Type keyword(s) to search

S37: Spoilers and Speculation

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Due to the NDA, the Survivors aren't allowed to associate on social media prior to the show airing.  Alec wrote "Fuck it" on the Instagram post of the pic of him and Kara, which one might assume was him saying he was posting a pic regardless of it not being permitted.  There were also videos posted to Alec's Instagram story, so maybe that played a part in the show being so intent on him being uninvited to the Reunion.  

I like Alec and wish they'd change their mind, but I agree that we probably wouldn't of heard much from him.

I like him too, especially sad since in his Ponderosa he said he would love to play again.  
I don't know if its his punishment or what but he sure is toeing the line as well as Carl.  In his Gordon ? interview (I think) he was asked whether he wanted to argue about his 11 letter word as it seemed pretty unfair.  He was all like no no, its fine everything TPTB do is fine.  

Out of the 4 women left I think I would prefer Allison or maybe Kara.  Angelina over Gabby.  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

What I'm trying to understand is how Caleb was the second person voted off Game Changers and was on his wife's SM in the days before filming even finished but nothing happened to him.

Well... Caleb may have signed an NDA, but I doubt his wife did.  :>

• Love 2
On 11/30/2018 at 9:13 AM, marys1000 said:

I like what Angelina has written in social media but not on the show which makes me wonder and I get the feeling that she is more well liked by tribe mates than shown.  

I think Alec summed it up nicely with the Hollywood Reporter. It also lines up with both Lyrsa and Elizabeth had to say.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-david-goliath-double-elimination-recap-tribal-lines-are-blurred-1164512

"Alec: Oh my god, dude. (Laughs.) Dude, it was all in good fun. When I said that, I said it with a smile on my face: "You slime ball!" That was one of the moments where the game really kicked in for me [with all the drama around the Elizabeth vote]. Like, really? Jury management? I didn't even know that existed! (Laughs.) Angelina was great to have around because she was a big target. People were talking about Angelina and, you know better than I do, on Survivor, when people are talking about anyone but you, it's good news. But Angelina was a sweetheart. We had good talks on the beach and we'd like to chill there and watch the sunset or whatever. She wasn't terrible to be with on the beach, but come game time, and every time I saw her talking [to other players], I was like, "Oh god.""

The issue people seem to have with her is how transparently she is playing the game and not with her personally which based on the exit interviews she seems to get nothing but positive comments in that regard.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 4

I find Gabby to be annoying and ridiculous. She was mad at Carl for planning to vote out Allison and lying to her about it while the entire time PLOTTING TO VOTE HIM OUT. Carl may not have told her, but he had zero plans to vote out anyone from his alliance. I 100% believe she'd turn on Christian. I have a real problem with women who cry in order to get their way and in particular white women who cry a lot because it's been shown to be a powerful tool. She's manipulative. 

• Love 6

Gabby did not target Carl until Carl told Christian to lie to Gabby about the vote. Then Gabby said that that was not how an alliance operated and Carl had gone too far in his Godfather ways and organized the vote against Carl. Before that, Gabby was frustrated and unhappy with Carl. He was dictating the vote and talking to the Goliaths before talking to Gabby. She expressed her frustration and she might have, I don’t remember this, said that she wanted Carl to be the first of the Davids gone. But she did not activly target Carl until he lied to her about the Alison vote. 

And Carl has admited that he was targeting Gabby for the vote after Alison in his interviews so blaming Gabby for playing the game the exact same way Carl was is a bit silly.

Carl’s, and Davie and Nick’s, behavior clearly signaled that they saw Gabby at the bottom of their alliance and that she was not trustworthy. They were no longer workign with Gabby. They choose to target the Goliath that Gabby was closest too. Why not target Mike or Kara? Why Alison? Alison was targeted because of her Gabby connection. Gabby read those signs properly and switched the target.

