Type keyword(s) to search

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, paigow said:

Assuming he is the same age as Steve Rogers, Sousa would be 13 years old in 1931!!!!   

Was there something in Agent Carter to make Captain Rogers and Agent Sousa about the same age? The initial US draftees were 21 to 45 in real life with younger men, 18 and 19 being increasingly called up after 1943  when it was becoming clear that the US underestimated the number of casualties and troops needed, especially in infantry units.

In any case with a time machine/monolith I think 1931 will just be the jumping off point. 

3 hours ago, paigow said:

Assuming he is the same age as Steve Rogers, Sousa would be 13 years old in 1931!!!!   

He’s using a cane so he has to be from after WWII. Most likely sometime after Agent Carter. 

8 hours ago, Dani said:

He’s using a cane so he has to be from after WWII. Most likely sometime after Agent Carter. 

They better not make him a Hydra mole like they did to my childhood favorite S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Jasper Sitwell.

• Love 2
On 5/19/2020 at 2:14 PM, VCRTracking said:

Yes, can't wait! Also glad Coulsonbot knows he's an android.

I like that Deke’s theory of time travel is not as dark as his grandfather’s. I still hope we meet Triplett’s grandfather during all this time travel.

I can’t wait for this final season. I hate time travel stories, but I think seeing Coulson geek out over everything really might tide me over. And the hope of seeing Carter setting up Shield...

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 4:36 PM, paigow said:

Was this completed before Endgame was released? Will the team run into Loki? Or Steve Rogers Prime coming back for Peggy?

Endgame was released right in the middle of filming. There was time for it to influence the season but I doubt that it will be anything direct. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)
4 hours ago, Dani said:

Endgame was released right in the middle of filming. There was time for it to influence the season but I doubt that it will be anything direct. 

They had already missed their guess based on the trailers from Infinity War and I guess like most of us they were expecting a reset and not a blip in Endgame.

I really doubt if we get anywhere near the Winter Soldier or Age of Ultron tie ins but with their own time travel in play perhaps something along the level of the Iron Man 3 extremis being used by Hydra to clean up May and Coulson's honeymoon on Tahiti to end season 5. The initial break from MCU in  not making sense when half of the world should have just disappeared

Edited by Raja
(edited)

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 7 Is Already Delivering The Best Time Travel On TV
Laura Hurley   MAY. 27. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2547057/agents-of-shield-season-7-is-already-delivering-the-best-time-travel-on-tv 

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is officially back for its seventh and final season, which could very well be the show's wildest to date. After the Season 6 cliffhanger ended with the heroes set to spend Season 7 chasing the Chronicoms (aside from good old Enoch) through time, "The New Deal" unleashed the agents (including LMD Coulson) on 1931 New York City, and in the process proved that S.H.I.E.L.D. is already delivering the best time travel on TV. The question is: can it last?

"The New Deal" of course isn't the first time that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or the larger MCU have dealt with time travel, and time travel is hardly something new on TV. Between Outlander, Doctor Who, Legends of Tomorrow and more, the small screen has no small amount of content that sends characters throughout time. Thanks to the Season 7 premiere, however, S.H.I.E.L.D. is capable of true time travel greatness, and I say that as somebody with high standards for time travel. Here's why S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Season 7 use is already fantastic.
There Are Rules
Simmons herself summed up the situation nicely, explaining that the Chronicoms believe only S.H.I.E.L.D can stop them from taking Earth, so they're planning to eliminate S.H.I.E.L.D. from history. The Zephyr is a time machine insofar as it can follow the Chronicoms through history, on "autopilot." According to Simmons:

"There are critical launch windows leading to specific points in time and space. Fitz called them tides. The Chronicoms took one and we followed them here."
There Is No Butterfly Effect

Despite Daisy and Mack looking like a million bucks in their period costumes and Coulson finding joy in meeting FDR, Deke became my favorite character of the episode for debunking Daisy's assumption that the butterfly effect was in play, and every little thing they did in the past could have huge impacts on the future. Deke broke down the alternative, which seems to be what S.H.I.E.L.D. is going with:

