Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

I think she's Veronica :D

All the blondes WANT to be Betty but they mostly are a gaggle of Cheryl Blossom's and Dark Bettys. :)

Not that I watch Riverdale, aka the most hilarious fanfiction ever to be a tv show! :D

• Love 2
Just now, Rap541 said:

I think she's Veronica :D

All the blondes WANT to be Betty but they mostly are a gaggle of Cheryl Blossom's and Dark Bettys. :)

Not that I watch Riverdale, aka the most hilarious fanfiction ever to be a tv show! :D

Ok you made me laugh 

• Love 1

So there is one way to interpret all of this where both Bethanny and Carole are being played by Adam.

Bethanny or someone who works for her contacts Adam about whatever the hell were talking about(seriously, I’ve lost track) he says sure then asks about pay. Bethany says there isn’t any. Adam is suddenly busy. Bethany does bring this up to Carole. Carole hears this story somewhere (Ramona is my guess). She asks Adam “did you agree and then back out over money?” and Adam tells Carole that Bethany was hitting on him and he said no and that’s why she’s mad. I sort of always thought Adam lied to Carole about a lot of stuff with Luanne’s niece. Like if Carole heard Adam with still hooking up with the niece and questioned him he’d paint her out to be an obsessed girlfriend who can’t let go. If Adam is always painting other women as stalkers to gloss over his own behavior it might explain some of Carole being so off kilter in the relationship.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I think this would be worth an argument if they were all still at Riverdale High. But in fact, we're talking about adults, two of whom are close to qualifying for AARP. If Carole's beef is that Bethenny contacted her boyfriend behind her back, then Carole is being a paranoid child about her boyfriend (her boyfriend that she MAY not have actually been in a relationship with at the time) because they're all adults and Bethenny is a lot of things that aren't very nice but "stealing your boyfriend" seems extremely unlikely and laughable. I frankly never got the vibe she liked Adam beyond "Carole seems to like him so...."

And if this is really the issue - that Bethenny emailed Carole's boyfriend and Carole never knew until later... well, why exactly is Adam not facing her ire? Bethenny emailed him behind Carole's back and he didn't immediately tell Carole?

Oh right, because even though Carole is using language in her blog to suggest Bethenny contacted Adam for a salacious purpose, I think even the die hard "Bethenny is always awful" crowd isn't buying in.

As near as I can tell, the actual argument at the house was over Carole being frustrated that Bethenny was talking to Dorinda about Adam being an operator, and not coming to her with that concern, and a low lying "our relationship seems off and I am concerned". I think she totally owned Bethenny in the ensuing fight but the bitchy blogs months after are not helping her at all. She's coming off like a jealous schoolgirl and there's really no reason for it. I mean, come on, she's bitching about things being said behind her back? I am SURE I have seen Carole do talking heads where she gives bitchy commentary on things her coworkers do without saying them to their faces. 

Like it or not, Beth is still at Riverdale High.  The reality is, for me, if you are close friends, no matter what your age, you give your friend a heads up.  You say hey, just wanted to let you know I'm going to contact your ex to see if he can do so or so.  I don't think that's high school.  That's common courtesy with a friend.

Gosh, when did Carole insinuate that Beth was trying to 'steal' her boyfriend?  I didn't see that at all on the show or in her blog.  I think what bugged Carole is that Beth had a problem with 'her' given her remarks toward Carole during filming.  See last episode, or maybe it was the episode before.  And then Doris tells Carole about Beth's comments about Adam.  At that point, Carole really doesn't know what Beth's problem is and all she wanted to do is find out what the heck was going on.  Carole is absolutely right about not saying anything negative about Beth and she, at the time, was wtf is going on.

• Love 18
(edited)
5 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Like it or not, Beth is still at Riverdale High.  The reality is, for me, if you are close friends, no matter what your age, you give your friend a heads up.  You say hey, just wanted to let you know I'm going to contact your ex to see if he can do so or so.  I don't think that's high school.  That's common courtesy with a friend.

Gosh, when did Carole insinuate that Beth was trying to 'steal' her boyfriend?  I didn't see that at all on the show or in her blog.  I think what bugged Carole is that Beth had a problem with 'her' given her remarks toward Carole during filming.  See last episode, or maybe it was the episode before.  And then Doris tells Carole about Beth's comments about Adam.  At that point, Carole really doesn't know what Beth's problem is and all she wanted to do is find out what the heck was going on.  Carole is absolutely right about not saying anything negative about Beth and she, at the time, was wtf is going on.

All this .....how very :)

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
(edited)
15 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Ex, yes. Current, no. As in if I were to contact a good friends ex I would probably give them a heads up(probably. It depends on the circumstances). If I was contacting a friends current boyfriend, maybe not. It might not occurs to me if it didn’t come up. I call my best friends husband about this and that on ocassion. It’s not a secret but I don’t always think about telling her.  I was under the impression Carole and Adam were together at this point and it’s possible Bethany wouldn’t have thought of it as going behind Carole's back, just reaching out to a friend.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

at this point and it’s possible Bethany wouldn’t have thought of it as going behind Carokes back, just reaching out to a friend.