All is fair in Survivor. If Carl wanted to sit in the hammock and tell people how to vote without consulting with his alliance, that was Carl’s perogative. That Gabby figured out where she stood with Carl based on his behavior and flipped the script was her perogative. Maybe Carl should have consulted with his alliancemates and not shunt aside Christian and Gabby. If Carl had not gotten so conficdent, he would still be in the game. Agree to vote out Kara or Nick and target Gabby or Alison the next vote. 

Carl, Davie, and Nick screwed up. Their inactions cost them Carl. Blaming Gabby for beating them at their own game is a bit disingenuous. 

• Love 7

I can't wait for next week.  Things are going the get gnarly.    Seems most would notice the Gabby/Christian and Gabby/Alison relationships.  The previews this season seem to point to the next one out.  If that is the case, and given that Gabby has two visible and strong alliances, it seems she would be the next logical person to go.

Or, maybe Christian.  He's the biggest threat of those who remain and he has an idol.  Perhaps they work to make him use it on Gabby or play it on himself.

• Love 1

From the moment Jeff said "one person must sit out," it turned into a set-up (for the viewers), which is what irked me about it. It was a giant exercise -- in what, I'm not sure -- except that it sucked up 15 minutes of screen time on the planned negotiation offer, Angelina talking about the negotiation other people talking about Angelina talking about the negotiation, Angelina actually negotiating, Jeff's counter-offer, Angelina predictably, humbly accepting the counter-offer, I believe a confessional about how important it was for her story to accept the counter-offer, and then recapping the whole story at tribal.

started to reply in the episode thread, but it might get too spoilery, so moving here.

Just like the editors included the scene of the formation of "strike force" even though nothing official came from that, there's a reason.  Angelina got extra screen time for this, which bodes well if she does make the F3.  perhaps a bit of a redemption arc (to the extent she needs it due to prior editing).

Like 'strike force' was shown maybe because it included Mike and Nick, who also are rumoured to getting to F3.  And if nothing else, all Strike Force members lasted until the F10.  but otherwise, since nothing really came from it, why show it?

Nick: 36 (no eps with 0)
Christian: 34 (no eps with 0)
Angelina: 33 (no eps with 0)
Mike: 31 (1 ep with 0)
Kara: 24 (1 ep with 0)
Gabby: 23 (1 ep with 0)
Davie: 22 (1 ep with 0)
Alison: 14 (3 eps with 0)

From the 'winners edit' thread.  This sure seems to suggest a F3 of Nick, Angelina and Mike, with Christian being the season 'narrator.'

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 1
(edited)

Edited:

I'm honestly up in the air this week who is going to go.  I'm still thinking that it could be Gabby believes it is coming down to her or Christian leaving the game that night, especially with her seen talking to Alison and Kara in the preview (maybe Mike flips again and they are told that it'll be Gabby or Christian that the other side is targeting).  I will be curious what her motive is for that, but I really hope it isn't just to make a move.  Beyond that, I actually don't know, besides Mike/Angelina likely being safe due to the spoiler.  

I am loving this season of Survivor.  Even an Angelina win won't entirely ruin it for me if that happens (though hopefully not).  To be honest even Probst isn't annoying me this time around.  He seems different and like he's actually having fun.  The one thing I enjoyed last week during the negotiation was Probst looking like a kid on Christmas.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Hmm, interesting.  Maybe Davie gets idoled out or Gabby/Christian/Kara/Alison/Mike align against the other 3?  I'm honestly up in the air this week who is going to go.  I'm still thinking that it could be Gabby believes it is coming down to her or Christian leaving the game that night, especially with her seen talking to Alison and Kara in the preview (maybe Mike flips again and they are told that it'll be Gabby or Christian that the other side is targeting).  I will be curious what her motive is for that, but I really hope it isn't just to make a move.  Beyond that, I actually don't know, besides Mike/Angelina likely being safe due to the spoiler.  

