Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Big Fat Ambush

• Start Topic

In an effort to move on from her cheating ex-boyfriend, Avi, Whitney joins forces with Nada, Avi's other ex, from Egypt; a chance encounter brings Whitney and Nada face to face with Avi, leaving them shell-shocked.

It's going to be interesting to see how this graduate student from Bloomington, Indiana happens by chance to wander 592 miles into Greensboro, North Carolina.  Or do Nada and Whitney have their "chance" encounter after taking an unplanned road trip themselves?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this graduate student from Bloomington, Indiana just happens by chance to wander 592 miles into Greensboro, North Carolina.

I bet we never learn that.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this graduate student from Bloomington, Indiana happens by chance to wander 592 miles into Greensboro, North Carolina.  Or do Nada and Whitney have their "chance" encounter after taking an unplanned road trip themselves?

wander 592 miles twice a week into Greensboro.  Remember that?  She said she saw him twice a week (i.e. he "didn't have time to cheat")

Edited by notyrmomma
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, notyrmomma said:

wander 592 miles twice a week into Greensboro.  Remember that?  She said she saw him twice a week (i.e. he "didn't have time to cheat")

I can only repeat: I think the truth of their "dating" was a fast fuck every 2-3 weeks for a very few months. ( "Twice a week"? *snort*) Her "8 months" of dating was mostly on-line -- and in her head.

• Love 9

I remember seeing a profile about Avi in a Greensboro school magazine when all this kicked off back in the Spring, so I guess he moved to Greensboro and kept up his registration as a graduate student at Indiana. I still don't see how the "ambush" was accidental though.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, TickTock said:

I remember seeing a profile about Avi in a Greensboro school magazine when all this kicked off back in the Spring, so I guess he moved to Greensboro and kept up his registration as a graduate student at Indiana. I still don't see how the "ambush" was accidental though.

Was he teaching somewhere in Greensboro? Having a job would explain why he was there.

My understanding of advanced degrees is that you have to continue your enrollment at the university, but do not have to be on campus all the time while you work on your dissertation.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, thebigboot said:

Could you imagine how successful Whitney would be if she put as much work into herself and her “businesses” as she did into this fake connect the dots drek?

I don't understand why she doesn't have clothing items ready to go while the show premieres, or mugs or something. I would be promoting that stuff on my personal page and shipping it as fast as I could sell it. No time to track down male sluts; gotta get these beer cozies out. Maybe it's in her contract not to, but I don't see Dr. Now not accepting patients or any of the others stopping their lives while the show airs. I would make hay while the sun shines. That show is old by TV standards and they could pull the plug any time. She needs to be planning her next thing.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, LordOfLotion said:

I don't understand why she doesn't have clothing items ready to go while the show premieres, or mugs or something. I would be promoting that stuff on my personal page and shipping it as fast as I could sell it. No time to track down male sluts; gotta get these beer cozies out. Maybe it's in her contract not to, but I don't see Dr. Now not accepting patients or any of the others stopping their lives while the show airs. I would make hay while the sun shines. That show is old by TV standards and they could pull the plug any time. She needs to be planning her next thing.

She probably could have offered that blue dress she wore while wedding dress shopping (in plus sizes only, wouldn't want a skinny girl wearing it better). It would have sold out. If she came out with a Torrid-ish clothing line...I can't even think about it. I'm imagining Whit at NY fashion week-what an AWESOME episode that would be! Seeing ladies everywhere dressing like her...sports bras & leggings for everyone.

• Love 9
On 1/12/2018 at 9:35 PM, notyrmomma said:

Didn't she also carry on last week about seeing him driving down her street?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney has/had her line of No BS clothing but she puts about as much effort into marketing it as she does into running her dance classes. And according to the link, she's liquidating all her merch, so there goes that.

That is REALLY interesting, @Ketzel, in light of the fact that she was crowing after the cruise about her new line of leggings. I thought at the time she probably intended to rip off Big Girl Yoga & get her merchandise from the same supplier. I guess that got nipped in the bud.

I always thought of her clothing line as frumpwear. Even Twit herself never wore it. The worst were those shirts, her new line last year, that looked like the wearer had ripped the middle seam open so the shirt would fit over the butt. I even commented on Twit's FB page that if I wore one of those shirts, I'd just be begging to be called "whaletail."

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Dot said:

That is REALLY interesting, @Ketzel, in light of the fact that she was crowing after the cruise about her new line of leggings. I thought at the time she probably intended to rip off Big Girl Yoga & get her merchandise from the same supplier. I guess that got nipped in the bud.

I always thought of her clothing line as frumpwear. Even Twit herself never wore it. The worst were those shirts, her new line last year, that looked like the wearer had ripped the middle seam open so the shirt would fit over the butt. I even commented on Twit's FB page that if I wore one of those shirts, I'd just be begging to be called "whaletail."

You know what, I never thought about it till you mentioned it. Not very good for promoting your line if you don’t even wear it. Her business plan was probably tell her fans she had the line and hoped they’d all buy it with no other work involved.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, thebigboot said:

You know what, I never thought about it till you mentioned it. Not very good for promoting your line if you don’t even wear it. Her business plan was probably tell her fans she had the line and hoped they’d all buy it with no other work involved.

She must have the same business "sense" as the Sisterwives.  That's how they figured their "Sisterwives Closet" crap would sell.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, thebigboot said:

Could you imagine how successful Whitney would be if she put as much work into herself and her “businesses” as she did into this fake connect the dots drek?

Amen to that!!!!!  However, that kind of work would involve effort and make her do things that she doesn’t want to do. Like watch what she eats, exercise, get up early, do some real choreography and get some real dance classes.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney has/had her line of No BS clothing but she puts about as much effort into marketing it as she does into running her dance classes. And according to the link, she's liquidating all her merch, so there goes that.

0hsq87K.jpg

I'm shocked that this wasn't flying off the shelves.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

And why is she BITING it? Will she literally eat anything?

I think she is misunderstanding what a bite valve is, and how it operates. Because that doesn't look like a bite valve.

• Love 6

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that she ordered Nada to go run after him at the coffee shop. I think even Twit knows she can't waddle fast enough to reach him before he bolts. "He's leaving as soon as he sees you, go!" When you can't stalk your own fantasy relationships, you need to figure out your life.

• Love 23
On 1/13/2018 at 0:33 PM, Dot said:

Was he teaching somewhere in Greensboro? Having a job would explain why he was there.

My understanding of advanced degrees is that you have to continue your enrollment at the university, but do not have to be on campus all the time while you work on your dissertation.

Yup (PhD here). In fact, students in many fields may be out in the field, working for a government agency or non-profit, or some have landed teaching jobs before they've defended (a mistake...).  Having advised a few doctoral students, I don't like seeing them go off without at least having collected data. Too much 'life' can get in the way of finishing.  That said, I don't trust a dang thing I see on this show.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, aliya said:

Yup (PhD here). In fact, students in many fields may be out in the field, working for a government agency or non-profit, or some have landed teaching jobs before they've defended (a mistake...).  Having advised a few doctoral students, I don't like seeing them go off without at least having collected data. Too much 'life' can get in the way of finishing.  That said, I don't trust a dang thing I see on this show.

And if you check the Social Media thread, you'll find he IS teaching in Greensboro, thanks to Ace Researcher, @satellitecall.

• Love 2