Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm probably wrong, but I believe newborns with achondroplasia are born pretty near to average size, but as time elapses the physical growth disparities between them and their average height peers become apparant.

Came across this article with Matt trying to "explain" his arrest record:  http://starcasm.net/archives/310117  Hm, not sure what to say about some of it without opening a whole other can of worms, so I'll leave it at that.

Could you give the gist of what he said since his statements have since been removed per his request? Shady...

ETA: Never mind, saw it in the episode thread.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 1

I was wondering because the baby weighed in at 6 lbs 2oz   

Little people are usually born "average" weight; they're not premie size like many people unfamiliar with little people tend to think.  I'm a little person (not with achondroplasia, though) and I was over 7 lbs. when I was born.

• Love 1

Yes, it is definitely suspect that his explanations about his arrests were suddenly removed "by request."  I do realize that there are people who are arrested for domestic violence under false allegations, and yes, Matt very well could have been one of them.  I do want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's just that I tend to think how many times can you say, "It wasn't my fault!  I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I didn't mean to break that!"  It's not that hard to avoid trouble, especially multiple instances of it.  Unless, of course, you purposely put yourself in those sketchy situations.

• Love 4

Tanika Ray? That's the best they could do? She didn't seem impartial to me. I was getting Andy Cohen bias teas from her. The first half hour seemed like Pile On Christy. Didn't really start getting good for me until Lila showed up with those jeeper creeper eyes of hers. She's quite the polarizing character. Makes for good reality television but I wouldn't want to know her in real life. Did this season really need more than a one part reunion? No. 

• Love 4

Are we getting a Little Women:NY forum? I always had a feeling this was going to go "RHO", and I completely agree with Jonesingjay about the Tanika Ray/Andy Cohen comparison. Not impartial at all. I'm not a Christy fan either but I wouldnt host a panel reunion show for this show with that bias in mind. Get it together Tanika and be professional!

• Love 2

ChaChaSlide, I already put in a request to add a "Little Women: NY" forum after it premiered.  Hopefully it'll get approved and added soon.

Who the hell is Tanika Ray?  I'm too lazy to Google her right now.  I got the feeling that she didn't really watch much of this show.  I guess it shouldn't be expected for the host to do so, but I think it makes moderating the reunion a lot better. She just seemed too surprised over certain things that happened on the show in a way where she could've called someone out on something had she watched what happened herself.

I really, really do not like Lila.  It's not because she's a shit stirrer, but because she comes across like way too much of a cartoon-like character for me.  Her reactions are often dorkily over-the-top (something I noticed way too much of in he NY premiere).  I also think there really is something incredibly off with her mentally.  Her affect and mannerisms when she's speaking is very... odd.  I don't know how to explain it. I don't think she's that good of an actress to pull that off so that people will talk about her.  I think she truly wants and loves the attention, even if it's completely negative.  Hence, her interactions with Joe.   However, if she is acting like this because she thinks people will want to watch her on any of these shows, then she stupidly sold her soul to the devil for an incredibly basement bargain price.  I don't care how much money you pay me, I would never, ever want to purposely portray myself as a psycho stalker ex who drinks so much she blacks out and sends crazy texts to people if I'm not really like that.

What kind of "business" could she have possibly spoken about with Joe that she couldn't explain what it was?  The only kind of "business" they could've spoken about was her asking him how she can get on the show, how to act on the show, and/or get her own spinoff for NY.  If that was the case, then she could've said so.  Terra spoke about the show very openly, so I don't see why Lila couldn't have done the same if this was why she was talking to Joe.  That is, if she was really talking to him on the phone and not just in her oversized head.

One thing I'd like to know that the host didn't ask (yet) was whether or not Terra's mom came around and welcomed the idea of her having a baby.  I hope so.  It would suck to have a baby and not have your own mother be happy about it.

Sad to hear that Traci had another miscarriage.  I hope someone has explained to her that it's very common for all women, not just little people women, to have miscarriages.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 6

I don't particularly care for Christy, but I couldn't help but notice that Tanika was siding with Terra and seemed to blame her for everything.  Had she watched the show then she would have known what a nasty piece of work Terra can be, at times.  She seems to think that because she is pregnant, that gives her a license to say and do whatever she darn well pleases withour repercussion. 

• Love 4

While I believe Joe might be a playah, that Lila chick is definitely OFF.  She's trying to spin a tale about crazy texts like some other woman wrote them, but I am not buying it.  She's either a crazed stalker or was drunk texting, and she clearly had a very big thing for Joe.