"The butterfly effect is just one aspect of the multiverse branch theory. Personally, I subscribe to the timestream idea... Imagine time is a stream, right? And we were sticks that were thrown into it. The water moves us, it moves around us. Too many sticks thrown in and that'll create what's called a dam and that'll change the direction of the water forever and that's bad. So as long as we can avoid that, we should be able to splash around a little bit. We're all good."
The Show Is Ending

Am I happy that the criminally-underrated Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is ending? Of course not! Am I happy that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. waited until the end to spend a season traveling through time in earnest? Absolutely. With no Season 8 to follow, S.H.I.E.L.D. can pretty much do whatever it wants without having to worry about what it means for canon or the precedents it sets.
All of this said, it's possible that S.H.I.E.L.D. will break my heart and go for more of a butterfly effect version of time travel after getting my hopes up for 12 more episodes of Deke's timestream idea, but I'm excited to see what happens next. ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Virtual chat video is almost an hour long, but it's worth watching (warning: includes minor spoilers)...

Virtual Chat with the Cast and Producers - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
ABC    Premiered May 27, 2020

Virtual Chat Teaser - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
ABC  May 27, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

From two days ago...

AGENTS OF SHIELD Panel – Wizard World Virtual Experiences 2020
Fandom Spotlite   Jun 16, 2020

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. actors Adrian Pasdar, B.J. Britt, Brett Dalton, Briana Venskus, Dichen Lachman, Jeff Ward, Mallory Jansen, Max Osinski and Christopher Baker gave a virtual panel through Wizard World Virtual Experiences 2020 to talk about the show, their careers and answer fan questions.

Adrian Pasdar played Glenn Talbot and Graviton in Agents of SHIELD, but is also well known for Heroes, Supergirl, Colony, Burn Notice and voice work in Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.

B.J. Britt portrayed Antoine Triplett in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but has also appeared in Sons of Anarchy, UnREAL, Pitch, Being Mary Jane and A Million Little Things.

Brett Dalton was Grant Ward and Hive in Agents of SHIELD, but is also known for Deception, Elementary, Just My Type and voice work in Milo Murphy’s Law, Robot Chicken and Superman: Man of Tomorrow. He is also well known for his role in the video game Until Dawn.

Briana Venskus is Agent Piper is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but also is known for her roles in The Walking Dead, Sorry for Your Loss, Good Trouble, Supergirl and Nashville.

Dichen Lachman played Jiaying, mother of Daisy, in Agents of SHIELD, but is well known for roles in Altered Carbon, The 100, Being Human, Dollhouse, The Last Ship, Supergirl and Shameless.

Jeff Ward portrays Deke Shaw, future son of Leo and Jemma, in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but has also appeared in Channel Zero, The Beauty Inside, Body of Proof and Moonwatch.

Mallory Jansen was Aida / Madame Hydra / Agnes Kitsworth in Agents of SHIELD, but is also known for Shooter, American Housewife, Galavant, Baby Daddy, Young & Hungry and This is Us.

Max Osinski played Agent Davis is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but also has had roles in The Last Ship, Shameless, MacGyver, Hollywood Hitmen and The Nine Lives of Claw.

Christopher Baker was Malachi on Agents of SHIELD, but is also known for Stargirl, Shades of Blue, The Rookie, Ozark and True Detective.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star reminisces about his role as Fitz - Exclusive
BY CHRISTOPHER GATES    JUNE 8, 2020 
https://www.looper.com/214399/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-star-reminisces-about-his-role-as-fitz-exclusive/ 

"He definitely is braver and is more courageous than I am," De Caestecker tells Looper in an exclusive interview. "He's got quite a strong moral compass, usually, and that's definitely something to be admired."
When asked if he has a favorite Fitz-Simmons memory, De Caestecker hesitates for a few minutes, then quips, "I like the bad stuff," before taking a more thoughtful tone.

"I'm being sentimental now. I never really thought about it," he says, "but looking back, I really like the season one stuff. I like the lightheartedness and everything. They look a little bit more cartoony in season one, which is just fun, you know?"
"The other thing is, a lot of the work's done for you by the writers as well," he continues, "and the costume, the make-up, and the hair." In fact, the Doctor's hairstyle offered De Caestecker a key insight into the character. As he tells Looper, "One day, I was at home, and I got out of the shower, and I just parted my hair onto the side, and it was shaved a certain way and it was dyed, but I was kind of like, 'Oh, this is a bit Hitler Youth.'" De Caestecker took a photo of his improvised 'do and sent it to S.H.I.E.L.D's showrunners, who told him to run with the idea.

