Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

4DA4D1DB-2947-463E-A04E-8BAA7348C9AE.jpeg

0A4D91AD-35DF-47B1-A355-BE801F78DA2E.jpeg

11999DD4-9444-4F7E-B05F-0B5AAACF7FB9.jpeg

In the picture of Group 4, I realize shadows play a part, but some of the rookies look like they have huge thighs - Caroline in particular, I believe. I think Maddie looks great. That being said, it seems like camera angle has a ton to do with how they look. I personally think they all look fantastic and would give almost anything to have ever looked like they do! I'm sure in person they are teeny tiny.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Tarode said:

In the picture of Group 4, I realize shadows play a part, but some of the rookies look like they have huge thighs - Caroline in particular, I believe. I think Maddie looks great. That being said, it seems like camera angle has a ton to do with how they look. I personally think they all look fantastic and would give almost anything to have ever looked like they do! I'm sure in person they are teeny tiny.

Every single one in the group 4 picture looks like they have short squatty legs...and yes it's all angles.  They really need better photographers or whoever chooses the pics to be released needs a head thump! 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Tarode said:

You said what I was thinking! It's gotta be angles, no? Kelli hatesss large thighs.

• Love 2
Just now, Taralightner said:

Thanks for posting. It does seem like one of their simpler ones. It’s hard to hear the song. Thanks again! 

I think the song was easier to hear during their insta stories that day, seems those are taken closer than the twitter videos. So weird

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Aww.  I’m sad we won’t get to see Judy arranging the ‘beautiful bouquet of cheerleaders’ and Kelli’s explanation of mixing up the hair colors.  ?

Lol I think they figured we've seen it enough (e.g. the rookies talking about how excited they are, the boxes, how it hurts to keep smiling, feet hurting, etc...)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tarode said:

That’s not a flattering picture of Caroline at all... agree it could totally just be angles.

59 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Every single one in the group 4 picture looks like they have short squatty legs...and yes it's all angles.  They really need better photographers or whoever chooses the pics to be released needs a head thump! 

I think whoever took that pic was eye level or lower than the girls. Terrible. You always take pics at a higher angle!!!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2

This is definitely one of my favorite rookie years: there is true diversity (not just hair color), some really strong dancers, four new show group members, beautiful new faces and a bunch of overall standouts. Even from just the first couple of weeks, some girls look like they could already make the cover of the swimsuit calendar or the MTT ITunes logo (Rachel, Briana, Hannah, Taylor, Gabby, Madeline M). 

I’m excited for the rest of this season!!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Everyone looks beautiful & happy.  My fav part of the show...the team is finalized and everyone is relieved to be part of the team!  

Agreed.  I hate that the show won't include the squad photo.  :-(

• Love 1
8 hours ago, PBSLover said:

The first time in the show’s history we will not be seeing the squad photo being taken.

I think in Season 11 the squad photo was not shown in the show. I think it ended up being a deleted scene. I remember two year vet Simone was crying because she was missing a friend's wedding, and Kelli ask her why she looked sad and upset. Personally I do not mind not seeing it because it is the same thing every time they take it. You are a part of DCC History, I cannot believe I am in the photo, cannot wait to show it to my family and friends, I do not care where I am in the picture as long as I am in the picture etc. etc.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 8/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, PrincessLeia said:

I was not a fan at all.... based on that photo. I admit I thought she looked trashy. But I was completely wrong. She is gorgeous and so well spoken. 

Her choice of hair color was risky for trying out for DCC- I totally get where one would get that impression; However, as I saw what an amazing dancer she was during audition and she had such a pretty face, I was really rooting for her!  I was soooo thinking she would be a perfect makeover and own it!!  I'm so glad they TPTB took that chance on her, she was obviously worth it!!! 

• Love 7

39539730_228991027781158_965930830541094912_n.thumb.jpg.c0558dabdf8f201db472e7d716186716.jpg

Alexis posted this pic , I noticed this random pic in the background. What is it ? It's maybe an audition pic but why is this hanging there ? So random !!

Edited by mmm
19 hours ago, Holly85 said:

E22383BC-D1C4-433D-A053-AFC64EA9922C.jpeg

Wow, so from the looks of this pic..Alexis is right up front too. I really like her and so happy for her!

