Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

Guza was a mob-obsessed Jason, Sonny, and Carly fanboy with a God complex. But watching "his" GH now, it almost looks like Masterpiece Theater in the writing/stories/acting.

Who knew it could get worse than Guza?!

Still, that's a hell of a quandary--better writing and dialogue, but tons of misogyny and character destruction (or in the case of the vets, character ignoring/violently killing them and their offspring off).

It just seems like a weird, damning with faint praise/Twilight Zone situation Guza put the viewers in.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 5

Asking someone to choose between Guza, Ron, and Jelly is like asking how do you want to die: legal injection, electric chair, or firing squad.

The end result is still the crappy same damn thing.

• Love 11

Asking someone to choose between Guza, Ron, and Jelly is like asking how do you want to die: legal injection, electric chair, or firing squad.

Would that make Wolf the Chinese water torture? 

• Love 2

This should be a GH came instead of marry, shag, kill

• Love 5

No, I happily pick Guza. *runs away*

• Love 2

No, I happily pick Guza. *runs away*

I pick Guza with the dialogue writers. Who knows what Guza with Suzanne Flynn and Andrea Archer Compton would have been like.

• Love 3

Jelly sucks. Maybe if we fused Guza and Ron in a weird way it would work or be hilarious. Let them write how they want. But Wolf has to tweak the scripts.

That's the ultimate torture. A neverending camp fest of Sonny, Carly, Jason and the mob that's destined to make you cry yourself to sleep. It's so mobtastic you shoot your own tv.

• Love 1
If Brenda has to come back, I hope it is with Michael's baby. I so want to see Snarly's head explode.

OMG that would bring me back full time. LOL

In all seriousness, I think the problem with Brenda's return last time was that they sequestered her wtih Sonny.   When she returned in the early 2000s it was awesome and if you think about it, she and Sonny were just in each other's peripherary.  She spent a majority of her time with Jax, Skye and Jason.  It was wonderful (at least for me).

She can be a really interesting character when she's allowed to interact with characters that aren't Sonny.  She doesn't get to run roughshod over the whole town like Carly, I guess that's why I appreciate the Brenda character these days.   Everyone knows her for the self-centered, spoiled, flighty, High maintenance, dramaqueen she is.   SOME people like her despite all that. 

It'll never happen but I'd love to see Brenda form a closer friendship with Monica.  The Quartermaines were always the closest thing she had to family and since they both are pretty alone in the world, seeing them form a genuine friendship would be sweet.  Also love her friendship with Ned.

• Love 6
(edited)

Brenda = more screen time for Sonny.  So yeah, she will be back.  When I first saw her back in 2011 or so, she sort of reminded me of Sarah Shahi.  I fail to appreciate how beautiful VM and the rest of PC appear think that Brenda is. 

Her looks have definitely changed in the years since (whether due to plastic surgery/botox, illness, some bad aging, or a combination of all three, I'm not sure), but she was other level beautiful during her original 1992-1998 run. She definitely stood out for a reason.

d9f4469c35c09bc0bc2a57988e2948b8.jpg

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

That pic is after Vanessa groomed those caterpillar eyebrows. I think if they bring her back, I'll just FFwd her like I do the ones I can't stand now(for the most part). I mean, sometimes I watch scenes with characters I don't like, if they are in scenes with those I do like, or just to be able to snark about it.

But overall, I'm perfectly happy just skipping through the sl's or characters I couldn't care less about. Which is why I guess, I just don't really have an opinion about which writer is/was the worst. Thanks to Hulu, YouTube, etc I don't have to suffer the fools. *shrug* If I were stuck watching live with no alternative, I don't think I could stand it. I would have likely given up on this show eons ago.

I have always said that at least Ron seemed to like and care about some of the vets. He wrote Tracy and Joe Jr, and Guza would have *never* done that. The only reason I believe Guza wrote for the Qs at all was to kill them off, and then later, because Luke was around. And I do think writing for vets is important. They don't have to lead story, but one of the biggest complaints I see is that the show is unrecognizable because of the new/unfamiliar faces.

I think also that RC hated Sonny and wasn't he the one who killed off Jason?  Of course he also killed off AJ, but he had Michael hating Sonny for over a year, and it wasn't until "Jelly" that that ended. I do think it was them, even if RC was technically still there, who had Michael start making amends with Sonny.  I think if I had to vote on the writers, I'd vote early RC before he seemed to stop caring about the sl's making sense.

• Love 6

I will never say I miss Guza's GH. Sure there were some good things, but the Sonny/Jason/Carly stuff was even worse than it is now. Actually, wait, come to think of it, the Sonny worship might be worse now. But I still prefer it to Guza's Jason worship. I don't know whatever they both suck.

For me personally if I had to choose between Guza, RC, and the new writers I would pick RC. But really that'd be with a gun to my head.

If I could get the RC from the first few months of his tenure at GH, I'd pick him gladly.

• Love 8

Didn't RC still have GH scriptwriters for the first few months?

No, all were fired/left upon his taking over [minus Liz Korte who remains the sole holdover]. Ironically, the GH writers that left won an award not long after. Emmy or some other award. Karma, I guess. IIRC, not only were the writers booted, so was some of the crew.

No, all were fired/left upon his taking over [minus Liz Korte who remains the sole holdover]. Ironically, the GH writers that left won an award not long after. Emmy or some other award. Karma, I guess. IIRC, not only were the writers booted, so was some of the crew.

Some of them were still writing his stuff for a month or two, I remember that. I'd say they completely stopped around July or august. Kate Hall was also a holdout, although she hadn't been at GH long before RC and FV came over.

