Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Anticipation

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I wonder if we will see the social media workshop again.  Cause if rumors are true, you have one gal who posted incriminating photos of herself and was kicked off the squad.  You have two former cheerleaders who texted people they weren't supposed to be texting.  

I also wonder if three gals leaving in the middle of the season last year will affect anything this year - will they take more than 36?  

• Love 4

I would like the production team to do a better job coaching everyone on the on-camera interviews. Every time I hear someone say, "I definitely think tonight could be a cut night," it's clear that they are responding to the question, "Do you think tonight could be a cut night?" "I definitely," "I do think"--those are cues that they are paraphrasing someone else's words, and it drives me nuts. I much prefer the natural interview bites.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, lisalionheart said:

I would like the production team to do a better job coaching everyone on the on-camera interviews. Every time I hear someone say, "I definitely think tonight could be a cut night," it's clear that they are responding to the question, "Do you think tonight could be a cut night?" "I definitely," "I do think"--those are cues that they are paraphrasing someone else's words, and it drives me nuts. I much prefer the natural interview bites.

Don't forget pressure, pressure and did I say pressure. My dance career is on the line. Training Camp is much harder than I thought it would be. I have no idea what we will talk about at the first meeting. Did not know we would be doing the kick line so early in TC.

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Don't forget pressure, pressure and did I say pressure. My dance career is on the line. Training Camp is much harder than I thought it would be. I have no idea what we will talk about at the first meeting. Did not know we would be doing the kick line so early in TC.

And our old favorites - dial it up, you're blending in, I'm in tough mode this year, veterans are in danger of being cut this year, etc.

I'd love to see more behind the scenes stuff - group leaders running a practice, rookies only practice, show group practice.  It was very helpful last year when Judy set the formation when KaShara was named point.  

• Love 15

In Season Three, former DCC Megan was working with a few of the rookies. I would love to see more scenes like that instead of the dreaded Melissa the Mentor scenes. I also would love to see the girl seated as they were ranked by the judges at finals at the first meeting. They did it in Season 4, and I like the area the fans and viewers have a better idea on how the judges voted for the TC Candidates and vets.

(edited)

I'm tired of Melissa Rycroft as a judge and a mentor.  If there is a Season 14, I hope they get someone else as a judge/mentor.  I really enjoyed Candace Romo last season as a judge.  I agree that the dialogue needs to be "dialed up" LOL !! I am in total agreement with others...I want more behind the scenes footage as well: more solos coverage,  show group rehearsals, group leader lead rehearsals, etc.  I own every season available on iTunes ( seasons 3-12)  and enjoy rewatching every ding dang season when the new one is about to start! 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Kayce said:

I'm tired of Melissa Rycroft as a judge and a mentor.  If there is a Season 14, I hope they get someone else as a judge/mentor.  I really enjoyed Bridgette Romo last season as a judge.  I agree that the dialogue needs to be "dialed up" LOL !! I am in total agreement with others...I want more behind the scenes footage as well: more solos coverage,  show group rehearsals, group leader lead rehearsals, etc.  I own every season available on iTunes ( seasons 3-12)  and enjoy rewatching every ding dang season when the new one is about to start! 

You mean Candice Romo? LOL

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Kayce said:

I'm tired of Melissa Rycroft as a judge and a mentor.  If there is a Season 14, I hope they get someone else as a judge/mentor.  I really enjoyed Bridgette Romo last season as a judge.  I agree that the dialogue needs to be "dialed up" LOL !! I am in total agreement with others...I want more behind the scenes footage as well: show group rehearsals, group leader lead rehearsals, etc.  I own every season available on iTunes ( seasons 3-12)  and enjoy rewatching every ding dang season when the new one is about to start! 

Melissa is a judge this year, so she probably will still be the mentor. Crossing fingers they will have less scenes with her like they did last season. I did like the scenes when former DCCs came in, but please bring in other former DCCs instead of the ones they usually have.

40 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

You mean Candice Romo? LOL

yes!  Thank you :) Not sure where I got Bridgette from...correcting now :) 

39 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Melissa is a judge this year, so she probably will still be the mentor. Crossing fingers they will have less scenes with her like they did last season. I did like the scenes when former DCCs came in, but please bring in other former DCCs instead of the ones they usually have.

