Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: Target

• Start Topic

Okay I am so confused.. Few episodes ago, Why was Emily talking to Aaron about a sequel, when Emily and Seth are together? Or did they break up? I must have missed a scene.. The last time I saw Emily and Seth together was when they were leaving to have sex.

Wow I didn’t see that coming—not! Okay, I didn’t see Kendra and Trey coming. It was nice, but I wish it hadn’t been the morning after. It would have been nice if this had been a secret for a while. I did like Trey’s confession to Tom that he had been pining for her. But using Alex’s charity as a way to meet-cute? Yikes. That didn’t sound so sweet. Sounded like he was calling excessive meetings just to be with Kendra. BTW, show, don’t say another staffer is at risk in the tease for the episode. Since Trey was not a staffer, I knew it wasn’t over and called it even before Emily volunteered to go over and get her jammies for the sleepover. And then 

Spoiler

There is nothing in the preview at all about Emily? It must have been a flesh wound for the White Housse to act as if nothing personal is going on, like your long-time trusted employee and friend is fighting for their life in the hospital. Maybe the shoes took the brunt of the bullet’s impact and it just knocked Em off her feet.

I can’t decide if I’m getting used to the writers or exasperated with them. There is way too much exposition in these episodes. Kendra has a break-in and a mysterious phone call. All meet and Kendra dumps this story on us about the way long ago and a murder-or two, I think-and parents and brothers and deals and witness protection. I should have taken notes but I couldn’t tell you who the bad guy was or the vengeful family. And again, it just seemed way too simple for the guy to run at the farm. So it was the dad who shot Emily? 

And, hey, I like Mike and all, but could we maybe have him be knocked down by the dude and the warrior Secret Service babe defend him? It was just so false seeing a Secret Service agent lying on the ground cowering. It was just way too much “female in distress needs rescuing” for me. Hannah would have kicked his butt.

And speaking of Hannah, you know she wasn’t looking for closure, right, Aaron?

But let’s not forget this is a show about the President of the United States. The C Plot (or D Plot-there were so many) followed the all-too-recognizable formula of “something that could derail President Kirkman is happening, but don’t worry, he’ll confront the baddies and it will all be resolved in two minutes.” I really don’t understand why the “parties” caved to Kirkman. “You better do what I say or I’m telling Mommy on you” just doesn’t work for me.

I love/hate Moss. Is he really announcing his candidacy in the midst of an investigation? He definitely has his answers down pat. Again, things are so complicated, it’s hard to follow them, with West’s rapid-fire questions and his equally rapid-fire answers. I did not have the closed captioning on and as much as I love MJF, it’s so hard to understand him. Overall, though, I do appreciate the show’s attempt to have a character with Parkinson’s who is a bad-ass lawyer. I would welcome him being a regular on the show. I know people with speech issues and you just learn to take the time to understand them.

Season finale. Any doubts who will give a two minute speech at 9:48PM EDT to rally the people to support him? Wait—season finale? I predict a cliffhanger—dun dun DUN!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Is Michael J Fox’s stint on this show over after next week?  I cannot stand his character.

I’m liking Kendra and Trey — that came as a big surprise.

Emily!!!

Me too.  The WH appoints as special counsel a guy who is on the TV bashing the WH and being misleading on the prisoner release (even after their heartfelt and tearful one-on-one! Poor Kirkman betrayed again! /sarc) and all he digs up is how Hannah is the Swiss army knife of FBI agents (that was simply hilarious!) and nothing about Moss other than he is a narcissist.  Ok.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, tallykat said:

I love/hate Moss. Is he really announcing his candidacy in the midst of an investigation

I think the investigation wasn’t public yet. By announcing early, if the investigation comes out, it would seem politically motivated. That was my understanding.

I didn’t see any previews so I was surprised by the ending. I don’t see them killing off their secondary female lead so soon after the primary one, but this show often defies my expectations (not in a good way).

