Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

I maintain that I don’t think Jenna had the intention of ratting Erica out, but she was put in a very bad position. Erica Snapped the picture to more than one person and Jenna was one of those people. It is also possible she sent it to Jenna in a text since they are/were best friends. Kelli and Judy already knew about the picture. It’s quite possible they had already seen it and just wanted to see what Jenna would say. They questioned Jenna about it and requested to see her phone.

At the end of the day, yeah, Jenna could have lied and said she didn’t know anything about it, but she would have been risking her own position on the squad, so I don’t begrudge her for telling the truth or showing them, whatever happened. Jenna is not my favorite, but I personally think it’s unfair to look at her negatively over this particular incident. Erica did herself in. They are still friends, so I think all sides have been mature about it.

I still can’t get past K&J putting Jenna in that position. I get it, but FFS — Jenna was not Erica’s leader. They already knew about he damn snap. Why would they even pull Jenna into it?

Well, except that they love a good power trip.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

I loved Maddie's solo so much! I think she is adorable and she totally has earned a group leader role and spot in the triangle. I think it's healthy for the DCC to have girls who look "girl next door"/adorable that are relatable and not supermodel status. Marshall's side eye to Brenda when she was crying over VK's solo was hilarious! My only complaint about VK is her terrible false eyelashes! Otherwise she doesn't really bother me. I wish Lacey were point. I like Kashara but I think Lacey has earned it. I'm glad that Charlotte acknowledged that Lacey is what a DCC should be. I wish Kelli had commented on her beautiful solo. I actually thought Selina looked good and wore her weight gain well. I wish she would have made it back because she was so gracious and classy. I'm so sad about Tara, and I hope they address her cut on the show (though others here have said they won't). Keyra-bless her heart-she seems immature and needs to be more humble. I wish Sarah (the survivor of the Los Vegas shootings) had made TCC. 

If you've only seen the version they put on the show, make sure to go check out her instagram for the full version. It was good on the show, but it's incredible when you see the whole thing and with the right music. 

• Love 11
On 8/18/2018 at 8:36 AM, MelissaB326 said:

I am so happy for Brennan! Now we know where her eyes came from - her Dad That said, I think she looks great in the uniform and her face looks fine in the pictures. 

Oh my Goodness. I just spit out my drink after I scrolled up to see pic!      Her cameo is beautiful!

• Love 2
On 8/18/2018 at 9:32 AM, dccfan9 said:

She was a U. of Missouri Golden Girl for 4 years. It’s the same team former DCC Amy T. was on before DCC. From looking on IG it looks like she is close with Daphne and Gabby. Her Instagram is carolinebrock95 but I think it’s private

Great to see another young lady from Missouri on the team!!

5 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

Guys, as a former VK basher, can we move on? The subject is starting to become redundant.

Probably not going to happen anytime soon, especially if she seriously plans on showing up next year. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Stephieg84 said:

This is not directly responding to your post but since it describes TK...

Am I the only one who thinks of Melissa Peterman’s character Barbara Jean from the show Reba every time she’s on screen??

This! I thought I was the only one.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I still can’t get past K&J putting Jenna in that position. I get it, but FFS — Jenna was not Erica’s leader. They already knew about he damn snap. Why would they even pull Jenna into it?

Well, except that they love a good power trip.

Especially because she wasn't even there.... I could see if they had taken Jenna along and made her sit in the locker room too and then had been questioned her about Erica leaving and getting a drink, but she was at home on suspension and was by all accounts simply a recipient of a text or snap... nothing more.  I get it was a test, but it just seems like more of their mind games. The type of thing, along with purposely embarrassing Kashara and Melissa at auditions for being "big," that would make me question whether that was a team that I would want to be on.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Probably not going to happen anytime soon, especially if she seriously plans on showing up next year. 

