Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: In-Laws And Friends

• Start Topic

Molly is one of those people that thinks she's all sorts of things she isn't.  That woman has issues galore.  She's a "Miss Priss" and kind of stuck-up to boot.  Jon is the kind of guy most women would be thrilled to be matched with so her problems with him are all in her head.  Whatever she is afraid of with him is a result of her own immaturity and baseless fears.  Plus, if she is that slow to warm up into a relationship she had no business going on this show.  I just can't fathom it - Even her girlfriend said that about her so it's not like it's a secret!  Anyone that knew they were like that in general should know that this show would not be right for them.

I agree, Jon should come to NYC, he would go far there in corporate finance.  Having worked in that field for decades, I think he's the type that would be very successful both professionally and personally.  Can you just see him on "MAFS Second Chances"?  The women would be falling all over themselves for him.  He could do so much better than Miss stick-up-her-butt.

I agree with the consensus that something smells off about Jepthe's sudden turn-around.  I think Pastor Cal took him aside and told him he should change because he was coming off poorly.  Could he be turning into another Tres in going through the motions with gifts and flowers but with no real feeling to back it up?  That would really suck.  I feel sorry for Shawniece.  She and Jon are the most likable people this season and I feel sorry for both.   Too bad they weren't matched with each other.  I think they would be hot together, LOL.

Ryan continues to be a douche.  He's got a rather negative, snarky way about him most of the time that's really starting to get on my nerves. 

• Love 9

Did anyone see the prayer rug in Jephte and Shawniece’s house? My theory is that Jephte is a devout Muslim and wanted to be respectful of Shawniece until she was no longer a “stranger.” He did say that he didn’t want to sleep with her too quickly.

Edited by Deni
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He wasn't respectful at all of Shawniece and was a rude asshole.

Yeah, that’s true. If he was trying to do things right religiously sex-wise, he still wasn’t treating her right as a person in general. I just think that this show is leaving out something because he did a total 360 without a real explanation.

• Love 3
On 2/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, Neurochick said:

Watching the episode now:

Yikes, Jon and Molly better not break up, or else Jon will be homeless.  What happened between Jon and Molly?  Sounds like Molly and Jepthe should have been matched, we could have watched both of them take baby steps.

Still don't think Jaclyn should have been chosen for this show.

I still think Jepthe is a jerk, which makes Shawnice more clingy, which makes Jepthe more of a jerk and so it goes.

I think I fell asleep and missed a part of this, I'll have to catch it online or on demand, I didn't see when the guys were talking together; I did see the women out together, either I'm really tired or this show is boring.

LOL! These are not mutually exclusive. Hell, it could be you're really tired because this show is boring.

• Love 2

My take on Molly is just that she's borrowing (way too much) trouble by worrying about meeting everyone else's "expectations". She needs to be told to relax with that and she needs to realize that the expectations she thinks everyone else has are almost certainly pure fantasy on her part. I mean, certainly their parents will hope they stay married, but that would be true if she'd married someone she'd been dating for three years (or however long). The experts hope they stay married because the experts have a worse-than-abysmal record when it comes to arranging successful experiments marriages. I think she just needs to relax and stop worrying about what other people think. If I were married to her and couldn't get her to stop worrying about what other people think, I would end up divorcing her (but I would give it more than just 8 weeks).

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Lopethina said:

My jaw hit the floor during the preview.  Wait, what?  Did he just say...? *rewind*  OMG yes he did. 

Ok so if you’re talking about John what does he say because I can’t seem to understand it?!? Thanks 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

My take on Molly is just that she's borrowing (way too much) trouble by worrying about meeting everyone else's "expectations". She needs to be told to relax with that and she needs to realize that the expectations she thinks everyone else has are almost certainly pure fantasy on her part. I mean, certainly their parents will hope they stay married, but that would be true if she'd married someone she'd been dating for three years (or however long). The experts hope they stay married because the experts have a worse-than-abysmal record when it comes to arranging successful experiments marriages. I think she just needs to relax and stop worrying about what other people think. If I were married to her and couldn't get her to stop worrying about what other people think, I would end up divorcing her (but I would give it more than just 8 weeks).

If you're someone that worries that much about what other people think, why go on a show that parades your love life around for everyone to see and have an opinion about 24/7?  That just makes no sense to me.  She should have known better.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

If you're someone that worries that much about what other people think, why go on a show that parades your love life around for everyone to see and have an opinion about 24/7?  That just makes no sense to me.  She should have known better.

