Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, KoKo said:

What is the song that DCC dances to after learning Michelle Key's choreography ?  They've play this particular song quite a bit in the last few seasons........alot of it is instrumental with just a few words.   TIA   

My guess is "My way" by Calvin Harris

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I think she’s really unattractive too.   Say what you will about Dayton and VK, but they are both a ton more DCC pretty than Cassie.  And can both dance better from what I’ve seen too (Cassie got better by the end of her tenure, but going into TC their first year these two are better).  Plus Cassie never had the DCC polish when it came to speaking style. 

OMG! Cassie was a HORRIBLE dancer! Yeah she may have improved over the years, but none of the videos I have seen of her dancing show anything remotely close to what DCC standards they are always crowing about. She would never have made it without her family name. It's just disgusting to hear how true it is too that she was indeed the horrible person that she comes off as. Just a snotty tattletale who probably was liked by no one, but they pretend to be her friends even to this day for whatever reason.....probably to stay in good graces as an alumni. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, KoKo said:

What is the song that DCC dances to after learning Michelle Key's choreography ?  They've play this particular song quite a bit in the last few seasons........alot of it is instrumental with just a few words.   TIA   

It’s “My Way” by Calvin Harris. ?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I've always found Cassie to be incredibly unattractive, but it's probably because I can't divorce her appearance from what I know of her personality.  I talked to someone who cheered with Cassie and she said that if you wanted to have any chance of getting the goodies (i.e., show group, group leader, a decent place in the squad photo, etc.), you had to play the "Cassie game," which was basically kissing Cassie's ass at every turn.  Get on her bad side and things would get quite uncomfortable for you real fast (assuming you weren't dismissed for some bullshit reason, i.e., Olivia).

I remember watching season 3 to this day.  Why?  To this day, I remember the first time Cassie introduced herself during auditions and thinking "She's going to make the squad" and that was strictly because of her name.  I've yet to see any other girl besides Cassie (and Victoria) who were guaranteed spots on the squad because of who they were and not what they could do.  Cassie got on, but both she and Judy had to deal with the constant (and deserved) criticism as well as the occasional charges of nepotism, mainly because people saw Cassie having issues with the dances and getting away with all the excuses her first year despite the viewers being repeatedly reminded that they were going to be harder on her than the other girls (but weren't).

This season seemed to be on track to repeat that with Victoria being the new Cassie, but then she did herself in with everything she pulled.  I guess Kelli didn't want a repeat of Cassie (except Cassie didn't gain weight and supposedly lie about dealing with it like Victoria supposedly did).  If Victoria had made it onto the squad with everything she'd pulled, I suspect the PR nightmare would probably eclipse the Cassie years.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well, maybe losing his one true love Jenna affected his game...

I don’t believe for one second he was ever interested in her. He is known very well for having a type and Jenna is no way , shape or form that type. 

• Love 3

An alumni cheerleader's son just posted a video of the 2018 squad's first pregame performance. I was very excited to see it, and even though it's become a thing, I wish they'd get rid of the game day footage.

I already figured out where Brennan is placed in the formations, but Erin and Madeline M are a mystery. It's to be expected when there's a large group of blondes and brunettes.

Moving on... I know it's already been discussed, but what does everyone think of where the some of vets have been placed in the formations this year?

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

An alumni cheerleader's son just posted a video of the 2018 squad's first pregame performance. I was very excited to see it, and even though it's become a thing, I wish they'd get rid of the game day footage.

I already figured out where Brennan is placed in the formations, but Erin and Madeline M are a mystery. It's to be expected when there's a large group of blondes and brunettes.

Moving on... I know it's already been discussed, but what does everyone think of where the some of vets have been placed in the formations this year?

looks like Madeline M is on the back row of the triangle and also seems that Jinelle is still filling in for Yuko

3 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I know it's already been discussed, but what does everyone think of where the some of vets have been placed in the formations this year?

I know I need to move on, but I simply can't stand seeing Kashara front & center, it should be Lacey.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I know I need to move on, but I simply can't stand seeing Kashara front & center, it should be Lacey.

I appreciate seeing the video. The team looks good as a group. I still think Maddie looks bad upfront because her looks are so plain but that’s just my view. The difference stood out to me.

• Love 4

I like the mother daughter stuff on the show a lot because no other show focuses on that relationship at all. Talking about the daughter of your best friend is different to me than a mother talking about her own daughter.

