Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2021 at 11:40 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I never liked The Incredibles ..... didn't get it at all

I didn't dislike The Incredibles, but I didn't think it was all that either.  There were some amusing bits, mostly early on, but it dragged.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I didn't dislike The Incredibles, but I didn't think it was all that either.  There were some amusing bits, mostly early on, but it dragged.

I like the Incredibles (alot) although it is not my favourite which is weird since I love super hero stuff. My unpopular Pixar opinion is that my favourite movie of theirs is Monsters Inc. and that is primarily because Goodman and Crystal have amazing chemistry as friends and it elevates that movie so much.

• Love 8

The Karate Kid (1984):

I don't think Daniel cheated at the tournament, and you know what? 

Who cares if he did?

Johnny got away with abuse and assault on a regular basis, you really think I'm going to wring my hands because Daniel-one of Johnny's victims- didn't play 100% fair?

Oh, horrors! Daniel was regularly bullied by Johnny and his goons, Cobra Kai suffered absolutely no consequences for it (indeed, their sensei encouraged this disgusting behavior) but Daniel broke some arbitrary rule at a stupid, insignificant local tournament that absolutely doesn't matter at all?! For shame!!!

Seriously, if anyone can make sense of the rules at that silly tournament, you're a better person than I.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

The Karate Kid (1984):

I don't think Daniel cheated at the tournament, and you know what? 

Who cares if he did?

Johnny got away with abuse and assault on a regular basis, you really think I'm going to wring my hands because Daniel-one of Johnny's victims- didn't play 100% fair?

Oh, horrors! Daniel was regularly bullied by Johnny and his goons, Cobra Kai suffered absolutely no consequences for it (indeed, their sensei encouraged this disgusting behavior) but Daniel broke some arbitrary rule at a stupid, insignificant local tournament that absolutely doesn't matter at all?! For shame!!!

Seriously, if anyone can make sense of the rules at that silly tournament, you're a better person than I.

I've seen this movie many times (although, not in several years) and this year was the first time I ever heard anything about the final kick being against the rules.  I'm assuming people are talking about the final kick--was it something else?   What always bothered me is that Johnny wasn't disqualified for bringing his elbow sharply down on Daniel's knee.  If people were upset about the "cheating", then why not be upset about that, too?

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I've seen this movie many times (although, not in several years) and this year was the first time I ever heard anything about the final kick being against the rules.  I'm assuming people are talking about the final kick--was it something else?   What always bothered me is that Johnny wasn't disqualified for bringing his elbow sharply down on Daniel's knee.  If people were upset about the "cheating", then why not be upset about that, too?

And for that matter, how come no one is upset that Johnny frequently harasses his ex-girlfriend Ali (who has made it crystal clear she wants nothing to do with him), destroys her property, and forces a kiss on her in public? Or that he brings a joint to a school dance?* Or that he and his goons pick fights with Daniel, who is smaller, weaker, less skilled, and outnumbered (which, to the best of my knowledge, is a textbook example of not fighting fair)? 

*Before anyone gets on my case, no, this isn't that big a deal, and I'm actually in favor of pot legalization, but I'm pretty sure bringing marijuana to school is verboten (and these are minors we're talking about), and I can split hairs as well as anyone else, so why the heck not?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

And for that matter, how come no one is upset that Johnny frequently harasses his ex-girlfriend Ali (who has made it crystal clear she wants nothing to do with him), destroys her property, and forces a kiss on her in public? Or that he brings a joint to a school dance?* Or that he and his goons pick fights with Daniel, who is smaller, weaker, less skilled, and outnumbered (which, to the best of my knowledge, is a textbook example of not fighting fair)? 

*Before anyone gets on my case, no, this isn't that big a deal, and I'm actually in favor of pot legalization, but I'm pretty sure bringing marijuana to school is verboten (and these are minors we're talking about), and I can split hairs as well as anyone else, so why the heck not?

