Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Risking Arrest

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I live and work in the Bay Area, I have participated in the SF Pride Parade, and I can assure you firsthand that most LBGT people are neither rich nor white.

Also, I note that one of the families in Seeking Sister Wife have announced a move to Oregon to "avoid arrest". Is that a prerequisite to obtaining a regular TLC reality show gig? It seems the only plyg people who do such a thing are the ones on TV.  

It is a side-effect of being on a Reality Show.  Extreme Paranoia.  

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Light said:

I wonder how much they read this site. Notice when during the TH, Robyn started crying again, and she was apologizing for it, Kody said, “Nobody’s MOCKING your tears HERE, ok?”

I thought it was hysterical that she went for a bottle of water when she started to cry.  I’d be afraid of spitting/choking. 

17 hours ago, Enya Face said:

Can I suggest we make an awful hybrid name, something along the lines of “Mariahybrows”??

Robyn’s eyebrows looked suspect too. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I live and work in the Bay Area, I have participated in the SF Pride Parade, and I can assure you firsthand that most LBGT people are neither rich nor white.

Also, I note that one of the families in Seeking Sister Wife have announced a move to Oregon to "avoid arrest". Is that a prerequisite to obtaining a regular TLC reality show gig? It seems the only plyg people who do such a thing are the ones on TV.  

If I wanted to move a giant Family and a tv station offered to pay for it, I’d probably go for it! 

• Love 2

The thing that bothered me most about this episode was that we are just now learning the move negatively impacted Paedon.  At the time, all everyone talked about was how hard it was for Maddie and Hunter, especially Hunter.  I feel sorry for Christine’s kids, because the Browns have never hidden the fact that Janelle’s kids are the clear favorites and that Mariah is a special snow flake.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The thing that bothered me most about this episode was that we are just now learning the move negatively impacted Paedon.

I bet that there have been a lot of behaviors surrounding that disgusting fake drama that we will never know, especially among the younger ones.  Because they were young, some of the acting out that they might have exhibited was either ignored or brushed off at the time.   Finally Paedon is able to show how things really affected him back then. 

Of course, the Clueless Clowns will always find someone else to blame for any issues rather than taking a hard look at what their machinations to remain on the TLC Gravy Train have meant to the kids.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

The thing that bothered me most about this episode was that we are just now learning the move negatively impacted Paedon.  At the time, all everyone talked about was how hard it was for Maddie and Hunter, especially Hunter.  I feel sorry for Christine’s kids, because the Browns have never hidden the fact that Janelle’s kids are the clear favorites and that Mariah is a special snow flake.

I remember being heartbroken for Paedon during that crying scene and the one with the van. Then he kind of disappeared for a while.

i think Paedon is starting to piece together how much shit his parents put him through for the sake of tv drama. And that’s part of why he vehemently did not want to go to the march. He knows it’s bullshit. 

• Love 13

My biggest take away from this episode?  I've been watching this show for 7 years.  7 years!  When they showed the old clips that said "2011", I nearly died.  I clearly need a life.

Also, if polygamy is illegal in Utah but a-okay everywhere else, why do all of the polygamists live in Utah?  Why not just relocate to any other state and live openly? I'm not American, but if how I wanted to live my life was illegal in my province, I'd just move to another one.  Same country, different scenery.  Other religious communities have relocated throughout history, so it's not as though it has never been done before.

• Love 10
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Also, if polygamy is illegal in Utah but a-okay everywhere else, why do all of the polygamists live in Utah?  Why not just relocate to any other state and live openly?

Polygamy (legally marrying more than one spouse) is illegal in all 50 states and referred to as bigamy.

Marrying one person (legally) and then "spiritually" marrying and cohabitating with others who are referred to as one's spouse(s) is specifically prohibited by statute in Utah. (Hence the "Risking Arrest" and all of the Brown Clan's paranoia about Utah, specifically.  I'm pretty sure Nevada, where they currently live, couldn't care less if they want to cohabitate and call each other spouse, as long as they don't go to the courthouse and get legally hitched to more than one person.)

not sure what the other 49 states have on their books regarding the same situation, but if you study up on how Utah became a state, you'll notice it is chock full of Mormon related issues that other states aren't as concerned about.