Oh, definitely. The only explanation is that people do strange things. Honestly, I think part of it is that people don't understand just how much their privacy is going to be compromised - even if they've watched this show from the beginning. I'm a very private person, but with the right assurances I know I could be coaxed to sign onto a show like this.

Edited by MrSmith
59 minutes ago, valdawn said:

Ok so if you’re talking about John what does he say because I can’t seem to understand it?!? Thanks 

I think they are referring to the preview in which Jon says something like "You're talking about how you fucked someone you just met, can you imagine how that makes me feel?" and Molly goes off and says he's bringing up college shit and how dare he and fuck him. My guess is they're trading college war stories and she references a one-night stand and he gets mad. I may have that wrong as I watched the show live so am digging in my memory to remember the preview.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Poor Jon. Come over here, boo. I will rub your booty!

Jepthe is strange. I believe someone told him how bad Shawniece is feeling because there is no other reason for his total 180. I will say, though, that I believe he needed some off-camera time with her because he is shy. But what I do “know”, is that he put it on Shawniece. Lol! The way they were acting at their party....shoot, they were clearly intimate and they were both pleased. (And I didn’t see anything wrong with the conversation she had with her girls. This is a crazy ass experiment. Who wouldn’t want to know details? I do!! Maybe not about what he is working with but whether it was good...hells yeah. Or maybe my friends and I are just nasty....) I think they can make it even though there will be more tears on the horizon.

Ryan is strange but is trying to keep his strange-ness on the low. He seems nice enough and I think they have nice chemistry. I like that Jackie has someone to be physically connected with. She needs both emotion and physical chemistry right now. Can you imagine being emotionally fragile and turn to a frigid partner like Molly? Jeez! I think they can make it.

Uh, talking about the sex via Shawniece and Jep on National TV??? That is a big no no for lots of people, ad Shawnice is just stupid enough to think Jep will be ok with that.  The man isn't even comfortable with her joking about masturbating. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think they are referring to the preview in which Jon says something like "You're talking about how you fucked someone you just met, can you imagine how that makes me feel?" and Molly goes off and says he's bringing up college shit and how dare he and fuck him. My guess is they're trading college war stories and she references a one-night stand and he gets mad. I may have that wrong as I watched the show live so am digging in my memory to remember the preview.

This makes sense. I can understand why he would feel that way about something like that. I think she isn't as physically attracted to Jon as she would need to be to have a one night stand with him.

15 hours ago, red12 said:

Yes to everything you typed. I was thinking last night based on personality and dispositions only, Shawnice and Jon are also a better match.

They both seem to have physical touch as their #1 love language . She seems to be EXTREMELY patient and a caregiver (sometimes to her detriment). I can also see her being willing to try some of his adventures and being supportive of his job search. Since the way they need to receive love matches, it wouldn't be that much of an adjustment to communicate as other couples need. Of course, I have no reason to believe they are physically each others type, but if they were, they could be happy together.

As for Molly, I believe she is used to a dating relationship where she can be "on" and "off" at will. She gets fully done up and ready for dates where she gives you maybe 40% of who she really is. She can project the perfect image and then go home and be whatever she wants. I believe this experiment has been very hard for her because there is no down time. She has anxiety because she can't maintain her perfect image (in her own mind) of the cool girl if Jon is all up in her bed and smelling her farts. It's disconcerting. On top of that, he's not working yet so he is just THERE.

I agree with the poster above who said Jon needs to ignore her a little bit. I'll bet if he resumed aspects of his single life and treated her kind of like a roommate, she would relax and loosen up a bit. But, I can guarantee pressing a woman and complaining about the lack of sex has never caused any woman to get hot and horny for a man. So, stop that right now.

YES .. About Molly.  If she has all these "relationshipy" problems, which it seems she does, then why did she come on this show in the first place?  Didn't the therapist see she needs therapy to find out why she can't be close to a man and have a relationshipy?  Jon is barely in the friend zone, much less a husband.  It's not him .. It's her.

• Love 5

Whatever switch Shawniece found and flipped on Jephte... Jon needs to find Molly's switch and flip hers if he still wants any sexy time with his brittle wife.

Molly is so wound up and uptight it is a miracle that she can relax enough to have a dump...

Molly seems perplexed about her own behaviors and actions...why does she tense up when Jon tries to kiss her...why does she freeze up when he reaches for her...why does she suck out ALL the fun out of a room when she walks in....she's an ugh friend, someone you pity invite because they add zero fun and are usually a drag...

