Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E13: Czechmate

• Start Topic

When one player is blindsided, a surprising new vendetta is formed; players compete in the high octane challenge, "Outside the Box" which will determine who is moving on to the Finals.

Leroy, stfu. Sorry but your entitlement is off the charts, Johnny really has rubbed off on him. JC dude, you never go in and it should be your time to go in, don't get all pissed and say none of them should say his name, it is a game, your name is always going to be thrown around. Just wow. Personally, I have never thought Leroy to be that strong. He rides the coat tails of his alliances. Be smart Cara, shut up Leroy. Entitlement so much and saying about rookies, excuse me, just because they are rookies doesn't mean shit. That is why the entitlement with the vets pisses me off.

The troika should have been the top three contenders each time,  not the shit that has happened. Hey Challenge, I think you need to change a few things. 

• Love 14

Didn’t love his attitude but I’m happy Leroy won. Best unintentionally funny moment: Zach’s awkward shuffle for if he should go hug Leroy after his win when he was clearly full of rage and happiness. Kailah beat him to it so he just scooted backwards. It made me literally lol.

I hope this last final is actually grueling. None of these carnival games, chug a beer, swing from this trapeze over a lake crap the other seasons have pulled. I want people crying from exhaustion and pain, dangit! Like the good old days. 

Pulling for Zach who was somehow pulling off the flourescent pink hoodie look quite well. 

Commentary definitely suffered with the loss of Jemmye and Devin. But we know they’ll be back in another soon. I also hope they bring back more old schoolers like Brad, Darrell, etc. in future seasons. But this new cast of folks from other reality shows weren’t the worst. Much better than the recent AYTO castoffs. But they set the bar very, very low so that’s not saying much. 

• Love 4

That was crazy. I both felt bad for and annoyed by Leroy. His whole speech was basically "I'm a vet and I'm entitled to coasting all the way to the end." Tony's decision to not save Leroy was bullshit but Leroy going after Cara Maria that way was also complete bullshit. Sorry she decided to save the guy she's fucking instead of you. But acting like she was some dumb slut because she didn't bend over backwards for you for was crap. I don't have an issue with her picking Kyle.

If Leroy is so mad about rookies making their way into a finale doesn't count for Kam then? Or when Leroy was a rookie and got into a finale either?

Pissed that in the previews for next week fucking Johnny is back again. Like they just couldn't keep him out? Ugh.

• Love 13

Man, Leroy's mad eyes were scary! They got very dark! He is usually quite happy looking.  I agree that it was stupid of him to be mad.  It is just a game. 

I am glad Brad is gone.  

Kyle is hilarious in the talking heads.  He probably has kids out there, lol! 

• Love 4

Wow, we got rid of a lot of dead weight. Devin loses, so you know Johnny's erection is going to last linger than four hours. Jemmye fails to make yet another final. Nelson goesout due to poor wall-dodging. Brad gets bounced by Leroy, who was about as angry as I've seen him (re: reasonably so). And thanks to Laurel getting the job done as a Mercenary, Kam and Nicole (irony!!) get their tickets punched for the final, joining Cara Maria and Kailah. I think four is the record for most Challengers ousted in an episode. I can't recall five.

Seriously, it's a bit of a shame Devin failed to reach the final after his greatest wish came true. The feeling is offset by him being a prick, though. He's still going to be AYTO Wes to me . . . a guy that thinks too highly of his intelligence who usually goes over the cliff, slamming into the canyon ground below.

Nice final mission, though I would've had the points for the "walls" go higher the further down the course that the trucks rushed. Also a bit cool that the better players got a second shot at a higher speed. In my head, Marty McFly was all, "Lets see how you bastards handle 90!"

Leroy did come off as entitled . . . but he's still not a raging dick about it. He'll cuss out Tony and Cara Maria, but that's as far as it goes. I'll admit that watching the Ring get explained that I figured Brad would win. His knocking the wall down helped, but Leroy got the win to survive. At this point, I just want him to win once.

Is the finale next week, or did it come in two parts? And, of course, Johnny is there. What, is Teege going to eliminated the people who slurp upon him the least? Per the After Show:

Spoiler

Johnny and Melissa will be acting as Mercenaries. I have to agree with Laurel about Melissa qualifying for that position.