I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of it, anyway.

Fun Historical Fact:

Missouri Executive Order 44, also known as the Extermination Order, was an executive order issued on October 27, 1838, by the Governor of Missouri, Lilburn Boggs. The order was issued in the aftermath of the Battle of Crooked River, a clash between Latter-day Saints and a unit of the Missouri State Militia in northern Ray County, Missouri, during the 1838 Mormon War. Claiming that Latter-day Saints had committed open and avowed defiance of the law and had made war upon the people of Missouri, Governor Boggs directed that "the Mormons must be treated as enemies, and must be exterminated or driven from the State if necessary for the public peace—their outrages are beyond all description".

Edited by kicotan
  • Love 4

I read Gone With the Wind more than once, and I remember the Tarleton twins' mother warning them about their desire for Scarlett, something along the lines of, if that sly piece accepts both of you, you'll have to move to Utah, if the Mormons will have you.  So even in Civil War times, it was apparently known that Utah was the place to be, should one desire more than one spouse.  What's weird to me, is that Scarlett may have been allowed two husbands in those times, and that can't be right, can it?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Also, if polygamy is illegal in Utah but a-okay everywhere else, why do all of the polygamists live in Utah?  Why not just relocate to any other state and live openly? I'm not American, but if how I wanted to live my life was illegal in my province, I'd just move to another one.  Same country, different scenery.  Other religious communities have relocated throughout history, so it's not as though it has never been done before.

Polygamists do live in many other states.  There are pockets in Arizona, Wyoming, Montana that I have read about...across the border in Canada is a large sect of the Warren Jeffs type of FLDS as well as Texas and pockets in Mexico and possibly further south.

Utah is only unique with the anti cohabitation law.  No other state has a law on the books that states you may not live with a woman who is not your wife and call her your wife or act towards her in a husband/wifely manner. That's the part that the Browns are crowing about, they only want that taken out of the statute to decriminalize the act of calling a legally unmarried woman your wife. I mean...I've read a lot about it and many, many polygamists have the wives in separate houses and apartments, so....they are single women with children living on their own in the eyes of the law.  None have been arrested since the 50's for such a thing.

In my humble opinion...when Kody is himming and hawing over "we are second class citizens" and "we don't have our rights" he isn't crowing at ALL about the law on the books...but the perception of the society of the Mainstream Mormons.  When the Mormon church woke up one day a hundred years ago, and their prophet said "hey...God told me over breakfast this morning that he has changed his mind about this whole livin' the Principle thing.  He wants us to join up our territory of Utah with the ole United States of Murica!!  We have to give it up and go all monogamist so we can join up with the others and all!!" And there it is!  So it has been said, so it shall be written and all that. 

But...as with every religion on the planet...not everyone agrees.  So the keepers of the true faith became the fundamentalist groups of the Mormons and went into secret because they are the true chosen ones and all.  They WANT to be secret and persecuted!!  That way they can raise their children with the same fears of hell and damnation that many, many ultra conservative religious pockets do, and in that way indoctrinate them and keep them ignorant of the outside world, so they are just too damn scared to disobey or leave. When they live in an area they take over that area with people, police and government so that they control pretty much everything.  You hear/read the stories of the young people trying to escape and the police (who are in their church) taking them right back to where they started. 

However...in the areas where the Mainstream Mormons dominate, then you have the society looking down on those nasty polygamy people...if it comes out that a man has extra wives tucked away he will lose business, his children mocked and teased and the whole family being a type of shunned in their society.  If a man is running for mayor (Kody brought this kind of thing up) and it comes out that he is a polygamist....OOOhhhhh....no one will vote for him because hes doing bad things.  blah. blah. blah. Also...the whole take an oath to uphold the laws, but you can't because you are "technically" breaking the whole cohabitation thing.  My first thought was as long as you keep those wives happy in their own homes..then who gives a whoop that they are getting visited by one man shared among many.  But...the mainstream Mormons care and openly condemn polygamists.  Think...Big Love...

