Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Seems to me she looked like this at auditions as well.  

Her hair looks great though.  

I would never stand by Molly. The woman is genetically blessed with the metabolism of a hummingbird. Life is so unfair.

• Love 16
18 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Yes, trying to maintain your 18 year old figure as you become an adult woman is unnatural. Let the girl become a woman, y'all!

Exactly, I've said this a few times. TPTB seem to like choosing young impressionable young ladies (that can dance) on the squad. However, they dont take into account that you can't maintain that 18 year old body forever.  Our bodies change, especially between the ages of 18 - 25. 

• Love 5
On 8/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, NMDD43 said:

That's Miranda?! I swear every picture I see of her she looks different

I've never been a fan of Miranda. To me personally, she appears very matronly and gives off a "stuffy" vibe.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, rose711 said:

I miss Holly this season of the show. I loved her dancing and thought she contributed so much at a  young age. 

I thought Holly was great!  I miss her on DCC, but she’s killin it in LA!  It’s a much better fit for her talent.  She’s way too talented to get stuck being a DCC for more than a few years.  I’ve heard real professional dancers say you’re not a real dancer if you cheer for a professional team for more than a year or two.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ales-ya said:

She’s way too talented to get stuck being a DCC for more than a few years.  I’ve heard real professional dancers say you’re not a real dancer if you cheer for a professional team for more than a year or two.

That's interesting. It makes sense. The longer you stay, the more your options for professional dance jobs dwindle. You probably also get too comfortable with that one particular style. And there are so few from this team that actually make the leap beyond DCC. Holly has the potential to. And obviously Jacie and Olivia did. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

That's interesting. It makes sense. The longer you stay, the more your options for professional dance jobs dwindle. You probably also get too comfortable with that one particular style. And there are so few from this team that actually make the leap beyond DCC. Holly has the potential to. And obviously Jacie and Olivia did. 

I agree. Holly leaving DCC was a blessing in disguise. She's in her prime as a dancer. Is she 21 now?

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

From what Jacie said, she did have to fine-tune her dancing skills post DCC.

https://www.dmagazine.com/health-fitness/2017/08/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-keeps-high-kicking-with-the-rockettes/

To prepare for the Rockettes audition, I needed to go back to the basics and fine-tune my dance technique. That meant a steady schedule of ballet classes, jazz classes, contemporary classes, modern classes, and tap classes. Get my ankles loose again for tap dancing. Dust off my heeled character shoes to practice dancing in. It was a lot.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, lizzi6692 said:

If she doesn’t know how to dance in a team, maybe she should take her “superior dance ability” and find a solo dance job. As someone else pointed out, Holly could dance circles around all the other girls, including Gina, and she knew how to fit in with everyone else. That in and of itself is a skill. And it’s one Gina clearly lacks. 

I agree.

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

From what Jacie said, she did have to fine-tune her dancing skills post DCC.

https://www.dmagazine.com/health-fitness/2017/08/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-keeps-high-kicking-with-the-rockettes/

Jacie is pure class.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Maven said:

Okay, can I just say, Gina looks great with straightened hair! It softens her a bit.

image.png.cb0a77e3ae5a1aec07ea1d5908cfc354.png

I love Gina’s hair in these pics! Definitely the best she has looked, it really makes her look pretty. 

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Trixi said:

So much wrong with that pic not the least being the weird shading making her boobs look circled in orange. Maybe new photographer AND airbrusher for next calender along with someone else picking which ones make the calender. I think Kelli needs to step away from that job  

I agree that Kelli should step away.

I was not impressed with her choice for the big calendar cover Lexi/Kelli? If I can't tell the difference between the two, then there's the proof. I've seen amateur Instagram pics better than that cover. The pose was so basic and the background lack bold colors.

IMHO, artistically, I like Christina's purple suit shot at sunset, the cowboy's suits with Molly, Heather, Yuko, ANY Heather O & Tasha shots. Lacey's shots, with the exception of that tacky metallic suit, and Gina in peach. Even Rachel in between the tile doorway was captivating.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I agree that Kelli should step away.