ETA; I got corrected on Facebook; Jemmye made the finale of Rivals II with Camila.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I've always rooted for Cara, but I couldn't be more disappointed in her voting with her vag.  At this point, I almost wish that she would be forced to pair up with Kyle and lose.

Tony should have been honest and said he thought he'd have a better chance against Kyle.

Weren't they already told that only one person would win?  Why do the girls assume they need a strong guy?  In recent memory the partners rotate anyway, so why keep in the strongest guy Zac?

Good for LeRoy.  I didn't think he stood a chance against roided out Brad.

Rooting against Kyle because he would only spend his winnings on more plastic surgery and getting drunk.  What a loser.

• Love 3

If you believe Leroy, (which I do cause I like him), he wasn’t mad because he was voted in.  He was mad that people who considered to be his friends didn’t give him any heads up.  Cara apologized for that on the aftershow and Leroy seems to have no hard feelings.

Does Tony not want to be on any other Challenges.  Who would want to be in alliance with him or take him at his word now?

Also what did Zach mean when he said good luck explaining his behavior on the show to his ex-girlfriend (I think that’s what I heard)

• Love 5

Leroy is such an entitled prick. He hasn’t done fuck all the whole game and he never really does much. Just rides off the coattails of others. I’m activeley rooting against Leroy in the final.

I’m hoping Zach wins. And for girls I’ll root for Kailah.

Tony for 2nd place.

Leroy for dead last please.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, UGAmp said:

Didn’t love his attitude but I’m happy Leroy won. Best unintentionally funny moment: Zach’s awkward shuffle for if he should go hug Leroy after his win when he was clearly full of rage and happiness. Kailah beat him to it so he just scooted backwards. It made me literally lol.

I hope this last final is actually grueling. None of these carnival games, chug a beer, swing from this trapeze over a lake crap the other seasons have pulled. I want people crying from exhaustion and pain, dangit! Like the good old days. 

Pulling for Zach who was somehow pulling off the flourescent pink hoodie look quite well. 

Commentary definitely suffered with the loss of Jemmye and Devin. But we know they’ll be back in another soon. I also hope they bring back more old schoolers like Brad, Darrell, etc. in future seasons. But this new cast of folks from other reality shows weren’t the worst. Much better than the recent AYTO castoffs. But they set the bar very, very low so that’s not saying much. 

I caught the Zach shuffle as well and I cracked up about it.  

One TH of Zach's that kind of annoyed me was when he said Leroy should have been voted into the finals based purely on his veteran status.  Well if one were to go by that logic then Brad should have been the one in the finals because his original RW season was before Leroy's.  I do not agree with that logic but a case could be made for Brad if you're looking at it that way.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, toodywoody said:

Leroy, stfu. Sorry but your entitlement is off the charts, Johnny really has rubbed off on him. JC dude, you never go in and it should be your time to go in, don't get all pissed and say none of them should say his name, it is a game, your name is always going to be thrown around. Just wow. Personally, I have never thought Leroy to be that strong. He rides the coat tails of his alliances. Be smart Cara, shut up Leroy. Entitlement so much and saying about rookies, excuse me, just because they are rookies doesn't mean shit. That is why the entitlement with the vets pisses me off.

The troika should have been the top three contenders each time,  not the shit that has happened. Hey Challenge, I think you need to change a few things. 

Yeah like I have said before I like Leroy, he comes across as a nice guy and all.  However, as we saw with last season (Or was it the season before?  These seasons all start to blend together.) whenever his name is up for elimination he gets pissed and comes across as very entitled.  It is almost as if he is owed a free ride to the finals.

Edited by BK1978
Because I left of the e in one.
  • Love 4

I'm sorry but I cannot stand Leroy. He is so entitled and hasn't done shit to earn it, besides being on 8/9 seasons. He is a mediocre performer who attempts to ride Johnny's coattails on every challenge they're on together. He reminds me of Laterrian from way back when. He has the makeup of a complete athlete, but he's pathetically unimpressive. I believe that Tony probably thought Kyle would be easier to beat in a final, but I'd also be angry at the way he approached the troika. He basically threatened all of them to save him. That would piss me off. Cara can vote whatever she wants. ITS A GAME! You play your own game. Leroy came off so childish. You know it's bad when Tony comes out looking like the mature one.

It was nice to see a troika with two women. And on that note, Leroy, the reason Zach was saved was because he was outnumbered. Cara and Kailah weren't going to vote him in. 