Leave it to Kody to just leave out all the reality and ONLY use the gloom and doom crapola for the cameras. Playing it up as though swat teams are going to be waiting for him at the border.  Especially since all of that bunch go back and forth freely to Utah all the damn time!! Either the whole bunch of them are truly bloody ignorant of the whole law or they are really playing up the crap for the cameras.  They do come off as really believing that shit that they are spewing with great passion etc etc.  I could be wrong....maybe along the way with the cameras they have learned to act and stuff, but they really seem to think they are in danger of going to jail when they don't even bloody LIVE in Utah!!  If the state was going to make a fuss over anyone they would go after creepy eye Darger.  Because you know...he's been open about polygamy, he actively speaks out about the whole laws and stuff...and he lives in that state!!! Kody is an idiot.  Plain and simple.  Either he is one...or he plays one on telly.  You choose.

• Love 9

OH!!  And another thought...

So.  Kody.  If cohabitation is all it takes to get your polygamist backside tossed in the clink....then tell me this.  WHY could the great state of Utah not get Warren Jeffs locked up!!??  He's got a laundry list of nasty law breaking things, more wives than anyone really knows, imported young child wives, threats to murder those against him and a few people here and there willing to take the stand and speak out against him.  Yet Utah couldn't lock him up, or find him when they kinda sorta tried.

It took the state of Texas to get him, put him on trial and lock him up.  If Utah can't do it to Jeffs...they certainly don't even care about YOU!

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

It took the state of Texas to get him, put him on trial and lock him up.  If Utah can't do it to Jeffs...they certainly don't even care about YOU!

Well said, Roslyn.  And well written thoughts as well.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Well said, Roslyn.  And well written thoughts as well.

Thank you.  Part of me wants to open a twitter account JUST to tweet that to Kody the man.  But maybe that's the very delicious Sangria that I've been enjoying tonight talking...

;)

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

WHY could the great state of Utah not get Warren Jeffs locked up!!??

Warren Jeffs lived in Colorado City, which is in Arizona. We don't have the same cohab law but we do have the compact between our AG and the Utah AG to prosecute polygamists the same way in both states.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Warren Jeffs lived in Colorado City, which is in Arizona. We don't have the same cohab law but we do have the compact between our AG and the Utah AG to prosecute polygamists the same way in both states.

Did Arizona ever put him on trial?  My head is fuzzy with all the technicalities.

12 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Thank you.  Part of me wants to open a twitter account JUST to tweet that to Kody the man.  But maybe that's the very delicious Sangria that I've been enjoying tonight talking...

;)

Is that white people Sangria?  LOL.  But that might just be the iced tea and vodka talking.  ;)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Is that white people Sangria?  LOL.  But that might just be the iced tea and vodka talking.  ;)

Oh yes!! :D

Been infusing for two weeks now.  local Concord wine with blackberries, black raspberries and pineapple and kicked with lime zest infused amber rum, and a twist of fresh lime...oh yum!!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Roslyn said:

Did Arizona ever put him on trial?

No. Until the last several years, the God Squad and Colorado City Town Marshall's (all FLDS and still under the control of jailed Jeffs) were able to keep the Mohave County Sheriff and AG Investigators at bay. But the State was finally able to get the town marshalls decommissioned due to their illegal and unethical behavior. The SO patrols the area as best they can (is is remote and at the edge of the county) and the AG's office has increased their investigative presence. There has been some upheaval with the leaders and mayor due to this. But Warren still has a hold on the majority of the folks through his smuggled sermons.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

12 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Oh yes!! :D

Been infusing for two weeks now.  local Concord wine with blackberries, black raspberries and pineapple and kicked with lime zest infused amber rum, and a twist of fresh lime...oh yum!