When Trey came back to get his wallet , and the apartment was messed up , I thought for a moment that he was going to find a body and he was being set up. Nice to see Mike getting some storylines. Lyor's a total dick but he's kind of growing on me. What can I say?  But my favorite part had to be Hannah, the baddest bad ass out there , asking Chuck in her most condescending voice "and you didn't think to tell me ? Chuck slams back with " You don't work here anymore " Would have liked to see him follow up with an equally condescending "and why are you calling me ? "  I only hope that was a one way ticket.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I only hope that was a one way ticket.

When she dialed the number I knew she was going to say “I need a ticket to London.” But who did she call? The line was totally for dramatic effect but not real at all. We all know if you call Delta, American, British Airways, you will be greeted by a robot. Even if she still was an FBI agent, wouldn’t she have said: “Hi, Mary, this is Hannah. Got a minute?” I cannot imagine calling anyone, not identifying myself, and requesting anything. Of course, I’m not Hannah Wells, SAK (Swiss army knife)

• Love 4
18 hours ago, tallykat said:

Season finale. Any doubts who will give a two minute speech at 9:48PM EDT to rally the people to support him? Wait—season finale? I predict a cliffhanger—dun dun DUN!

A cliffhanger would be unfortunate given that me may well not get a third season, but clearly they are setting up next season to be about Kirkman's bid for re-election, and we assume he will decide to go for a second term, otherwise there won't be much of a show. Quite how he'll get elected as an independent remains to be seen, where will his campaign finance come from? He'll be up against Moss, obviously, but presumably the Democrats will field a candidate too. you can see why the writers don't want Kirkman to be affiliated with any real life party when real life US politics is so divisive, it's hard to see how they could create a realistic scenario where a third party candidate actually gets elected. kirkman is politically socially liberal, if he goes up against Moss as a republican and an as yet un named Democrat, the liberal vote will be split between him and the official Democrat candidate, and Moss will win.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Orillia said:

But my favorite part had to be Hannah, the baddest bad ass out there , asking Chuck in her most condescending voice "and you didn't think to tell me ? Chuck slams back with " You don't work here anymore " Would have liked to see him follow up with an equally condescending "and why are you calling me ? "  I only hope that was a one way ticket.

Yes!  So much this.  And, I can't believe she gets bailed out by none other than the National Security Advisor to the President himself (um, like that wouldn't have aroused any suspicion at the police station) and then is allowed to get access to the police evidence room by Aaron.  I'm so over Hannah.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, tallykat said:

When she dialed the number I knew she was going to say “I need a ticket to London.” But who did she call? The line was totally for dramatic effect but not real at all. We all know if you call Delta, American, British Airways, you will be greeted by a robot. Even if she still was an FBI agent, wouldn’t she have said: “Hi, Mary, this is Hannah. Got a minute?” I cannot imagine calling anyone, not identifying myself, and requesting anything. Of course, I’m not Hannah Wells, SAK (Swiss army knife)

The Executive Assistant in me was SCREAMING.  "Who is she calling?"  I giggle at the thought it was the British Airways call center and they're like "FU lady" and hung up on her.  

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, TheGreenWave said:

Yes!  So much this.  And, I can't believe she gets bailed out by none other than the National Security Advisor to the President himself (um, like that wouldn't have aroused any suspicion at the police station) and then is allowed to get access to the police evidence room by Aaron.  I'm so over Hannah.