And we are only on episode 3

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Especially because she wasn't even there.... I could see if they had taken Jenna along and made her sit in the locker room too and then had been questioned her about Erica leaving and getting a drink, but she was at home on suspension and was by all accounts simply a recipient of a text or snap... nothing more.  I get it was a test, but it just seems like more of their mind games. The type of thing, along with purposely embarrassing Kashara and Melissa at auditions for being "big," that would make me question whether that was a team that I would want to be on.  

Rumor has it that Sam Finglass was sent the pic as well.  Maybe they wanted someone other than her to verify???  IDK.

1 hour ago, HateWatcher said:

Initially, I thought last season's drama, the opening of the Star, the HOF ... rushed Kelli, Judi, and Charlotte into making bad team choices. Now that they have had a breather I'm still perplexed to why they added Brennan and not cut most of the boring blenders? I'm sorry Brennan seems like a lovely person, but I just can't look at her. Those eyes look crossed and her head is disaportionly tiny. She looks like Amy Poehler.

Ahh I think Amy Poehler is pretty! ?   I am a Brennan booster and I see why people say she is a bit wonky looking but as I've opined before lots of other girls who I would place on the wonkier part of the facial beauty spectrum have been successful as DCC s.  Trisha Trevino, Mack. Swicegood come to mind, of current DCC I think Gina looks a bit askew as well.  

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

If you've only seen the version they put on the show, make sure to go check out her instagram for the full version. It was good on the show, but it's incredible when you see the whole thing and with the right music. 

Just watched Madeline’s solo! So good, that girl is talented. ❤️

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And we are only on episode 3

Rumor has it that Sam Finglass was sent the pic as well.  Maybe they wanted someone other than her to verify???  IDK.

Maybe. I wonder if Erica even denied it? I don't think we've ever heard exactly how she responded. By her fourth year, she was a pretty well known cheerleader, and I imagine, she wasn't drinking by herself under the bleachers (although if she was, that would be kind of funny).  It seems like there would have been many ways to confirm rather than looking at her best friend's phone, but again based on the insiders, it sounds like it was a test for Jenna more than anything. 

• Love 2

This is why I wish CMT wud do a special episode of the solos. They mite not be able to show every one of them but maybe the 36 who made the team or the Barbie and show team ones. Or put them all out on YouTube or CMT site. I wud really like to see them. 

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:
8 hours ago, Shan18 said:

Yes on Tasha!! I remember when she was a rookie thinking oh geez she’s cheesy wth her pink lipstick and funny Instagram but now I think she’s really beautiful and turned out to be a great dancer 

Tasha was dragged for filth for a good long while here. Her lipstick was ugly. She was a teen mom. She'd been married three times. She was an attention whore. She didn't work, and was using her parents and her husband to support her. She made her husband get a job in Dallas so she could audition for DCC. She was trashy and so were the romance book covers she modeled for with her husband.

Well now I really want to see these book covers.  Does anyone have a link?

Wonder if the cut of VK has harmed the friendship of Kelli and Tina? Gosh I would think that would be rough especially because it sounds like dance problems was not 100% of it.  And if the show will present VK as having character issues (i.e. Not being truthful). 

On the show its been said multiple times that Kelli and Tina are BFFs from their 1980s cheering days.  Of course Shelly cheered too but more in the 90s after K and T right.  Plus from both the show and social media I get nowhere near the sense that Shelly or Dayton are or were ever as fanatical as the Kalinas about "starting their own legacy" on DCC.   

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

How did Brennan, Erin and Madeleine look dancing last night?

Not sure about Brennan, but Madeline and I think Erin are both in this clip. 

It's hard for me to focus on them. Kashara and Khalyn grab my attention here, but I don't think either Erin (assuming thats her between Kashara and Heather) or Madeline looks bad. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Not sure about Brennan, but Madeline and I think Erin are both in this clip. 

It's hard for me to focus on them. Kashara and Khalyn grab my attention here, but I don't think either Erin (assuming thats her between Kashara and Heather) or Madeline look bad. 

Thank you? I think them working with former DCC helped a lot.

20 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

Tasha’s Instagram is delightfully extra if you want to take a joyful look, but I assume it’s in reference to these.  

