Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Just now, Apprentice79 said:

He tried to destroy Martin Luther King Jr, and many others, like him.  

I know. My comment was about her crack about Hoover having not written a book after he was out of office. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I know. My comment was about her crack about Hoover having not written a book after he was out of office. 

I was surprised by this huge goof.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I hope tweeter goes after her, for her comments about Hoover...Why do people continue to feed her delusion, that she is some political pundit who needs to be heard...It is astounding and appalling. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22
35 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Thank you and he has a right to write a book and be remunerated.

she is So basic.

She was so flustered even her ears were red, after a while.

So matchy-matchy today, that girl.  ?

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I was surprised by this huge goof.

By 'surprised', you mean suprised/not surprised, right?

RBM wrote out a laundry list of gotcha questions, with no research whatsoever, (because she already knows everything; just ask her) and went on to make a total fool out of herself on national TV.  My heart is warmed by it all. 

• Love 24
Just now, Stacey1014 said:

The body language between the hosts is very telling. Meghan sits off by herself while the other hosts converse when they go to commercial breaks. It’s like they really don’t care for her.

It is worst than with the other fox blondie, Imo.

Just now, Stacey1014 said:
7 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

By 'surprised', you mean suprised/not surprised, right?

RBM wrote out a laundry list of gotcha questions, with no research whatsoever, (because she already knows everything; just ask her) and went on to make a total fool out of herself on national TV.  My heart is warmed by it all. 

Wasn’t it an “off” the cuff comment? ;)

• Love 3

There was such a difference in tone in the way the questions were asked. Everyone was pretty respectful. And then we come to Meghan ..... it's as if she was saying in her alleged mind , you piece of garbage ,  then ask the question in the most condescending way. She probably thought she could break Comey then and there. She only knows about J Edgar because one of her best pals starred in the movie. She's got to be mad at Whoopi though. After Meghan asked her character assassination question , Whoopi  went to break and the matter was never brought up again. Well done Whoopi ...... words I can't believe I'm writing. 

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

It was worth it just to see/hear her say "why are you laughing??" in that pissy voice of hers. 

That moment was golden. The valley-girl vocal fry made it all the more glorious. She really had no idea why they were laughing at her!

• Love 20

A lot of media are reporting that she ripped Comey, including Newsweek, but I found this which made me laugh.

https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/04/18/james-comey-the-view-interview/

I have taken to using closed captioning since Elsa arrived on the scene, and CC actually leaves out a lot of the valley girl asides/cross talk, because they cannot even understand her.

18 minutes ago, Orillia said:

There was such a difference in tone in the way the questions were asked. Everyone was pretty respectful. And then we come to Meghan ..... it's as if she was saying in her alleged mind , you piece of garbage ,  then ask the question in the most condescending way. She probably thought she could break Comey then and there. She only knows about J Edgar because one of her best pals starred in the movie. She's got to be mad at Whoopi though. After Meghan asked her character assassination question , Whoopi  went to break and the matter was never brought up again. Well done Whoopi ...... words I can't believe I'm writing. 

I really noticed this today too.  Because Joy and Sunny, and to some extent, Whoopi, asked questions that were critical of decisions that Comey made, but they were completely respectful.  Even Sara was countering him when she asked about including Trump's appearance, but did so respectfully, and he explained himself and said he would leave it out if he had to do it over again, just based on how people are seizing on that alone.  Only Elsa asked her questions with such contempt and vitriol.  And how does she, as a Repub, disagree that the party should be based on values and truth?  Instead she took it as a personal affront.

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, bannana said:

A lot of media are reporting that she ripped Comey, including Newsweek, but I found this which made me laugh.

Yeah, comparing Comey to a cross-dressing, racist homophobe who died while still holding his title as FBI Director so he COUDLN'T write a tell-all book is "ripping" him. 

This is no shade to cross-dressers but Meghan is ridiculous.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 16

It just goes to show you how dangerous social media is to news. Crap will be retweeted and shared over and over until even respected outlets pick it up. If she "ripped" anyone it was herself.