But according to Bethany she didn’t reach out somehow he got a psychic message from the great beyond. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12
(edited)

Gosh, when did Carole insinuate that Beth was trying to 'steal' her boyfriend?  I didn't see that at all on the show or in her blog. 

The insinuation is on the blog she wrote. The "To be nice or not nice" one - "Spoiler Alert: What would you do if your friend called your boyfriend, secretly behind your back, and asked him to go to Houston with her? Yeah, that happened."

Now yes, it did happen but Carole is clearly suggesting something other than "Bethenny approached Adam for a professional job".

I agree that Bethenny could have been more courteous but Adam may have been an ex at that point, and it's not as though Bethenny was asking him out on a date. The friend thing goes both ways - Bethenny could have asked and Carole could have considered how necessary it really is for her to have Bethenny clear potential job offers to Adam thru her. 

My honest suspicion is that this fight *on the show* isn't that big of a deal - a tempest at the Berserkshires that blows over with Carole and Bethenny being a bit less besty with each other. I could be wrong, I freely admit that - but the blogs paint Carole as a wee bit immature and kinda obsessed with Adam, and the line about her girlfriend secretly trying to get her boyfriend on a trip is a pretty immature way to handle things. 

eta - I think Carole gave Bethenny a well earned smack in the episode and it was fun to watch. The blogs tho? Make Carole look like the kook to me. But then I am someone who watches Riverdale so... :)

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 3

On a totally different subject, did anybody else notice how sparsely decorated LuAnn and Sonja's room was at Dorinda's house?  It looked like 2 full-size beds scrunched up together with some large fish on the wall, and maybe one or two small chest of drawers.  Maybe a TV?  I can't remember.    It didn't look like the swanky accommodations our LuAnn feels she's entitled to!  I remember seeing this room before, but I don't remember there being 2 beds in there.  I'm surprised that Dorinda didn't decorate every guest bedroom with some of her Christmas decorations.  Maybe this was used as an office by Richard at one time.   

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Aww!    Poor baby Carole!    Did she forget where she was?   This is a Real Housewives show. They all talk about the others in a negative way.    

We'll see what comes out at the reunion but I won't get my hopes up.   The reunions have been disappointing.  

No, Carole made the mistake of believing that she/Bethenny were real life friends, not just show friends. Sadly, Bethenny wasn't her real friend and IMO, that's because Bethenny doesn't know how to be real friends in real life, especially with someone that lives close to her. It seems that the only real friends Bethenny has are those that live in another state where she only sees them a few times a year. The only "real" relationship Bethenny has been able to maintain is with Bryn. Heck, she even breaks up with Dennis every few months or so. She is incapable of having a real, lasting, meaningful relationship with any adult that is in her life on a daily basis other than as their employer.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

On a totally different subject, did anybody else notice how sparsely decorated LuAnn and Sonja's room was at Dorinda's house?  It looked like 2 full-size beds scrunched up together with some large fish on the wall, and maybe one or two small chest of drawers.  Maybe a TV?  I can't remember.    It didn't look like the swanky accommodations our LuAnn feels she's entitled to!  I remember seeing this room before, but I don't remember there being 2 beds in there.  I'm surprised that Dorinda didn't decorate every guest bedroom with some of her Christmas decorations.  Maybe this was used as an office by Richard at one time.   

I did notice it!  The 2nd bed was definitely an ad-lib, lol.  That's the room that I commented about those ghastly green walls.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I think one of the beds was a pull out via a couch/loveseat

• Love 11
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

The insinuation is on the blog she wrote. The "To be nice or not nice" one - "Spoiler Alert: What would you do if your friend called your boyfriend, secretly behind your back, and asked him to go to Houston with her? Yeah, that happened."

Now yes, it did happen but Carole is clearly suggesting something other than "Bethenny approached Adam for a professional job".

I agree that Bethenny could have been more courteous but Adam may have been an ex at that point, and it's not as though Bethenny was asking him out on a date. The friend thing goes both ways - Bethenny could have asked and Carole could have considered how necessary it really is for her to have Bethenny clear potential job offers to Adam thru her. 

My honest suspicion is that this fight *on the show* isn't that big of a deal - a tempest at the Berserkshires that blows over with Carole and Bethenny being a bit less besty with each other. I could be wrong, I freely admit that - but the blogs paint Carole as a wee bit immature and kinda obsessed with Adam, and the line about her girlfriend secretly trying to get her boyfriend on a trip is a pretty immature way to handle things. 

eta - I think Carole gave Bethenny a well earned smack in the episode and it was fun to watch. The blogs tho? Make Carole look like the kook to me. But then I am someone who watches Riverdale so... :)

I really don't think that Carole was insinuating that something else was going on except that you give your friend a heads up.  In that same blog, Carole states:

I’m glad to see my friend Bethenny step outside her affluent bubble, with her stream of rich boyfriends, rich friends with private planes, million dollar homes, and five-star resort vacations. One gets the impression this is the first time she’s witnessed real poverty. It can be life-changing. I know it was for me, many years ago when I first covered tragedies as a journalist. The shock of having, then losing, one's home and all its possessions (and having the guts and dignity to soldier on) is awe-inspiring. It is partly why I quietly give money to charities and political campaigns I believe will make a difference in the world. And why, years ago, I created my own charitable foundation.

