Type keyword(s) to search

S37: Spoilers and Speculation

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

Angelina is a weak villain if we are going to call her a villain. She is not my favorite player and I don’t want to see her win but, in the grand scheme of things, she is not a realvillain. She is not perfect but her bad behavior is muted. I felt the same way about Chrissy in her season. We tend to look for someone to root against as much as we look for people to root for. Natalie and Angelina were the root against targets. 

When I think of your Russell’s, Brandon’s, Dan Foley’s and the like, Angelina doesn’t hold a candle. She has never called anyone a loser who is soulless (WIll). She hasn’t tried to hide camp tools. 

I don’t think she deserves to win,  at least not with what we have seen to date. I will be bummed if she wins but not because I think she is awful but because her game play has been bad. I think she is entitled but she would be eaten alive if she was put on the villian tribe on Heros vs Villians.

• Love 2

I don't even think she is a villain.  I find her unlikable and she does strike me as a mean girl, but not a villain in the vain of other villains that have come through the ranks (even the fun ones).

How is she backstabbing Goliaths when they have made it clear shes on the bottom? Alec and Kara seem comfortable being on Bottom of Davids. Guess she should let them just take her out 

Again, it's hard to say without knowing what's going to happen tomorrow, which I think will be more telling how the rest of the season goes, even if alliances tend to flip flop.  She said in the preview the Goliaths don't know how vicious she can be, which might just be nothing but a bunch of hot air that leads nowhere.  It seemed from the preview she was more upset her Goliath team mates voted against her-and I am in no way saying she's being unreasonable in being upset.  If she merely flips on the Goliaths, gets out everyone but Mike, she's going to look like a coat tail rider.  Yes, the fair argument is she got out the very people who were targeting her and she beat them to the final 3, but will the jury look at it like that?  Would they consider that good game play, or just making it easier for the Davids?  Angelina has already shown that she can be controlling and spiteful when she doesn't get her own way (this is where the Elizabeth fiasco might come back to bite her), so she could get questioned why she played a good game when she merely flipped and just got taken to the end because she seemed like a goat.  I would be surprised if the Goliaths go into both TC tomorrow looking to stay together, but it could be no one expects Angelina to flip, or thinks she's the one going.  This could come down to her doing all the dirty work and making enemies while the likes of Nick continues to work on his social bonds.

Right now, based on edits, I still think Christian or Nick have the best chances of winning.  We will see what tomorrow brings in terms of story arc and edits.  I hopefully won't have to concede that Angelina might have a solid shot, but even now I'm not entirely ruling it out.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I am so screwed if I am deemed to be a villian because of one or two moments on an editted TV show. We have seen far worse behavior from people who many folks would be excited to see play again. I am thinking of Russell who has a large number of supporters in Survivor fandom, never mind the fact that he was an awful bully. Angelina was an ass when the David’s were introduced, pretty much all of the Goliath’s were. That said, she has not been shown to treat people poorly around camp. Entitled, hell yeah, but not a bully or a mean person. 

I still maintain that those reaction shots of the Goliaths laughing and Angelina's "bless their heart" reaction were completely edited out of context and were not their actual reactions as the Davids got off the boat.  They do this all the time and given the theme of the season I have a very little doubt they did that here as well. There was a 0% chance the producers were not going to edit the Goliaths as anything but cocky when they were introduced.  

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

If the final 3 really is Angelina/Mike/Nick, I just can't see how Nick doesn't win after tonight.  It's getting so close to the end it's hard to imagine (though not impossible) one of the others having some big break out to win.  Maybe they are leading into something with Angelina after tonight, but I can't say her edit has been flattering.  She was way overconfident tonight, didn't even know her true place in that alliance, and got blindsided at the second TC.  The better question is, how does Nick get to the final 3 with Angelina/Mike?  Are they the two goats everyone wants to sit next to?  With Gabby possibly targeting Christian next week, maybe there was something to the ladies teaming up, but again, there's two men in the final 3, and they can't both immunity run it there.  Unless Nick's idol comes into play, Mike's too obvious of a goat, and the fire making challenge helps shape that outcome.

And are we sure it is Nick in the final 3?  Because while I think he's played the better game of the rumored final 3, I still don't think he necessarily screams winner.  Unless they are making Christian a decoy with his big edit, because he's really the one I see winning at this point, but Nick wouldn't be far behind.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I would love if Christian was the winner!

