Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Carly and Nelle become much closer as people

Okay, it's late and I'm not quite awake.  What do they mean "as people"?  As opposed to Carly and Nelle become much closer as goats?

• Love 12

Liz is the recipient of a strange package;

Probably the creepy Jake book again, with a little note. "You seem to have completely forgotten about this. Please give it due attention. I went to a lot of trouble, you know. Love, Helena." Postmark: Beyond the Grave.  

• Love 14
On 8/18/2016 at 2:56 PM, OnceSane said:

Whenever I see "celeb dirty laundry", I immediately assume whatever they have said is a lie.  Because it usually is…or at least wildly exaggerated to seem positive for their faves and horrible for the characters they dislike.

13 hours ago, ulkis said:

@tvgoddess the stuff about Andre being the killer is rumor but Jordan on Friday was musing about how the evidence looks familiar makes me think it might be true. 

Yeah, I have read through this thread now at least, and I'm sorry but I will never trust CDL. I'd sooner trust spoilers from my dead grandmother or my non-existent cat.

And convenient that Sonny should be excused since Ava is a woman, I guess. Because last time I checked, no one was holding a gun to Sonny's head forcing him to kill AJ. Whatever. I don't care if everyone hates her, I still love her and I want her around until Maura no longer wants to be there. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Does Andre have a split personality (I know RC isn't here, but they could still do it), or just enjoying fucking (literally and figuratively) with Jordan?

I didn't fully watch their scenes today but yea I could see split personality. Which lol.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, TeeVee329 said:

A Rebecca Budig/Naomi scene from next week:

"But I was his wife!"  Give me a break, Rebecca Budig. 

And Naomi?  Learn the art of subtlety.

There's a Naomi on the show now?

Man, this cast has gotten bloated again.

The only place more populated than PC is the barge.

29 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Does Andre have a split personality (I know RC isn't here, but they could still do it), or just enjoying fucking (literally and figuratively) with Jordan?

It wasn't a split personality. It was a dark side.

~ Luke Spencer

(best heard in Ross Gellar's "We were on a break!" voice)

• Love 8

Postmark: In your house.

Bwahaha. The horror movie tropes with Franco "romancing" Liz are comedy gold to me, whether unintentional or otherwise. We've had "stuck in an elevator" and "rising up from the back seat of the car"; I kind of wish they'd continue through the whole inventory. Have him pop out from behind the shower curtain. Or she goes to investigate a noise outside in the middle of the night, and is startled, but it's just a cat. She sighs in relief...and then Franco clamps a hand over her mouth from behind: "We need to talk about Jake." For the Halloween episode, she comes home and the power is out in her house, and she screams at the sight of a man in a hockey mask, overalls, and a knife. Then Franco flips up the hockey mask, "Pretty cool, huh? It's for the Halloween party at the hospital! I got a costume for you too, see? We're gonna make it look like your throat has been cut. What? It's just makeup!" 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

And convenient that Sonny should be excused since Ava is a woman, I guess. Because last time I checked, no one was holding a gun to Sonny's head forcing him to kill AJ. Whatever. I don't care if everyone hates her, I still love her and I want her around until Maura no longer wants to be there. 

Sonny grabbed the gun. Sonny put his hand on the trigger.  Sonny pulled the trigger.  Sonny shot AJ.  

Ava didnt shoot AJ.  Spenthaw didnt shoot AJ. Casey the Alien didnt shoot AJ.  Sonny shot AJ.  

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

New promo: 

So so SOOOO sick of Rebecca Budig and Liz fighting.

I assume that's Robert Laura's opening the door to.

Can anyone tell who's been pushed down the stairs?

A woman slapping a woman. How so very ... ridiculous and unnecessary. And insulting. 

It's 2016.  Can't we be done with that tired old trope?

Reason No. 106,534 why the remaining daytime soaps should just be put out of their misery, since they can't adapt to modern times and sensibilities. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

I wonder if Liz will hit her head, scoot and crawl around on the floor for the better part of a week, and hallucinate Franco giving her advice. "Sam in the basement" is probably long enough ago that they can try to get away with it again.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Tiger said:

Sonny grabbed the gun. Sonny put his hand on the trigger.  Sonny pulled the trigger.  Sonny shot AJ.  

Ava didnt shoot AJ.  Spenthaw didnt shoot AJ. Casey the Alien didnt shoot AJ.  Sonny shot AJ.  

Ava intended for AJ to take the fall for murdering Kate/Connie and she did everything she could to make sure that he would die for it instead of her. Sonny pulled the trigger but that doesn't absolve Ava

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

How can Liz fall down the stairs?  She isn't even pregnant.  

