Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Bottom line to me is, if you find a name to be offensive if someone called you that, then don't call someone else that same name.  

ETA--oops, sorry Mod....I posted this without reading all of the posts first.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 2

Did the zipline people not know what they were doing or was it the zipliners themselves?

Seems like a bit of both. Which is odd. The zip-line crew had to know before hand that they were going to be filmed with little people. I also think that it's one of those things if you don't follow the rules, it's possible you get stranded out there like Tonya did.

Edited by jonesingjay

For me, the argument in the restaurant was hysterically funny. They really went there. when Lila said she might want to finish her food and put the food in her mouth and said hmm delicious and Terra said yes add some more to those hips, I seriously was on the floor laughing. However Christy throwing around the word "bully" makes me seriously wonder if some people on reality TV actually know what that word means. Lila was not bullied, she gave as good as she got. She didn't back down and cowar and neither did anyone else. Of course I wouldn't like to see them argue every episode but every now and again breaks up the monotony. And I applaud them for not putting their hands on each other. Grown woman can disagree and not solve it by getting physical. I think that's what I liked about it most of all. No one looked like they wanted to kill the other person. T and T looked like they were trying not to laugh although Lila did look dead serious the whole time.

Edited by lasandi

I gave up watching these drama queens in favor of reading the comments, but I had to get a look at Lila.

And I'm totally Team Lila.  She says she's known Joe since they were children, they were pen pals, etc.  Joe says she's just someone he banged and Terra's impression that she's a "ho" who's in love with Joe is obviously information she's received directly from Joe.

Didn't anybody get a look at Joe when Lila came in?  He is looooving all this jealousy and drama on his behalf.  He got those shades on so fast!  "Ooh, I can't help it if someone's texting me!"

I think Joe's scum.

I appreciate the position of the poster above who has a crazy stalker obsessed with her husband, but my history goes the other way.  I had a romantic relationship with someone who had once been my childhood friend and I would be devastated if he ever referred to me as a whore.

I see him and his wife fairly frequently and he doesn't feel the need to solidify his relationship with her by putting me down.  We're all fine--like, you know, adults.

• Love 2

After trying to have a baby for months with no success, Christy and Todd explore IVF and find themselves torn after realizing they have some very big decisions to make. Briana invites the girls out to see her old friend Brad William's comedy show and Tonya isn't amused after he drops the "M" bomb during his routine. And after moving into a new house the week her mom comes to visit from Russia, Elena throws a housewarming party that is anything but warm when Traci and Christy start World War 3 within the group.

Terra is an asshole and Tracy is a petulant child.

• Love 2

Tonight's fight was a total shitshow and I actually felt for Elena (if she's really not being prodded into this by the producers, that is). They can't go one get together without an insane blowup, so instead of acting like adults who all agree to disagree and move on by going their separate ways, they all decide to bring the shitshow to a larger audience: New Orleans. Which, I'm sure, will make the assholes on Bourbon Street gawk and laugh at them as "'m-words' gone wild" some more. Thanks, guys.

Speaking of the m-word, I hate to say it, but I agree with Christy when she said that it'll never go away like the n-word. Although a small part of me wonders if that'll be the case for as long as little people continue to give it "power" by getting offended by it. I really don't know how to truly eradicate it. Personally, I don't like it or use it, and hate when others use it, but that's because those who use it (who aren't little people) use it negatively.

• Love 3

I don't think that most of us who aren't little people recognize how offensive that word is to little people. Not everyone watches these little people reality shows and that is how I learned how offensive they feel it is.

Couple of things - the nightclub situation - Tonya looked great - very stylish and then she opened her mouth - what she had to say was very rude and could have started another battle - so Christy was the better person to me for ignoring it. Now Tonya is offended by the "m" word - simple solution - go home - she made everyone else uncomfortable and on edge with her obvious dislike of the performer.

Loved that Christy & Todd with Brianna and Matt could enjoy themselves for the day without turmoil.

Tracy - OMG - no one is competing with you - no sane person wants to be like you. I feel sorry for Eric because he has to live with her. Now it was OK for Terra to bully her and call her out for not wanting anything but a normal height child earlier and now a little perrson would be OK. Had Christy presented that subject to her - WWIII.