Me too!  Although I'm wondering now if Gabby really does succeed in getting Christian out next week.  That no doubt will lead to her own downfall, and that could in turn be how Nick/Angelina/Mike get to the final 3.  I don't know how much use Nick ever had for Gabby, but believed a lot of it had to do with Christian.  If he's out of the way, Nick may not trust Gabby or want to work with, and use her own 'big resume' talk against her.  Now I'm a tad worried Christian might get voted out next week :(  It'd be hard to not give someone like Christian the kind of edit he's gotten, winner or not, but they are likely setting him up for a return.  

• Love 3

Christian wins against anybody if he is sitting in the final three. I think that should be obvious to everyone. The thing is after tonight I am not sure he is going to get the chance. Voting out Alec was a mistake. He made the point that having Alec around who is a major threat was good for him because it diminishes his own threat level.  The same thing can be said to a lesser degree for Carl who seemed to be perceived as running the show. Now his threat level is going to rise again (as we see in the previews next week).

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Me too!  Although I'm wondering now if Gabby really does succeed in getting Christian out next week.  That no doubt will lead to her own downfall, and that could in turn be how Nick/Angelina/Mike get to the final 3.  I don't know how much use Nick ever had for Gabby, but believed a lot of it had to do with Christian.  If he's out of the way, Nick may not trust Gabby or want to work with, and use her own 'big resume' talk against her.  Now I'm a tad worried Christian might get voted out next week :(  It'd be hard to not give someone like Christian the kind of edit he's gotten, winner or not, but they are likely setting him up for a return.  

I agree with you. If Gabby does get Christian out next week, maybe she goes right after him. No one will be around to protect her. Seeing as who the final 3 is supposed to be, I can see this coming to fruition if it works out this way. I think Nick would have no problem turning on Gabby if she orchestrated his ouster.

I'm blanking tonight (super tired).....has Davie found two idols or just one? 

We are still waiting for a David to find a second idol per the spoiler, correct?  I'm super tired and may be misremembering.

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I recall from a very early episode Nick said he wanted Gabby gone because she messes up the Mason-Dixon.  It will be really interesting to see how Davie and Nick far with Chrisitan and Gabby next week.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I'm blanking tonight (super tired).....has Davie found two idols or just one? 

We are still waiting for a David to find a second idol per the spoiler, correct?  I'm super tired and may be misremembering.

I had to go back and read the spoiler, because I was getting myself confused.  

MULTIPLE Immunity Idols Are.....discovered by TWO MALE Castaways, in S37; each of them finding TWO. One of these is used in the most shocking elimination of the entire season, in corroboration with a twist that has never been seen in Survivor history.

So far, Dan found two idols, Davey had one, Christian has one, and Nick now has one.  If Christian has to use his idol next week, it's possible he's the second person to find two idols this season, not Davey.  Since all the Davids know Christian has an idol, if he gets voted out with it in his pocket, Davey and Nick seem quick to go idol hunting so it could be Nick that re-finds it.  Idols are used until the final 5?  So time will be running out for one of them to find a second idol, which is why it might make sense next week for Christian's idol to be used (or voted out with him) and then re-hidden.

• Love 2

F3 is an interesting group considering what we know at this moment. I can't imagine what happens. Mike and Nick being aligned late makes sense on some level but I'm not sure where Angelina fits. Possible goat, I suppose. 

I can't see a scenario where Nick doesn't win though, if that is the F3. Mike White just doesn't have the edit. I could be wrong but that would shock me. Angelina at least has been a major character and does have some kind of arc going on. 

Gonna be fun to watch play out.

3 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I’m still scratching my head wondering why Nick was not in on the Carl vote. Maybe that causes him to turn on the remaining Davids?

Christian and Gabby assembled the bare minimum number they need for the Carl vote.  Nick had gotten pretty close with Carl over the course of the two big moves, and they didn't want the word getting back to Carl.

2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Since all the Davids know Christian has an idol, if he gets voted out with it in his pocket, Davey and Nick seem quick to go idol hunting so it could be Nick that re-finds it. 

Pocket Idols are not re-hidden.  Only played idols are.  As it stands, for Davey, Nick, or Christian to find a second idol, either Christian or Nick has to play theirs first.

