Type keyword(s) to search

The Passage - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Normally I cannot stand precocious kids on tv, but I'm loving Amy.  Smart as a whip, holding her own despite all the drama of the last few days, yet vulnerable and knowing she needs Brad's help.  It also helps that the young actress is cute as a button.  She and MPG are terrific together.

Loved Lacey but who didn't know as soon as she showed up that she'd be killed?

Henry Cusick lets his real accent slip through every once in a while.  I miss Desmond.

• Love 9
On 1/21/2019 at 10:26 PM, AnimeMania said:

Not sure Lacey is dead, she is in the house with a wonderful doctor. I would have thought Lacey would have had some more powerful guns. I wanted to see a few cars explode.

Same on all accounts.  All we need is a line from Dr Ex-Wife (love that title) saying that it was rough but Lacey pulled through.

All those guns, and they used the most puny ones. Totes disappointed.

23 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

And I am the person who roots for Heisenberg and The  Jennings.  (sorry different shows)

"Heisenberg and The  Jennings" is my new band name!

17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Brad: I have a friend in Wisconsin.
Amy: You have a friend?

The snark with which she delivered that line was everything.  I love her -- she's got just the right amount of strength and weakness.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

The snark with which she delivered that line was everything.  I love her -- she's got just the right amount of strength and weakness.

Yes, I totally laughed at that. Same at the "What other kind of wife would he have?" regarding the ex-wife. lol.

• Love 6
On 1/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, luvapickle said:

I really like this so far, so it might get cancelled being that's how it tends to go for me......The upside it's on FOX, they have a better record of staying with shows for a beat.

I have the same problem, with shows I like getting cancelled, but I hope this one stays. I think the only conciliation is that it's based on a bunch of books so if they cancel the show I can just read the novel.

• Love 5

Well, what could go wrong with a vaccine that can cure everything, but just happens to turn the recipients into vampires? Or a bunch of researchers who think this is a viable solution, so they keep experimenting and turning  people into vampires?

Lamest premise ever. Someone please tell me that since I wasn't paying close attention I got this wrong.

Love the actors and the action, though.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, renatae said:

Well, what could go wrong with a vaccine that can cure everything, but just happens to turn the recipients into vampires? Or a bunch of researchers who think this is a viable solution, so they keep experimenting and turning  people into vampires?

Lamest premise ever. Someone please tell me that since I wasn't paying close attention I got this wrong.

Love the actors and the action, though.

You're right :)

But if you think about it, vampires live through just about everything except a stake to the heart. So it stands to reason they would have something to do with being a cure to live through everything.

• Love 5
On 1/15/2019 at 8:44 PM, Hanahope said:

I was thinking this too.  I finally decided that they weren’t really after Amy at that point as much as MPG because he knew why Amy was wanted.  They had to stop him from going to the press, he knew too much.

IIRC, Wolgast said as much. Of course, this implies they have zero reason not to kill him the second he is out of Amy's sight (I can understand why they wouldn't when she was standing right there, a minimal level of cooperation from her is desirable). 

• Love 2
On 1/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, AnimeMania said:

I don't understand why that particular little girl is so important that you would travel across half way across the country, alert the media to her abduction, and send armed men to kill everyone in sight to get her. Just grab somebody else, or a couple of somebody elses. The future of the world is at stake!

I talked to somebody who read the books, so spoilers (kinda, no biggies) ensue:

AnimeMania, that second book spoiler is such a better explanation for the "the chase" than what we were given in the show. I'm amazed they changed it. It makes me a little worried that maybe the show runners don't value story logic as much as they should.

IMHO,A lot of sci-fi/horror media goes off the rails because creators don't seem to get that you get one big dose of "suspension of disbelief", then everything else should be rigorously believable with respect to motivations, reactions, consequences, etc. These genres are not a free pass to do whatever you want/what's easy/what's "cool", etc.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

These genres are not a free pass to do whatever you want/what's easy/what's "cool", etc.

Same with "magic".  Once Upon A Time went off the rails when they failed to nail down early on how magic works, who can do it, and whether there's a "price".  Your world can be bizarre beyond belief as long as it's consistant.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, luvapickle said:

You're right :)

But if you think about it, vampires live through just about everything except a stake to the heart. So it stands to reason they would have something to do with being a cure to live through everything.