I am loving this season of Survivor.  Even an Angelina win won't entirely ruin it for me if that happens (though hopefully not).  To be honest even Probst isn't annoying me this time around.  He seems different and like he's actually having fun.  The one thing I enjoyed last week during the negotiation was Probst looking like a kid on Christmas.  

@Ladychatts - I deleted my post moments after posting it.  I'm not a big social media person and just noticed that the image says Dana Point, California and Davie's headband says Slamtown!  Better eyes than mine would have caught both of these things sooner!  

So, likely not a spoiler after all....

My unhealthy obsession remains, though.

Edited by Jextella
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jextella said:

@Ladychatts - I deleted my post moments after posting it.  I'm not a big social media person and noticed that the image says Dana Point, California and Davie's headband says Slamtown!  Better eyes than mine would have caught both of these things sooner!  

So, likely not a spoiler after all....

Well, it could prove a few things-clearly Davie got close with Alec and John, close enough to actually wear his SlamTown merch.  Now, obviously the show quit filming in May so they've had all these months to be home and get to know each other.  And I believe sooner or later Davie will be making the trek to Ponderosa.  I do think there is something to in game bonding, and Alec/Davie seem pretty close.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Rambling speculations based on spoilers, interviews and talking heads:

If the spoilers are true, Mike and Angelina make F3 and the third spot is taken by a male David.  There are 8 people left and idols typically can only be played up to when the F5 player gets voted out.  That's only 4 more times an idol can be played, and there will be at least 3 to use from now to F5.

From the spoiler, we know one David finds two idols.   Either Christian or Nick has to play their idol so that another can be reintroduced into the game such that a David can find his second idol.  So, either Christian or Nick is on the hot seat - and soon - in order to get that 3rd idol back in the game.

There are still 3 females to get booted - Gabby, Alison, and Kara - two Goliaths and one David who betrayed the Davids.  The demise of these 3 particular players must be coming from a David.  Since Gabby is one who gets booted, I don't think Christian will be considered a David anymore which leaves Nick and Davie, but they need more people.

In one of Nick's YouTube videos, he says he'd like the F3 to be himself, Angelina, and Mike with Davie as F4.  He said he thinks he can beat Angelina and Mike.

This tells me Nick will work to keep all three of these people around.  And, they'll want to stick around so they will work with him.  Their only impediment to getting out Alison, Gabby, and Kara is Christian.  Odds are good Nick, Davie, Angelina, and Mike will do what they can to get Christian to use his idol.  Either Nick or Davie finds it so they will be safe for a bit - long enough to dominate.  Could be one of them wins immunity a time or two as well.

I believe someone said there is a fire-making challenge that determines who takes the 3rd seat in F3.  In an interview with Mike, he said if Angelina and Lyrsa had to compete in a fire-making challenge, Angelina would clean up. Apparently, she's very good at fire-making.  Maybe this is how she makes it to F3 over Davie.  

If the F3 is truly Mike, Angelina, and Nick, Nick will need someone at Ponderosa to narrate his story.  He never had a chance to work much with Elizabeth or the two brochachos or Alec.  Carl is there and can help, but it would be better for Nick's game if Davie was also there to support the story and fill in the gaps.   He's also seen a bit more than Carl, I think. This could be where Nick's game could head south and result in an Angelina win (which has been speculated elsewhere).  He didn't seem to bond with enough Goliaths.  He really needs a voice at Ponderosa.

Davie is a little bit of a wild card in all this because he doesn't currently have an idol.  Could be he goes next but if that's the case, then we know for sure that at least Nick, Angelina, and Mike work together.  They have to.  The only other option would be for Christian to somehow flip on Gabby, but I just don't see that happening.  Although he has made it clear in his videos, his vote against Alec, etc. that he is playing for himself - which Gabby would respect (I think/hope).