While Fitz is back to his regular self on season 7, De Caestecker hasn't quite had his fill of villainy. When asked which big-screen Marvel character he'd most like to meet, he names Thanos.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Stars Share Favorite Fitzsimmons Moments
TV Guide News   Jun 11, 2020

The stars of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., including Elizabeth Henstridge (Simmons), Iain De Caestecker (Fitz) and Jeff Ward (Deke), share their favorite Fitzsimmons moments with us from the show. What scenes from Season 1 do they love? What was it like filming their wedding? Watch to find out. The seventh and final season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is currently airing on Wednesdays at 10/9c on ABC.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I don't think there are any real spoilers in this article...

MING-NA WEN ON AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.'S FINAL SEASON AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PHILINDA
Carly Lane - June 16, 2020
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/ming-na-wen-on-agents-of-shields-final-season-and-the-possibility-of-philinda

We figured that wasn't all that might be in store for May, so SYFY FANGRRLS caught up with Ming-Na Wen via phone to chat about what's played out so far, what potentially lies ahead for her character (like a Philinda endgame?) and what she's currently FANGRRLing over.

May's a character who's always kept her emotions very close to the vest in a lot of ways, but this is a very different emotionless position she's in now.
Yeah. Just when you think she couldn't feel less and show less, she does. It's very tough as an actor to play that, trust me. I mean when they told me what was going to happen, I was like, "Really, you're going to go in that direction? How is that even possible? How do I show less?"

What was the biggest difference for you between playing her as someone who internalizes a lot versus a completely emotionless version? What was the biggest challenge? Because it definitely sounds like it was a challenge.
Right, it really was. I asked Joel Stoffer, who plays Enoch, "What are some things that I can do to turn off all emotions?" Because even Enoch has more emotions and opinions than May. I think it's just in the eyes, more or less, where if I just maintain a deadness to her eyes... that was my starting point. Because even when she spoke she couldn't have any emotions and it was very challenging.

This most recent episode must have been more fun because she got to do a little undercover work. Was there anything interesting that you learned about that part of history through getting to dive into it?
Well, when they were telling us that they were going to do time travel, and one of the time periods was going to be in the '50s, I was excited because I've always been so interested in the WASPs, which stands for Women Airforce Service Pilots. And I immediately told the producers, "Look, there were Asian pilots during that time. How cool is that?" And the fact that May, when she first came on the show, was known as the pilot, it just seemed really apropos. And it was a great way to showcase the fact that these women were so brave and they never got the accolades, really, back in the day.
I have to ask about Philinda. You've been supportive of that relationship. I know that we're getting down to the wire with this season, but is there any possibility of it happening for them?
Well, I think one of the greatest aspects and continuity of all seven seasons, and the synergy with the fans, is this development of their relationship. Coulson and May were just more or less supposed to be good partners, good soldiers with each other, and the fans really wanted them to hook up. So it's been a great synergy between the writers and the producers and us, in having this happen.

I think, like any relationship in S.H.I.E.L.D, it's always got its ups and downs and there are always moments of it being unrequited. And right now we have a killer bot and a Chronicom trying to rekindle emotions. I don't know. I mean, that's what we always want. We always want them to find love in the end. But yeah, we'll see. Right now, May's not having it. [laughs]

Looking back on the show, what do you think your biggest personal takeaway is from playing the character? What are the aspects of her that are going to stick with you?
I think one of the biggest lessons I learned from playing May is that you don't have to really worry that much about somebody liking you or what their opinions about you are. Especially if they're negative. Growing up Asian, growing up in white suburbia, and as a woman, I was always trying so hard to either get acceptance or feel like I was part of a group.

For May, she is such an individual who is so confident in her abilities, and who she is, and what she's about, that she doesn't need anybody else to tell her who she is. And I think that is one of my biggest takeaways. I don't need to have to care so much about what other people think, because the people that are going to be kind and sweet and support me are the true people, true friends. And everybody else... just punch them in the face. [laughs]

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I always enjoy Ming-Na Wen's interviews, if you watch filmed interviews with her, it can downright startling how different she is from May.