However, looking at the spoiler in question:

MULTIPLE Immunity Idols Are.....discovered by TWO MALE Castaways, in S37; each of them finding TWO. One of these is used in the most shocking elimination of the entire season, in corroboration with a twist that has never been seen in Survivor history.

This would seem to be referring to the Dan vote and use of the Nullifier.  And what was played along with that?  The Steal-A-Vote.  So, what if the spoiler was mistaken about the nature of one of the advantages, and the Steal was Nick's "First Idol"?

I don't see any of Nick, Mike or Angelina getting an edit that supports them winning. Of all of them Nick comes closest, but it still seems unlikely to me. Davie or (especially) Christian seem much more likely to me. Christian getting the narration of the letters from home seemed very winnery. 

If Angelina wins there's something seriously askew with how the show wants us to see her vs. how we are seeing her. Were we supposed to see that rice play as noble and courageous instead of an obvious and kind of clunky attempt at jury votes? 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

Christian getting the narration of the letters from home seemed very winnery. 

Yeah.  That and them showing both the moments at the first IC and TC of him talking about how this might be his only chance to play the game feel almost like MDMs.

• Love 1

May I ask if anyone knows when we may be able to begin to include the info that:

Alec has been "dis-invited" to the ReUnion Episode?  I'd like to ask if it's OK to discuss or speculate about anything re the reasons why he was dis-invited. Any info you can provide would be most welcome. I would hate to spoil somebody's enjoyment of this show or that episode by disclosing some info that I should not have disclosed.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MissBluxom said:

Alec has been "dis-invited" to the ReUnion Episode?  I'd like to ask if it's OK to discuss or speculate about anything re the reasons why he was dis-invited. Any info you can provide would be most welcome. I would hate to spoil somebody's enjoyment of this show or that episode by disclosing some info that I should not have disclosed.

Anything show related can be discussed in this thread. Everyone in this thread knows Alec is not attending the final and there was some discussion as to why he might be voted out. People were pretty sure that Alec went out early because he is not allowed to attend the finale.

Alec not attending the finale probably should not be discussed outside this thread.

Edited by ProfCrash
10 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Anything show related can be discussed in this thread. Everyone in this thread knows Alec is not attending the final and there was some discussion as to why he might be voted out. People were pretty sure that Alec went out early because he is not allowed to attend the finale.

Alec not attending the finale probably should not be discussed outside this thread.

Thank you. That sounds very reasonable and also very clear.

5 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Christian and Gabby assembled the bare minimum number they need for the Carl vote.  Nick had gotten pretty close with Carl over the course of the two big moves, and they didn't want the word getting back to Carl.

I wonder if they thought they’d lose their trust by doing that?

Nick lost trust by 1) Developing a plan without discussing it with Christian and Gabby (Alec)  2) Developing another plan without discussing it with Christian and Gabby (Alison) and then lying to Gabby about who the vote was for.

Gabby is 100% right, that is not how an alliance behaves when it is on the up and up. Nick demonstrated to Christian that Davie and Carl were more important in the alliance then Christian or Gabby by handling things the way that he did.

So no offense, Christian read the signals correctly, Nick valued Carl and Davie more then Christian and Gabby and effectively cut out Christian from the decision making process. In doing so, he forced Christians hand. Christian could either accept being the fifth person in the alliance, with Angelina being consulted when Christian was not, or he could make a move to try and secure something else. Gabby is tight with Alison, it is reasonable to believe that Gabby, Christian, Alison would be more manageable then being at the bottom of the five.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Ugh.  Based on the preview, Gabby's turning on Christian?  I hope it blows up in her face, but it probably won't.

I would never believe that - not for one second. I would guess it's some editor trying to be "tricky". After all, it is so rare that info shown in a preview actually becomes true.

It would absolutely break my heart if Gabby turned out to be the kind of person who would sell out a close friend for money. Even for a million. I could never believe that about Gabby. Never. Ever. Forget about it!   I know that my nature is such that I would do most anything for big money - as Woody Allen said - for "big bucks".  But I just could never believe such a thing about darling Gabby. Never Never Never! Not ever in a million years would I believe such a thing. Never! How could she ever do such a thing?  If she ever did that, my spirit would be crushed. My faith in my fellow humans would be shattered. Please. Don't make me contemplate such a thing. I swear to you that if anyone was to ever make me contemplate such a thing, I would just lose my faith in people.

