Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Omg all the leaning and bending over is almost X rated. ?????

Judy is to die for. Gorgeous 

Judy has a great pic. She looks exactly like a DCC should, beautiful, wholesome, approachable, Etc. Those bend over and squeeze your boobs poses are just awful, but Kelli has the absolutely most corny, cheesy, terrible, even for the 80s bad, photos. She looks so awkwardly posed and trying too hard to be sexy in every single photo I’ve seen of her inform. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Omg all the leaning and bending over is almost X rated. ?????

Judy is to die for. Gorgeous 

I remember Judy from way back before I was ever interested in the cheerleaders, she had the most beautiful hair. It's something I never forgot . . . her hair.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, patti0855 said:

I remember Judy from way back before I was ever interested in the cheerleaders, she had the most beautiful hair. It's something I never forgot . . . her hair.

Have you seen the picture with the braids?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Completely disagree.  I love that Maddie is different.  She has a beautiful heart and it shows.  Not everyone needs to be cookie cutter glam.  

Maddie, Kashera, and Khalyn have the wholesome, beautiful, America Sweetheart look and attitude. They aren't the American Diva or American Whore. I find them the total package and refreshing. I'm not sold on Gina or Christina and I'm glad to see Jenna and Cersten go.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I swear when Keli says diverse she means hair color not skin color. 

In Spike Lee's movie "Get on the Bus" there's a scene where this guy meets two black women from Dallas and he asks them "are you the only two black Dallas Cowboys Cheerlesders?"  I was like OUCH.  The DCC's notorious lack of diversity has made it to the big screen.

• Love 7

In my opinion, there is something odd about Gina's facial expressions and smile when she performs.    I don't know if she never alters her expression, or what it is, but she seems frozen.   I'm sure she's a nice person, and I know she's a great dancer, but something just doesn't appeal to me about her facial expressions.   

• Love 12
10 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

It’s like a “find the 5 differences” picture! ??

Amy has really poor form in this picture....especially when compared to Lacey and the rookie beside her (is that Jalyn?).

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Meagan Sharp - was it her last year?  Her hair looked horrible and she's a beautiful girl.  I will try to find it, but I'm not having any luck.  Do you remember when the cameo shots involved the girls reclining or posing on furniture?

Season 1 had them reclining on furniture.  Too funny.

15 hours ago, Donna S said:

Show Group performing at The Star.  Amy's bottom leg is bent, and her back is not straight.

I'll never judge someone's weight from an action shot.  As you scroll through the pictures, there's one of Lauren where he stomach looks puffy, and nothing could be further from the truth.

• Love 1
On 8/18/2018 at 11:30 PM, MssdDrms said:

LOL...good point ...she spent most of her 20’s trying to make the team.  Anyone know who was the oldest cheerleader before they retired?

Wasn't Sunni 33 when she retired? I maybe wrong.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Donna S said:

Show Group performing at The Star.  Amy's bottom leg is bent, and her back is not straight.

I remember someone on here saying they've made the shorts longer in recent years than they used to be. I can only imagine how much of Kelli's butt cheek would be hanging out in the old style Lol. She looks great though!

I think Jinelle would do a great job, but Jenna not so much. They need someone who can be a great role model on and off the field and does not have a sense of entitlement and self-centered. Jinelle is very sweet, down to earth, has great role model abilities, the girls know they could go for her with their problems, and she would do everything to help them succeed on and off the field.

15 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Well, Grand Battement, can be choreographed either in releve or on a flat supporting leg. I think what you’re referring to is the “cheat” that some use to get their kicking leg higher. Since the momentum of “rolling up” on your working or supporting foot can help to elevate the lifting leg, some do that to try to get that leg up there. Sometimes it’s not even done on purpose. You’re correct that unless you are instructed to go up on releve, the supporting foot should stay completely on the floor and the supporting leg should be straight. 

It’s clear that the kickline and across the floor exercises are meant to be done with a flat supporting foot. (Until they start the jump kicks). 