Of course, it also needs to be mentioned that no one seemed to question why Kreese was SO involved in his pupils' personal lives to begin with. Why should he have cared about a pupil getting dumped by a onetime girlfriend- much less made it a personal mission for everyone in his dojo to target anyone who dared to help said girlfriend? And even when he had his pupils deliberately target a single much smaller, scrawnier kid at the tournament (a public event) no one wondered if there may have been  something far more sinister going on in that dojo than just Daniel getting beaten up.  And let's not forget that all his students' parents/guardians    paid to have his students trained by him    yet none of them seemed to consider whether they were getting their monies' worth considering what he was having their sons get involved in. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 5
On 1/27/2021 at 3:22 PM, Blergh said:

Of course, it also needs to be mentioned that no one seemed to question why Kreese was SO involved in his pupils' personal lives to begin with. Why should he have cared about a pupil getting dumped by a onetime girlfriend- much less made it a personal mission for everyone in his dojo to target anyone who dared to help said girlfriend? 

I'm guessing it's because Kreese once had a woman say "no" to him (without smiling, the bitch!), and he now assuages his tender male ego by grooming impressionable young douchebags to be just as horrible as he is.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
8 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I'm guessing it's because Kreese once had a woman say "no" to him (without smiling, the bitch!), and he now assuages his tender male ego by grooming impressionable young douchebags to be just as horrible as he is.

Actually, Cobra Kai didn't go with that old trope with him.  Nothing excuses his behavior but it wasn't a girl in this case. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

Actually, Cobra Kai didn't go with that old trope with him.  Nothing excuses his behavior but it wasn't a girl in this case. 

Regardless, AT MOST, Kreese should have  just told Johnny 'Too bad. There's plenty of other fish in the sea so move on!' and nothing more instead of his interfering and trying to destroy others' lives on a longterm scale to the extent  he did! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Okay, I know the Steve and Sharon kiss in Civil War was unpopular, but I really hate how people act like it was some big betrayal to Peggy because it happened after her funeral. Steve was not Peggy’s widower. Peggy got married and moved on with her life. He didn’t owe her any kind of fidelity. Before Endgame made it all weirder, all Steve and Peggy had was one kiss, they never even went on a real date. Steve was attracted to Sharon before he found out she was Peggy’s niece; it only would have been gross if Hayley Atwell had gotten her way and gotten to play Sharon, making it seem like Steve only wanted her because she looked like her aunt.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

it only would have been gross if Hayley Atwell had gotten her way and gotten to play Sharon, making it seem like Steve only wanted her because she looked like her aunt.

I hate when movies/shows go with the gimmick of someone falling for an exact replica of their "one true love". So glad they hired a different actress to play Sharon who is a different character than Peggy and not her twin. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’ll go further: I like Sharon and I hate that the Russos didn’t her a fair shot of developing her character. Here’s hoping she gets her due in Falcon and Winter Solduer.

Just as long as Sharon's due is not hooking up with Bucky.  If she is not going to be Steve's love interest, than I would prefer Sharon to be no one's.  She can be a competent woman kicking ass and taking names.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Just as long as Sharon's due is not hooking up with Bucky.  If she is not going to be Steve's love interest, than I would prefer Sharon to be no one's.  She can be a competent woman kicking ass and taking names.

Yeah I don’t think Bucky is any shape to be anyone’s love interest given all his baggage. I wouldn’t hate her with Sam, but I agree, just let her be part of the team without romance that’s fine.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Okay, I know the Steve and Sharon kiss in Civil War was unpopular, but I really hate how people act like it was some big betrayal to Peggy because it happened after her funeral. Steve was not PEGGY’s widower. Peggy got married and moved on with her life. He didn’t owe her any kind of fidelity. Before Endgame made it all weirder, all Steve and Peggy had was one kiss, they never even went on a real date. Steve was attracted to Sharon before he found out she was Peggy’s niece; it only would have been gross if Hayley Atwell had gotten her way and gotten to play Sharon, making it seem like Steve only wanted her because she looked like her aunt.

I didn't think it was a betrayal to Peggy. I just thought it was fucking weird. Actually, weird is being kind. Let's see... he was somewhat attracted to her in Winter Soldier and then found out she was an agent keeping tabs on him undercover which he was pretty salty about (especially given everything else going on with SHEILD at the time) and then the next time he sees her (presumably) is when he discovers she's Peggy's niece? Grand-niece? Great-niece? Whatever. And this is at Peggy's funeral. Then more shit goes down with the Bucky stuff and their escape and she brings him some intel and equipment and they kiss and then say it was overdue.

WHAT?!

And then... neither are ever mentioned again. Steve is suddenly deeply in love with Peggy who has become the love of his life and he goes back in time to be with her.

Sure. Okay.

