Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

They are likely going to have to accept that ratings will stay low.  The quality of the show isn't good enough to bring in new viewers and ABC isnt going to try real hard to advertise for it.  

And there are big chunks of the audience that will not give this show another chance.  The die hard Anna /Duke fans are never coming back.  The die hard AJ fans are not going to forgive.  The Scrubs fans are grateful for a happy ending but probably still mad.  The Liz fans are probably giving up if they haven't already.   With cast changes and bad stories, some fans of Jason /Sam and Dante /Lulu have likely lost interest.  The Luke stuff caused permanent damage.  

They've pissed off a lot of fan bases.  

• Love 11

It definitely does not have to be that low though. Ratings got a little better when Ron was cut, but then FV has doubled down on his characters again and back down the ratings have gone.

• Love 4

I think they were hoping that a summer of Franco/Liz with Nina inexplicably inserted into every story would be more popular than summer of Franco/WENEVERCARED

Plus, FV is running this show like it doesn't have a future. There's a ton of babies but no teens and their twenties set is basically a wasteland. Most of his additions to the cast are actors in their late 30s/40s/50s and there doesn't seem to be any interest in developing a next generation

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 6:50 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Paul is the killer?  DA Paul Hornsby?  Why?  I'm guessing because they now are resolving stories by putting headshots on a dartboard and randomly throwing darts at them.  Sorry, Richard.

Are you not watching either? :) Yeah when I saw the comments about Paul I was like, WUT? Why can't it  be Jason or Sonny?  They are murderers, too. Oh, wait. I FERGOTT. They kill for good reasons.

I see random comments that the show is getting better, etc when I bother to lurk on boards, but I think I'm just past the point of caring enough to bother to watch. I think I might tune in for JE's scenes if she gets them, upon learning about Paul. But otherwise, nope. It'll be all about Jason or Sonny or someone else I don't care about, and I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime.

They've pissed off a lot of fan bases.  

That's just it, though. I'm not mad. Just tired and bored, and the show-the last time I bothered, what-two months ago-wasn't giving me a reason NOT to be those things.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Plus, FV is running this show like it doesn't have a future. There's a ton of babies but no teens and their twenties set is basically a wasteland. Most of his additions to the cast are actors in their late 30s/40s/50s and there doesn't seem to be any interest in developing a next generation

All of this, particularly the twentysomethings.  Like I said yesterday, they should be driving story, but they're mostly there to prop their parents.  Morgan/Kiki is now mostly an Ava story.  Michael and Sabrina are zzzzz.  Kristina's triangle with two recurring players was mostly off-screen and now seems to be over.  Molly's entire life with TJ is off-screen.  And they're padding it with one-notes like Darby or WhatHisName or people like Dillon and CarrrrrrJoe who shouldn't really be part of that age group.  This group needs some fire and sizzle. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SlovakPrincess said:

They are likely going to have to accept that ratings will stay low.

Yeah, I kinda expect it to stay in the same general range, regardless.

I don't even watch the show the way I used to. I comment on things and laugh at certain stories and characters (that aren't supposed to be funny), but I know it will never change or be anything resembling the show I used to love. I'm just happy my fave character is happily off-screen after years of torture. I don't need anything else. Except I wish my other faves could be off-screen, too. Heh.

• Love 3

If we could crowd fund a venture by which FH gets a better job far, far away from this mess, my fave could also be safely off the show ... LOL

As it is, it appears she will be languishing in the endless I Am Sad About Duke And Losing My Mind Over It story forever.  (Which, it bears repeating, was done far better and more efficiently back in, like, '89.)

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Sabrina shouldn't be in that group either maybe in the Mayo/NuLu/Maxie/Tree/Tess group

Speaking of, I thought Griffin/Clautess/Maxie/Nathan were supposed to be their hot quad of the summer/fall? Instead they've been on about once a week, if that.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

All of this, particularly the twentysomethings.  Like I said yesterday, they should be driving story, but they're mostly there to prop their parents.  Morgan/Kiki is now mostly an Ava story.  Michael and Sabrina are zzzzz.  Kristina's triangle with two recurring players was mostly off-screen and now seems to be over.  Molly's entire life with TJ is off-screen.  And they're padding it with one-notes like Darby or WhatHisName or people like Dillon and CarrrrrrJoe who shouldn't really be part of that age group.  This group needs some fire and sizzle. 

I think Kiki's death would give that age group a lot of fire and sizzle.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Are you not watching either? :) Yeah when I saw the comments about Paul I was like, WUT? Why can't it  be Jason or Sonny?  They are murderers, too. Oh, wait. I FERGOTT. They kill for good reasons.

I see random comments that the show is getting better, etc when I bother to lurk on boards, but I think I'm just past the point of caring enough to bother to watch. I think I might tune in for JE's scenes if she gets them, upon learning about Paul. But otherwise, nope. It'll be all about Jason or Sonny or someone else I don't care about, and I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime.