I thought Terra looked rather pretty - it was either good makeup or pregnancy glow.

Christ IS a shit stirrer, pile on notwithstanding.

• Love 2

I think the whole Christy having a race with everyone is stupid. While she may have gotten married quickly, seeing as they're both older I don't see the issue in trying to have a baby right away. Also if you are having issues conceiving ivf is an alternative that A LOT of people look into. Traci doesn't own ivf, she won't be the first or last person to do it if they do go that route either. I feel horrible for what she has had to go through but they should be helping each other through this hard time that they both are dealing with.

• Love 4

No thread for Little Women: NY

I wish this site was like the former Twop. Anyone could start a topic without having to ask permission or create 'sub' forms.

All you had to do was start a thread, and others replied to it. DONE.

• Love 2

I wish this site was like the former Twop. Anyone could start a topic without having to ask permission or create 'sub' forms.

Are we getting a Little Women:NY forum?

ChaChaSlide, I already put in a request to add a "Little Women: NY" forum after it premiered.  Hopefully it'll get approved and added soon.

I checked for a Little Women: NY forum before I came to this one and it does exist but there are no episode sub-forums yet.

And, yes, Tanika Ray shouldn't be hosting anything other than her Christmas dinners.

• Love 2

Ditto!! A while ago there were 3 new shows starting that I really wanted forums for.

I submitted requests...but apparently I did no do it correctly and got a really rude email about it. Took me a long time to come back. Im really busy, but love to come here and read if I have a few minuted. If I had the time yo think of a bunch of nanes and topics for a show, I would have became a mod.

• Love 2

Here's the link : Little Women: NY  and you are welcome to create threads here.

• Love 1

Best. Typo. EVER.

HEE!  I didn't even notice it, but now I'm lovin' it, too, Lovecat!

After seeing Lila's behavior with her girlfriend's boyfriend in New York, I have no problem believing she was texting Joe and more.  She's a maneater.  :-)

• Love 1

I really, really do not like Lila.  It's not because she's a shit stirrer, but because she comes across like way too much of a cartoon-like character for me.  Her reactions are often dorkily over-the-top (something I noticed way too much of in he NY premiere).  I also think there really is something incredibly off with her mentally.  Her affect and mannerisms when she's speaking is very... odd.  I don't know how

Yes! The way she speaks is so so weird. I can't put into words why I think it's so weird but something is just off.

• Love 3

Agree Tanika Ray is a terrible host. And everyone did gang up on Christy.

I'm also confused about the Joe/Todd after fight. I thought Todd apologized to Joe in New Orleans but Terra made a big deal about Todd never apologizing.

There was too much attention spent on Lila. She was there to promote her new show. And it worked because I watched to see if she was as crazy as she was on L.A...., she is.

• Love 2

Todd wanted to apologize to Joe in New Orleans, but Terra and Joe didn't want to talk to Todd about it then . so too bad. They gave as good or better than what they got and they didn't apologize either. This hostess is so partisan to Terra that she must have gotten paid by her.

Terra has the most foul mouth I have ever heard.

• Love 7

Todd wanted to apologize to Joe in New Orleans, but Terra and Joe didn't want to talk to Todd about it then . so too bad. They gave as good or better than what they got and they didn't apologize either. This hostess is so partisan to Terra that she must have gotten paid by her.

Terra has the most foul mouth I have ever heard.

I agree Terra gives as good as she gets.   She can say F U  but when someone calls her on it says it to her she cries foul. For me this is typical Terra though.  Christy is no angel but she didn't deserve the pile on she got. She's just as bad and because she is pregnant doesn't give her a free pass for her mouth.   Never was a fan of Joe and he proves he's the ass I thought he was.    I would be great to see how this show worked without Terra. I bet it would be enjoyable.

This was one of the worst hosted reunion shows I have seen and I thought Mob Wives Reunion was bad.

• Love 4

Wow. 

I have the reunion shows set to record, but looking at this thread. . .abort! abort!

So Andy Cohen couldn't find time in his busy schedule of celebrity butt kissing to host the little people hootenanny?  Figures.

• Love 1

Briana needs to drop Matt like a hot potato. For him to already be cheating on her is just a red flag on top of a mounting pile of red flags; he's a toxic guy, honesty and smarmy words be damned.

Ugh, Lila. I do think she's unbalanced, like even beyond Christy and Terra unbalanced. Like I get being the heel for the storyline, but between here and LWNY she just goes above and beyond in her duties. She plays crazy so well because its a very real part of her personality she gets to play up on TV for money.