I almost look at Hannah as comedic relief at this point. Everything she does is so  snark worthy. The comments here are usually hilarious so she does provide us with good material. Nobody out there knows better than Hannah ... and I mean nobody !!!  I'm surprised she didn't try to beat up that cop. I'm sure she would have had her reasons.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, BasilSeal said:

A cliffhanger would be unfortunate given that me may well not get a third season, but clearly they are setting up next season to be about Kirkman's bid for re-election, and we assume he will decide to go for a second term, otherwise there won't be much of a show. Quite how he'll get elected as an independent remains to be seen, where will his campaign finance come from? He'll be up against Moss, obviously, but presumably the Democrats will field a candidate too. you can see why the writers don't want Kirkman to be affiliated with any real life party when real life US politics is so divisive, it's hard to see how they could create a realistic scenario where a third party candidate actually gets elected. kirkman is politically socially liberal, if he goes up against Moss as a republican and an as yet un named Democrat, the liberal vote will be split between him and the official Democrat candidate, and Moss will win.

I think he’ll be pushed into running as a Democrat since he’ll decide he can’t run as an independent and the Republicans have a candidate.

22 hours ago, tallykat said:

When she dialed the number I knew she was going to say “I need a ticket to London.” But who did she call? 

Audrey Dr. Frost - to use her Black AMEX card...

• Love 1

I hate to own up to my teenage soap-opera watching days, but aren't both Moss and the Democratic senator both from One Life to Live? Or was it General Hospital? They've both aged beautifully, I must say.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, mookster said:

I hate to own up to my teenage soap-opera watching days, but aren't both Moss and the Democratic senator both from One Life to Live? Or was it General Hospital? They've both aged beautifully, I must say.

You got me a little curious, because I know I've seen Moss on other things ( and I, also, used to watch GH. Hey, it was the 80's.) Moss (Geoff Pierson) was on Ryan's Hope, which was like the 1st soapy I ever watched, but I can't believe I'd remember him from that ; he was on "24" with Kiefer, so I'm sure that's where I remember him. I couldn't find a reference to GH, so I don't think he was on there.

I have mixed feelings about the news today. I really loved this show the 1st season, it was must-see tv, but this season has been more like must-sleep tv. After the show is over, I can barely recall what has transpired. And it's a shame, because I love both Kiefer and Maggie Q as actors, so I almost feel guilty that I don't love the show anymore. But that's life, I guess.

• Love 2

As soon as Emily volunteered to go to Kendra's place to get her stuff, I knew that something weird was going to come of it.  Does she really need to sleep on Emily's couch? Doesn't the gigantic White House have a guest room?

Hannah Wells, Swiss Army Knife - ROFL.

I love MJF and everything he's done for Parkinson awareness,  but gosh he's so hard to understand these days.

• Love 2

She has a couch In her office. She also makes good money and could go to a hotel.   If you were sure they caught the guy, why not just go home?  If you are that afraid- why would you let Emily go there by herself? 

• Love 1
On 5/10/2018 at 8:23 AM, tallykat said:

And, hey, I like Mike and all, but could we maybe have him be knocked down by the dude and the warrior Secret Service babe defend him? It was just so false seeing a Secret Service agent lying on the ground cowering. It was just way too much “female in distress needs rescuing” for me. Hannah would have kicked his butt.

I thought she was DC police, not Secret Service. She reported to the President originally and then was told to keep Mike and the SS in the loop on the investigation.

22 hours ago, willco said:

You got me a little curious, because I know I've seen Moss on other things ( and I, also, used to watch GH. Hey, it was the 80's.) Moss (Geoff Pierson) was on Ryan's Hope, which was like the 1st soapy I ever watched, but I can't believe I'd remember him from that ; he was on "24" with Kiefer, so I'm sure that's where I remember him. I couldn't find a reference to GH, so I don't think he was on there.

I just IMDb'd Mr. Pierson, he has quite the resumé.  I only knew him as the dad on Unhappily ever after, the CW network (actually, they were still the WB back then) ripoff of Married..with children, so Geoff's character was their Al Bundy LOL (and the hottie Nikki Cox as their version of Kelly Bundy).

The Democratic senator was Jessica Tuck, aka Meghan from One Life to Live. 