I don’t like the decision to make the Dayton v Victoria storyline an issue on the show. I’m not sure why they did that because featuring them so much, adding even more fluff, and,  ignoring other rookies has helped make the show bad this season. I feel that Kelli has lost some mojo this season due to her handling of the girls, especially Dayton and Victoria and Judy is really quiet. Maybe because there is less dancing?

I never like it when a girl is cut and she’s never even been featured or discussed. They certainly had time to show more of the last cut so we would know her.

Edited by rose711
Added and
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, viccib said:

looks like Madeline M is on the back row of the triangle and also seems that Jinelle is still filling in for Yuko

This is the first preseason game, so Yuko maybe back by now. They haven't performed lately though so not 100% sure if she is. 

1 hour ago, rose711 said:

Why are the stands so empty in the video? Do the cheerleaders come on super early?

Preseason, which is part of the emptiness. But even during a regular season game you’ll have a bunch of open seats before kickoff. People gotta finish tailgating and enjoying their cheap beer ? 

It’s gotten better, but so many of the Cowboys tickets are corporate owned. You get a lot of casual fans in the stadium as well as away team, more than I’ve see at other pro stadiums. AT&T is a gorgeous stadium but the ticket buy in really priced out a lot of hardcore fans. 

Take what I say with a grain of salt, though, because most NFL games I’ve attended are at Arrowhead and The Clink, the two loudest stadiums in the NFL. And I didn’t attend any Cowboys games this past season since I moved to KC and bought season tickets. 

Headed to Seattle for the Seahawks/Cowboys on the 23rd tho, can’t wait!!! 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

I still think Maddie looks bad upfront because her looks are so plain but that’s just my view. The difference stood out to me.

IMO Khalyn should have that spot, and Tess could take Khalyn's place.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

The girls look more in sync than in years past. 

I'm dying to see where everyone's position is as well. I always appreciate the poster who takes the time to make all those little X's and mark everyone's spot.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. Khalyn or Gina IMO. Maddie looks out of place IMO.

Maddie is cute but just not pretty to look at in terms of DCC.  I hate to say that, but it’s true. She draws the eye in a bad way. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:
27 minutes ago, ByTor said:

IMO Khalyn should have that spot, and Tess could take Khalyn's place.

Agreed. Khalyn or Gina IMO

I would suggest she move to Khalyn's spot, but I'm not sure she's tall enough to not get lost.  In the meantime, I like where Gina is and I will be shocked if she doesn't move up next year.

7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Maddie is cute but just not pretty to look at in terms of DCC.  I hate to say that, but it’s true. She draws the eye in a bad way. 

Yeah. I always thought the reason why they wouldn’t move Jinelle up in the formation was due to looks, but I think she’s prettier than Maddie, so maybe that wasn’t the real reason. 

I know beauty is in the eye beholder, and I’ve got nothing against Maddie. She seems to be a nice person, good team player, and a good dancer. However, I think there are other strong dancers on the team who would look better in that position. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Preseason, which is part of the emptiness. But even during a regular season game you’ll have a bunch of open seats before kickoff. People gotta finish tailgating and enjoying their cheap beer ? 

It’s gotten better, but so many of the Cowboys tickets are corporate owned. You get a lot of casual fans in the stadium as well as away team, more than I’ve see at other pro stadiums. AT&T is a gorgeous stadium but the ticket buy in really priced out a lot of hardcore fans. 

Take what I say with a grain of salt, though, because most NFL games I’ve attended are at Arrowhead and The Clink, the two loudest stadiums in the NFL. And I didn’t attend any Cowboys games this past season since I moved to KC and bought season tickets. 

Headed to Seattle for the Seahawks/Cowboys on the 23rd tho, can’t wait!!! 

This is the tragedy of  AT&T Stadium. So many die hard long time season ticket holders from Texas Stadium couldn’t afford to buy the PSL and season tickets at the new stadium. My husband’s family had 40 yard line season tickets at Texas Stadium and there’s no way they were going to buy those at AT&T. The Jones family got greedy and eliminated a lot of their fan base. We’ve been to games at AT&T and the atmosphere isn’t the same. The field level seats in the club level are full of people dressed to the nines who care more about being seen and partying than watching the game. Everyone was in their seats at Texas Stadium by the time the DCC came on, now the stadium is maybe half full. And they get a lot of visiting team fans who buy tickets from season ticket holders. They’ve lost their home field advantage.

I honestly don't even think games at AT&T are that fun. I miss walking across the freeway on the ramp from the parking lot through all the tailgaters hearing fans screaming “HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!” It was such an old school NFL game experience. 

• Love 17
14 hours ago, MamaV said:

It’s “My Way” by Calvin Harris. ?