I hope that after watching this season for herself, Tonya realizes how manipulative Terra is towards both her and Traci, and how Terra is the Draco Malfoy to Tonya and Traci's Crabbe and Goyle.

I agree with Christy on burying the hatchet and moving on, but she reiterated Joe calling her fat over and over as if that was equal to Todd going in on a pregnant woman. It wasn't to me, and Joe called both her and Todd fat while Todd was there; he didn't intercede in an argument Christy and Terra were having while Todd was away. I agree with Erik and Joe; the guys need to stay out of the women's stuff and let them fight their own battles, they're woman enough to.

Traci looked great, I really liked her makeup this segment. I do hope that in the off season, she can go and pursue her IVF and spend the first few months of pregnancy chilling with her feet propped up before filming for season 3 starts. I can tell she has a good, if not a little misguided heart, and will be a very nurturing mommy.

• Love 2
(edited)

Still wondering why the reunion show hostess is so busy calling Christy out that she loses control of the show to Terra, Tonya, and Joe. All 3 wretched people. How about calling them out instead. Not sure if Matt and Briana were still engaged during the cheating. But Christy was right about the drinking - now that the DUI came up.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Joe made a total ass of himself, I'm not a Todd and Christy fan but Terra and Joe (especially Joe) came off looking horrible. The host almost made me want to side with T&C just because of how one sided it was. I really wonder if Terra is truly happy with Joe and him being the father of her child. He just doesn't seem fully invested in her and never did seem that way. I feel he will step up and be a good dad but will still be a lacking partner to Terra.

• Love 2
(edited)

Still wondering why the reunion show hostess is so busy calling Christy out that she loses control of the show to Terra, Tonya, and Joe. All 3 wretched people. How about calling them out instead.

I didn't like the hostess. She seemed more concerned about looking cool and using slang than being a neutral hostess.

I really wonder if Terra is truly happy with Joe and him being the father of her child. He just doesn't seem fully invested in her and never did seem that way. I feel he will step up and be a good dad but will still be a lacking partner to Terra.

I think Terra is more into Joe than Joe is into Terra. She's also talking about him and missing him and showing off her belly to him and he just says or does what is supposed to be said or done. I've never really seen him show any extra interest in her or the baby.

I haven't finished watching it (which is most of it), but are Matt & Brianna still together? Last I heard, they were. He creeps me out. I also think his face is bloated and it's telling. Right before him she kept complaining about how she doesn't like to be alone, she's lonely, but she's only been divorced for what? About a year? That's not as long as you think it is Bri. Don't rush it.

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 1

What I took away from this hot mess is--Terra, Joe and Tonya need their mouths washed out with soap.  Constant use of the "F" word is not only ignorant, it is also classless (don't get me wrong, I've been known to drop an F bomb occasionally, but if I was on TV I can honestly say I would refrain).  Surprisingly Todd and Christy seemed to be the most mature (after Preston and Elena, of course) and that Brianna and Matt need to go very slowly.  

Terra cannot let any matter just drop--she picks and picks until the thread comes unraveled.  Joe gives off the vibe that he is "all that and a bag of chips," and he is definitely NOT.  I would have more respect for Traci and her husband if they would take a lesson from Preston and Elena and just shut up.  

And lastly, I have no idea who Tamika Ray is and frankly I don't want to, she is completely ineffective and silly for that format.

• Love 3

Andy only hosts the Bravo reunions. I think a dirty mop would have been a better host. Who is the idiot who hosted this one? I don't even care to google her.

First time I have ever turned off a reality show reunion in the middle. I just deleted it, so awful.

• Love 1

Could they not find a couch that didn't make all of them look ridiculous & uncomfortable? Sorry but it was all so awkward to watch.

I thought the same thing. They looked like they couldn't lean back. Terra especially looked awkward and uncomfortable.

Tonya has a disgustingly foul mouth. I'm no prude but I had to change the channel after the first ten minutes. I watched later the next day.

Tanika Ray was a terrible host, she had no control over anybody and favored Terra, Joe and Tonya. Terra and Joe were ridiculous too. They can't admit that big fight with Todd was not partly their fault too. No way am I watching their show.

If I was Brianna I wouldn't trust Matt. Once a cheater always a cheater.