This editor best be named "Dickie" and should then be forever known as "Tricky Dickie"

Question for Survivor Historians... has an obvious flipper ever won the game?  I know there are many seasons where there are tribal swaps and things get muddled, but this season seems fairly distinct in that Jeffy is still trying to keep the distinctions alive even when we have 9 people left.  This season does seem like people still feel loyal to their original tribe this far into the game.  Angelina has very blatantly thrown over her Goliath alliance.  She's not even "doing what she had to do" by finding new groups of people to work with.  Her ego was hurt by the two votes cast against her and instead of talking about it and working through it, she just drastically up and packed and went to the other side without discussion.

• Love 2

Alec was reportedly disinvited from the reunion show because he violated his NDA by being active on social media before it was permitted. (He posted a picture of himself with Kara. Are they dating?)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Question for Survivor Historians... has an obvious flipper ever won the game?  I know there are many seasons where there are tribal swaps and things get muddled, but this season seems fairly distinct in that Jeffy is still trying to keep the distinctions alive even when we have 9 people left.  This season does seem like people still feel loyal to their original tribe this far into the game.  Angelina has very blatantly thrown over her Goliath alliance.  She's not even "doing what she had to do" by finding new groups of people to work with.  Her ego was hurt by the two votes cast against her and instead of talking about it and working through it, she just drastically up and packed and went to the other side without discussion.

This got brought up during S30 when Dan Foley repeatedly said flippers never win-and one of the interviews he gave the person corrected him that yes, flippers have won.  I don't think it happens often, but I remember them mentioning Vecepia from Marquesas and Danni from Guatemala, though I can't remember specifics exactly.  

I wonder if next week Angelina will try rallying the remaining Goliaths back up because the numbers are now even-especially if the plan is to oust Christian.  She may figure they learned a lesson messing with her, and now they need her.  Given what I've seen of Angelina, I'm not surprised she just took her ball back and went to play with the kids she didn't like the previous day.  Again, I get it, but I'm not sure it's a good move to say to the jury that you flipped, when it looked like it was out of spite.  I'm sure there was way more to the conversation than what we saw, and if so, the fact that we didn't see it was interesting.

I kind of liken it to Gabby targeting Christian and how she could screw herself, if she targets Christian solely for the game move and because she wants to be seen as the mastermind.  The jury isn't going to be that impressed. 

Pocket Idols are not re-hidden.  Only played idols are.  As it stands, for Davey, Nick, or Christian to find a second idol, either Christian or Nick has to play theirs first.

I never knew that!  So if someone does find another idol, unless that spoiler is wrong, then Christian must play his next week because time is running out for idols.

• Love 1

While I'm sad to see the wheels come off the David juggernaut, I think Christian (and Gabby) just did Nick and Davie a huge favor.  There is always a point when the alliance has to turn on itself, which is extremely risky, and Christian and Gabby just took that whole risk on.   I still would love any one of Nick, Davie, Christian to win, and I do think that Christian had a "winner confessional" this episode, but I think he might have injured himself too much last night by voting out Carl.  We shall see!

I also wouldn't lay bets at this point that Nick didn't know about the Carl vote, his reaction at TC notwithstanding.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Alec was reportedly disinvited from the reunion show because he violated his NDA by being active on social media before it was permitted. (He posted a picture of himself with Kara. Are they dating?)

No idea if they are dating, I have not seen anything on that. He did post the picture when they had been told not to. The general feeling is that more had to happen because posting a single picture is normally not enough to remove someone from the reunion. But there is no indication as to what that might be and his answer on the subject has been vague.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, blackwing said:

Huh?  I see it completely differently. What I saw was three members of the Goliath tribe blatantly throw Angelina under the bus in the previous episode. And yes I am including Alison in that because we all know she would have voted the same as Alec and Kara.  Those three are the ones who flipped and in doing so they showed Angelina that she was completely expendable to them. They didn't care if she had gone home that night or not. She would be an absolute fool to stick with those three now. It would be absolutely hilarious to me if anyone one of them try to accuse her of flipping n them at ftc.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

No idea if they are dating, I have not seen anything on that. He did post the picture when they had been told not to. The general feeling is that more had to happen because posting a single picture is normally not enough to remove someone from the reunion. But there is no indication as to what that might be and his answer on the subject has been vague.

