Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

Maybe I’ve worked in the fashion industry too long, but A LOT of merchandise gets destroyed to protect a brand. It’s wasteful, yes, but part of the cost of doing business. I would still say it has less of an overall impact than fast, disposable fashion though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/23/2019 at 10:39 AM, Jazzhands said:

I’m guessing they don’t want actual team wear ending up on eBay, at Goodwill, getting worn by God knows whom — not good for the brand. It’s different from the licensed merchandise available to the masses.  

On 9/23/2019 at 11:03 AM, Kayce said:

I would say you are 100% correct on this.  

They're being smart about it then.....cause I would 100% buy them 😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

They may do with the old practice uniforms what is done with items at national championships such as Super Bowl.  Both teams have sealed & guarded boxes of shirts, hats etc for the players.  That’s why you immediately see the players wear a championship t-shirt & hat.  The losing team’s t-shirts etc are whisked away & are shipped off to a third world country.  Interesting, I saw a video featuring a mission trip where a child had a somewhat dirty shirt featuring the wrong being the champions of a Super Bowl my hometown team won.  Also we know people involved in the shirt manufacturing & my hubby has worked for 10 days at a Super Bowl.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, lltcna said:

Does any one know where kitty Carter is this season

27 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She isn’t doing the show she didn’t like her edit was from last year 

Not sure if this belongs here (it might should be in "Past Seasons" but it's a Kitty question):  Did Olivia Sharber Carter get cut or retire? Someone pls PM me if this shouldn't be discussed here.  Thanks.

On 9/17/2019 at 3:08 PM, chabelisaywow said:

I'm dating myself - and I can't stand Kelly Ripa. LOL but she used to be on a show called "Dance Party USA" or something in the late 80's? 

Yes! Before Dance Party USA it was called Dancin' on Air. I used to race home from school to watch it LOL

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:03 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Not sure if this belongs here (it might should be in "Past Seasons" but it's a Kitty question):  Did Olivia Sharber Carter get cut or retire? Someone pls PM me if this shouldn't be discussed here.  Thanks.

She retired after 2 seasons.

• Useful 1

I heard somewhere on this board that Olivia was married to Kitty’s son but on Olivia’s instagram she has pictures of her new fiancé, a man named something sunderland, or something like that. So, I’ve been wondering about her marriage to the Carter guy. 

11 hours ago, DCCobsessed said:

I heard somewhere on this board that Olivia was married to Kitty’s son but on Olivia’s instagram she has pictures of her new fiancé, a man named something sunderland, or something like that. So, I’ve been wondering about her marriage to the Carter guy. 

She divorced him because he was "supposedly" cheating on her. It was talked about on the forums here when it happened.

• Useful 2

This thread was full of juicy gossip before ShellyB showed up to be a gatekeeper.  I've always known there HAD to be more drama behind the scenes than is shown.  I have reached my limit of watching TV shows with a lot of drama but I do enjoy reading behind the scenes information to "supplement" the show and give it new depth.  Now it seems like that is gone.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Anduril said:

This thread was full of juicy gossip before ShellyB showed up to be a gatekeeper.  I've always known there HAD to be more drama behind the scenes than is shown.  I have reached my limit of watching TV shows with a lot of drama but I do enjoy reading behind the scenes information to "supplement" the show and give it new depth.  Now it seems like that is gone.

Respectfully disagree!!  Many here are thankful for @ShellyB's insight and question answering.  Are there sometimes things she can't share?  Absolutely!!!  I wouldn't risk my job for a group of strangers.  Is there a chance she sometimes shares our opinions with TPTB?  Damn, I hope so!!!  Again, I think many people like that she is here hearing our opinions because we'd love someone to act on them!!!  Plus, FTLOG the girl is funny 🙂   @ShellyB, this anonymous poster THANKS YOU FOR BEING HERE!!!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Opine said:

Respectfully disagree!!  Many here are thankful for @ShellyB's insight and question answering.  Are there sometimes things she can't share?  Absolutely!!!  I wouldn't risk my job for a group of strangers.  Is there a chance she sometimes shares our opinions with TPTB?  Damn, I hope so!!!  Again, I think many people like that she is here hearing our opinions because we'd love someone to act on them!!!  Plus, FTLOG the girl is funny 🙂   @ShellyB, this anonymous poster THANKS YOU FOR BEING HERE!!!!!!!

I agree she does have a lot of insider knowledge but I'd rather hear the stuff she can't share. It's too bad that she decided to use her real name but then again, if she hadn't, I'm sure people would have been able to figure out who it was.  

• Love 4
On 10/8/2019 at 8:30 AM, Opine said:

Lol... @Opine you’re welcome. Not sure that I stopped any gossip, hell’s bells, there’s a ton of it on here! 🤣 @Anduril, I used my real name because I’m a pretty straight shooter. I answer the questions that don’t compromise the episodes. There are some things I am not at liberty to discuss, and I’ve either ignored or declined answering. I don’t really talk about what is posted here, as there are a few that occasionally read on their own. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

Lol... @Opine you’re welcome. Not sure that I stopped any gossip, hell’s bells, there’s a ton of it on here! 🤣 @Anduril, I used my real name because I’m a pretty straight shooter. I answer the questions that don’t compromise the episodes. There are some things I am not at liberty to discuss, and I’ve either ignored or declined answering. I don’t really talk about what is posted here, as there are a few that occasionally read on their own. 

@ShellyB any chance you could talk Kelli and/or Judy into coming on here? 🙂

• LOL 4

@ShellyB, In a recent episode Kelli commented on someone (Shaina I think?) that she looked good for the sideline dances but not on the field, so it made me wonder; has there ever been anyone on the squad who regularly did not participate in pre-game but did sideline dances? 

