Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: One Month Anniversaries

• Start Topic

Three weeks after meeting for the first time at the altar and exchanging vows, the couples are living together and becoming intimate; things heat up when the couples explore their fantasies in an effort to grow closer together.

• Love 1
(edited)

Barely anything of note happened in this episode.

Jaclyn's starting to get annoyed that Ryan goes out a lot without her and I don't blame her. I can't believe she changed her last name on day one. It was gross of Ryan to suggest that they play strip soccer. Why would you want the camera crew to film you and your wife stripping? Jesus...And I don't like his "This is my ZOMBIE shirt" T-shirt. He's just so cringeworthy to me.

Jephte and Shawniece were very cute, especially when they were arguing about what to name their children. Is it just me, or were they barely in this episode compared to the other two couples?

Molly & Jon: The apple picking and pie-making were cute but she seems so pessimistic--"will we even last 10 years?" when Jon suggested that they wait that long to eat their wedding cake. Eating the ice cream off the floor was kinda funny. I'd probably do the same thing...

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 10
(edited)

Molly, girl, I’ve been defending you for weeks and then you go and eat FLOOR ICE CREAM. So gross!! I’m not a germophobe but damn. Also you have got to get that vocal fry under control or you will need vocal cord surgery before you’re 40. 

Ryan is an idiot. He will never get someone else in Jacklyn’s league but he’s trying to mess it up. 

Jephte’s gifts were tacky but thoughtful and they obviously meant a lot to Shawniece, so I’ll give him that one. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 11
(edited)
48 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Jephte’s gifts were tacky but thoughtful and they obviously meant a lot to Shawniece, so I’ll give him that one.

He couldn't stop running down Shawniece's gifts to him! She doesn't really know him well yet so she gave him ... things he needs and likes. WTF.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

He couldn't stop running down Shawniece's gifts to him! She doesn't really know him well yet so she gave him ... things he needs and likes. WTF.

Yes, it was pretty insensitive. If he treats her like this now, I can see these comments getting progressively more passive-aggressive over the years (if they last that long).

• Love 9

I had wondered if Jon was employed or not during the show and if that was Molly's reason for keeping her distance. Jon confirmed to Jamie that he was )or perhaps still is) unemployed. Both Ryan and Jephte have 2 jobs. I think Jon's lack of employment just has to be what is holding Molly back. 

It was also telling that Jaclyn was complaining about the 2 jobs and Ryan's social life and then we learn Jephte is a full time teacher and on the weekends works at a home for troubled youth. Jephte said that he makes time for his wife and they have date nights.

The edit I think is crazy this season and we are not seeing the real situations. I feel kind of bad for the couples, since having the cameras around so much has to play into their issues and the viewers get to see so little and sometimes distorted views of what is going on. I think the show would be better off having the couples tape a few fun activties on the honeymoon, have them film a few clips of them moving in, a clip of a date night, clip of the in laws meeting and having the episode be a combo of the clips and the couch talk (not Jamie please). The could do away with the camera crew except for the wedding and couch talks and it would be much more natural. I know if you stuck a cameraman in front of my husband and myself at dinner on a specific day reguardless of what was going on (like bad day at work, sickness)  it would be frustrating and end up dull, but letting us film a funny dinner moment ourselves over the course of 1-2 weeks, it would be much better when we could pick a good night. From past couples, it seems the cameras come once a week and you have no choice but to film dinner, outing, questions, even if real life is happening. Sure not the best way to start a marriage or to give viewers a good show to watch. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

The edit I think is crazy this season and we are not seeing the real situations.

The editing is ruining the season for me. Molly and John- everything ok with them now? Making apple pies and talking about the future. After what happened last week? I'm not getting it. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Marriage at one month shouldn't be this boring. 

Molly is not a human being. She is a robot. 

7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Marriage at one month shouldn't be this boring. 

Molly is not a human being. She is a robot. 

Molly is the robot, and Jon is the puppet, and she pulls the strings.

• Love 4

Jacklyn is too good for Ryan.  I don't care what a good worker he is.  Goes out for beers one month after marriage.  What a douche.  He's the type that wants his woman barefoot & pregnant, stay home and shut her mouth.  I think she's gonna dump him.

Jep & Shawnice will make it if he's sincere.  Another couple that did a turn around in one week.  What the hell is going on with this show?  One day they hate each other, the next day they are lovey dovey.  WTF?

