Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Tamy Lyn's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I am on WW and lady you have to do it for yourself. My kids and boyfriend eat crap in front of me, but you can't expect everybody to stop eating in front of you. She needs to learn to stand on her own two feet and let her (ex?) husband go.

• Love 15
Just now, ams1001 said:

If she's moving to Houston, why does he need to move out of his house? Why not just get her to Houston and go home?

Yeah there is something someone’s not telling. The dude has been caring for you for YEARS and now is moving out and leaving you destitute? Ummmmm

• Love 10

I legit feel sorry for Tamy. Her self esteem is horrible. She can't do anything without James? Girl, what were you doing with him? Eating yourself to death! Be free!

(edited)

Unfortunately, she’s got to understand that her recovery is not dependent on James. Yes, moving to Houston alone makes it much more difficult logistically. But, she’s got to take responsibility for her own life and she may very well be better off without him there. I really hope she makes it because she seems very self-aware and she went into it with the right attitude. She lost 42 pounds and was doing what she was supposed to be doing. She can’t let I am leaving  her derail her.  She will die and she’s got a 16-year-old son with special needs. James will just merrily go on with his life.

And she also has to be sure she doesn’t turn her son into a surrogate husband.  

Edited by Kid
  • Love 12
(edited)
3 minutes ago, SnarkySnarky said:

Holy crap. Her throwing the crap around looks like that scene with Tommy Wiseau in "The Room".

I'm sorry to say I know what you are talking about. :-}

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 5

People move away all the freakin' time. As an adult, I've moved coast to coast, state to state, and most of the time on my own or with a kid in tow. Grow up. She's another 600 pounder who 'can't function' away from family. Yes you can. Ask folks in the military (Air Force brat here). I don't know why these folks being unable to cut the enabling umbilical cord ticks me off so much, but it does.

I can't tell how old Zachary is, if he can drive or what, but even if he can't, he's a big guy, seems supportive, and can help out a lot. To heck with James.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, shouldbedancing said:

How can she help him pack his things? But it's obvious he's one of those who leaves once their "patient" starts getting better. It's a sick dynamic from the start.

3 minutes ago, SnarkySnarky said:

Holy crap. Her throwing the crap around looks like that scene with Tommy Wiseau in "The Room".

Noooooo! Yeah it does. Lol.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

3-2-1 to when we find out about James' secret girlfriend.

Called it!

12 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

She could hang a basket on it to hold her stomach...

I saw a UK show with a guy with a huge stomach - he had like a shelf thing on a walker and put his stomach on it. Jeez.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

People move away all the freakin' time. As an adult, I've moved coast to coast, state to state, and most of the time on my own or with a kid in tow. Grow up. She's another 600 pounder who 'can't function' away from family. Yes you can. Ask folks in the military (Air Force brat here). I don't know why these folks being unable to cut the enabling umbilical cord ticks me off so much, but it does.

I can't tell how old Zachary is, if he can drive or what, but even if he can't, he's a big guy, seems supportive, and can help out a lot. To heck with James.

Zachary has special needs (most likely autism is my guess from my experience with the population). While he can address the camera appropriately, follow his mom’s instructions and likely handle his own self care (grooming etc) I HIGHLY doubt he can be emotionally supportive or “help” other than “hand me x”. 

Ive spent 28yrs in the terrible 2s(my sister has severe mental disabilities) so I have seen  kids/adults run the gamut. Just because they “blend” doesn’t mean they can help out. @QuinnInND I saw your post below. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

This.  And Zachary is 16.  Who has been paying for her apartment since James left? 

• Love 3
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

James is an ass, but it's not healthy to be so dependant on another person.i see her turning to her son and being dependent on him long term. 

See also: Pauline.

1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Yup James has another woman, but weren't they divorced anyway? He has a right to find somebody else and not be wiping his ex's ass the rest of his life. ;)

He also had another woman while they were married. He is an emotional abuser with his "you can't do anything and would be homeless if it was not for me." He put that thought in her head and created a power dynamic that led her to believe she can't do anything without him, well the 42 pound weight loss proves otherwise. He stuck around because he is pathetic and wants someone weaker to kick around. Now that she is trying to get her life together he is no longer interested.

• Love 13
Just now, Kid said:

You ARE a burden and NOT a partner.  That’s the point. She has to get her life together.

I know it looks like a dick move on James' part to not go into the doctor, but she has to learn to do things for herself. Especially since he is moving on with another woman.

• Love 8