• Love 7

I like Leroy, but if he doesn’t want to go in to the ring, he could, you know, win challenges. I mean, I'm assuming his thing getting stuck on the rig was his fault because he would have been given a do-over if it was faulty equipment, yeah?

I agree with Zach that Brad’s behavior was gross, but I think Zach needs to not talk about another man’s kids.  Also, I am beyond tired of hearing about Tony’s kids.  You’re not the only one with a family, dude.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Yeah like I have said before I like Leroy, he comes across as a nice guy and all.  However, as we saw with last season (Or was it the season before?  These seasons all start to blend together.) whenever his name is up for elimination he gets pissed and comes across as very entitled.  It is almost as if he is owed a free ride to the finals.

He's been doing this every season since his 2nd or 3rd one.  Once he became part of the Up Johnny's Butt squad, he's been straight coasting and under the impression that his name should never be called and he should never see an elimination.  As much as I dislike John, the one thing he's always said that I agree with is the only way to avoid being in an elimination is to win every single time.  Leroy doesn't even bother trying to win because he's figured that everyone else in his alliance will, allowing him to avoid any of the heavy lifting while benefiting from their work.  And that's why I haven't been able to stand him in the last few seasons. 

All that being said, I'm glad he called both Tony and Cara out for their bullshit reasons.  C'mon Cara, we know Kyle's dick, not his heart, is the reason you chose him.  And Tony needed a lay-up in the final because he lost his Zach vote and regardless of which one won the elimination, both Leroy and Brad would on fairly equal footing.  

• Love 2

Leroy never really wins anything so I’m not sure why anyone would be so afraid of him in the final. 

Also him ragging Tony for not putting Zach in is bullshit. Leroy would never even dare to think about putting his stupid little buddy bananas in so how can he judge. He can shut up. His spot deserves to be taken by someone who doesn’t feel everyone owes them something on The Challenge. He kept saying in the troika thing too oh you owe me this and that. No one owes you anything Leroy you are on Jemmyes level for coasting pretty much.

• Love 5

The rationale of the girls that they wanted to run with Zach in the final is bogus.

Depending on whether there are 2 or 3 teams, the odds of getting Zach for a partner is 1/3 or 1/4.  IOW, the odds are greater that any one of them would have to compete against Zach.

If Cara or Kailah end up with Kyle, then they'd really be hating life.

• Love 3

Brad got hosed in that elimination by faulty equipment. He had the better strategy, as he usually does, but the handles inside both balls break? Seems fishy. 

I think Zach is funny but his comments as Brad was leaving were below the belt. So a 36 year old single guy was banging a 26 year old single woman consensually? What’s the problem? Did people have a problem with Cory and Aneesa? 

Not sending Zach into elimination is the single dumbest move that could have been made. But because these finals are never truly individual, the consideration of the opposite sex and keeping stronger players to be paired with is factored in. On that count, I would have had Zach go against Brad. I know I’m higher on Brad than most, but I think all-around he’s close to Zach. I don’t think he’d be a liability in a final. He’s better at puzzles and strategy than Zach, and is good enough at the physical stuff too. 

Kyle is funny. I don’t think his playing dumb strategy will work in future seasons, but he seems to be loved by everyone, so that helps. 

So, it sounds like the players that made the final get to keep the money in their bank accounts. So Tony,Zach, and Nicole already won the equivalent of third place finishers in the past, if not more. So if there is only one winner in the final, it’s easier to stomach. I just hope they find a way to make it fair so the females have a shot, but at the same time avoid tilting it too far to help the women. Like let’s say they have to carry a percentage of their body weight, that is something Cara and Nicole would crush, while the guys could struggle with. 

I suppose I’m rooting for LeRoy or Cara to win. I’d be okay with Nicole too. 

• Love 2

Tony’s dumbass is really deserving of a punch in the face. Lord knows Leroy is a proven loser without any outside intervention needed, but Tony’s shiteating grin/douche winks are over the top. The reason he hasn’t been a target this season is because they all know he’s going to suck at the final.

What job does Tony have that he works overtime every weekend? I’m curious how someone as dumb and drunk as he supports a family. (My guess is he doesn’t) And Zach coaches basketball? I can hardly think of a worse man to impart lessons to youth. 

I hate this Troika setup, especially when they changed it after the first few rounds to where the outgoing Troika picks the teams and grenades can only be thrown before the teams are set. This setup virtually made certain the women never had any power. 