That's just it, though. I'm not mad. Just tired and bored, and the show-the last time I bothered, what-two months ago-wasn't giving me a reason NOT to be those things.

I um tried, but decided to watch anime instead.  It was more realistic with better sets and dialogue. 

28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

http://soapcentral.com/gh/content/scoop/spoilers/2016/160905.php

Morgan exhibits alarming behavior 

As Morgan would say . . . "'Kay." THIS IS WHO MORGAN IS.  Why is this a spoiler?!

Legit the best spoilers I have ever seen.  I really think someone pulled these out of their ass.  "Franco helps a friend." Lol  because Franco has friends.  "Duke is remembered."  Yes, please.  I was so worried they'd forget about Duke Lavery and he'd never get the justice he so richly deserves. 

• Love 2

Oh geez, Lulu, your mom just dumped him, it's not cool to spill your baby rabies all over him.  And it's rude to talk about children when the show won't let him acknowledge Christina.

Kevin has a daughter named Christina? Is she Lucy's? Why do I not know about this? (Honestly, I didn't know Kevin and Lucy had a kid. What age group does she fall into?)

Maybe she isn't on because The Show thinks we are too dumb that we'll get her confused with Kristina, spawn-of-Alexis-and-Sonny.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Kevin has a daughter named Christina? Is she Lucy's? Why do I not know about this? (Honestly, I didn't know Kevin and Lucy had a kid. What age group does she fall into?)

Maybe she isn't on because The Show thinks we are too dumb that we'll get her confused with Kristina, spawn-of-Alexis-and-Sonny.

Christina Baldwin is Lucy and Scotty's adopted daughter (her bio parents were Port Charles characters Frank Scanlon and...Julie, I think? The crazy girl with the curly hair) and Kevin, her stepfather, has been another parent to her. Probably the most stable one in her life. As for age group, given SORAS, that's hard to say. She was born around 1999-2000. Lynn Herring gave an interview referencing a "college-aged daughter" which I assume must be Christina.

Edited by Melgaypet
Oops. Forgot what thread I was in.
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Christina Baldwin is Lucy and Scotty's adopted daughter (her bio parents were Port Charles characters Frank Scanlon and...Julie, I think? The crazy girl with the curly hair) and Kevin, her stepfather, has been another parent to her. Probably the most stable one in her life. As for age group, given SORAS, that's hard to say. She was born around 1999-2000. Lynn Herring gave an interview referencing a "college-aged daughter" which I assume must be Christina.

Aaaand my phone is going to be wonky.

Any hoo,  Christina is a Baldwin via adoption. Scott was granted the adoption as a single parent. Which lead to a Lucy freaking out storyline. Eventually Scott got the papers approved for Lucy to also adopt Christina. Christina's biological parents on PC were Frank Scanlon and Dr. Julie Devlin. Julie was nuts and Frank didn't know about her pregnancy. Julie named Christina after Dr. Chris Ramsey. Julie ended up kidnapping baby/toddler Christina after Scott and Lucy adopted her. Scott and Lucy divorced. Julie ended up with some terminal disease and wanted Lucy to raise Christina. So she gave her back. And since Scott and sometimes, Serena, were out of town, Christina spent a lot of time with Lucy and Kevin. And I choose to ignore Lucy the vampire hunter falling for that AssHat!Ian. I fucking hated Ian. That part of PC times we can drop.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, stlbf said:

Aaaand my phone is going to be wonky.

Any hoo,  Christina is a Baldwin via adoption. Scott was granted the adoption as a single parent. Which lead to a Lucy freaking out storyline. Eventually Scott got the papers approved for Lucy to also adopt Christina. Christina's biological parents on PC were Frank Scanlon and Dr. Julie Devlin. Julie was nuts and Frank didn't know about her pregnancy. Julie named Christina after Dr. Chris Ramsey. Julie ended up kidnapping baby/toddler Christina after Scott and Lucy adopted her. Scott and Lucy divorced. Julie ended up with some terminal disease and wanted Lucy to raise Christina. So she gave her back. And since Scott and sometimes, Serena, were out of town, Christina spent a lot of time with Lucy and Kevin. And I choose to ignore Lucy the vampire hunter falling for that AssHat!Ian. I fucking hated Ian. That part of PC times we can drop.

Yeah and here is another shocker.....Karen and Serena knew her too.   PC was great, mainly because Sonny and Jason didn't exist there.  

• Love 5

Well, they didn't visit the PC side of Port Chuckles that often. Scott and Karen had a run in time to time with Scummy.  I'm still believing that Scott has all of his girls (Karen is ALIVE!) in Paris/somewhere in europe. Which is why Serena and Christina stay away. To kept the wackos away from his daughters. Including his serial killer son. Franco hasn't earned the right to even know about his sisters. 

