Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

OK, creepy. This morning I rec'd a call from an unfamiliar number so I let it go. A bit later I did a reverse lookup and the number is a landline in Parowan. (Where I know no one.)

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, suomi said:

This morning I rec'd a call from an unfamiliar number so I let it go.

Maybe the Prophet was calling to warn you about your imminent demise.

Still working my way through the day with all the chocolate I can lay hands on.  A delicious end to the world.

• Love 14
On 4/23/2018 at 3:23 PM, silverspoons said:

My daughter had a regional competition at SUU and won :) so we had to drive to SLC for the state finals. Meri's B&B was literally .6 miles off our drive so I forced my husband to drive by. 

First off the house across the street is a dump, like a house out of hoarders, complete with broken down cars and old RV and then tons of "stuff"all around it  and the house is in bad shape.  The B&B looks the same as it did on TV from the outside. The sign for the B&B is small. It is like the size and quality of one of those signs a bug spray or lawn company puts in your grass that says we just sprayed. It was no bigger then a foot by a foot with the wire pushing it in the ground. The sign Just says Lizzie's on the top and a drawing of the building and Heritage Inn on the bottom of the sign.  

There was only one car there and one adult that came into the yard (I'm pretty sure it was a family member but I was just driving by and not trying to be a paparazzi). 

I'm from New England now living in Utah and not only have stayed in many B&B over the years, I lived in an old yellow historic home in southern Utah like this one when I first came here. I love old homes so much more then the stucco boxes that the Brown's and 95% of Utah lives in. I also love small towns, I grew up in a small town and lived in a few small villages I loved back East.  I would not stay in this B&B or in Parowan. I know Meri was selling the others that Parowan was great because it is close to the ski resort and SUU. It technically is not close to the ski resort and SUU has attracted many nice hotel options in the last few years. Parowan is one of those junkie looking small towns. I was always kind of scared to even exit as I posted before because there are these billboards on the I-15 (which is the main freeway from CA to UT) that has this Parawan Prophet saying the world is ending. Now riding through the town there is no code enforcement to deal with dead lawns, junk, broken cars etc and like the worst house is across from Meri's.  There is virtually nothing to do in Parowan, not even a cool old diner or anything that would give guests something to do locally. It is either drive 15 miles to a college town that has mostly new chain stores/eating or about 40-50 miles east or north for a few quaint eating options/parks and outdoor activties. 

I'm sure if she does open it to guests? there will be fans that will come but I can't imagine anyone booking this place for more then 1 night. Plus it will take a devout fan since there is no airport near by. It is either 3.5 hours from Vegas or SLC by car to Parowan. 

I understand Meri loving the house. Our family has been considering moving back to New England and my original family home, one of those old historic tudor homes was up for sale but I could never ever pay the price (or the taxes) and looked at newer smaller homes.  Meri's B&B is not worth anything close to what she most likely paid.  After seeing the neighborhood and knowing what other B&B have sold for in St George which has way more tourists looking for B&B's , I would not pay more then 175-200k for the place. I know Meri wanted the house for sentimential reasons. You could build a brand new 5 bed 5 bath B&B in Parawon for 250-300k if she really wanted to be in the business and new means little maintance , low energy costs etc If there are renovations going on at the B&B?? there was no sign of it. or at least anything major. There was no dumpster, trucks, and the Meri's yard looked nice not like workers had been going in or out. I also can't imagine a reno taking a year? My husband was on one of those Hotel Impossible episodes about 20 miles from Meri's B&B and they redid like 40 rooms in a week. There is NO shortage of construction workers in Southern Utah, 30-35% of men are employed in construction and work is cheap and fast, 

I just hope Meri does not think her B&B is going to turn Parawon into a Fixer Upper Waco type place. Lets just hope Meri will break even. 

Thanks for the info!  I suspect that the old owner Victoria wanted to get out of that house for a long time and saw Meri coming a mile away.  It sounds like they are advertising it just enough to appear open and legit.  I think it is a way to launder money or be able to write off a shit ton of taxes.  I would NOT pay even  $25 a night to stay there far away from everything.  It sounds very Twilight Zone-ish.  I do not want to pay to stare at an ep of Hoarders out my window while on a vacay.  The rumored ghost isn't even enough to get me there.

• Love 11
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎24 at 6:27 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Also...I did a street view and it looks like the hoarder house is the residence of the Parowan Prophet. 

Nice...

4ED9D13F-9C6E-4FB5-8BBD-EE9301645CF3.jpeg

It looks like everyone in Parowan has "free" parking (on dead grass), so it is not much of a selling feature.