I believe Nick is in the driver's seat and will be until F3.  However, based on comments from others - but not spoilers - I have a feeling Angelina will win.  I think the Goliaths will stay Goliath strong in the final vote and I also think Gabby is so disgruntled with the Davids, she'll vote with the other Goliaths.  She may even badmouth Nick at Ponderosa.  I'm not yet sure about Christian, but his loyalty is ultimately with Gabby and so I wouldn't be surprised if he flips at the end too.  Nick will have to handle Christian's betrayal very delicately if he wants his vote.  

On the one hand, it seems Christian really screwed the pooch by turning on the Davids.  Nick and Davie will understand his rationale, but they won't like it.  Christian will have lost their trust forever.  I kinda feel bad for him, actually. 

On the other hand, Christian is a big threat and Nick and Davie would have had to turn on him at some point soon anyway.  In fact, in his interview where he states he'd like the F4 to be him, Angelina, Mike, and Davie, it was clear neither Christian nor Gabby were options anyway.  He doesn't even mention them and this was before the Carl blindside because he does mention Carl as F6.  Clearly, his long-term plans didn't include Christian and Gabby.    There could be reasons, i.e. thinking he might not be able to beat Christian at the end, the need for a David at Pondersa, etc.

I could be oh so wrong in all this, but it makes the most sense to me.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6

I wish to speculate that Davey will be the next player to get voted out. I have no solid reason for this pick. It's really just a guess. If I'm correct, I'll explain how I came to this conclusion after E11 is broadcast. But for the present, I think it will be best to say nothing more.

Oops. I'm sorry but I made a mistake. I forgot about Kara. I have to change my speculation. Not Davey but Kara. Phew. Only 12 hours to go. I'm glad I got this in in time.

Edited by MisterBluxom
OOPS: My Mistake

@MisterBluxom, I'm thinking Kara, too, if my interpretation of the preview (in the Preview thread) is correct. I've been thinking about these mid-season interviews. Could they be giving away who the final 3 are by who is not being interviewed? the thing is, I can't remember who's had an interview and who hasn't, except for Gabby. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

@MisterBluxom, I'm thinking Kara, too, if my interpretation of the preview (in the Preview thread) is correct. I've been thinking about these mid-season interviews. Could they be giving away who the final 3 are by who is not being interviewed? the thing is, I can't remember who's had an interview and who hasn't, except for Gabby. 

Nick had one. And I think Angelina, but I might be making that up. Oh and I believe Mike did as well.

Angelina had the first one, she spent a lot of time on the Jeremy mess. Mike, Nick, Lyrsa and Gabby have had mid season interviews. I suspect we will have one next week from the people who are left, so Christian, Kara or Alison. 

• Love 2

I've often wondered....the final votes are cast while on the island, and months go by before the winner is revealed leaving plenty of time for contestants to share with each other who they voted for.    Winks, nods, etc.  it doesn't need to be done verbally such that rules are broken.

I'm certain that this must get back to the F3 and that their giddiness (if the winner) shows through on social media.    Tone, the frequency of posts, etc.

If this is the case, I'd have to give it to Angelina.  She seems pretty "happy" in general and is active on Twitter.  Nick less so, and Mike is non-existent on Twitter - near as I can tell (I'm not a big social media person).

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

I've often wondered....the final votes are cast while on the island, and months go by before the winner is revealed leaving plenty of time for contestants to share with each other who they voted for.    Winks, nods, etc.  it doesn't need to be done verbally such that rules are broken.

I'm certain that this must get back to the F3 and that their giddiness (if the winner) shows through on social media.    Tone, the frequency of posts, etc.

If this is the case, I'd have to give it to Angelina.  She seems pretty "happy" in general and is active on Twitter.  Nick less so, and Mike is non-existent on Twitter - near as I can tell (I'm not a big social media person).

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

I don't follow any of the Survivors this season that closely on SM, except Christian, but in Angelina's case, I'm not surprised.  Seeing her on the show and what little I've seen of her SM accounts, I think that's just her personality.  She is Tracy Flick, after all ;)  So I don't know if she's giving anything away or not.  SM isn't for everyone, and I know there have been Survivors who were very active on SnapChat and Instagram, less so on Twitter, or vice versa.  There have been Survivors through the years that signed up for a SM account just during their Survivor season and deleted it after.