I know several people who have posted a single photo of themself, coming back on the flight home or once they got home. We used to speculate about whoever had lost a lot of weight must have gone far in the game. Now, they feed them so much some of them never lose a pound. Something else must have happened for Alec to totally be excluded. Maybe we’ll find out.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, LanceM said:

Nick's ideal final 4 includes him, Angelina, Mike and Davie. 

So, the way I read this, it was taped after he won the idol and before Carl went home.  He says he's sorry he has to turn on Christian and Gabby  and then unfortunately Carl. 

I'm feeling Nick and Davie were the strongest duo on the island.  According to Nick's Instagram, their team name was Davie+Nick=Dick.  Nick said that one probably wouldn't air which could be why we haven't seen much of it.

I don't think his choice of the other 3 has to do with poor gamesmanship but rather who the jury would pick at the end.   I also think he's referring to all three when he is speaking, but I also "sense" that he wants Davie with him out of loyalty.  Just a feeling, mind you.

If Nick has to take out 3 people from his alliance, he might be down several votes and he doesn't appear to have built strong relationships with the Goliaths on the jury.  I would not be surprised if Angelina takes this thing. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Interesting that Nick thinks that all of the Davids would vote for him to win even if he turns on Christian and Gabby.  Overconfident, or is it that obvious out on the island that Mike and Angelina aren't playing a good game?

Now this rumored final 3 is making more sense, and after the Carl vote and upcoming preview especially.  I think it's a gamble to automatically assume everyone from your former tribe is going to vote for you, especially if you just took two goats to the end (which is what Mike is at this point, but I'm guessing that's what Nick will assume Angelina to be).  Nick has played a somewhat impressive game so I will say he's got that going for him.  While I still fail to see Angelina winning based on her edit, I won't completely rule it out, but I do think Nick has a slight edge.  She may seem well liked now, but this season filmed months ago and everyone has been home getting to know each other. 

Mike might have just burned too many bridges and been too much of a flip flopper to win.  I'd be stunned if he got even one vote.  I can't even really predict who the current jury will vote for, let alone the remaining castaways who will wind up on the jury, but I just don't see him having any support.

Guess I'm finally resigned to the fact Christian isn't going to win :(  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I know several people who have posted a single photo of themself, coming back on the flight home or once they got home. We used to speculate about whoever had lost a lot of weight must have gone far in the game. Now, they feed them so much some of them never lose a pound. Something else must have happened for Alec to totally be excluded. Maybe we’ll find out.

I believe he also wrote “F U” on the picture or in the comments. Alec’s answers to questions regarding the photo have been to accept responsibility and reiterate that he respects the game and Probst, so I suspect that the F U was seen as being disrespectful and led to his boot from the reunion show. Rob C confirmed that Alec will not be at the reunion show.

• Love 2
On 11/28/2018 at 11:11 PM, LadyChatts said:

I'm thinking it's more likely Nick will relish the chance to get out Gabby and Have Christian back 100% with him if he hears that ungrateful idiot is targeting Christian.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Cutty said:

I wouldn't be surprised. She fought harder for him to be saved when he betrayed her in the game before with the Natalia vote but yet Dan who had her back 100% was tossed aside easily.  

In all this speculation I don't see anyone mentioning Allison?  She is still getting sort of a ghost edit but she gets some comments at TC and has won immunity once so.  Would people see her as a goat?  No moves? Low threat, late to go? She is seen as an immunity challenge threat so I suspect shed be targeted before the other women or Mike:)

Personally I think Gabby is the perfect goat not Angelina.  "So Gabby what did you do to deserve to win?"  I ran to Christian, cried and said save me work with me be nice to me!" (multiple times)  "I ran to Allison cried and said save me work with me be nice to me!"  Sorry Miss Bluxom, I suppose getting people to save you as some sort of sympathy lets protect the puppy is some sort of game but its not one I would reward or like watching.  That letter from home certainly seems to have lit her fire though.  I just don't get how she sees herself as some big move maker for the Carl vote when it seems like Christian was the one doing most of the work and her contribution was Carl doesn't like me so he goes next. 

I like what Angelina has written in social media but not on the show which makes me wonder and I get the feeling that she is more well liked by tribe mates than shown.  