20 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

Tasha’s Instagram is delightfully extra if you want to take a joyful look, but I assume it’s in reference to these.  

• Love 2

I’ve pretty much always liked Tasha... although I was probably somewhat critical of her Instagram the year she was a rookie in TC. It was pretty over the top. She’s really grown on me and she’s a great mom. I wonder if she’ll retire and expand her family. 

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Wonder if the cut of VK has harmed the friendship of Kelli and Tina? Gosh I would think that would be rough especially because it sounds like dance problems was not 100% of it.  And if the show will present VK as having character issues (i.e. Not being truthful). 

On the show its been said multiple times that Kelli and Tina are BFFs from their 1980s cheering days.  Of course Shelly cheered too but more in the 90s after K and T right.  Plus from both the show and social media I get nowhere near the sense that Shelly or Dayton are or were ever as fanatical as the Kalinas about "starting their own legacy" on DCC.   

I really doubt they'll include her lying about the nutritionist/doctor in her cut.  If it's shown at all, we'll probably get weight and dance/style issues as to why she gets cut.  If she's REALLY as entitled/spoiled/etc. as we've heard (and how I interpret her Instagram), like how she was telling people left, right, and center she was guaranteed a spot on the team, then they MIGHT throw in some attitude as well.  I was kind of hoping that her bragging about being guaranteed a spot on the team was caught on camera and somehow slipped into the auditions footage.  If she's been bragging about it as much as we've been hearing she has, then it STILL might happen.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Stephieg84 said:

Am I the only one who thinks of Melissa Peterman’s character Barbara Jean from the show Reba every time she’s on screen??

OMG YES!!!!!!! 

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

5 year vet, drama free, beautiful dancer, gracious at not being point, admitting it was her own fault she didn't get it, hard worker, gets along with teammates

When did Lacey admit it was her own fault she didn't get point?? Not being salty, I'm truly curious! I think I missed that convo on the board!

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’ve pretty much always liked Tasha... although I was probably somewhat critical of her Instagram the year she was a rookie in TC. It was pretty over the top. She’s really grown on me and she’s a great mom. I wonder if she’ll retire and expand her family. 

I've always liked her too.  Her swimsuit cover pic was gorgeous and she looks really good this year.  I don't see any weight issues.  I also have always liked Gina.  I didn't think she should have said what she did, but maybe she was the number 1 dancer at her studio and brought that mentality with her, especially if she was a solo performer.

36 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I really doubt they'll include her lying about the nutritionist/doctor in her cut.  If it's shown at all, we'll probably get weight and dance/style issues as to why she gets cut.  If she's REALLY as entitled/spoiled/etc. as we've heard (and how I interpret her Instagram), like how she was telling people left, right, and center she was guaranteed a spot on the team, then they MIGHT throw in some attitude as well.  I was kind of hoping that her bragging about being guaranteed a spot on the team was caught on camera and somehow slipped into the auditions footage.  If she's been bragging about it as much as we've been hearing she has, then it STILL might happen.

If the nutritionist/doctor stuff is shown, we the viewers will expect to see what the doctors say, so then we should be shown the fallout from the lies, if that makes sense.  If it was behind the scenes, then it may be hard to show it.  Personally, I would like to see Judy, Scott and Marshall yelling at Kelli and Charlotte about what a stupid idea this whole thing was.  And then I'd like to see her yell at Tina about how VK needs a life away from DCC

30 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

OMG YES!!!!!!! 

When did Lacey admit it was her own fault she didn't get point?? Not being salty, I'm truly curious! I think I missed that convo on the board!

Last summer during all of the J/H/E drama, when Kashara was getting bashed for getting point over her.  Actually it was Facebook, Instagram, here...….  But basically, it was she knew she should have stepped it up, but it was too late.  I wonder if it was also that she didn't want to appear pushy.

