Type keyword(s) to search

S37: Spoilers and Speculation

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

The only time I know of sanctions was Vytas being un-invited from the reunion.  

I kind of doubt CBS leaked it.  I think there are 'friends' of players who recognize a chance to make a buck and would tattle to TMZ in a second.  

(edited)

It could have even been someone who played this season with them that wasn’t particularly fond of them.  

I had forgotten about Vytas being uninvited from the reunion.  Yeah, he was posting on SM which I always thought was a FU to the show for his early ouster.  So maybe that was Alec’s motive.

Edited by LadyChatts

Didn't Vytas also skedaddle out of Cambodia on the first flight?  I thought that was childish.  

8 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Didn't Vytas also skedaddle out of Cambodia on the first flight?  I thought that was childish.  

Yes.  Shirin said when she went to pre jury Ponderosa 3 days later he was already gone.  His claim was he wanted to get home and be with his son, who I believe was only a year old at the time.  To be fair, he wouldn’t be the first pre juror to request to go home.  Brad Culpepper did during BvsW.  However, Vytas was commenting on photos on his IG account and supposedly took a vacation-without the child he claimed he needed to get home to.

Vytas also posted on his own FB page that he was having a yoga class on what would have been the last day of filming.

Oddly, Caleb was active on SM when he was taken out of KR and I believe was voted off GC (it was his joint Snapchat account with his wife; he was seen in snaps).  Yet no consequences for him. 

5 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Oddly, Caleb was active on SM when he was taken out of KR and I believe was voted off GC (it was his joint Snapchat account with his wife; he was seen in snaps).  Yet no consequences for him. 

CBS is obsessed with Caleb for some reason I personally can not understand.

• Love 2

Hah, John "Morrisson" or whatever last name he will go by could be interesting challenge-wise. He was "taken out" by someone in his current wrestling show and not seen from or mentioned for some time. I guess this explains where he was as he was featured tonight in the "Reunion" These kind of 'breaks' are wrestling parlance for 'side project break' or 'major surgery'. Kinda funny actually.

(edited)

When I first heard David and Goliath on the reunion show I guess for some reason I thought about background, poor background vs. rich background.  Poor background who had succeeded and rich background who had succeeded.   Which made it a social experiment (somthing I think Peacy just loves).  But now I guess its just whether you are a big shot of some kind?  I'm not sure how being a cop makes you a David?  

I will say that I think many very successful top of the rung people (1) are a little sociopathic/ruthless by nature and (2) being raised by top of the rug people to be a top of the rung person is a definate advantage re confidence and ruthlessness.  

Mike White didn't strike me that way though so I googled him (I really liked Enlightened) wow re his father

White is the son of Lyla Lee (née Loehr), a fund raising executive, and Reverend Dr. Mel White (James Melville White), a former speechwriter and ghostwriter for Religious Right figures such as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.[2] White is openly bisexual.[3] His father came out as gay in 1994.[4]

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, Special K said:

Totally unfair, but Nick Wilson looks like a self-aggrandizing twerp to me, in the Bradley mold.

See I was getting serial killer vibe from him and I immediately felt bad for thinking that way.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I already hate the Goliath tribe and whatever girl it was with the TH.  May she be a first out.

That did feel like an "overconfident; pride goeth before a fall" kind of TH.  So, maybe.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

https://youtu.be/07FjeuGPC6A

Here is the first two minutes of the new season.  I already hate the Goliath tribe and whatever girl it was with the TH.  May she be a first out.

ETA: I think it might be Angelina?  If so I already didn't like her.

Yeah, she (Angelina?) can go ahead and piss up a rope.

4 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I think I may skip this season altogether.

If Team David starts looking ripe for a Pagonging, I’ll probably be out the door right behind you.  :P

• Love 1

I just felt excited for the new season! I've been so wrapped up in Big Brother I almost forget about Survivor starting until I see the commercials on Big Brother. The theme doesn't bother me too much since it will be forgotten about as players get into the competition and they'll remember only in their talking heads or when Jeff reminds them. I'm curious to see who's on what team.

• Love 1

I think I may skip this season altogether.

If Team David starts looking ripe for a Pagonging, I’ll probably be out the door right behind you.  :P

I can only hope that Goliath tribe lady is foreshadowing to at least them losing the first challenge.  And if she's any indication how that tribe will be as a whole and how the season will go-yeah, it's going to be a looooooong season.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Special K said:

How is Mike White on the Goliath tribe.  I'm a fan of his, but please.

As much sense as it makes for an MMA fighter to be on the David tribe.  Most of the tribe break down this season makes zero sense.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Special K said:

How is Mike White on the Goliath tribe.  I'm a fan of his, but please.

It's not about being physically imposing. This isn't Brains vs Brawn. It's more Blue Collar vs White Collar. Underdogs vs Privileged. People who have been in control or had easy success vs people who have struggled to get where they are. It's been pretty clear in all the media. 

Why are people questioning why player x is on this tribe or why player y is on this tribe?  Haven't we learned through season after season of these lames themes that Jeff just put players where he wants to place them and then comes up with some lame justification why he did it (a justification that usually makes no sense at all)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Wings said:

I spent too much time thinking about how this could be accomplished.  :> 

I love urban dictionary:

"piss up a rope"
sl. 
1) a futile act 
2) a not-so-subtle way of asking someone to go away and not come back for a while.

"go piss up a rope, loser."

• Love 1
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

I love urban dictionary:

"piss up a rope"
sl. 
1) a futile act 
2) a not-so-subtle way of asking someone to go away and not come back for a while.