I mean when they told me what was going to happen, I was like, "Really, you're going to go in that direction? How is that even possible? How do I show less?"

I think many of us asked those exact same questions. 🙂

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't recall if this screen test was ever posted here, but it's new to me...

Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain De Caestecker Screen Test - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
ABC    July 23, 2016

Our favorite scientists had chemistry right from the beginning with their screen test, first seen at San Diego Comic Con. ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Agents of SHIELD: Darren Barnet Reflects on Freddy Malick, Never Have I Ever
BY MEAGAN DAMORE    JULY 24, 2020
https://www.cbr.com/agents-shield-darren-barnet-freddy-malick-interview/

CBR: Tell me a little about how you landed the role of Freddy Malick.
Darren Barnet: Oh, you know, it was interesting. I went in on a Friday afternoon to play one of the cops -- smaller role. I left, and on Sunday, I got a call from casting. I've never been contacted on Sunday by casting in my life. And they wanted me to go in the next morning to audition for Freddy. I guess they just saw something in me the previous Friday that matched the role, and went in and read for it and, about an hour later, I booked it.
What kind of research did you do to prepare?
I didn't do any watching. I wanted to know what Freddy knew, and Freddy was somewhat clueless. But the amount of research I did was basically more so -- I knew I was going to be playing in 1931 in New York City, so I would listen to music from that era for weeks on end beforehand, every day in my trailer. Actually, my grandfather was a musician from New York City in the 30s and 40s, so I created a Pandora station with my grandfather's music, which I didn't know existed, so it was actually cool to find out.

But yeah, I tried to get down the lingo from that era, listening to old radio interviews of that Mid-Atlantic, New York kind of accent, and I tweaked it a little bit on my own. When I was on set, they did not ask for that, but I just tried it, and then was more like, "Ask for forgiveness rather than permission." After the first take, I went up to the director, I'm like, "Are you okay with this?" And he was like, "I love it. Keep doing it." So it was great.

Freddy is a unique character, in that we knew what he becomes before we really got to know him as a character. How did this foresight impact the way you approached the character?
I was notified of that and who his son is and all of that. What I understood about Freddy and whatever he liked is that, although I'm playing a villain, I'm playing him when he's still deciding which path he's gonna take. So I knew that there was an arc with him that I really wanted to explore, knowing that you see a good kid that is on the verge of breaking bad, pretty much. So it was fun with episode one and two, the transformation of him: just a kid trying to have a job and just do his thing into becoming the man that is this thread to Hydra.
I can only imagine joining an established series like this can be a little intimidating. What was the atmosphere like for you on set, once the premiere was underway?
I felt immediately welcomed and at home. It is such a well-oiled machine that has been running for so long and I was flattered to be a part. Every day at lunch, Chloe [Bennet], Jeff [Ward], Henry [Simmons] would all invite me to sit with them. We would talk about everything, from relationships to past seasons to funny stories that happened on set. For the time I was there, I felt like one of the gang. It was really great.
What was your favorite memory from set?
Favorite memory, honestly, was the incredible amount of laughs that Jeff and Henry and I had. We became, I felt, like three peas in a pod during shooting and we were sitting there, cracking jokes at each other all the time, roasting each other, making fun of each other. It was like we'd known each other for the longest time, and that was so much fun.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Reading that interview caused me to reflect on "Freddy Bottles" Malick, and how he had a nice little character arc there.  In only two episodes, he went from the naive kid to a crucial "thread" in Hydra history.  I liked his line "You play the cards you're dealt, right?" and how he decided that he wasn't going to go out like his father did (after shooting Grandpa Koenig).  By the time he grew up and was Wilfred Malick, I thought the character was far less interesting.  We had Wilfred Malick for two episodes as well, and I don't know if we saw anything interesting from him.

(edited)

Promo that aired after last night's episode...

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 7x07 Promo "The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and The D" (HD)
TV Promos   Jul 1, 2020

Trivia nitpick: Mack and Deke are stuck in 1982. The Breakfast Club was released in 1985 ("Don't You Forget About Me").