Relationship-y behaviors freak her out because it is too intimate, too approximate to showing any loving gestures to a man she barely considers a friend after 19 days of being connected at the hip...

Molly admits to the other brides that it is ALL her fault and as usual the faux "experts" aren't much help or support.

She feels pressure for the marriage to work from everyone...her family, her friends, the producers, herself but the least pressure from Jon who is doing everything right to support her...so duh, girl...he is your only safe harbor...

The tease is very manipulative for this couple...one scenario has Molly cursing at Jon...another has Jon going Christian Grey and Fiddy Shades....

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Whatever switch Shawniece found and flipped on Jephte... Jon needs to find Molly's switch and flip hers if he still wants any sexy time with his brittle wife.

I’m guessing that switch would be a six-figure salary. 

I don’t think she has any desire to be the main breadwinner and therefore doesn’t plan to stay married to him, so she’s not going to open up and get close to him. 

Edited by Jazzhands
Hit the “post” button by accident before I was finished with my comment.
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, seniorpatriot said:

Uh, talking about the sex via Shawniece and Jep on National TV??? That is a big no no for lots of people, ad Shawnice is just stupid enough to think Jep will be ok with that.  The man isn't even comfortable with her joking about masturbating. 

That cringe worthy scene was brought to us by production & a ton of alcohol.

Since Jon doesn't need the ball gag he can give it to Jephte to keep Shawniece quiet.

Edited by gonecrackers
re-word
  • Love 2

Jon should totally fake a prestigious job hire with a bogus mid six figure offer to see if Molly gets all up into his business...if you get my drift....

Jon has put up with her weirdness for almost 3 weeks so having him get some meaningless sex from a now interested Molly would be dishonest but  since they will not be continuing this farce, it won't be a tragedy since it is consensual, albeit not all above board on Jon's part...

Molly will be directing the sex...telling him to stop sweating on her and he is leaving a wet spot on the sheets... to watch her hair since she just got it blown out that day... to not smudge her gels since they need a few more hours to set...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I need to watch for the cat. I mainly listened. Wondering were the flowers and card given after they shared the bed?

Omg! I did see ?dawn's fluffy tail in the background behind the ?expert.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

YES .. About Molly.  If she has all these "relationshipy" problems, which it seems she does, then why did she come on this show in the first place?  Didn't the therapist see she needs therapy to find out why she can't be close to a man and have a relationshipy?  Jon is barely in the friend zone, much less a husband.  It's not him .. It's her.

I do think it's a little him. He has come across a little to eager about the sex for me from the beginning. I have some bias against frat-boy type finance guys so, maybe that was part of my initial read of him. I also think he is competitive with the other two guys and relationships partially because he does not have a job and partially because he might judge himself as "better" than they are so, why are they having sex and Molly won't touch him. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

No, he referred to when she and a friend fucked a pole!  I'm guessing some double-ended dildo type thing.

20 minutes ago, Lopethina said:

No, he referred to when she and a friend fucked a pole!  I'm guessing some double-ended dildo type thing.

Okay, I simply did not believe that Molly and a friend reenacted the "ass to ass" scene from Requiem for a Dream so I looked up the preview. Jon said "At some point, when you look at me and go 'yeah, I think you're attractive but I went and fucked this pike with my friend and I won't touch you and you sleep next to me', how do you think that makes me feel?" I suspect "pike"  refers to the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, in which members are called "pikes" (I wasn't involved in Greek life but I remember my alma mater has a chapter) because then she goes off on how he's going below the belt by bringing up college shit. Maybe this is the threesome she said she had (which I missed her saying but I've seen it referenced on the boards).

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Okay, I simply did not believe that Molly and a friend reenacted the "ass to ass" scene from Requiem for a Dream so I looked up the preview. Jon said "At some point, when you look at me and go 'yeah, I think you're attractive but I went and fucked this pike with my friend and I won't touch you and you sleep next to me', how do you think that makes me feel?" I suspect "pike"  refers to the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, in which members are called "pikes" (I wasn't involved in Greek life but I remember my alma mater has a chapter) because then she goes off on how he's going below the belt by bringing up college shit. Maybe this is the threesome she said she had (which I missed her saying but I've seen it referenced on the boards).

Oh wow, thank you!  That makes more sense.  And sorry I misremembered the quote.  I, too, got the Requiem for a Dream scene stuck in my head and ran with it!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Molly is so wound up and uptight it is a miracle that she can relax enough to have a dump...