• Love 3

Brianna, just fucking dump the loser already.  How many more red flags do you need to smash you over the head?  Other than trying to look for fame and money out of Brianna, I'm still fully convinced that Matt does have a little people fetish and that he was the guy dating that girl Robyn in Terra's episode of MTV's True Life episode (I just think Terra didn't remember that, only the Facebook thing, ha).  Other than that, I don't really have much to say about this second part of the reunion.  Oh, except why the hell did they bring out Tonya's new boyfriend?  Besides the fact that he only appeared in three seconds of the last episode of the season, did he even say one word on the reunion?  Weird.

P.S. Get a new hairstyle, Tonya.  It's way outdated and tiresome to see you in the same style over and over again (even in Elena's "fashion photoshoot", what the hell?!).  I'm not sure how old Tonya is - I'm assuming at least or close to 40 judging from her daughter - but she can definitely use a more updated look that will make her look so much more sophisticated.

• Love 3

I figured it's always been Terra's show, and the host's behavior confirms it.  They gave her the spinoff and everything.

Briana needs to drop Matt like a hot potato. For him to already be cheating on her is just a red flag on top of a mounting pile of red flags; he's a toxic guy, honesty and smarmy words be damned.

When she gave that speech about always wanting to be a "ride or die" girl, I gave up.  This is her teenage fantasy relationship, so there's no reasoning with a 30-something year old woman who's emotionally 14 with a crush on the 19 year old guy whose idea of romance is going 90 with the lights off in a 35 mph zone.  While drunk.  

Hopefully she'll emerge from it physically, if not emotionally, unscathed.  Or at least her daughter will.   

• Love 4

Terra and Joe - same opinion they are still the self centered ones.  Here's to me hoping they stay on their new show and don't come back.  With Brianna I guess I just don't understand how women like that think.  You mention the Bonnie and Clyde and wanting a bad boy.  You have a child and you are a grown woman that high school stuff needs to be behind you for the sake of your child.  I don't get how she called her ex for having a girlfriend but yours has many, many issues.  Doesn't matter if he met the daughter or not.  I would not be happy if I was the ex and this guy has anger issues, cheating, domestic issues, etc.  Your ride or die girl ended when you had your child.  She's doesn't have to live like a saint but a guy with several issues should be shown the door.  I know that's judgmental but when a young child is involved I don't get it at all.

• Love 3

Just finished watching the first part, I agree about the Christy pile on, it was very unfair and the host contributed to the situation.

As for Terra, she has NO insight into her culpability in the whole situation. She came across very badly.

• Love 1

I didn't like the hostess. She seemed more concerned about looking cool and using slang than being a neutral hostess.

That's exactly how I felt when I watched part 1. She's awful.  And she had such a mean girl vibe when she looked at Terra and said, "Todd is going to be a life coach."  Whether or not it's a good idea, she needs to stay neutral.  I felt like she was kissing Terra and Tonya's ass all the time.  I couldn't stand her.

I don't like many of these people and I have no intention of watching the Terra baby show because of how they are.

• Love 3

I don't like many of these people and I have no intention of watching the Terra baby show because of how they are.

That's how I feel also, I have no intention of watching Terra's show.

• Love 2

I can't believe I once really liked Tonya! She's awful. Joe and Terra have always been awful, so the repulsive things they said were no surprise.

Me too. I used to really like her. I don't know what her problem is, but she's awful.  It started with her treatment of others as crappy, but if they were crappy in return she'd get all offended. But when she started that fight with Trev-OR when his mom came to visit, it was all downhill after for me. Have a problem with him? Tell him and say goodbye. That was awkward and uncalled for. Now she's just a hate spewing angry gal.

• Love 4

Is there not going to be a dedicated thread to Terra's Little Family?

Since it's a separate show, you can probably request one in the New Show Forum Request thread.  I fear not many will be commenting on it, though.

Since it's a separate show, you can probably request one in the New Show Forum Request thread.  I fear not many will be commenting on it, though.

Thank you.  I won't be requesting because you have to come up with subgroups and titles - I'm not that interested.  Lol.

Anybody care to talk about it here? 

Still don't like Joe. And Terra, being so dramatic, "not everyone has a non-stress test!"  Uh, most do. And it's not a huge test with needles or anything, it's just a monitor for your belly. 

Wondering what it means when a baby has pseudo-achon and achon. Does that mean it's just a super small achon? Are you familiar with that LIGirl?

• Love 1

I feel like the show is so booring. Joe looks bored. Like he was roped into this by Terra. She probably told him she was on birth control and wasn't. The proposal seemed totally planned. I'm sure she told him he had better do it for the show so they could get more air time for a wedding.