The ones they had last year seemed a little condescending.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

In Season Three, former DCC Megan was working with a few of the rookies. I would love to see more scenes like that instead of the dreaded Melissa the Mentor scenes. I also would love to see the girl seated as they were ranked by the judges at finals at the first meeting. They did it in Season 4, and I like the area the fans and viewers have a better idea on how the judges voted for the TC Candidates and vets.

What she said ^^^^^^

• Love 5

I said this before season 12 to o avail and will ask again, Please can we not suffer through any intro/personal stories on the girls that don't make it past the first round. There are enough girls in semis through finals to introduce us to to keep the unspoiled happy and I think it is a serious waste of camera time. 

On another note, I think one thing that we be awesome that would outdo the drama of last season, would be to have the very first TCC to be IN TRAINING CAMP 3 TIMES and make the squad, Talk about a come back story!

• Love 11
(edited)

Instead of giving us info on girls that won't make training camp give us some goodbyes and messages of support from retiring vets.  I get it's called Making the Team, but they could easily spin it to be about that. I love when they include the vets more and we get to see them dancing/mentoring the rookies. 

Edited by Txmomof2
  • Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Instead of giving us info on girls that won't make training camp give us some goodbyes and messages of support from retiring vets.  I get it's called Making the Team, but they could easily spin it to be about that. I love when they include the vets more and we get to see them dancing/mentoring the rookies. 

Making the Team could  mean auditioning and getting put on the team OR the girls who are making the team what it is throughout the season. We’re making your job easy, CMT! Follow the vets through the season. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 13

I loved seeing more of the vets last season, especially their growth.  Making the Team involves all facets:  rookies, vets, to those involved in the decision process ie: Kelli, Judy & Kitty.  It's not just one part.  It's the sum of all parts together.

• Love 11

I'm English and living in France .... long story and I have no interest in your version of football or even any interest in "proper" football lol !!!     But as an ex professional dancer and model (all be it over 30 yrs ago!) I love the dancing and the glamour!

I stumbled on to MTT in Season 10 and have watched since then and also watched the back episodes (I do love a box set binge!!)

I would like to see an episode of what has happened to the Squad since the last season and just more of evertything really!

I check out the FB page but do look at Insta or anything,  This Forum has been amazing for me, I have found out so much info, so thanks to all for contributing.

Is there a date yet for the airing of the upcoming season?

As an aside I have also watched So Sharp and Dance Moms does anyone have any other recommendations?

Cheerio

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, MadameHooch said:

I'm English and living in France .... long story and I have no interest in your version of football or even any interest in "proper" football lol !!!     But as an ex professional dancer and model (all be it over 30 yrs ago!) I love the dancing and the glamour!

I stumbled on to MTT in Season 10 and have watched since then and also watched the back episodes (I do love a box set binge!!)

I would like to see an episode of what has happened to the Squad since the last season and just more of evertything really!

I check out the FB page but do look at Insta or anything,  This Forum has been amazing for me, I have found out so much info, so thanks to all for contributing.

Is there a date yet for the airing of the upcoming season?

As an aside I have also watched So Sharp and Dance Moms does anyone have any other recommendations?

Cheerio

Welcome! The new season starts on Thursday August 2nd. No idea what times it will air.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, go4luca said:

I hope no one left a "deposit" on the dance floor this year.  I'm still not past that one. But Candice Romo handled it beautifully, lol.

"More style" 

• Love 5

I LOVED Candice Romo and would love to see her back.  I second the comments of less Melissa Rycroft, NO Anthony Ramos, and NO guest choreographers/guest "stars."  I'm hoping TPTB will go back to the roots of the show and stop with the fake, forced glitz and glamour (a girl can dream, right?).

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I LOVED Candice Romo and would love to see her back.  I second the comments of less Melissa Rycroft, NO Anthony Ramos, and NO guest choreographers/guest "stars."  I'm hoping TPTB will go back to the roots of the show and stop with the fake, forced glitz and glamour (a girl can dream, right?).