19 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Pretty sure that’s Miranda

It was on the DCC IG story when I saw it, it was Yuko behind Lexie, but IG stories expire and J&K were still moving people around so it is possible she was moved but Yuko was over Lexie's left shoulder not right in the pic I saw. Yuko was positioned behind Lexie and Tasha...

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Is that from the Jane Seymore (sp?) DCC movie?

Do they like that movie to put a picture of it on the wall ? I thought that movie made them look bad !!

4 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Thanks for posting. It does seem like one of their simpler ones. It’s hard to hear the song. Thanks again! 

I have noticed a change over the past 5 ish years, in the routines that kind changes up the style a bit.  I know times change and dance steps/moves evolve which is why I think its cool when a girl stays for 5 or more years because sometimes their DCC time crosses those changes.  Misty Copeland comes to mind with the V cut shorts changing to the straight low waist and late 90 s ish style into 2005 where dance moves, IMO took it up a notch (thank you Beyonce!!) I can see this happening again currently as I am learning new routines, they are much more sharp and tight movements and a lot less bounce leaning closely to the hip hop ish style. I would like to see more large movements from waist down, like when was the last time we heard Judy say (Get low!!)   Getting low and booty poppin isn't what I am talking about wanting to see but I know that these later routines take less stamina for me to do than the earlier ones.  Even in the video where they perform (She's Country) which is a routine they have done for a loooong time, while they girls look awesome, there is a sass that's missing.  I still think they look great, just getting used to new sequences.   

• Love 2
21 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I did see the salons that Marshall works at (or owns) do a makeover package, so I'm guessing the top local candidates have already gone in for a preliminary consultation at least. 

Marshall is employed by and does not own the local to DFW area chain of salons - Tangerine.  

2 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Interesting that all the GLs and 2GLs are at an appearance today but Heather is there in Khalyns place

Khayln prob had to work, i'm assuming school started down there so events during the day will be next to impossible for her to attend. 

40 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

You can really see Maddies weight gain here. Even compared to KaShara, you can see it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is moved from the triangle if she doesn’t get it in check

A7C5A860-F4A4-43D7-8FB3-984B56186A46.jpeg

57B21AA4-54E6-45FE-980B-370021C8A80A.jpeg

i mean i guess she has filled out since her first year but she still isn't ballooning over her shorts and her legs look good.  i honestly think part of it is that terrible hair style she has right now - she needs to get it cut shorter so that curls are more full and slim her face. i have a round face too and lots of volume is your bff or else your hair can just emphasize how big your face is. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Khayln prob had to work, i'm assuming school started down there so events during the day will be next to impossible for her to attend. 

i mean i guess she has filled out since her first year but she still isn't ballooning over her shorts and her legs look good.  i honestly think part of it is that terrible hair style she has right now - she needs to get it cut shorter so that curls are more full and slim her face. i have a round face too and lots of volume is your bff or else your hair can just emphasize how big your face is. 

Maybe she's eating her feeling and to depressed to work out. She lost her friend who had Down Syndrome recently, right?

2 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Her friend Matt Nielsen passed away six months ago. Definitely a hard thing she has had to deal with, but she hasn’t been eating badly or not working out for six months. Maddie is definitely filling out and not as small as she was as a rookie. She’s one of those girls who made the team very young so her body is going to change. And like @LaurenBrook said, her hairstyle isn’t really helping either.

Yes, trying to maintain your 18 year old figure as you become an adult woman is unnatural. Let the girl become a woman, y'all!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Katherine1904 said:

You can really see Maddies weight gain here. Even compared to KaShara, you can see it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is moved from the triangle if she doesn’t get it in check

A7C5A860-F4A4-43D7-8FB3-984B56186A46.jpeg

57B21AA4-54E6-45FE-980B-370021C8A80A.jpeg

I doubt it! kashara never lost point for being on ww (not that she should have lost it), Melissa had weight issues too...

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

But they’re supposed to be taking this into consideration too when picking GLs... it’s not fair to Heather to first be demoted and then fill in for the new 2GL who doesn’t have the time to go to these events.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Maddie’s curls look tighter this year. Does she have a perm now? I know they’re coming back with a vengeance, so maybe Marshall is actually moving th DCC more fashion forward ?