Adam certainly doesn't fit in with that and what Carole is trying to point out is that she doesn't understand why Beth didn't respect their friendship and give her a heads up.  Yeah, I don't think it's about insinuation but more about respect for a friendship.  Which Carole thought she had with Beth.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5

Yeah, not agreeing. The line about the girlfriend and the boyfriend was basically click bait for attention, in my opinion, and Carole is theoretically a writer and knows what she is implying. 

I agree btw that ultimately Bethenny would have been more courteous in letting Carole know but I also think Carole has been intentionally muddying the waters in whether she's in a serious relationship with Adam or if he's just the pretty boy who tends her vagina needs. Because she has been playing it as both at different times. Does one really need to check in on contact with a guy she's "just shacking up with"? Carole has sent some mixed signals on her relationship with Adam.

And honestly, I think Carole really needs to think, long and hard, about how if this is really important to her, then why didn't she hear from *Adam* that Bethenny approached him for a job?

I mean, the take the "Bethenny ruined it" aspect away - Carole's boyfriend didn't share this with Carole, Carole had to find out thru a third party that this took place. Sure seems like Adam doesn't respect her either. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

And honestly, I think Carole really needs to think, long and hard, about how if this is really important to her, then why didn't she hear from *Adam* that Bethenny approached him for a job?

I mean, the take the "Bethenny ruined it" aspect away - Carole's boyfriend didn't share this with Carole, Carole had to find out thru a third party that this took place. Sure seems like Adam doesn't respect her either. 

Apparently she did. She said Adam told her about it.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But according to Bethany she didn’t reach out somehow he got a psychic message from the great beyond. 

Maybe Allison DuBois contacted him. LOL

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, not agreeing. The line about the girlfriend and the boyfriend was basically click bait for attention, in my opinion, and Carole is theoretically a writer and knows what she is implying. 

I agree btw that ultimately Bethenny would have been more courteous in letting Carole know but I also think Carole has been intentionally muddying the waters in whether she's in a serious relationship with Adam or if he's just the pretty boy who tends her vagina needs. Because she has been playing it as both at different times. Does one really need to check in on contact with a guy she's "just shacking up with"? Carole has sent some mixed signals on her relationship with Adam.

Carole said that Adam told her all about it and she decided to let it go and not say anything to Bethenny at the time because their friendship was more important. Of course, unknown to Carole was that Bethenny didn't view their friendship as important/valuable as she did. 

• Love 9
On 5/23/2018 at 8:46 PM, geauxaway said:

Snowmies isn’t even a real word, so I really didn’t get the big deal in Ramona not “getting” it immediately.  No need to call her a moron over it.  A couple Christmas’ ago I wore a shirt that said “Meowy Christmas” on it with cats all over it.  Granny did not get it at all until I explained it, but I didn’t bust her cops over it!  “DO YOU GET IT?  DO GET IT?  IT’S SO FUNNY RIGHT???”  

I know, right?! And Bethenny called Ramona a moron BEFORE she didn't get it!

On 5/23/2018 at 9:56 PM, film noire said:

And she also had to tell them the housekeeper was not their personal servant -- I never liked Doris better than in that moment (she made it nice for Len!)

Almost made up for her behaviour earlier in the restaurant, when she was telling Carole about the whole Adam thing -- Dorinda  (already a bit in her cups) spat more than Luann's camel (I reared back from the tv screen as if it were live theatre).  

Because nobody puts Bully in a corner.

Everybody's covered the meat of Carole owning Frankel (and Radziwill did it so nimbly, I was gobsmacked -- I figured she'd be all stutters and flutters) so I'll just mention the one thing that would make me actually slap Frankel's smug mug (and spit at her feet -- or get Dorinda to do it). It's one thing to use Carole's bizarre propensity for wearing lingerie everywhere (probably would've worn it to Puerto Rico  -- "This vintage silk teddy and cowboy boots outfit is my walking-through-a-wooded-disaster look") but to include her "deceased husband" in the mockery is a level of spite so deep, words fail.  Frankel is now marinating in bitterness and confusing it with whatever she mistakenly considers wit.

Because however much Radziwill behaves like Holly Golightly on steroids (and self veneration) she loved that man, and walked every step of the brutal journey to his death with him. (Whereas you, Bethenny Frankel, have two failed marriages & love dating sexual miscreants and married loansharks one hair's breadth inside the law.  So fuck off with that shit.) 

