try to get around the rules of a charity just for the tax advantage. But 2 years is not that long, especially if she started it herself. It could have been very small and informal at the beginning. I'm just going to go ahead and say Jaq was a bitch about this.

• Love 1

I think Jacq may be "bitchy" because she has been dealing with the real Dina for so long.  I can imagine that Caroline protected Dina as she did the entire time Jacq knew her (and Caroline was not nice to Jacq initially, from the story about why Jacq slapped Caroline).  That twitter exchange between the two (shutting Dina down) makes me wonder what hell Dina put Jacqueline through.

• Love 1
(edited)

That twitter exchange between the two (shutting Dina down) makes me wonder what hell Dina put Jacqueline through.

Whatever it was it wasn't enough. I'm sure that drunk, crazy, Las Vegas goldigging hooker deserved it. Dina and Caro probably saw Jac for what she was, a tramp using their brother for money.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 6

Because Dina was always so vague and didn't want to talk about it at that reunion, I suspect that Lexi's father didn't know that he had to give permission since Dina seems to have primary custody of Lexi.  So this is why she wasn't worried about Lexi being on the show.  When it got back to him through Danielle that he was supposed to sign a release (which Dina may have forged), that's when it hit the fan.  Dina wanted off but Caroline and Jac stayed.  Dina, being the spoiled child she is, has not 'forgiven' them.  IIRC, Dina's HGTV show was already in the works and she really had nothing to lose by leaving.  I don't blame Caroline and Jac for not giving up the show.  Of course, I could be totally wrong on all of this.

(edited)

And yet, Jac's marriage has lasted longer than both of Dina's.

I don't know much about Dina having missed the seasons she was on NJ so I don't know what happened with her first marriage only that she says she's divorcing current husband because he's a cheater. I think Jac will stay married to Chris no matter what (rumor is he has cheated) because she wants the money. We'll see what happens once that's all gone given their current financial and legal troubles. Supposedly Chris is afraid to leave Jac for fear of what will happen to his kids left in the care of Jac. Just because Dina may have flaws (again, don't know much about her) doesn't mean Jac isn't a total drunk nutcase and horrible person. That's how she came off to me on screen and on Twitter.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 3
(edited)

And yet, Jac's marriage has lasted longer than both of Dina's.

F'love!  Dina might want to ask Jacq for help, instead of continuing to buy her own press. I wonder if Dina's personality is flat only on television.  She can't be that dull in person, right?  Please?  Give a girl some hope!

I don't buy Dina leaving the guy because he was a cheater. He was a cheater when she dated him and seemed to be up until she married him.  Maybe she hoped he would stop.  Given the difference in relationships I see Jacq's marriage as real.  Her husband is on film with her.  He stands up for her even against his lying sisters (and he knew they were lying).  He Had Caroline back off of his wife.  Dina has a rocky relationship, it seems, with ex 1, and her then husband, ex 2,  didn't want to be seen on film with her.

I also don't buy that Dina loves money less than Jacqueline. Jacqueline doesn't live an expensive, outrageous lifestyle, that I remember.  I don't think we've ever seen her shop until she dropped.  She wouldn't even buy Ashley a car - Chris did it.  She doesn't fill her house with crap, like Dina does - I hate when they film inside Dina's home.  I've always been distracted by the tables chock full of crap everywhere.

Edited by badbolocolo
  • Love 1

Jacqueline doesn't live an expensive, outrageous lifestyle, that I remember.

Stealing nearly $8 mil to support your lifestyle sounds like a pretty expensive, outrageous lifestyle to me, LOL! As I said, I didn't see the early Dina so my opinion of her thus far is neutral, but if she doesn't like or get along with Jac I can totally understand why.

• Love 3
I don't buy Dina leaving the guy because he was a cheater. He was a cheater when she dated him and seemed to be up until she married him.

I don't buy it either, considering she hasn't entirely left the guy. Apparently they're still hooking up. And I didn't quite understand her vague references to young girls with big boobs and pocketbooks. It almost sounded if there was an acceptable level of crossing the lines in their relationship, and recently he just blew right past it? I shake my head trying to figure out her situation...

• Love 1

I think he is afraid to leave her because he knows what her modus operandus (bad Greek, I know) is. If you cross her SHE BLABS your business. And I am sure he doesn't want his secrets blasted on Twitter.

Greek so bad it's Latin.

• Love 2

Hahaha! I knew I was wrong with everything! I sorta just did some googling and I was kind of right about the words modus operandus, but guess it should be operandi, and also should have just used M.O. to get my point across. As for the Greek? I guess I have watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding way to many times and Greek stuck in my brain. Y'all are lucky I didn't spray the Windex!

So annoying! If anyone here wears them, WHY do you wear them? If there is a reason I would like to know, in all seriousness.

I know right? Very teenage girlish to me.

I don't buy Dina leaving the guy because he was a cheater. He was a cheater when she dated him and seemed to be up until she married him.  

Yep, Tommy's cheating was no biggie as long as Dina got her million-dollar wedding and a tv show gig to showcase it. She's the very definition of a gold-digging famewhore.

• Love 2

Yep, Tommy's cheating was no biggie as long as Dina got her million-dollar wedding and a tv show gig to showcase it. She's the very definition of a gold-digging famewhore.

This is New Jersey so that would be "gold-digging prostitutionfamewhore"............

• Love 3

They didn't mention Dina and Tommy on Platinum Weddings where we and the whole world found out that Tommy is a serial cheater.