A cure worse than death, lol. 😉

• Love 1

Really liked the 2nd episode more so than the first. Although, I was distracted by Brad's ExhWife, she looked so much like Nina Debrov during TVD years.

I liked that they put Brad/Amy on the run to gave a little bit of time to build up the bond to make the rest of the show believable.

I liked the back story on Jonas and Fanning and the Vampires are super creepy. The Dream Bar scene was interesting and creepy. The scene with Babcock killing the mean janitor was interesting, it shows they have intelligence, which we knew from the dreams (but, I don't think people In Show are aware). I don't think she sacrificed the nice janitor so much as baited the mean one into getting close enough to strike.

I found episode 3 on Hulu last night, also commercial-free.

I’m enjoying this show, although I don’t actually care about the vampires, with the exception of Carter. I feel bad for him, being the last “recruit” that Brad brought in before Amy sparked his conscience. (I know I should feel for Babcock, but I just... don’t. She’s all in with Fanning, and Carter is not.) But all I want is more Brad and Amy.

• Love 3

I've read the series of books more than once--the last time probably several years ago and I honestly didn't even think about Amy's race in the show.    This actress is perfect for her character as a strong brave young girl and when it moves to the future, there are all different races of people left so it just never occurred to me.    She has excellent chemistry with Wolgast and for this part of Amy's life that is what is important.

So far I think the casting of this is really well done.   I look forward to seeing who they get to play some of the other major characters.

I thought the second episode was better than the pilot, so I'm sticking with it.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Episode 3 is available to watch on Twitter (and you don't need an account.) 

I may need to watch the first 2 eps again, because it sure seemed like Saniyya Sidney went through a growth spurt between the 2nd and 3rd episode, and it makes me wonder when the eps were shot. 

I noticed this too - partway through the episode, weird.

Spoiler

Really glad to see Lacy back :-)

Another good episode. I am loving this show. Brad and Amy will never stop being so good together. He is such a good dad. I love that Amy was smart getting them to bring Brad to her and figuring out the chip was put in to track her. I have to agree with the posters that Saniyya Sidney had a growth spurt between filming episodes 2 and 3. She looks about one to half a foot taller. 

How the hell did Fanning get into Brad's dream? I hope we don't see Fanning terrorizing Amy in her dreams. Seems like he is watching her though.

Lacey! She is alive! I am so glad. Maybe she will get the chance to mow down all the people who shot her and took Amy and Brad. I think that Carter is a good guy. Hopefully, he will help Brad and Amy escape when all hell breaks loose.

I cracked up when the good janitor raised his hand when they asked who was having bad dreams. He is a good guy, warning Brad about Fanning. I am not sure that Brad needed to bother drugging him. I am sure he would have let him in.

No wonder Babcock hates Richards. I hope she drains him dry first. Fanning can drain Lear first and then the Major. They all have it coming.

I have to say that I don't agree with the posters that there aren't people in the government who wouldn't justify grabbing up a kid alone in the world with no one caring about her or snatching some people on death row. What strikes me as unbelievable is that scientists and researchers would casually dismiss the possibility that their subjects might be sentient or that the dreams are significant. I would expect them to be recording everything.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 15

Lacey for the win! Cleaning her guns while she recouperates. Badass. But, honey, take the pain meds. If nothing else they’ll keep your body from getting stressed due to pain as you heal. 

Amy and Carter bonding was sweet. They were both so happy to make a friend. 

Lear needs to call them virals instead of vampires. Totally get it, pal, but you’re only fooling yourself. 

Glad Brad got the lay of the land and has an idea of what’s going on for the moment. 

Richards you are 100% out of your depth with Zero, Babcock, and the rest. Loved the Philly shout out. 

I like the snapshot of Babcock’s life. 

• Love 7

3 good episodes, yep I'm in. I know it's not at all possible but most shows aren't even when they think they are. This show is entertaining and heartwarming that's all it needs to be. 