Sorry guys..... We're gonna need FFT (Fat Fuck Tony) to chime in as to whether it is white people or Mexican Sangria.   He is the authority, after all.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

No. Until the last several years, the God Squad and Colorado City Town Marshall's (all FLDS and still under the control of jailed Jeffs) were able to keep the Mohave County Sheriff and AG Investigators at bay. But the State was finally able to get the town marshalls decommissioned due to their illegal and unethical behavior. The SO patrols the area as best they can (is is remote and at the edge of the county) and the AG's office has increased their investigative presence. There has been some upheaval with the leaders and mayor due to this. But Warren still has a hold on the majority of the folks through his smuggled sermons.

Wow.  Thanks.  What a totally f***ed up world that is.  I mean... it's in the borders of the US and all, but it's a whole different world than most of us can really imagine.  I can remember after reading one of my first books from an escaped FLDS woman and having a talk with my husband.  He has traveled all over the US/world for work and was just shocked at the fact they live like they do and pretty much get away with whatever they want (mostly...)

1 minute ago, tabloidlover said:

Sorry guys..... We're gonna need FFT (Fat Fuck Tony) to chime in as to whether it is white people or Mexican Sangria.   He is the authority, after all.

lolol

Yes, being a man he will have the final say.  But I'll give him a headstart.  I'm a woman. I am quite pale skinned...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

OH!!  And another thought...

So.  Kody.  If cohabitation is all it takes to get your polygamist backside tossed in the clink....then tell me this.  WHY could the great state of Utah not get Warren Jeffs locked up!!??  He's got a laundry list of nasty law breaking things, more wives than anyone really knows, imported young child wives, threats to murder those against him and a few people here and there willing to take the stand and speak out against him.  Yet Utah couldn't lock him up, or find him when they kinda sorta tried.

Oh my GOSH!!  I googled!!!!!!

Utah DID lock him up.  Found him guilty, but lost him in appeal with a trial technicality.  Dayam.  It's kinda funny tho.  It was Nevada who caught him (with a traffic stop) and sent him packing to Utah.  So....if Utah wanted Kody Brown and company so damn much they would just call up Nevada and get him shipped in.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Let’s open a FFTFT! (Fat fuck tony food truck.) Minimum of 10 tacos per order. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Utah DID lock him up. 

I had forgotten about that! He was charged with forcing young girls into marriage with old guys. He went on the run for almost a year. There was a question about whether he would be tried in Utah or Arizona because he was doing this in both Hildale, Utah and Colorado City, AZ. Utah ended up taking the case, but lost. I wish we had tried it.

But as far as Warren being arrested for being a polygamist (like Kody is wailing about), no, he has not been arrested for that in Utah.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

Let’s open a FFTFT! (Fat fuck tony food truck.) Minimum of 10 tacos per order. 

It will be painted either silver with maroon lettering or maroon with silver lettering.  It will only serve FT approved Mexican food, including tacos and hot chocolate.  At special events there will be a FT shaped pinata for folks to beat while they wait for their food

• Love 9
On 2/27/2018 at 1:13 PM, Sasha888 said:

YOU did not go, Robyn. You also only allowed one of your children to go, and he is either 18 or close to it (he's around Paedon's age).

I believe she said on the show that she was disappointed that none of her extended family planned to go.

She found a convenient excuse not to go - but she has a live-in nanny, her niece, and if she really, REALLY cared so much about the rally, she could've taken her kids to Utah but left them at the hotel with her niece Mindy during the rally (I'm assuming they all stayed overnight somewhere...everyone was packing a bag).

Hell, she didn't even have to watch Janelle's kids - Janelle made other arrangements (very telling) and Christine had her kids with her. 

So don't get on your high horse about people not going to the rally, and being so disappointed that it "broke your heart", when you didn't care enough to go yourself. "Hypocrite" is not a good color on you, Robyn.