• Love 10

She blindly defends Trump by way of 'my party.'  She will say, I don't agree with everything he does but it reads as an empty statement to cover her ass.  She likes Trump and applauds his policies.  Pinhead.  Just come out, admit it and say why.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 12

You guys have covered it all so well. The red dressed, viperous, glaring Meghan Meghan came ready for war with Comey, and she was shut down so easily.  The comment about J. Edgar Hoover was hilarious. Maybe she should have majored in U.S. History or Political Science if her vocation was political punditry. She probably had J.EDGAR HOOVER ROLLING OVER IN GRAVE! in her blue notes. I think at this point she just wants her name out there on twitter and other media, even though most people know she is an empty headed, mean spirited fraud.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Wings said:

She blindly defends Trump by way of 'my party.'  She will say, I don't agree with everything he does but it reads as an empty statement to cover her ass.  She likes Trump and applauds his policies.  Pinhead.  Just come out, admit it and say why.  

As of right now Trump is head of her tribe. I have no doubt when and lord I hope it's soon he is no longer President she will turn on him.  I used to think Elisabeth was hyper partisan but Meghan puts EH to shame.

• Love 10

I tuned in today to watch the Comey interview. I hated the music they used every time they came back from commercial.  Let me start off by saying, I do not like him. I really believe he cost Clinton the election, and it irritates me that he still stands by his decision to make that announcement just mere weeks before the election. I was annoyed that Meghan seemed to dominate the questions.

When Sunny asked him about why he made the investigation announcement against Clinton, but stayed silent with the whole Russia interfering with the election, it sounded to me, that Comey was blaming Obama for that. I don't understand that! How can Comey say, I had a speech ready and everything, but President Obama did not want me to announce that Russia was trying to interfere with the election, but yet, you didn't need Obama's permission to announce the Clinton re-opening, and he did that?

Can someone explain that to me?

• Love 12

I just finished watching the James Comey interview on "The View".  Just some thoughts on it -

I thought that James Comey came off as personable, thoughtful, and sincere.  He explained some of what he thought and how he came to certain decisions.  Although, I do not agree with some of what he did I can respect the man.  He also referred to things that he would have changed or not done.  I found that honest, because when looking back on decisions a person makes, there are regrets about choices and decisions made.  I felt that he truly was being honest with the questions being asked.  

The women did a good job of asking their questions.  Being thoughtful about what they asked and how they asked it, as well as giving him time to answer them.  I thought that Joy especially, had a good rapport with him.

Oh, Megan!  J. Edgar Hoover was not a good example to bring up.  And not to understand why everyone laughed?  How clueless can you be? (Don't answer that.)  Her questions were said (not asked!) so angrily and poorly framed.  She looked so mad during the whole thing.

*I thought it was cute when Joy showed/gave James Comey her book, he seemed to give a smile as he read the title.

• Love 15

Well damn, it is too early to drink, even for me, so I will wait a couple of hours and watch this interview. I'm retired, but not ready for A/A yet. Sounds like a nice little blood bath for RBM.....Can't wait, thanks for the heads up kids! Colbert had him on last night and it was magical. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Before I tear Meh-gan a new one, I have to say that I thought she looked very nice today. Gorgeous red suit, good hair and make-up.

And what a bitch. Beady little eyes narrowed.  Ready to fillet James Comey!

I found James Comey extremely credible and I agree with Sunny - I think he is a patriot. The only thing I have an issue with is that he should have either held back information on *both* investigations - on Clinton and Trump - OR - put both investigations out there - but not put out Clinton and hold back the information on Trump. It should have been both or none. I loved his comments on values and character. Apparently, Meh-gan didn't clue in. She looked dumb, mean and vindictive. Nothing she said contributed to the conversation. Wah wah wah.

I'm glad he was on.

Exactly ... well said!!!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

I tuned in today to watch the Comey interview. I hated the music they used every time they came back from commercial.  Let me start off by saying, I do not like him. I really believe he cost Clinton the election, and it irritates me that he still stands by his decision to make that announcement just mere weeks before the election. I was annoyed that Meghan seemed to dominate the questions.

When Sunny asked him about why he made the investigation announcement against Clinton, but stayed silent with the whole Russia interfering with the election, it sounded to me, that Comey was blaming Obama for that. I don't understand that! How can Comey say, I had a speech ready and everything, but President Obama did not want me to announce that Russia was trying to interfere with the election, but yet, you didn't need Obama's permission to announce the Clinton re-opening, and he did that?