Would the moderators consider creating a thread for the dance mavens to explain terms and movements for those of us who have no dance experience?  I feel so stupid. I know what a plié is, but not revele or the other terms. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Would the moderators consider creating a thread for the dance mavens to explain terms and movements for those of us who have no dance experience?  I feel so stupid. I know what a plié is, but not revele or the other terms. 

No need to feel stupid ?

releve- pushing body up to balance on the balls of your feet. (Ballerinas in pointe shoes will do this on their toes most of the time). 

Grand Battement- high kick (simplest definition). 

Supporting (or working) leg- the one that they are standing on while the other leg is in motion. 

Passe- Leg that is pointed at knee. (Kelli often says, touch your knee, bruise your knee). I don’t agree with the “bruise your knee” part, but she’s trying to get them to remember to actually hit their knee so that leg doesn’t end up hanging out there like a dog using a fire hydrant as their toilet ?.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

No need to feel stupid ?

releve- pushing body up to balance on the balls of your feet. (Ballerinas in pointe shoes will do this on their toes most of the time). 

Grand Battement- high kick (simplest definition). 

Supporting (or working) leg- the one that they are standing on while the other leg is in motion. 

Passe- Leg that is pointed at knee. (Kelli often says, touch your knee, bruise your knee). I don’t agree with the “bruise your knee” part, but she’s trying to get them to remember to actually hit their knee so that leg doesn’t end up hanging out there like a dog using a fire hydrant as their toilet ?.

I am so glad I did not take a sip of tea at the same time I read the last sentence. *lol* Too bad Kelli or Judy do not say something like that on the show.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I am so glad I did not take a sip of tea at the same time I read the last sentence. *lol* Too bad Kelli or Judy do not say something like that on the show.

Yeah, my very first dance teacher used to say this to us when we were 4,5 and 6. I use it for my students (beginners of all ages). I’m willing to bet there are thousands of dance teachers that use it as well. ??

Sorry, Mods... back to the DCC. 

It’s not attractive in the DCC kickline to see hanging legs. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Have you seen the picture with the braids?

Please share!!!

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In my opinion, there is something odd about Gina's facial expressions and smile when she performs.    I don't know if she never alters her expression, or what it is, but she seems frozen.   I'm sure she's a nice person, and I know she's a great dancer, but something just doesn't appeal to me about her facial expressions.   

I think it’s just her rbf-if she doesn’t force herself to smile, she looks from simply disinterested to complete bitch. I don’t know if she’s actually nice or bitchy (and I don’t care), but I will never like her facials. If she’s being primed for point, they should focus on that or we’re going to get a full year of this one facial.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Wasn't Sunni 33 when she retired? I maybe wrong.

She was 29 or 30 when she made the team. She was born in 80, I just can’t remember what year she made the team. We are exactly the same age, and I remember thinking it was so cool to have an “older” cheerleader on the squad.

• Love 2
On 8/19/2018 at 11:58 AM, TUOwl84 said:

I think Lacey should get PBC cheerleader this year.  But I think it will go to Maddie, Heather, Tasha or Amy.

PBC is chosen by their teammates right?

I agree that she would be the most deserving.   I still love Kashara—-but she went last year.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Jinelle would do a great job, but Jenna not so much. They need someone who can be a great role model on and off the field and does not have a sense of entitlement and self-centered. Jinelle is very sweet, down to earth, has great role model abilities, the girls know they could go for her with their problems, and she would do everything to help them succeed on and off the field.

I think Jenna deserves a second-chance shot at redemption. She's been pilloried over her past mistakes long enough. Time to move onward.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I think Jenna deserves a second-chance shot at redemption. She's been pilloried over her past mistakes long enough. Time to move onward.

I don’t see it as past mistakes holding her back now, I think it comes down to personality and work ethic. Jumping in to direct an NFL squad doesn’t seem like a fit for her. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

The same thing could be said for a lot of former and current DCCs. What happened with Jenna will be discussed on here because of all the drama it stirred up last year.

59 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Unfortunately, what happened was only a year ago, so still a recent thing.  Best thing for her is to continue choregraphing routines for pro/college teams - even high school.  If coaching was what she wanted to do, start off as an assistant, prove herself and someday, be a head coach.  But honestly, she is a good choreographer/teacher and there are a lot of teams.  Nothing says she can't do that and continue modeling or working for Styling Stewardess.  There's more flexibility in that.