I felt bad for Elena and the women were disrespectful. At least Christy tried to leave a few times - but Terra and Tracy couldn't keep their mouths shut. It was between the guys - Tracy had no business bringing up that topic at the party. My husband and I have a good relationship and I may remind him to call my parents for their birthday ect.. but I usually don't follow up with him to see if he did it. Tracy is more like my mom - tell me to not forget to call my brother, then call an hour later to see if I did it yet .....

I've quit watching a lot of my ( what use to be ) favorite shows because the repetitive situations week after week - and again - this  has gone down that same path - getting together as a group week after week and a big fight week after week. It's getting old and many new shows are starting up - so the producers should look into changing this up a bit. Have them all be cast in a production or something = send them to a Little People Convention - anything but fighting again.

• Love 5

Haven't watched yet, but the M word issue was also featured on last season , they all gave their opinion, so why argue over it again?     As a poster said, quit giving the word the power to offend.   If someone wants to be rude and negative, they can still do it while calling them little people.

I don't believe these people are friends.  They don't act like friends, they don't talk about each other as if they were friends.  Tonya and Tracy get offended if anyone else gets a chance at happiness (IVF, boyfriend comes camping)as if they were the only people in the world that can have IVF or boyfriends.  Terra gets offended by the mere existence of a past girlfriend while giving Joe a pass on the whole matter.  In fact, Terra gets offended because she believes this is HER show and everyone else is an extra. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4

I'm debating even watching the show anymore. Literally every episode has been near catastrophic fights. I suppose theyre trying to attract the viewers that watch the RHO franchises, but its honestly a turn off for some viewers like me. I mean I dont want them to go just total "family friendly" snoozefest, but just complete and total discord for an hour, I can't do it.

The ladies never come together for the greater good of anything, and as a woman thats not how our friendships work. Sure, we may disagree or argue but never to the point that these women do, calling one another out of name. If it was going to be like this, they should not have started the show on the premise of them being friends.

They shouldve did the same thing RHO does and showcase each woman as an individual, but running in the same social circles with LPA and jobs and all that. I could believe that, and maybe even tolerate it, but the blatant lie that these women are friends, bastardizing what it is to be a friend? I'm good.

• Love 3

I never got into the real housewives thing or the Kardashian clan. Being they all have money already , and sorry if I offend - spend it foolishly - I'd rather watch reg people in real life situations. That's why I started watching Little People, Little Women ect.. The problem is the Roloffs got to the point that they weren't average anymore - they now had loads of money and the show made a point of letting you know that.

Although most all seem to have nice digs - the Little Women cast seem to still be middle class people. Christy and Todd worrying how to afford IVF, Brianna trying to get her own place, Elena wanting to start her own business ect..

I thought that as good as Elena looked in the bathing suit she designed - it would have been more appropriate for one of the other women with much bigger butts and the proportions of Little People to model it so as to see how it looks on them.

@ChaChaSlide

I'm debating even watching the show anymore. Literally every episode has been near catastrophic fights. I suppose theyre trying to attract the viewers that watch the RHO franchises, but its honestly a turn off for some viewers like me. I mean I dont want them to go just total "family friendly" snoozefest, but just complete and total discord for an hour, I can't do it.

I'm with you. I stopped watching RHO because of the fighting and am close to doing the same for this show. There was such a brief, nice moment in this episode that I thought showed how interesting a mix of ladies they are. They were meeting up in front of the comedy club and Terra made a joke about the comic being Briana's first BJ. Terra had no filter, Christy busted out laughing and asked her if it was true, Elena smirked, Tracy looked embarrassed and Briana laughed. I don't know how they can go from this to fighting day-to-day. 

@jonesingjay

Is Preston bald?

Ha! we've never seen him not wear a hat, have we? Interesting. Reminds me of Jeffre, from Life with LaToya, who even swims with his hat on. 

I thought that as good as Elena looked in the bathing suit she designed - it would have been more appropriate for one of the other women with much bigger butts and the proportions of Little People to model it so as to see how it looks on them.