Edited by scorpio1031
my grammar sucks when I'm sleepy
  • Love 1

Did you guys watch Lauren's insta story today? There are cameras in the background filming her and her fiance about to go on a helicopter ride. Do you think they are CMT cameras? More likely they are from the helicopter company and filming them as something they can purchase after their ride, but there are at least two cameras filming from different angles which I thought was odd.

• Love 1

Is KaShara the only veteran to confirm this is her last year and she is retiring. Could we be looking at a situation where 30+ girls could be re-auditioning next year for the team. I know Season 8 had 32 returning veterans, which I believe was the highest in the MTT era. Wow Finals next year could be a Blood Bath. 

12 hours ago, rose711 said:

Can someone please tell me what PBC stands for?

I believe it's Pro Bowl Cheerleader, not candidate. They've already been selected by their respective teams.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:
6 hours ago, Isolabella said:

OMG YES!!!!!!! 

Last summer during all of the J/H/E drama, when Kashara was getting bashed for getting point over her.  Actually it was Facebook, Instagram, here...….  But basically, it was she knew she should have stepped it up, but it was too late.  I wonder if it was also that she didn't want to appear pushy.

I wondered the same thing.  Kashara, OTOH, reminds me of the type who begs the teacher to let her clap the erasers and clean the chalkboard so she could be the pet.  Sorry, she could be a perfectly lovely person, but from what's presented of her she's always rubbed me the wrong way.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Stephieg84 said:

Yes!!!  Just a big old, lovable goof without a lick of sense!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

i am so interested to see what they show of Victoria. they really don't have any other actual DRAMA to feature.  these rookies are incredible and the vets behaved like vets. Will be interesting. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I like Tasha.  I think she comes across as very sweet.  It wouldn't surprise me if she retires after this season.  She is a devoted mom it seems and DCC pulls her away from Ivy a lot (esp since she's on SG) Looks like to me that Miss Ivy is being groomed as a future legacy :) 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I will say I did NOT appreciate Tina practically elbowing people aside to get to Victoria while they were still on the dance floor after Training Camp was announced.  She MAY have been outside when the results were announced, but she sure got there pretty quickly AND she was the only parent/sibling/SO there when the support systems of all the other girls (excluding Dayton, but Shelly was totally the better behaved of the two parents there) had to wait outside to find out.  Even if Tina IS an alumni and helping out, she shouldn't have been allowed anywhere NEAR Victoria until everyone else got to meet the successful candidates.  Yet another example of the favoritism/nepotism towards Victoria and Tina, when Dayton and Shelly seem to get the figurative back of Kelli's hand.  

Welcome back, @EricaShadows . :) I am glad you addressed the elephant in the room wearing a sparkling t-shirt. If TPTB let one parent in, they should let ALL of the parents in. I HATED how Tina chose to behave. It was bad.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Monique said:

Could someone enlighten me as to why Lacey "deserves" to be PBC? I for one have never been a fan of hers. 

Thank you for this! I think she's a beautiful dancer, but she isn't powerful, she's soft. And she has had SO much plastic surgery she doesn't even look like the same person. She kind of just "floats" when she dances, imho. I find her forgettable and she doesn't draw my attention at all. I just have completely missed the "Lacy love" and obsession I see on here, I've even gone back and watched old seasons with a neutral eye. My eyes just never go to her. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

She’s very popular with both her rookie class and the upper veterans, I’d say easily the most well-liked of last year’s rookies, and sometimes it really does come down to popularity. That would be my best guess.

Interesting...I guess it does come down to popularity. She was, imo, the absolute weakest dancer in nearly every single video or performance on TV I saw though. 

11 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Before we got locked the first time someone speculated, I can't remember who, that Tina was hoping towards the end of summer that VK wouldn't make it because I guess TC was really rough on her. So, I'd say it may have strained it a little, but with the consistent shade Dayton continues to throw at the DCC (the organization, not the cheerleaders) if any relationship got strained I'd assume it was Shelly and Kelli's. I still stand behind my comment that when Dayton was like 5, she kicked Kelli's dog on accident and Kelli has hated her every since because there is literally no excuse for what we're seeing. And the fact that Kelli controls what we see as a EP, leads me to believe that she doesn't see herself the way we see her. I'm super happy for Dayton and the path she's on, and I hope she continues to dig at them every chance she gets. 