I doubt her family members are "scared". 

Maybe they're FINE with the law as is. As long as they don't do anything like fraud or underage marriage, nothing's going to happen. 

Maybe they knew it would be a TLC extravaganza and they just didn't want to bother. I really think this "March" was producer-driven. It's like a mini calvalcade of the Poligamy Stars. Who knows, maybe it was a casting call disguised as a rally. 

Perhaps some of them declined because they're so done with Robyn's shit.

It was February, it looked cold out there. They didn't care enough to spend their day off freezing. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Maybe they're FINE with the law as is. As long as they don't do anything like fraud or underage marriage, nothing's going to happen. 

Maybe they knew it would be a TLC extravaganza and they just didn't want to bother. I really think this "March" was producer-driven. It's like a mini calvalcade of the Poligamy Stars. Who knows, maybe it was a casting call disguised as a rally. 

Perhaps some of them declined because they're so done with Robyn's shit 

Isn't this the same excuse Robyn gave for why most of her family wasn't shown during her wedding???

• Love 5
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Perhaps some of them declined because they're so done with Robyn's shit.

It was February, it looked cold out there. They didn't care enough to spend their day off freezing. 

Mentioned something similar in the "spoilers" topic. Having been a LEO, I can say plyg families aren't exactly on our radar unless abuse or suspected serious criminal activity is going on. No one cares. This "fear" is bullshit and honestly, very boring.

This show has hit rock bottom. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Mentioned something similar in the "spoilers" topic. Having been a LEO, I can say plyg families aren't exactly on our radar unless abuse or suspected serious criminal activity is going on. No one cares. This "fear" is bullshit and honestly, very boring.

This show has hit rock bottom. 

It was boring bullshit way back in season 1, before we really knew them.  Now that they have shown their asses over the years and we know who they really are, it's even more unpalatable.  And yet, I still hate-watch.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, DakotaJustice said:

I still maintain that the police were driving by the Browns' home to chase off the paparazzi hanging around their home. 

Same here. They were the new reality starz on TV and the paps wanted candid pics. Plus there were TV crews outside Same thing with the new plygs on Seeking Sister Wives. The neighbors didn't call the owners of the Briney's house to complain about them being plygs, they called to complain about the crews and looky loos plugging up the street and yards.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Same here. They were the new reality starz on TV and the paps wanted candid pics. Plus there were TV crews outside Same thing with the new plygs on Seeking Sister Wives. The neighbors didn't call the owners of the Briney's house to complain about them being plygs, they called to complain about the crews and looky loos plugging up the street and yards.

I read somewhere that it was ambulance or fire truck siren and not police.  They say that there is a difference.  Guess I never noticed.

• Love 4

I find it funny how Kody goes on and on this episode about how Utah sees him as a second class citizen, and if they go to Utah, they could be arrested. But at the same time, of all of this, they are going to Utah, and opening up a bed and breakfast in the state. Huh?

Yep, Utah really has it out for you, that's why you are actively opening up a new family business there, with absolutely no push back or really any care from the Utah legislators?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I read somewhere that it was ambulance or fire truck siren and not police.  They say that there is a difference. 

Yeah, I am one of the people saying that. I am retired LE and know the difference. Plus back when it happened, someone that lived near the Browns posted on the Sister Wives Blog that a fire station is just around the corner from their house.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Yeah, I am one of the people saying that. I am retired LE and know the difference. Plus back when it happened, someone that lived near the Browns posted on the Sister Wives Blog that a fire station is just around the corner from their house.

But it sure made for a dramatic tv moment! :P

I like the Browns but I didn't like the way the move to Vegas was handled. Pure bullshyte tv drama. I hope the kids were clued in that this was just for show and they weren't in any imminent danger.

17 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

It will be painted either silver with maroon lettering or maroon with silver lettering.  It will only serve FT approved Mexican food, including tacos and hot chocolate.  At special events there will be a FT shaped pinata for folks to beat while they wait for their food

Don't forget the Tres Leches! 

