Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Risking Arrest

• Start Topic

And, again, this is just old news.  This crap went on long ago, we already know that there was no arrest, we already know there was no drama.  How gives a fuck about what happened over a year ago?  I certainly don't.  

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wonder which word will be the most overused, "felon," "arrested," or "prosecuted."

Perhaps we should make it a drinking game. Every time one of them makes a bullshit reference to any of the above you have to slam down two fingers of your favorite adult beverage. Then mess up your hair.

At the end of the night we will all be red faced and rambling with rats nests for hairdos just like Kody.

I would add in a bonus double shot requirement for every time Meri says "dill" and "fillings" in the same sentence but I don't want anyone to die from alcohol poisoning. 

@Celia Rubenstein, oooh, I can't wait!  Mr. Xword may have to pick me up off the floor.  

Gawd, this bunch gets more ridiculous every damn season.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm really looking forward to this episode. Of course no one is going to get arrested, but still, I find it interesting. From the pictures posted on the other thread, it looks like quite a few of the Browns made it to the march.

Added a word for ya.  And the Dargers look to have been there, too.  Two large families, one small crowd.  And Kody was worried that the LGBT march in Washington would detract from their march in Utah????  Delusional much?

• Love 20

It might be an all new episode but it's all old news, Janelle.  Try coming up with something that didn't happen over a year ago, that we don't all already know about, and that any of us care about because I certainly don't. Sick to death of your whining.

• Love 20
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And, again, this is just old news.  This crap went on long ago, we already know that there was no arrest, we already know there was no drama.  How gives a fuck about what happened over a year ago?  I certainly don't.  

I understand that, but some of us still watch and enjoy the show, for whatever reasons. I KNOW that this all happened a long time ago. I get it. I still enjoy seeing how things played out. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Added a word for ya.  And the Dargers look to have been there, too.  Two large families, one small crowd.  And Kody was worried that the LGBT march in Washington would detract from their march in Utah????  Delusional much?

Eh, just a way of promoting the Utah protest episode.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

If the Browns make the trip in an RV, and Kody gets splattered with shit like in a previous episode, that will make it worth watching, to me.

I still say one of the boys left the valve like that, on purpose!  LOL

I always wondered if it wasn't a film producer...

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I always wondered if it wasn't a film producer...

Hahaha!  Could have been, I didn't think of that!  I'm sure Doofus would be floored to find out he was sabotaged by someone, whoever it was.  

I DVD the episodes and watch Monday a.m.  I'm sure I'll have tons to snark about, tomorrow.

• Love 5

I watch this show every week but I’m skipping this one.  The only way these idiots are “Risking Arrest” (episode title) is if they trespass, damage property, refuse to follow a lawful order, engage in disorderly conduct, etc., while they are in Utah for or during the protest march.  The Browns live in Nevada, and therefore the state of Utah currently has no jurisdiction whatsoever over these people or their lifestyle.  Janelle’s post says they can be found guilty of a felony in the state of Utah for living their religion, but that is not accurate. If they move back to Utah, the law as written would authorize prosecution, although it would be unlikely to actually happen given the published statements by the Utah Attorney General’s Office that polygamists will only be prosecuted when fraud or child/domestic abuse are also present.  I can certainly see from their point of view that they want to protest those laws and argue for legislative change so that they’re not depending on the discretion of elected officials in whether to enforce laws on the books if they move back to Utah, but to pretend like they’re risking anything now is absolutely absurd and dishonest. 

I’m not about to get into an argument with anyone about whether polygamy should be legalized in Utah or anywhere else, and I certainly understand that TLC wants to amp up drama, but the episode title, TLC promos, and Janelle’s post are absolutely inaccurate unless there is already an outstanding warrant for their arrest in Utah that would be executed when they step foot back in the state’s jurisdiction, and we’ve seen zero evidence of that.  

• Love 15
50 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am personally rooting for a surprise ending where Kody gets dragged away in handcuffs with Janelle and Meri clutching his ankles, sobbing.  Between the four wives they can't come up with enough money to bail him out, and it's revealed he is still being held in a Utah jail to this day. Cut to scenes of all his wives much happier without him around and getting along a thousand times better. The end.