THANK YOU!!  It was driving me crazy!!  Once I get it in my head, it keeps playing over and over......and freakin' over, lol

Thank you @ sATL also for your reply ;) 

Well, I love me some Kashara, and would hate for her to have been demoted, but I agree with posters who wish Lacey was up front.  She’s terrific.

I am amazed by the Maddie criticism and slightly surprised by the Khalyn love.  Maddie is unique. Her round face and big curly brown hair shouts girl next door to me.  That has to appeal to some segment of Cowboys fan.  Is it a requirement that 100% of the fans should want to have relations with the three girls upfront?  She dances with nice power and style.

While an excellent dancer, Khalyn leaves me cold.  She photographs icy, but not in a sexy way.   Beyond indicating that the DCC are a diverse bunch, Khalyn’s photos used in promos make me less interested in watching the show.  By the way, I find the Kashara photo used in promos offputting as well. 

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

While an excellent dancer, Khalyn leaves me cold.  She photographs icy, but not in a sexy way.   Beyond indicating that the DCC are a diverse bunch, Khalyn’s photos used in promos make me less interested in watching the show.  By the way, I find the Kashara photo used in promos offputting as well. 

I think Khalyn is one of the most beautiful girls on the team, but I agree that either 1) she’s not the most photogenic or 2) they pick bad pictures of her to showcase on social media and in promo materials. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I do see a lot of her IG post and pics and she does attend a lot of their baby showers etc. I think she was at Sidney's baby shower, and I think that she and Ashton are close. Was Ashton one of Cassie's bridesmaids? The one BFF she had during her DCC years was Melissa. I don't believe they are friends anymore (this was discussed on the old site)but I can't remember what happened between the 2 of them. I don't even think that Melissa was one of her bridesmaids, and now Melissa is expecting but the pics that were taken of her and the DCC at her shower proves that Cassie was not there

yeah, they aren't friends anymore. 

18 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Yea, I mentioned that I saw Cassie at Sydney's baby shower but I didnt see Cassie at Melissa's baby shower. Of course there are probably more pics than what I saw but I can only mention the ones I did see. 

Nope, she was not invited to Melissa's shower. 

• Love 5

I am a Jay fan so I don't mind his segments.  They are always over the top but I appreciate that he truly seems to care about the girls doing their best, being in great shape and making/staying on the squad.  I feel like this segment was just edited weird and we missed something that happened...maybe he was trying to get everyone's attention for a while and some were messing around or didn't pay attention.  I also do not think Jay was trying to make it sound like he had a say in who got cut.  I think his point was that, this audition process is hardcore - take it seriously because if you think it's a joke, you aren't going to be prepared and Kelli and Judy will cut you from camp.  I guess I just did not take it like he was acting like HE made those decisions. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I've always found Cassie to be incredibly unattractive, but it's probably because I can't divorce her appearance from what I know of her personality.  I talked to someone who cheered with Cassie and she said that if you wanted to have any chance of getting the goodies (i.e., show group, group leader, a decent place in the squad photo, etc.), you had to play the "Cassie game," which was basically kissing Cassie's ass at every turn.  Get on her bad side and things would get quite uncomfortable for you real fast (assuming you weren't dismissed for some bullshit reason, i.e., Olivia).

I am so not surprised.  She has always come across as a Mean Girl.  I was a Cassie fan when she first auditioned and then as training camp started, she was given an excuse or was excused at every turn.  And then my dislike for her grew and got worse exponentially when she got engaged after a game, when I have read that things like that were forbidden and to not even ask, and then they did the "Cassie Show" disguising it as a Brides Special.  (Which by the way hasn't even happened since.)  Even when her last season audition was so sub-par and the only reason she made it back was because of her favoritism and nepotism at that point, made me so mad.  Anyone else that fell out of turns or messed up wasn't even given a second look or thought.  Thank you for confirming my suspicions all along. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Wow - their performance was really great.  Their lines and synchronization were top notch.  Only “negatives” I noticed was Maddie looking heavy and not like a DCC.   They should have one of the more DCC-pretty strong dancers in her spot.  Kashara looks kind of thick too, but at least she’s really prettty and her waist is thin so it looks okay (unlike Maddie).

I don’t like something about Hannah’s hair around the ears.   It almost looks like a mullet.  Think they should change the style/cut of it.  Daphne’s hair sometimes gives me the same vibe, but didn’t notice it in this performance.