I never watched the Platinum Weddings show but remember it being advertised on tv. Was it about famous peoples' weddings? Why were Dina and her husband on this? Were they famous or in the public eye before RHWNJ?

Thanks for the link LuckyBitch. I just watched it. I can't believe people spend that much money on a wedding! That's crazy!! Even if I were rich I could never ever stomach spending that much money for one night even if it was my wedding. Where did they get that much money? I know the Brownstone does well but does it do that well that one of the partners can spend over $1 mil on a wedding? Did Dina have a lot of money from her business? I thought Dina looked pretty but I didn't like her dress or bouquet.  An unlimited budget and that's what she picked? I saw Lauren in the background of the wedding dress shopping scene. A sour faced little bitch even back then.

A poster in the main thread told me seasons 1 and 2 of NJ are on Hulu. I need to watch them this weekend. I've never seen them before and want to see how this franchise started out, esp with Dina being back.

• Love 1
(edited)

Stealing nearly $8 mil to support your lifestyle sounds like a pretty expensive, outrageous lifestyle to me, LOL! As I said, I didn't see the early Dina so my opinion of her thus far is neutral, but if she doesn't like or get along with Jac I can totally understand why.

They reportedly took that much money out of the company, but unless they were spending like drunken sailors, I don't remember them doing anything crazy.  I can see where the Giudices spent their money (tons of luxury cars, huge monster house full of expensive tacky finishes), designer clothes and shoes, garish furniture, and giving designer dishware, multiple homes).  The Lauritas are discreet if they spent all that 8 million. I applaud them for not buying a Flintstone style beach house (and since I think JoeGi looks like Barney Rubble, the house seems to fit).

Has the court decided that CL was within his right to take that money from the company?  No matter what the court decides, I'm much too curious about what they did with the money.  The Giudices are flashy. I wonder is the Lauritas banked their cash.

I don't buy it either, considering she hasn't entirely left the guy. Apparently they're still hooking up. And I didn't quite understand her vague references to young girls with big boobs and pocketbooks. It almost sounded if there was an acceptable level of crossing the lines in their relationship, and recently he just blew right past it? I shake my head trying to figure out her situation...

Still hooking up?  It's so hard for me to see Dina as anything close to the person she tries to project.  How awful for her if it's true.

Edited by badbolocolo
  • Love 2
Still hooking up?  It's so hard for me to see Dina as anything close to the person she tries to project.  How awful for her if it's true.

She kind of talks in circles, but I swear that's what she said in the first episode - something about them still living together and having sex from time to time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

I know right? Very teenage girlish to me.

My 8 year old cut holes in the cuffs of one of her hoodies to make thumbholes. Oh that kid! Haha. I had no idea it was a real look!

I think the lauritas furnishing are a bit tacky. Also tummy tucks aren't cheap!

• Love 1

Chris was supposedly engaged to Dina's best friend, but hooking up with Jac. Jac got knocked up, most likely on purpose, Chris married her, and therefore Dina and Jac did not get along. This is also why Caroline didn't like her.

I liked Dina calmly calling out the short little bitchy husband of Amber for calling all of them stupid and being so condescending. I liked it even more when she just walked away. 

I also like that she won't drag her problems with Caroline into the show, and that she will openly say that Melissa is one to stir shit, then claim innocent.

• Love 2
I also like that she won't drag her problems with Caroline into the show, and that she will openly say that Melissa is one to stir shit, then claim innocent.

I get the sense that Dina might be parroting what she's heard Teresa say about Melissa.

I get the sense that Dina might be parroting what she's heard Teresa say about Melissa.

Dina's loyalties definitely lie toward Teresa, but by now, I think Dina has had plenty of time to see both sides of the issue. I'm sure she's heard tons about Teresa from Caroline and Jacqueline as well. 

Melissa seems as scared of Dina as she was of Caroline, almost to the verge of butt-kissing.

• Love 1

Oh, wow. I immensely despise Jim, but Dina shouldn't get into this. Then again, Amber is a real idiot if she shared details of their private life with her new "friends", especially reality TV friends.

I bet Tiny Jim will now go after Dina on Twitter.

• Love 2

IRL, is Lexie going to college on the other side of the planet?  You'd think so, from the dramatic way Dina has been handling it.

I read that she's going to Fordham University (Bronx, NY) which Google maps tells me is less than 30 miles from Paterson, NJ.

Oh, wow. I immensely despise Jim, but Dina shouldn't get into this. Then again, Amber is a real idiot if she shared details of their private life with her new "friends", especially reality TV friends.

Normally I would agree. But after the tiny bit of nonsense we've had to suffer from Jim (outing all of Bobby's gripes with Nicole, insinuating Dina has an IQ of 12 or below), I'd say he is fair game. Go for it. Expose it all. The dirtier the better. I have literally never hated anyone on reality tv as quickly as I hated him. He is just awful. 

• Love 4

@ghoulina, you know, I have to agree with you. Jim's a complete a-hole and he deserves whatever's thrown his way. Like you, I have never hated someone on reality TV as much as I hate this punk. He's a bitter, nasty little troll and a famewhore. I would love to see his world fall apart all because he was dying to be on realty TV.

• Love 4

I think Amber is completely stupid if she shared private info about her sex life/family....whatever, with her "tv friends." She seems dumb in general....her own tweets are all either corny or completely stupid and/or naive. She interacts with random tweeters as if they are people she knows. Nobody cares about you Amber...it's baiting. 

• Love 2