FUCKING WEIRD.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

I didn't think it was a betrayal to Peggy. I just thought it was fucking weird. Actually, weird is being kind. Let's see... he was somewhat attracted to her in Winter Soldier and then found out she was an agent keeping tabs on him undercover which he was pretty salty about (especially given everything else going on with SHEILD at the time) and then the next time he sees her (presumably) is when he discovers she's Peggy's niece? Grand-niece? Great-niece? Whatever. And this is at Peggy's funeral. Then more shit goes down with the Bucky stuff and their escape and she brings him some intel and equipment and they kiss and then say it was overdue.

WHAT?!

And then... neither are ever mentioned again. Steve is suddenly deeply in love with Peggy who has become the love of his life and he goes back in time to be with her.

Sure. Okay.

FUCKING WEIRD.

Which is why I wish the Russos had taken more time to develop Sharon's character and have her be the lead female in WS like she was in the comics instead of giving the spotlight to fucking ScarJo who gets EVERYTHING. Then at least the stuff in CW wouldn't have been so rushed. And we could have avoided the Endgame shitshow completely.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Which is why I wish the Russos had taken more time to develop Sharon's character and have her be the lead female in WS like she was in the comics instead of giving the spotlight to fucking ScarJo who gets EVERYTHING. Then at least the stuff in CW wouldn't have been so rushed. And we could have avoided the Endgame shitshow completely.

I didn't mind Black Widow being in WS.  Her role as the "double agent" in CW works because of her already established friendships with both Tony and Steve.  We need to see her friendship with Steve and that happens in WS.  ScarJo is not my favorite actress, but I like the character of Black Widow except for 2 things--her "romance" with Bruce, and her death.  She is the glue that holds the found family that is the Avengers together. 

• Love 3

The annoying thing about Black Widow in The Winter Soldier is that she was only part of the comic book story due to her connection with the Winter Soldier (and even then she didn't appear until after his mental conditioning was broken, Steve had died and Bucky was trying to do right by his friend's memory), but that's the one element that was removed from the movie.

The Bucky/Natasha relationship is one of my favourite relationships in comics - that they'd known and loved one another when they were young and had little free will, but then slowly reconnected and rediscovered each other as older, wiser and truly independent people -  and I still feel g***** that they left a couple of ambiguous lines hinting at a possible history, but cut the rest of it in favour making Cap 3 all about Iron Man.

I don't know why the fuck Iron Man 3 couldn't have been pushed back and been the Civil War storyline instead. Does anyone give a shit about Extremis? Has it left any impact whatsoever on the MCU?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

The annoying thing about Black Widow in The Winter Soldier is that she was only part of the comic book story due to her connection with the Winter Soldier (and even then she didn't appear until after his mental conditioning was broken, Steve had died and Bucky was trying to do right by his friend's memory), but that's the one element that was removed from the movie.

The Bucky/Natasha relationship is one of my favourite relationships in comics - that they'd known and loved one another when they were young and had little free will, but then slowly reconnected and rediscovered each other as older, wiser and truly independent people -  and I still feel g***** that they left a couple of ambiguous lines hinting at a possible history, but cut the rest of it in favour making Cap 3 all about Iron Man.

I don't know why the fuck Iron Man 3 couldn't have been pushed back and been the Civil War storyline instead. Does anyone give a shit about Extremis? Has it left any impact whatsoever on the MCU?

Oh I would have loved for them to do the Bucky/Natasha relationship in the MCU, but that would have driven the Stucky stans apeshit.

And I agree, Civil War would have been a better Iron Man 3 storyline. Hell, why make Civil War a Captain America movie at all when it was so clearly an Avengers one?

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

I liked Iron Man 3, but now that you mention it, it does seem like it's own separate movie.  I'd love to have had them explore the Natasha/Bucky story line, too.  When I heard about the story in the comics, I wondered if they'd touch on it at some point since she said something like "You could at least remember me" during the fight scene in Civil War. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh I would have loved for them to do the Bucky/Natasha relationship in the MCU, but that would have driven the Stucky stans apeshit.

Right? This is a tangent but I don't get why any male/male friendship is automatically assumed to be secretly gay by portions of a fanbase. It's like the Batman fans who pretend Bruce and Dick Grayson are lovers (despite being surrogate father and son) - friendship apparently isn't worthy enough for a relationship to exist.