Looking at the potential jury make up, Angelina's odds aren't bad, because she's going to have a lot of former Goliaths on the jury, plus some Davids that she bonded with.  The only Goliaths Nick had a chance to really bond with before the merge are sitting next to him in the final 3, if that rumor is true.  In addition, he might be seen as someone who did the dirty work or not get recognized for the moves he made.  And Mike is just there for fodder.  I can see Angelina taking a page out of her pal Adam Klein's playbook and constantly interrupt any of the other finalists when they try and make a point to the jury about what they did in the game and either turn it into something bad or try and take the credit away.  I find it humorous that Angelina could win with a not so flattering edit, but I'm starting to lean in that direction.   

I think some Survivors have been resigned to losing before the votes are cast just based on the FTC.  I don't know if they are let in on who voted for them but they might just be able to figure it out based on what the jury is saying. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Well there is a long way to go I'll just add in regards to Angelina, she has been seen to be playing hard since the beginning and has been under threat and survived.  Not someone who was sort of under the radar, with a strong alliance, not really at risk till final 7 or something.  For some people that looms larger in their memories, for others the just the last few big moves........

• Love 2
On 12/1/2018 at 2:25 PM, ProfCrash said:

Gabby did not target Carl until Carl told Christian to lie to Gabby about the vote. Then Gabby said that that was not how an alliance operated and Carl had gone too far in his Godfather ways and organized the vote against Carl. Before that, Gabby was frustrated and unhappy with Carl. He was dictating the vote and talking to the Goliaths before talking to Gabby. She expressed her frustration and she might have, I don’t remember this, said that she wanted Carl to be the first of the Davids gone. But she did not activly target Carl until he lied to her about the Alison vote. 

And Carl has admited that he was targeting Gabby for the vote after Alison in his interviews so blaming Gabby for playing the game the exact same way Carl was is a bit silly.

Carl’s, and Davie and Nick’s, behavior clearly signaled that they saw Gabby at the bottom of their alliance and that she was not trustworthy. They were no longer workign with Gabby. They choose to target the Goliath that Gabby was closest too. Why not target Mike or Kara? Why Alison? Alison was targeted because of her Gabby connection. Gabby read those signs properly and switched the target.

All is fair in Survivor. If Carl wanted to sit in the hammock and tell people how to vote without consulting with his alliance, that was Carl’s perogative. That Gabby figured out where she stood with Carl based on his behavior and flipped the script was her perogative. Maybe Carl should have consulted with his alliancemates and not shunt aside Christian and Gabby. If Carl had not gotten so conficdent, he would still be in the game. Agree to vote out Kara or Nick and target Gabby or Alison the next vote. 

Carl, Davie, and Nick screwed up. Their inactions cost them Carl. Blaming Gabby for beating them at their own game is a bit disingenuous. 

This is not true. Gabby was already planning to vote out Carl before Christian told her about Carl's plan. She had already recruited the Goliaths for that purpose. I'm not "blaming" Gabby for beating them at their own game, i'm pointing out her hypocrisy. She said that her alliance wasn't real becaues they were going to lie to her while the entire time she had already hatched a plan to vote out Carl. If you don't believe me, rewatch the episode. She started plotting on him right away because she didn't like his behavior from the previous vote. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Love 4

So I guess tonight's episode, and next week's preview of Mike warning Nick about the vote being against him (possibly), means that the final 3 likely is going to be Nick/Angelina/Mike.  At least now it is making more sense.  

Christian's idol will get re-buried, and there's 2 (3?) more TC to use idols, so we'll see who finds it.  Christian basically knows his game is screwed at this point, and he has no one so he needs that protection.  But Davie and Nick are early risers when it comes to idol hunts.  We'll see if someone else beats them all to it.  If Christian doesn't go next week, I'm leaning towards Alison or Davey.