Edited by tv echo

Based on the beard (and Mac's change in demeanor) I'm assuming a lot of time has passed since they were initially left in 1982.   Coulson is Max Headroom now, which is also later than 1982.  But then the Terminator scene the appear to be riffing on with the robots attacking a military installation from within is from T3, which was released in 2003 so they're probably not being overly historically accurate.   

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Maverick said:

Based on the beard (and Mac's change in demeanor) I'm assuming a lot of time has passed since they were initially left in 1982.   Coulson is Max Headroom now, which is also later than 1982.  But then the Terminator scene the appear to be riffing on with the robots attacking a military installation from within is from T3, which was released in 2003 so they're probably not being overly historically accurate.   

Not to mention "come with me" from Reese or a Terminator was decades early. And the three red dots on Simmons neck had driven Sarah Connor for weeks on the Sarah Connor Chronicles 

19 hours ago, Maverick said:

There were also Sibyl's new hunters which look like Short Circuit-ish robots (1986).  Mack seems to be channeling Schwarzenegger in "Commando" with the sleeveless vest (1985).  And the woman next to him is channelling Ellen Ripley with her hairstyle and jumpsuit.  The first movie came out in 1979 but I don't think she became iconic until the second one (1986).

With the length of Mack's beard, maybe they have been there for 3 or 4 years.

Let's not forget that none of the references have to be exact to the year each episode is set, since the characters all come from the future and therefore don't have to wait for this stuff to actually come out to be aware of its existence!

8 minutes ago, Llywela said:

Let's not forget that none of the references have to be exact to the year each episode is set, since the characters all come from the future and therefore don't have to wait for this stuff to actually come out to be aware of its existence!

Doesn't matter the Chronicom's are not in "our" timeline 🤯 Come with me if you want to continue to exist.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Best Superhero Movies and TV Shows on Netflix Right Now
By Matt Fowler   Posted: 3 Jul 2020
https://www.ign.com/articles/the-best-superhero-movies-and-tv-shows-on-netflix-right-now

Agents of SHIELD
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, featuring Clark Gregg's Phil Coulson, started out as a direct tie-in to the MCU films, especially considering the Hydra reveal in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But as the series went on, and the rift between Marvel TV and Marvel Studios became greater, SHIELD stopped fully concerning itself with the films and focused more on its own built-in dramas and sagas. After teaming with Ghost Rider, battling Hydra in a virtual world, and taking on the Kree in a dystopian timeline where Earth was destroyed by Graviton, the SHIELD heroes were able to create a legion of rabid fans without relying on Avengers scraps.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
The Incredibles 2
Arrow
Daredevil
Gotham
The Umbrella Academy
Agents of SHIELD
Lucifer
Legends of Tomorrow
I Am Not Okay With This

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Can Blindspot Hack a Spinoff? Who Has Baby-Sitter Goals? Is Bold Type Out to Wreck Us? Huh, Yellowstone? More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso and Charlie Mason / July 10 2020, 
https://tvline.com/2020/07/10/blindspot-spinoff-hackers-patterson-rich-boston-tv-questions-answers/ 

16 | So, trying to understand Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s 1982 geography…. Mack grew up in Austin, Texas, and seemed to be holed up near-ish his uncle’s home. But his uncle had Illinois license plates? And The Deke Squad was playing at a nearby club… that was also close enough to the Lighthouse (in Upstate New York) that they tricked it out? Also, how much cash did Mack happen to have on him at the time of his stranding that kept him in motorcycle gas, model cars and cheap beer for nearly two years? Lastly, how did the Zephyr travel back in time, seeing as Jemma told us earlier in the season that doing so requires power the ship doesn’t have to spare?

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Can Blindspot Hack a Spinoff? Who Has Baby-Sitter Goals? Is Bold Type Out to Wreck Us? Huh, Yellowstone? More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso and Charlie Mason / July 10 2020, 
https://tvline.com/2020/07/10/blindspot-spinoff-hackers-patterson-rich-boston-tv-questions-answers/ 

Lastly, how did the Zephyr travel back in time, seeing as Jemma told us earlier in the season that doing so requires power the ship doesn’t have to spare?