She was, and dear Baby Jesus in a manger, that sweater was as complex as an old school Quacker Factory holiday pun but Frankel was all "DO YE GET MINE MOST WONDROUS JAPERY, FOOLS?" as if dropping Oscar Wildean bon mots left and right in a house full of medieval one-eyed morons snapping at flies.

~okay, yes, I'll concede Ramona ; )

Film Noire, I just love every word of your post!  Like you, I was shocked when Bethenny quipped about Carole's "deceased husband"; so much so that I honestly thought I must have misheard...

On 5/24/2018 at 12:35 AM, Jextella said:

It was a funny contrast that Carole and Ramona gave Dorinda holiday presents while Betheny brought Skinny Girl jeans to showcase on camera (and threw a sweatshirt at Carole, I suppose).

Bethenny throwing her political Christmas gift sweatshirt at Carole like that made me think it was kind of a passive aggressive present, as many of Bethenny's talking head interviews mentioned how "obsessed" Carole was with the Hillary/Trump election.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:42 AM, biakbiak said:

When B said she didn’t call or email Adam explained Carole’s reaction so much more. Basically she had a member of her team reach out for initial endeavor to Houston and Adam responded like he would for any ask. It clearly wasn’t a friend to friend request.

When Bethenny said nope, didn't call, didn't email, didn't text, I was wondering if she sent a singing telegram or used a carrier pigeon, & absolutely cracked up when Carole mentioned smoke signals!

On 5/24/2018 at 5:30 AM, Ki-in said:

Interesting Carole is asking Ramona and Dorinda if Bethenny has been talking about her when back in season 8 she was adamant arguing with Jules that talking about someone behind their back is what girlfriends do.

Re Adam: so he asked to be compensated. Was told no, so he declined. He said it's because he had to work. Why didn't he just say he had a prior commitment instead of yes, then no unless I'm paid? So if he was compensated would he have dumped his clients to go?

I hated the way Carole behaved when she was friends with Bethenny; they were both so cruel to Jules, & together came off very middle school mean girlish.

• Love 14

Apparently she did. She said Adam told her about it.

Eh... kinda sorta. 

In the scene where Dorinda and Ramona were with Carole at the restaurant at the Berkshires, Dorinda drops the "I think Adam wanted to be paid or comped for Puerto Rico and that kinda bummed her out" (her being Bethenny) and Ramona chimes in "and Houston too" and Carole seems genuinely shocked at this version of events. 

Carole then asks "Why would that bum her out?" and then mutters "no, no thats not ok" as Dorinda goes on.

Carole then says that Adam told her but that Bethenny never told her. In a separate talking head Carole then goes on about how of course Adam told her but she was choosing to ignore it because she is such an awesome friend. 

I agree that in the scene, Carole said Adam told her about the offer but she's also clearly surprised and forgive me but isn't exactly someone I'd trust to NOT lie to cover up a boyfriend's possible bad behavior. I seriously question whether Adam told Carol "I turned Bethenny down for a job because I couldn't afford to do charity work". Carol's blog about the shining decency of Adam's character and his many many acts of charity strongly suggest that someone is protesting a little too much.

Put another way - it wouldn't shock me if it's true that Adam told Carole about the offer and that he decided against it but he left out the salient detail that irked Bethenny - that he asked to be comped. Carole was clearly pretty stunned to hear that detail from Dorinda.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

think Adam wanted to be paid or comped for Puerto Rico and that kinda bummed her out" (her being Bethenny) and Ramona chimes in "and Houston too" and Carole seems genuinely shocked at this version of events. 

To me she seemed shocked that Bethenny was telling stories about Adam behind her back to the other women and that at least one wasn’t true at all. She seemed clearly to know that there was a trip to Houston and stated that.

• Love 9

It's interesting to me how alliances are being formed. 

Dorinda, Ramona, Carole, Tinsley.

Bethenny, LuAnn, Sonya.

Who would have guessed a year ago that Beth would be aligned with who she essentially referred to as a F...Doll, and the Toaster Oven/ Nigerian Football/Tipsy Girl? (vs:  Dorinda, the one woman that she chose to take to PR, and her very good friend Carole?)

Never would have seen that coming.

These are strange days indeed.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I've never understood this complaint on the part of any reality show whore. Carole? Have you watched the show? You do this all the time. Sometimes you totally make me laugh, you're that snarky.

Yeah .. That little laugh after she snarks really bothers me, like she doesn't mean it, but she really does.  

• Love 4
On 5/24/2018 at 8:06 AM, walnutqueen said:

Perhaps, but it is traumatic to be re-homed after 9 years (since kittenhood).  The new owner even stated that the cat won't sleep on the bed or let him pick him up the way he did with Sonja, and is not too affectionate.  Also, Sonja claimed she couldn't give away the poor dyed dog because it was her daughter's, but had no problem giving away her daughter's cat?  I call BS.

Sonja is, quite simply, a horrible person.