I think the earlier seasons projected better in the sense we saw the girls get nutrition and training and body fit advice, as well as etiquette and plain group fun on some episodes. Last five seasons or so had more “celebrity” nonsense. I’d rather them focus on the girls, particularly, adding focus onto veterans into the season. 

• Love 11

I definitely want to see GL leading practice, as well as "rookie nights". I want to see some clips from retiring vets and vets practicing the finals choreo like last year. I want to see GL1&2 announcement and the calendar shoot. Not sure if they've filmed it this year, but I definitely want to see some clips from the end of year banquet. Aaand I want to see at least the first game and maybe one of the special performances. I'm not asking for much!!!

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I definitely want to see GL leading practice, as well as "rookie nights". I want to see some clips from retiring vets and vets practicing the finals choreo like last year. I want to see GL1&2 announcement and the calendar shoot. Not sure if they've filmed it this year, but I definitely want to see some clips from the end of year banquet. Aaand I want to see at least the first game and maybe one of the special performances. I'm not asking for much!!!

would like to see snippets of the end of year banquet too. would be good too to see the calendar shoot and more of the practices and more Miss Kitty...lol seeing the group leader 1 AND 2nd leaders would be fantastic! showgroup rehearsals and all of the above would be great! def not asking much....hehehehe

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, bigskygirl said:

In Season 4, they also had two vets work with a few TC Candidates on their kick and jump splits. I would like to see more of that also.

Meredith and Kristin G.

• Love 1

Anyone else sort of cringe at those scenes in some seasons where the TCCs meet for practice at a studio with a vet, after the first night of Training Camp? While stretching they always ask the same questions like 'Do you think tonight will be a cut night?' lol seems a bit scripted

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Anyone else sort of cringe at those scenes in some seasons where the TCCs meet for practice at a studio with a vet, after the first night of Training Camp? While stretching they always ask the same questions like 'Do you think tonight will be a cut night?' lol seems a bit scripted

yes...I can almost quote it "verbatim" :) 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Unpopular opinion...I always enjoyed the scenes that would show a veteran taking a rookie candidate out for coffee to talk things out :)

I would not mind them so much unless they were less scripted. At least they are better than the Melissa the Mentor scenes.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, ByTor said:

Unpopular opinion...I always enjoyed the scenes that would show a veteran taking a rookie candidate out for coffee to talk things out :)

I remember Sunni Cranfill and Brittany Schramm doing that with rookie TCCs.

• Love 4

From time to time, you see former DCC's that either retired or didn't make it back on the squad when they retried out. They say that they're trying out again to come back onto the squad as a "veteran" anywhere from like a year, two years, one was even 13 years later! From what I have seen, I have never seen any of those girls auditioning to come back as a veteran years later make it back on the squad, let alone back into TC. Does anyone know if anyone has? And if so - how does that work? Would they enter training camp technically a veteran status, but have to wear pink like a rookie because they would need to get caught up... or would they wear the blue with the other veterans? Random question, I know. Just curious lol.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Cherries320 said:

From time to time, you see former DCC's that either retired or didn't make it back on the squad when they retried out. They say that they're trying out again to come back onto the squad as a "veteran" anywhere from like a year, two years, one was even 13 years later! From what I have seen, I have never seen any of those girls auditioning to come back as a veteran years later make it back on the squad, let alone back into TC. Does anyone know if anyone has? And if so - how does that work? Would they enter training camp technically a veteran status, but have to wear pink like a rookie because they would need to get caught up... or would they wear the blue with the other veterans? Random question, I know. Just curious lol.

I have always wondered that myself :)

• Love 2

I think there were a few that have.  Of the more recent ones, Whitney Ott left (or was cut), then came back a year or two later.  I think Carrie Stillwell was another one who skipped some time and there was another one when Carrie Stillwell was auditioning again (Kristin Hagar?) but I can't remember if she made it back or not.  Those were the early years of MTT, not the most recent ones so I don't know what they would do for the wardrobe now.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Cherries320 said:

I feel like this question has come up before, but not for a few years, so from what I can remember, yes, a couple of girls have left and then reauditoned a few years later.

On the very first special, Whitney Ott, who had done two years? before leaving to have a baby, reauditoned two or three years after she retired the first time. They called her a rookie candidate, then the next season (the first full season of the show) she was a three year veteran. 