Brad and Amy still continue to be the best part. I love how their bond just keeps getting stronger. They can now work together without speaking like the virals. Lol. Speaking of that was Babcock's story  completely true or was she trying to get sympathy from Clark so he wouldn't kill her? If it was true I can see why she agreed to the drug trial, she had nothing else, her life was gone. Anthony and Amy were good too. Hopefully he can fight the evil impulses and be an ally. 

Lacey's alive, it's a good think the ex wife's a doctor. I wonder what she told her boyfriend. Since she's now 100% in with helping Brad and Amy get the truth out there. I would've thought the reporter would've been a little more interested and want to meet right then. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 8

I know I'm enjoying a show when an episode just flies by. I'm loving the team and father/daughter dynamic between Amy and Brad. Coming up with plans before they even got to Colorado and how they read other so well...I love it.

I still find Richards interesting even though he's pretty despicable. I'm guessing he just might regret saving Babcock.

Yes, Lacey!

Poor Babcock. I think her story was true, since Brad mentioned the stepdad and his abuse being inadmissible at her trial.

I've never seen the actress who plays the ex wife in anything before, but she wasn't clicking for me in this ep. Maybe her character is just too removed from all the good storylines and we don't really know much about her. I caught the pilot ep again and her exposition was awful. "Hey, I'm getting married and I want to have another baby with someone else, and please come home and I'll drop the new fiance like a hot potato." Just bad. She was decent last week so hopefully she'll get interesting again with Lacey around. 

I like Carter and want to know more about him.. I hope we get to see his story as well. 

Lear...jeez. He gets it, but he's pretty passive with everything, isn't he? I like that he and Brad talked and that didn't get dragged out for 3 episodes. 

I continue to like the music. It's just enough without turning the show into a music video.

Fanning is still a great villain. I love the scenes of him and Babcock "talking".

Preview looks whoa.

I would definitely watch the Amy, Brad, Carter and Lacey being badass show.

• Love 8

Oh yeah, Lacey is still alive! And cleaning guns until she can get back in action! She was clearly way too awesome to just die in her first episode. Good thing the ex wife is a pretty great doctor apparently! You know a show is good when it knows when not to off its coolest characters too quickly.

Another really good episode! Its scary and intense, but also has a lot of nice heartfelt and funny moments. While Amy and Brad are the emotional center of the show, they are doing a good job at showing different sides of the various characters, and giving them humanizing moments. I love Amy and Brads relationship, he is such a great dad for her, and I love how on the same page they are, and how they have each others back. The actors have great father/daughter chemistry, and Amy is such a well drawn kid character. She is very smart and self sufficient and snarky, but is also clearly a kid who gets scared and reactions to things the way a kid would.

Liked seeing some of Babcocks backstory, I ended up feeling really bad for her. She just wanted to be a make up artist, but she was deeply messed up by her awful family. No wonder she was up for the drug trail, she really didnt have anything. 

Carter seems like a nice guy, him and Amy passing notes was really adorable. I hope we get his backstory, I wonder how he ended up on death row? I think even if he does become a vampire, he could resist his urges, and become our good guy vampire? That could sure as hell be helpful when Fanning enacts his evil plan!

Fanning is a really creepy villain, especially in the dream sequences. Both in jump scares, and just in general as he goes about his creepiness. Looking forward to seeing more of the other vampires! 

Its kind of weird to me that the scientists are so seemingly disinterested in the subjects being possibly sentient, or having bad dreams. I mean, that would be a pretty big freaking deal, you would think that scientists would want to study anything that could change the results. I did chuckle when the nice janitor raised his hand shyly when they asked if anyone was having bad dreams. I mean, I dont feel like it takes a super genius to guess why a subject would let a guy who was nice to her go, even when she had a chance to hurt him, and reach out and kill the guy who was an asshole to her.

I also laughed at head scientist guy insisting that the subjects are NOT vampires, despite the fact that, and Brad pointed out, they look like vampires, sound like vampires, so therefore, they must BE vampires. But no, scientists do not call anything vampires damn it! Even if they suck blood, get all pale and creepy, and burn in the sun...

• Love 7

Shauna: Danny, it is really important that you never say the word "panties" in front of me again.

Brad: You keep saying "virals." They drink blood and turn to ash in the sun. Why don't you just call them vampires?
Jonas: Because we're scientists, Agent Wolgast, and there's no such thing as vampires.