• Love 1

I think I'm over wanting Serena or Christina until FV is gone - the story would be all about Franco.

So far, this Liz story is all about Franco/Hayden and I have no doubt that the fuckin SERIAL KILLER would be more important in a Christina/Serena story than Lucy or Kevin

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Half the time Scotty acts like he doesn't even like Franco that much last time he dealt with him he went and got drunk afterwards so I could see him not wanting him around Serena.

Serena is above Franco.  She'd be, in my head, excellent for Michael though.  

• Love 1
On 8/30/2016 at 4:14 PM, jsbt said:

Speaking of Cassadine Island, did they ever explain Jake's drawings about it? Or what Helena left Laura? Or Lulu? Or anything?

And did we ever find out who was following Sam and Jason around, spying on them in that barn, etc?

• Love 2

And did we ever find out who was following Sam and Jason around, spying on them in that barn, etc?

Wasn't it Valentin?  As a Liz fan, am still waiting for Helena's curse on Sam.  It seems like the curse boomeranged and ended up on poor Liz. 

• Love 3
On 8/27/2016 at 10:21 AM, LeftPhalange said:

Those spoilers are extremely exciting and I can't wait to watch. #FallInLoveWithGH

#FallinInLoveWithASerielKiller+PhyllisFromY&R

ETA: at some point last year my ABC affiliate dumped View, Chew, and GH to its sister station.  I just saw promos for the affiliate and its sister's new fall schedules starting tomorrow and all three arent on either.  

Looking at the websites, it looks like theyve dumped all three into the sister stations late night like the NBC affiliate did with Days a while back.

Interestingly, my market doesnt have huge black population, but the entire daytime lineup now consists of black-fronted talk shows and game shows.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Tiger said:

ETA: at some point last year my ABC affiliate dumped View, Chew, and GH to its sister station.  I just saw promos for the affiliate and its sister's new fall schedules starting tomorrow and all three arent on either.  

Looking at the websites, it looks like theyve dumped all three into the sister stations late night like the NBC affiliate did with Days a while back.

Taking my reply to the GH In The News thread.

someone typed up spoilers from SID

9-14 carly and Michael butt heads
9-16 carly gets advice from Nelle
9-19 Carly reveals news that catches peeps off guard, while Nelle is a sympathetic shoulder for a friend in need
9-20 Carly begs Sonny to do something important
9-22 Sonny worries about Morgan while carly and Michael fight again.

9-12 Ava in powerful position
9-13 Kiki asks someone for advice
9-14 finn promises to help out a friend
9-19 Maxie looks into Claudette's past
9-20 Nathan gets shocking news
9-22 Claudette pulls a fast one. Who will be the victim? 

9-13 cops work with Andre to piece together who the killer is.
9-15 Julian's trial starts
9-16 Alexis has a hard time with everything happening
9-20 Julian awaits the verdict
9-23 emotions run high, tensions erupt, tears shed

12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am mildly curious what Michael and Carly are fighting/at odds about.  What could possibly be worse than covering for his father's murderer?

Seriously. He forgave her and Sonny for that in weeks, gave them back Avery and everything is totes cool between them now. I don't know how Michael can even look at Monica.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, ulkis said:

9-20 Carly begs Sonny to do something important

Hee.

20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am mildly curious what Michael and Carly are fighting/at odds about.  What could possibly be worse than covering for his father's murderer?

Dating Sabs, of course. She's evil incarnate with a baby, don'tcha know.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I read on Twitter that the fall preview says something about Sonny facing temptation related to Nelle. 

Poor Chloe Lanier.

Ahahahaha. I was sure they wouldn't even let Sonny feel tempted. If he feels tempted, that's good enough for me.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

someone typed up spoilers from SID

9-19 Carly reveals news that catches peeps off guard, while Nelle is a sympathetic shoulder for a friend in need

Please tell me SID didn't actually use the word 'peeps.'

39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I read on Twitter that the fall preview says something about Sonny facing temptation related to Nelle. 

Poor Chloe Lanier.

Shudder.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well, let me think of the previous reasons for why Michael has yelled at Carly:

- for not telling him that she thought MAYBE Jax was alive

- for maybe dating Shawn

- for dating Franco*

- for dating Alcazar

All those are worse!

*this one seriously might be.

7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Please tell me SID didn't actually use the word 'peeps.'

Genuinely don't know, it was a summary. But it's SID, so it's very possible.

• Love 4

This week's promo: 

...isn't this exactly how it came out about Greenlee and Jack on "All My Children"?  Jack was injured, Greenlee was the only one with the super rare blood type etc.  Can we at least not trot out the tropes the exact same way with the same actress?

And gawd, ten bucks we get Franco whining about Rebecca Budig blackmailing him, that he can't be honest with Liz, blah blah BLAH.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4