I had the same thought. I couldn't hear what was said well but Terra asked about something going down to the hips and I wasn't sure if that was a little-person specific design element. I actually agree with the designer Mila that Elena should focus on little people. 

They shouldve did the same thing RHO does and showcase each woman as an individual, but running in the same social circles with LPA and jobs and all that.

My favorite parts of the show are when we see how being a little person impacts their every day life. Wish the show was more focused on life as a little person. Christy mentioned being little has effected her career. It would be nice to see how and why. We see glimpses (pregnancy issues, house hunting requirements, weight gain) but fighting seems to be the dominant theme. 

I was surprised to learn that Todd is 46. He looks way younger. 

• Love 1

I have no idea why, but I thought it was really funny when Briana said that Leila is "an acquired taste."    I definitely give Briana's BF the side eye.  Something's not right there... I think it was the teddy bear he gave her on first meeting that made me feel that way.

When I watch this show, I can NOT stop thinking of the (super) old Bobby Sherman song...."Little Woman"

*Hey little woman, please make up your mind !  You've got to, come into my world and leave your world behind."  <-  I've got a serious earworm going of this song right now.

Edited by jnymph

The fight seemed so scripted and rehearsed. I try to look for smirks and sometimes I see them. I can't believe after Elena told everyone her mother didn't feel well that no one had the decency to not shout or fight. If it wasn't scripted then they are all so selfish and have no self control.

• Love 1

The fight seemed so scripted and rehearsed. I try to look for smirks and sometimes I see them. 

I thought it was scripted that the mother had fallen 'ill' and Preston was going to 'look after her'. So, what is he going to do? Literally watch her? They just needed to get them out of the room. It sort of felt like a set up. These are the only people Elena could think to invite to her housewarming? Terra brings up IVF, which she knows will cause trouble. I saw a smirk on Traci's face when Terra brought it up. I could believe she knew Terra was going to do it. I wonder if she knew just how out of hand things would get though.  

Edited by jonesingjay
  • Love 1

Yeah I wondered if this was scripted but then it got much more volatile than anyone anticipated.

When Tonya was holding apart Tracy and Christy, it looked as if she had a smirk on her face.

Also when Christy walked through the filming crew, I thought she was about to announce that she was leaving the show

• Love 1

Following a nasty fight at Elena's house, Christy tries to make peace by bringing the entire group of girls, and their fighting husbands, to New Orleans. The group embraces the Big Easy lifestyle by dining on crawfish, petting alligators, and trying not to snap each others' heads off. But Briana's desire to visit a psychic infuriates Tonya, and everyone's tempers flare hotter than Cajun gumbo.

I thought it was scripted that the mother had fallen 'ill' and Preston was going to 'look after her'. So, what is he going to do? Literally watch her? They just needed to get them out of the room. It sort of felt like a set up.

Yes this was so weird.  Is he going to sit and stare at her?  What the hell?  And this was not much of a housewarming party.  It was just a chance for production to get the ladies together to fight.

Also, because it can not be said enough - Tracy is the worst.

• Love 2

I said I didn't think I'd watch again but I did. I can believe alot of stuff is scripted but I don't know if you can script that much hatefulness. Who knows though. Maybe they're all trying to get their own shows.

Briana's talking heads crack me up. She makes everything seem so serious with the way she always tilts her head and holds out her arms.

Were they saying the doctor could go in during the IVF and remove the double dominant gene? I dIdn't think something like that was possible. Or did they mean they could just pick an embryo without the gene? All that stuff has to be nerve wracking. I'd probably go for adoption.

I said I didn't think I'd watch again but I did. I can believe alot of stuff is scripted but I don't know if you can script that much hatefulness. Who knows though. Maybe they're all trying to get their own shows.

It's hard for me to tell. I think some of them (I'm looking at you Terra) go into certain situations with a game plan. I don't know if all or any of the other ladies are clued into what a certain scene will entail and react accordingly. I don't think any of them are great actresses. The emotions they display (Some of them) appear quiet real to me and not faked. I guess for me, it simply boils down to others being way more plugged into how to act/react and playing it up for the cameras. While the others are simply reacting and getting caught up in the moment. Maybe, Terra thinks she could get her own spinoff with Joe on the life of two little people raising a newborn, but that's been done before with the 'Little Couple'. 