• Love 12

I didnt watch the episode.... but I was wondering why some feel it is so bad for him to go out for beers with his friends. Its good to get "guy time" on a regular basis just like the wife should have  "girl time" and not depend on your partner to be your end-all and best friend on top of spouse. I know couples that simply don't know how to socialize unless they are both together, and having time separately with your own friends is very refreshing when you are married, for both partners. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Watching the Unfiltereds is like monthly automatic Emergency Alert System message that come across your TV late at night...annoying, you know what the message is but they still go through the motions of saying the words with the screeching alarm(that would be JO) and you can't wait for it to be over.

Double dose of last night's Unfiltereds was doubly useless...I want Anthony D'Amico to be the host instead of JO so I have some hope of entertainment value.

The most Obvious producer induced moments last night.

The cake toppers presented to the couples after 1 month of marriage...really?

A whole month of faked sentimental feelings would fit in a thimble....or in Jon and Molly's case a head of a pin.

The one month gifts...

Ryan's gift of hot rock massages had as much thought put into it as Costco gift card for movie tickets...

Jacklyn needs to throw those hot rocks at his head because that's where they tumbled out from...

You know Shawniece wanted to give some kind of sex toy but decided to give dignified gifts now that Jephte sees her as his wife...boring...

The event gift of Apple picking was just another producer staged bit where Jon sucks up to Molly to stir her Libido but it is obviously backfiring...

Jon is a eunuch.

Even Neil didn't let Sam make him into her ball-less puppet.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I didnt watch the episode.... but I was wondering why some feel it is so bad for him to go out for beers with his friends. Its good to get "guy time" on a regular basis just like the wife should have  "girl time" and not depend on your partner to be your end-all and best friend on top of spouse. I know couples that simply don't know how to socialize unless they are both together, and having time separately with your own friends is very refreshing when you are married, for both partners. 

He already works multiple jobs. That doesn't mean he shouldn't have a social life with his friends but they just got married and he works a lot as it is. Hanging out with the Bros on weeknights isn't going to help any of their problems. And even he's going out, he could at least try to get home in time to go to bed with his wife together.

• Love 13

Plus he is a heavy gamer and plays a lot of paintball.  He makes so little time for Jaclyn I’m starting to think he doesn’t like her and is adding drinking with friends to his schedule as a way to avoid her.

• Love 6
(edited)

Ryan likes having an affectionate wife warming his bed when he rolls in after a few beers with the guys to relax after work or to ask about his paintball tourney after a weekend away but gives her no priority of his time from his hobbies.

Ryan figures he just has to make superficial gestures like weekly grocery store bouquets, Hallmark cards filled with cheesy sentiments goggled from rom-com movies (bet he hasn't taken the time to view P.S. I Love You).

He has no idea that he isn't the perfect husband...

Even Ryan's parents know how selfish his son is about his time and that will doom his marriage.

Jackie is not the person who can convince Ryan to want to stay home more.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Jacklyn is too good for Ryan.  I don't care what a good worker he is.  Goes out for beers one month after marriage.  What a douche.  He's the type that wants his woman barefoot & pregnant, stay home and shut her mouth.  

42 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I didnt watch the episode.... but I was wondering why some feel it is so bad for him to go out for beers with his friends.

Didn't Jacklyn say that he went out at 11pm?  Also, she said he is gone two other nights a week because of his other job. I could see a couple of drinks at happy hour or something like that but to wait until 11 pm to hit the bars. No bueno. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Didn't Jacklyn say that he went out at 11pm?  Also, she said he is gone two other nights a week because of his other job. I could see a couple of drinks at happy hour or something like that but to wait until 11 pm to hit the bars. No bueno. 

Yes, he went out at 11 pm.  There's nothing wrong with a husband going out with friends, but with Ryan, you could see he has a pattern here.  That is his way of life .. His hobbies, his connection with his fireman friends, etc.  Hes newly married,  works two nights a week, and should be with his wife at this point especially if she's still upset over her ex.  For now, what's more important .. His wife or beers with the friends.  I'd be pissed too.  He's going to win on this one .. He works hard, has multiple jobs, blah, blah, blah.  Wife comes first asshole.  Life isn't all about you Ryan !  Don't be selfish and give up some of your jobs why don't you.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Watching the Unfiltereds is like monthly automatic Emergency Alert System message that come across your TV late at night...annoying, you know what the message is but they still go through the motions of saying the words with the screeching alarm(that would be JO) and you can't wait for it to be over.

Double dose of last night's Unfiltereds was doubly useless...I want Anthony D'Amico to be the host instead of JO so I have some hope of entertainment value.

The most Obvious producer induced moments last night.

The cake toppers presented to the couples after 1 month of marriage...really?

A whole month of faked sentimental feelings would fit in a thimble....or in Jon and Molly's case a head of a pin.