• Love 1

Of course, because otherwise Sonny is a shitty, selfish scumbag

I dunno, if they put Julian in the mob again/say he was in it all along after all I'm more inclined to believe they changed it because NLG said something to piss someone off than to make Sonny look good. Or that is really the only plot they can think of to give Julexis without resorting to cheating.

• Love 1

I think they've kind of made it a "thing" that Julian wasn't ever out of the mob, they've just been sparse in giving the hints. A bit there, a suspicious bit there, and then nothing for weeks or months. So it isn't exactly from out of left field.

I have the strangest, sneaking suspicion that somehow, some way, Helena is responsible for Tracy's sickness. I think Griffin after yesterday, will think it's something she picked up in Mexico, but he'll find out that's not it. Of course, it could be just good old fashioned cancer, but if so, why the prolonged diagnosis?

I guess the will reading will either confirm that or strike it out. I would think it would come out then, if true.

I live in hope for writers who can write dialog we haven't heard a jillion times before.  So numbed by conversations between Somny and Carly, Lulu and Dante, and Alexis and Julian.  Blah, blah, blah........

(edited)

Would Vanessa return without Guza? Last time she returned because he asked. She is a member of his fanclub like TG/MB/SB.

She already returned without him in 2013. Considering she nixed Guza's idea of having Brenda give birth to Sonny's grandchild via Dante, I don't think she's that loyal to him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I mean, does anyone take Julian seriously as a clean business magnate? I don't. Julian loves the life.

I can't take Julian seriously as a mobster either - Ava was much more convincing in that role. At this point, Alexis/Julian are some terrible combination of 50 Shades/How Stella got her Groove Back/Groundhogs Day and I wish they'd get an adult story or kill off Julian

• Love 5
I can't take Julian seriously as a mobster

I can't take Julian seriously, period. I enjoy WdV when he plays Julian as the DGAF guy, but any occupation they give Julian never fits, IMO. I'd rather he be some rich layabout who lives off his trust funds. Ava is much more believable as a tough mob boss, except when she gets weepy about how terrible it is. Well, duh. It's THE MOB. Gah.

• Love 4

Oh, I would never claim to take Julian seriously as a mobster or much of anything. I just think getting out is utterly alien to his egocentric character.

• Love 2
(edited)

I could buy him as a gigolo or a rich, playboy layabout but a force in business or da' mob? No. His characterization has been non-existent and Ava's initially promising character is a mess that see-saws between hungry for the mob and weepy about it.

I hate that their whole dumb, waste of space family (lookin' at you, Keeks!) takes up airtime and that Julian and his ridiculous boxer briefs are here years after AJ was killed off for being fat and demonstrating insufficient gratitude for shitty stories about relish and playing second fiddle to a SERIAL KILLER

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
(edited)

Oh, I would never claim to take Julian seriously as a mobster or much of anything. I just think getting out is utterly alien to his egocentric character.

I can so take him seriously as the owner of a Planet Fitness or L.A. Fitness franchise. He also does personal training, but only for select clientele. And his gym? Has the distinction of the most tanning beds in town. Hell, in a 40-mile radius. Except he isn't sure what "radius" means ("Radius is half the lenghth of a circle, so that means 20 miles from here, right?")

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

http://thetvwatercooler.com/2016/03/hayden-gh-spoilers/

the resident’s of Port Charles while Dante (Dominic Zamprogna) fills Valerie (Brytni Sarpy) in on his progress with Lulu (Emme Rylan) on Monday (March 14).

Is Dante supposed to be brain dead? This is social cluelessness of returning-Spinelli's (sob) order

Maxie (Kirsten Storms) and Dillon’s (Robert Palmer Watkins) worst fear comes to fruition.

uh, didn't that happen already when Georgie got murdered? Something could happen to Georgie II but that would hardly be Dillon's worst fear

• Love 5

Dante continues to be stupid. And why is Val engaging in conversation with him? I thought she found some self respect and vowed to stay away from him. 

There is another spoiler that says she gets mad at him for talking to her.

the resident’s of Port Charles while Dante (Dominic Zamprogna) fills Valerie (Brytni Sarpy) in on his progress with Lulu (Emme Rylan) on Monday (March 14).

Is Dante supposed to be brain dead?

BS needs to meet her minimum.

OK, I tried to fight it. But we NEED a nickname for Dante. And Dumbte isn't enough.

stumpy jr?

douchte?

shittico? (cause he looks like serpico) or stupico?

BS needs to meet her minimum.

Sure, but she could have a scene where cousin Carly whines about this time she really does mean that the dangerrr is too much!

• Love 1
while Dante (Dominic Zamprogna) fills Valerie (Brytni Sarpy) in on his progress with Lulu (Emme Rylan) on Monday (March 14).

Dante.  Dante.  Dante.  No. Just...no. The Sonny DNA is really coming into its own in Dante over the past several months.  

• Love 8

So the breastfeeding story is still a thing?

Are we sure they're not just recycling spoilers from a month ago? Because damn near all of them sound repetitive.

I hate this shit show. If it wasn't for Sam, Curtis, Andre, Jason's bitch faces, Tracy/Monica, and Anna (although, if she's kissing Scummy's ass, we need to have a talk) I would turn this shit off and never look back.

Fall in love with GH, my ass.

• Love 3
(edited)

There is another spoiler that says she gets mad at him for talking to her.

LOL. Fucking Valerie. When is BS getting fired, dammit?! I'm so over this shit.

Dante.  Dante.  Dante.  No. Just...no. The Sonny DNA is really coming into its own in Dante over the past several months.  

He referred to Sonny as 'dad' yesterday and it was just vomit inducing. Sigh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2