Lila: Um, is that a good idea while you're taking pain meds?
Lacey: I'm not taking the pain meds. I like to feel it so it doesn't dilute my anger at the individuals who shot me.

• Love 10

Yay, Lacey is alive!!

I love that Amy has already started her Shawn Spencer training thanks to Brad. I also love that Brad takes every opportunity to take anything he can from the guards, the medical team, etc.

I also liked Amy making friends with Carter. It's little things that can help keep hope alive in impossible situations like being turned into a vampire by the government.

Although it's obviously terrible that they're turning a little girl into a vampire, the one good thing about that whole situation is that it means the relationship between Brad and Amy is clearly platonic. I do not need a show about an abducted girl and her kidnapper/rescuer falling in love.

Poor Shauna. Her life really sucked. I can't decide who was a worse person: her raping pedophile stepfather or her complicit mother who knew about it the entire time and claims that her eight year old daughter could have just said no.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 8

Best show this year. I love Amy and Brad so much, they have great chemistry and wonderful dynamic. I'm glad the scientists aren't bad just because, this episode humanized them. Nichole Sykes knows what she's doing is wrong and I'm glad she's feeling guilty about it even if she still believes she has no other choice.  I hated Clark, but this episode I love that we got to see a different side of him, he might not be the evil guy I thought he was, I understand him a little more. Love what we saw of Babcock, I'm really rooting for her now. Carter and Amy's friendship is heartwarming, I hope we get his back story too. Fanning is just creepy and a great villain. Can't wait for next episode.

• Love 3

Best show this year. I love Amy and Brad so much, they have great chemistry and wonderful dynamic. I'm glad the scientists aren't bad just because, this episode humanized them. Nichole Sykes knows what she's doing is wrong and I'm glad she's feeling guilty about it even if she still believes she has no other choice.  I hated Clark, but this episode I love that we got to see a different side of him, he might not be the evil guy I thought he was, I understand him a little more. Love what we saw of Babcock, I'm really rooting for her now. Carter and Amy's friendship is heartwarming, I hope we get his back story too. Fanning is just creepy and a great villain. Can't wait for next episode.

• Love 5
On 1/28/2019 at 2:11 PM, scarynikki12 said:

Until the episodes have aired at their scheduled time in the US, all discussion of the details are to be treated as spoilers and must be tagged accordingly. 

ahhhh sorry - I have no idea when it airs in the States.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:11 PM, Kelda Feegle said:

I noticed this too - partway through the episode, weird.

Glad it wasn't just me! 

I'm glad Lacey is alive, I didn't have any faith at all that she would be.  What I am confused about is the ex-wife's approach to getting the story out there.  When Lacey said she would get the story out there, I assumed it would be through more...seemingly anonymous channels? Seems kinda reckless otherwise. 

The season previews have shown

Spoiler

Amy somehow warding off Fanning from attacking Brad.  I thought that was happening in the real world, but I now believe that happens in the dream world. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

• Love 2

So they half-burned Shauna- does that permanently hurt her or can she regenerate (or whatever)?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I don't really understand what the scientists are aiming for. I know it's fantasy, but it needs to be a consistent premise, IMO. I still don't see how they went from 'one of us accidentally became a vampire (Fanning) and then we decided to make some more because (reasons)' to this will cure 1) the flu in China and 2) everything (if I understood the dialogue in episode 3 correctly)?

• Love 4
16 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I have to agree with the posters that Saniyya Sidney had a growth spurt between filming episodes 2 and 3. She looks about one to half a foot taller. 

THANK YOU!!  I kept looking at that kid and looking at that kid and could NOT put my finger on what was obviously different about her.  I said to myself, "Self, Amy looks older than 10.  But she couldn't have grown that much between episodes."  So she indeed has grown between the FILMING of the episodes.  Looks like she's hit puberty too and that's what kept blowing my mind - that no kid grows that fast that soon.  Anyhoo, she's still cute as a button and has great chemistry with the Brad character.  Hope she doesn't have too many growth spurts or it will look kinda weird.  I don't think bringing in a younger actor to play her would work.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I don't really understand what the scientists are aiming for. I know it's fantasy, but it needs to be a consistent premise, IMO. I still don't see how they went from 'one of us accidentally became a vampire (Fanning) and then we decided to make some more because (reasons)' to this will cure 1) the flu in China and 2) everything (if I understood the dialogue in episode 3 correctly)?