• Love 1

So I guess he only question remains is it going to be Nick or Davie sitting in the final 3 with Mike and Angelina.  Davie was not aboard with that final four so the question remains is he able to take Nick out.  I am going to say no.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Has anyone seen the schedule for the rest of this season?

I was looking too but didn't look super hard!  I think I read quickly somewhere that next week (12/12) is a normal week and the last episode + finale will be the following week (12/19).

----

I had a theory all built up that Nick would be in the driver's seat of this thing going forward but it was largely based on Christian and Gabby staying together.  It all went out the window.  I'd be satisfied with any of Nick, Davie, or Christian going to F3 but I *really* want Nick there because I think he's earned it the most.

I'd have to rewatch the season and everyone's role in votes, but without an eagle eye and good memory, I don't see why Christian is perceived as a threat other than he is extremely well-liked by just about everyone.   He orchestrated the Carl vote with Gabby and won an immunity, but I think Nick's and Davie's "resumes" (a tired word by now) are far more extensive.

What am I missing?  Why are people failing to see Nick and Davie as threats?  They must think they can beat them at F3 but I don't understand why that is.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2

What am I missing?  Why are people failing to see Nick and Davie as threats?  They must think they can beat them at F3 but I don't understand why that is.

I think it's a case that everybody's a threat at this point. Kara and Alison both have friends on the jury (it sounds like even Carl and Kara got close at one point.) Then you have Christian. So I can kind of understand from Mike and Angelina's perspectives why they might want to go to the end of the game with Nick and Davie. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

I think Christian is seen as the big target because of his social game. Alison is a big target, I am sure that there is a good reason for this and we simply have not been shown what she is doing that makes her a threat.

I think we are seeing more of what Nick and Davie are doing then the players did during the game. I strongly suspect that Nick and Davie and Carl are given joint credit for the various moves that they made. Which means that the players would be seeing it as a David thing and not a Davie thing. Nick's talking heads this week underscore that. Nick says that we helped save Christian on several occasions. As such, they are not seen as individual threats and easier to deal with at final tribal. We are seeing the talking heads and realizing that Nick and Davie made individual decisions to give Christian a heads up about the upcoming vote but that is less known by the people out there.

As for the figuring out the final three discussion: TPTB have given us a good amount of information that can lend some light on the final three. You don't need spoilers to make an educated guess as to who the final four is. The final three is a bit more tricky because of the fire making challenge.

Kara and Alison are shown but never in a particularly important strategic way. Kara and Alison always seem to be on the wrong side of the vote. And when they are on the right side of the vote, like the Carl vote, it is because the Davids did something, not because of anything Alison or Kara did. We don't see any footage of the two of them forming alliances or belonging to an alliance. We saw Alison talking about making moves, then not making moves, then understanding that her lack of making moves hurt her game. That type of edit does not scream final tribal.

Angelina has been getting a goat edit for a while now. She was the target at the merge because she was seeing as playing too transparently and too hard. She was accepted by the Davids because they knew she would vote with them since the Goliaths had targeted her. Enough time has been spent on Angelina that it would make sense for her to end up in the finals. She has done a great job of highlighting her own game play (rice negotiations) and owning up the her less stellar game play (jacket, idol play, Elizabeth jury management). We have seen her alliance making attempts. Unlike Kara and Alison, we have seen Angelina's game play. It might not have been the most successful, but we have seen it.

We have seen Mike's game play. We have seen the relationship with Nick, how they fell apart, and now, how they came back together. We have seen Mike try and keep the Goliath's together and be the middle man for several votes. It is not stellar game play but we have been seen it. Again, unlike Kara and Alison.

Obviously we have seen Davie, Nick's and Christian's game play. Christian has a large target on his back and will need to win immunity, or find another idol, to make it to the final. No one wants to sit next to Christian in the finals. They know it. He knows it. We know it. It is not hard to see Christian going out before the final tribal.