Don't get me wrong. I do get a kick out of this show. Compared to other reality shows for some reason it just makes me laugh at how ridiculous and set up the situations are on this show in the interest of making things well more interesting. I've even done a couple of episode reviews on YouTube.
Edited by jonesingjay

I just watched and this drama

fighting isn't even remotely fun to watch at all.  Seriously Tracy is so paranoid.  Christy wants a baby just as badly as you do and her going the same route as you has nothing to do with you at all.  Or is there some disclaimer that Tracy is trying in vitro so no one else can.  If Christy has a girl and Tracy does too is she going to have the same fit that Christy did it on purpose too.  Take it down about 10 notches.  I know Christy isn't perfect or without blame but man Terra is a bitch.  I would love to see someone come on the show and give her the verbal smack down she needs.  It's almost as if she feels she is the star of this show and the others are there as support.  I'm so glad there is just a few more episodes.  Last season flew by because it was fun to watch this one I keep saying dang another episode.

I am relatively sure that each situation is a set-up (housewarming party, camping trip, upcoming trip to New Orleans) and that the ladies are prodded by the crew to bring up "issues" during the get-togethers. I know people on other shows (i.e. the Teen Mom girls) have said that the crew is always in the background prodding, saying things like, "Ask him where he was last night at 10 pm" or "Talk about the fight over custody that you two had last month" to get things going. Traci bringing up the fact that Todd hadn't called and apologized to her husband about the fight at Tonya's "Used Date" party or whatever it was called, looked and felt like a total set-up. The producers know how to get these ladies fired up, and they definitely use it.

I thought the reactions from each of the ladies seemed more genuine, especially Elena's. I thought she seemed genuinely upset when she kept saying (through all the shouting, swearing, and name-calling), "Why do we have to keep bringing up past stuff every time we get together?" and "I invited you to my house, and you are acting like this? We are friends!" I was hoping she was going to kick them all out.

• Love 2

I love this show, but getting tired of the SOS week after week. Always a fight. And they never change it up. It's always a fight over the same argument and a fight drawn with the same lines. 

I did notice that when Christy was talking about Lila, she had a (bad quality) voiceover that said, "Since we've become really good friends..." Made me wonder if they added that in so it would make sense for them to start up Little Women: New York?

Edited by ShaNaeNae

The weather was bad and the housework was caught up so I was scrolling through shows to watch on xfinity on demand and decided to watch Fat Actress with Kirstie Alley from 2005 (I had never seen any of the episodes).  The 4th episode, "The Koi Effect" had Kirstie trying a new-age diet plan where she was told to surround herself with small things, and she would then become smaller herself.  In this effort, she befriends a group of little people and invites them to her home.  There in the group of about a dozen little people were none other than Traci and Christy.  However, the credits only named 5 of the little people and none of the names were theirs.  So at least those two have known each other for awhile.  

• Love 2

First, let me say..please don't judge me. I was bored and I love Johnny Knoxville so I was watching Jackass 3D last night. One of the sketches had Wee Man going into a bar with his "girlfriend", blah blah blah. The girlfriend was none other than Terra. And she was horrible. Her acting isn't any better than her singing. In the sketch a bunch of little people come in and there was a a big (no pun intended) brawl. The only thing funny about it was it reminded me of Little Women LA.

• Love 3

So over this show! I honestly think Tonya is the worst. She is rude and mean and just an ugly hearted person. And there is no way these women would still be getting together and going on trips if it wasn't for the producers on the show. I wish they would quit forcing all the drama. I am sick of shows always showing women hating on and competing with each other. I also cannot stand Traci anymore, no one is copying you, ya crazy! Worry about yourself and not what Christy is doing. Geez.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just looked up Pseudoachondroplasia, and it says that adult females usually grow to a height of around 3' 9'

Males are usually around 3'11"

"Those effected by this disorder have normal facial features, head size and intelligence"  ( Briggs et al. 1995 )

Edited by Taylorh2

I just watched and this drama

fighting isn't even remotely fun to watch at all. Seriously Tracy is so paranoid. Christy wants a baby just as badly as you do and her going the same route as you has nothing to do with you at all. Or is there some disclaimer that Tracy is trying in vitro so no one else can. If Christy has a girl and Tracy does too is she going to have the same fit that Christy did it on purpose too. Take it down about 10 notches. I know Christy isn't perfect or without blame but man Terra is a bitch. I would love to see someone come on the show and give her the verbal smack down she needs. It's almost as if she feels she is the star of this show and the others are there as support. I'm so glad there is just a few more episodes. Last season flew by because it was fun to watch this one I keep saying dang another episode.