• Useful 1

Ever since I saw those DCC Campout photos with the girls bare faces I've been wondering, do the girls wear stage makeup on the show and/or on game day? Are the girls given a tutorial as to how to apply their makeup? 

There have been some serious DCC level ups in the past, i.e. Jinelle (even after the makeover episode). How is that accomplished? Do you sit the girls down and walk them through a step by step process on their new DCC look?

• Love 3

In season 1 (2006) Kelli invited back most of the judges from finals to the studio to watch the girls dance.  I remember Brooke and Kandi got called into Kelli's office and told they did great with their weight loss and the judges liked them. Have they done that on any other season or just this one?

On 10/12/2019 at 1:24 PM, ByTor said:

@ShellyB, In a recent episode Kelli commented on someone (Shaina I think?) that she looked good for the sideline dances but not on the field, so it made me wonder; has there ever been anyone on the squad who regularly did not participate in pre-game but did sideline dances? 

Loni Lindsey

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I always had "heard" that Loni did the field dances but not the kickline. 

@ShellyB: Can you answer this?

I specifically remember videos of the pregame show where Loni ran off the field before the kickline. It looked really bad, like she’d just remembered that she left the iron plugged in on top of a pile of kindling and had to abandon the team mid-performance to make sure her house didn’t burn down.

But yes, another example of Kelli making a huge exception to the alleged high standards of the team to accommodate one of her faves who didn’t measure up. It was clear throughout training camp that Loni’s kicks were super low. Apparently that’s only a deal breaker if you aren’t one of Kelli’s pets. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I specifically remember videos of the pregame show where Loni ran off the field before the kickline. It looked really bad, like she’d just remembered that she left the iron plugged in on top of a pile of kindling and had to abandon the team mid-performance to make sure her house didn’t burn down.

But yes, another example of Kelli making a huge exception to the alleged high standards of the team to accommodate one of her faves who didn’t measure up. It was clear throughout training camp that Loni’s kicks were super low. Apparently that’s only a deal breaker if you aren’t one of Kelli’s pets. 

I think Shelly came on her and said that was just a rumor and "that" video wasn't showing her running off the field.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

55 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think Shelly came on her and said that was just a rumor and "that" video wasn't showing her running off the field.

I wonder if it was Brooke running off the field cause she couldn't do kick line.  If she had surgery in August, I don't know if she would be back on the field by then??

On 10/12/2019 at 12:24 PM, ByTor said:

Well...back in the day when there were 36 on the team, but only 32 performed pregame, kinda. My Rookie season, some girls switched at halftime...so some did pregame and first two quarters and the switched with their counterpart, who did the 2nd Hal of the game. I think the 4 alternates got to do at least 2 pregames and I think they did all the halftimes. I don’t really remember if we had designated alternates for games my 2nd season. When Kelli took over as Director,  she did away with alternates.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, Sunnykm said:

@ShellyB  What brand athletic shoes do the ladies wear at the practices?

Thank you for your contributions to this forum!

Nike...this season they are the Zooms. And, you’re welcome! 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Well...back in the day when there were 36 on the team, but only 32 performed pregame, kinda. My Rookie season, some girls switched at halftime...so some did pregame and first two quarters and the switched with their counterpart, who did the 2nd Hal of the game. 

Was that in part because of the temperature inside Texas stadium? I can’t imagine pregame, four quarters and occasionally a halftime show in that heat! Been watching early seasons on Pluto and those conditioning exercises with Jay looked positively melty. 

• Love 2
On 10/22/2019 at 5:03 PM, kalibean said:

Was that in part because of the temperature inside Texas stadium? I can’t imagine pregame, four quarters and occasionally a halftime show in that heat! Been watching early seasons on Pluto and those conditioning exercises with Jay looked positively melty. 

Nope...that’s just how Suzanne ran the squad. And the heat in the early seasons of the show wasn’t nearly as bad as when I cheered. Around 2000, they rolled in huge industrial fans for all the corners. They were hot and sweaty...but could catch a breeze every once in a while. My tears and prior, melted. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

Nope...that’s just how Suzanne ran the squad. And the heat in the early seasons of the show wasn’t nearly as bad as when I cheered. Around 2000, they rolled in huge industrial fans for all the corners. They were hot and sweaty...but could catch a breeze every once in a while. My tears and prior, melted. 

Hey Shelly! Did you ever have to deal with SNOW much when you were cheering?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Hey Shelly! Did you ever have to deal with SNOW much when you were cheering?

Not really because when there was a threat of weather, rain or snow, the turf was covered by a tarp until just a few hours before kickoff. 

It's been bothering me for a while that this show was moved to Friday night, which is where shows go that have run out of steam. I know the ratings are high, but i wonder if it's a question of WHO'S  watching. Older people?

18 hours ago, Reveala said:

It's been bothering me for a while that this show was moved to Friday night, which is where shows go that have run out of steam. I know the ratings are high, but i wonder if it's a question of WHO'S  watching. Older people?

*slowly raises hand*

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Reveala said:

In the age of DVR, it doesn't matter as much when a show is on... Shows like Hawaii 50 have always been on Friday and continue to do well...

• Love 1

I went to the Colts vs Broncos game yesterday and it was my first time ever going to a NFL game. I watched the cheerleaders trying to pick out whose a rookie vs rockstar vets lol. I want to go see the Cowboys for the DCC but I live in Indy 🤷🏼‍♀️

I love the new squad announcement video this year!