Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Tamy Lyn's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

So many of them know exactly what their eating problems are before they meet Dr Now. I’m an emotional eater who eats all day long, and get no exercise. I love carbs and the taste of food.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Did I miss something? I thought she had two children? Where is the other one?

I think he's an adult - about 7 years older than the younger one.

• Love 3

Here we go with James. I knew when he said he got into the relationship because he "liked big girls" that he would have issues with her weight loss/being called an enabler. 

• Love 7
Just now, jnagle4 said:

James has a Snoopy tattoo. That's disturbing

There's not much about James that isn't disturbing.

How come some of them go to the hospital right away and are given the controlled diet?  Looking at you, Maggot Lady. Tami has diabetes, COPD and is sent home where she’s cooking frozen French fries for the family.  

• Love 9
Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

Get rid of James. He’s a complete shit. “You’d be homeless if not for me”? DTMFA. 

Except that it's true. She "couldn't make it on her own", remember?

• Love 4

Didn’t she say that she and James split but he let her move back in because she couldn’t take care of herself/the kids on her own with her weight and health issues?

It was my understanding that was as a favor to her not an attempt to be a romantic partner again. So if he had a girlfriend or whatever that wouldn’t be a problem. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Lizz said:

How come some of them go to the hospital right away and are given the controlled diet?  Looking at you, Maggot Lady. Tami has diabetes, COPD and is sent home where she’s cooking frozen French fries for the family.  

To be fair she didn't have maggots.

• Love 5
(edited)

James seems strange but don't these patients realize that most people would not let you lay in bed and clean your privates for you because you let yourself get too big, you would have to live in a nursing home if that person didn't take care of you (not that I think it's right to be that enabling)

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 3
Just now, Snarkastikate said:

I'm pretty sure they are divorced and he took her in because she had nowhere to go.   Would this explain the bad attitude?   Maybe he doesn't want cameras around him and doesn't want to move to Houston?

Yeah I think James has done a lot of her. Granted they still have a minor child together (and one with special needs at that), but he hasn’t insinuated he won’t be caring for their son while she gets herself together. He was her caregiver too when he wasn’t obligated to be. Did they ever actually divorce or no? 

• Love 3

Okay this creepy James guy is such a good guy - don't ya'll think?.  He "put up" with his wife and children for seven years.  What a saint. So his fine intellect is revealed:. Where would you be without thr crumbs i throw you!  Be grateful or you'll be living under a bridge. Gotta love him       - The little toad.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Stusan said:

I give her props that she didn't ride down to Houston on a mattress in the back of a van. 

I was about to say that--shes very mobile!!!!

• Love 2
Just now, Carrie said:

Okay this creepy James guy is such a good guy - don't ya'll think?.  He "put up" with his wife and children for seven years.  What a saint. So his fine intellect is revealed:. Where would you be without thr crumbs i throw you!  Be grateful or you'll be living under a bridge. Gotta love him       - The little toad.

According to Tamy they broke up and he let her move in with him 1.5 years later because she couldn’t care for herself or the kids due to her health. He then proceeded to care for her too (not just the kids)....yeah I think he’s done his part. 

• Love 8

Sorry so late! Recorded to watch but I didn't wanna miss chatting. Just wanna say at the beginning her belly looked like a giant Kaiser roll.

1 minute ago, Godfrey said:

Holy shit.

Blargh!!!

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Here’s the Christmas card pic. YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!

Thanks. I missed it but was this picture actually a card? WTF!?!? Nothing says Christmas like a black bra and your FUPA.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Stusan said:

Why has no one designed some sort of over the shoulder sling to help with these masses?  I would've totally McGivered something by now. 

She could put tape a swiffer pad to the bottom of her tummy and do her floors as she waddles through her house. 

Edited by Miss Chevious
Misspelling
  • Love 18
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Thanks. I missed it but was this pictures actually a card? WTF!?!?

HA! No, everyone was calling it the Christmas card so I just titled it that. I really have no idea what it actually was though. Sexy Christmas pic for James?