Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Well yeah, it's character written in service of plot instead of a plot/story that naturally results from character and circumstances - RC did that to every single character.

It could be worse, he could be Nik or Liz

• Love 3

Well yeah, it's character written in service of plot instead of a plot/story that naturally results from character and circumstances - RC did that to every single character.

It could be worse, he could be Nik or Liz

Yeeeess and no. I think it could be worse in that he hasn't done anything that paints him in a corner as a character (well, probably Heatlifer doesn't agree with that one but in general) but at the same time I feel like there is nothing left of his personality, they can't even reference his history properly because of this Robin situation. 

• Love 5

quote from Rebecca Budig (Hayden overhears Laura and Nikolas talking and she finds out Nikolas had her shot)

ADding to the intrigue is the sexual heat that's been building between the duo. "She likes him and she's definitely still attracted to him," RB nods. "So, I think there's going to be a struggle there. How do you plot against someone you're attracted to?"

"Oh no, that person I'm mildly attracted to! How can I plot against him!"

Do the actors really say these things or do the mags just permission to type whatever crap?

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 5

quote from Rebecca Budig (Hayden overhears Laura and Nikolas talking and she finds out Nikolas had her shot)

ADding to the intrigue is the sexual heat that's been building between the duo. "She likes him and she's definitely still attracted to him," RB nods. "So, I think there's going to be a struggle there. How do you plot against someone you're attracted to?"

"Oh no, that person I'm mildly attracted to! How can I plot against him!"

Do the actors really say these things or do the mags just permission to type whatever crap?

She should spend some time with Carly.  They can bond over loving men that shot them in the head/had them shot in the head.

• Love 3

Probably. But until the "JT stays!" announcement, I'll continue to be in denial and pray JT gets some balls and says peace out!

*shrug* I dunno what "having balls" has to do with it.  I don't begrudge him a steady paycheck if that's what he wants.

• Love 8
And just who does Maura West think would make a good love interest for Ava? Believe it or not – Franco! “I love Ava and Franco together. There’s this “Are you gonna punch me or kiss me? [dynamic] between them that fascinates me!” says Maura in a recent interview with ABC Soaps In Depth – October 18 through October 23

Stop that right now Maura.

http://www.soapoperaspy.com/2015/general-hospital-gh-interview-maura-west-says-ava-deserves-a-love-of-her-own-wants-franco/

• Love 5

*shrug* I dunno what "having balls" has to do with it. I don't begrudge him a steady paycheck if that's what he wants.

I think she just means that JT is talented and should set his sights on opportunities better than GH. He should cut the cord, etc.

And, to be real, if he's just there for a paycheck, what's he complaining about? He and KeMo were the ones who marched up to Ronnie's office and wanted to be paired together after Steve left. They got what they wanted. The writers want Patrick to just be all about Sam. So he should deal with it. Not trying to sound harsh about JT, but he always wants to "have his cake and eat it too."

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

And, to be real, if he's just there for a paycheck, what's he complaining about? He and KeMo were the ones who marched up to Ronnie's office and wanted to be paired together after Steve left. They got what they wanted. The writers want Patrick to just be all about Sam. So he should deal with it. Not trying to sound harsh about JT, but he always wants to "have his cake and eat it too."

+1 tbh. I'm so over JT. He seems like an arrogant prick to me.

• Love 1

+1 tbh. I'm so over JT. He seems like an arrogant prick to me.

I think he seems like a cool guy, but he does seem to play the "maaaybe I've leaviing or maaaybe not" game a bit. 

• Love 3

I think he seems like a cool guy, but he does seem to play the "maaaybe I've leaviing or maaaybe not" game a bit.

It's the game every time his story isn't to his liking. Like. Dude. Patrick ain't going to therapy.

• Love 2

I think it's a general actor thing than a JT thing, though. How many times did we see the same with MB or SBu?

• Love 4

I think it's a general actor thing than a JT thing, though. How many times did we see the same with MB or SBu?