I hate Kyle. He’s the type of prospectless waste who will do 15 seasons of this show.

Who are we supposed to rooting for? I guess Kam (who is no great shakes) for the girls and no one for the guys? The editing has made all the rest look like shit (which they are) and I’m sick of Cara Maria and her obstacle course gym in the middle of Bumfuck where she lives. She could win 10 of these consecutively and that gym will never materialize; she just wants to lend the appearance that she has plans beyond appearing on the next season. 

I hate bananas, but these things really do collapse once he leaves each season. The others’ talking heads merely give commentary over what we are currently seeing with our own eyes. Bananas knows how to setup/move the story, at least.

This show...I really just want the house to burn down one of these seasons. 

• Love 2

Figured Jemmye would be the girl leaving and I'm glad she was. Going home because of a difference of 5 seconds is kind of a tough pill to swallow. 

I love that Kam and Leroy would want to take some of their winnings to donate to a worthy cause. But to be clear, I don't say that in any way that suggest that the others are lesser for not outwardly talking about charitable desires. I personally come from a city that's very expensive to live in. Their potential winnings in this challenge wouldn't be enough to earn a shoebox size condo in my city so I'm not judging the others if their intent was to keep the money to better their own livelihoods. 

Why did the men get a longer rest time than the women? The men should have started off the second round the way they started off the fist...unless that order was due to how production spliced up the footage. 

I've always remember Leroy as being a quiet guy in past challenges and even for all of this challenge but I appreciate him stepping up and being so outspoken in an effort to avoid elimination. I also appreciate him calling out Cara Maria. She tried her best to justify why it made sense to have Kyle in the finals but she was just BSing because Kyle is her bed buddy. She can't vouch for Kyle the way she can vouch for Leroy or Brad yet she said neither of their names. Tony should have just chosen Leroy without any backstory. How soft are you to take offense to Leroy trying to plead his case? If you were originally going to save Leroy and you think highly of him, you should have called him out at the dinner and give him the opportunity to address his attitude rather than blindside him. 

I warmed back up to Brad once Britney left. It just didn't sit right with me to see him constantly talk about being there for his kids yet he's sucking face with some girl on camera and making his game about her game as well which exposed his own game. I wished Kyle had been the one to go home but alas stupid Cara and Tony. In addition to his TH, you could see from the look on Zach's face that the guy he wanted to win did win. I really hope Leroy has a good showing at the finals because I can't remember the last time I've been that impressed with his athleticism. He woke up in this elimination when he needed to but he's going to have to harness a lot more of that anger for the finals. For his sake, I hope there is little to no swimming involved. 

• Love 4

Leroy did come off very entitled, but I would've been mad too if two people that I thought had my back ended up not saving me. He seems to have already forgiven Cara at least according to the aftershow so no big deal now.

I loved that the troika consisted of the top three performers in the challenge especially since two women were finally there. I don't usually like Kailah, but she rocked that challenge.

Too bad only one person can win this season. I wish it could be one male and one female winner. I think Zach will win, but I would love Cara to win.

We have to see Johnny again in the final?! Melissa must be the most random choice they've brought on as a mercenary. 

2 hours ago, Steph619 said:

I loved that the troika consisted of the top three performers in the challenge especially since two women were finally there. I don't usually like Kailah, but she rocked that challenge.

I thought it was great seeing two women in the Troika as well and secure their spot in the final, but then TJ announced "well since there's only four women left, you're ALL going to the final!"

Basically their "win" didn't even matter lol

Random thought , since it was a male elimination day, what would MTV had done if the top three performers were all male? It's almost like they deliberately put two girls in the troika because three out of the four guys had to be put into the Inquisition.

4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I warmed back up to Brad once Britney left

Totally agree. 

6 hours ago, NickPappagiorgio said:

Tony’s shiteating grin/douche winks are over the top.

Tony's inflated head is beyond irritating this season. He really needs to take a few steps down off his pedestal. I have a feeling in the future the upper vets are going to eat him alive if they all do another challenge together. Even more so than Cory.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I think Zach is funny but his comments as Brad was leaving were below the belt.

Zach is proving himself to be kind of an asshole. He's like a mean girl, only he's a dude

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

I thought it was great seeing two women in the Troika as well and secure their spot in the final, but then TJ announced "well since there's only four women left, you're ALL going to the final!"