Alec was also mentioned in social media posts as extremely well liked and charming.  After the social media thing I thought for sure I didn't like him, the picture makes him look douchey.  But he got a pretty neutral edit so I think if that hadn't happened they might have laid on his charm more.  In the end I was surprised to like him and think he was a decent player. 

I had some question about swing votes (similar to  the question has a flipper ever won).  Swing vote and flipping are pretty similar but not quite and it seems to me that swing voters tend not to make it to the end (which would mean they don't win of course).  Everytime I see a swing voter, one where they get a secret scene talking head where they talking about being the pivot vote  (Mike) and especially where they are saying stuff like "I have the power"  I don't expect them in the final 3.  But I have no data on that:) 

I wonder what Mike is thinking about who he could win against, or whether he realizes he can't win and just wants to play.  He is rich.  So if he played some crazy good game, just a flawless impressive game sure jury would think "you know that was so great to play with him, he really was so impressive his money can't count" but he seems far from that so.

I wonder,  if he made final 3 and just owned up to being the goat?  I don't think thats been done, maybe its not allowed.  I wonder if he'd like to win just to win but more because he wants to play to the end and just have the whole experience? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, marys1000 said:

I had some question about swing votes (similar to  the question has a flipper ever won).  Swing vote and flipping are pretty similar but not quite and it seems to me that swing voters tend not to make it to the end (which would mean they don't win of course).  Everytime I see a swing voter, one where they get a secret scene talking head where they talking about being the pivot vote  (Mike) and especially where they are saying stuff like "I have the power"  I don't expect them in the final 3.  But I have no data on that:) 

There have been several instances where the swing vote has talking-headed that they have the power - in those words - and then been blindsided instead when everyone realised they were playing both sides. So much so that it's kind of expected now.

Curiously, perhaps, I can think of three examples off the top of my head (Christy in Amazon, Cochran in South Pacific(?), and Sarah in Cagayan) and two of those people came back and won in their next season. 

So maybe swing votes/flippers don't win *their* seasons, but sometimes they win eventually. 

• Love 3

I keep seeing references to the rumored F3 of Mike, Angelina and Nick, but really Nick is just speculated to be the third member, there's been no spoilers about him being there. He got a good edit in the first episode of tonight's two-parter but was practically invisible in the second episode. Honestly, before I saw the preview with Gabby targeting Christian I was thinking based on the turn of events tonight, now that Christian and Gabby have abandoned the David alliance in favor of the remaining Goliaths, that Christian would be the David in the F3, not Nick. Davie also got more talking heads tonight than Nick did, but he did win immunity and reward so that's to be expected. I don't recall Davie getting any strategy confessionals like Christian constantly gets. 

I don't know - Christian is such an obvious threat it's hard to see him making it to the end - but he does have an idol and can win immunity challenges. Nick is just so under-edited, I'm having a hard time seeing him as the winner. I hope I'm wrong! I'm still rooting for him (and Davie).

• Love 3

You are correct, Nick being in the final 3 is only speculation at this point. There is no actual spoiler that places him there. It could be Davie for all we know., It could very well be Christian in that final 3 in which in that case he wins 10-0-0.  I feel there are only two possible outcomes for Christian at this point. Either he makes final 3 and wins or he is taken out at F4.  With his edit i see no other placement he could get.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I believe he also wrote “F U” on the picture or in the comments. Alec’s answers to questions regarding the photo have been to accept responsibility and reiterate that he respects the game and Probst, so I suspect that the F U was seen as being disrespectful and led to his boot from the reunion show. Rob C confirmed that Alec will not be at the reunion show.

I had forgotten about that part.  I know that was another reason people speculated Alec had to have been an early boot, was that caption.  I'm wondering if that's just all a coincidence or if something happened in the final days of the game and Alec/Kara were directing that at someone.  I haven't checked it out myself, but another site says Davey had an #UnBanAlec hashtag on his SM accounts.  Despite the fact that Alec was a good game player and likable, decent character, he'd probably still get ignored by Probst anyway.  According to that reddit spoiler, another castaway isn't attending the reunion for leaving Ponderosa early, and it's believed to be Jeremy.  We'll see if that's true.   