• Love 7
On 4/24/2018 at 8:58 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Okay, so of course having been warned to avoid it, I just had to go look up the Parowan Prophet's website.  Ten minutes of my life I will never get back. Literally EVERY WORD of his rants is an underlined hyperlink to a previous looney ass rant. Just an endless series of links and exclamations and more links and rants. It's like stepping inside the mind of a schizophrenic. A bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic, schizophrenic. My eyeballs actually hurt a little. 

But I do feel compelled to mention, just so everyone knows ... the world is apparently ending tomorrow, the 25th. Some kind of "real" Passover shit will be going down according to The Prophet.  I'm not sure if everyone here was aware of this, so I just thought i would mention it. You have less than 24 hours to live ?

Yay! We're still here! ?

I have to say it might be a hoarder house and the residence of a complete lunatic, but I like the house itself better than Meri's. It has more character. Meri's place looks quite plain alongside.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yay! We're still here! ?

I have to say it might be a hoarder house and the residence of a complete lunatic, but I like the house itself better than Meri's. It has more character. Meri's place looks quite plain alongside.

More character for sure, I love the turret and gabled dormers. 

If Meri had bought that one instead, she could have had a year long yard sale to help finance the purchase and if the van was included, she could change the sign to read: LulaRoe, Meri's Travelin' Trunk Show.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yay! We're still here! ?

The Parowan Prophet House is the hoarder house across the street from her.  Oh hey.  

On 4/25/2018 at 4:09 PM, Natalie68 said:

Thanks for the info!  I suspect that the old owner Victoria wanted to get out of that house for a long time and saw Meri coming a mile away.  It sounds like they are advertising it just enough to appear open and legit.  I think it is a way to launder money or be able to write off a shit ton of taxes.  I would NOT pay even  $25 a night to stay there far away from everything.  It sounds very Twilight Zone-ish.  I do not want to pay to stare at an ep of Hoarders out my window while on a vacay.  The rumored ghost isn't even enough to get me there.

I just wonder who really contacted who. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just wonder who really contacted who. 

And I STILL want to know what happened with Christine's mom - she was so darn excited in that one episode, and then they dropped that angle like a hot potato and never mentioned it again, not even on the the Tell-All. 

No one has seen anything on social media about it?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

And I STILL want to know what happened with Christine's mom - she was so darn excited in that one episode, and then they dropped that angle like a hot potato and never mentioned it again, not even on the the Tell-All. 

No one has seen anything on social media about it?

That has me wondering as well.  I haven't heard anything about it.  Annie seemed really into running the place for Meri, and then poof!  Meri's mom aces out Annie.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri's mom aces out Annie.

Yeah, all that love divided or multiplied or whatever baloney they preach only lasts as long as it's convenient and self-serving. In reality it's every man for himself.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/25/2018 at 7:46 AM, TurtlePower said:

Been through Parowan few times, before Meri announced she purchased the house (or I would have checked it out!). I always wondered what the people who live there do for a living and what visitors can do there, so I checked--they have dinosaur footprints, petroglyphs and horseback rides. There's nothing else to do in that town, they only have one grocery store and a Family Dollar (nearest other shopping is Cedar City). Just, who would go there, outside of ski season? WE've already gone over that most skiers--myself included--aren't looking to return to an old B&B after a cold day on the slopes. 

Also, on Google Maps, it's still listed as Victoria's Bed and Breakfast. Other nearby hotels cost nearly HALF of what Meri charges. Not many choices in town, see below for comparison. 

* Lizzie's: Charges $125-$155. ZERO amenities except a bun for breakfast.

* Mountain View Lodge: $70 per night. It has in indoor heated pool, hot tub and a restaurant. 

* Crimson Hills: $56 per night and has less amenities, but does offer refrigerator and stove for easy meal prep.

Where would you rather stay? 

So snoop that I am, just called the number for this B&B and the phone is no longer in service.  How is one supposed to make a reservation if you cannot call them!

It seems like you may be able to book this by calling hotels.com

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 11
On 5/3/2018 at 2:48 PM, Natalie68 said:

So snoop that I am, just called the number for this B&B and the phone is no longer in service.  How is one supposed to make a reservation if you cannot call them!

It seems like you may be able to book this by calling hotels.com

How scammy of Meri. Goes to show she's not encouraging guests to stay and she bamboozled everyone into thinking that was one of her main reasons for buying the house. 