Now, if only Dayton could visit the Kalina's before she leaves on the boat and have a 'come to Jesus' talk with VK about goals. 

• Love 5

Good morning all-

I have been out of town with limited internet access.  If someone would be so kind as to message me a recap of the highlights from the past few days?  I saw something about Jinelle being back?  I will not have a chance to fully review the boards until Wed. Thank you in advance.

Good morning all-

I have been out of town with limited internet access.  If someone would be so kind as to message me a recap of the highlights from the past few days?  I saw something about Jinelle being back?  I will not have a chance to fully review the boards until Wed. Thank you in advance.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kayce said:

I like Tasha.  I think she comes across as very sweet.  It wouldn't surprise me if she retires after this season.  She is a devoted mom it seems and DCC pulls her away from Ivy a lot (esp since she's on SG) Looks like to me that Miss Ivy is being groomed as a future legacy :) 

I was just gonna say this. Ivy is the same age as my little one, so 10 ish years and she will be our next legacy storyline. 

1 minute ago, J-R said:

Good morning all-

Good morning all-

Um, VK posted on Instagram that she was cut but will be going back next year to be healthier.

Friends and Family night happened and Jinelle filled in for Yuko because she's hurt. She also filled in at the game. 

A comment on Dayton's instagram basically said you'll do amazing next year and she replied that she would not be back because she had a better opportunity. 

Strong dancing from all at the preseason and F&F night. 

Tasha's book cover pictures were brought up again.

Kashara is still point, she, Maddie and Lacey make the triangle. Speculation of who will be next point because Kashara is retiring. 

Lauren got engaged. 

Small talk about potentials for ProBowl Cheerleader.

I think that is basically all. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Yes, Shelly was working so she would have been there, but it seemed that she allowed herself a few moments to be happy to the point of tears, then reined herself in and went back to work. 

From what we saw.  For all we know, off-camera Shelly did one of her patented cartwheels ;-)

• Love 7
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I totally missed the Lacey post. Do you know if it’s still up? 

• Love 1
On 8/17/2018 at 10:31 PM, Beana8 said:

I'm so glad Brennan FINALLY made it. Briana too. 

Have not ever been a Brennan fan but her ATT Stadium locker pic is one of my favorites. I like the pose.

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, hereforthedrama said:

I'd love Kash for VOTY. After their petty move during TCC announcements, I think naming her VOTY is the least they can do to recognize how much she's contributed to the organization in a time when they needed leaders. Do y'all think they'll make her an all-star or she would want to be one?

Well if they made Bess, Chantel and last year’s redhead (don’t remember her name) All stars, they should definitely make someone people actually remember All star as well.

1 hour ago, GBPackersfan said:

Thank you for this! I think she's a beautiful dancer, but she isn't powerful, she's soft. And she has had SO much plastic surgery she doesn't even look like the same person. She kind of just "floats" when she dances, imho. I find her forgettable and she doesn't draw my attention at all. I just have completely missed the "Lacy love" and obsession I see on here, I've even gone back and watched old seasons with a neutral eye. My eyes just never go to her. 

I don’t see the surgery stuff, but I agree. Lacey is one of my favorites but she was never powerful. She definitely stepped it up last year but that was after all the drama so it was indeed too late.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well if they made Bess, Chantel and last year’s redhead (don’t remember her name) All stars, they should definitely make someone people actually remember All star as well.

I don’t see the surgery stuff, but I agree. Lacey is one of my favorites but she was never powerful. She definitely stepped it up last year but that was after all the drama so it was indeed too late.

Last years redhead was Stephanie. I know peeps don’t care for her but I liked her. She’s beautiful, athletic and powerful. I was sad to see her retire and prefer her over savannah cuz I think savannah is only on the team for her looks and not her dance which I think diminishes the brand.  

• Love 8