I hope so. That big hair multilayered Farrah Fawcett cut is so dated.

I think it makes sense for Khalyn to be excused from some events. Even if she wasn’t a top 10 dancer on the team, if they want to keep up the story that it’s just a part-time job, then they can’t be expecting girls to be at events all during the day during the work week. 8/9 to 5 are standard work hours.

What do all of the group leaders do as far as employment?

Lacey: student?

Tasha: print model

Kashara: barre instructor 

Khalyn: teacher 

Amy:?

Tess:?

Maddie:?

Kelli: pre-school teacher 

Just now, UnicornKicks said:

Too bad about her face bc she is outdancing everyone in her group. Lacey who?

Yeah, and I would take it a step further and say that she’s outdancing everyone on the team, not just her group. I’m not even a Gina fan, but the girl is killing it!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think it makes sense for Khalyn to be excused from some events. Even if she wasn’t a top 10 dancer on the team, if they want to keep up the story that it’s just a part-time job, then they can’t be expecting girls to be at events all during the day during the work week. 8/9 to 5 are standard work hours.

Yeah, and I would take it a step further and say that she’s outdancing everyone on the team, not just her group. I’m not even a Gina fan, but the girl is killing it!

Amy owns and runs a Dance Company with her fiancé 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Gina is a great dancer BUT her extra hair flips are annoying AF. We see you, dear. Bless your heart.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I feel the same - she's definitely outdancing people but I find her extra hairflips and "sass" distracting.  Sometimes it feels like she is OVER dancing.

The term "blender" is also funny to me, because I feel like with a team of 36 girls, it would be a GOOD thing to blend.. but that's not how they use that term.  Obviously boring is bad but so is being over the top!  Gina stands out to me (distractingly) whereas Lacey looks great but still feels part of the team + choreo.

Edited by Stee
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, Stee said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I feel the same - she's definitely outdancing people but I almost find her extra hairflips and "sass" distracting.  Sometimes it almost feels like she is OVER dancing.

The term "blender" is also funny to me, because I feel like with a team of 36 girls, it would be GOOD to blend.. but that's not how they use that term.  Obviously boring is bad but so is being over the top!

I agree. Gina looks thirsty for attention and needs to know her place. Her extra accents destroys the group's synchronicity. It's a team, remember?

Who wants 36 divas fighting for point. Blenders can also mean No Drama Mamas.

11 minutes ago, Stee said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I feel the same - she's definitely outdancing people but I almost find her extra hairflips and "sass" distracting.  Sometimes it almost feels like she is OVER dancing.

The term "blender" is also funny to me, because I feel like with a team of 36 girls, it would be GOOD to blend.. but that's not how they use that term.  Obviously boring is bad but so is being over the top!

Remember when Judy called her out for "doing a whole difference dance" and she wouldn't admit her bad by saying "I guess, I was doing a different dance".

• Love 9
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

That’s not a flattering picture of Caroline at all... agree it could totally just be angles.

I think whoever took that pic was eye level or lower than the girls. Terrible. You always take pics at a higher angle!!!

Its how the rookies are standing. Note how all the vets have front or both legs bent while the rookies have their front leg straight. They have only been in uniform a few times, they will learn the secret art of posing soon.. Haha 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I thought I've seen somewhere that Lacey is also a spin instructor? Not sure if that that was only temporary though. 

On 8/22/2018 at 1:37 PM, tinabee1967 said:

I think Jenna deserves a second-chance shot at redemption. She's been pilloried over her past mistakes long enough. Time to move onward.

I totally agree!!  

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Stee said:

The term "blender" is also funny to me, because I feel like with a team of 36 girls, it would be a GOOD thing to blend.. but that's not how they use that term.  Obviously boring is bad but so is being over the top!  Gina stands out to me (distractingly) whereas Lacey looks great but still feels part of the team + choreo.

I’m really glad it’s not just me. In one of the group one videos that has been posted(I’m on mobile and don’t currently have the patience to try to figure out which one lol), Gina’s dancing was distractingly overpowered in a negative way. Yes she was giving more “oomph” than Lacey, but the result was that it looked liked she was making a bunch of mistakes because the rest of the group was together and she was doing her own thing. 

• Love 13