• Love 1
On 2/25/2018 at 7:32 PM, Sasha888 said:

Janelle - Christine's probably the only person I know who could be told she had to speak in front of 300 or 400 people in 15 minutes and do it gracefully.

Um...not buying that there were 300 to 400 people there, Janelle.

I will say this though...Christine's probably the only person I know who'd give a speech in that outfit. 

Holy dancing Moses. Looked like she borrowed a shirt from a huge man, and then wore it over red long underwear.

I am gonna have to see this.  Confession.  In the 80's when leggings were the thing, I used to wear long underwear with large shirts.  My excuse is I was a teen.

• Love 2
On 2/25/2018 at 11:12 PM, LotusFlower said:

400 people were at the rally.

400 people were at Mykelti and FT’s wedding.

Apparently, to the Browns, 50 = 400.

Its pretty funny how wrong people are about the number of people in any given gathering.  I have to report the number of attendee's at my venue in reports and the numbers are also reported by our student staff.  Events where I KNOW there are 300+ people in attendance have been reported as less than 50 by the students.  Even when we have 800 (capacity) it looks like 1/2 that based on how closely people stand.  I think they are so used to <phrase of the week> white lies they do it without even thinking.  

• Love 1
On 2/26/2018 at 9:07 AM, islandgal140 said:

You know what??!? My main problem with religious based polygamy (along with the other issues that shall remain unmentioned) is that I always come back to S1 when Meri and Kodi went out to dinner and she brought up a scenario where a woman would have multiple spouses as opposed to the man and Kodi got his patented blank Homer Simpson stare, followed by a look of absolute revulsion and declared that scenario as unnatural and disgusting. UNNATURAL AND DISGUSTING.  At the heart of FLDS polygamy, there is just a lot of sexism, female exploitation and fuckbois wanting a Frito lay variety pack of pussy all not only sanctioned but required by God.  Worse yet, men alone have the keys to the kingdom of heaven and women can be locked out of eternal life and heaven if they don't comply. The only persons with true freedom in this scenario, whether they believe or admit or not, are the men. So the FLDS plyg life something I can never get behind. 

I love this sentence!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I think they are so used to <phrase of the week> white lies they do it without even thinking.  

I think it’s less an honest mistake and more about grandiosity and ego.  Hundreds of people rallied to support us!  Hundreds of people came to our wedding and ate fish tacos!  

• Love 4
On 2/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, VedaPierce said:

Mariah's eyebrows in the couch segments are really taking on a life of their own. They scared me when I saw them. 

The Browns have never given a damn about polygamous abuses. Never. Kody's initial response about the people chanting about abuse was to want them to sit down and shut up. Who the hell does he think he is? Only Kody's wants, needs and desires matter. 

Mariah and Meri, I just discovered Elf has eyebrow stencils.  Seriously, one of the least expensive brands of make up has them.  Buy them!  Man, they need to fix these stat if they want people to start paying attention to the show again.  Distracting!  

On 2/26/2018 at 7:59 PM, toodles said:

Mariah's Eyebrows will be my new board name if I ever decide to make a change.  You heard it here first.

In fact,  I'm surprised they don't have their own FB page.  My brother takes his office stapler on vacation.  He takes pictures with it wherever he goes and it has its own Fb page. It's pretty funny and a little sad.  That stapler travels more than I do. 

I may have to start a twitter account of Meri's eyebrows.  Seriously, its a near obsession.

Is his stapler a Swingline?  Cause if it is, I do NOT blame him!  Those things rock!  Mine is a lovely red however, it does not travel (that I know of!).

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Mariah and Meri, I just discovered Elf has eyebrow stencils.  Seriously, one of the least expensive brands of make up has them.  Buy them!  Man, they need to fix these stat if they want people to start paying attention to the show again.  Distracting!  

I may have to start a twitter account of Meri's eyebrows.  Seriously, its a near obsession.

