Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Marshall psychosis??

His schizophrenia, which we suspect was inaccurately diagnosed. (It was, as he doesn't have any of the markers for schizophrenia, but other diagnoses haven't been ruled out.)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I have not watched with any regularity for at least a decade now (where did the time GO?!), but if these previews are supposed to want to bring lapsed viewers back, it failed in a most spectacular fashion!

The show seems even worse than when Guza had the reigns. Even Guza had characters who disliked Sonny on the canvas (albeit they were “bad” for not liking him and not worshiping at the altar of Guza’s messianic Borg), while now everyone on the canvas mandated to kiss his feet and act like you must like him (even the woman he kidnapped with the intent of taking her unborn child and murdering her after the birth).

Anna and Robert are buddies with the guy who shot their daughter? Bargain basement criminal, as TR famously called him. And the WSB needed Sonny? Faith, Lorenzo and Johnny all proved you can circumvent going through Sonny.

I’m guessing the show still only appeals to the people who think the entire show needs to revolve around Sonny and the mob.

• Like 2
  • Fire 7
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

if these previews are supposed to want to bring lapsed viewers back, it failed in a most spectacular fashion!

I'd forgotten what a shot in the arm the show got when Burton left and they had to get creative. These spoilers are the same old, tired stories, Carly and Sonny can do no wrong working to reunion  #52493, everyone angry at Nina and Valentin, Liz and Finn play detective, Lucy and Scott scheming. Is anyone other than Georgie hoping for a Maxie/Spinelli reunion?

Come back, scab writers, come back!

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It took them long enough to circle back to this, not that I have any confidence it will be written well.

But what story is there to tell? That forty years ago we didn't know enough about psychosis to accurately diagnose him? In those days you could identify the patients by their shaking muscles from the side effects of the early drugs, cultural psychiatry was in its infancy and it occurred to very few people that mental illness might look differed in different cultures. That's something better suited to a clinical psychology or medical school lecture than a soap opera.

I hope that they don't make this about racism because it will 1. potentially be inaccurate (SOP for the show) 2. take away from real racism issues.

My question would be who prescribed Marshal antipsychotic drugs for 40 years without reassessing him? That's real grounds for a malpractice suit.

• Like 4

That bit about Nina and Valentine scheming together "again" is such a bizarre take. That was never their dynamic. He schemed and she forgave -- until she couldn't any longer.

But hey, if he gives her a little appreciation I'm all for it.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

That bit about Nina and Valentine scheming together "again" is such a bizarre take. That was never their dynamic. He schemed and she forgave -- until she couldn't any longer.

Well they sure as hell schemed to keep Charlotte away from Lulu when they first got married.

• Useful 1

Sam and Dante get the most boring previews. I know that they write them for practically every character so the ones who don’t get storylines get these vague previews but I’m still laughing that all they could say for them is that they’re still happy and are parenting teenagers. 

• Like 1

It will never happen, but I'd love it if Jason explained his absence by saying yes, he was buried under rock, but he was rescued and had only minor, superficial injuries. He stayed in Greece because it was a nice place to be and he really needed a break from everyone and everything in Port Charles.

• LOL 9

I notice that Nina and Valentine meet up on Friday and he has some kind of a plaaaaaan.  I don't know how takeovers work in the real world, much less the ELQ/Aurora framework. But I do hope somehow they can either boot Drew and Carly from Aurora, or launch a new magazine.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I would love it if instead of Aurora taking over ELQ and booting Valentin out, Valentin and Nina took over Aurora and booted Drew and Michael out.

Sure, Willow would be angry at her but at this point Nina has nothing to lose.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6

I don't think this needs to be spoilered in here, if so my apologies: NAC's last airdate is next Wednesday (1/31), per TV Line. He will return in several months, presumably to fill out the last of his contract which I believe ends in June or July. TA (Trina) is not taking any time off. No word yet on AP/Esme.

• Thanks 1
On 1/26/2024 at 12:59 PM, jsbt said:

I don't think this needs to be spoilered in here, if so my apologies: NAC's last airdate is next Wednesday (1/31), per TV Line. He will return in several months, presumably to fill out the last of his contract which I believe ends in June or July. TA (Trina) is not taking any time off. No word yet on AP/Esme.