Molly seems perplexed about her own behaviors and actions...why does she tense up when Jon tries to kiss her...why does she freeze up when he reaches for her...why does she suck out ALL the fun out of a room when she walks in....she's an ugh friend, someone you pity invite because they add zero fun and are usually a drag...

Relationship-y behaviors freak her out because it is too intimate, too approximate to showing any loving gestures to a man she barely considers a friend after 19 days of being connected at the hip...

Molly admits to the other brides that it is ALL her fault and as usual the faux "experts" aren't much help or support.

She feels pressure for the marriage to work from everyone...her family, her friends, the producers, herself but the least pressure from Jon who is doing everything right to support her...so duh, girl...he is your only safe harbor...

The tease is very manipulative for this couple...one scenario has Molly cursing at Jon...another has Jon going Christian Grey and Fiddy Shades....

Molly needs a good spanking.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

2 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

I’m guessing that switch would be a six-figure salary. 

I don’t think she has any desire to be the main breadwinner and therefore doesn’t plan to stay married to him, so she’s not going to open up and get close to him. 

It is weird why relationships do not work out.  I do not think at 25, Molly is as ready for marriage as she thought she was.  Someone upthread said she might just want to get married because her twin sister was engaged.  I also think, Molly probably put down that she wanted her future spouse to be "a good provider", which Jon fit, until he lost his job.  However, it was probably too late to call the thing off.  For whatever reason, Molly is not feeling Jon and Jon knows it.  I feel bad for the guy.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I was.  There are a TON of women in Greek life just like Molly.  Boring as hell but get them loaded and they turn sexually aggressive.  I might advise Jon to take Molly to a wine (maybe bourbon) tasting (or some other excuse to get her drinking), then sit back and enjoy the fireworks.  But, in this climate, he'd probably be accused of rape.

At this point, Jon should just ride out the 8 weeks and keep his public image untainted. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, valdawn said:

Jon said "rewind" in the preview?   Well, there you go .. Scripted and fake.

I did not get the impression that Jon is desperate to have sex with Molly AT ALL.  He does seem interested in developing intimacy with his wife.  He stated that there was some kissing and cuddling and that they don’t do that anymore.  He has also stated that she said she doesn’t like to be touched and he is being respectful of that.  I’m relieved the experts aren’t forcing intimacy - weren’t there two previous couples where one wasn’t into the other and they told the person who wasn’t into it that they had to do “touching”.  It was hella awkward and wrong.  At this point if they weren’t married they would have had the equivalent of about 20 dates.  I can’t imagine anyone continuing to invest their time and emotions in dating someone who won’t express any affection.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Thanks! I thought it was something like this but couldn’t pick up on exactly what he said. 

Molly doesn't want Jon touching her EVER and the sooner he comes to that Captain Obvious epiphany, the sooner he can walk away with his dignity intact.

Agreed, sex is not on the table at all.

Molly told the other brides that she is the one who won't let him near...emotionally and physically.

Jon needs to stop blaming himself and let Molly stew in her own head games.

Molly and Jon aren't friends...they are cast mates on a basic cable reality show.

Molly...stop making Jon twist in the wind and making him walk on eggshells around your high horse haughtiness.....

• Love 5

I dunno, I'm getting an archetypal "pretty girl" vibe from Molly.  She's pretty, she's blond, she's thin, and she has thigh gap, and she's been convinced that this is all that guys care about.  She'd be a perfect arm charm for a really old guy who can't get it up anymore -- except that they're looking for a nurse, and this is a girl who wouldn't want to mess up her nails.  Come on, we've all known girls like this -- the ones who always have guys flocking to them because they're pretty and they never have to do anything or put out any effort because the guys feel it's an honor just to be seen with them.

Jon is not the sort to "court" a girl.  He's about "having fun" and "doing stuff."  I don't know what party Molly is the life of, maybe "princess day at the hair salon."  

Those who say it's about the job loss are also on to something.  Pretty Girls (TM) don't deign to be with guys who have no money.  They don't have to. 

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I dunno, I'm getting an archetypal "pretty girl" vibe from Molly.  She's pretty, she's blond, she's thin, and she has thigh gap, and she's been convinced that this is all that guys care about.  She'd be a perfect arm charm for a really old guy who can't get it up anymore -- except that they're looking for a nurse, and this is a girl who wouldn't want to mess up her nails.  Come on, we've all known girls like this -- the ones who always have guys flocking to them because they're pretty and they never have to do anything or put out any effort because the guys feel it's an honor just to be seen with them.

