Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Groundhog Day

Still fresh from her divorce, Amy doesn't feel ready to start dating again. But when Mateo tries to set her up with his loser cousin, she gets determined to show everyone she can do better, and breaks some hearts in the process. Meanwhile, Dina takes advantage of a medical condition to scam Glenn into accommodating her every need.

I think this is unpopular but I like Jonah and Kelly. I really hate the idea of Jonah and Amy together. Dreading the inevitable breakup with Kelly and move to Amy. It's just so predictable and boring. 

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, cleo said:

I think this is unpopular but I like Jonah and Kelly. I really hate the idea of Jonah and Amy together. Dreading the inevitable breakup with Kelly and move to Amy. It's just so predictable and boring. 

I agree!! 

• Love 3

Groundhog guy was cute. Too bad Amy (almost?) killed his groundhog. I laughed when Mateo asked if that meant we go straight into winter.

I also liked seeing Garret forced to be responsible, and not able to keep it up. Maybe they'll let Sandra be good at something for once!

• Love 15

Bad choices, Amy. Bad choices. "Maybe its time to stop dating and get tested". Ouch. And slow your rolls, lady. There is MUCH weirder going on in that store. 

I like Jonah and Kelly too. I think they're cute, and they seem to have fun together. More than I think Amy and Jonah would. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, cleo said:

Couldn't agree more.

20 hours ago, Big Mother said:

So they ARE going through with a Dina pregnancy...

Yeah, it's a funny joke, but I'm surprised they're really going to do it. Meh.

11 hours ago, pigs-in-space said:

Groundhog guy was cute. Too bad Amy (almost?) killed his groundhog. I laughed when Mateo asked if that meant we go straight into winter.

I also liked seeing Garret forced to be responsible, and not able to keep it up. Maybe they'll let Sandra be good at something for once!

I liked this episode. I still don’t like Amy being the butt of the joke, but at least her adventures weren’t cringe-worthy. I loved when her co-workers confronted her at work:

”I called dibs, so whatever you did with him, you have to do with me.”

”I’m just your human vibrator. Use me up, put me back in the drawer.”

”You should take a break from dating. And get tested.”

”You slept with Elias? Cool. I was shipping you guys.”

Aww, Jonah cared that Amy hooked up with Tate. I know some people don’t like this pairing, but I think he and Amy would be better together than he and Kelly are. 

The Dina baby plot is only slightly funny. Glad to see Glenn getting frustrated at her antics. 

The ultrasound picture! Ha. “Are you sure it’s yours? It looks just like Elias.”

• Love 12

Is there not something else that Kelly needed to be doing?  It annoyed me that something else wasn't getting done in the store just because she and Jonah wanted to do a talk show.  But these people don't do their jobs half the time anyway, so...

And I was surprised that people considered the pharmacist a 10.  Isn't he kind of weird?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, topanga said:

I liked this episode. I still don’t like Amy being the butt of the joke, but at least her adventures weren’t cringe-worthy. I loved when her co-workers confronted her at work:

”I called dibs, so whatever you did with him, you have to do with me.”

”I’m just your human vibrator. Use me up, put me back in the drawer.”

”You should take a break from dating. And get tested.”

”You slept with Elias? Cool. I was shipping you guys.”

I loved Chyenne guessing who Amy hooked up with.."Was it Brett? I've been shipping you guys forever."..laughed so hard at that!

• Love 11

I understand why Amy felt the need to prove to herself that she was still attractive, but given that she is one of the two fairly normal people in the store (along with Jonah) I just don't see her going to town with the shady, creepy pharmacist rather than finding a way to get back in touch with the hot groundhog guy who was flirting with her. Oh well, it's Sitcomland.

One of the things I love about this show and The Good Place that follows it is that I have to watch them twice to catch everything that the writers have but in there... just so many lines and sight gags going by quickly. Great stuff!

• Love 3

Did Amy squish the groundhog? I found myself worrying about the poor thing for the rest of the episode. I cracked up over Jonah and Kelly interviewing Sandra with giant mugs of coffee like they were Kelly and Ryan (or whoever her co-host is these days). 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Did Amy squish the groundhog? I found myself worrying about the poor thing for the rest of the episode. I cracked up over Jonah and Kelly interviewing Sandra with giant mugs of coffee like they were Kelly and Ryan (or whoever her co-host is these days). 

I think she said that if he survives he'll never be the same. :(

I loved Jonah and Kelly too. They gave me my most laughs of the episode. I'm with those that don't want Jonah and Amy together. I like the friendship. 

• Sad 1

The groundhog guy was hot! I was disappointed when they didn't go through with that. Tate the pharmacist has never worked for me as a character until this episode. He was pretty smooth when he asked Amy out. I see why she went for it. 

Jonah and Kelly didn't work for me until this episode. I liked their dorky announcer game. The actress playing Kelly in particular was good at the smarmy morning show announcer impression. I don't really like how they've marooned Jonah into storyline island with her, though. Although it's true they did that with him and Amy a lot too, too.