That's why I said "a bit" and not "a lot". :) I don't think all the actors do it. I don't recall it ever coming from KeMo or Becky but maybe I just didn't pay attention.

That's why I said "a bit" and not "a lot". :) I don't think all the actors do it. I don't recall it ever coming from KeMo or Becky but maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Wasn't KeMo's "maybe I'm staying, maybe I'm not" the reason we got the Sam/Ric, Liz/Jason hookups and all the ensuing fuckery? 

• Love 3

Wasn't KeMo's "maybe I'm staying, maybe I'm not" the reason we got the Sam/Ric, Liz/Jason hookups and all the ensuing fuckery? 

I think so. The "I'll kill you myself!" from Jason definitely did. But I don't ever recall her herself speaking about "well maybe I will go I'm not sure". But like I said, I didn't pay much attention to what she was saying at the time.

KeMo basically straight up said she fought her battles through Steve.

So um basically MW is sick of Sonny too. (Damn it, I can't quit you, Maura!)

And the spoilers translate to this to me:

Felix pops up to magically listen to Sabrina confess she's pregnant for the Antichrist.

Laura still says nothing about Jason because Reasons!

Liz makes crazy eyes, Nik lies, Hayden knows nothing, Jake is called Jake Doe and these people are cool with it.

Tracy dares question SLS about his lack of brains, therefore hissys shall be had.

Kiki is coming. Oh wee!

Nathan misunderstands something, so I guess he reads a book.

Mob, mob, mob, mob. Mob.

• Love 4
There’s this “Are you gonna punch me or kiss me? [dynamic] between them that fascinates me!"

Love in the afternoon!  With a SERIAL KILLER, no less!

Felix pays a visit to his best friend Sabrina.

Believe me, I don't care, but...don't these two fucking live together?  Why would he need to pay her a visit?  Did Sabrina move in with Michael or did Felix move in with his off-screen boyfriend off-screen?  Now I'm trying to apply logic to this show, thanks a lot Felix, shut up, gawd!

Everything going on in the Lulu/Dante/Valerie/Dillon quad sounds so juvenile, like a big stupid game of telephone.

Not looking forward to Michael probably telling Tracy and the Q's en masse to go fuck themselves.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

It's sad that Laura has to be part of all this fake drama.  Her going to Sam and Patrick to tell, but then not telling?  Pointless.  As is her trying to convince Liz to come clean since we know this isn't coming out until November 6th.

• Love 4

"How do you plot?"

The fuck kind of question is that? How about, how do I get as far away as I possibly fucking can from the MAN WHO TRIED TO MURDER ME IN THE FACE?!!!

She should spend some time with Carly.  They can bond over loving men that shot them in the head/had them shot in the head.

At least Sonny shot Carly in the head accidentally? This f*ing show has made me appreciate ineptitude since the alternative is apparently venality - thanks for the Love in the Afternoon, Cartini! 

I don't think wanting a story that isn't a complete turd is a matter of wanting to "have his cake and eat it too" - it's a fairly reasonable expectation. For instance, I'd like to watch a story that isn't a complete turd but RC's shit is still on my screen 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9

I don't think wanting a story that isn't a complete turd is a matter of wanting to "have his cake and eat it too" - it's a fairly reasonable expectation. For instance, I'd like to watch a story that isn't a complete turd but RC's shit is still on my screen

I think him trying to work with particular actors AND trying to dictate whatever story he wants is a bit much, I'll just say that. Just MO.

• Love 1

I mean, they all try to dictate shit. I'm sure if he and Kelly hadn't asked for Sam and Patrick something equally stupid would be happening right now with him.

I'm certainly not denying that.

But I was responding to the JT is there for a paycheck comment. If that's true, I don't see what his problem would be.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Just saw on another board:

After examining Hayden, Patrick is at a loss regarding her lack of memory.

Must be a typo, right? I'm pretty sure it should say 

After talking to Patrick, Hayden is at a loss regarding his lack of memory of Robin.

• Love 9

Am I missing something? Wtf is November 6th? A late ass Guy Fawkes celebration? Because I may be down with that.