Jon is not the sort to "court" a girl.  He's about "having fun" and "doing stuff."  I don't know what party Molly is the life of, maybe "princess day at the hair salon."  

Those who say it's about the job loss are also on to something.  Pretty Girls (TM) don't deign to be with guys who have no money.  They don't have to. 

She does seem to be like that. Those same “pretty girls” are usually also the ones who get upset when a guy pays attention to, or marries a racial minority instead of them. I just saw a real-life situation like that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I kind get this from her as well.  She is probably thinking why should she settle for Jon, when she could do so much better in the real world since she is young, blonde, pretty, and thin.  I wonder if she did not realize this is really not the type of show that people with a lot of money flock to be on?  Perhaps she got confused and thought she was on Millionaire Matchmaker?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I think you may have hit upon why she thinks she's the life of the party.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Deni said:

She does seem to be like that. Those same “pretty girls” are usually also the ones who get upset when a guy pays attention to, or marries a racial minority instead of them. I just saw a real-life situation like that.

Oh yes, I’ve seen stuff like that as well.  Women like Molly think their shit doesn’t stink at all.

• Love 6

Ryan in a huge, smug dork. Although Jackie seems to like him OK, so good for her. I, however, have secondhand embarrassment every time he opens his mouth.

I agree, Molly is Miss Priss. I can't figure out why she won't even kiss or cuddle with Jon. He can't be that repulsive. It shouldn't take you that long to warm up to someone enough to kiss them or hold their hand. She is a weird one.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, MrSmith said:

This makes sense. I can understand why he would feel that way about something like that. I think she isn't as physically attracted to Jon as she would need to be to have a one night stand with him.

As a red blooded American woman with an appreciation for fine looking men going back over 40 years I think I am more than qualified to say that if she isn't physically attracted to Jon as she would need to be to have a one night stand with him, there is something very wrong with her.

My guess is that Molly knows that if she has sex with him it means that things will get all "relationship-y" (her words, and very telling), and that is what she is afraid of more than anything else.  I think she has made a lot of potentially untrue negative assumptions about him which are more a reflection of her general relationship fears than of anything really wrong with him.  If she is holding not having a job against him she is blinding herself to the obvious fact that the guy is the type to be in demand in his field.  He seems like a real go-getter, not a slacker.  

If Molly has an issue with trusting a guy right away she is no candidate for this show.  This takes being able to make a leap of faith with a person based on very little real knowledge of them.  Jephte is another one like Molly in that way only he is now at least attempting to play the game for appearances sake or because he was convinced to "fake it till you make it".  I actually think a lot of these couples have to do that unless they want to wait for months to see if things happen in their own time.  That would be ideal, but this is not "real life" so they don't have all that time to wait for something to materialize on its own without a little encouragement.  

This show is kind of like trying out an internet mattress with an 8 week return guarantee.  If after the 8 weeks are up Molly decides the Jon mattress isn't comfortable, she doesn't have to keep him.  But she at least has to try him out first before she can decide if she wants to keep him!  Enter into a damned "relationship" with the guy and then figure out how you fee laterl!  If her feelings are so delicate that she can't manage to do that with a guy she is not cut out for this "experiment".  I seriously doubt that Jon is that repulsive either physically or as a person that she couldn't muster up the courage to risk things getting all "relationship-y" with him if she were really ready to find love.

• Love 4

Maybe Molly hasn't made out or done anything physical with Jon because she is afraid her makeup will rub off and he will see her acne. She might be afraid that he might become less physically attracted to her...Just a different perspective since the consensus of this board seems to be against Molly. I myself struggle with less than perfect skin and I know it is a sensitive topic. Molly's an attractive woman and she sees that Jon's an attractive man and she doesn't want to slip lower in his estimation of her looks. At this point in their relationship, she might not have developed enough trust in Jon to confide in him about her physical appearance. 

• Love 2

First of all, it's not a. Big deal that Jon doesn't have a job right now.  People change jobs every day for different reasons as we all know.  What I want to know is how did Jep get off from the school job, Ryan from the firehouse, Jacklyn from her job, Molly from hers, and Shawnice from hers ?   Did they all take a leave of absence or what?  Why was it only Jon that had to leave permanently?

• Love 2

Molly trowels on the industrial strength foundation/ spackle to cover her rough patch on her right cheek, then use the air brush to smooth it out... so she can look "perfect."