"go piss up a rope, loser."

Yes.  I knew what Nashville and that expression meant.  I took it literally, to be silly.  ;>

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Okay, then - my vocabulary is older.  And probably filthier.  ;)

You wouldn't say that if you heard me earlier this week.  We're dealing with some roof repairs, and I made my opinion known on something.  Hubby and contractor totally ignored my request . . . even though it was the smartest option they were considering when discussing where to put roof shingles until they were needed.  They not only ignored my specific direction, they chose another option which was even less acceptable.  Suffice it to say that neither of them will ever make that mistake again.  I didn't realize that they had not only ignored my request, but had done something we had not discussed until the contractor had left our house.  Suffice it to say that I was not saying "Please" when I told hubby that the contractor needed to come back and do what I originally told them BOTH what I wanted done.  Had they listened to me the first time, it would have saved us all a lot of effort . . . and I would not have had to wash my mouth out with soap.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mikewho said:

That's something I've always appreciated about you. ;)

My father was a former drill sergeant, and he taught me well.  When we were working on cars together my mother wouldn’t come outside, and I had people in college offer to pay me for lessons.  :>

• Love 1

Looking back a bit at one of the spoilers for this season, things are even more interesting.

Per the TMZ article, two contestants violated their NDA with an Instagram post.  Kara, the female contestant in the season's showmance, and Alec, who is not the male half.  There was an assumption that these two had "connected" on Survivor, but evidence in the first episode seems to contradict that.  So any connection between them is either platonic, or grew post-Survivor, or she "changes alliances" during the season.

In any case, only he got the brunt of the consequences; getting voted out of the Reunion.  But she did not.  Perhaps it's the showmance with Dan that saved her.  (Even though I think he also violated his NDA...)

While looking back, I spotted a couple of posts that compared Nick to Bradley.  Good call.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SVNBob said:

In any case, only he got the brunt of the consequences; getting voted out of the Reunion.  But she did not. 

I had seen some wondering if that possibly suggests that she has a bigger part in the season than he does and therefore it would be harder to cut her from the reunion.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Looking back a bit at one of the spoilers for this season, things are even more interesting.

Per the TMZ article, two contestants violated their NDA with an Instagram post.  Kara, the female contestant in the season's showmance, and Alec, who is not the male half.  There was an assumption that these two had "connected" on Survivor, but evidence in the first episode seems to contradict that.  So any connection between them is either platonic, or grew post-Survivor, or she "changes alliances" during the season.

...or occurred post-tribal-merge.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I had seen some wondering if that possibly suggests that she has a bigger part in the season than he does and therefore it would be harder to cut her from the reunion.

Hence my speculation that the showmance with Dan saved her.  If that actually becomes a relevant story....

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

...or occurred post-tribal-merge.

Alec, Kara, and Dan are all on the Goliath tribe already.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Frankly, I didn’t care enough to go back and check before posting - but still, my bad.  ;)

I had to look the two of them up on the Survivor Cast page to tell them a part. I thought Alec was Dan, only because Dan was wearing a flowered shirt that did not fit my stereotype of a SWAT Cop.

FWIW, since we're lacking spoilers this season, some interesting things coming from Survivor Sucks and Clubs that Suck (all citing the same reddit poster).  This person correctly predicted a medevac in the first ep, said it would be a male, and said how it would happen.  They also said that someone on Goliath finds two idols, one is discovered by a male tribemate, and this person uses the idol to save someone (and that this person makes the final 3).  It's also been said that another male finds two idols this season as well; one is supposedly used in the most shocking elimination of the season along with a twist that same boot (not sure if it was confirmed or speculation but I had seen on these sites that an idol play can get cancelled out by someone, leaving the votes that were cancelled out as is).  In addition to Alec someone else is not attending the reunion for quitting and going home pre-merge (not sure if the person actually quits or is voted out and pulls a Vytas).

John makes the merge, and one of Dan/Mike/Jeremy makes the final 3.  According to the reddit poster, the final 3 is 2 men, 1 female.  

We'll see if this all pans out!

• Love 2

How come today's episode is already available on streaming sites? I know who goes home tonight.  Do you all want to know who goes home tonight? I know this is a spoiler thread but I'm still reluctant to say unless asked.

Edited by Vicky8675309
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

How come today's episode is already available on streaming sites? I know who goes home tonight.  Do you all want to know who goes home tonight? I know this is a spoiler thread but I'm still reluctant to say unless asked.

What streaming sites?

I know one season awhile back had that night's episode uploaded prematurely but I think it was taken down almost immediately.

ETA: judging by the episode title and description (as well as last week's preview), I am hoping that all points to a Goliath loss.

Edited by LadyChatts
30 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

What streaming sites?

I know one season awhile back had that night's episode uploaded prematurely but I think it was taken down almost immediately.

ETA: judging by the episode title and description (as well as last week's preview), I am hoping that all points to a Goliath loss.

streaming sites that host 3rd party links.....I'm not sure if I am allowed to post them here (plus I don't want them reported and taken down). It sounds like the episode got leaked early and uploaded. Yes, the Goliaths lose. Do you want to know who goes home?

Just now, Vicky8675309 said:

streaming sites that host 3rd party links.....I'm not sure if I am allowed to post them here (plus I don't want them reported and taken down). It sounds like the episode got leaked early and uploaded. Yes, the Goliaths lose. Do you want to know who goes home?

Wow, that's interesting.  If you want to DM rather than post it here, you can do that.  There's really only one person I want to survive on that tribe so hopefully she's not the one getting booted.