She had the cat for 9 years? I don't think I even knew that she had a cat. She doesn't seem unselfish enough to love a cat. You have to be willing to accept the relationship on their terms, to not be needy or demanding with cats, but accepting in a way you don't with dogs. I just cannot see Sonja being that kind of person. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

She had the cat for 9 years? I don't think I even knew that she had a cat. She doesn't seem unselfish enough to love a cat. You have to be willing to accept the relationship on their terms, to not be needy or demanding with cats, but accepting in a way you don't with dogs. I just cannot see Sonja being that kind of person. 

It was probably her daughter that was giving it attention etc (although a follow up article with the new owner mentioned the cat used to sleep with Sonja etc...). I do agree Sonja is really selfish - I'm honestly surprised she has any pets... probably better she doesn't have any.

• Love 5
Just now, BodhiGurl said:

It was probably her daughter that was giving it attention etc (although a follow up article with the new owner mentioned the cat used to sleep with Sonja etc...). I do agree Sonja is really selfish - I'm honestly surprised she has any pets... probably better she doesn't have any.

Yes, pet ownership like parenthood requires much sacrifice.  Sonja really doesn't come off like someone with that chromosome.  The parenthood thing has likely been handled by others; nannies and headmasters, etc.  The pets, though perhaps initially traumatized, will definitely realize a better life post-Sonja.

• Love 10
On 5/27/2018 at 11:21 AM, Yours Truly said:

Was that ACTUALLY the case or yet another exaggeration of Beth’s..?? (Lost at sea, Raised by wolves....)

Yes  it was  the case.  I followed both of the series of Bethenny  Getting Married and B Ever After.   Jason's parents seemed very mellow and nice at first, but then got the notion that B & Jason were obligated to trek to their home every weekend, a couple hours drive away.  They got all pissy, and Jason as well, when B put her foot down and said no.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

Yes  it was  the case.  I followed both of the series of Bethenny  Getting Married and B Ever After.   Jason's parents seemed very mellow and nice at first, but then got the notion that B & Jason were obligated to trek to their home every weekend, a couple hours drive away.  They got all pissy, and Jason as well, when B put her foot down and said no.

Actually Jason agreed with Bethenny's in law visit demands, he balked at no holidays with them though and we never heard the Hoppys say either way once Bethenny made her mind up. They weren't on the show as much after Bethenny put her foot down, so she did get her way in the end (even before the divorce).

• Love 6
23 hours ago, coops said:

On the contrary, my dear, I love it here! I love it for the simple reason there is a huge difference between being a bystander to an argument and being involved in an argument. If I was going toe to toe with Bethenny and she was nitpicking about what date and time everything was said, it would drive me insane. As Dorinda said in the TH, it's not about that. It's always about the emotional conflict of why someone's feelings have been hurt. Here, none of us are involved personally with these women, so we are free to satisfy ourselves with picking their arguments apart without any personal/emotional fallout. As a viewer I don't give two figs if Bethenny has to correct times/dates/etc. If I was in a personally in a conflict with her I'd imagine I would react with the same exasperation Carole did. 

Very well said.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

I followed the spin offs as well and I don't recall anyone being "pissy". I did see a family discuss their feelings over it and possible workable options with Beth completely making it into a manic issue that then turned into something overly complicated that didn't need to be.

I get being annoyed and I get that there were some boundary issues but seriously. It never went beyond annoyingly overbearingly hopefulness (some grandparents push the envelope GEEZ!) that if handled rationally should have been easily worked out. Beth was the one that started acting like ultimatums and absolutes needed to be a part of the equation. Plus she analyzed everything and felt like just the act of them being a close, loving family was somehow a constant dig or critique towards her she was always on the defense and we know how Beth plays defense.... through offense. Just sayin'

Beth was an absolute mess and I saw how Jason started slipping into the toxicity that ultimately took him down a few unfortunate paths when dealing with their separation/divorce/custody.

Completely unnecessary.

• Love 16
22 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

I hated the way Carole behaved when she was friends with Bethenny; they were both so cruel to Jules, & together came off very middle school mean girlish.

I did too, and I'm a Carole fan. I think she's better away from Bethenny. 

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Actually Jason agreed with Bethenny's in law visit demands, he balked at no holidays with them though and we never heard the Hoppys say either way once Bethenny made her mind up. They weren't on the show as much after Bethenny put her foot down, so she did get her way in the end (even before the divorce).

Yeah I didn't remember this huge inappropriate attempted abduction of Brynn. Pushes grandparents and then grumpy grandparents after the fact  does not a monster make. Besides I remember it was more Jason being the advocate. It wasn't like his parents were all up in Beth's face making rude demands and being nasty about it. Were all THREE of them a bit excitedly unrealistic about visits and time spent with Brynn I would say so but that's a far cry from being assholes and bullies toward Beth which was how Beth was reacting. It was all so very bizarre the way Beth was so extra and exaggerated with it all. 