Her never healing acne patch/scaring is a reminder that she isn't perfect.

Jon has been vulnerable..he fessed up to being jobless...the only way he could have told her any sooner would  dropped that fun fact during the vows...

When he is talking to Molly's twin and 2 gfs at the family dinner,  felt  bad for him...his jocularity was not hiding how hurt he feels about her lack of affection..

The women wonder why love has eluded him but they know Molly is not feeling it with him but can't tell him because of the show.

Jon appears to give the experiment an honest chance but Molly is still acting for the cameras and listening to the producers' directions.

In their time off the camera, she still gives him the cold shoulder so that is what he is up against.

The couple have been attached at the hip for over 2 weeks, so unless he is Mr. Magoo, he is has seen her skin condition up close.

At this point in the experiment, Jon wants an authentic Molly, warts and all...but she is afraid or unwilling to be genuine with him.

The Fiddy Shades re enactments will be a fun change, seeing Jon suited up instead of t shirt, shorts and flip flops sprawled on the couch.

He needs a pedi and a grooming of his facial shadow to approximate  a basic cable version of Christian Grey.

For fun:

Need to have actor/wingman Rob Schneider come re enact scenes from Rom Com movies with Ryan who is channeling Adam Sandler in his grand proclamations of love and fidelity with Jackie...oh, brother (rolling eyes, hard)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

First of all, it's not a. Big deal that Jon doesn't have a job right now.  People change jobs every day for different reasons as we all know.  What I want to know is how did Jep get off from the school job, Ryan from the firehouse, Jacklyn from her job, Molly from hers, and Shawnice from hers ?   Did they all take a leave of absence or what?  Why was it only Jon that had to leave permanently?

I always assumed these people kept working during the show. They reference their commutes when house-hunting. It appears to be summer (lots of shorts and t-shirts) so maybe Jephte was off already for the honeymoon. I can't remember what Jackie does for a living but the rest of them have jobs where they could take a week off and it wouldn't be weird. The time we see them spend together could easily be weekends and evenings. I remember Vanessa from a couple of seasons ago complaining that Trey (is that his name?) was always on his phone working.

• Love 2

I would have expected Jephte to have better handwriting than what we saw.... I mean, he's teaching kids how to write legibly, so ..... Also, his turn-around was totally fake. 

Molly is very self-conscious in general and I suspect that she gets a blowout every time the film crew comes (as in, every day that she is on camera.) It makes this show less authentic after all these weeks. I don't think we've even see her throw her hair in a ponytail yet, but I assume she dresses down when they are not shooting. Jon gave a good answer to Molly's friends about what boxes Molly doesnt check out for him. 

I really love Ryan and Jaclyn's families. 

Shawniece and Jephte's get together was the most fun and natural. I hope that Jepthe will let Shawniece sleep with him in the same bed now that theyve consummated ther marriage. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 1

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Molly if she isn’t attracted to Jon. Attraction isn’t universal. She is not obligated to sleep with anyone under any circumstances, and the idea of surreptitiously getting her drunk to loosen her up really creeps me out. I wouldn’t necessarily call it rape but I’ll gladly label it sketchy AF and a terrible relationship strategy. It’s starting to feel like a pile-on to the pretty, skinny girl who needs to be taken down a notch. Anything short of Sloppy Shawniece the Lap Dance Queen is categorized as “cold.”

Molly is as imperfect as any other mortal, and I understand that going on a reality show means you will be picked apart, but I just do not understand the level of ire she seems to be inspiring. This show is infamous for its deceptive editing — the Jephte (not “Jep The”) 180 is a perfect example — and I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to learn that there’s something else going on with her and/or Jon. 

• Love 7

Molly and Jon  could come to an agreement to not fake attraction so they can be on the same page and just go through the motions to fulfill their TV contract.

We, the audience know that the show is heavily edited to manipulate and create sympathy in one cast member and make a villain out of another.

Molly is getting the bad edit now, but it could change.

Don't think that either wants to hurt each other.

No one wants Molly to be coerced into anything and what we have seen of Jon he wouldn't coerce her either....the producers, however,  may not be beneath the tactic if it makes good TV.

• Love 2

There's always something else going on, since it is a TV show with heavy production set ups & editing. Jephte had the bitch-edit, for a while, now that seems to be changing. Molly has the bitch edit, at the moment, but maybe Jon will be next. No one seems beyond negative production edits.

However, Ryan's authentic verbal diarrhea will continue to make him guiltless snark-bait.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4