Basically their "win" didn't even matter lol

Random thought , since it was a male elimination day, what would MTV had done if the top three performers were all male? It's almost like they deliberately put two girls in the troika because three out of the four guys had to be put into the Inquisition.

Their win did matter in the sense that they outnumbered Tony and therefore were in control of the votes for the benefit of their game rather than his. Like they pointed out, they are under the impression that there will be partnerships in the finals and both of them see Zach as the best competitor left and want the advantages of being paired with him however if it were up to Tony I'm not so sure Zach wouldn't have been battling for his life in the elimination. Zach is the guy to beat and Tony knows it. It was the perfect opportunity to make a play that would improve his chances of winning but the girls wouldn't have it. 

Because they needed to have a mens elimination, they explained the troika rules differently this episode. Instead of the overall top performers, it was best male, best female and then the next best performance. This set up guaranteed that at least one woman would be in the troika. Even if it ended up that the third best performance was from a guy, it would have still left 3 guys which meant that all 3 were automatically nominated and eligible for the elimination challenge. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Marley said:

What did Zach say about Brad? Sometimes I get bored and ff and I miss things lol.

“It’s Back to discount groceries and open eyeballs for you, buddy. Have fun explaining to the ex-wife and kids about your behavior on this challenge.” 

I just don’t see the need to bring up his kids so much. Marie did it earlier this season too.  And it’s made worse because Zach and Marie didn’t know Brad before this season,  to the best of my knowledge. So what gives them the right to speak on his personal life? 

• Love 5

Well we did kind of see him having sex on camera..or atleast the motions. That would embarrass me if it was my parent. Still rude but all Brad does is talk about his kids. Tony too. We get it you have kids who the Fuck cares.

• Love 2

I’m tired of the vets running the Challenge as a pyramid scheme. You don’t “deserve” a free ride to the final just because you’re a vet, you should make it by doing well on the weekly challenges or winning eliminations. Leroy was the only guy who had not done either one so he can stfu with his entitlement and his warnings to make the right choice.  

BMP will do anything to get John on there, ugh.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

I’m tired of the vets running the Challenge as a pyramid scheme. You don’t “deserve” a free ride to the final just because you’re a vet, you should make it by doing well on the weekly challenges or winning eliminations. Leroy was the only guy who had not done either one so he can stfu with his entitlement and his warnings to make the right choice.  

Heh . . . so Johnny is Bernie Madoff? If that means him going to prison, I’m there.

Thinking of that one episode of Teen Titans Go! Now I got Beast Boy in my head, yelling, “I got that Mummy Money!!!”

Edited by Lantern7
5 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

But the biggest joke of it all is that it doesn’t apply to all vets. Just the ones that they like. With that kind of thinking, Brad should’ve been saved. I think in a competition like this, individual performance should matter, but I’m funny that way. And I got to thinking. Had Leroy had to pick between Kam and Cara, there’s no way he would save Cara. Despite the fact that he’s known her longer and Kam is a rookie just like Kyle. It’s so telling that Leroy’s the only person left without anything in his account. He seems like a nice guy, but he hasn’t done anything that warrants saving him. I just can’t get over his attitude. Especially telling Cara that she looked stupid saving Kyle. Take the nomination and just compete. Brad didn’t complain at all, despite the fact that on performance alone, he should probably have been saved. 

Hoping Cara wins. She’s been a lot less obnoxious than she has in recent seasons and it’d been nice to see a woman win. Zach’s a real asshole too. He’s been more under the radar this season, but I won’t forget the shit he’s said in the past. I have no doubt he still believes that stuff, especially about men being the superior sex. I wonder how he’s feel if someone ragged on his family. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Tony's inflated head is beyond irritating this season. He really needs to take a few steps down off his pedestal. I have a feeling in the future the upper vets are going to eat him alive if they all do another challenge together. Even more so than Cory.

IT'S TONY TYME!! ? 

Edited by RealitytvLover
  • Love 5
On 3/28/2018 at 5:10 AM, SophiaPehawkins said:

I'm sorry but I cannot stand Leroy. He is so entitled and hasn't done shit to earn it, besides being on 8/9 seasons. He is a mediocre performer who attempts to ride Johnny's coattails on every challenge they're on together. He reminds me of Laterrian from way back when. He has the makeup of a complete athlete, but he's pathetically unimpressive. I believe that Tony probably thought Kyle would be easier to beat in a final, but I'd also be angry at the way he approached the troika. He basically threatened all of them to save him. That would piss me off. Cara can vote whatever she wants. ITS A GAME! You play your own game. Leroy came off so childish. You know it's bad when Tony comes out looking like the mature one.