To me it seemed like Beth was just mad that other people had the nerve to even suggest doing something outside of her "comfort zone" or schedule even if Jason and his parents were to have accommodated all the details 100% with no burden to Beth.  It was the point that they were trying to work around her concerns that bothered her and instead of thinking of it as contributing to the solution were everyone would be happy she saw it as them undermining her wants.

I just realized I'm veering OT.

Sorry, I'm done.. Carry on.. LOL

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 15
On 5/28/2018 at 8:06 AM, Gem 10 said:

O.k.  I thought I heard her say something nasty about him when she was telling Tinsley about the date with the other girl, or maybe it was in her TH, but you know best, truly.

At the breakfast with Tinsley, after she told Tins about Adam being interested in another woman, she ended by calling him Adam "Unworthy", a play on his last name.  

• Love 5

So did Ramona unsuccessfully try to stir the pot? "Uh I heard Bethenny said you were in the muppets"--whatever. Whenever she lowers her voice like that she knows she's deliberately saying something hurtful. She had the exact same inflection when she asked Kelly whether she had her boobs redone.

Ugh those girls on Bitch Sesh are insufferable. If Dorinda can make "Berserkshires" a thing and put it on mugs then more power to her.  I bet Sheree wishes she had mugs.

I think the Countess should have sat this season out or gone to therapy or Phuket with Sonja for so some reflection.

Bethenny and her jeans need to join Lisa Rinna on QVC.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I followed the spin offs as well and I don't recall anyone being "pissy". I did see a family discuss their feelings over it and possible workable options with Beth completely making it into a manic issue that then turned into something overly complicated that didn't need to be.

I get being annoyed and I get that there were some boundary issues but seriously. It never went beyond annoyingly overbearingly hopefulness (some grandparents push the envelope GEEZ!) that if handled rationally should have been easily worked out. Beth was the one that started acting like ultimatums and absolutes needed to be a part of the equation. Plus she analyzed everything and felt like just the act of them being a close, loving family was somehow a constant dig or critique towards her she was always on the defense and we know how Beth plays defense.... through offense. Just sayin'

Beth was an absolute mess and I saw how Jason started slipping into the toxicity that ultimately took him down a few unfortunate paths when dealing with their separation/divorce/custody.

Completely unnecessary.

Jason's parents came off as good in laws.  Bethenny doesn't understand the meaning of a good relationship between parents and a son, or daughter.  She made wisecracks about the town of Hazelton, Pa. and it's people.  She was bored there.  They were thrilled to have a grandchild and an only son who was attentive to them.  They lost the other son .. didn't Bethenny realize this?  Although I like Bethenny, I think she played Jason and then disguarded him.   I absolutely agree with you.

• Love 9

Honestly, and I know this will irk some of you but... Yes its very sad the Hoppys lost their other child. However, that doesn't grant them rights over their grand child. Sometimes this argument feels like the Hoppys had an expectation that this grandchild would replace their dead son and they were due another child because their son died and since their son died, they are the victims so everyone needs to shut their mouths and hand over the baby since THEIR SON DIED.

I don't think the Hoppys were awful people, but I do think "Drive the baby three hours one way every Friday so we can have Saturday and most of Sunday every weekend" is more than a little inflexible on their part and even alternating weekends where they travel to New York still means that in a household where mom and dad work, they don't get to plan fun things on the weekend unless they include the grandparents plans. If the "OMG our son DIED" card got played a lot, frankly I can see being a lil creeped out by that. 

The Hoppys being demanding and unreasonable about grandparent time is a separate issue from whether Bethenny played Jason for a fool. I've always had the opinion that Bethenny owns her fair share of the problems with Jason, and Jason was not her innocent victim. 

To bring this back on topic - I loved watching Carole's smack down, it was deliciously well timed and took Bethenny off guard but Carole's blog rants  months later tell me that Carole is desperately seeking attention (possible) and doesn't realize she's coming off as quite the sore winner and I am curious to see how it resolves in the upcoming episode versus the ranting in the blogs now. 

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Honestly, and I know this will irk some of you but... Yes its very sad the Hoppys lost their other child. However, that doesn't grant them rights over their grand child. Sometimes this argument feels like the Hoppys had an expectation that this grandchild would replace their dead son and they were due another child because their son died and since their son died, they are the victims so everyone needs to shut their mouths and hand over the baby since THEIR SON DIED.

I don't think the Hoppys were awful people, but I do think "Drive the baby three hours one way every Friday so we can have Saturday and most of Sunday every weekend" is more than a little inflexible on their part and even alternating weekends where they travel to New York still means that in a household where mom and dad work, they don't get to plan fun things on the weekend unless they include the grandparents plans. If the "OMG our son DIED" card got played a lot, frankly I can see being a lil creeped out by that. 

The Hoppys being demanding and unreasonable about grandparent time is a separate issue from whether Bethenny played Jason for a fool. I've always had the opinion that Bethenny owns her fair share of the problems with Jason, and Jason was not her innocent victim. 