@ShellyB didn’t you take a couple of years off and then come back? What did they call you? Or did I totally dream that up in my head?

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I feel like this question has come up before, but not for a few years, so from what I can remember, yes, a couple of girls have left and then reauditoned a few years later.

On the very first special, Whitney Ott, who had done two years? before leaving to have a baby, reauditoned two or three years after she retired the first time. They called her a rookie candidate, then the next season (the first full season of the show) she was a three year veteran. 

@ShellyB didn’t you take a couple of years off and then come back? What did they call you? Or did I totally dream that up in my head?

When I returned, formers entered auditions at the semi final round. In the early 2000s, the change was made to have formers start at Prelims. If one makes training camp as a returning DCC, she returns as a veteran...continuing/adding to her previous tenure. 

I came back for my 3rd-5th seasons after taking 3 years off. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 19
On 5/12/2018 at 11:29 PM, 123DCCWoooo said:

I loved seeing her on the show but unfortunately, I do not think she will be back since Tony Romo was released from the Cowboys. I'm not even a Cowboys fan but I do live in Dallas and always loved them. They should consider inviting Jason Garrett's wife to be a judge (:

• Love 2

I hope this season introduces us to all the rookie candidates early on. I feel like several of the past seasons (not so much season 12) was "the Morgan Show", "The Breelan Show", "The Kat Show", "The Vivian Show" and I found myself fast -forwarding through 70% of each episode. I really like seeing the veterans more, seeing them practicing for finals and meeting with K&J, seeing them working with the rookie candidates. And I greatly enjoyed seeing the former DCC's come back and opine on the rookie candidates. I really, really like the etiquette classes too, it's nice to see the women outside the studio (and I've learned a lot too). There were previous seasons (I believe Season 9 was one) where they show a camping/hog hunting trip with the new squad, I enjoyed that, and there was another episode (I don't remember which season) where the veterans went bowling. I LOVE showgroup auditions, I liked the calendar shoots. I sure hope they also show the group leaders being named again, so many of the seasons didn't show that and I honestly had no clue who they were. I HATE the staged meetings "Is it going to be a cut night?" (while the rookie candidates are stretching, then a look of fake horror on the others), "did anyone else feel like they taught the choreography too fast", that sort of thing. 

And I know this is a hugely unpopular opinion, but I always enjoyed the Power Squad evaluations and the women who work with Jay when they are deemed "too large". I like Jay. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ShellyB said:

When I returned, formers entered auditions at the semi final round. In the early 2000s, the change was made to have formers start at Prelims. If one makes training camp as a returning DCC, she returns as a veteran...continuing/adding to her previous tenure. 

I came back for my 3rd-5th seasons after taking 3 years off. 

Thank you for answering this :) I have always been curious about returning vets who have been off the squad for a little time.  

• Love 2

After last season I would like to see less of the vets because it would hopefully mean they are drama free this year and staying low key and 'boring' for TV. I DO think it'd be cool to see them in the environment of their groups a little bit, like once they are split out into 4 and how the GL and GL2 help them, etc. 

I am another who didn't mind power squad and SOME of the workout activities (not as many as they used to show but SOME I think is good).  I love Jay and his wife. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GBPackersfan said:

I really, really like the etiquette classes too, it's nice to see the women outside the studio (and I've learned a lot too).

Me too!  I had no idea it is proper to break up your bread in bite size pieces and butter each piece...I thought that was stupid, but I Googled it & sure enough, they were right!

1 hour ago, GBPackersfan said:

I really like seeing the veterans more

Like last year, I liked Robin & Lacey being called into the office and questioned about Gina's attitude, it shows the kind of thing leaders have to deal with.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Like last year, I liked Robin & Lacey being called into the office and questioned about Gina's attitude, it shows the kind of thing leaders have to deal with.

This!!  Lacey and Robin were already both of my favorites but I really feel like I got a better idea of them as leaders during these scenes. It made them more relatable. And revealed how mature both of them were in speaking about a group member. This contrasted specifically with the scenes of Jenna being questioned and demonstrated the kind of maturity and leadership Kelli and Judy were expecting. 

• Love 5