I think whoever wrote this is confused. The Zephyr didn't travel back in time - it made the same sort of jump forward it has been all season. Mack and Deke simply waited for it to turn up, which as it turns out took 20 months. They were lucky it wasn't another 20-odd year hop this time!

• Love 3
(edited)

Schedule of Saturday panels for Comic-Con@Home (SDCC's 2020 virtual event) has been posted...
https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/saturday

Saturday, July 25
3:00pm    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Stories and Science of Mutants, Androids, Space Travel and Aliens
For seven seasons Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has managed to take us on one wild ride after another. The show is coming to an end with season seven, which premiered on May 27, and we are excited to celebrate the show with this panel. It is one thing to explore the amazing, and sometimes scary, abilities of inhumans (mutants), and quite another to take these stories into a matrix-like world, into space and even on a time-traveling adventure. Join the Fleet Science Center and executive producers, writers, and actors from Marvel's immensely popular TV show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., as they reveal how these stories came to life and discuss with San Diego scientists if they got the science right. Panelists are Jeffrey Bell (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. showrunner, executive producer, and writer), Andrea Decker (Fleet Science Center, moderator), Dr. Virginia De Sa (professor in the Cognitive Science Department at UC San Diego), Elizabeth Henstridge (actor, Jemma Simmons), Dr. Anila Kanchan Madiraju (research associate at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies), Melissa Miller (scientist and science writer at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography), James Oliver (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-producer and writer), Sharla Oliver (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-producer and writer), Dr. Troy Sandberg (postdoctoral researcher at UC San Diego), Joel Stoffer (actor, Enoch), and Craig Titley (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producer and writer).

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2020 at 10:59 AM, tv echo said:

| So, trying to understand Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s 1982 geography…. Mack grew up in Austin, Texas, and seemed to be holed up near-ish his uncle’s home. But his uncle had Illinois license plates? And The Deke Squad was playing at a nearby club… that was also close enough to the Lighthouse (in Upstate New York) that they tricked it out?

Did they ever say that his family was in Texas, because I don't recall that. I guess his uncle could have moved to NY with the boys.  Which is why they aren't that far from the lighthouse.

• Love 1

The Fleet Science Center Celebrates: The Stories & Science of Agents of SHIELD | Comic-Con@Home 2020
Comic-Con International   Jul. 25, 2020

For seven seasons Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has managed to take us on one wild ride after another. The show is coming to an end with season seven, which premiered on May 27, and we are excited to celebrate the show with this panel. It is one thing to explore the amazing, and sometimes scary, abilities of inhumans (mutants), and quite another to take these stories into a matrix like world, into space and even on a time travelling adventure. Join the Fleet Science Center and executive producers, writers, and actors from Marvel’s immensely popular TV show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., as they reveal how these stories came to life and discuss with San Diego scientists if they got the science right. Panelists are: Jeffrey Bell (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. showrunner, executive producer, and writer), Andrea Decker (Fleet Science Center, moderator), Dr. Virginia De Sa (professor in the Cognitive Science Department at UC San Diego), Elizabeth Henstridge (actor (Jemma Simmons), Dr. Anila Kanchan Madiraju (research associate at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies), Melissa Miller (scientist and science writer at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography), James Oliver (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-producer and writer), Sharla Oliver (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-producer and writer), Dr. Troy Sandberg (postdoctoral researcher at UC San Diego), Joel Stoffer (actor, Enoch), and Craig Titley (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producer and writer).

Interview with Chang Gang (Matt and John) from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
Agents of SHIELD - BR   Jul. 25, 2020

One of the members of our team had the chance to talk to the Yung Twins, that played the roles of Tommy and Ronnie Chang, on the 7th episode of the final season of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Cast Reacts to the Show Ending
TV Guide News   Jul. 24, 2020

The cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. looks back on seven seasons of making the Marvel series, react to filming their final scenes, and open up about the love from fans. Relive the memories with Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, Iain De Caestecker, and Jeff Ward. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Wednesdays on ABC.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Cast Plays Most Likely To
TV Guide   Jul. 22, 2020

Stars of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tell us which of their cast mates are most likely to be caught in these S.H.I.E.L.D.-inspired scenarios, including: gambling their way out of a bad situation, entering The Framework just for fun, or actually know what S.H.I.E.L.D. stands for. Watch Clark Gregg, Jeff Ward, Chole Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Henry Simmons, Iain De Caestecker,  Ming-Na Wen, Natalia Cordova-Buckley tell all. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Wednesdays on ABC.