The one month gifts...

Ryan's gift of hot rock massages had as much thought put into it as Costco gift card for movie tickets...

Jacklyn needs to throw those hot rocks at his head because that's where they tumbled out from...

You know Shawniece wanted to give some kind of sex toy but decided to give dignified gifts now that Jephte sees her as his wife...boring...

The event gift of Apple picking was just another producer staged bit where Jon sucks up to Molly to stir her Libido but it is obviously backfiring...

Jon is a eunuch.

Even Neil didn't let Sam make him into her ball-less puppet.

Unfiltered .. Jamie needs a new tablecloth and get rid of those dominatrix shoes that she keeps twirling around.  She can't interview for shit.  That constant phony laugh and smile she has planted on her face is too much.  Yes, get Anthony.  Time for a change.  I only watched it as I thought Molly might be on.  

• Love 4

My only surprise is that there are guys who willingly choose to spend time with Ryan. Maybe he pays for the drinks.

Molly and Ryan are both unfeeling robots in their marriages, but at least Molly recognizes it. Ryan seems to truly believe that going through the motions is all it takes. His programming: Tell her you're sincere. No need to actually modify your behavior, habits, or desires.

I am not on Ryan's side at all, but Jackie needs to stop sleeping with a shitting stuffed animal.

• Love 6
(edited)

Being Boston and all...I think of the movie Ted...with Jackie's teddy bear as her foul mouth companion...

So Jephte has a second job on weekends...

Damn Jon...the other 2 grooms are over employed while you sit on the couch in your flip flops...not a pretty sight...am grossed out by your feet, bro...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, 2727 said:

My only surprise is that there are guys who willingly choose to spend time with Ryan. Maybe he pays for the drinks.

Molly and Ryan are both unfeeling robots in their marriages, but at least Molly recognizes it. Ryan seems to truly believe that going through the motions is all it takes. His programming: Tell her you're sincere. No need to actually modify your behavior, habits, or desires.

I am not on Ryan's side at all, but Jackie needs to stop sleeping with a shitting stuffed animal.

21 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Hats off to Firemen.  They are in my family.  They are very close and consider each other as "brothers".   They get together Very often for different reasons.  Jaclyn either has to accept it eventually. or split.  I agree he shouldn't have left her to go for beers so soon.  He has to sit her down and explain how life with him will be.  Some wives don't mind being left alone so often, and some do.  It will be her choice.   BTW, Hats off to Policemen also.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

I love how Molly truly seems to believe the normal everyday life shit she does with Jon is "adventurous." How mundane must her life have been before all of this?

I feel like she and and everyone she knows must be SO BORING. Which is fine, but she keeps trying to paint herself as wacky and fun-loving, and I'm like " ...?"

• Love 18

This episode was a snoozefest. Actually this whole season has been too. 

If Ryan is in the habit of still going out during the week socializing without the wife, been there, done that, jacklyn is going to have a hard time stopping that habit. Believe me I know! And Ryan said something earlier about living that way for ten years and didn't want to change because that's who he is. 

I think Jon would rather be having sex than making apple pies. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

If Ryan is in the habit of still going out during the week socializing without the wife, been there, done that, jacklyn is going to have a hard time stopping that habit. Believe me I know! And Ryan said something earlier about living that way for ten years and didn't want to change because that's who he is. 

Speaking of apple pies.  Molly picked up a piece off the floor and ate it.  Who does that?  And she acts so classy?  I hope Dawn walked in that same spot.  BTW, I saw Dawns full body lying on the floor in their apartment when they were both being interviewed  by the sex therapist.  So, I imagine the cat has been back and we weren't told.  That was quite the big issue with Molly back then.  Probably fake.

• Love 5
(edited)

Jon served Molly a slab of vanilla ice cream, it slide off her plate to the floor which upon landing and being scooped up (pun intended) Molly was well within the 5 seconds rule.... so Molly picked it up and had hairy apple pie ala mode...yum...

That was probably the only authentic nanosecond of the whole apple pie baking segment.

Champagne and apple pie doesn't sound bad...

Gotta comment on the amount of wine consumed by Molly and Jackie...if the camera's red light is on then make it a super generous pour.....reminds me of the amount those fish of the Housewives of (your city of choice) drinks....

Granted... Jackie has good reasons to drink and Molly has good reasons to drink....Cheers!

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1

I didn't think the dead boyfriend was the real issue with Ryan and Jackie, so now we are seeing what it really is.