Just when I thought she couldn't get any more unlikeable. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 1/23/2018 at 10:46 AM, Kohola3 said:

With all of those good insights (retired 2 years ago after 45 years as a nurse including Neuro ICU, ER, and flight nursing) let me throw in one more thing that the youngsters don't ever seem to think about.  Hospitals are 24/7 institutions.  That means the new nurses will be put on the night shift and work virtually every holiday until they have built up seniority.  You won't walk in and get a day shift job in a prime weekday only position.  Ain't gonna happen, folks -  it talks years of seniority to nab those positions.  Be prepared for a lot of years of really gruesome shifts.

Would living at home with Mommy to take care of the kid help?  Maybe. But it's damned hard to sleep during the day with kids running around.

With that said, it was a supremely rewarding job.  But it does take a lot out of you.

This post was a long time ago; I’m just now catching up on the thread.....but I wanted to say thank you for all your work and care, especially in neuro ICU. I’ve been in ICU multiple times for cancer, including brain tumours, and the docs sweep in and out while the nurses did all the hard work. I’m very grateful for the excellent neurosurgeons I’ve had, and even more grateful for the nurses who have, well, nursed me towards health. And nurses are the bearers of pain medicine; my spinal cord surgeries were excruciating and pain meds barely touched the pain. After one of the surgeries, I was so out of it and even hallucinating, the pain was so awful, and I frustrated the nurse because I kept pushing the pain med button, something like dozens of times in an hour. It was hell, almost all the nurses were amazing and patient (I’m a good patient, too—not very demanding, sometime afraid to ‘bother’ the nurses). All this to say: I have deep respect for the job you’ve done and THANK YOU AND ALL THE AMAZING NURSES OF THE WORLD!!

Not to insult Maddie, but I’m not sure she has what it takes. As another person said, I’d be happy to be proved wrong. 

Edited by LoneWolf
Because, autocorrect, nurses aren’t ‘beaters’ of pain relief, they are bearers.
  • Love 11

Hey folks! IS THIS TRUE?????? Meri has LEFT the compound for GOOD????

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/meri-brown-new-man-159711

"

She’s getting her happily ever after! For years, fans of Sister Wives watched as Meri Brownstruggled in the love department — from her insecurities about Kody taking on new wives (she was, after all, the first wife) to the fall out following her catfishing scandal. But the 47-year-old mom is finally getting the last laugh as Life & Style has learned that she has a new man in her life and she’s finally leaving Kody once and for all.

“This man treats her life a queen,” a source close to the polygamy family tells Life & Styleexclusively. “He’s friends with some of Meri’s family and they’ve known each other for several years, but things only became romantic recently.”

Meri’s new man — who hasn’t been named — is a far departure from the life she knows: He’s never been married and he isn’t interested in polygamy. He also isn’t looking for the attention that comes along with dating a beloved reality star. “He’s not into fame, either,” the source adds. “He just loves her a lot. He says he has always felt she wasn’t appreciated in her marriage to Kody.”

**kinda hope it IS true...much as everyone hates her, I can't help but feel really badly for her and want her to not be so damned alone in the universe as she seems when she's on that show*

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

THANK YOU AND ALL THE AMAZING NURSES OF THE WORLD

You are very welcome.  Neuro ICU was the most challenging, often sad, and often rewarding place to be.  I hope that you are now well and can put that all behind you.

5 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

...a source close to the polygamy family...

Kendra again?  Dumping another load of manure?

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

Hey folks! IS THIS TRUE?????? Meri has LEFT the compound for GOOD????

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/meri-brown-new-man-159711

"

She’s getting her happily ever after! For years, fans of Sister Wives watched as Meri Brownstruggled in the love department — from her insecurities about Kody taking on new wives (she was, after all, the first wife) to the fall out following her catfishing scandal. But the 47-year-old mom is finally getting the last laugh as Life & Style has learned that she has a new man in her life and she’s finally leaving Kody once and for all.

“This man treats her life a queen,” a source close to the polygamy family tells Life & Styleexclusively. “He’s friends with some of Meri’s family and they’ve known each other for several years, but things only became romantic recently.”

Meri’s new man — who hasn’t been named — is a far departure from the life she knows: He’s never been married and he isn’t interested in polygamy. He also isn’t looking for the attention that comes along with dating a beloved reality star. “He’s not into fame, either,” the source adds. “He just loves her a lot. He says he has always felt she wasn’t appreciated in her marriage to Kody.”