It was nice to see a troika with two women. And on that note, Leroy, the reason Zach was saved was because he was outnumbered. Cara and Kailah weren't going to vote him in. 

This was taken straight from Reddit. He isn’t a Jemmye not even a Devin.

Rivals 1: 3rd Place. Rookie of the Year. Had no real shot at winning with Michael.

Exes 2: Eliminated Wes & Mandi then lost to the 3rd Place winners Ty & Emily. Had no real shot at winning with Naomi stuck in the sand.

Rivals 2: Eliminated Zach & Trey then lost to the 3rd Place winners Marlon & Jordan. Had no real shot at winning with Ty gassing out.

Free Agents: Eliminated Cohutta then lost to CT in the 2nd to last elimination before the Final. His strategy this season was to not come in last place because the odds were in your favor to simply pick a draw. Reilly & Zach had the same strategy which won them 2nd and 3rd Place

Exes 2: 2nd Place. Eliminated Johnny/Nany 2x, Wes/Theresa, Reilly/Averey. This was his best chance at winning a season and only lost because of the swimming head start Jordan/Sarah had. This is also the season where the he blindly follows Bananas argument began because Leroy didn’t fully embrace being in a position of power and essentially handed it back to Bananas. Peak Season

Bloodlines: Injury DQ due to Candace breaking her toe. He was never going to win this season.

Rivals 3: Injury DQ due to his bad back. Him & Averey could’ve finished Top 3 this season.

Dirty XXX. I’ll concede he coasted this season and appeared to try to duplicate his Free Agents strategy. Not to mention he was protected by the Top 3 males in house. Lost to Hunter who made it to the elimination before the Final. 

Vendettas: The season where even winning the daily did not completely protect you. Also a season where he was placed on every worst team designed to lose.

So after 9 seasons, Leroy has made it to 3 Finals and eliminated many Champions & former finalists. So why does he have a reputation for coasting? It makes no sense.

-That elimation between Leroy and Brad seemed like it was created in 5 minutes. Brad’s equipment malfunctioned. 

-Zach remains a handsome asshole. Saying about Brad, good luck explaining to your kids... Zach good luck explaining to your kids about your cheating and demeaning, disrespectful behavior towards people...especially women on the show. All captured on camera. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

This was taken straight from Reddit. He isn’t a Jemmye not even a Devin.

Rivals 1: 3rd Place. Rookie of the Year. Had no real shot at winning with Michael.

Exes 2: Eliminated Wes & Mandi then lost to the 3rd Place winners Ty & Emily. Had no real shot at winning with Naomi stuck in the sand.

Rivals 2: Eliminated Zach & Trey then lost to the 3rd Place winners Marlon & Jordan. Had no real shot at winning with Ty gassing out.

Free Agents: Eliminated Cohutta then lost to CT in the 2nd to last elimination before the Final. His strategy this season was to not come in last place because the odds were in your favor to simply pick a draw. Reilly & Zach had the same strategy which won them 2nd and 3rd Place

Exes 2: 2nd Place. Eliminated Johnny/Nany 2x, Wes/Theresa, Reilly/Averey. This was his best chance at winning a season and only lost because of the swimming head start Jordan/Sarah had. This is also the season where the he blindly follows Bananas argument began because Leroy didn’t fully embrace being in a position of power and essentially handed it back to Bananas. Peak Season

Bloodlines: Injury DQ due to Candace breaking her toe. He was never going to win this season.

Rivals 3: Injury DQ due to his bad back. Him & Averey could’ve finished Top 3 this season.

Dirty XXX. I’ll concede he coasted this season and appeared to try to duplicate his Free Agents strategy. Not to mention he was protected by the Top 3 males in house. Lost to Hunter who made it to the elimination before the Final. 

Vendettas: The season where even winning the daily did not completely protect you. Also a season where he was placed on every worst team designed to lose.

So after 9 seasons, Leroy has made it to 3 Finals and eliminated many Champions & former finalists. So why does he have a reputation for coasting? It makes no sense.

-That elimation between Leroy and Brad seemed like it was created in 5 minutes. Brad’s equipment malfunctioned. 