But if they'd established Natasha's history with the Winter Soldier and increased Sharon's screen time then it would have been more faithful to the comics, although tough to fit into the movie without sacrificing elsewhere.

Then Cap 3 could have been about the fall out of Civil War and had Steve, Sam and Sharon searching for Bucky while Nat is tasked by Tony with finding him first on behalf of the government.

11 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I liked Iron Man 3, but now that you mention it, it does seem like it's own separate movie.  I'd love to have had them explore the Natasha/Bucky story line, too.  When I heard about the story in the comics, I wondered if they'd touch on it at some point since she said something like "You could at least remember me" during the fight scene in Civil War. 

That line, in a teaser that was released early, got me on the hook so badly for Civil War, and I was so disappointed that there was nothing more than that.

I think Iron Man 3 is the MCU movie that I've watched the least (apart from Doctor Strange, which I've never seen) because it does feel utterly inconsequential. It doesn't build the MCU in any way, and nothing in it spins out to affect any other movie. I mean, that movie ends with Tony destroying all his suits and getting his arc reactor removed, but then he just has suits again and is back to being Iron Man the next time he appears.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

It provided the jumping off point for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, remember Perlmutter and its all connected was still the corporate goal. Deathlok was powered by an improved Extremis. And for the natural finale in season 5 it again showed up to save the world from a bigger tragedy than the snapture and blip.

• Love 1

Iron Man 3 is about Tony dealing with PTSD from the events of The Avengers. I don't see how they could have immediately gone to Civil War at that point. The big moment of course is Tony no longer needing the arc reactor for his heart.

UO: Looking back over the MCU movies the past 13 years I wouldn't change a thing. There have been highs and lows which is natural and for me the highs were amazing and the lows weren't so bad.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 4
On 1/30/2021 at 3:01 PM, VCRTracking said:

There have been highs and lows which is natural and for me the highs were amazing and the lows weren't so bad.

That's exactly what I've said over the years.  I'm in awe of how well they were able to keep this series of movies going.  I really hope the next phase is just as good. 

Another, unrelated, UO:  Palm Springs was just ok. 

• Love 2

My MCU UO's (aren't acronyms fun?):

I loathe Bucky with a blazing passion.

I don't give two shits about Agent Coulson and fail to see what makes him so special. 

"Having a point" doesn't make Killmonger any less of a villain.

I really liked Captain Marvel, warts and all. 

I hope Peter Quill and Gamora never, ever get together. 

Deadpool didn't impress me.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

THANK YOU!!!! I don’t hate him but I hate all the fan girls simping after him and acting like he’s some precious innocent. 

Bucky is like a recurring side effect from an old sport injury. You're minding your business, everything's fine, and then, "aw, shit, this again?!"

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Bucky is like a recurring side effect from an old sport injury. You're minding your business, everything's fine, and then, "aw, shit, this again?!"

Lol yup.

And I’ll do you one more about Kilmonger: for all his “points” he really didn’t give a shit about helping his race. He just wanted start a war and to kill anyone he could. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh, this thread hurts sometimes. lol!  As a Bucky fan, I've never considered him a poor innocent.  Yes, he wasn't in his right mind when he killed people, but he did kill people and that needed to be addressed.  He's one of my favorite characters because of the many layers to him and to his story--the complexity of his issues are interesting to me. 

Since today is ground hog day:  I saw the movie once when it came out and didn't care for it and remain astounded at how popular it still is.  Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind and should try watching it again. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

That's exactly what I've said over the years.  I'm in awe of how well they were able to keep this series of movies going.  I really hope the next phase is just as good. 

It really is impressive. I watched Civil War with my kids a couple of weekends ago, and that movie sets up the plotlines for like 5 other movies and is still a decent movie in its own right.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Oh, this thread hurts sometimes. lol!  As a Bucky fan, I've never considered him a poor innocent.  Yes, he wasn't in his right mind when he killed people, but he did kill people and that needed to be addressed.  He's one of my favorite characters because of the many layers to him and to his story--the complexity of his issues are interesting to me. 

Since today is ground hog day:  I saw the movie once when it came out and didn't care for it and remain astounded at how popular it still is.  Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind and should try watching it again. 