I have the same problem. I really like this show, but I think they set up the premise poorly. I've already mention that they haven't really shown why it is so vital to kidnap people and inject them with vampire blood. Maybe this flu really is super virulent, be we haven't seen it.

The other part is about how this is the story of a group of morally conflicted individuals. Except that's not how the project started. They started it as a for profit enterprise that was explicitly designed to circumvent medical ethics rules. They kidnapped people and injected them with an untested vaccine they knew would have negative effects. That's not morally conflicted, that's evil. That includes Brad. He decided to take a kidnapped multiple people (including a kid) and handed them over without knowing what would become of them? Sure, he didn't know they would become vampires, but didn't it ever occur to him that they he might be sending them to a human trafficking ring or a black market organ donor scheme?

Eventually I just decided to fanwank that the first two years of Project Noah didn't happen. It makes the current dynamic more reasonable.

I can't wait for the asshole doctor to become lunch. 

• Love 3

I am mostly loving this show. I’m a book fan and they kept the Amy and Brad dynamic and nailed it!  The first time I saw her, I thought, “Hmmm, I didn’t know Amy was black.”  But after that, I didn’t care at all. She’s a fabulous, young actress!  I have been a little surprised by show Anthony, but love him very much. I’m not such a fan of the Babcock changes. 

Spoiler

Anthony was a good guy in the book, but didn’t seem smart, possibly mentally challenged in some way.  I love both Anthony Carters.  I live how they are already starting the relationship between Anthony and Amy. If you like spoilers, Anthony was the only one of the 12 who wasn’t guilty of murder. Book Babcock was a very violent, large, and powerful man.  They are going to have to do a lot more to make me see Shauna Babcock as evil instead of a victim  Book Babcock came across as evil incarnate!  

• Love 2

I wonder if Carter ends up helping Amy in the dream world? That would be cool to see, plus I want Carter to go on the run with Amy and Brad.

Babcock was introduced as a horrible cut throat type person, at least that's what her former guard said. But I think the flashbacks did their job in making us sympathetic, which is exactly what Fanning told her to do. It worked, but she still killed her guard and seems more than willing to go wild on anyone else. She's also in cahoots with Fanning, so...

I'm glad Lacey's alive.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ex-wife because whenever I see her I just think of Nina Dobrev. They look so similar that it's kind of distracting. It's great that she's all in now, but I wonder how her boyfriend feels. I also don't really trust that reporter so I hope she's smart enough to take Lacey in for backup.

I'm still living the show but this episode has me rooting for the vampires. The scientists completely dismissed the idea of communication and what have you. It seems so stupid of them, especially since they're scientists and should be smarter.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, sempervivum said:

So they half-burned Shauna- does that permanently hurt her or can she regenerate (or whatever)?

Shauna started healing as soon as they turned the light off.

From what they said in the Lucas/Fanning backstory as well as the guy who suggested testing the drug on the little girl.  Lucas heard about the Vampire in the jungle, he was 250 years old and the sample of his blood impressed both Lucas and Fanning. They thought it could be a cure all for everything.

After Fanning was infected/turned they used his blood to try and recreate the healing benefits without the vampire aspects. They've been tweaking the drug with each new subject, Babcock and Carter were the last 2 subjects. They thought it was a combination of the new drug and young age that would get them the cure for everything.

I wonder if the plan was to use the drug once they perfected? Or use the final test subjects blood to create the ultimate cure all?

It's a fantasy show but, they did set down and explain the "science" behind it, enough that it makes sense within the show, IMO.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Poor Babcock. I think her story was true, since Brad mentioned the stepdad and his abuse being inadmissible at her trial.

I forgot that line, I was trying to figure out why Babcock ended up on death row for killing her abusive parents. It seemed like that should have gotten her some leniency in sentencing. But man, why wouldn't that have been admissible? Seems pretty unfair

Brad's ex-wife seems like a respected doctor. Did she just disappear from her life and new fiance?