Davie and Nick can easily make the final tribal. Nick probably has a better chance because he has a longer relationship with Angelina and Mike. The three of them worked together to remove Natalie and Lyrsa. We just saw Nick and Mike reforming the Rockstars. It might be words but that relationship is long standing. We have not seen Davie working with Mike and Angelina. Yes, Angelina worked with Davie and Carl and Nick to vote for Alec and Alison but we have not seen one on one conversations between Angelina/Mike and Davie while we have seen those conversations with Nick.

It is very possible that Kara and Alison make it into the final tribal but that would be surprising because of their edit. The sad thing is that I can see evidence that Kara and Alison did far more then we have seen only because Alison is seen as a threat and Kara seems to be someone that people are comfortable talking to. I wouldn't say that they have gotten a Purple Kelly edit, they have both been shown talking to people and playing but they have not been shown as effective.

• Love 6

I don't think Alison actually is a big threat-I think it's that she always seems like easy pickings. It's easy to throw her name out and people say - sure. But then she always eludes the axe-and it chops someone who actually IS a bigger threat, so far! 

I think maybe Nick and Davy are not seen as big threats because they are very good at keeping relatively quiet and playing the game. I'm trying to think if either of them has had the "big moves/resume" talking head? I don't think so? They're not trying to be flashy about it, but they are getting it done.

Edited by Heathrowe
  • Love 6

That reward challenge final 4 just seems like final 4 final 4 to me, no particular good reasons or spoilers.    Final 3 I don't know.  Angelina and Mike (2 Goliaths, 1 woman) and Nick or Davie.  Is there something about 2 idols?  Does that make it...uh Davie?    

3 hours ago, Special K said:

They had some footage this episode of somebody really quickly/easily making a fire -- was it Angelina or Alison?  Anyway, it seemed like maybe foreshadowing to me?

It was Alison, but in an interview of Mike, he mentions that Angelina is good at fires.  I would enjoy a fire-making showdown between these two.  They seem have been a bit at odds the entire season and I think it would be hysterical.

• Love 2

I am going to be bummed when Christian leaves. I think he brought a lot of it on himself with the Carl vote. If he still had the trust of Nick, maybe Nick, Christian and Gabby or Davey would have been the final 3. Again, as we all agree, Christian is a huge threat and he may have been voted out regardless.

• Love 2

I think Davie said in one of his interviews that when he got selected he practiced making fire in his yard.  Hope he kept it up on the island.  I think latching on to certain chores

early is almost as important as alliances.  Water (idol search), firewood (idol search), making fire (practice) fishing (secret talks with other cast mates).  Women tend to get stuck cooking and cleaning which doesn't allow for game play 

There is a certain amount of luck involved in fire too.  

• Love 1
On 12/6/2018 at 9:36 AM, Heathrowe said:

I don't think Alison actually is a big threat-I think it's that she always seems like easy pickings. It's easy to throw her name out and people say - sure. But then she always eludes the axe-and it chops someone who actually IS a bigger threat, so far! 

Alison is this season’s YeahBut - as in:

”Alison would be an easy vote out tonight.”

”Yeah - but ....”

;)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

There was a spoiler about 2 people finding 2 idols each (or something similar), so Davie, Nick, or Christian will be finding anther idol at some point.

I can't wait for this Wednesday to see which of the 3 find it.

35 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

In one of Gabby's exit interviews, she mentions that Alison was a threat in the game.

Alison hasn't been shown to do much that is stupendous near as I can tell, but the thing is, she seems to come close to things often.  She either dodges bullets a la Christian or gets close to winning challenges.  Plus in last week's episode, she was seen starting a fire rather easily.

...speaking of....I wonder if that scene is foreboding for her in the F3 fire-making contest.  