To bring this back on topic - I loved watching Carole's smack down, it was deliciously well timed and took Bethenny off guard but Carole's blog rants  months later tell me that Carole is desperately seeking attention (possible) and doesn't realize she's coming off as quite the sore winner and I am curious to see how it resolves in the upcoming episode versus the ranting in the blogs now. 

I wasn't playing the "son died" card and I disagree with you about the parents taking up so much time.  How do you know this?  Do you have inside information that we don't know about?  Or is it just speculation?  We only know Bethennys side which she squeaked about constantly.  She was nasty to his parents from what we saw on t.v.  I doubt that Jason would expect his parents to see the child as much as you say.  And, it has nothing to do with their DEAD SON !!!!!!!

• Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

How do you know this?  Do you have inside information that we don't know about?

This was a major fight on BEA.  When Bethenny said every weekend was too much.  That with both of them working she thought they would be walking Brynn on the river walk, brunching with friends etc.  He said fine.  You only have to go every other week.  Then Brynn and I will go without you on the alternate weeks and you can stay here and be with your friends.   He also said this is how real families are and that she wouldn’t know because she’d never had a real family.  It was pretty clear that he felt ‘his parents wishes’ should be a priority.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 10

I'd just suggest that you check out the Bethenny divorce thread because the grandparents wanting every weekend was thoroughly discussed. I'm sure Bethenny was well aware that Brian Hoppy died because its well known that Bryn was named after her dead uncle, so if the Hoppys having a dead son is not a factor to be considered then why must Bethenny acknowledge, when it comes to the grandparents seeing the child that they have a dead child?

I think we're all speculating here and at last check, demanding someone prove their sources and opinions is not ok.

And also "what Quinn said". 

• Love 6
On 5/28/2018 at 9:50 AM, SheTalksShit said:

I used to work in the tabloid/journalism industry and from interviews i conducted, RH is not scripted, it's more just they set you up in situations you wouldn't otherwise be in, with people you wouldn't otherwise be with, if that makes sense. it's basically their job to hang out with and attend events with these ladies during filming months, in exchange for 6 figure paychecks. would they be attending those dinners with this kind of drama or going on vacation with this group, which includes ppl they don't like, if it wasn't their job? for most of them, most definitely not lol. but as far as what they say and do and how they act at these events, that's real. 

another thing someone once said, that i can sorta see, is that when you're filming for a reality TV show, with cameras all around you, everything becomes magnified by 10 - like every event, every little comment somebody makes, etc. because you don't know if it's gonna air and you don't know how it's gonna be edited and you don't know what people are gonna think if it airs. basically, you know that there's a chance the whole world is gonna see this, so otherwise stupid shit that you'd let go, becomes a big deal, a huge offense, that you feel like you have to defend yourself from. other times, the way people act is simply that they're drunk and pissed off, or genuinely hurt, etc. 

and this show, like any reality show, likes strong personalities who are already prone to being ridiculous, big egos, taking themselves too seriously, over-reacting, etc. soooo mix all of the above together and you've got a real housewives show. 

Agreed with all of this - with special emphasis on the casting part. Every franchise has a version of the same kind of personality and the common denominator are all personalities who aren't afraid to engage. Women who aren't outspoken, confrontational (or a willingness to actually participate) usually don't last long at all (Jules on NYC, Joyce on BH, etc.). I think the one thing that the show does manufacture is the sense that these women are all a part of the same social circles because I guess is intended to make their interactions seem more natural and avoid breaking the 4th wall.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

This was a major fight on BEA.  When Bethenny said every weekend was too much.  That with both of them working she thought they would be walking Brynn on the river walk, brunching with friends etc.  He said fine.  You only have to go every other week.  Then Brynn and I will go without you on the alternate weeks and you can stay here and be with your friends.   He also said this is how real families are and that she wouldn’t know because she’d never had a real family.  It was pretty clear that he felt ‘his parents wishes’ should be a priority.

This is how I remember it as well - I watched "Bethenny Ever After" after she left RHONY - at that point I admittedly was a fan and was bummed she left RHONY, so I watched. And Jason did have the expectation to go see his parents in PA, hours away, every weekend. I thought it was a bit much and I've had a pretty normal relationship with my family. It's not that it's so awful that they want to see their granddaughter, it's the unrealistic expectation to put on a professionally working couple that lives hours away. If they lived in Manhattan, close by - I'd still think it's a tad unrealistic to have family time with them every weekend - especially considering Brynn's age at the time. Bethenny may be a bit much and over the top - but Jason was no wallflower or innocent participant in that relationship - I do remember towards the end of their show airing, he was nasty quite often. I got the impression he was pretty good at keeping his shiz together on camera but eventually let the walls down and became his true self. Anywhoodle... ;) Unfortunately I don't think their show together is available for streaming on Hulu like so many of the other Bravo shows - at least not last time I looked for it...