I was not impressed with her choice for the big calendar cover Lexi/Kelli? If I can't tell the difference between the two, then there's the proof. I've seen amateur Instagram pics better than that cover. The pose was so basic and the background lack bold colors.

IMHO, artistically, I like Christina's purple suit shot at sunset, the cowboy's suits with Molly, Heather, Yuko, ANY Heather O & Tasha shots. Lacey's shots, with the exception of that tacky metallic suit, and Gina in peach. Even Rachel in between the tile doorway was captivating.

I actually liked Kelli's cover shot, but I think that this is a good picture as well.  Their suits advertise the Cowboys and it's like the covers of the past with multiple girls

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I actually liked Kelli's cover shot, but I think that this is a good picture as well.  Their suits advertise the Cowboys and it's like the covers of the past with multiple girls

I forgot about that one. Yes!

9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Love it if Christina wasn't pulling on her suit.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I was just going to say, Christina's former tan line is showing. "(It) is alarmingly low, though." ?

Not as low as it is in some shots, but she did tend to pose that way a lot:/  I was looking at this picture as a possible cover shot and was like, uh no!

Not only that, but I don't like that suit on Rachel - squishes her boobs.  And now that I look at it, it also makes Christina look anorexic next to the other girls cause they've got curves.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Christina has zero presence.

• Love 7

I like Gina with the straight hair. And I've liked Christina's hair straight. In fact I was thinking, I'd like to see how all the girls look with straight hair. I've always preferred it, even though I've grown to like curls too. But I was thinking they should straighten all of the girls' hair one day and take pictures. Ha 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Maven said:

I got this crazy idea tonight. You know how they have the Junior DCC camp? What about a Senior DCC camp? It would be named The Silver and Blue (get it?). Now before anyone laughs me out of the room or says it would be a joke, hear me out. Some of us who are over, say, 45, may not be able to do the jump splits, but we still dance, love the DCC style, and would like the experience DCC dance camp for a week. Maybe @ShellyB would be willing to bring the idea to TPTB?

Sorry, I just got home from Zumba class and I'm on fiyah.

not a crazy idea.. One of reasons I like this show is the exercise part of it as well as the dance. I still haven't gotten around to finding that "rubber-band-thingie" that was featured at the cowboy fit segment and I am working on the push ups with weights. I bet if I could do "Thunderstruck" I could tone and lose a few in the process. I think someone was doing some side ab-toning work too.

Make the senior DCC camp sessions virtual so we call can join in !

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, sATL said:

not a crazy idea.. One of reasons I like this show is the exercise part of it as well as the dance. I still haven't gotten around to finding that "rubber-band-thingie" that was featured at the cowboy fit segment and I am working on the push ups with weights. I bet if I could do "Thunderstruck" I could tone and lose a few in the process. I think someone was doing some side ab-toning work too.

Were they resistance bands? Can't remember but you can find a basic set on Amazon

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Were they resistance bands? Can't remember but you can find a basic set on Amazon

yes. The first one I "found" kinda looked like it wouldn't be long enough to stand on, feet shoulder width apart and raise it up to a bicep curl.  I never had a chance to keep looking  and  now its a week later. The 2nd one had .lbs on the handles , so I didn't know which one to start with - each rope- pounds was a different color. I think the dancers had black rope (15-20 lbs)- I have to review the scene. I never had a chance to keep looking  and  now its a week later. Will add to my to-do list for this weekend . Will add to my to-do list for this weekend . 

Edited by sATL
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yep, it got bad.

I think it is just sad.  It was like K, J & C, were just wanting Victoria to make it so bad and making every excuse for her under the sun, but clearly made it a point that Dayton was to get no special treatment.  That picture is living proof that nepotism is still strong with them, depending on if they like the girl or not. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I think it is just sad.  It was like K, J & C, were just wanting Victoria to make it so bad and making every excuse for her under the sun, but clearly made it a point that Dayton was to get no special treatment.  That picture is living proof that nepotism is still strong with them, depending on if they like the girl or not. 

Has Judy said anything about her?

I wish they would stop pulling they swimsuit bottoms down.   The suits are tiny enough already, and they're going to pull one down someday.    Christina's smile in the Cowboys suit picture is certainly awkward looking, I guess they pushed the shutter when she was moving her mouth.    