Did the experts miss this? Jackie says she was a school teacher but changed jobs to work for an education company to have a 9-5 job. She obviously really values the 9-5 work hours. Lets say Ryan wasn't into paintball and gaming, the fireman 24 hour shifts is a hard match with some who changed their profession to get a 9-5 lifestyle. 

I doubt he will give up 11pm friends nights. After 8 years of the firefighter hours, he is used to being up late nights, sleeping at odd times and it is something that is going to be hard to change. I was married to a surgeon and we ate dinner at 10pm, I put our child to bed at 11pm (before they were school aged just so they could spend some time with dad). I accepted the crazy hours and got used to them as the norm. I also had to accept kind of being a single mom,  going to school, activites, and doctor appointments alone. I do not see Jackie as someone that is going to want to have kids with a man that is gone 2 ,24 hours shifts a week and then off being a house flip landlord and have hobbies. I think she has the dreams of family dinners at the dining table, dad watching junior play soccer and be at all the school meetings.

I guess now we know why Ryan was single. When I first saw him I thought, fireman, owns a home plus rental properties, nice family...why isn't he finding someone? I guess paintball and gaming got in the way. With the 10,000 applicants (or whatever the show boosts) not one girl liked paintball or gaming. I would think anyone into paintball or gaming would have been a better match then 9-5 Jackie. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

This comment made me think of Jon in an American Pie situation.

• Love 12

The yelling of we need proof of Life for Dr. Pepper on the podcast made me bust out laughing for real. Hilarious.

2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I didn't think the dead boyfriend was the real issue with Ryan and Jackie, so now we are seeing what it really is.

Did the experts miss this? Jackie says she was a school teacher but changed jobs to work for an education company to have a 9-5 job. She obviously really values the 9-5 work hours. Lets say Ryan wasn't into paintball and gaming, the fireman 24 hour shifts is a hard match with some who changed their profession to get a 9-5 lifestyle. 

I doubt he will give up 11pm friends nights. After 8 years of the firefighter hours, he is used to being up late nights, sleeping at odd times and it is something that is going to be hard to change. I was married to a surgeon and we ate dinner at 10pm, I put our child to bed at 11pm (before they were school aged just so they could spend some time with dad). I accepted the crazy hours and got used to them as the norm. I also had to accept kind of being a single mom,  going to school, activites, and doctor appointments alone. I do not see Jackie as someone that is going to want to have kids with a man that is gone 2 ,24 hours shifts a week and then off being a house flip landlord and have hobbies. I think she has the dreams of family dinners at the dining table, dad watching junior play soccer and be at all the school meetings.

I guess now we know why Ryan was single. When I first saw him I thought, fireman, owns a home plus rental properties, nice family...why isn't he finding someone? I guess paintball and gaming got in the way. With the 10,000 applicants (or whatever the show boosts) not one girl liked paintball or gaming. I would think anyone into paintball or gaming would have been a better match then 9-5 Jackie. 

Regarding your last paragraph, we already knew why he was single after the first episode. We had already heard him talk.

• Love 11

This was the first episode I just turned off out of sheer boredom.  My house has no heat at the moment and it was easier to just crawl under 4 covers and go to sleep.

But what I did see....Ryan and his buddy toasting each other.  Any chance Ryan bats from both sides of the plate?  Or do firemen just do this?  

You know, we've all known couples where they had to either get married or break up -- and they end up getting married and trying to soldier on through it.  That's what these couples remind me of.  All three of them are couples where dating time would show they are not suited to each other, but they are toughing it out because married.  This is the fundamental flaw in this model.  It's forced.

Meanwhile...what is with Jamie and the schmattes?  Shawls?  Seriously?  And the stringy mouse-brown hair?  She seems to have become one of those formerly hot girls who once she has a husband and a baby, lets herself go to hell.  I'm not saying she should be vain.  I'm no beauty and I never WAS vain.  But Jamie seemed to have a lot invested in being pretty and telegenic, so watching her turn into Granny from the Tweety Bird cartoons is kind of disconcerting.

• Love 6

Ryan doesn’t hear anything that Jaclyn says, he is too busy listening to himself.  

Jon is a people person, he had more fun with Jephte, Jaclyn and Shawneice on Unfiltered than he has with Moldy. He seems sad though. 

Jephte could have given Shawneice a box of rocks and she would have cried (happy tears). They are cute.

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

The yelling of we need proof of Life for Dr. Pepper on the podcast made me bust out laughing for real. Hilarious.

Tara and Brian are so funny, as well as clear-eyed. Bride and Doom is always a delight.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Waterlilly said:

Ryan doesn’t hear anything that Jaclyn says, he is too busy listening to himself.  