Rachel and Tasha looked really pretty in the walk off footage. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

The girl on the end of the kickline (Maybee Ashlee)  Her kicks are smackin!  To the forehead!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’m pretty sure she was joking......

Yes I was!

40 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

And who is the blonde shown dancing around the 3:35 mark in that video?   She has really good power in her dancing - caught my eye.   Is it Kelli?  I really can’t tell who it is and even paused it, etc. 

It looks like Kelli!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:
45 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

And who is the blonde shown dancing around the 3:35 mark in that video?   She has really good power in her dancing - caught my eye.   Is it Kelli?  I really can’t tell who it is and even paused it, etc. 

It looks like Kelli!

No surprise, Kelli always catches my eye (in a good way).

• Love 4
9 hours ago, viccib said:

I see now. Madeline M's the third to last person on the right in the seventh row, and Erin's the second to last person on the right in the sixth row.

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

You're not the only one, but I want to give KaShara a chance to prove that she deserves to be point again. I want to say that she was very strong while performing Michelle Key's new choreography at the Cowboys' training camp based on that video, but thanks to that tent, it's hard to tell. Maybe her and Lacey will switch throughout the season. I mean, it's been said that the squad's done it before.

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Yep. That's her! Kelli's now where Maggie was positioned for formations last year. 

As for anyone else that's moved up to where others were positioned last year.

Of course we know that Maddie, Khalyn and Gina moved up to where Jenna, Robin and Cersten used to be.

Amy has now moved up to where Kelli used to be.

Tasha has now moved up to where Elizabeth used to be(?).

Lexie has now moved up to where Stephanie used to be.

Lauren has now moved up to where Tess used to be(?).

Edited by CowboysFanatic
Correcting something.
19 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She really stood out to me.  I was like “wow - who’s that?” - :).

I'm amazed at how many times she tried out before she made training camp.  When I went back to watch old seasons, I was surprised to see how many times that I saw her in the background.  I was really shocked to see her all the way back in Season 4!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

It's funny how differently they come across to people. Lacey never draws my eye- I have nothing against her, I just don't notice her. My eyes always go to Kashara, for some reason (they always did to Jenna as well). 

• Love 22
37 minutes ago, edelweiss said:

I'm amazed at how many times she tried out before she made training camp.  When I went back to watch old seasons, I was surprised to see how many times that I saw her in the background.  I was really shocked to see her all the way back in Season 4!

I agree!  To me, that shows just how flawed the audition process is.  I remember one of those early seasons they showed Kelli dancing at one point during prelims and I thought "wow, she's great!" But she didn't make it, nor was she one of the featured girls so we weren't told anything about her.  The season she didn't finally make it (and made show group as a rookie!!), there was a training camp rehearsal where Kelli said "that's the first time I've ever noticed how good you are" or something to that effect.  I thought -- are you blind???

5 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

It's funny how differently they come across to people. Lacey never draws my eye- I have nothing against her, I just don't notice her. My eyes always go to Kashara, for some reason (they always did to Jenna as well). 

Yeah, I see why Lacey isn't point.  She's too wispy of a dancer.  Lovely to be sure, but power is not her strong suit.  Point needs to be a powerhouse dancer.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I agree!  To me, that shows just how flawed the audition process is.  I remember one of those early seasons they showed Kelli dancing at one point during prelims and I thought "wow, she's great!" But she didn't make it, nor was she one of the featured girls so we weren't told anything about her.  The season she didn't finally make it (and made show group as a rookie!!), there was a training camp rehearsal where Kelli said "that's the first time I've ever noticed how good you are" or something to that effect.  I thought -- are you blind???

Yeah, I see why Lacey isn't point.  She's too wispy of a dancer.  Lovely to be sure, but power is not her strong suit.  Point needs to be a powerhouse dancer.

Do you think Holly P would be point this season if she had kept her nose clean?  I thought she was really an eye catcher!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I would’ve liked to have seen Lacey given a shot at point last year after Jenna was demoted. There was nothing overly special about Kashara last year IMO, so Im not sure why she jumped her. However, I think Kashara looks stronger this year (that or it may just be that she’s one of the few actual performers left of the vets), and while Lacey is good, I don’t think she’s outdancing Kashara to the point where they would or should switch them. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Jenna was a very eye catching dancer at the DCC style.  Not sure how she was at other styles, but she was very good at the dances they perform as a team - at least from the videos I’ve seen.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I tend to believe this more.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I would’ve liked to have seen Lacey given a shot at point last year after Jenna was demoted. There was nothing overly special about Kashara last year IMO, so Im not sure why she jumped her. However, I think Kashara looks stronger this year (that or it may just be that she’s one of the few actual performers left of the vets), and while Lacey is good, I don’t think she’s outfancing Kashara to the point where they would or should switch them. 