• Useful 1

31 TV Actors Who Should've Won An Emmy For These Memorable Performances, But Didn't
Nora Dominick    Jul. 25, 2020
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-actors-who-deserved-awards

13. Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
"Iain De Caestecker has had multiple Emmy-worthy performances on the show. From when Fitz is literally just standing in a room and hitting a rock, to playing his character having a mental break and hallucinating an alternate version of himself, and then his death scene, he has been incredible. I’m still mad he hasn't won any awards or gotten recognition."

—inspire_forever

• Love 3
(edited)

Actor Chloe Bennet opens up about Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Exclusive interview
BY CHRISTOPHER GATES/JULY 27, 2020 12:18 PM EDT
https://www.looper.com/230605/actor-chloe-bennet-opens-up-about-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-exclusive-interview/

Shortly before the premiere of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s final season, Bennet took some time to talk with Looper about how she trained for Daisy's big action scenes, how she first learned that she was getting superpowers, whether or not she'd like to make the jump to Marvel movies, and the challenges that come with being an Asian-American actor in Hollywood.
Daisy's real identity, and the fact that she's a character that we knew from the comics, is one of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D's biggest twists. How early on did you know that you were going to be a superhero?
Honestly, I'm pretty sure the fans guessed it before I knew. I didn't know about it at all. I had inklings. I had a feeling that I was going to turn into something by the end of the season one, or maybe even at the beginning of season two. I'm not quite sure. It's all kind of a blur.

But I remember someone being like, "You're going to be a superhero." I was like, "What?" I was cast as a computer hacker who lives in a van like a complete dork, not physical stuff. I thought it was pretty funny. I was like, "No way. I'm not athletic. I can't do that." And then I looked at a bunch of fan theory websites. I remember thinking maybe I'd be Mantis, or She-Hulk, or some random thing.

And then, I remember this one time, it was 2:00 AM and I was reading some fan blog and someone was like, "I think that she's Daisy. I think she's Quake. I think she's Daisy Johnson." And then I googled the character and I saw a little bit. They definitely took their time when it came to telling me. I was probably the last to know, I think.
People kind of forget that you're Marvel Studios' first Asian superhero, and you've been vocal about the discrimination you faced in Hollywood. With Marvel announcing Shang-Chi, Parasite winning best picture, and Crazy Rich Asians being such a big hit, have you noticed any changes with regards to Asian representation in your everyday professional life?
I mean, as long as we're talking about it, the change isn't necessarily complete, if you know what I mean. I think that right now, especially to people who aren't Asian, there's a trend of Asians in Hollywood. They're like, "Oh, Asian movies work," and that kind of thing. But being Asian isn't a trend to me. And what I loved about S.H.I.E.L.D is that they cast me because I was right for the role, and ultimately ended up writing to fit my ethnicity and my diversity, and made that a part of the character, and it only added richness to the character.

I think that's such an organic and cool way to do things, and that trickled down from Maurissa, who's one of our showrunners and who happens to be Asian and happens to be a woman, but she's also incredible at her job. And I think the more that it can be not a trend and just be like, "We're casting people who are awesome for the roles and they happen to be Asian," that's when I think things will really start to change.

But obviously, are we going in the right direction? Are we going in a better direction? Absolutely. It has to start somewhere, and I think if it starts by being a trend, then I guess that's the way to do it, but I think we still have a long way to go.

There are always rumors about Quake getting a spinoff or appearing in the movies. At the same time, you've also been playing this role for seven years. Now that the show's over, if you had the chance to bring Daisy back, would you do it?
I definitely would. I mean, I have such a soft spot for her. I started shooting the show when I was 20, and then I finished when I was 27. To get this time right now, in isolation, to kind of contemplate the past seven years and how much it's meant to me — it hasn't really hit me yet that the show is over, so it doesn't really feel like I'm done playing her yet.