I would love this, but only if he was arrested for anything BUT polygamy.  In my city, it's illegal to have an inoperable, unlicensed car on the street.  Maybe he could get hauled away for that?  Or perhaps he's forgotten to return some library books?  

I think you are correct about the wives getting along better without Kody in the picture.  The competition for attention would end and tensions would ease measurably.    

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I watch this show every week but I’m skipping this one.  The only way these idiots are “Risking Arrest” (episode title) is if they trespass, damage property, refuse to follow a lawful order, engage in disorderly conduct, etc., while they are in Utah for or during the protest march.  The Browns live in Nevada, and therefore the state of Utah currently has no jurisdiction whatsoever over these people or their lifestyle.  Janelle’s post says they can be found guilty of a felony in the state of Utah for living their religion, but that is not accurate. If they move back to Utah, the law as written would authorize prosecution, although it would be unlikely to actually happen given the published statements by the Utah Attorney General’s Office that polygamists will only be prosecuted when fraud or child/domestic abuse are also present.  I can certainly see from their point of view that they want to protest those laws and argue for legislative change so that they’re not depending on the discretion of elected officials in whether to enforce laws on the books if they move back to Utah, but to pretend like they’re risking anything now is absolutely absurd and dishonest. 

I’m not about to get into an argument with anyone about whether polygamy should be legalized in Utah or anywhere else, and I certainly understand that TLC wants to amp up drama, but the episode title, TLC promos, and Janelle’s post are absolutely inaccurate unless there is already an outstanding warrant for their arrest in Utah that would be executed when they step foot back in the state’s jurisdiction, and we’ve seen zero evidence of that.  

I completely agree with you but I'm going to give Janelle a pass because I think her post was referring to the threat of arrest if they lived their lifestyle in Utah. I don't think she was saying that they could get arrested just for stepping foot in the state right now.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I completely agree with you but I'm going to give Janelle a pass because I think her post was referring to the threat of arrest if they lived their lifestyle in Utah. I don't think she was saying that they could get arrested just for stepping foot in the state right now.

Christine seems to say (believe) that, when she says she is afraid they will be arrested, and that she had paperwork drawn up giving Robyn legal guardianship of her children. 

Drama.

• Love 13

The only way these idiots are “Risking Arrest” (episode title) is if they trespass, damage property, refuse to follow a lawful order, engage in disorderly conduct, etc., while they are in Utah for or during the protest march. 

Which we are all fully aware did not happen.  How stupid do they think we are? Anyone with access to the internet already knows it was a pitifully poor non-event and will change nothing.  Polygamy will stay illegal.  Making it legal would be a logistical nightmare as I noted previously.   Let it go.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

I'm flipping over to The Walking Dead at 9 so will catch the 2nd hour later, but already the weeping and gnashing of teeth has gotten on my nerves.

I had to DVR The Walking Dead since Mr. MoodyGirl and fam are too busy to watch that tonight....so I guess I am stuck with this shit show the whole 2 hours. No one else cares to watch it with me....?

• Love 2
On 2/24/2018 at 6:00 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Perhaps we should make it a drinking game. Every time one of them makes a bullshit reference to any of the above you have to slam down two fingers of your favorite adult beverage. Then mess up your hair.

I BURST out laughing at this little addition...not just take a drink, MESS UP YOUR HAIR! Oh my...still trying to catch my breath from laughing so hard. You are HILARIOUS! 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, GrannySmith said:

Let me know what Paedon says.

HA! He said he will pass on going, they asked him why and he said he just doesn't want to.

Robyn you sly fox, she says she will stay home to watch the kids.

Caleb has "mixed feelings" about going, in other words he would rather hang out on the couch but doesn't want to be the bad guy to his in-laws.

• Love 15

I was surprised Caleb mentioned his faith didn’t sanction polygamy.  Good on him.

BUT.  Then he said he’d go support them.  HUH?

Cody and Christine, leave Paedon (or whatever the f’d spelling is) alone.  He doesn’t want to participate.  Respect that.  He’s a teenager, don’t force him to march against (or for) something he may not believe in.  

Edited by CSunshine76
ETA: typi
  • Love 16