So that’s it? The show is officially canceled? Well that sucks.  Not because it was great but because I adore Kiefer and really wanted the show to succeed. I guess the writing was on the wall when it had FIVE showrunners in two years. At least I think it was five. I know it was some ridiculous number.

hooefully Kiefer will find another show soon, and a better one!

• Love 1
On 5/11/2018 at 10:07 AM, Orillia said:

I almost look at Hannah as comedic relief at this point. Everything she does is so  snark worthy. The comments here are usually hilarious so she does provide us with good material. Nobody out there knows better than Hannah ... and I mean nobody !!!  I'm surprised she didn't try to beat up that cop. I'm sure she would have had her reasons.

We spend the show making comments on how amazing each and every move by Agent Hannah Wells is (you must use the full title, although it must now be Agent Hannah Wells, Swiss Army Knife). Toward the end of this episode she had a touching line about how alone she felt and my husband and I both burst into laughter because, of course she's lonely, everyone in close contact with Agent Hannah Wells, Swiss Army Knife dies. 

As ridiculous as the show became we will miss it. 

Maybe Chuck could get a spin-off where he is allowed out of the basement and to have human contact with more than one other character on the show at once.

• Love 2
On 5/9/2018 at 8:22 PM, MerBearHou said:

Is Michael J Fox’s stint on this show over after next week?  I cannot stand his character.

Since next week is the finale and I believe the show is cancelled, yes, his stint is over next week.

On 5/10/2018 at 7:23 AM, tallykat said:

But let’s not forget this is a show about the President of the United States. The C Plot (or D Plot-there were so many) followed the all-too-recognizable formula of “something that could derail President Kirkman is happening, but don’t worry, he’ll confront the baddies and it will all be resolved in two minutes.” I really don’t understand why the “parties” caved to Kirkman. “You better do what I say or I’m telling Mommy on you” just doesn’t work for me.

She was DC Police, not Secret Service, but it doesn't matter -- that scene was just bad.

Kirkman as Mary Sue continues.  His hold over the Senate hadn't changed one bit, but all of the sudden, they're doing his bidding.  Not. Gonna. Happen.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Sake614 said:

The Democratic senator was Jessica Tuck, aka Meghan from One Life to Live. 

So that’s it? The show is officially canceled? Well that sucks.  Not because it was great but because I adore Kiefer and really wanted the show to succeed. I guess the writing was on the wall when it had FIVE showrunners in two years. At least I think it was five. I know it was some ridiculous number.

hooefully Kiefer will find another show soon, and a better one!

I couldn't decide if she aged well or not.  First I did, then I didn't, then I did.....

4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I couldn't decide if she aged well or not.  First I did, then I didn't, then I did.....

yeah I know. Sometimes I think she has, other times I think she hasn't. I mean, she's still got a great body but her face looks gaunt a lot of times. 

Canceled by ABC, but the show may find life elsewhere. Just when I was getting used to it being over. Realistically, a “designated survivor” would never win re-election. He’d be lucky to serve out his term.

Keifer needs to find a better vehicle. Honestly, I liked Kirkman. Keifer would make an excellent president. The show just couldn’t find its footing. They tried to be too many things. 

I seem to be rambling. Just like the show...

• Love 3

Kendra finds herself in a dangerous situation that puts another staffer's life at risk. Hannah takes an unexpected trip to get answers.

I'm a little late to the party, and still have the finale to watch from the DVR.

Serves me right for reading the Directv teaser.  I was wondering the whole episode who this other staffer would be, and then the minute that Emily volunteers to go to the house, I knew something would happen.  What a stupid teaser.  And Hannah taking an unexpected trip?  I assume they are referring to the London trip.  Why put these two things in the teaser line when they are the climax and end of the episode?

I try to remain unspoiled until I watch the episode, so I'm sort of sad to read here that the show is cancelled, but also relieved because it will be one less thing that I "have" to watch.  The writing was uneven, most of the characters uninteresting, and Michael J Fox really ruined it for me these last few weeks because I hated his character.