What if they both have girls, but Christy delivers first and names her daughter Shayla??? Tracy had that name embroidered on a pillow when she was 16!!!!

• Love 3

First, let me say..please don't judge me. I was bored and I love Johnny Knoxville so I was watching Jackass 3D last night. One of the sketches had Wee Man going into a bar with his "girlfriend", blah blah blah. The girlfriend was none other than Terra. And she was horrible. Her acting isn't any better than her singing. In the sketch a bunch of little people come in and there was a a big (no pun intended) brawl. The only thing funny about it was it reminded me of Little Women LA.

I had to look that up! I watched it on YouTube. You're right. Terra's acting 'skills' haven't improved. Now, whenever I watch something involving little people my eyes will be looking for anyone from this cast. I think at one time or another they've all said their community is small, and that they are all sort of connected. I guess that extends to the entertainment industry as well. 

I didn't realize being a good church going woman = being so dang nasty about Brianna's willingness to explore the whole tarot card/psychic... and since when did psychics become known for casting spells? Color me confused... yeesh. I don't think I can hang with this show anymore - every damn thing is so freaking dramatic... Maybe the NYC version will be more tolerable... darn guilty pleasure tv... lol ;)

• Love 3

So most of these women are good church goers but they think you're the devil for going to a tarot card reader and psychic? And cursing and calling each other vile names is also what good Christian women do?

I just can't with this show anymore. I was going to watch until Terra had her baby but I'll just check in here to get that news.

• Love 3

..yeah not even going to watch anymore, like ^^ said i'll just tune in here for recaps. If I want to watch fighting and contrived storylines i'll just watch WWE where thats the stated premise of the show.

• Love 1

I didn't realize being a good church going woman = being so dang nasty about Brianna's willingness to explore the whole tarot card/psychic... and since when did psychics become known for casting spells? Color me confused... yeesh. I don't think I can hang with this show anymore - every damn thing is so freaking dramatic... Maybe the NYC version will be more tolerable... darn guilty pleasure tv... lol ;)

I was scratching my head over that too. I don't personally believe in psychics but I wouldn't have a hissy fit about it. Tonya was so obnoxious and rude when they got back. I'd love to hear the story behind this boss persona of hers.

I'm so sick of Christy tossing around the word bully. If someone looks at her funny she thinks they're bullying her.

I couldn't stop laughing at Terra's Where's Waldo outfit. To each their own but jeesh she dresses funny.

• Love 6

My thoughts:

1. Producers seemed to want viewers to see a softer side of Terra right from the beginning. Could they be reading these forums and FB and seeing how many people dislike her?

2. Where did Christie come up with the money for this shing dig - Todd's not working - nor is she and they're worried about the cost of IVF. Come on producers - viewers can see through all this.

3. Tonya's bandanna said it all "It's all about me" The extreme views about ghosts of all these women is laughable.They sound like they stepped out of the middle ages. They also are like most of the avid Sunday church goers I know - be pious on Sunday and then don't care the rest of the week about your faith and its' teachings.

4. The reactions of Tonya, Christy, Eric and Tracy to Brianna, Matt, and Terra's experience at the psychic really surprised me. This type of reaction, I've seldom seen and mostly from people 20 - 30 yrs ago who were in their 60' - 80's - devote daily church goers and many immigrating from other countries to the US. If Tonya didn't want to hear about it - politely excuse yourself. No reason to be self righteous and bossy. The others running away from Brianna's gifts - get a grip - you accept it graciously and put it in the garbage can the next if you don't want it.

• Love 3