Fandom is gonna fandom. I, too, do not see Bucky as a precious innocent... but he sure as fuck got screwed over big time in life. Nor do I see Bucky as an unstoppable juggernaut of power that can easily beat Steve or whatever because... no. He's not and he couldn't. I think MCU Bucky is such a tabula rasa that a lot of feelings can be superimposed on him by how dreamy one finds Sebastian Stan. *shrug* However, I do get an ENORMOUS kick out of the idea that they are full on going with Sam's "I do what he does, only slower" in the precious little I've seen of 'Falcon & Winter Soldier.' The idea of Bucky being the planner guy and Steve being that hot-headed spitfire was only ever hinted at in the movies but I applaud Sam continuing the tradition of 'Steve, don't do the thing' 'I'M DOING THE THING!' while Bucky wishes he were back in Wakanda with his goats or something.

Let me get my jollies where I can.

My UO about Groundhog's Day? I couldn't get through it once and have given up trying.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I liked it well enough when it first came out. I don't regret watching it, but I also don't have any desire to watch it again. I don't get why it is an annual viewing, other than it is about a holiday. Then again, I don't get why anyone would watch A Christmas Story once, let alone every forking year.

15 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

I think MCU Bucky is such a tabula rasa that a lot of feelings can be superimposed on him by how dreamy one finds Sebastian Stan.

I used to find Sebastian Stan dreamy...then I met Bucky. Doused that flame real quick. 

• Love 4

Aww, more Bucky for me. Group hug with him and my two other favorites Nebula & Rocket! I guess I have a thing for characters who didn't ask to become what they have.

My OP is that Endgame ruined Steve as one of my favorite characters and I can't get over it. I'm also seriously pissed about this "blip" business. I've been thinking about typing up a good rant about it, but it's just so much work, lol. I like keeping it short and sweet.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, festivus said:

My OP is that Endgame ruined Steve as one of my favorite characters and I can't get over it

I don't think it's that unpopular. I feel the exact same way. Amazing how one shitty ending can ruin who I thought was the most perfect specimen of a man ever. Don't worry I still like Chris Evans.

• Love 6

I don't like The Lion King. I don't find any of the songs to be catchy, the characters are meh & the story is boring. I think Emperors New Groove is 100 times better than it. 

Gigi is a disgusting, misogynistic, pedo. dream. Just the song "Thank heaven for little Girls" is enough for me to say hell no. 

I loved the movie Widows & hate that it didn't get the attention it deserved. 

• Love 4

Lol yup.

And I’ll do you one more about Kilmonger: for all his “points” he really didn’t give a shit about helping his race. He just wanted start a war and to kill anyone he could. 

What do you mean? He cries a bit at the end of the film, so he was obviously a misunderstood sweetheart who just wanted to help people! Except for all the people he murdered in cold blood - including his own girlfriend - of course.

Another case of "the actor is hot so I think the character must be sympathetic."

16 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

He's one of my favourite characters in the Marvel comics and his entire storyline is some of the best stuff ever written in the genre. But the MCU version really is a missed opportunity, reduced to a macguffin for Steve to fret about.

This is why I hate that they stuck Civil War into Cap 3 and made Bucky a catalyst for Steve and Tony falling out. It completely removed any agency Bucky had, which is exactly what he should have been trying to get back, after being brainwashed for seventy years.

13 hours ago, Dandesun said:

I think MCU Bucky is such a tabula rasa that a lot of feelings can be superimposed on him by how dreamy one finds Sebastian Stan. *shrug* However, I do get an ENORMOUS kick out of the idea that they are full on going with Sam's "I do what he does, only slower" in the precious little I've seen of 'Falcon & Winter Soldier.' The idea of Bucky being the planner guy and Steve being that hot-headed spitfire was only ever hinted at in the movies but I applaud Sam continuing the tradition of 'Steve, don't do the thing' 'I'M DOING THE THING!' while Bucky wishes he were back in Wakanda with his goats or something.

Yeah, it often seems like a lot of MCU fans like Bucky simply because they like the actor who plays him, and will build their own image of who they think the character should be on top of the rather thin portrait that has been drawn in the movies, and particularly on top of what they think his and Steve's relationship should be.

I like the idea of Bucky being the tired, reluctant old veteran in Falcon & The Winter Soldier. He's still pretty fresh off recovering his memories and dealing with all the pain he caused in his years as a brainwashed assassin, and he's a man even more out of his time than Steve, given that he didn't have any careful reintroduction to the present day, complete with a handy list of thinks to learn about.