This is a plot point to get her and Freako together. He'll come rescue her and she'll decide she's in love with him (until Nik starts sniffing around her again and/or Rick Hearst is given a contract and Ric starts sniffing around her again).

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

This is a plot point to get her and Freako together. He'll come rescue her and she'll decide she's in love with him (until Nik starts sniffing around her again and/or Rick Hearst is given a contract and Ric starts sniffing around her again).

It's an indication of my loathing for Franco that Nik/Liz seems like a better option. Plus, if she married Nik and gave him a legit heir, Spencer would be displaced and I would lol forever

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It's an indication of my loathing for Franco that Nik/Liz seems like a better option. Plus, if she married Nik and gave him a legit heir, Spencer would be displaced and I would lol forever

Nik and Liez might as well get together. At this point they're both garbage so why not. 

• Love 3

Not sure where to ask this, but years ago didn't Kevin have either an evil twin (or brother) or some sort of ailment that caused him to have an evil alter ego?   My memory is pretty fuzzy on that, but was Kevin back when the hospital killings started?

7 minutes ago, texastornado said:

Not sure where to ask this, but years ago didn't Kevin have either an evil twin (or brother) or some sort of ailment that caused him to have an evil alter ego?   My memory is pretty fuzzy on that, but was Kevin back when the hospital killings started?

He had both.Ryan Chamberlin. He found out why his brother was so fucked up (their mother was sexually abusing him) and I believe he couldn't cope with surviving so he had a mental down. But he was always Kevin, but Kevin with a break from reality.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

He had both.Ryan Chamberlin. He found out why his brother was so fucked up (their mother was sexually abusing him) and I believe he couldn't cope with surviving so he had a mental down. But he was always Kevin, but Kevin with a break from reality.

I know mothers have done that shit to daughters, but they can do that to sons, too?

So according to SID, Lulu and Dante's ***** isn't viable, and Lulu is the one who brings up the Stavros e****. I guess I'm hanging on to pre Ron Lulu characterization too hard, but I don't buy that she would be so desperate to have another kid that she would seek out that *****. Maybe if she didn't already have Rocco, but she does. Play with him! 

Used astericks cause I hate that word now lol.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

So according to SID, Lulu and Dante's ***** isn't viable, and Lulu is the one who brings up the Stavros e****. I guess I'm hanging on to pre Ron Lulu characterization too hard, but I don't buy that she would be so desperate to have another kid that she would seek out that *****. Maybe if she didn't already have Rocco, but she does. Play with him! 

I'm sorry, what? She brings up the Stavros embryo as in...she's so desperate now that she wants to find it and use it? Who let Ron in the building? 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm sorry, what? She brings up the Stavros embryo as in...she's so desperate now that she wants to find it and use it? Who let Ron in the building? 

This was the summary the poster wrote:

They find out the egg is not viable. And Lulu mentions the Stavros egg but Dante thinks it blew up. And Olivia has a vision of a little girl All in the recap.

So yeah that's my impression, but maybe it's wrong. But if it's not, a) what the hell, and b) where's the conflict then if she wants the kid, unless it turns out the kid is redrum 2.0. Or that Dante is angry at her for wanting the kid, which, just smh head if that were to be the case. If that happens just re-name the character something else so it can be official, it's another character.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They find out the egg is not viable. And Lulu mentions the Stavros egg but Dante thinks it blew up. And Olivia has a vision of a little girl All in the recap.

So yeah that's my impression, but maybe it's wrong. But if it's not, a) what the hell, and b) where's the conflict then if she wants the kid, unless it turns out the kid is redrum 2.0. Or that Dante is angry at her for wanting the kid, which, just smh head if that were to be the case. If that happens just re-name the character something else so it can be official, it's another character.

Olivia's back with her visions, too? Make it stop. This all sounds asinine. Also I've never seen a program so obsessed with babies in order to NEVER SHOW THEM once they arrive.  Where in the world is Rocco?

• Love 7
Just now, HeatLifer said:

Olivia's back with her visions, too? Make it stop. This all sounds asinine. Also I've never seen a program so obsessed with babies in order to NEVER SHOW THEM once they arrive.  Where in the world is Rocco?

With his pointless uncle, in the place where lost socks go when you put them in the dryer?

A better storyline would have been killing off pointless uncle and Olivia and having Dante spiral out of control or something.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

With his pointless uncle, in the place where lost socks go when you put them in the dryer?

A better storyline would have been killing off pointless uncle and Olivia and having Dante spiral out of control or something.

Yeah, they should have Olivia go missing or be in a coma or possibly die or something. They clearly don't want to give her an actual story or screen time anyway, so at least Dom could get material outside of babies and cheating storylines that have no repercussions.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What. HOW CAN SHE BE ANYTHING BUT DISGUSTED BY THE EXISTENCE OF SUCH A THING. No sane person wants a baby that badly. It would be less crazy to buy a kid on the black market. NOT THAT I AM ADVOCATING FOR THAT.