Is his stapler a Swingline?  Cause if it is, I do NOT blame him!  Those things rock!  Mine is a lovely red however, it does not travel (that I know of!).

I almost bought a red one when I saw Office Space for the first time.  Love that movie.

Looking at Meri's eyebrows reminds me I need to schedule a waxing.  Mariah should just go back to her natural blonde? color.  Her eyebrows are way too dark.  Why waste time when one is young coloring hair?  Time enough when one gets a noticeable amount of gray or white hair, like I did in my mid-30's.  

@Sandy W, fellow hate watcher here.  I was honestly intrigued and interested the first couple of seasons.  Now?  Just to snark.   

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I almost bought a red one when I saw Office Space for the first time.  Love that movie.

Looking at Meri's eyebrows reminds me I need to schedule a waxing.  Mariah should just go back to her natural blonde? color.  Her eyebrows are way too dark.  Why waste time when one is young coloring hair?  Time enough when one gets a noticeable amount of gray or white hair, like I did in my mid-30's.  

@Sandy W, fellow hate watcher here.  I was honestly intrigued and interested the first couple of seasons.  Now?  Just to snark.   

Me too!  It was my inspiration yet when I got it I found it really is a great stapler!

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It would be awesome to start a Twitter for the eyebrows.

The stapler is just a standard gray office one.  Not a nice, flashy red one.  My brother's stapler gets around.⛲???:-D 

• Love 3

I watched this episode this morning not heeding the warnings from y'all.  I'm a Christian and stand on biblical Christianity.  That being said, I was so offended by the little prayer circle when Mormons believe that Jesus is the "brother" of Satan, and to pray in His name.  Kody thinks he's destined to be god of his own planet, just as Jesus "got" this one.  

And only one of wives get to go with him.

Mormon theology has no hope, the hope unseen.  As yet.  There is nothing in the either the OT or NT where God affirms plural marriage.  Nothing good comes out of it.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I wonder which plural family she knows that is happy?  

So do I.  Who is this happy plural family Meri? Is there more then one? I haven't seen one on TV or read a book about a happy polygamist family yet. The Browns aren't, the Williams weren't, I read the Darger book their not happy either.          

• Love 5

This is ludicrous...only one of the women is married to Kody, so there is no bigamy. They don't even live together! There are a few states where "alienation of affection" laws are on the books, but not in NV. Anyone can #*$& anyone else, and you can live with whomever you choose. There are many polyamorous family units out there too, which contain a mix of men, women, and sexual orientations.

They're known as "alienation of affection" suits, when an "outsider" interferes in a marriage. The suits are allowed in seven states: Hawaii, Illinois, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota and Utah. I actually know someone in NC who successfully won a case for this.

I can see the upcoming ep is full of Meri's wet bar o' tears...if she's so into to Kody, why did she agree to the divorce? And now she wants back in? Only the states with common-law marriage would possibly recognize the other women as spouses, and NV is not among them. These women, and those in the other polygamy shows, do not seem smart enough to understand how little they have in terms of financial or legal rights when everything erodes. Clearly they relationships often fall apart over time, and the non-legal wives are left with nothing. Kody's only responsibility is to Robyn.

• Love 4

I had a dream (nightmare??) last night that I was Caleb’s 2nd wife. We all went on vacation. Going through customs was a mess, then all the moms fought over which bungalow they would get even though they were all the same. Then the vacation was 5 nights, but Kody has 4 wives, so there was a lot of tension over who would get the extra night. 

What has my dreamworld become?!?!

• Love 4
On 3/2/2018 at 7:06 PM, xwordfanatik said:

True.  My mother and father wouldn't let me color mine as teen.  My mothers paternal family had a tendency to go gray early.  I started getting gray hairs in my early twenties.  But it wasn't real noticeable until i was in my early 40's.  I am now 54 and solid white like my mother.  But I color it and have for about 10-12 years now.  And I let a professional do it so it looks nicer.  

• Love 2