But I do hope that the show looks at the trauma of all that, and doesn't just play it for laughs. Unfortunately, none of Bucky's dozen or so lines in the last three movies he appeared in really got to delve into how he's processing everything he's been through.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I don't like The Lion King. I don't find any of the songs to be catchy, the characters are meh & the story is boring. I think Emperors New Groove is 100 times better than it. 

Gigi is a disgusting, misogynistic, pedo. dream. Just the song "Thank heaven for little Girls" is enough for me to say hell no. 

I loved the movie Widows & hate that it didn't get the attention it deserved. 

I like the Lion King. But definitely agree the Emperor's New Groove is 100 times better and funnier. So is the Road to El Dorado. 

• Love 3

For Edge of Seventeen. Nadine was a brat, I am not disputing that. I don't blame blame Krista for choosing Darian over Nadine when she gave that ultimatum. However, I thought Darian had a lot more malice and resentment towards Nadine that he was willing to admit to. He took too much glee for my liking when Nadine confronted him about hooking up with her friends and smirked that Krista was her only friend. I don't doubt Darian living up to being honor student, perfect son and star athlete was stressful for him. I fanwank that he was jealous of Nadine because she didn't have to any of the stuff Darian had to do but still miaintained a true friend in Krista, even if she was her only one Nadine had. On some level, I believe he wanted what Nadine had and loved that he managed to take that away from her. 

I didn't like The Matrix. The first time I tried watching, I wasn't yet into that genre (still not a favorite, but I have more interest now) and fell asleep.  The next time, after I'd learned to like some of those types of movies, I tried it again and gave up. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

I didn't like The Matrix. The first time I tried watching, I wasn't yet into that genre (still not a favorite, but I have more interest now) and fell asleep.  The next time, after I'd learned to like some of those types of movies, I tried it again and gave up. 

I think Dark City is more interesting. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Not to worry. I didn't fall asleep but. after that metal spine thing got pulled out of Neo's tummy, I wanted to amscray and  would have done so had not a friend insisted that I HAD to see the whole movie in the cinema (and not wait for it to come on TV )  so I counted the seconds until the closing credits from that point THEN was OUT of there- and never bothered with either of the sequels. Maybe I'm an old fogey but I've never 'learned to like' (nor seen the need to learn to like  movies I'd disliked)' those types of movies' (convoluted, depressing and weird flicks) but I have no regrets in not seeing it more than once. Moreover, in hindsight,  I wish I had  just bolted for the exit when the metal spine thing got pulled out or, better yet, had told my friend to MTOB and accept if not like that I had no real interest in seeing that movie regardless of their personal adoration of it. 

• Love 1

I have never seen the Matrix and never had any desire to see the Matrix and now have even less desire to see the Matrix. lol 

I've also never seen Pulp Fiction and have no desire to. I think Tarentino is extremely overrated. 

I did watch part of Silence of the Lambs but was bored. And found Hannibal more unintentionally silly than scary. 

I think I just don't like overhyped grim movies apparently. 

• Love 5

I think Almost Famous is an overrated snooze-fest, and Penny Lane is an uninteresting character.

I wish screenwriters would stop trying to make adaptations of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. It works better as a comedically bittersweet short story rather than a feature length film (no, I don't even like the 1940s one with Danny Kaye, sorry).

In my experience, directors' cuts aren't always better than the theatrical releases.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I think Almost Famous is an overrated snooze-fest, and Penny Lane is an uninteresting character.

I liked it the first time I watched it, didn't love it, but I didn't regret watching it but I tired watching it again a few years ago and you are right about snooze-fest. BORING and Penny Lane was...pretty, that's about it. I think the only reason I liked it to begin with was the music. 

• Love 2

Speaking of both director's cuts and less-than-interesting movies, Blade Runner bores the hell out of me.  It's gorgeous to look at, and I do love Vangelis' score, but it draaaaaags.

For that matter, no matter how good-looking Ridley Scott's visuals, the fact he cares so little about the actors just means that when he makes a good movie, it's by accident.

• Love 4
On 2/21/2021 at 3:28 AM, Wiendish Fitch said:

Thank you. I remain perplexed about this movie's qualities, but I know I hold a definitely unpopular opinion. 

• Love 5