I'm confused about all of this.  I feel like they should have done a recast, called it temporary though.  But really their temp should have been the person they thought was a fit for a perm recast.  It seems like it's in limbo.  So if NAC comes back to finish his contract, but his plan is to not sign a new one, what are they going to do?  Send him off another cliff or whatever?  I guess because no one is sure what NAC is going to do it makes it hard.  I doubt even NAC knows what he's going to do at this point.  There's so many variables. 

• Like 4

I saw some soap podcaster X chattering about furious fans on Wednesday... Online rumors can be cloud cuckoo land, even cogently stated ones. Again, this is a person on a chat board Friday, but I can’t say I don’t agree with sentiments expressed in the second post and I’m not feeling that TVLine article now either if this is what’s what. Wednesday will be interesting to say the least. jsbt, you may have called it… We’ll see. 

“However, his last day at the studio, recently, he made the rounds, spoke to everyone, said his farewells. My information - which is completely different from the official statements - is that Frank has done a masterful job with pretaping. He's gone. Period. But supposedly we won't even be able to tell that he's not there. Given the job they did last year with Laura & Kevin & Yuri in Russia, I can imagine this is one of Frank's magic tricks.”

“It is my opinion that young actors should stay with their soaps longer than they sometimes do & also I feel that they don't have an appreciation of just how good they've got it & they may be in for a rude awakening. NAC may never again have the kind of attention that he's gotten between the fanatical Sprina fandom & the mainstream media attention, etc. And, I don't mean to be unfairly picking on NAC either.” 
——

On to Wednesday… Good Luck, NAC. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh that's interesting.  It doesn't answer the longer term questions about a recast, but it does make sense to me personally that he's gone.  I have seen Calista Flockhart all over this past two weeks.  She's promoting Ryan Murphy's Feud  which is about to drop.  At the Netflix Murphy level it's not just you film, and then bye.  There's a lot of promotional duties.  It really never made sense to me. 

I don't believe for a minute they're killing off Spencer, so I thought a presumed dead, and then after some time has passed, a recast and a typical GH back from the dead.  

I just have to add about that last paragraph, like I get the sentiment, but there's a famous actor, I can't recall which one, anyway, he was on OLTL.  And he said in an interview, that I believe the actor who plays Bo Buchanon gave him some advice.  The advice was to get the hell out of there, and if it doesn't work out, to trust him that they will always take him back, regardless of what they were claiming now.  It worked out.  But he was grateful for that advice.  And the actor giving the advice even told him he wished someone had advised him the same when he was younger and that it was too late for him now.  So...

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, CeChase said:

The advice was to get the hell out of there, and if it doesn't work out, to trust him that they will always take him back.  It worked out.  But he was grateful for that advice.  And the actor giving the advice even told him he wished someone had advised him the same when he was younger and that it was too late for him now.  So...

Maybe Nathan Fillion? And I hear you. 

If people are fuming Wednesday, a recast may not be necessary? And the door back may be locked and the walkway burned? We’ll see. NAC what with the People cover and all had a unique daytime experience that I hope he is classy about moving forward. 

I also hope NAC moves on from Murphy in good time and is successful.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Maybe Nathan Fillion? And I hear you. 

If people are fuming Wednesday, a recast may not be necessary? And the door back may be locked and the walkway burned? We’ll see. NAC what with the People cover and all had a unique daytime experience that I hope he is classy about moving forward. 

I also hope NAC moves on from Murphy in good time and is successful.

Well, I have to admit, I'm really curious about Wednesday's show now!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That is 100% Nathan Fillion. He and Woods have remained friends I believe. But I don't think NAC has owned the part quite as hard as Fillion owned Joey Buchanan. I think a recast will be viable in time. But given the success of Sprina, an instant recast would be a mistake.

• Like 4

I think enough actors have said that staying on soaps longer as a younger actor pretty much kills your career prospects outside other soaps and the Hallmark/Lifetime movie genre. There’s still a stigma regarding soap actors and that they aren’t seen as that talented and have a lot of bad habits. 

• Like 2

Not sure why anyone would be fuming on Wednesday unless he leaves town with Esme to find Ace.  