What I'm trying to understand is how Caleb was the second person voted off Game Changers and was on his wife's SM in the days before filming even finished but nothing happened to him.

Due to the NDA, the Survivors aren't allowed to associate on social media prior to the show airing.  Alec wrote "Fuck it" on the Instagram post of the pic of him and Kara, which one might assume was him saying he was posting a pic regardless of it not being permitted.  There were also videos posted to Alec's Instagram story, so maybe that played a part in the show being so intent on him being uninvited to the Reunion.  

I like Alec and wish they'd change their mind, but I agree that we probably wouldn't of heard much from him.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Due to the NDA, the Survivors aren't allowed to associate on social media prior to the show airing.  Alec wrote "Fuck it" on the Instagram post of the pic of him and Kara, which one might assume was him saying he was posting a pic regardless of it not being permitted.  There were also videos posted to Alec's Instagram story, so maybe that played a part in the show being so intent on him being uninvited to the Reunion.  

I like Alec and wish they'd change their mind, but I agree that we probably wouldn't of heard much from him.

I'm wondering if there's more to the story that we don't know. I can understand violating the NDA by posting on IG, but IMO, as long as he didn't publish spoilers or anything regarding the finalists, he's still part of the show and shouldn't be excluded at the reunion...because let's face it, Jeff hardly talks to the final 2 or 3, never mind the rest of the cast.

Anyone know if this is the first time a cast member has been uninvited to a reunion show?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Anyone know if this is the first time a cast member has been uninvited to a reunion show?

They sort-of uninvited the entire pre-jury of Caramoan.  The only people on stage at that reunion were the jury (minus a very pregnant Brenda), the F3, and Peachy.  However, all but one of the rest were sitting in the front row of the audience.  And if you've seen Caramoan, you can guess who was the absent one.  He was really the only uninvited guest, but they put the rest of the pre-jury in the audience so as to not call attention to his absence.

Also, looking at the wiki, Vytas was also uninvited from Cambodia.  I forgot about this one, mostly because Vytas was such a non-factor in that season, being the first one out.  He was uninvited due to his shenanigans involving leaving home immediately instead of being part of the pre-Ponderosa, and thus being active on social media while the rest of the season was recording...including a Facebook post about a yoga class he was teaching like a week or two after he actually got back, IIRC.  So he got uninvited for spoilers and possibly a breech of contract.  This would be the most likely parallel to Alec, if it weren't for Alec being a jury member.

• Love 2

If Ang should make it to the FTC, I just hope Alison is also there because I think Alison could eviscerate any and all of Ang's B.S. better than most anyone - except maybe Chris.

Chris seems to do a great job of speaking when he has time to prepare what he's going to say. I don't think I've seen enough of him speaking in response to someone else taking an argumentative stance against him. But I think I've seen a little of that. Remember when he said something to Ang about "I just wanted to make sure that was what you were saying."

The other person who I think could do a real good job in revealing Ang as a selfish and entitled "brat" would be Gabby.  I couldn't hardly believe my ears when she said words to the effect, "We must take some agency in this game."  Wow!  Who speaks like that? She spoke like she was the President or Prime Minister of some country. She spoke as if she had an IQ of 200 or more. Wow! Maybe I just get easily impressed. But that language just knocked me off my chair. I certainly never expected that.

I sure hope that Gabby will not betray Chris.  It's very unlikely that she will - considering where it was we saw that.  But even if she should try, I would hope most people would side with Chris over Gabby. This may be some strange talk for someone who has always professed their love for Gabby. But there is a limit to everything and if you have loved a spouse for many years and all of a sudden, they start beating you, you have to withdraw your love and send them to prison or send them for treatment - whichever is applicable. No one can afford to keep enabling someone who is beating on them.  Forget about it!

I would just hope that what we saw was part of some elaborate deception where Gabby is lashing out at someone else who is trying to get her out and that it backfires and Christian and Gabby live happily ever after.  Oh Lord! Please allow Christian and Gabby to realize they were made for each other and to get married and live happily ever after and raise lots of great Americans with big ears and big brains.  Amen.

Edited by MisterBluxom
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

What I'm trying to understand is how Caleb was the second person voted off Game Changers and was on his wife's SM in the days before filming even finished but nothing happened to him

The rules have been fluid. They seem to have cracked down more the last few seasons. And I think it is harder to crack down on repeat players.