So are Garrett and Dina done for good? That storyline probably ran its course, but I still think they could have gotten more mileage of it. Plus the two actors work so well off each other.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, festivus said:

I think she said that if he survives he'll never be the same. :(

I loved Jonah and Kelly too. They gave me my most laughs of the episode. I'm with those that don't want Jonah and Amy together. I like the friendship. 

Yeah, I don't get a romantic vibe at all off of Jonah and Amy. They have decent buddy chemistry, but I see any real attraction between them, other then the forced jealousy. I'm not saying Jonah should end up with Kelly, but there is a little more of a spark there imo. They didn't even seem like they were acting at the end of the episode.

All in all, not the best episode this season, but solid. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Yeah, I don't get a romantic vibe at all off of Jonah and Amy. They have decent buddy chemistry, but I see any real attraction between them, other then the forced jealousy. I'm not saying Jonah should end up with Kelly, but there is a little more of a spark there imo. They didn't even seem like they were acting at the end of the episode.

All in all, not the best episode this season, but solid. 

I think the two actors work great off each other but I don't see anything romantic either. I think it'd be great if it was a romantic red herring. Like they finally kiss and both are just grossed out so we can finally move on. Seems like the type of curveball this show might throw at us

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rho said:

I think the two actors work great off each other but I don't see anything romantic either. I think it'd be great if it was a romantic red herring. Like they finally kiss and both are just grossed out so we can finally move on. Seems like the type of curveball this show might throw at us

Except Jonah and Amy already kissed in the tornado episode, which makes me believe the show wants them together as a couple, which I am not feeling. 

• Love 1
On 2/2/2018 at 9:30 AM, Madtown said:

I loved Chyenne guessing who Amy hooked up with.."Was it Brett? I've been shipping you guys forever."..laughed so hard at that!

That was hilarious!!!  I also loved the very end with Jonah and Kelly and their Al Pacino impersonations!  You could tell the actors were having so much fun doing that scene.

• Love 5

This was a fun episode.

Count me in as another one who likes Jonah with Kelly.  I loved their loud speaker banter especially channeling Hoda and Kathy with the overlarge cups.  I also though Jonah's Pacino was decent.  I have never felt him with Amy and hope they would finally steer away from that.

Surprisingly, I actually felt real chemistry with her and pharmacy guy.  Too bad Amy is her own worst enemy.  I liked the scene where everyone, including the shoppers were all up in her business, I just wish they had kept it comical without the tinge of slut shaming.  But I really enjoyed Mateo telling the woman who wanted to find Tide to not ruin it for everyone.  LOL.  He and Cheyenne are a winning the combo.  The show has done a good job there.

• Love 5
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, janie jones said:

Is there not something else that Kelly needed to be doing?  It annoyed me that something else wasn't getting done in the store just because she and Jonah wanted to do a talk show.  But these people don't do their jobs half the time anyway, so...

And I was surprised that people considered the pharmacist a 10.  Isn't he kind of weird?

Have you ever been to a Walmart after 9pm?

The pharmacist is kind of weird, but purely looks-wise, I'd call him an 8 & 1/2 at least.

• Love 1
On 2/2/2018 at 12:44 PM, iMonrey said:

i love this show but i am very disappointed in the killing of animals used for laughs. it's pretty disgusting.

• Love 2

this season has kind of been silly, the whole "Amy is suddenly the worlds biggest loser thing". She might have been u little uptight but she's a beautiful, intelligent woman, a great mother, in great shape physically... yet now all of a sudden they are writing her as some desperate loser who can't do anything right? And the creepy pharmacist is all of a sudden a "10"?. I think the writers missed the boat this season... 

Edited by EDTV
On 2/1/2018 at 8:55 PM, cleo said:

I will go you one further.

I not only think that Kelly is better for Jonah than Amy but I also think the Pharmacist is the type of established man that Amy needs in her life right now.

I know that he was introduced as a Jerk but now I think he really is not that bad of a guy.

He could support her while she goes back to college and pursues all the opportunities that she missed out on by having a baby at a young age.

I remember in one episode Dina said that she does not even make $20K per year...yikes. That means Amy makes even less as a floor manager.

The truth is that she should leave this dead-end job, asap.

However, that will never happen as that would end the show.

I am sorry to be commenting so late. I just discovered this show on Hulu. 

I understand everyone else has probably moved on way past this episode.

@qtpye heh most of the shows I'm watxhing are a few years old so I also comment in forums with nothing but tumbleweeds.

I don't remember the pharmacist though. I didn't make it all the way through this show, I think I bailed by the second last season or something like that. It got dragged down by elements I didn't like, I think one was the Amy/Jonah thing but I don't fully remember. There were some other elements by then I think that drove me away. 

The show had a lot of funny moments though, if reruns came on at the right time I would probably watch it. 

• Love 1