-Zach remains a handsome asshole. Saying about Brad, good luck explaining to your kids... Zach good luck explaining to your kids about your cheating and demeaning, disrespectful behavior towards people...especially women on the show. All captured on camera. 

The thing is I really liked Leroy in the first few seasons. I just think he’s so passive and becoming even more so as he keeps showing up on these challenges. I don’t think anyone, rookie or veteran should be exempt from being voted into an elimination. He acted so poorly not being picked to be saved this week. He can say he was mad that it was his friends who voted him in, but he acted this way when he got voted in by Brittini and Veronica last season. The more he plays, the more entitled he is. Especially now that he’s so close to Johnny. I think he’s probably a great guy outside of these games and he’s funny. I don’t see him ever winning a challenge, because he tries to get other people to play the game for him. He wants to play the nice guy and be friendly with everyone, expecting that to save him from eliminations. 

Also I think Cara has been more targeted in terms of being put on bad teams and having grenades thrown at her. She’s got a good amount of money in her account while Leroy has $0. I’m just annoyed at the way he plays the game.

Edited by SophiaPehawkins
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The only thing I'm rooting for in the finale is for Leroy to lose. I'm also torn because I want Cara to lose because I hate her, but I also kinda want her to partner with Kyle and then win just to really piss off Leroy.

I'm against you on the Leroy and Kyle part but agree on Cara. I hope she gets last.

(edited)

I don’t understand how it was okay for Kam to target Cara for every grenade but the moment she participates in the game and just selects a person to save Leroy is quick to get bitchy and Kam is all “and Cara is supposedly Leroy’s friend!” Did we see Cara get all pissy when kam kept targeting her? I mean, Cara gave a few eye rolls but didn’t strong arm anyone.

This sucks because I normally like Leroy but I don’t like how he and Jemmye get all nasty when their names FINALLY get brought up for elimination meanwhile their “friends” have all gone one, two, and sometimes three times to the elimination.

I don’t like how Tony pussyfoot around the reason for throwing Leroy in. Just be honest, you felt that kyle was easier for you to beat. 

I’m proud of Kailah and Cara for standing up for themselves to keep zach, if that were Johnny he’d make them throw Zach in to save his ass not caring about the girls wanting a stronger partner. Every challenge I watch the guys all bully the females and take control of the game then screwing their female alliances at the end. Re: Paula on “The Island”?

Im still shocked that the girls allowed for Johnny to dictate an all male troika during a female elimination. Anywho. ?

I hope Cara wins. I hope Leroy wins but only if he buys himself some big boy pants and realizes this is a game - he’s got to play it to win it and sometimes be played. Nothing is personal. Sorta.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 3

So many issues with this episode I don't know where to begin...

Leroy has been able to get by for a long time by being a generally amiable person. He's not someone that outwardly strategizes like a Wes, or dominates physically like a CT, or stirs drama like Shane. In terms of game play, I think he knows himself. He's not any of those kinds of people so he plays middle of the road, under the radar game which I've never had an issue with. I've always found him inoffensive.

So when Tony, of all people who has been thinking he walks on water ever since he said Johnny's name, says he felt "uncomfortable" because Leroy was "aggressive" solidified for me that Tony will NEVER be a person I root for. That type of coded, underhanded, racist reaction to Leeroy (whether intentional or not) is exactly what it was for someone who has literally gone out of his way to be inoffensive to anyone. Even when Camilla was hurling racial slurs at him, he reacted more calmly than 99% of people would have reacted. Leeroy defended himself because his back was against a wall and quite frankly Kaila's inquisition against Natalie was more aggressive than anything Leroy said. 

I say it's about time that Leroy separate himself from the pack and prove what he can do. He's been on many challenges and never been to a final, much less won, as far as I can remember. I just hope he shuts a lot of people up. 

• Love 5

I like how TJ comments "this has been a season of backstabbing".  Maybe he said it in the next episode, I can't recall.  But it was so annoying.  They are set up to backstab people and the show wants this so shut up, TJ.

I do remember Bananas making fun of Tony for the first two seasons Tony was on the Challenge. I specifically remember him being on a reunion show and sarcastically saying "Wow, Tony, you've grown up before our very eyes".  Bananas and Tony may have forged a friendship eventually because Bananas has to.....all other people his age move on and go back to reality.......he has to keep being friends with people younger and younger to have someone side with him during competitions.

• Love 1