Fake deaths is common and predictable. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

I saw some soap podcaster X chattering about furious fans on Wednesday... Online rumors can be cloud cuckoo land, even cogently stated ones. Again, this is a person on a chat board Friday, but I can’t say I don’t agree with sentiments expressed in the second post and I’m not feeling that TVLine article now either if this is what’s what. Wednesday will be interesting to say the least. jsbt, you may have called it… We’ll see. 

I have known this source as an acquaintance for almost 25 years. We're not friends, but they were once very well-connected and I know that from one on one experience. That being said they are also definitely not what they used to be, and often get a lot of very, very basic stuff wrong even though they were used to being in a position of relative authority in online circles back in the George W. Bush administration. The line between personal subjectivity, ego and age blurs. So you have to take anything said with more than a few grains of salt IMO.

All I will say about this is I have pondered whether anything Spencer returns for later on may just be pre-taped, but I don't know that. I have suspected Spencer will get an exit a la Josh Duhamel on AMC for a long time, and that they'll wait a bit of time to recast and see how things go with Chavez's career first. That's not scoop though, that's supposition. I don't have any connections at GH. Other people don't always know how to delineate the difference in what they say online and I'll leave it at that. As for the actors I don't think Chavez has done anything wrong, and I think a lot of people get caught up in fan stuff that doesn't interest me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

Other people don't always know how to delineate the difference in what they say online and I'll leave it at that. As for the actors I don't think Chavez has done anything wrong, and I think a lot of people get caught up in fan stuff that doesn't interest me.

True and True. And, thank you for your insight, @jsbt

• Like 1

Given Chavez’s popularity, it makes sense for the show to wait as long as they can before recasting. Pre-taping is certainly a viable option, especially if they limit Spencer’s interaction to a very limited number of characters. (Nik? Esme? Maybe even Trina, if she accompanies him on some Ace-chasing expedition?) He could travel around the world while the set dressers swap out the decor in that same damn hotel room. 

It also makes sense for Chavez to explore his options. Ryan Murphy is known for using the same actors over and over, and if NAC does well here, he could become a part of that stable. It doesn’t sound like he’s burning bridges anywhere, so I think he will just fine whatever happens.

Im just going to watch and hope this show doesn’t screw it up too much.

• Like 6

What’s their plan for Spencer? Doing a back from the dead SL after 2-3 months at most is a baffling decision when the actor is most likely not sticking around past his contract. What’s their plan going to be if he leaves? An immediate recast is probably what most likely has to happen then since very few will care about another “death” SL, real or fake. Unless they are hedging their bets in case he doesn’t come back at all but I’m not sure how that would be an option if he’s under contract. They should have just had Spencer leave town for a few months to find Ace and done this SL upon the actor’s return. 

It reminds me of Jason’s exits and how his deaths and the aftermath are so lackluster since we know he’d likely come back. 

(edited)
40 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

What’s their plan for Spencer? Doing a back from the dead SL after 2-3 months at most is a baffling decision when the actor is most likely not sticking around past his contract. What’s their plan going to be if he leaves? An immediate recast is probably what most likely has to happen then since very few will care about another “death” SL, real or fake. Unless they are hedging their bets in case he doesn’t come back at all but I’m not sure how that would be an option if he’s under contract. They should have just had Spencer leave town for a few months to find Ace and done this SL upon the actor’s return. 

It reminds me of Jason’s exits and how his deaths and the aftermath are so lackluster since we know he’d likely come back. 

Yeah this is the thing I don't understand.  Since NAC will almost definitely not sign a new contract, and assuming he returns, why do a presumed dead when he will only be back a short time?  The only thing that makes sense to me is they know he's not coming back at all, and they wanted a few months between NAC and the recast. That doesn't mean that's what is happening, it just means that's the way this presumed dead makes sense.  They don't do things that make sense so this storyline flaw has no bearing on whether or not he returns.  

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 2

Agreed, but it makes sense if they were trying to keep Spencer's death and how Jason returns underwraps, and figured that wording would lead ppl to think it was Jason. Sooo, this throws off two bits of speculation: Why is Cam coming back? And where Jason shows up.

6 hours ago, tessaray said:

I'm assuming because of Spencer. They grew up as cousins. 