Can someone explain that to me?

There was evidence that warranted an investigation on Clinton in the first place. He may have in some way thought that re-opening the investigation based on new emails discovered wouldn't impact the election (I personally think it was a wave of factors and not just that) but at the end of the day, it was information that was relevant to a candidate running for President. Information like that should be available to voters to help them shape their decisions when voting. I personally think any candidate for leader (of any democratic country) should be an open book. If you're high level personnel doing things against the rules, I wanna know. If you're preaching about the middle class opportunities and party values yet you're tax returns suggest you leach off the middle class, poor countries and you pay to have all of your dirty secrets buried, yeah I wanna know that because I wanna know the person I'm voting for. That doesn't contravene the democratic system unless there's evidence that Comey and the FBI abused their authority to investigate based on intentionally false allegations.

The Russian investigation was due to suspicion and they were tailing leads that they thought may be involved. It seems to me that their intelligence didn't gather enough information that would have justified releasing the information to the public without compromising other areas of the investigation. By releasing that information, you're creating panic and doubt among the public regarding the security of your democratic process and that will not only automatically question the legitimacy of the current election, but all of the elections before and after it. If people don't have faith in the democratic process, they won't partake in it. I can understand why the President would want to intervene and intercept that information from being released to the public knowledge given the lack of information that was secured at that point in time.

• Love 9

I don't like Comey but he was likable on this show.  I notice he had worn goggles for either a spray tan or makeup.  Funny.  

The head of the FBI will always have a bias and though he is not enchanted with the repubs now, he will be again when someone else runs.  

A fantasy for the future would be appointing 2 one from each party to fill the position for a check and balance situation. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Wings said:

The head of the FBI will always have a bias and though he is not enchanted with the repubs now, he will be again when someone else runs.  

But that bias should not influence any decisions they make.  We have no way of knowing if Comey's did influence his.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

I don't like Comey but he was likable on this show.  I notice he had worn goggles for either a spray tan or makeup.  Funny.  

A fantasy for the future would be appointing 2 one from each party to fill the position for a check and balance situation. 

The FBI is supposed to be apolitical and their loyalty is to the constitution and not to their party.  It is okay to have a bias, but, it should not be a factor in your decisions.  Plus, Comey also forgot to say that there were anti-Hillary agents, in the New York office, that were causing a ruckus and that also played a part in him disclosing the information about the re-opening of her investigation.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

When I think of Barbara Bush, I remember that she's responsible for Willie Horton. 

I will follow the rule that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Me too, and she didn't want "refugees" coming to Texas after Katrina destroyed New Orleans. 

Lol, "why are laughing?" was as someone else put it, Golden hahaha. 

I liked the interview.It was good, they asked him tough questions but were respectful.  Well  except MM. 

I hope Comey can survive the rest of the day after being taken down by MM lol. Hilarious she did nothing but but show what an ignorant entitled brat she is.

• Love 13
53 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

The highlight was Meghan's stupid commentary/questions earning laughs around the whole table. You can't write a book about the FBI after you're no longer in it if you've died while still in service to the FBI. Moron.

Meghan was a waste of space on that stage. She's so ingrained in her own bias that I don't even think she does research before asking her questions and respectfully communicating her questions. Her approach is always to ask pointed questions or throw in pointed commentary that's intended to 'filet' her interviewee to the point where she's not really listening and comprehending what is being said. How do you know what Hoover would think? You were told straight to your face that the book was vetted by the FBI to ensure that no security intelligence was compromised. The book is about his life and that includes difficult moments as his time as Director. I didn't read the book but given that it was vetted by the FBI, I would believe that his reference to his time in the FBI is not about divulging secrets but taking readers through his thought process, emotions, decisions and mistakes and as he says, he admits many mistakes in this book. What really angered me was her accusations toward Comey for having political opinions as a now private citizen and even talking about the activities of his wife. His wife has always been a private citizen, no? Taking offense to embracing Obama and being worried about the next 4 years under Trump - being in the FBI and working with leaders of the country doesn't mean that you're unable to recognize the men and women for their character. Comey has identified as a Republican while being Director and I assume she had no issue with that but it's somehow some act of political warfare to hug the outgoing leader and taking a moment to appreciate that with the new personality coming in, it's likely going to be harder to do your job? Taking offense to his comments about the Republican party...hey dummy, don't you sit there almost every day and complain about how you're a dying breed of Republican that's being taken over by Trumpism? So what's the difference when Comey says that the Republican party is no longer the party that represents his values? You say it everyday, the only difference is that you want to judge him for choosing his values over his political party and so now he's an outsider who doesn't deserve to have an opinion on the Republican party, even though his views mirror what you say almost on a daily basis. Take your tribalism and shove it with your overbearing self because you are not as smart as you think you are.