3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Please share!!!

I'm still looking, but I know there is a picture out there with her hair in two separate ponytails and then lots of braids.   At least, I'm sure it's her:/

• Love 4

The DCC Org better lock down Jen K and Jinelle if they want to keep them. If I were recruiting for a new Director, I’d go there first. I don’t know about Emma’s teaching/ business side of the pro-cheer scene, but, I might want to talk to her. I have questions about Jinelle’s background outside of dancing.  Does she have the other pieces? 

There’s more to Directing than just forming a team and giving them good choreo. I just don’t know if Jenna is professionally ready, given what happened just a year ago. 

Just my thoughts! 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Unfortunately, what happened was only a year ago, so still a recent thing.  Best thing for her is to continue choregraphing routines for pro/college teams - even high school.  If coaching was what she wanted to do, start off as an assistant, prove herself and someday, be a head coach.  But honestly, she is a good choreographer/teacher and there are a lot of teams.  Nothing says she can't do that and continue modeling or working for Styling Stewardess.  There's more flexibility in that.

Yeah, it would be fun to watch them take over a team. Jinelle could be director and Jenna choreographer. I doubt they’d do much worse than the directors of lots of other nfl dance teams, and Jinelle was Jenna’s 2GL, so they clearly seem to work well together. However, I agree that Jenna is best sticking to choreo for the moment and trying to make a name for herself there, and if Jinelle wants to be a coach or director one day, she should also probably stick around at the Cowboys working there for a while to learn the business. Mandy had owned her own dance studio, so she had some business experience already before she became Director of the Raiders.

• Love 1

Wait! @ShellyB would also be a great pick for revamping another team. I know that it would be very hard for her, and a move to Houston might not be plausible,  but.... given her business experience running a huge studio, and her tenure in the NFL....just saying.... 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Sunni said she was 28 when she tried out for the team in Season 3. She probably was 29 when she made the team in Season 4.

Wasn’t Brittney Schram 28 when she made the squad?  Like with Sunny,  I remember thinking it was great they just don’t take young 20s

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Wasn’t Brittney Schram 28 when she made the squad?  Like with Sunny,  I remember thinking it was great they just don’t take young 20s

I remember her saying in her intro that her 26 bday was in 2 days. Not sure if this was the first year (when she was cut) or second year when she made it. So, she wasn’t older than 27, but I think she was 26. 

• Love 4
On 8/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, Jazzmom said:

Kashara looks beautiful in this pic!  She is doing well at point!  

Maybe this is not Kashara? Here is a pic of someone at the first meeting that kinda looks like Kashara but is wearing a different dress.  

Edited by Jazzmom
Ok thanks nevermind!!
10 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Maybe this is not Kashara? Here is a pic of someone at the first meeting that kinda looks like Kashara but is wearing a different dress.  

3CE7464F-8AE5-430E-B1F1-F83AF676B43E.jpeg

That’s Lindsey 

• Love 2
On 8/21/2018 at 7:28 AM, LadyMsJay said:

Maddie is NOT CUTE. At all.

51494850-3B40-43E5-877F-271ED1DA481B.jpeg

I don't know which season it was, but when Maddie first tried out her attractiveness was questioned.  I think they were talking about makeovers and Jay said, "But you can't change her face."  Ouch!

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

3CE7464F-8AE5-430E-B1F1-F83AF676B43E.jpeg

Like it was said above, this is Lindsey and Lindsey did not make the team. That picture is Kash. 

2 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

I don't know which season it was, but when Maddie first tried out her attractiveness was questioned.  I think they were talking about makeovers and Jay said, "But you can't change her face."  Ouch!

I remember that. If only they'd soften her curls. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Like it was said above, this is Lindsey and Lindsey did not make the team. That picture is Kash. 

I remember that. If only they'd soften her curls. 

What if they did a Brandi Kilby?  It's hard to say.  Paige came in with straight hair and at her makeover, Kelli was happy to see curls.  But then after her first year, it was back to straight.

• Love 1