They need to spend more money and hire better photographers who know how to pose women for something besides a centerfold, and actually want women to look good.     I bet whoever does the photoshop works very hard to fix the bad pictures, of a bunch of beautiful women.     The cheerleaders deserve better than these photographers.   

I hope the makeovers tonight are good.   I can't wait to see how the bozo orange hair gets fixed.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10
58 minutes ago, sATL said:

Awwww, now I actually have to watch that part to see what you are talking about:)

3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Has Judy said anything about her?

You know, now that you say that, I take it back, maybe it is just K & C . . . but there is also editing  . . . .

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

You know, now that you say that, I take it back, maybe it is just K & C . . . but there is also editing  . . . .

2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

From what I heard Judy was never a fan, but was (as she often is) overruled.

She's had no opinion, no comments, no compliments, etc.  Personally, I think she was never happy with the whole scheme to bring her into camp and figures it's safer to just keep quiet.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

It's almost like the universe was watching out for us fans.  K & C were doing all they could to ignore all objections (and the reality that Victoria is heavy and can't dance) and put Victoria on the team, but Victoria's shocking weight gain and her egregious lies to the powers that be made that impossible.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, sATL said:

yes. The first one I "found" kinda looked like it wouldn't be long enough to stand on, feet shoulder width apart and raise it up to a bicep curl.  I never had a chance to keep looking  and  now its a week later. The 2nd one had .lbs on the handles , so I didn't know which one to start with - each rope- pounds was a different color. I think the dancers had black rope (15-20 lbs)- I have to review the scene. I never had a chance to keep looking  and  now its a week later. Will add to my to-do list for this weekend . Will add to my to-do list for this weekend . 

U can get a 3 pak of just the bands at Walmart with different tensions FYI 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

It's almost like the universe was watching out for us fans.  K & C were doing all they could to ignore all objections (and the reality that Victoria is heavy and can't dance) and put Victoria on the team, but Victoria's shocking weight gain and her egregious lies to the powers that be made that impossible.

Or maybe they do take what the board says into consideration?

1 minute ago, Trixi said:

U can get a 3 pak of just the bands at Walmart with different tensions FYI 

Ok I watched.  Don't get the ones with the handles.  If you get the bands, you can change tension just by wrapping them around your wrist or shortening them.  They gave me those in PT and then this past year, I used them to build my strength back up after being sick.  It's hard to explain, but the handles don't feel as secure.  YouTube has lots of great videos if you put in "resistance bands" or just "bands"  

I was wondering if VK was still working out with her trainer once she got into TC??

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's had no opinion, no comments, no compliments, etc.  Personally, I think she was never happy with the whole scheme to bring her into camp and figures it's safer to just keep quiet.

Judy kept her mouth shut and neutral bc first of all, she was not about to revisit CASSIE DRAMA 2.0.  No matter what she would say or do about Vic or Dayton, somebody would throw up Cassie, even though she retired years and years ago. Say something good, and she's lenient to legacies, bc Cassie. Say something bad, she's too hard on legacies, bc Cassie. Judy can't win so best to stay silent. 

Second, Judy actually cares about the friendship with Shelly and Tina, so just let Kelli do her job and make that decisions. Judy knows by now that she don't have the final say, but will do her best whip whover makes it into shape. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Rookie Rachel is in Kashara’s group and in that video. I made the same mistake, probably because I always forget about rookie Rachel and never notice her in group dance videos.

Oh yes, I guess we need to specify which Rachel! You're right about Rookie Rachel being in the group. I thought the comment was about 2nd year, brunette Rachel.

Poor Christina!     Preserved on the internet for all time to come.   

I love Kelli's blue dress, but I hate the open shoulder part.    

I noticed someone posted a picture of one of the former dancers from the Bring It! show, standing next to one of the DCC posters and saying she thinks she can do that!   No way.   They're not technically trained dancers in that group, and definitely not going to fit the uniform.     Dreams are nice, but delusions are something else.   If she ever even comes to auditions, they'll definitely put her in the 'no way' group.