On a less head-explody note, is Nicolas Bechtel out? This recent boarding school talk smells like a SORAS to me.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

What. HOW CAN SHE BE ANYTHING BUT DISGUSTED BY THE EXISTENCE OF SUCH A THING. No sane person wants a baby that badly. It would be less crazy to buy a kid on the black market. NOT THAT I AM ADVOCATING FOR THAT.

On a less head-explody note, is Nicolas Bechtel out? This recent boarding school talk smells like a SORAS to me.

Don't think so, but he's better getting jobs so I think they just want someplace to say Spencer is at for long periods of time. I'd be VERY surprised if they actually SORASed him any time soon. Valentini clearly favors NB.

55 minutes ago, ulkis said:

With his pointless uncle

So much word. Leo should never have been conceived. I was okay with the Olivia-Julian hate sex, but once she got pregnant and obnoxiously self-righteous toward Julian, I was out. Both your baby daddies are mob men, Liv, so spare me the indignation.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Don't think so, but he's better getting jobs so I think they just want someplace to say Spencer is at for long periods of time. I'd be VERY surprised if they actually SORASed him any time soon. Valentini clearly favors NB.

I was going to say, Frank loves NB. Also, with the school year starting, it necessarily limits his available time. With no Nik onscreen, I'm fine with no Spencer onscreen. I'm always fine with no Spencer onscreen, but now especially.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Thanks, guys. That makes more sense, I know Uncle Frank loves that kid. I just wondered, with his Disney show and whatever else, if Team Bechtel might have decided it was time to leave.

That's definitely possible too, but I imagine Frank will wait a little while before he decides he really can't get NB back.

If Frank could I think he'd give NB a contract. He's his new Kristen Alderson, who Frank also watched grow up on OLTL.

I'd SORAS him since Bechtel is not long for the show, but FV wants what FV wants. Could he do it soon in order to hire a hot new twink, maybe. But I doubt it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Literally the only justification for Lulu wanting that thing would be if Nina as the adoptive parent was the alternative 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Literally the only justification for Lulu wanting that thing would be if Nina as the adoptive parent was the alternative 

Or, as fitting for this rip-off, have Rocco get sick and the stavlu ***** is the only chance to get whatever donor thingy they needed.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is there some kind of "who can come up with the most appalling story line" contest going on in the writers' room? 

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

You have no idea how long it took me to figure out which uncle is the pointless one.  (But, isn't the answer really "all of them except Lucky"?) 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Is there some kind of "who can come up with the most appalling story line" contest going on in the writers' room? 

You have no idea how long it took me to figure out which uncle is the pointless one.  (But, isn't the answer really "all of them except Lucky"?) 

Well Ethan is tough competition for that category.

But the others have points:

But Morgan is the dumb one.

Michael is the confused one.

Nikolas is the horny one.

etc etc

• Love 5
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

If Frank could I think he'd give NB a contract. He's his new Kristen Alderson, who Frank also watched grow up on OLTL.

I'd SORAS him since Bechtel is not long for the show, but FV wants what FV wants. Could he do it soon in order to hire a hot new twink, maybe. But I doubt it.

You want a twink to show up show you can say "twink titties" again.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

You want a twink to show up show you can say "twink titties" again.

What's your point

Re: Lulu and the Unspeakable One, I assume Passanante will do what she always does and introduce yet another insta-kid just like what Nelle appears to be for Carly. They were running rampant and often popping up very abruptly on her other soaps, and it's an easy crutch. I still expect the Stavlu spawn to turn up as a little kid for Lulu and Dante to raise so they can continue being nothing but boring married people who are improbably interested in settling down with a bunch of children and who the writers care nothing about.

Speaking of the usual Passanante bag of tricks, though, it just makes me incredibly annoyed that they couldn't invest in using Chloe Lanier or other talented performers - even Budig - for people like Sarah Webber or Serena Baldwin, who could open up the canvas, as opposed to following their egos or the lazy routes possible with another instant child for the usual airhogs. They don't care about featuring anyone other than the same old people, certainly not about featuring Lucy, so Lanier's character is another story for Carly, Sonny and the Corinthos family that doesn't take them anywhere particularly new (and I have no problem featuring Carly, but I think it's the wrong story). They don't really care about Liz or the Webbers, so instead of evolving something with the problem character of Sarah Budig has a whole new role who is artificially shackled to the Webbers for the sole purpose of giving her roots and material, where everyone else in the family is incidental to that and to her family of newbies and invisible people we've never met.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7