I know that. I was saying that as in the wording of the spoiler about Elizabeth was done to throw off speculation about those two things: 1) Why is Cam coming back, and 2) how does Jason come back.

23 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I know that. I was saying that as in the wording of the spoiler about Elizabeth was done to throw off speculation about those two things: 1) Why is Cam coming back, and 2) how does Jason come back.

Ah. That's what I get for skimming. 

Any chance Jason is behind the attempted hits on Sonny? Although I don’t know why, unless he’s trying to take over PC and they’re setting up some mob wars bullshit.

5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Any chance Jason is behind the attempted hits on Sonny? Although I don’t know why, unless he’s trying to take over PC and they’re setting up some mob wars bullshit.

I think that’s what they’re hinting at but it also sounded like his return was rewritten and is being done by the new HWs so who knows if that’s how it’ll end up. Jason was originally set to return around now but it got pushed back to March. 

• Useful 3

I'm starting to think whoever said it might be Cyrus is right.  I personally am hoping for this because I think it would actually be a good story.  Or, could be.  Cyrus doing the lord's work and taking out mob trash.  But that wouldn't explain all the anvils about it being "someone who knows everything about Sonny's operation".  I don't think Cyrus could have that much info.  So it could still be Jason. But then yesterday with whiny baby Michael crying "you have no one!" that seemed like a lot of Jason anvils. You know, you almost expect Jason to walk in and proclaim "Wrong!  He's got ME".  LOL  Very romantic come on, you know it is.  I did watch the last few shows on Hulu last night, thanks to a poster's thoughtful post.  Maybe we are seeing some new stuff being sneaked in.  I saw a couple of interesting anvils.  Still not sorry I skipped last week though!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

I don’t have answers to your questions, but I hope your spoiler is true, because I love a certain actor in a certain role and I would welcome their return, in whatever unlikely scenario. (Dry erase board at the cemetery, I’m telling you…)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

No you don't need to put spoiler tags in the spoiler thread. This is also sounds like speculation not spoiler. In reading the article, it states that Ryan would likely go for revenge now as it would be the perfect opportunity to reveal himself if he had faked his death. He didn't fake his death. He is dead-dead.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Yeah that one felt pretty final. Not quite Faison's brain in a jar final but I don't think they would bring him back. I think it may be more likely that Nik turns out not the be the father than Ryan coming for a baby. As much as I love Lindstrom in the part, they have already used every part of that particular buffalo for story.

• Like 3

I can't remember the details, but Kevin had an odd look when he was alone in a recent episode, and I got an uneasy feeling about Ryan. But he'd have to have regrown a hand as well as successfully fake his death! 

• LOL 3

Yeah if Rose Schwartz can write for a guy who doesn't have a head I'm sure they could come up with a hand transplant or something. But maybe instead of him getting an evil hand like a horror movie he gets like a nun's hand so he can't do anything evil with it.

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 2/20/2024 at 7:19 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

I can't remember the details, but Kevin had an odd look when he was alone in a recent episode, and I got an uneasy feeling about Ryan. But he'd have to have regrown a hand as well as successfully fake his death! 

I'm sure the Cassadines have the technology to regrow body parts. They've brought people back from the dead too. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, CeChase said:

All of the talk is that Morgan may be back.  Do you guys think that's true?

No. I think it's either Jason (Stone Cold, although that would imply a sense of humor on Jason's part), Jagger's son Stone, or someone who just happens to be named Mr. Stone. 

• Useful 1

I don't think Morgan's coming back in the immediate future.

If the show hangs on for another three to five years, either in its present form or on a streaming service, I'll be surprised if the Morgan death is one that sticks. I am already surprised he's stayed gone this long. It would be an easier death to walk back than some deaths they have walked back in the past, and it allows them to add another guy in his twenties or thirties who's connected to a lot of characters—most of whom have "most favored" status, whether we feel that way or not—and has immediate story.

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I am already surprised he's stayed gone this long.

I have to assume it's because someone was partial to Bryan Craig at this point. I expect Morgan will be back someday, but I am in no rush and don't expect it any time soon either.

Neat preview clip up on Hulu for Monday, with Anna telling Carly 'it's obvious you would swallow ground glass to give [Jason] a five minute head start.'

• LOL 8