Kashara does look better at point this year.  It could be the one of the few strong vets left thing like you said, or more because she doesn’t have Jenna right behind her in the triangle noticeably outdancing her.

To me Maddie looks like a weak link at the front of the triangle - and the whole performance actually.  Even her kicks looked really poor (if she’s the one I thought).   I get that she has a nice personality and that’s what they see in her, but she doesn’t look like she belongs out there compared to the other 35 in my opinion.   I think everyone else looked great. 

• Love 12

When will Kelli and Judy retire? I want Jen A for director and Michelle Keys for head choreographer. That will keep me watching. As soon as my favorite DCC retires, I'm out. We need new leaders whose reputations have not been marred with nepotism and insubordinate drama. DCC needs a fresh start.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I think she’s really unattractive too.   Say what you will about Dayton and VK, but they are both a ton more DCC pretty than Cassie.  And can both dance better from what I’ve seen too (Cassie got better by the end of her tenure, but going into TC their first year these two are better).  Plus Cassie never had the DCC polish when it came to speaking style. 

THAT REALLY SUCKS that you'd say that ;)  

I can imagine what it was like for Cassie growing up with such a gorgeous and talented mother.  To be sure, I wasn't repulsive or anything as a teen; I just didn't have the height, the long, compliant, dark hair, piercing green eyes or stunning figure my mom had. One of the Church Ladies once told me that my mother "looked just like Vivian Leigh, only more beautiful." She found it impossible to wheel her own groceries and load them in the car because every teenage boy in a quarter mile radius would seemingly get there first.  To my knowledge she never once got a speeding ticket.  Every year, her series of small group yoga classes would break the bank at my school's auction because the ladies in our town knew that my mom was a great yoga teacher, but also because she was free with beauty tips and clothing advice and, hey, who didn't want to look like Anne?

No matter how great the mother-daughter relationship, a large looks discrepancy is hard for the less attractive daughter.  I'm sure it couldn't have been easy being Cassie, even when she made DCC.  In her heart, she had to know she wasn't as good a dancer as the others, at least at first.  And I guarantee she knew that she was not "high definition" ready like her mother.  By the end of her reign, um, I mean tenure, she had made the absolute most of everything she had but still couldn't approach her mom in the looks department.  Really, it's no wonder she was always rocking the bitch face.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

As much as I LOVE Lacey, I will have to agree. She just doesn't have as much punch and power as Kashara. Fantastic dancer, but she blends..in a good way.

22 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Do you think Holly P would be point this season if she had kept her nose clean?  I thought she was really an eye catcher!

If she relaxed on all those facials, I think she would have been just fine.

7 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

When will Kelli and Judy retire? I want Jen A for director and Michelle Keys for head choreographer. That will keep me watching. As soon as my favorite DCC retires, I'm out. We need new leaders whose reputations have not been marred with nepotism and insubordinate drama. DCC needs a fresh start.

Saaaaaame. I'm not a fan of Jen as a choreographer, but she would definitely be a great director based on what I've seen from her. She seems responsible, reliable, and people listen to her.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

THAT REALLY SUCKS that you'd say that ;)  

I can imagine what it was like for Cassie growing up with such a gorgeous and talented mother.  To be sure, I wasn't repulsive or anything as a teen; I just didn't have the height, the long, compliant, dark hair, piercing green eyes or stunning figure my mom had. One of the Church Ladies once told me that my mother "looked just like Vivian Leigh, only more beautiful." She found it impossible to wheel her own groceries and load them in the car because every teenage boy in a quarter mile radius would seemingly get there first.  To my knowledge she never once got a speeding ticket.  Every year, her series of small group yoga classes would break the bank at my school's auction because the ladies in our town knew that my mom was a great yoga teacher, but also because she was free with beauty tips and clothing advice and, hey, who didn't want to look like Anne?

No matter how great the mother-daughter relationship, a large looks discrepancy is hard for the less attractive daughter.  I'm sure it couldn't have been easy being Cassie, even when she made DCC.  In her heart, she had to know she wasn't as good a dancer as the others, at least at first.  And I guarantee she knew that she was not "high definition" ready like her mother.  By the end of her reign, um, I mean tenure, she had made the absolute most of everything she had but still couldn't approach her mom in the looks department.  Really, it's no wonder she was always rocking the bitch face.

Resting Dopey Face

• Love 4