**kinda hope it IS true...much as everyone hates her, I can't help but feel really badly for her and want her to not be so damned alone in the universe as she seems when she's on that show*

Oh fer God's sake, it's probably that LLR dude she did a FB live with over the weekend. The thing is, she's friends with him and his WIFE who was out of phone range but very much there. ??

• Love 6
22 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

This post was a long time ago; I’m just now catching up on the thread.....but I wanted to say thank you for all your work and care, especially in neuro ICU. I’ve been in ICU multiple times for cancer, including brain tumours, and the docs sweep in and out while the nurses did all the hard work. I’m very grateful for the excellent neurosurgeons I’ve had, and even more grateful for the nurses who have, well, nursed me towards health. And nurses are the bearers of pain medicine; my spinal cord surgeries were excruciating and pain meds barely touched the pain. After one of the surgeries, I was so out of it and even hallucinating, the pain was so awful, and I frustrated the nurse because I kept pushing the pain med button, something like dozens of times in an hour. It was hell, almost all the nurses were amazing and patient (I’m a good patient, too—not very demanding, sometime afraid to ‘bother’ the nurses). All this to say: I have deep respect for the job you’ve done and THANK YOU AND ALL THE AMAZING NURSES OF THE WORLD!!

Doctors diagnose - and nurses heal. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Not to insult Maddie, but I’m not sure she has what it takes. As another person said, I’d be happy to be proved wrong. 

I will echo my appreciation for people like Kohola3!

This may sound rude or flippant but this seems to be the thing with these reality kids.  Birth a baby and then they think they can help birth other babies.  It almost has a feel of, well I am a mom with limited time on my hands so I will pick this up because how hard can it be?  Women have been having babies forever.  Bless their hearts.  

I predict nothing will come of this fantasy of being a nurse.  She will get pregnant again, they will lose their shirts due to LLR, and be living in a wing of Janelle's house again.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I agree.  My niece became a nurse and she said it was real hard and a lot of studying involved.  You can't work a full time job while doing this.  But she also said it has been rewarding to know what she worked hard for.  I wish her the best if she wants to do this.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Ooooh Mariah blocked me on Twitter.  No idea why.  

Audrey blocked me. It was a while ago, but she posted something regarding tolerance, and I tweeted that tolerance needs to go both ways. She didn’t like that, I guess. I really wasn’t intending to be rude. ? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Audrey blocked me. It was a while ago, but she posted something regarding tolerance, and I tweeted that tolerance needs to go both ways. She didn’t like that, I guess. I really wasn’t intending to be rude. ? 

8 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Ooooh Mariah blocked me on Twitter.  No idea why.  

I can understand blocking a rude or offensive person but many nowadays block anyone who questions them, even legitimately and without insult. And Mariah has like 75k followers--if you didn't comment on something, I don't see why she'd block you--unless she read something on here she did not like and found matching profile info, but that would require a bit of effort. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I can understand blocking a rude or offensive person but many nowadays block anyone who questions them, even legitimately and without insult.

I suppose it's their right to block people but when you expose your life on national TV you'd better develop a thicker skin.  The pervasive sentiment up to the highest levels that "if you don't like me or write something bad about me I'm going to call you a liar and/or block you" is ridiculous.  Suck it up or keep your life private.  You can't have it both ways.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I suppose it's their right to block people but when you expose your life on national TV you'd better develop a thicker skin.  The pervasive sentiment up to the highest levels that "if you don't like me or write something bad about me I'm going to call you a liar and/or block you" is ridiculous.  Suck it up or keep your life private.  You can't have it both ways.

Well, actually you can though, because that's what the blocking feature is for, lol.

I agree that a person who is interested in their fans and what they think should be able to answer reasonable, sincere questions and respond to reasonable, thoughtful statements without getting their panties in a bunch if the statements/questions aren't rude or vulgar. I think the issue that many public figures face is that a lot of people are rude and vulgar, and make statements that are not necessary. I agree that being a celebrity puts you in the limelight for better or worse; I disagree with the notion that being a celebrity means you have to take whatever the public dishes out. 

• Love 10

I can see blocking, I would probably use “ignore” if I actually didn’t want to read what someone had to say in the future.

On a positive note, at least they read replies, some don’t bother!

Sometimes people get blocked as part of a thread without the person realizing they blocked someone unintentionally.

• Love 1
On 5/11/2018 at 12:53 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I agree.  My niece became a nurse and she said it was real hard and a lot of studying involved.  You can't work a full time job while doing this.  But she also said it has been rewarding to know what she worked hard for.  I wish her the best if she wants to do this.