Overall, I thought the women outside of Meghan did a great job with their questions. Their questions required a response that either had to acknowledge mistakes and how things could have been done better, or it required meaningful justification for why things happened the way it happened. And in some cases, clarifying misunderstood interpretations of what has been said. That’s how you ask questions.

Comey told also Colbert that the book was vetted by the FBI and also said "if it isn't in the book, I can't talk about it".  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Meghan actually retweeted this.

Meghan McCain Confronts Comey: 'J. Edgar Hoover is Rolling Over in His Grave' Over Book Details

She is still clueless, is proud of what she said.

It looks like Meggy took down her retweet of this.

It made me laugh. First, she retweets because it has her "confronting" Comey. Then, she read the comments and maybe felt like the idiot she is.  

I wonder if her husband is a fan of Hoover. It wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Before I tear Meh-gan a new one, I have to say that I thought she looked very nice today. Gorgeous red suit, good hair and make-up.

And what a bitch. Beady little eyes narrowed.  Ready to fillet James Comey!

I found James Comey extremely credible and I agree with Sunny - I think he is a patriot. The only thing I have an issue with is that he should have either held back information on *both* investigations - on Clinton and Trump - OR - put both investigations out there - but not put out Clinton and hold back the information on Trump. It should have been both or none. I loved his comments on values and character. Apparently, Meh-gan didn't clue in. She looked dumb, mean and vindictive. Nothing she said contributed to the conversation. Wah wah wah.

I'm glad he was on.

But I thought he said that at the time of the Russian investigation, Trump wasn't even one of the persons of interest at that time. Based on his response (assuming I'm remembering correctly), the FBI couldn't have held back information on Trump if it had not yet been. From that I'm assuming that intelligence regarding Trump's possible association wasn't identified until after the election. 

• Love 1
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

But that bias should not influence any decisions they make.  We have no way of knowing if Comey's did influence his.

No, it should not but I see it impossible to be totally neutral.   Comey did say he thought about that but then backtracked and said he didn't think about it.  

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

The FBI is supposed to be apolitical and their loyalty is to the constitution and not to their party.  It is okay to have a bias, but, it should not be a factor in your decisions.  Plus, Comey also forgot to say that there were anti-Hillary agents that were causing a ruckus and that also played a part in him disclosing the information about the re-opening of her investigation.

Again I say, of course that is what it should be but they are human, bias happens. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Comey told also Colbert that the book was vetted by the FBI and also said "if it isn't in the book, I can't talk about it".  

And at the table, he said if he knew anything that could give him any leaning on how he thinks the Daniels controversy would play out, he couldn't say it anyway. She can't be that busy that she can't do a 5 second google search.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, backformore said:

I wonder if her husband is a fan of Hoover. It wouldn't surprise me.

Hasn't Meghan said her husband helps her prepare for the show?  If he gave her the Hoover line she would be better off winging it.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

No, it should not but I see it impossible to be totally neutral.   Comey did say he thought about that but then backtracked and said he didn't think about it.  

Again I say, of course that is what it should be but they are human, bias happens. 

I think a professional should be able to put their bias aside and do their job..

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, backformore said:

It looks like Meggy took down her retweet of this.

It made me laugh. First, she retweets because it has her "confronting" Comey. Then, she read the comments and maybe felt like the idiot she is.  

She took that one down but in it's place is a different article: 

Nobody is going to forget that you compared Comey to Hoover you clueless twat. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11