If we burn some straw men, can their real-life onscreen counterparts leave the show? 

I've got a list …

• Love 2

If we burn some straw men, can their real-life onscreen counterparts leave the show? 

I've got a list …

Why not have the hurricane coming up the east coast hit, and clean house. All of it. TIIC included. Have the posters here take over. Not one character is wanted here. Maybe Avery.

• Love 3

Just saw on another board:

After examining Hayden, Patrick is at a loss regarding her lack of memory.

Must be a typo, right? I'm pretty sure it should say

After talking to Patrick, Hayden is at a loss regarding his lack of memory of Robin.

Bwah. It's absolutely hilarious how this show has twisted it so Patrick is the best husband and boyfriend and father and friend when the dude gives less than 1 fuck about his child's mother. She could be dead in a ditch for all he knows. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

http://soapcentral.com/gh/content/scoop/spoilers/2015/151005.php

What the hell is wrong with Dillon? Unless he's telling her not to be touchy feeling with him because he has feelings so maybe she should just be aware of the situation. But it says Lulu rebuffs him*, so if it's, "hey Lulu, I know you've been with someone else for a long time and we've only been hanging out for four months after not seeing each other for 10 years, but you know, maybe you want to break that off and hook up with me?" Maybe this is why he was cast as someone who looks plastic-y. He is actually some sort of robot now who is uncertain of human reaction and feelings!

*Spoilers could be worded weirdly though.

Sabrina and Felix catch up

Swell. Although I'd honestly rather watch them than Sonny, Carly, Morgan, Kiki, Franco, Nina, so here we are.

Michael and Morgan have to answer to Sonny

What's he gonna do? Spank them? Although I guess he can take away Morgan's lunch money.

Too many jokes to make about Nikolas giving Greenlee a job.

I wonder if there's any possibility at all Lulu and Dante mention something about possibly moving from their tainted hobbit hole.

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 4

*shrug* I dunno what "having balls" has to do with it.  I don't begrudge him a steady paycheck if that's what he wants.

For real.

Let's just say it: If anyone in the audience expected this dude to quit the show in protest because Kimberly left, that's ridiculous and it's not gonna happen. It's steady work and a pretty good paycheck. Of course he stayed. The least he (or any actor on the show) can hope to expect is not to be written as a complete cipher, but they all - every one of them - have advocated for better stories if one tanks. JT is no different, nor should he be held to some different standard. I think his stories have been mostly dreadful since Robin 'died', but I don't see what's so wrong with the man staying in his damn job and playing the script.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 12
(edited)

I am going to very displeased if Rebecca Budig starts working at ELQ.

Thank you!! I was thinking the same damn thing. Greenlee better not be working at freaking ELQ. I wouldn'tbe surprised if the whole ELQ story becomes abut Greenlee.

These asshats can't do one damn thing right!

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

For real.

Let's just say it: If anyone in the audience expected this dude to quit the show in protest because Kimberly left, that's ridiculous and it's not gonna happen. It's steady work and a pretty good paycheck. Of course he stayed. The least he (or any actor on the show) can hope to expect is not to be written as a complete cipher, but they all - every one of them - have advocated for better stories if one tanks. JT is no different, nor should he be held to some different standard. I think his stories have been mostly dreadful since Robin 'died', but I don't see what's so wrong with the man staying in his damn job and playing the script.

I don't know how the JT convo turned into a paycheck convo, but this started because of the DC article that said JT is considering to not renew his contract unless he gets a better story. That's what this was all about. So, essentially, it's not about money or his paycheck.

• Love 2

I swear that I remember an interview with Kimberly when she left with Victor where she said JT wanted to leave with her so Robin and Patrick could have their HEA but Frank wouldn't let him out of his contract.

• Love 1

[JT] needs better writing but he does good work when given something even halfway worthwhile he can be arsed to do so, which 90% of the time he can't.

Fixed it for ya.

Recast with someone who isn't a scene-tanking diva and at least some of the problems with Patrick's pairings would be solved.

• Love 1