Yes, becoming a RN is hard. I did it while being a single parent. The ex left me when she was 2. So I worked a full time job and did school while keeping house and raising her to be an independent woman. It’s hard but it might depend on how much you want it or need it. I needed a new profession and I don’t regret my decision to this day. I loved caring for people. It’s an extra gene that I have like my other one...wanderlust. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So basically she was intolerant of your stance on tolerance?  How lovely. 

• Love 14

I think that's he trying to transition to a style that accommodates his receding hairline, while at the same time maintaining the length.  It's not bad, imo.  I don't understand why he doesn't just get the plugs in the bald spots.  I think it's called a transplant where they take some from the back of scalp and move to the bald places.  I recall that John Gosselin had it done. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think that's he trying to transition to a style that accommodates his receding hairline, while at the same time maintaining the length.  It's not bad, imo.  I don't understand why he doesn't just get the plugs in the bald spots.  I think it's called a transplant where they take some from the back of scalp and move to the bald places.  I recall that John Gosselin had it done. 

I have a vague recollection that Kody did have the plug procedure done several seasons ago.  It wasn't part of the filming, but one of the "wives" referred to it in a talking head and I think he had it done on the crown of the head rather than the receding hairline.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I have a vague recollection that Kody did have the plug procedure done several seasons ago.  It wasn't part of the filming, but one of the "wives" referred to it in a talking head and I think he had it done on the crown of the head rather than the receding hairline.

OH.....I missed that.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

their gushing sure didn't happen with Mykelti and FT at their wedding.  They did look happy and very pleased with it all.

Christine is beside herself with glee that she has Kody by her side, at least for this one day.

I wonder if she graced the event with her rendition of a Scottish ditty.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Christine is beside herself with glee that she has Kody by her side, at least for this one day.

I wonder if she graced the event with her rendition of a Scottish ditty.

Hmm.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Or Aspyn said, no thank you!!

• Love 4

Honestly, I am curious as why this wedding was so different than the others.  I'm wondering if there was less drama, the bride and groom used good sense and that they were reasonable in their expectations.  I'm also curious as to where it was, like Utah or Vegas.  It looked like a perfect day whether wise. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Aspyn's wedding was on the grounds at at La Caille restaurant in Sandy, Utah with the reception in their greenhouse according to Sharkerbaby (on another thread).

9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm also curious as to where it was, like Utah or Vegas. 

Edited by Kohola3
more info
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was surprised to see this!  Video taken at Aspen's wedding.  Man, Kody and Christine seem VERY happy and sincerely THRILLED about the wedding and the marriage.  I've never seen them that happy.  OH, and Kody wears a KILT!  

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/sister-wives-kody-and-christine-brown-celebrate-their-daughters-wedding/

I love how Kody’s favorite moment was one that involved HIM!  Of course!  Oh Kody, never change.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Honestly, I am curious as why this wedding was so different than the others.  I'm wondering if there was less drama, the bride and groom used good sense and that they were reasonable in their expectations.  I'm also curious as to where it was, like Utah or Vegas.  It looked like a perfect day whether wise. 

I have to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing this next season! Aspyn seems like a sweet girl, and I love the whole theme and color scheme of the wedding. 

I've been to weddings that "worked" and weddings that were just run-of-the-mill or tacky. This one seems like it was one of those special days that captured a bit of magic. 

• Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

They look much more relaxed and happy!  Perhaps a wedding that looks planned based on the time of year and venue + fewer expensive craft projects = enjoyment.  

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Soaper410 said:

Perhaps a wedding that looks planned based on the time of year and venue + fewer expensive craft projects = enjoyment.  

Perhaps a bride and groom with two brains between them and no desire to be famewhores helps as well.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Perhaps a bride and groom with two brains between them and no desire to be famewhores helps as well.

I don't know, if you are on a reality show and you get married, that does make for a nice story line. I am sure we will see Aspyn and Mitch's wedding on the show next season. 

The big problem with Mykelti and Tony's was that nobody really liked the over-the-top theme, all the ridiculously labor-intensive crafty elements, the inappropriateness of the wedding ceremony location with regard to the weather and, let's be honest, not too many people really like either of them. I don't particularly loathe either one, but they are definitely rough around the edges, and that wedding was not my cup of tea. It seemed like it was a very stressful time for everyone. Weddings come with a certain level of built-in stress as it is, so piling on a bunch of unnecessary elements always irks me. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

If you are on a reality show and you get married, that does make for a nice story line.

But they can choose not to be on the reality (well, semi-real) show.  They don't owe anyone a story line.  Their wedding, their decision.

• Love 6