The one thing that is bugging me, why does Amy only call Brad "the agent"? She never says his name, it is weird. Is that a book thing?

• Love 4
18 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Although it's obviously terrible that they're turning a little girl into a vampire, the one good thing about that whole situation is that it means the relationship between Brad and Amy is clearly platonic. I do not need a show about an abducted girl and her kidnapper/rescuer falling in love.

Eeew.  And ... what the fuckety fuck have you been watching to lead you down this twisty path?!!!  ;-)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Just the general tv show/movie stuff where two people who are male/female must inevitably fall in love!

But this is a kid and grown man. So that possibility doesn't seem like it was ever considered. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Just the general tv show/movie stuff where two people who are male/female must inevitably fall in love!

When the male is a grown man and the female is a little girl?  Dark, my friend.  Dark & twisty!  :-(

He's her wannabe Daddy - the one who doesn't molest her, or even THINK about doing so.  I am told those exist.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

But this is a kid and grown man. So that possibility doesn't seem like it was ever considered. 

And that's why I said it's one of the reasons I'm glad that Amy is a kid. If her character had been a teenager or in her early 20s, it would be surprising if they didn't develop some kind of romantic relationship.

I'm just tired of male/female characters having to be in a romantic or sexual relationship just because they're male/female.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's a fantasy show but, they did set down and explain the "science" behind it, enough that it makes sense within the show, IMO.

Thanks, Morrigan. I must have missed the explanation, whenever it was offered. I admit I don't exactly find this gripping TV and often do other things while 'watching'.

• Love 2

After everything i forgot to give my thoughts on the episode.  Very Happy Lacey is alive, i like her.  Not a fan of Ex-Wife/Doctor but, she is part of the plot but, i just don't care about that stuff right now.  I want to know more about The Vampires and Amy/Brad

I loved Amy/Carter making friends, i hope Carter holds it together and doesn't go evil vampire on us, he really seems like a good guy even if he was on Death Row.  Really liked the backstory on Babcock, she's another one who seems like a good person, even as a vampire, i liked her scenes with Fanning where she was like just f*ck it, maybe it's the end for me and I'm OK with it.

I haven't read the books and don't know any spoilers but, i wonder if this will come down to an Amv vs Fanning thing?  Like Fanning and Amy fighting for control over the vampires?  Good vs Evil?

All, in all, i've really enjoyed the first 3 episodes and the most recent was my favorite.

• Love 7

On seeing Amy's reaction when she sees the Major, I'm glad they were both black.  If either or both were white, there wouldn't be that sense of betrayal -- "She looks like me and my mom and everyone I know!" -- that Amy showed.

So glad Lacey's alive!

• Love 5

I just left a comment at the Project Blue Book thread, grousing about the acting skills of the cast and it occurred to me how even with the suspension of disbelief needed for this show, the acting is excellent imo. Especially the little girl and the agent. Great chemistry.

• Love 10

I'm loving this show.  It has been a while since I found myself actually looking forward to a new episode of a show each week and putting my full focus on the tv while it's on. I think they're doing a great job balancing humor, heart and horror, and I love that they're investing in some good music to set the mood.

I did read the books (and somewhat recently, too), and I don't find myself bothered by the changes they're making (though not sure I buy that Babcock would have gotten the death penalty for that...even if the abuse was inadmissible). I do wonder how they will approach some things in the future, but I'm happy enough to be along for the ride for now. 

I love that they have a lot of gray characters...no one is coming across as completely evil (except maybe Fanning, but they haven't given him much backstory yet). The Amy/Brad relationship is perfection. 

I'm looking forward to the backstories of the rest of the 12 like they did with Babcock last night, and more background on the doctors and government employees. I'm not sure if they will delve into all of that, but I think it would be interesting. The trickiest thing for the showrunners may be deciding the pacing given all of the material they have to work with. 

I work in government-funded scientific research, and, of course, something like this wouldn't be allowed...but, given what's at stake, I can buy the shady, behind the scenes funding of this research using doomed prisoners that people are unlikely to care about. Their biggest mistake was probably using death row inmates, who are likely to get more press.   

• Love 5