Jon is a people person, he had more fun with Jephte, Jaclyn and Shawneice on Unfiltered than he has with Moldy. He seems sad though. 

Jephte could have given Shawneice a box of rocks and she would have cried (happy tears). They are cute.

My huzzzzband said to me that Jon should have been matched with Jaclyn.  He's so right.  The guy is suffering .. he's so unhappy.  Molly is a horror.   Actually, Jon should dump Molly and Jaclyn should dump Ryan and then get together.  That would be something.

Edited by Gem 10
Adding more.
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

This was the first episode I just turned off out of sheer boredom.  My house has no heat at the moment and it was easier to just crawl under 4 covers and go to sleep.

But what I did see....Ryan and his buddy toasting each other.  Any chance Ryan bats from both sides of the plate?  Or do firemen just do this?  

You know, we've all known couples where they had to either get married or break up -- and they end up getting married and trying to soldier on through it.  That's what these couples remind me of.  All three of them are couples where dating time would show they are not suited to each other, but they are toughing it out because married.  This is the fundamental flaw in this model.  It's forced.

Meanwhile...what is with Jamie and the schmattes?  Shawls?  Seriously?  And the stringy mouse-brown hair?  She seems to have become one of those formerly hot girls who once she has a husband and a baby, lets herself go to hell.  I'm not saying she should be vain.  I'm no beauty and I never WAS vain.  But Jamie seemed to have a lot invested in being pretty and telegenic, so watching her turn into Granny from the Tweety Bird cartoons is kind of disconcerting.

I thought that that little clip of Ryan and his friend looked kind of romantic too. If I had seen that not knowing what the show was about, I’d think that it was a date. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Jon wouldn't have been as infatuated at first glance with Jacklyn as he was Molly but... he would soon learn that Jackie has the great family he longs for, is affectionate and lovely...plus he would be  getting plenty of between the sheets time with Jackie....

Jon would be so in love with Jackie he would have gone out and gotten a job within a week of getting back from Jamaica!

Actually leaving the couch and suiting up...

Jackie is the girl who will scuba, jump out of planes, travel the world with Jon.

Jackie is one of those wonderful gals who adapt to your friends, don't mind trying or doing what you like to do if you do the same for her, was an easy baby, is just a nice, friendly person that makes a good first impression and comes off as a gentle soul with open arms to greet you...

Shawniece also comes off the same but with a bit more crying....

Molly is defensive, closed off, insecure, delusional about her opinion of herself and is probably not as haughty and stuck up as she is coming off on the show.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

My huzzzzband said to me that Jon should have been matched with Jaclyn.  He's so right.  The guy is suffering .. he's so unhappy.  Molly is a horror.

Absolutely would have been a better match.  I bet Jaclyn would've even let Dawn sleep with them.

19 minutes ago, Deni said:

I thought that that little clip of Ryan and his friend looked kind of romantic too. If I had seen that not knowing what the show was about, I’d think that it was a date. 

My thought as well... I was wondering what he's up to late at night, after Jaclyn's asleep, & thought he had someone else, or was hitting clubs etc, but their toast made me wonder other things about him.

Reg. Unfiltered:

Shawniece give the Mace to Jaclyn, please; she can use it on Ryan when he crawls in on her at all hours.

I hate you Show, for making me FF through half naked Ryan again...

I have more respect for Shawniece now that she did NOT take credit for that wig, but the crying has to stop already. I'm exhausted just watching her segments.

Who are these ‘fans’ writing in questions when the show hadn’t even aired yet??

And what the hell is Jamie drinking in that mug?  She’s really ramped up the annoying this season.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Actually, Jon should dump Molly and Jaclyn should dump Ryan and then get together.  That would be something.

This season is so boring, but maybe the first with a final twist - Jon & Jaclyn's big announcement of making their own match.

16 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jackie is so nice that Dawn would mellow out and be a lap cat... competing with Jon for Jackie's lap....

The alternate pairing could have been the Anthony and Ashley of this season....

A&A last season - could be J&J this season.  Or J&J&D... that would be a cute little family. Maybe even cuter than A&A & their snails.

• Love 2

If two women toasted each other with a glass of wine, would people think they were in a relationship?

I didn’t know two people of the same sex couldn’t toast each other without thinking they were a couple.  Good to know.

• Love 13

Damn .. I should of taped the second "unfiltered" with Jep, Jon & Jaclyn.  They were having a high ole time laughing and kidding around on the couch.  If I recall, Jaclyn looked pretty sexy in that dress.  I'd like to see If Jon reacted in any way towards her.  Do they repeat Unfiltered on t.v.?