I think once the last episode airs and the show is really out of my life, I think that will be an interesting feeling. But I can never say never. I mean, Coulson's died like 800 times. I don't think I realized when I first auditioned for the role how much this entire entity, how much this character, how much this universe and how much S.H.I.E.L.D. was going to be just a part of me for the rest of my life. I definitely would be open to playing her again.

But I have not been asked to, so... But, listen, "Coulson Lives" started on Twitter, so who knows?

Incidentally, I also came across this article when reading about Comic-Con @Home (just FYI)....

Daredevil Actor Peter Shinkoda Alleges Marvel V's Jeph Loeb Made Racist Comments About Asians During Production
BY KRUTIKA MALLIKARJUNA  JULY 27, 2020
https://www.tvguide.com/news/daredevil-peter-shinkoda-jeph-loeb-racist-comments-asians/ 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Llywela said:

I thought there were 13 episodes this season. Is it only 12 instead?

According to IMDb, there are three episodes left. However, according to Wikipedia, episode 11 will air on August 5 and then both episodes 12 and 13 will air on August 12. Here are the episode titles..

Spoiler

7x11    Brand New Day
7x12    The End Is at Hand
7x13    What We're Fighting For

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

James Paxton looks so much younger in real life (he's 26)...

-- Elizabeth Henstridge: "And... they just announced that they're going to do - that S.H.I.E.L.D.'s going to do a two-episode finale. So we only have this and then two more."

-- When asked about his process of preparing to play young John Garrett, James Paxton: "Well, the first thing I did was, I went back and watched all my dad's episodes. Um, I watched 'em all, uh, everyone he did a couple times through, and I'd - I'd pause it and replay stuff. And, um - and I just noticed the main thing he did with the character that was different to just himself was he had a - a real cadence, like a very specific cadence for the way he would deliver his lines. But I also, you know, noticed that he would just had a blast with it. So like everything he was like excited, like every line he had, packed with excitement behind it. Um, so I - I kind of just wanted to make sure that I matched that energy level coming into it. And - and I thought that it could even be potentially ramped up even more in certain moments, because this is the younger version. He was probably even more of a - a hothead and, uh, and excitable at that age. So I just, uh, studied his episodes and, um - and I know him, you know, pretty well, so that [unintelligible words] difficult... So that was pretty much the main, you know, part of the process for me... Oh yeah, yeah. Gary and I had a lot of conversations about it, for sure. ... It was so much fun, and everyone was so kind and welcoming to me. And I was very nervous coming on to the show because you guys have been doing it so long as a - as a family, really... And I just wanted to make sure that I did - not only my dad, but the entire show, um, you know, justice with, you know, coming aboard. And I was just so honored to be there that I - it was - I couldn't believe it, you know, I was pinching myself the entire time I was on set. And I'd never been on sets that were so, you know, futuristic and - and - and intricate and technologically advanced. It was cool."

Live with Lil! AGENTS OF SHIELD ep 710
Elizabeth Henstridge   Streamed live Jul 29, 2020

Watch Marvel's Agents of Shield 710 Live with me! And some friends.... 

THIS WEEK!! Incredible Director and one of our Exec Producers, GARY BROWN, woooonderful writers MARK BRUNER & GEORGE KITSON, A+++++++ Director of Photography Kyle Jewell, Stunt Woman extraordinaire MELISSA BROWN aaaaaaand the FANTASTIC JAMES PAXTON who gives a total acting masterclass in episode 710 playing a young John Garrett. Truly electric. 
Everyone is so generous with their expertise and sharing how they got to where they are as well as some faaabulous bts. Iiiiiiiit's a good one!!! 

We really appreciate all the love the past 7 seasons and I wanna watch this last one with YOU! And introduce to you some of the incredible people that have worked on these episodes, hopefully helping to open up the business to everyone! 

We watch with the East Coast Stream buuuut we do a countdown (or try to 😬) so if you're not watching live you can time your watching with us! 

#agentsofshield #abc #season7 #710 #stayhome #withme #marvel #chloebennet #clarkgregg #jeffward 

Lil x

FYI: Elizabeth Henstridge's youtube channel includes similar live chats for each of the previous Season 7 episodes - here's the link to her videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLYn7XYzE-31RCfNvgGOlzw/videos

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1