• Love 2

Yes you have to remember what they see out there isn't the same a we see with the big difference of course being we get to hear the players private thoughts in confessionals. They don't. So yeah I can see how Alison could be seen as a threat out there.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Jextella said:

So, I'm wondering.....what happens to the F3?  Do they go to Ponderosa or are they kept separate from those on Ponderosa?

They go to Ponderosa, and usually they all leave the next day.  However, they don't do a Ponderosa video for the final 3 anymore :(  

21 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

They go to Ponderosa, and usually they all leave the next day.  However, they don't do a Ponderosa video for the final 3 anymore :(  

Thanks @Ladychatts!  So, I can't help but believe the winner knows who the winner is at that time (assuming they are allowed to talk with one another...if not, body language would do the trick)!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LanceM said:

Yes you have to remember what they see out there isn't the same a we see with the big difference of course being we get to hear the players private thoughts in confessionals. They don't. So yeah I can see how Alison could be seen as a threat out there.

Could be.  Thing is, though: if anybody truly viewed Alison as a threat, why was she constantly being passed over for other targets?  ;)

That’s why I earlier referred to Alison as a YeahBut; for the last few episodes somebody always starts out with, “We should go after Alison next” - to which another player always replies, “Yeah, but so-and-So would be a MUCH better target this time around”.  And everybody else always agrees, leaving Alison safe for yet another TC.

Despite whatever may be ending up on the cutting room floor, Alison’s constantly being passed over for more attractive targets impresses me as the hallmark of a middle-of-the-pack player at best.

• Love 2

So I interrupted the spoiler abut having two idols as two players having two idols at the same time.  I guess I was just assuming that it would be Nick since he has one now.  The same way that Dan had two at the same time.  

11 hours ago, Jextella said:

Thanks @Ladychatts!  So, I can't help but believe the winner knows who the winner is at that time (assuming they are allowed to talk with one another...if not, body language would do the trick)!

I think most of them do know who won. They can't be 100% sure, but they probably have a strong suspicion. Unless they're Russell lol. ETA: This reminds me, are the jury members not allowed to tell each who they voted for? I think that's a thing. Although, again, I'm sure they all pretty much know, so it's a stupid rule anyway.

1 hour ago, Clare said:

So I interrupted the spoiler abut having two idols as two players having two idols at the same time.  I guess I was just assuming that it would be Nick since he has one now.  The same way that Dan had two at the same time.  

Oh, that could be. I actually do think it'll be Nick who finds another one, but I didn't even think about how the spoiler could mean the person would have 2 at the same time.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think most of them do know who won. They can't be 100% sure, but they probably have a strong suspicion. Unless they're Russell lol. ETA: This reminds me, are the jury members not allowed to tell each who they voted for? I think that's a thing. Although, again, I'm sure they all pretty much know, so it's a stupid rule anyway.

Oh, that could be. I actually do think it'll be Nick who finds another one, but I didn't even think about how the spoiler could mean the person would have 2 at the same time.

The jury members are not allowed to tell people how they voted. I suspect that is regularly ignored. I suspect that most members of the jury know how they are voting before the final tribal and that all the others know as well. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

The jury members are not allowed to tell people how they voted. I suspect that is regularly ignored. I suspect that most members of the jury know how they are voting before the final tribal and that all the others know as well. 

Yea, I agree. Even if they don't outright tell each other, which I personally think they probably do, they all know exactly what's gonna happen. I think it's likely rare for the votes to not be all sewn up pre-FTC.

Does anyone know where the rumor that Angelina wins came from? I think you originally posted it, @LadyChatts, do you know who posted it and how reliable they are?

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does anyone know where the rumor that Angelina wins came from? I think you originally posted it, @LadyChatts, do you know who posted it and how reliable they are?

@LADYCHATTS likely knows more than me, but I read on another board a speculation - not spoiler - that Angelina wins.

I don't recall details but it was something about Jeff/Survivor not playing up the David vs. Goliath concept beyond what we see on the show and that he has to be on the down-low because a Goliath wins and it will piss people off.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1