• Love 10

I see some parallels between Bethenny’s feud with Jill and this one with Carole. They all were busy doing their thing and maybe not putting enough care and energy into the friendship- they start drinking different koolaid. It is easier to overlook shortcomings when you are emotionally close to someone. Bethenny, Jill, and Carole all expected unwavering support from the other for their current situations and didn’t get it, so the bad feelings start to simmer and then blow up. 

Life is too short to fight with friends. 

• Love 6

A lot of the arguments seems to stem from not 'supporting' each other in their careers etc. Bethenny was getting her own show when Jill turned against her, now the arguments is about Bethenny not supporting Carole in the marathon. Carole also seems to have a bit of a bee in her bonnet about Bethenny's doing her relief work, whether it's because she wasn't invited or she feels she is more knowledgeable or accomplished at that sort of thing that Bethenny, I don't know. I'd imagine success like Bethenny's comes with it's own negatives when it comes to friendships. How could it not? 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, coops said:

A lot of the arguments seems to stem from not 'supporting' each other in their careers etc. Bethenny was getting her own show when Jill turned against her, now the arguments is about Bethenny not supporting Carole in the marathon. Carole also seems to have a bit of a bee in her bonnet about Bethenny's doing her relief work, whether it's because she wasn't invited or she feels she is more knowledgeable or accomplished at that sort of thing that Bethenny, I don't know. I'd imagine success like Bethenny's comes with it's own negatives when it comes to friendships. How could it not? 

Yeah, I'm confused by this, too, since in a previous episode about the THX text, it looked like Bethanny had texted Carole at least a few times to check in with her during the marathon.  I think there are probably several factors leading to the breakdown in the friendship which will unfold as the season progresses.  Hopefully.

More about this episode...

I throw up in my mouth a little bit every time Sonja talks about her sexual habits.  I'm not sure why, since it doesn't bother me when other housewives discuss the same.  I think it's because for some reason I get a vision of fruit flies and moth balls flying out of Sonja's vagina every time the subject comes up.  Ugh.

Dorinda should be given a Silver Spoon Award for being the Shit Stirring Extraordinaire across all franchises.  She just does it so openly and gleefully.  I think that's why she continues to host the Berserkshires trips, so she can get the dirt on all of the women in one setting for ammunition later.  She couldn't wait to get that murder mystery over with and sit down at the table so she could set off the fireworks vis a vis Bethanny and Carole.  

Loved the long shots of Ramona et al eating away and watching the "entertainment" unfold at the dinner table.  

I found myself uncharacteristically amused by Ramona's fascination with the snow globes.  She was like a kid in a candy store.  That's probably the only scene in a long while where she hasn't irritated the fuck out of me.  

Other than that, a pretty tame episode compared to what I was expecting.  Maybe this week's episode and the comment about Luann being a "loser" will start things a poppin'.  

• Love 9

Let me wrap this up. Carole is a boring, self centered, haughty woman. People call Sonja "grey gardens" but Carole is more Grey Gardens than anyone. She dresses like a 20 something hipster-which is not a good look. She is never pulled together. She lived with Adam and could not wait to get rid of him. Does this not give any of you an idea of what was going on? He was mooching off of her. She was paying for everything. All of this screams Sex and the City and it's so old and tired and over! I am no big fan of B's so I don't have any big interest in one over the other in this battle, but Carole has turned me off for years. She's closed up emotionally and seems to see herself as some major player on RHONY. She's the least interesting. Adam was her story for a bit. Riding on bicycle handlebars as if she was in a movie. For God's sake she picked him up in Lu's kitchen! And he's not good looking or desirable financially or ambitious! Face it, Carole needed a story line this season and now she has one. Fight with B. OH YAWN. Even that makes her a bore. The journalist story is old and in the past. The novelist, obviously, is not her thing because she has no discipline and it is very questionable that there was ever another book deal because Carole didn't know about DEADLINES? Oh, come on! Maybe Aviva was right about Carole all along! Maybe there was a ghost writer-which served as another story line for Carole on yet another season. I would not miss Carole if she was gone. She brings nothing except ugly clothes and this haughty disinterest in life in general. She's a complete bore. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

She couldn't wait to get that murder mystery over with and sit down at the table so she could set off the fireworks vis a vis Bethanny and Carole.  

I noticed that when Dorinda announced her "rules" she didn't say anything about no screaming or cat fighting. She knows full well getting all the women together at the Berkshires every year will guarantee drama and the fact she hosts that get together every year will always earn her a place on the cast for future seasons. Most women have to wait their turn to be hostess on one of the trips but Dorinda has ensured she gets a turn as a hostess each year without fail. Very smart. That's not what earns her a place on the cast for me though, it's the drunken "CLIP! CLIP! CLIP!" or "I made it NICE!" and "how am I doing? NOT WELL, BITCH!" 

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, coops said:

Bethenny not supporting Carole in the marathon. Carole also seems to have a bit of a bee

Carole didn’t single Bethenny out about the marathon, she included all the women except for Tinsley. And it was Bethenny who brought up that Carole never responded to her texts of Congrats and Carole pointed out she did when she got home and relaxed.

• Love 9